Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 421.
#11051 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks for the heads up!
Everything is green except GME. Haha funny how they do everything is their power to bring the house down

I think I saw GME at 194 at some point yesterday. Do you think it is worth that much? I had a few short term options in GME pre-covid and read up on it quite a bit. It might be worth 20 bucks a share. The float was over 100% short then too. Stocktwits was always saying the super squeeze is happening any minute now. It eventually did, but took massive amounts of chatter on WSB to make it happen.

Somebody is going to be left holding some giant bags when it’s all said and done. If IV wasn’t insane some longer term puts would be winners at almost any strike price. This will settle way lower. YOLO longs will get crushed and the shorts will make an absolute killing, a complete reverse of when it was the talk of the planet.

#11052 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Anyone have any quick 20X return ideas so I can quit my job this afternoon? Lol

Bet it all on green!

#11053 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

LOL!

#11054 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I think I saw GME at 194 at some point yesterday. Do you think it is worth that much? I had a few short term options in GME pre-covid and read up on it quite a bit. It might be worth 20 bucks a share. The float was over 100% short then too. Stocktwits was always saying the super squeeze is happening any minute now. It eventually did, but took massive amounts of chatter on WSB to make it happen.
Somebody is going to be left holding some giant bags when it’s all said and done. If IV wasn’t insane some longer term puts would be winners at almost any strike price. This will settle way lower. YOLO longs will get crushed and the shorts will make an absolute killing, a complete reverse of when it was the talk of the planet.

Some puts would make a ton of sense, 100% right about that

#11055 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Are you still high on GNOG....I'm getting hammered on it. About the only thing bringing my portfolio down.

Hey @robertmee, GNOG is coming around nicely. With the warrant expiration and the market moving back in the right direction I am pretty happy with the movement. You?

#11056 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

A 3/12 call on gme at $300

#11057 3 years ago

GME is not BA. Flash in the pan as Warhol would say, there 15 min is almost up.

#11058 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I know this group isn't big on gme but many are predicting blast of tomorrow if you still want to get on.
The increase in call option volume today with expiration Friday is absolutely obscene.

I hope the best for everyone involved. Anyone who is actively following the hype is ultimately going to get their money eaten up if they are not astute enough at trading to know how and when to get in and out. I watch professional traders making bank from this action all the time, and that money comes from somewhere

#11059 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Hey robertmee, GNOG is coming around nicely. With the warrant expiration and the market moving back in the right direction I am pretty happy with the movement. You?

Yep....Almost in the green. It's a long term play as they expand and the economy opens back up, but nice to see it heading in the right direction for once.

#11060 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

been touting cannabis stocks on this thread for a long time
we are so early in this industry - but them and hold them

Will this play still work if most (if not all) of these stocks are not in the US?

#11061 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yep....Almost in the green. It's a long term play as they expand and the economy opens back up, but nice to see it heading in the right direction for once.

Same and agree. I have a pretty hefty tranche at 18.18 and a smaller tranche at 14.31. Not worried in the least.

#11062 3 years ago

SQ
PYPL
SE
PINS
SHOP
ADYEN

6 of my favorites in that world of fintech, e-commerce, digital ad and search

All in top 10 holdings of ARK fintech fwiw

#11063 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Bet it all on green!

Well, half of your wager on 0 and the other half on 00, If either one hits, it's a 17.5 to 1 gain but then with taxes you'll owe, you may have to buy groceries at Aldi's if you retire....

#11064 3 years ago

Was luck to get a bunch of Boeing when they bought out Rockwell Aerospace in '96 with a basis of about $50.00/share. A roller coaster ride for sure...

#11065 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Will this play still work if most (if not all) of these stocks are not in the US?

Good call out. At this point in time all the Canadian cannabis companies are overvalued relative to the US companies simply based on their financials vs market cap. Over the next few years the US stocks will far outperform their Canadian counterparts due to this discrepancy. If the U.S. companies are already out-executing the Canadian stocks without legalization and safe banking, imagine the potential when those shackles are lifted.

Hint: Colorado's Cannabis market alone is already as big as all of Canada, with a fraction the population. Extrapolate that across the other 49 states, and then consider that despite popular opinion the Canadian companies are not going to be able to expand into the US as people think, not only from a regulatory perspective but from an execution perspective as I mentioned.

#11066 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Good call out. At this point in time all the Canadian cannabis companies are overvalued relative to the US companies simply based on their financials vs market cap. Over the next few years the US stocks will far outperform their Canadian counterparts due to this discrepancy. If the U.S. companies are already out-executing the Canadian stocks without legalization and safe banking, imagine the potential when those shackles are lifted.
Hint: Colorado's Cannabis market alone is already as big as all of Canada, with a fraction the population. Extrapolate that across the other 49 states, and then consider that despite popular opinion the Canadian companies are not going to be able to expand into the US as people think, not only from a regulatory perspective but from an execution perspective as I mentioned.

I'll bite. What are USA cannabis stocks you like?
Thanks

#11067 3 years ago

Xec continues it's run. Uec up almost 6% today. Not many us uranium miners ready to go, and the govt has a plan to build a strategic reserve from us producers over the next 10 years. They should be back in production when the price crosses 45 a pound

#11068 3 years ago

FOUR is going to the moon!

Shift4 Payments Inc. shares were up 16% at $95.64 in late morning trading.

Bank of America Global Research double-upgraded the payment-processing solutions company to Buy from Underperform and raised its price objective to $94 from $72, calling the company a "coiled spring ready to release."

#11069 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thanks

^^^^^^^^^^

#11070 3 years ago

Thanks

US cannabis stocks are not on the major exchanges because of legality issues. The best you can do right now is MSOS or YOLO which are ETFs that will eventually have US holdings.

#11071 3 years ago

I got up at around 5am this morning to drain the dragon and I saw Roblox was at 83 and change! Too bad I couldn’t sell it at that moment!

#11072 3 years ago

Coupang is live!

#11073 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Is Reddit getting behind Roblox as well?

It looks like there is some buzz about it there.

Quoted from frisbez:

US cannabis stocks are not on the major exchanges because of legality issues. The best you can do right now is MSOS or YOLO which are ETFs that will eventually have US holdings.

Until it's legal on a federal/national level, we won't see any, right? That could be a decade from now.

#11074 3 years ago

Thanks

unless i am looking at these wrong, the majority of my cannabis holdings are USA stocks
CCHWF
CWBHF
GRWG
TCNNF
GTBIF
CURLF
CRLBF
JUSHF
IIPR

hold 2 Canadian companies
OGI
TRSSF

#11076 3 years ago

GRWG is us based - more of a infrastructure supplier with the ability to plan and setup growing facilities.

#11077 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:unless i am looking at these wrong, the majority of my cannabis holdings are USA stocks
CCHWF
CWBHF
GRWG
TCNNF
GTBIF
CURLF
CRLBF
JUSHF
IIPR
hold 2 Canadian companies
OGI
TRSSF

Thanks!

#11078 3 years ago

Just bought more SABR and starting out in LIT. We are riding the lightning!

#11079 3 years ago

Chased cpng...in at 52 to start position.

Bad oaken bad.

#11080 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Bad oaken bad.

Lol

#11081 3 years ago

according to a cannabis specific investing newsletter I subscribe to, TCNNF is a buy up to $64
I fortunately own it under $9

#11082 3 years ago

Bought more TDOC today

#11083 3 years ago

Pro tip:

Don’t have a trading app open on your phone in one hand when you also have a grabby toddler in your other hand.

(She also won’t let me solve a Rubik’s cube if it takes longer than about 30 seconds)

#11084 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Pro tip:
Don’t have a trading app open on your phone in one hand when you also have a grabby toddler in your other hand.
(She also won’t let me solve a Rubik’s cube if it takes longer than about 30 seconds)

Well at least you didn’t get it at $65

Maybe it shoots up on a chase. Certainly could.

#11085 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It looks like there is some buzz about it there.

Until it's legal on a federal/national level, we won't see any, right? That could be a decade from now.

Here's the deal... more and more states are making it legal from a medical and/or recreational standpoint. It's inevitable the federal government is going to have to relent at some point, and with a democratic house/senate/executive branch there is a near term 2 year window where there is a possibility of progress. Chuck Schumer is spearheading this effort and now that the covid relief bill is behind us, maybe some progress can be made. Progress on any one of these could bring huge results: more states, safe banking, uplifting on the major exchanges, and legalization would just be icing on the cake.

Some of these U.S. companies are already have S&P 500 sized revenue and market caps without the ability to use a bank, so you can imagine what hoops they have to jump through. It's a ludicrous situation that will inevitably be resolved. But even so, if no progress is made at the federal level, there's still substantial upside based on current trends... who knows... 50%, 100% over the next year? With full legalization 5x, 10x, even 20x is possible in some cases. It's interesting times.

#11086 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Bad oaken bad.

Hoping for the foreign markets to pick it up in the morning....So I can get the hell out!

IPO lesson learned: Check

#11087 3 years ago

Anybody have any input on SKLZ, actually using it?

It's popping up on every screen as a buy now, Motley again today, Ark funds the past few days, and Andres.

Motley Rule Breakers and Stock Advisor "buy now" stocks today were PINS, SHOP, SKLZ, TDOC, LMND and ZM

Never as trades, always LONG TERM

#11088 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Most of the Canadian players are already expanding into Europe and South America. Europe is expected to be a larger market than the US. Most of the big players in Canada are already expanding their footprint, meaning they are ahead of the US companies as far as expansion into Europe goes.

CGC has a deal to buy Acreage Holdings (largest grower in the US) once the US changes federal laws - decriminalization being the lowest threshold for the deal as I understand it. Furthermore, many of the Canadian companies have deals with beverage companies based in the US. And if you don’t think the Canadian companies aren’t eyeing and positioning themselves in the US market you will be proven wrong when US prohibition ends and the consolidation begins.

My favorite US players are:
CURLF
CRLBF
TCNNF
GRWG

My Canadian plays are:
CGC
APHA (being bought by TLRY in 2Q21)
HEXO
TLRY (but you can get a better deal accumulating APHA)

Edit - I am not a financial advisor and this is not financial advice - do your DD and invest at your own risk.

#11089 3 years ago

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4412090-coupang-korean-e-commerce-titan

This guy lays out in good detail the Coupang story and valuation estimates.

Base case is $35 per share.

#11090 3 years ago

Oh, and this came out today....

11:58a ET 3/11/2021 - Dow Jones
Group Backed By Cannabis Companies Plans Lobbying Push -- Market Talk
Mentioned: CGC
1158 ET - Steven Hawkins, head of a newly formed trade group called the US Cannabis Council, tells WSJ he expects federal legislation that likely would seek to "deschedule" marijuana, or remove it from the federal government's list of controlled substances, to be introduced at least by early April. Such a move would further open up the US cannabis market and members of the new group include publicly traded pot companies like Canopy Growth and Curaleaf. Hawkins adds the group has met with some 80 members of Congress and plans further lobbying efforts. A filibuster of a future decriminalization bill in the Senate could be an obstacle, he says. ([email protected]; @MicahMaidenberg)

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

March 11, 2021 11:58 ET (16:58 GMT)
Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

#11091 3 years ago

Apple pins Teladoc zoom and tattoed chef rounded out my buys earlier in the week. Would have liked to have snagged some Shopify a few days ago.

#11092 3 years ago

Bought some PUT options on FINV, $10 strike, for 1.37. It had a major spike today on just .26 share earnings. Think it's going to come back to earth by next week.

#11093 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

more and more states are making it legal from a medical and/or recreational standpoint.

Yeah except my backwards ass state . You can drink yourself into oblivion and drive until your 14th OWI but weed is illegal.

#11094 3 years ago

Blue balls again with GME

#11095 3 years ago

I've been very boringly just holding onto my positions the past two weeks.... that is all.

#11096 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hey I would buy it if it somehow went back to 40 by eom. Now is just straight up gambling.

#11097 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Paging @captainadam_21. Looks like he is trading GME, but have not seen him post today.

#11098 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Paging captainadam_21. Looks like he is trading GME, but have not seen him post today.

I am here. My balls are indeed blue. Diamond blue. Tomorrow is the big day.

#11099 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Most of the Canadian players are already expanding into Europe and South America. Europe is expected to be a larger market than the US. Most of the big players in Canada are already expanding their footprint, meaning they are ahead of the US companies as far as expansion into Europe goes.

Choosing a company largely comes down to trusting their execution and you can do that by looking at their track record.

For example CGC is trading at a 26x multiple while CURLF is trading at a 13x multiple, is closer to profitability, and announced Europe expansion this week. Do you keep throwing money at CGC and hope they can be profitable some day, or invest in a company that is not only executing better, but is cheaper? That's the state we are in today when comparing the major Canadian vs US companies.

#11100 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I am here. My balls are indeed blue. Diamond blue. Tomorrow is the big day.

That's the spirit! Mine are purple now...I sure hope you are right about tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,027 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.