JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.
#701 7 years ago

yes, it was getting played a bunch. The first one kept having issues, so I only played it twice. seems like an okay game, not my cup of tea though. I finally got a chance to play rob zombie, that seemed to be getting alot more attention.

#702 7 years ago

The Spooky area always had a healthy amount of people playing, at least from what I saw.

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

was the game available to be played? I'm surprised only one person posted, maybe we're not the target audience is right.

Yes; two of them, playable. Played a single game on it.

#704 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Yes; two of them, playable. Played a single game on it.

can't say anything about the game?

#705 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

can't say anything about the game?

Did earlier in the TPF thread. It was a nice looking, simple game. A lot of side to side action... very fast for what I assume is a family game. Most shots seemed to be meant to collect letters of the names of the characters

J-A-N-E
G-E-O-R-G-E
R-O-S-Y

I think they need to do a little more work on the contrast on the DMD dots... the edges of some of the animations looked a little rough... there were some white pixels here and there. A little more contrast to separate foreground/background elements in the dots would be better IMO. The one scene I'm thinking of is the one where George is leaning back in his chair at his desk.

Otherwise a solid machine.

#706 7 years ago

Only real negative imo was that Elroy seemed a bit wonky. Every time I shot the ball in there it seemed like it just rattled around then slowly rolled out lol

#707 7 years ago

A short vid. The Noid peeks in a bit, too.

#708 7 years ago

I played a couple games and enjoyed it. It is simple but if you compare the number of shots to Stern AS there isn't all that much difference. The pastel colors and cartoon artwork add to the notion that it's simple. As a Spooky buyer I saw some improvement over previous games in how smooth it plays.

Ruleset and complexity will be he downfall for very active collectors wanting to own this. Also I wish they would change the geometry of their VUK, still too clunky.

#709 7 years ago

On the videos I've seen, the Elroy shot isn't this wild. Perhaps there's some tweaking that needs done.

#710 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

» YouTube video
On the videos I've seen, the Elroy shot isn't this wild. Perhaps there's some tweaking that needs done.

Hmmm, when I was playing, it seemed like the center of Elroy had something in the middle that the ball kept colliding with and making it just kinda rattle back out. Hard to tell cuz there's a toy over it now. I only think maybe once or twice that the ball actually returned like in that video. Most times it just kinda rolled back down the middle or left of playfield I think.

#711 7 years ago

Seemed like there was some plastic piece or something right here that the ball kept hitting the corner of and just making it rattle around under the front of the school and roll out. That is, it seemed like hitting into Elroy wasn't enough to actually do Elroy...you had to get it in at the right angle or it'd just rattle back out.

20170402_142604 (resized).png20170402_142604 (resized).png

#712 7 years ago

that shot in flinstones has a plastic teardrop in the middle of the loop to act as an inner ball guide. maybe this needs one.

#713 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

that shot in flinstones has a plastic teardrop in the middle of the loop to act as an inner ball guide. maybe this needs one.

I actually think that's what I was talking about that the ball was hitting. Like hitting it on the pointed end of the teardrop shape. Maybe the neck of the entry to Elroy doesn't taper in enough before it goes under the school.

How do you tag people? Maybe spooky is already aware of it.

#714 7 years ago

there is a center ball guide in the elroy shot. Cant tell from that pic, but I know it exists and works as intended.

#715 7 years ago

I don't see how Jetsons is going to sell well, even 300 machines, when its priced $800-$1k more then Stern Pro's, including now Aerosmith Pro which uses its LCD more impressively. For $6k there is not one interactive toy on the game? No metal ramps or metal habit rails? I know the game is being targeted to families but games like Ghostbusters Pro and Star Trek Pro are fairly family friendly (can turn off adult content) as well, cost less and offer much more value with their feature sets.

#716 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't see how Jetsons is going to sell well, even 300 machines, when its priced $800-$1k more then Stern Pro's, including now Aerosmith Pro which uses its LCD more impressively. For $6k there is not one interactive toy on the game? No metal ramps or metal habit rails?

If Alice Cooper isn't Spooky's Loch Ness Monster then we will definitely be seeing Spooky Pinball go the way of Game Plan and Gottlieb.

#717 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't see how Jetsons is going to sell well,

It has sold. Spooky was contracted to build it for The Pinball Company.

LTG : )

#718 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

If Alice Cooper isn't Spooky's Loch Ness Monster then we will definitely be seeing Spooky Pinball go the way of Game Plan and Gottlieb.

AC will take Spooky to the next level. It is feature packed!

#719 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Exactly.

It's a contract game.

#720 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

there is a center ball guide in the elroy shot. Cant tell from that pic, but I know it exists and works as intended.

Played it about 10 times. Ball just kept smacking the center ball guide. Only actually went the loop around the ball guide and shot back out properly maybe 15% of the time.

#721 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hope it's successful and maybe can see more contract pins in the future. This entire run is just $1.8M dollars.

Maybe in future small runs games like Predator could follow a similar path.

1 month later
#722 6 years ago

They got a new Jetsons game at the Allentown show. Its way in the back of the farmers market. Not on freeplay though.

rps20170505_155446 (resized).jpgrps20170505_155446 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#723 6 years ago

Man, no news on thos pin.
Are these close to coming off the line?
When will these be shipping.
Loosing interest fast.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Loosing interest fast.

I don't know, but why not call them for an answer?

(573) 234-2234

#725 6 years ago

Modern day Gottlieb/Premier....

#726 6 years ago

Played it at the TPF. Was a horrible game. Great title (Don't see allot of kids titles in pinball) not taken seriously. Worst design ever.
I think Aspen would be more popular. Sent a friend over who was really wanting to play it. Told him don't waste your time if anyone is a head of you. Did he listen? "NO" waited and walked away on the 3rd ball. I ask, "should I ask what you though"? He's response was "I would have been better off waiting in a long line for a hotdog". Game is so bad! There's not real fun built into it. Thrown together IMO.

That Allen town Jetsons would have been worth a quarter.

#727 6 years ago

Played Domino's at VFW. I don't care who is sponsoring these machines, spooky is putting their name and reputation on them.
Not good.

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Played Domino's at VFW. I don't care who is sponsoring these machines, spooky is putting their name and reputation on them.
Not good.

Quoted from wdpvideo:

Played it at the TPF. Was a horrible game. Great title (Don't see allot of kids titles in pinball) not taken seriously. Worst design ever.
I think Aspen would be more popular. Sent a friend over who was really wanting to play it. Told him don't waste your time if anyone is a head of you. Did he listen? "NO" waited and walked away on the 3rd ball. I ask, "should I ask what you though"? He's response was "I would have been better off waiting in a long line for a hotdog". Game is so bad! There's not real fun built into it. Thrown together IMO.
That Allen town Jetsons would have been worth a quarter.

We're not the target audience.

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Not good.

Yeah man that thing was rough.

Quoted from rai:We're not the target audience.

The game was impossible to understand, so if it's for kids that's not good either.

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Loosing interest fast.

Worst haiku ever.

#732 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

We're not the target audience.

"Obviously"

1 week later
#734 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I think you misunderstand the business risk to Spooky. Spooky contracted to do the code (Fawzma) and assembly. Nic Parks ThePinballCompany designed the table, the art, and is takes on the funding for BoM and selling tasks - meaning Nic takes the risk. I presume Charlie "simply" gets a set $ per game assembled. The current issue (got mine in the mail last week) of Gameroom Magazine has a nice write-up on Jetsons. (of course remember, Nic has taken over and is publisher of Game Room Magazine).

#735 6 years ago

spot on dgarrett.

#736 6 years ago

Whether pinside likes the game or not (as previously stated pinside not the target audience for this game) the fact that Spooky is building them is a good business decision for them.

Now if you really hate AMH, RZ or the upcoming AC then you have a more legitimate gripe, however if Spooky continues to make money while building pinball machines with a vast majority of happy customers, I call that a win on their end.

1 month later
#737 6 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=93hpflGJVUM

Fawzma and I have been working hard on code [well he has] over the last 2 weeks and it's getting there.

Here's a gameplay video in it's current state as of 7/23/2017.
A few more changes and tweaks coming but thought I'd share.

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I think you misunderstand the business risk to Spooky. Spooky contracted to do the code (Fawzma) and assembly. Nic Parks ThePinballCompany designed the table, the art, and is takes on the funding for BoM and selling tasks - meaning Nic takes the risk. I presume Charlie "simply" gets a set $ per game assembled. The current issue (got mine in the mail last week) of Gameroom Magazine has a nice write-up on Jetsons. (of course remember, Nic has taken over and is publisher of Game Room Magazine).

What does my comment have to do with The Jetsons even though this is the Jetsons' thread. I merely said that they are in trouble if Alice Cooper isn't a homerun which is absolutely true. And honestly, how many Domino's and Jetsons are they selling? My guess is not very much.

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

And honestly, how many Domino's and Jetsons are they selling? My guess is not very much.

At least 100 of each. That is what was contracted to be built. With option of another 100, or 200 of Jetsons.

Spooky isn't selling them. They were paid to make them. Dominos is doing what ever with theirs ( Sell, contests, for in their stores ? ) and The Pinball Company is selling the Jetsons.

So no matter what happens with the games, Spooky isn't losing anything on them.

#740 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

So no matter what happens with the games, Spooky isn't losing anything on them.

You guys obviously can't see the forest through the trees. I'm not talking about the money they are making off of Jetsons and Dominos. I'm going on record saying that due to the RZ fiasco, if Alice Cooper isn't a home run, a poor effort can and will put the company out of business.

#741 6 years ago

Spooky is also producing Total Nuclear Annihilation . Ben is working on another game for spooky as well .

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm going on record saying that due to the RZ fiasco, if Alice Cooper isn't a home run, a poor effort can and will put the company out of business.

What's the RZ fiasco? I heard they only have 2 left.

#743 6 years ago

Unlike a stern who has to pay a ton of people, and heat and air condition a 100k sq ft building, and pay cook county taxes on said property, Charlie still has far less overhead on his new buildings and extended workforce. Would he hurt if he doesn't sell all 500 Alice coopers? Perhaps a little, but im sure he'd be just fine.. start building the next game, and then the next game.

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

You guys obviously can't see the forest through the trees. I'm not talking about the money they are making off of Jetsons and Dominos. I'm going on record saying that due to the RZ fiasco, if Alice Cooper isn't a home run, a poor effort can and will put the company out of business.

Sounds like you are just making shit up and have zero business sense. What a great combination to comment on the viability of someone's business!

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Quoted from solarvalue:

What's the RZ fiasco? I heard they only have 2 left.

To be fair, there are a number of people that don't like RZ. However, with smaller production runs Spooky can produce tables that aren't for everyone. In the case of RZ, they only need to find 300 people that enjoy the game. I think that's part of the beauty of a smaller company like Spooky. I think the biggest issue is still the speculation aspect of this hobby. If you wait on a run of 150 / 300 / 500 and the game is a hit, you're not going to be able to easily track one down. So many people are willing to put down thousands on a game they've never played on the chance that it's going to be a hit. I hope the unlimited runs of TNA is a successful model, but my fear is this "fear of missing out" might be driving some of this current market.

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

To be fair, there are a number of people that don't like RZ.

To be fair, there are a number of people who don't like Attack From Mars or MM or SS or Tron or....

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

To be fair, there are a number of people who don't like Attack From Mars or MM or SS or Tron or....

Perfectly fair. The greater point I was trying to make with that comment is that RZ isn't a "rinse and repeat" of a known popular layout. With larger production runs it's harder for a company to take on risks. I feel that innovation (or perhaps just variation) is more likely to occur within boutique companies. In my opinion that is a good thing for the hobby.

4 months later
#749 6 years ago

Here's a video of the Jetsons pinball machine we made while visiting the Spooky pinball world headquarters. Enjoy

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-mayhem-youtube-channel-thread#post-4113223

1 month later
#750 6 years ago

anyone know what the final count of these were?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,700.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Investments

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 786 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-jetsons-revealed/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.