them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #17 additional confirmation from PinballStar that this is a contract game Posted by PinballSTAR (7 years ago)

Post #29 Pics as of 1/30/17 are prototype only Posted by SpookyKT (7 years ago)

Post #514 Interesting numbers ! Posted by PinballCompany (7 years ago)

Post #659 Jetsons gameplay video from TPF Posted by ngoett (7 years ago)

Post #666 Jetsons play field close-up shots Posted by Jeremy8419 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#191 7 years ago

When you can get a set of 6 Jetsons figurines for $20.64 shipped on Amazon, why didn't you at least dress up the playfield with THOSE? First seller on Amazon has 36 set available. I'm sure you could easily scrounge up 100 sets to cover initial orders.

https://www.amazon.com/Barbera-Jetsons-Collector-Action-Figure/dp/B0091K3C7I/

I mean, there's sparse, and then there's SPARSE.

I mean, if it's good enough for Stern to literally raid toy departments for production toys for their playfields (most recently the batsignal toy) you shouldn't turn your nose up at it.

Also, the flyer shows the powdercoated legs and armor, but the other pics are normal black legs and armor. I would have taken that $100 or so for the powdercoating and invested that in a playfield feature or making the standups real drop targets instead. Invest in the GAME first, then if there's any left, the trim. I actually don't think the black looks bad at all, and I bet people would rather have more things happening on the playfield rather than some upgraded (and relatively expensive) trim for the cabinet.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Um....Jetsons is the future.
Or at least it used to be when I was a kid. What year is supposed to be set in? We may already be there.

Well, if that metallic hydrogen discovery turns out to be real and not a mistake or scam, we will finally have superconducting levitating cars and skateboards...so, almost.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

2062 - so still got a while to go.

Oh snap. We should have superconductivity at high temperatures conquered by then if we haven't blown the planet up. <- not an idle threat lately

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Not that Spooky needs defending from you people, but I'm going to do so anyway because this thread is almost totally full of crap.

Those of you thinking a boutique, low production pin can or should be cheap is joking themselves. Those of you expecting a boutique, low production $6k pin to be loaded with complicated, interactive toys and mechanisms is joking themselves even harder. This is not a mass market pin.

C'mon, they could have spent literally $20 more per pin and had their pick of up to 6 real, production Jetsons figurines adorning the playfield for that $20. Would have really helped it look less sparse and cost almost nothing.

Ditto the armor. If this is targeted at non-pinhead families, I'm pretty sure they would get more enjoyment out of some drop targets rather than static colored trim. The cost trade would actually probably have favored that swap, and it would have improved the interactivity of the game.

That said, maybe the goal is to zizzle it, and reduce moving parts and maintenance. From that angle, I can see why they have few interactive features, but the lack of figures even in that scenario is puzzling.

you people (resized).jpgyou people (resized).jpg

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I agree <$100 for few figurines and some side panel art would (visually) go a long way. Maybe they'll add a couple items between now and when they ship.
The most interesting thing to me about all of this is that a game room retailer is contracting this pin. It's pretty cool that you can have a pin made without having to start a pinball company. I wonder if we'll see more of this. Just think if Automated or Game Exchange really wanted to they could have a pin made! Hey JJ, got any good ideas? It might sink you, but the bragging rights have to be worth something, right?

Now that there's no need to make custom hardware to run them and program them in obscure ways, the barrier to making a new pin has been lowered substantially, both financially and in know-how.

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't understand these new pinball companies coming into the market and charging a higher price than the leader of the pinball industry. Usually a new company wants to offer people more bang for their buck to steal customers away and then screw them later on. These new companies are entering the pinball market and charging outrageous prices for a far inferior product. I'm not gonna go on a big rant and say what I'd really like to say, but I think you new pinball manufacturers better rethink your business strategy because the one you currently have makes zero sense and is destined to fail.

Economies of scale. Simple as that. Make 1000 of something it's much cheaper per unit than 10 or 100 or 500.

#413 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballCompany:

I just wanted to say thank you for all the support. This game was originally targeted at $3500-$4500, but pinball is expensive. Warner Brothers license is not cheap nor is the music. I also wanted to support Spooky Pinball and make sure they made some money to help grow their business. Our customers are loving this machine already and we haven't even shown any gameplay videos, the color display content, or added the toys to the playfield. This game will be an impressive addition to any lineup, but I understand it's not cheap enough or deep enough for everyone to buy one. However, I can't wait for everyone to get a chance to play it. It will be at TPF and I'm donating one to the PHOF in Vegas for all to enjoy. Pinside is a great resource and community. So glad it exists!
NIC

At least you've confirmed that toys to dress up the playfield ARE coming. It desperately needs some.

What's with the blurred section to the left of the pops, though?

1 month later
#652 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I don't recall the old version, anything else changed besides the added building?

Looks like three 3D buildings, the computer screen on the left is now 3d instead of a plastic, and it looks like a flying car next to the pop bumpers on the right side. Pop bumper caps are different, too, I think.

10 months later
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

anyone know what the final count of these were?

Would be interesting to know. Seems like 10, but probably 50-100?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.