Topic Stats

• 771 posts
  • 245 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 58 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

e0f48c067f71f9d56d2854b7aa43f58a (resized).jpg
rps20170505_155446 (resized).jpg
20170402_142604 (resized).png
20170324_215009 (resized).jpg
20170324_215007 (resized).jpg
20170324_215003 (resized).jpg
20170324_214959 (resized).jpg
JETOLD (resized).jpg
JET (resized).jpg
DrDelviramento (resized).jpg
them (resized).jpg
1j46be (resized).jpg
IMG_6113 (resized).JPG
IMG_1002 (resized).JPG
JETSONS BIG SCREEN (resized).png
IMG_4750 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 771 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.
#301 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

I agree, seems odd to do a cartoon theme from the 60's.

Enh, cartoons are cartoons. If you set a kid in front of a row of games like TWD, GOT, KISS, ACDC and there's a Jetsons in the mix, they'd probably go for the Jetsons first, even if they aren't familiar with it.

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

I agree, seems odd to do a cartoon theme from the 60's.

How is it odd to do an iconic cartoon theme? It's not any odder than Batman '66.

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Price schedule:
First 100 machines: $5999
Second 100 machines: $6499
Last 100 machines: $6999
Ouch.

Are they only making 300 Total machines???!

#304 1 year ago

Please tell me vague rumors of game number 3 is Scooby Doo aren't true?

And that Ben Heck is coding it......

Noooooooo!

That would be soooo tempting

#305 1 year ago

I like this direction for Spooky. It keeps things moving along while they develop their own games and keeps the lights on. I also like that it appears to be a simpler game, like Dominos. I think there's a real need in the market for entry level complexity. IMO it will lead to bringing in new people and ages into the hobby.

Right now, the entry point for a simple enjoyable game, is a used/refurbished older SS or even EM. Each with its own complexity and wear, and required maitenance which is a problem for newer less technical people getting into the hobby.

I'm also watching this as a path to some of the homebrewers interested in taking that next step once a machine is designed, presuming they can fund the licensing and cost to MFG. A win across the board. Kudo's to Spooky for making their own path and seeing potential in different places.

#306 1 year ago

Wow, folks have been bashing Stern for the value on their recent machines, but 6k for this really seems like an inappropriate price point. This looks like it should be at most in "The Pin" price range around 4k or less. No comparison between this and any Stern Pro from the last few years, all while the Stern Pro is +/- 1k cheaper street price.

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

It's not any odder than Batman '66.

So, you agree with me, it's odd!! LoL

#308 1 year ago
Quoted from Radagast:

Wow, folks have been bashing Stern for the value on their recent machines, but 6k for this really seems like an inappropriate price point. This looks like it should be at most in "The Pin" price range around 4k or less. No comparison between this and any Stern Pro from the last few years, all while the Stern Pro is +/- 1k cheaper street price.

At least the code will probably better than the 40% currently being delivered by Stern....

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

At least the code will probably better than the 40% currently being delivered by Stern....

The rules in general are fairly simple. But there was room to add a bit of complexity as well.

For the most part its what Brian mentioned, you hit all the shots to spell all the characters. Do that to start one of the multi balls.. Then there's the cogs vs spacely mode which it a bit more involved. Shoot the scoop to "lock balls" then capture the ball the saucer.. a new ball ejects then you have to lock the balls again to release. Once release, capture the ball again then release via the jackpot newton ball.

Then there the last modes to get in and that's 'eep opp ork ah ah" and "jet screamer"

#310 1 year ago

Kids don't watch Boomerang. Most kids today are completely unaware of The Jetsons. They'd know the Flintstones - if anything because of Fruity/Cocoa Pebbles cereal. Cartoons on a kid's radar would be the current shows on Nickelodeon, Disney & Cartoon Network.

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Kids don't watch Boomerang. Most kids today are completely unaware of The Jetsons. They'd know the Flintstones - if anything because of Fruity/Cocoa Pebbles cereal. Cartoons on a kid's radar would be the current shows on Nickelodeon, Disney & Cartoon Network.

Mine watch Boomerang. They are on a Netfix kick right now, so guess what happening now? They just finished the first season on Pokémon and are into the second season. ~20 years old and they are jumping around playing it out. Fantasy cartoons are easy to be timeless.

Am I a buyer of this machine, probably not. However, It's great that it exists and I'm sure I will enjoy playing it in Texas.

#312 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The jetsons movie was on netflix recently. Kids watched it. Liked it.

They'd have no idea what a flintstones is. Other than a cereal character...MAYBE.

Kids are amazing with what they end up watching. TV appointment viewing is dead. Its all netflix, Amazon prime, hulu and whatever the cable box brings up when they ask it 'show me kids shows'...

#313 1 year ago

Super impressed that Spooky has finished another game, real accomplishment. They're making it look easy, and it's not.

#314 1 year ago

A pokemon themed pinball would put all other cartoon titles to shame.

Easy to think out "battles" and different modes right out of the bat.

That said I still believe this Jetsons machine will sell and earn accordingly. Because this is what they are designed to do. Earn money.

#315 1 year ago

Here are the stats of The Jetsons Facebook page. I'm sure you'd find 300 buyers just from that group..

pasted_image (resized).png

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Here are the stats of The Jetsons Facebook page. I'm sure you'd find 300 buyers just from that group..

No doubt.

Imagine if they had a full featured pin at that price point? Orders for Aerosmith would be yanked thats for sure....

#317 1 year ago

And Pokemon....

image (resized).png

#318 1 year ago

You got that right! My boys (19 and 22) are still into Pokemon. You'll have to check out the Pokemon table for visual pinball by JP, it's fantastic and a nice pinball fix.

To stay on topic, Jetsons is a fun cartoon theme and I hope the assets provided make for an entertaining gameplay. I'll be watching this one... Hope to see some video sequences from the shows and lots of sounds and voices.

Quoted from aerobert:

A pokemon themed pinball would put all other cartoon titles to shame.
Easy to think out "battles" and different modes right out of the bat.
That said I still believe this Jetsons machine will sell and earn accordingly. Because this is what they are designed to do. Earn money.

#319 1 year ago

For a video pinball game, that old Pokémon pinball for the Game Boy still holds up! And so does Metroid Pinball, for that matter.

Not Kirbys Pinball Land, though. Atrocious.

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Kids watch YouTube. They don't want cable like we did.

#321 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Super impressed that Spooky has finished another game, real accomplishment. They're making it look easy, and it's not.

They are right? Lost in the usual barrage of bullshit is the fact that once more, they announce and reveal an actual completed game that is ready for purchase without asking for money to actually produce the game.

It's impressive but nobody cares. They'd be better off with pie and the sky "innovation" and pre-orders, at least for initial response.

#322 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Noooooooo!

I'm also a Scooby buyer most likely, unless it ended up being bare bones like the Jetsons. My vision of Scooby pinball requires ramps and subways, hide-a-balls, a spinning bookcase, and such. They don't have to be overly complex, but you've got to have something along those lines. Modes should focus on capturing their various ghosts, black knight, miner 49er, captain cutler, etc.

#323 1 year ago

I just feel a kind of cognitive dissonance with the layout compared to all the technology/gadgets in the show (pneumatic tubes, conveyor belts, sliding doors, etc.). The artwork is great, but this just feels like such a missed opportunity with the license.

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

My boys (19 and 22) are still into Pokemon.

#325 1 year ago

Tie a Pokémon pin to Pokémon Go on your phone (like Dialed-In). If you complete certain missions on the pin you catch a rare Pokémon you would never get otherwise. This would have the Pokémon Go crowd dumping quarters into a pin and learning to play properly.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Noooooooo!

Ben is still shooting for The Bible. Even though he want's old testament stories that have no chance of IP infringement, he's getting push back from the Vatican because if his ties to science.

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from aerobert:

And Pokemon...

yea, but how many pokemon fans are in Japan? Not like they have space for a pinball in their tiny apartments.

#327 1 year ago

Charlie and the Spooky team, you guys Rock!!!

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's impressive but nobody cares.

What's with the self-congratulatory martyrdom? For every person saying "ugh" there's two people saying "cool!"

"Nobody", "you people", puh-leeeeze get off your high horses and stop scolding er'ybody

#329 1 year ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

What's with the self-congratulatory martyrdom? For every person saying "ugh" there's two people saying "cool!"
"Nobody", "you people", puh-leeeeze get off your high horses and stop scolding er'ybody

Are you new here?

#330 1 year ago

There's at least one lonely 40-something here who really into Pokemon, so shouldn't come as a surprise.

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They have a model. People will buy it or they won't.
They haven't had trouble selling their other games in limited numbers at these prices, so good luck to them.

Just so people understand, this game was not Charlie's idea. It was Nic's. Nic is the one who came to Charlie. All Charlie had to do was help with design and coding and build them, of course.

What other pinball manufacturer would be willing to this? None that I can think of. This fits Charlie's business model perfectly. I think he's the only one small enough and flexible enough to take something like this on. That, and he's the nicest guy in the world and about as easy to work with as they come.

#332 1 year ago

Late to the party but love the art AND layout. Spooky is always trying something different which I love. I want to play it.

Not sure why everyone wants hot wheels, figures, and bash toys. I have to laugh when reading the B66 thread with people swapping hot wheels for high end diecasts. Nothing's good enough for everybody.

Lots of room for mods if you're into that. I kind of wish they could have made the pop bumpers look like the space needle type buildings.

#333 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Just so people understand, this game was not Charlie's idea. It was Nic's. Nic is the one who came to Charlie. All Charlie had to do was help with design and coding and build them, of course.
What other pinball manufacturer would be willing to this? None that I can think of. This fits Charlie's business model perfectly. I think he's the only one small enough and flexible enough to take something like this on. That, and he's the nicest guy in the world and about as easy to work with as they come.

It appears the only other company willing and able to do this is Stern, and even then (PBR) is just a rebranding of a game they already produced. Spooky seems to have carved out a nice little niche here that is outside of the collector hobby so good for them. It's likely all parties will do just fine on Jetsons even if 0.0 of these machines end up in Pinsider homes. And for all the bitching I'm sure a few of them will trickle in to those anyway.

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Just so people understand, this game was not Charlie's idea. It was Nic's. Nic is the one who came to Charlie

I don't think a single person is upset at charlie, he's a saint. I would assume everyone understands who is driving this project.

#335 1 year ago

My next game isn't Bible Adventures or Scooby Doo.

But I am coding it personally.

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's likely all parties will do just fine on Jetsons even if 0.0 of these machines end up in Pinsider homes. And for all the bitching I'm sure a few of them will trickle in to those anyway.

Good logic. People are free to express their opinions, but I'm curious why people who came here, saw the photos, belittled it and gave their opinion, must keep coming back to pile on. I guess that's just what some on pinside do. I can name 5 people that used to be contributing members here that next to never come on pinside anymore. Only use it as a reference. It really is becoming as bad as RGP.

I wasn't interested in Dialed In. I commented in the thread about my likes and dislikes and guess what? I've never been in the thread again. So buy it - don't buy it, whatever. As its been said 100 times already, the game wasn't meant or designed for pinsiders. Was it announced here by TPC? Nope - it was announced on the companies Facebook page.

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't think a single person is upset at charlie, he's a saint. I would assume everyone understands who is driving this project.

I just wanted to make sure.

#338 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Remember where you are, how often does "everyone" apply to any statement?

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballer0415:

Yep. When my dad was purchasing the hobbit, I told him numerous times there are better deals out there and that sales tax in MO will be added as well. His response: "I don't care, I've dealt with Nic before and know that he will deliver and set up the machine for us and be there if there are any problems."
Like I said above, he makes it super easy for non-pinball people to have hassle free transactions. And his customer relationships are great.

Simply put.. retail vs wholesale.

The collector community buys all second hand and wholesale prices. You can't compare the 'take home' price of a Stern Pro through distribution to the price at retail. Completely different buying experiences, completely different audience, completely different expectations.

If you don't buy retail.. its full cold stop on this title. It's not aimed for you, and you won't be able to whine it into what you want.

What I find most intriguing is why TPC doesn't see Stern's offering fitting this need. Its way cheaper, it's theme still hits all the marks (Marvel appeals to both old and young), and at least aims for the right balance of complexity.

Is Spiderman..
Too complex to maintain?
Too complex of software?
Too 'boy' and not family?
Is it 'too cheaply made'?
Is there simply not enough margin in it for you?

I am curious how they pitch $6000 vs $3800 when they (today) sell both.

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What I find most intriguing is why TPC doesn't see Stern's offering fitting this need.

I guess they wanted a Jetsons game, which Stern doesn't have, and they wanted to/were able to deal with Spooky, who Stern isn't.

#341 1 year ago

Even though Spooky are simply contracting out their manufacturing line/labour for this pin, I'd like to think that as pinball aficionados, they will make a great pin. We're all fans first. For that reason, I give them the benefit of the doubt every time. These are folks that turned a passion into a six or seven figure operation. How many of us can say that?
Keep on keepin' on, Charlie, Kayte and the rest of the gang. Look forward to meeting you all one day.

-Winston.

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Couldn't agree more here, Bryan! While Charlie certainly has the contract manufacturing gig thing down for smaller players in the traditional pinball space, I know that Multimorphic is also taking the same approach for games designed by third parties for the P3 platform.

It'll be very very interesting to see how the business model plays out. I think its a net positive over all.

#343 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I don't think anyone would argue that this is smart business and no one holds anything against Charlie at all.

...but we're a bunch of hardcore pinball nerds. It's a new game reveal. We're going to judge it based on whether we want to buy it or not. There's nothing personal about that.

#344 1 year ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

For a video pinball game, that old Pokémon pinball for the Game Boy still holds up! And so does Metroid Pinball, for that matter.
Not Kirbys Pinball Land, though. Atrocious.

dang dude Kirbys Pinball was one of my fav gameboy games as a kid. I remember playing it on a long family vacation road trip from Nebraska to California. I would have these epic like 40-50 min games. It took well over an hour to have a game be worth enough to get on my high score board hah. I would get so pissed when I'd be that close then blow it, just like i am with real pinball now lol

#345 1 year ago
Quoted from ngoett:

How would you know how our high ends are? Have you bought one from us? Dont criticize the products we sell unless you have experience with buying one.

Quoted from ngoett:

How would you know how our high ends are? Have you bought one from us? Dont criticize the products we sell unless you have experience with buying one.

You may want to update the pics on your website as they are different than ones you just posted .... the restored fh on the site has reimport 3 slot coindoor and no cliffys and some other things differently . They look nice no doubt but the prices are much higher than hep versions . Also i have seen a few of your restored pins they are nice but id expect more for the price but hey if your selling them than that's all that matters. Congrats on Jetsons..

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well if the pinball company really sells pins for the prices on their website then they will sell this pin at 6k easy. I can't believe some of those prices as they are some of the highest ive ever seen. Then you have the so called super high end restored pins.... like a 13k funhouse thats not even as nice as the one i just got for a half of that price and 6500 Mustang pro . It makes a nib Jetsons pin look like a killer deal so .....

You didn't buy retail.

Retailers offer other services. Retailers have overhead. Retailers are for profit, not just selling to buy the next title. It's apples and oranges.

We all buy second hand and wholesale because we assume the risks. Retail customers and retailers themselves have different needs.

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from ngoett:

Beautiful AFM, FH & WH20 restorations, those pins belong in my house #wheresthedirt?

#348 1 year ago

Since they have the license, it would have been nice to have this as the "Entry level" machine and also have an "LE" Full Feature machine as well....

#349 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You didn't buy retail.
Retailers offer other services. Retailers have overhead. Retailers are for profit, not just selling to buy the next title. It's apples and oranges.
We all buy second hand and wholesale because we assume the risks. Retail customers and retailers themselves have different needs.

I know its just crazy and unbelievable .... more power to anyone that can get that much . Just surprised is all...good for them

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Beautiful restorations, those pins belong in my house #wheresthedirt?

Buy them up then....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 2.50
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Led
Geeteoh Electronics
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 19.99
There are 771 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside