Topic Stats

• 786 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Nameim
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 59 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jetsons Solenoid List.pdf (PDF preview)
e0f48c067f71f9d56d2854b7aa43f58a (resized).jpg
rps20170505_155446 (resized).jpg
20170402_142604 (resized).png
20170324_215009 (resized).jpg
20170324_215007 (resized).jpg
20170324_215003 (resized).jpg
20170324_214959 (resized).jpg
JETOLD (resized).jpg
JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Confirmed.
I guess Spooky doesn't wanna let Stern hold the crown of "King Of All Typos"

Ehhh.... whoops!

#402 2 years ago

I don't know anything about the process, but it's pretty cool that they got the license!

#403 2 years ago

Wow a couple days away from pinside and this gets announced and the thread is 9 pages deep, finally caught up.

First thought was great licence I remember this as a kid and the artwork is awesome, pricing was a little higher than i expected but let's see some gameplay first

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? It feels better than most of the b/w pins i own and owned which is a good many?
Its definitely the best player with some neat effects and toys but the code is my favorite overall of any b/w pins. Just alot of fun to play.

to each his own. I think it feels empty and not very fun. You probably like hobbit as well if you like big open fields of nothing.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

to each his own. I think it feels empty and not very fun. You probably like hobbit as well if you like big open fields of nothing.

No met, mb mm ,ss and stuff like that which are all about the same and they seem to be the most popular pins so im not the only one i guess....but i like just about all pinball to some extent but only have room for 9-10 favorites unfortunately so i like the fast flowing pins with bash toys most of all

#406 2 years ago

I just wanted to say thank you for all the support. This game was originally targeted at $3500-$4500, but pinball is expensive. Warner Brothers license is not cheap nor is the music. I also wanted to support Spooky Pinball and make sure they made some money to help grow their business. Our customers are loving this machine already and we haven't even shown any gameplay videos, the color display content, or added the toys to the playfield. This game will be an impressive addition to any lineup, but I understand it's not cheap enough or deep enough for everyone to buy one. However, I can't wait for everyone to get a chance to play it. It will be at TPF and I'm donating one to the PHOF in Vegas for all to enjoy. Pinside is a great resource and community. So glad it exists!

NIC

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCompany:

I just wanted to say thank you for all the support. This game was originally targeted at $3500-$4500, but pinball is expensive. Warner Brothers license is not cheap nor is the music. I also wanted to support Spooky Pinball and make sure they made some money to help grow their business. Our customers are loving this machine already and we haven't even shown any gameplay videos, the color display content, or added the toys to the playfield. This game will be an impressive addition to any lineup, but I understand it's not cheap enough or deep enough for everyone to buy one. However, I can't wait for everyone to get a chance to play it. It will be at TPF and I'm donating one to the PHOF in Vegas for all to enjoy. Pinside is a great resource and community. So glad it exists!

NIC

Thank you for doing all this Nic !

LTG : )

#408 2 years ago

NIC

More pinball is great pinball! would love to play one!

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

surprised nobody has spoken about the best thing...
Spooky can now do LARGE vac formed ramps!

Gee, maybe he can help Starship Fantasy do more than sell Pinball Inc's remaining inventory that they bought out a couple years ago.

Remember when BSD ramps were "one of the next 5 projects" and we all could not believe it was going to happen?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-to-retire-from-pinball-inc-ramp-manufacturing-its-been-a-blast?tq=bsd&tu#post-1572058

Yeah, me too.

I know, it's totally offtopic, but damn man, BSD ramps have been on a massive backburner. If Spooky can do big ramps, I know I'd buy a new one for my BSD plus a spare in a heartbeat.

Wouldn't. Think. Twice.

#410 2 years ago

NIC

Classy. This is how a business should deal with criticism in a public forum. Stern? Hello?

#411 2 years ago

NIC

Classy post. Congrats on taking the high road.

Best of luck with your venture.

rd

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

World Poker Tour? Why would you dog on it aside for being uglier than sin? The game has things on it, drop targets out the wazoo, upper pf, it is obvious where the bom went.

Apparently people are just too damn sensitive and looking for the negative. Saying WPT has an open playfield is not dogging on WPT...it's a fact.

The game is fun but it has an open playfield.

#413 2 years ago

NIC

At least you've confirmed that toys to dress up the playfield ARE coming. It desperately needs some.

What's with the blurred section to the left of the pops, though?

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The sole reason for the 300 limit in my opinion is to try and create a sense of rarity and therefore more demand than supply, therefore justifying the high price.

They should just make 75, one for each episode.

#415 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

At least you've confirmed that toys to dress up the playfield ARE coming. It desperately needs some.

Probably something that doesn't have final approval?

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Gee, maybe he can help Starship Fantasy do more than sell Pinball Inc's remaining inventory that they bought out a couple years ago.
Remember when BSD ramps were "one of the next 5 projects" and we all could not believe it was going to happen?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/time-to-retire-from-pinball-inc-ramp-manufacturing-its-been-a-blast?tq=bsd&tu#post-1572058
Yeah, me too.
I know, it's totally offtopic, but damn man, BSD ramps have been on a massive backburner. If Spooky can do big ramps, I know I'd buy a new one for my BSD plus a spare in a heartbeat.
Wouldn't. Think. Twice.

off topic but a GREAT idea! It seems that is what homepin is doing to help keep bringing money in. Only seems logical that Spooky could bring in additional funds by making some badly needed ramps for other games.

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

off topic but a GREAT idea! It seems that is what homepin is doing to help keep bringing money in. Only seems logical that Spooky could bring in additional funds by making some badly needed ramps for other games.

I wonder if rick got ramp molds in his gene haul.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's a "smoked" plastic to cover the inner loop. There is a piece inside to help keep the ball in the loop.

#419 2 years ago

Is the entire game going to come packaged in a briefcase?

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I have a Domino's en route from Spooky, and it will be about $350 to ship. Very reasonable. What I'd like to do even more is road trip to Spooky and pick up both at once!
Cheers, Mr. Puck.
-Winston.

1st off. You have a domino's coming to Edmonton! Sick!
2nd I am down for a road trip to see Spooky HQ. Would be an amazing drive. Hit all the pinball stops along the way...

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Classy. This is how a business should deal with criticism in a public forum. Stern? Hello?

Stern doesn't post on forums threatening to put an embargo on an entire country when people from said country make observational criticisms about their product though so it isn't an accurate comparative example.

Quoted from Homepin:

I have almost decided that I will not make this machine available to the USA market. I may not even include an option for 110V.
The USA was never an intended market. There are 200 other countries..............
Have fun in the USA living in your sheltered world.
I'm busy now - taking the "post to the USA" option off my website for boards I make because I don't think I will sell them to anyone in the US anymore - ByeBye.
Yes, I am taking my bat and ball and going home (if any of you actually understand that).

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Confirmed.
I guess Spooky doesn't wanna let Stern hold the crown of "King Of All Typos"

Stern still holds the crown.

SM - You ooze, you loose. The best part of this one is that it was never corrected despite multiple production runs over several years.
GB - Negative reinforcment.
B66 - Villian vision.

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I wonder if rick got ramp molds in his gene haul.

He did (or somebody did before hand; maybe pinball ramps prior to them selling off). I was down there just prior to the bankruptcy forced liquidation and there were a few pallets of ramps molds.

#424 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you're a fan of games with lots of stuff in the middle of the playfield, you must love Fish Tales, right?

#425 2 years ago

Can't believe people are seriously comparing this layout with AFM for 'sparse'.

Survey says: "er...... no."

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Stern still holds the crown.
SM - You ooze, you loose. The best part of this one is that it was never corrected despite multiple production runs over several years.
GB - Negative reinforcment.
B66 - Villian vision.

Yikes; at least B66 didn't ship with that typo.

#427 2 years ago

NIC

I love the theme and I am not very good at pinball....so....Order Placed Yesterday! I can't wait and I am excited to hear that there will be more toys.

I just wish I knew yesterday before I spent $100 on Hallmark Toys on eBay.

#428 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I love the theme and I am not very good at pinball....so....Order Placed Yesterday! I can't wait and I am excited to hear that there will be more toys. I just wish I knew yesterday before I spent $100 on Hallmark Toys on eBay.

#429 2 years ago

we haven't even shown any gameplay videos, the color display content, or added the toys to the playfield.

GREAT news!!

#430 2 years ago

Btw, I hope you ship each machine with an extra set of plastics. That one covering the CEO targets will be blasted quickly unless extra protection is installed.

But, since the photos show a prototype I'm sure you already know that.

Thanks for keeping pinball alive!

#431 2 years ago

My reservation would be if the code was too shallow for well experienced players, great looking game for novice players kids or older folks I'd bet.

#432 2 years ago

pinballcompany Keep doing what you all do! You guys are one of the best, I had a great purchase from you all!

#433 2 years ago

I was looking at the pics again and nowhere does it say Hanna-Barbara or whoever licensed the theme. Wonder if that will be added later?

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was looking at the pics again and nowhere does it say Hanna-Barbara or whoever licensed the theme. Wonder if that will be added later?

It's clearly on the translite and apron. Zoom in.

#435 2 years ago

Good fortune to Nic, Brooke, and Charlie regarding this latest market experiment.

Is there a private market for the conditions of pinball construction and exclusivity under consignment?
Yes.

Is this a good method to expand advertisement marketing for the company?
Yes.

Will this concept work and be successful for the given pricing model testing for this game and desirability for this title?
Unknown.

#436 2 years ago

Guys, guys, this is for kids who want their own pinball machine and have parents that want to fork out $6000 for a toy. So, like, everybody. This is a pot of gold.

#437 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Btw, I hope you ship each machine with an extra set of plastics. That one covering the CEO targets will be blasted quickly unless extra protection is installed.
But, since the photos show a prototype I'm sure you already know that.
Thanks for keeping pinball alive!

Last time I visited Spooky Pinball, I had a chance to check the game out. In fact, Charlie wanted me to nit pick everything. And I did. There were a few things I pointed out, but Charlie was aware of most of them.

This is, after all, a prototype. It's the first one. For anyone who's built a pinball machine from the ground up, (yeah, I didn't thing there were many here that have) there are a million and five things to think about. And just when you have the million worked out, you forget about the five.

Charlie and the guys are more than happy to get constructive criticism. Seriously, that's how things improve.

#438 2 years ago

cant see anybody paying 6999.00 for this let alone 15000 for bm 66 sle . I could be wrong though.

#439 2 years ago

bryan_kelly Exactly, I'm not trying to be an ass about it. Just giving my few cents

#440 2 years ago

While we're being pedantic, the "CEO targets" are GEO targets. They spell GEORGE between the center set and the right set.

#441 2 years ago

I thought the first 100 are $6,000?

Quoted from robotron:

cant see anybody paying 6999.00 for this let alone 15000 for bm 66 sle . I could be wrong though.

#442 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

bryan_kelly Exactly, I'm not trying to be an ass about it. Just giving my few cents

I didn't mean to point my finger at you. I didn't take it that way.

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I didn't mean to point my finger at you. I didn't take it that way.

Me neither. Sorry if it sounded that way. /R

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

For anyone who's built a pinball machine from the ground up, (yeah, I didn't thing there were many here that have) there are a million and five things to think about. And just when you have the million worked out, you forget about the five.

Damn right. Look, people can bitch about whatever they want, and it's not that I don't get it, this looks like a System 11 game in spirit, and that's not what a lot of modern buyers want, at that price point at least. But it's just damn impressive that Spooky has finished another game. I can't say it enough, and I'm on the list of people who ought to know what that means.

And I think System 11s are a ton of fun, and very viable in home collections. Accessible, fun, easy to pick up and put down. Not everything has to be a Keefer special, with so much depth you need a liquid oxygen diving suit.

Hope all 300 sell and this proves to be a viable model, who knows what the future could bring?

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Guys, guys, this is for kids who want their own pinball machine and have parents that want to fork out $6000 for a toy. So, like, everybody. This is a pot of gold.

None of our kids or their friends (ages 6-15) know who the Jetsons are.

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

None of our kids or their friends (ages 6-15) know who the Jetsons are.

I could ask my kids, but who cares? If I brought one of these home we'd just marathon an afternoon of old episodes, have some fun, and then play pinball. They'd get it all right away, because kids are smart.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

because kids are smart.

Yep, and they quickly know what they like and don't like.

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If you're a fan of games with lots of stuff in the middle of the playfield, you must love Fish Tales, right?

i prefer it better than AFM.

#449 2 years ago

I just wanted to say thank you for all the support. This game was originally targeted at $3500-$4500, but pinball is expensive.
NIC

Kudos for trying to be affordable. I know for sure a $4000 price point I would be in the market for one. I still might be once i see it. Sometimes, simplicity is the best! Congrats on the license and the new game.

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My next game isn't Bible Adventures or Scooby Doo.
But I am coding it personally.

Any chance of updated code for that lonely Space Shuttle sitting in your collection? That would be awesome. Looking forward to whatever you're working on Ben...Stay gold.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 300.00
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 17.00
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 7,500.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside