Topic Stats

• 786 posts
  • 250 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Nameim
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 59 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Jetsons Solenoid List.pdf (PDF preview)
e0f48c067f71f9d56d2854b7aa43f58a (resized).jpg
rps20170505_155446 (resized).jpg
20170402_142604 (resized).png
20170324_215009 (resized).jpg
20170324_215007 (resized).jpg
20170324_215003 (resized).jpg
20170324_214959 (resized).jpg
JETOLD (resized).jpg
JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

anyone know what the final count of these were?

Would be interesting to know. Seems like 10, but probably 50-100?

#752 1 year ago

I had high hopes for this pin.. theme was right, art was right, layout just didn't do much for me.

#753 1 year ago

100 first run with the option of up to 200 more.
Cant see more being made, this may turn out to be the lowest number of production line pins made. I wonder what the pizza pin did.

#754 1 year ago

My guess is less than 50 sold, price is too high imo

#755 1 year ago

Only problem with the machine right now is the price. This should be similar to that home pin that stern made and priced around $3500-4K. They would sell at this price.

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only problem with the machine right now is the price. This should be similar to that home pin that stern made and priced around $3500-4K. They would sell at this price.

Agreed.

#757 1 year ago

Agreed, it could have sold well at $3-4K

It’s the same cost as TNA which has a lot more sizzle, I’d imagine if you weren’t buying every new pin but instead picking them based on overall appeal you’d buy a AFM remake or TNA or something else unless you were crazy about The Jetsons as a theme.

#758 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I had high hopes for this pin.. theme was right, art was right, layout just didn't do much for me.

The lack of callouts doesn't help it appeal-wise either.

#759 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The lack of callouts doesn't help it appeal-wise either.

I spoke with Pinball Company a while back and was told they were working on acquiring more fallouts and sounds in code update, not sure if this ever happened or will happen.

You have to wonder what this machine really cost to develop and what kind of margin they have at 6k. Compared to the competition, this is no more than a 4K machine if that.

Seems to me they are trying to gouge the crap out of everyone on each machine they sell so they don't have to eat the development cost, I think a whole 6 pinsiders are shown owning this title.

#760 1 year ago

100 production games made. 1 sent to Hanna-Barbara for approval that they keep and 1 development machine at Spooky and no more will be made.
Yes, the game is sorely lacking in the callout department. Custom voice callouts are in the neighborhood of $3k for EACH character and they won't allow voice imposters like Stern uses. They also will not allow ripped speech from episodes to be included in the game. Again - license restrictions hurt a final product. Last I heard from the boss man, he will pay for 1 character to act as a narrator similar to walking dead for the jackpot, , super jackpot, shoot here and here, and other similar callouts. I do not have a timeframe for when this might happen though. Out of my hands.

1 went to Japan and 6 went to somewhere in eastern Europe not too long ago.

#761 1 year ago
Quoted from dgoett:

100 production games made. 1 sent to Hanna-Barbara for approval that they keep and 1 development machine at Spooky and no more will be made.
Yes, the game is sorely lacking in the callout department. Custom voice callouts are in the neighborhood of $3k for EACH character and they won't allow voice imposters like Stern uses. They also will not allow ripped speech from episodes to be included in the game. Again - license restrictions hurt a final product. Last I heard from the boss man, he will pay for 1 character to act as a narrator similar to walking dead for the jackpot, , super jackpot, shoot here and here, and other similar callouts. I do not have a timeframe for when this might happen though. Out of my hands.

If Nic is willing to pay for a single character, I'd recommend RUDI, George's work computer. He'd be a good fit for a narrator.

#762 1 year ago
Quoted from dgoett:

3k for a single character isn't bad if it makes the machine sell. Or lower the price a bit to fall in line where it should be.

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Or lower the price a bit to fall in line where it should be.

I don't disagree with you in the least. Initially, when we developed it, the target price was $4500MSRP. But as the license renewels came and cost of parts and production along with the limited run, the cost went up higher than we wanted.

Quoted from epthegeek:

If Nic is willing to pay for a single character, I'd recommend RUDI, George's work computer. He'd be a good fit for a narrator.

I agree. It's between Rudi or Rosie. I would lean towards Rudi, myself. Be great to have rudy, George and spacely. If my powerball numbers some up, i'll pay to have all the characters in it!

#764 1 year ago

Mr. Spacely might be an interesting choice. Basically have the machine bossing you around.

e0f48c067f71f9d56d2854b7aa43f58a (resized).jpg

#765 1 year ago

It's a shame that the original voice cast is gone now. Any custom speech will have to be sound-alikes anyway. I think Rosie would have been a great narrator, especially with sarcastic humor.

#766 1 year ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I don't disagree with you in the least. Initially, when we developed it, the target price was $4500MSRP. But as the license renewels came and cost of parts and production along with the limited run, the cost went up higher than we wanted.

I agree. It's between Rudi or Rosie. I would lean towards Rudi, myself. Be great to have rudy, George and spacely. If my powerball numbers some up, i'll pay to have all the characters in it!

It's a shame about the price, at $4000-$4500 I think a lot of people would be interested and perhaps it wouldn't have needed to be as small of a run. That is a pricepoint that would get a lot of people back into NIB machines.

Any idea how many they actually have sold domestically?

#767 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Mr. Spacely might be an interesting choice. Basically have the machine bossing you around.

Spacely bossing you around to make shots would probably be the most fitting.

#768 1 year ago

It really is not a bad machine. It's perhaps a bit simplistic, but I have fun whenever I'm playing it. I swear that one on location in Lawrence's is setup insainly difficult though. I'd be curious to see what the average ball times are on that versus the RZ sitting next to it. It seemed like the ball was heading down the gap after exiting from the orbit on the left.

#769 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's perhaps a bit simplistic, but I have fun whenever I'm playing it.

I think it's simple, but hard at the same time. And it's quite fun to reach EEP-OPP. A wizard mode that's attainable but not every time [damn Orbitty and Elroy].
The rules are pretty complete I think. Love when you qualify to start Spacey vs. Cogswell, that the faster you start the mode, the higher your jackpots will be. When playing competitively it's imperative to get the jackpot as high as possible and MAKE the shots.
I enjoy it but I co-designed it so I'm pretty biased. lol
Callouts would finish the machine off nicely and I REALLY hope they get done soon.

#770 1 year ago

Yeah, I was editing my post when you commented. The machine I played most of my games on was very hard.

#771 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

3k for a single character isn't bad

Guessing that is just the license/authorization/approvals, then there is the cost of the actor, the studio time, the sound engineer, the editing, etc.

Given that the total run is likely to stay at 100, this could easily add $50 to $100 per machine of cost.

The idea of a simpler game, with less that can go wrong, for non-pinball enthusiasts homes, had a lot going for it, too bad they could not get it done at the price that originally targeted.

8 months later
#772 1 year ago

Any updates ever done to the Jetsons code? If not anything still in the works?

2 weeks later
#773 1 year ago

We played a ton of Jetsons at the end of Expo and it was pretty fun. Definitely with code updates it could be an even more fun game since a few things aren't that 'smart' in the way the rules go.

How many of these are there anyhow? Would be fun to see more out there!

Video of me failing to start the wizard mode here (and Koi Morris killing it - he had the GC at over 260M): https://www.facebook.com/stevenbowden/videos/10216659517631071/

3 months later
#774 11 months ago

I have created a Solenoid Chart for The Jetsons. This will help in repairing any coil problems.

Click on the image to view it.

Jetsons Solenoid List.pdf

2 weeks later
#775 10 months ago

Instruction cards are now available here for The Jetsons:

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Spooky_Pinball.htm

#776 10 months ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Instruction cards are now available here for The Jetsons:
http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Spooky_Pinball.htm

How do I size them for printing?
Thanks, Jim

#777 10 months ago

They are pdf files. In your printer dialog box, select "No Scaling" so it will print the correct size. DON"T select "fit to page" or "shrink to fit" because it will print the wrong size.

#778 10 months ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

They are pdf files. In your printer dialog box, select "No Scaling" so it will print the correct size. DON"T select "fit to page" or "shrink to fit" because it will print the wrong size.

Thanks!

4 months later
#779 6 months ago

Bump for Jetsons

#780 6 months ago

I always thought this would be a great game to tinker with the code to add callouts and music from the show. I don't have one though so no idea how to test that.

#781 6 months ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I always thought this would be a great game to tinker with the code to add callouts and music from the show. I don't have one though so no idea how to test that.

About a year ago I sent an inquiry to Pinball Company and they claimed there was an update coming with some more assets to be added.

I’m guessing this never happened?

#782 6 months ago

the game is really fun if you just go for the wizard mode as the scoring is unbalanced with MB being too valuable I'd say but I wish more of these games existed or were out on location - it's pretty fun to shoot!

2 months later
#783 4 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

About a year ago I sent an inquiry to Pinball Company and they claimed there was an update coming with some more assets to be added.
I’m guessing this never happened?

I feel like this game gets no love from either The Pinball Company or Spooky. I have called and written both companies to ask about any pending updates but there has been nothing forthcoming. There presently are no call outs other than a dog barking, the Elroy award double scores, the apron cards that were supplied to me after a year of ownership contained misinformation and typos. The game is a blast to play, very snappy and has good looking art. My kids and I love playing the game and I intend to keep it in my collection but I would like some software love for the game.

#784 4 months ago
Quoted from Nameim:

I feel like this game gets no love from either The Pinball Company or Spooky. I have called and written both companies to ask about any pending updates but there has been nothing forthcoming. There presently are no call outs other than a dog barking, the Elroy award double scores, the apron cards that were supplied to me after a year of ownership contained misinformation and typos. The game is a blast to play, very snappy and has good looking art. My kids and I love playing the game and I intend to keep it in my collection but I would like some software love for the game.

Its possible only you and 2 others own the game? JK!!! With that said I must say you have an interesting spread of game fun from WOZ to Jetsons? You must Love WOZ after playing Jetsons.

#785 4 months ago
Quoted from dgoett:...1 went to Japan and 6 went to somewhere in eastern Europe not too long ago.

I played the one in Japan; it’s at the Silver Ball Planet in Osaka. It’s a fantastic place!

http://brangista.j-server.com/BRABIGSTEP/ns/tl.cgi/http://big-step.co.jp/event/detail/52/?SLANG=ja&TLANG=en&XMODE=0&XJSID=0

#786 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Its possible only you and 2 others own the game? JK!!! With that said I must say you have an interesting spread of game fun from WOZ to Jetsons? You must Love WOZ after playing Jetsons.

I gotta say, I truly enjoy BOTH games. As I said, I think the Jetsons gets no love. Yes it has a less challenging and deep rule set BUT it is also a blast to play and definitely has that “just one more game” feeling to it. MHO

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 64.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 12.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 21.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 19.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside