kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kornfreak28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

395 posts in this topic match your search for posts by kornfreak28. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2949 4 years ago

Following!

9 months later
#6513 3 years ago

For those of you on robinhood, Do you have any idea why they won’t let us buy crypto’s with new deposits until “the money clears” in 3 days? That wasn’t the case last week. Seems like a great time to buy some Bitcoin

#6541 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well you don’t know who TF it is now do you?
Look at the cost basis. It’s a 33 yr female that has had gifts and saved well
She would never be on Pinside and ill
Be sure to tell her your opinion or KPGs. for advice!
No need to be jealous boys.
Yeah, after those gains, going NOWHERE. Lol

I appreciate your contributions and advise. Thanks Ice!

#6680 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another fresh all time high for PINS today.

Ice is back!!!!

#6742 3 years ago

Are you guys buying Petco IPO?

#6915 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Anyone else been long F? It's on a tear today up 11% after being dirt cheap sh!t on for years. It's one of the few stocks I keep buying even if I am negative. Hope they bring back the div soon.

Sorry, which stock is this again?

#7002 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Coinbase still owns the private key. That means if coinbase disappears tomorrow, so does access to your coin.

What’s the difference between this and just buying the stock?

#7011 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

To make sure it's clear (not sure from your wording), bitcoin isn't a stock, it's a currency. But your question is very relevant when compared to stocks.
If you bought stocks from E*Trade, and they go out of business tomorrow, how do you claim ownership of the stock if E*Trade is (was) the only one with record of it? The answer is two-fold... One is E*Trade is big, would probably be bailed out at least long enough so you can transfer your ownership out of it, and two, there are probably regulations around ensuring the ownership is properly registered in a timely manner with independent sources.
Since Crypto isn't regulated, you are relying on the exchange to stay in business to keep your registered ownership. If you look up mtGox and 40+ other crypto exchanges that went out of business you start to understand why others recommended you keep your registration in your own hands (the equivalent of having your stock broker send you certificates). However, day after day we see news releases of people who lost their crypto keys, and their millions of dollars, so relying on humans to track their own keys is also faulty.
IMO Coinbase feels pretty legit and mostly stable, is U.S. based, and is looking to IPO so the short term risk of leaving your crypto registration with Coinbase seems low. For longer term and if you have substantial value in crypto, the recommendation is to store your keys in your personal hardware wallet, because of the decentralized nature of crypto.

Thanks for the explanation as I’m sorts new to this. So about those “keys”....I trade on Robinhood and when I buy Bitcoin for example, I just buy the coins or stock and that’s it. I’ve never heard anything about owning keys? Apologies for my complete ignorance on the subject

#7026 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

No need to apologize. In a nutshell, when you buy Bitcoin an entry is made in the blockchain (think digital ledger) indicating that your wallet owns X amount of BTC. Associated with that wallet is a public / private key pair. You prove ownership of the wallet and associated BTC with the private key. That's what validates your ownership of the BTC you purchased.
When you keep it stored on an exchange, they have the private key which is linked to your account via your email address. If something happens to the exchange, your private key can be lost forever which in turn means your BTC is locked up forever.
Best practices is to purchase a hardware wallet, which is a device that holds your private keys. That way you control them and not someone else. However, there are reasons to keep crypto on an exchange. I have about 25-30% of mine on exchanges and the rest in a hardware wallet.

Perfectly explained. Thanks brother!

#7138 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I am actually glad. This Robinhood mentality has been out of check a while. Hope things normalize some. After I make money on AMC, of course.

#7151 3 years ago

Has the GME rollercoaster finally come to a stop?

#7356 3 years ago

How long will ACM run last?! Thinking of buying more! This shit is crazy!

#7362 3 years ago

Not sure if I should buy more or sell AMC at this point

#7383 3 years ago

are you guys holding amc or selling?

#7393 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Hold. I am trying to f8nd out where my purchases went in. Through some logs on the fire.

Should I buy more on the dip?

#7399 3 years ago

Anybody still riding gme? Holding or selling?

#7441 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

with all the GME AMC talk....
VIR is really slipping under the radar
UP 40% again today

Good one! THanks!!!!

#7442 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Keep holding AMC and GME! GME already headed back up!

How long are you riding GME? This shit is crazy!!!!!

#7445 3 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

I threw $500 at GME when it was at $45...Wishing I had put in 10x that now. Still holding...hoping for enough for a new Stern.

When you do say enough is enough?

#7460 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Expect a wall around $420.69 ... Remember who is fueling this.

Why @ 420.69 exactly tho?

#7466 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

420 is a number abreviation for weed for the stoners (don't know the history). 69 is a reference to mutual oral sex. $420.69 was the original target price before it jumped to $1000. It's a funny number to Millienals and Z.

LOL THanks!

#7469 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

This just popped up in my TD account, anyone know what this is yet?
[quoted image]

Does that mean you can't sell your GME?

#7475 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The limit order I put in is still there and doesn't indicate anything. I guess I'll call and find out what it means. I'm using a cash account, not margin, so they better not do anything to my ability to buy or sell.
This isn't the pattern day trade warning (which I have gotten).

Let us know!

#7478 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When will the social media police step up and ban all these Reddit millennials from discussing stocks! SEC? They have have no idea what to do with these guys.
I think it's F ing hilarious. Wall Street elites are getting their asses handed to them. Score one HUGE WIN for the little guys!

What are your thoughts on AMC and GME? Are they going to keep climbing?

#7526 3 years ago

Please someone post the link to this interview

#7542 3 years ago

Thanks for the link for that interview!

Does this mean we won’t be able to sell our stocks either?

38F0A226-3E17-4D55-90EC-AEC4EC73681B (resized).jpeg38F0A226-3E17-4D55-90EC-AEC4EC73681B (resized).jpeg
#7545 3 years ago

Could someone tell me what this means exactly?

A7BD86D8-79D7-4C5D-8CC3-78708EADFEC7 (resized).jpegA7BD86D8-79D7-4C5D-8CC3-78708EADFEC7 (resized).jpeg
#7547 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

just means if you own shares you cannot borrow on margin with those shares.

Thanks brother!

#7551 3 years ago

PLTR going crazy! Thanks guys!

#7569 3 years ago

So is AMC still a buy at this price?

Dunno but I just bought more!

#7587 3 years ago

Any idea where NIO is headed? Starting to get worried

#7603 3 years ago
Quoted from Rivv:

Jumped off GME and onto AMC and now I'm playing Roblox waiting for RBLX.

I can't wait for Roblox!

#7613 3 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

When is RBLX IPO?

I think I read somewhere the IPO was coming early next month

#7680 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Wallstreetbets is up (just set to private). In there now. Could be showing as wallstreetbetsnew. Stocktweets is also good.

^^^^^^

#7681 3 years ago

I tried the new site and it still tells me it's private

#7683 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Were you a member of WSB?

Yes, I got an account 3 days ago

#7691 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

WSB will be back tomorrow...they are scrubbing the thousands of bot accounts out that the shorts used to try and sway the market today. All those NOK and AMC posts were the shorts trying to get people off GME shares. Now the shorts are passing shares back and forth to get the price back down and try to scare people into dumping.
But these CNBC hacks want to say reddit posters are manipulating???? Give me a break.

Does this mean AMC is coming back down to earth? AMC was a really pleasant surprise this morning

#7694 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

WSB is back up.
[quoted image]

Not sure why but I felt such a relief!

#7717 3 years ago

What's up with NAKD? Is it going hot?

#7726 3 years ago

Got this message on my Robinhood account. I click on it and the page does not exist. Are they trying to manipulate the average investor like myself?

FD1F013D-1BCF-4133-B4C3-9B322A6DE1A3 (resized).jpegFD1F013D-1BCF-4133-B4C3-9B322A6DE1A3 (resized).jpeg
#7744 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Once I double on a gamble, I sell half
Still waiting to hear what the next Apple, Microsoft, amazon, google, tesla...etc is? I've got funds waiting for that 30 year lock.

Quoted from Zablon:

Of course, tomorrow morning when it is hammered again you may not be able to sell...

What would trigger this? Market overload or manipulation?

#7752 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Be very cautious about others saying things like "the next GME" or "Reddit's next target". These are both false narratives being pushed by shorts right now to try and take attention away from their GME problem. The issue with GME right now is a "once in a lifetime" thing, although the VW squeeze in 2008 was only a little over a decade ago. And reddit users don't "go after" anything. It is a discussion forum, and there is no coordinated attack on anything. It is all out in the open. There have been some pretty darn good DD's posted on there by some very intelligent people, so read up and make your own decision. Calling them a bunch of "gambling kids" is disingenuous at best.

At what point would you jump ship?

#7757 3 years ago

You have to base that on your comfort level - since the rise is based on nothing but a pumping scheme there is no solid financial data that is going to tell you when to sell.
Basically you are asking, When do I walk away from the Crap Table - when you won or lost enough

Supposedly this thing could really blow up tomorrow. This is crazy!

#7758 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

There are a lot of 1/29 calls that are ITM and settle tomorrow. I am staying put for now.

I’m with you.....What would be a good indicator for you to jump ship though?

#7766 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Sooo, my robinhood account says I can close my positions in AMC and GameStop but I Can’t buy more with a caution sign????

What?! I was ready to dump more into AMC! Fuckers!

#7785 3 years ago

Now Robinhood restricted NAKD as well! WTF!

8309C3EB-A87C-4ABC-9AC5-BA7A0CE57D15 (resized).png8309C3EB-A87C-4ABC-9AC5-BA7A0CE57D15 (resized).png
#7791 3 years ago

Are they restricting GME and AMC to prompt us to sell? Looks that way

#7809 3 years ago

Is it time to sell amc?

#7821 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Sad Robinhood has taken this stance. I am glad I do not trade with Robinhood. Got out weeks ago.

Who do you trade with? I’m GTFO!

#7861 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

AMC is issuing 44 million new shares.

Sorry I keep asking the same question but does this mean it’s time to get out?

#7866 3 years ago

It means there will be more shares on the market to trade
With normal stocks, the new share issue is usually below the market price and bring the stock price down with it.

And with people not allowed to buy shares

#7892 3 years ago

I sold amc a bit of profit

#7909 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

On GME, don't fall for the ladder shorts. These guys are borrowing shares and selling them back and forth at a loss to drop the price and to get people to sell. Retail selling off isn't doing this. The squeeze hasn't happened yet.

THanks!

#7959 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Absolutely, why I don't recommend it. But worse case, I'll just be in the position of holding until normal increases resume. The $6 to $8 range it's fluctuating in is the sweet spot. Once it trends out of that, it's no longer a play.

Who do you trade with?

#7977 3 years ago

Has anybody used cash app to buy stocks? A work associate just bought more amc there but I’m not sure how reliable it is

#7996 3 years ago

I just bought AMC again on Cash app. Worked perfectly! Don't wanna be left out in case this thing rockets like a mofo!

#8005 3 years ago

Sorry guys but I have to vent. I'm a new investor, started 2 months ago. Bought some long term stocks (NIO, TESLA and APPLE) which have been doing relatively well for me. I have some speculation stocks as well which had me really exited up until this morning when everything went to shit. I'm so fucking pissed at how Robinhood fucked a lot of people today by not allowing us to buy more stocks and restricting our free will. Those fuckers even erased the stocks from the platform altogether! What happened today is as corrupt as it gets. Total fucking manipulation of the system to help the big corporations and fuck the little guy. How is this even possible is beyond me. A lot of my friends lost a lot of money today, their entire savings to be exact. Fuck Robinhood, I'm GTFO! Sorry guys

#8017 3 years ago

That sucks ... but investing your life savings on any 1 security is nuts, especially something like GME & AMC
It was obvious this was not going to end well for many

I understand not doing well because the market moved or whatever but NOT because the trade platforms restricted shit to help big corporations

#8020 3 years ago

The fuckers just put the stocks back if your search for them

#8022 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

This makes you really realize what the balance of power lies in this country. At the risk of sharing too much, I am not the 1%, but probably in the 1.75%. I have an invested amount in the market that is nothing to sneeze at for a regular guy. These hedge funds steamroll people that have millions to many millions of dollars in the market because they have billions and can change the rules on a whim. I have always known the game is rigged against even people with my level of resources but I knew this was the best game going. Go along to get along, right? Even though I walked away up, it cost me 6 figures of profit. Glad I did not already order my lambo, right? I am ok because I knew the risks and did not expose myself to unwarranted risks. I do not feel bad for me because a gain is a gain. Who I feel bad for are the people that gambled their paychecks and savings in a game that got rigged even more after they started. For me, it is a missed opportunity. For them, it can have devastating consequences. Fuck these tech billionaires and hedge fund managers who treat people under them as not even pawns. I hope there is a reckoning and they get bent.

Well said! Do you think Robinhood and the other platforms could get sued for this?

#8035 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think the wild upswings are over (GME, AMC, NOK). I wouldn't play them now. As is, I only played a little.
01/25/21 10:28AM EST
Buy 100 AMC Executed @ $4.569
01/27/21 09:15AM EST
Sell 100 AMC Executed @ $22.26
Not bad for a couple days and $457 bucks. AMC just bought me a Stern topper.

GME to the moon tomorrow!

#8085 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Lawsuit already filed in federal court
.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theblaze.com/amp/class-action-lawsuit-robinhood-gamestop-2650170369

Would this be on behalf of everyone affected?

#8191 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So can people now buy AMC again b/c if so, I might get back in

Yes, I opened a cash app account and bought at $9

#8233 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

No minimum required. You can log on right now and open an account without a cent. It is super easy to link an account to transfer $ into the account as well. Just did it for my daughter. Took about 4 days for the cash to settle to start trading.[quoted image]

How much do they charge per trade?

#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I have spent most of the day trying to figure out the angles on AMC right now and the answer is there are none. There is not enough short interest to make it hold now, and the price got too far depressed. You still have the Silverlake backstop in the 13s, but that could have already been sold for all we know. You have to figure it will get halted a few times tomorrow based upon people rushing in which disrupts momentum upwards. You might can trade around the edges, but I don’t think you are going to get a big enough run to do damage. With them changing the game today, it broke my thesis. I still am concerned about them issuing new stocks to cover their 17% note from last weekend, and this might be as good as any time since the stock is high. That would make thr shares drop. I am going to sleep on this and see if I can come up with any answers. Anybody else got any thoughts?
I should just stick to selling software, posting gifs, and drinking bourbon.

Thanks for the heads up

#8254 3 years ago

RH restrictions are now lifted. How convenient

#8255 3 years ago

I bought some Doge crypto a few hours ago....Wowza!!!!!!

#8259 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Yeah, that's the WSBs crypto push right now. Crypto has lots of pump and dumps in the shitcoins, they rarely last longer than a day or two, I'd take your profits early. I tried to day trade those pump and dumps a couple years ago and often got caught holding the bag. I ended up just moving all my crypto into BTC and leaving it... boy was that the right move. NOK and NAKD have felt alot like those crypto pump and dumps, a couple people buy alot of something really cheap, build hype on it for a week or two, move the price up enough, then they bail and the price plummets back down. I don't follow penny stocks, but I'm sure it's the same sorta thing that happens in the lesser known crypto coins. Just be careful, it's usually over in a flash.

Ya, I’ve bought cryptos several times. I make a quick profit and bail

#8280 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Sold most of my AMC pre for a healthy return. Kept a few hundred shares for the ride. Bought more AAPL while its on sale. Will buy more on dips today, same with PINS. Good luck to everyone today, should be fun to watch.

I tried selling my amc on RH and it tells me the order will process when market opens. Your order went through already?

#8284 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Just saw this post... you’ve got to be joking me. The short interest is still over 100%?!? These Hedge Funds are really screwed if GME calls finish ITM today.
[quoted image]

Would that be at market open?

#8292 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

It depends on what the offering looks like. This was not a healthy company prior to Covid and was around 7 bucks/ share. It all depends on how much they raise/dilute. I am not a fan of AMC long currently, but that is just me.

Thanks for the heads up! Unless I see an astronomical rise by market open, I’m jumping ship.

#8296 3 years ago

So if you own shares in GME you can’t buy anymore but if you don’t own any they’ll let you buy up to 5 shares? Is that correct?

#8300 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Correct. Before yesterday it was 140% so even after all the BS they pulled yesterday they only got it down 20%

Ok so at what time do all this calls expire? Is there a specific time of the day we should watch out for?

#8304 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

End of market today for the original toxic ones.

Thanks!

#8328 3 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I bought 2 shares of GME for $330. I was following since around $60 and thought it was too high then... It may go to zero but I want to be a part of the pain for the hedge funds!

Or make you lots of money

#8347 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I jumped in for 3 shares of GME on the dip. Guess we'll see where this goes

Awesome!!!!

#8364 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Reddit stocks pretty much flat since opening bell. The rest of the market in red though. Volume on AMC has picked up a little.

Nobody can buy. Sucks

#8379 3 years ago

Today is the big day. That's why all the chants of hold are happening. If gme owners don't sell today the hedge fund shorters are going to be in a world of hurt.
Diamond hands

I’m not selling. To me, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to cash in big. Going all the way! Diamond hands!

#8408 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm curious to see how many people hold GME into next week. If things get crazy in the last hour of the market, will there be a massive sell off? Or is the mission so big that people will stay on this ride?

Same. If we sell during after hours will the order go through or get on the queue for Monday?

#8418 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's because of the limits on buys and apparently RH is up to something now too. No one is buying no one is selling (mostly)

Will share prices still skyrocket as predicted if things remain as they are now?

#8435 3 years ago

^^^
This is why you see prices go down without in increase in volume

Where do you guys updated info on this?

#8437 3 years ago

AMC holders, are you still holding, sold or will sell?

#8457 3 years ago

Someone please help me understand this. So GME (and AMC) is currently dipping big time. I honestly thought today was the day it was going up. So as long as we hold you guys are saying there still aren’t enough available shares to cover their short positions. Does this mean the price can still skyrocket Monday or Tuesday? So confused!

#8459 3 years ago

There were a bunch of people saying that they jumped to Fidelity too.

I can’t move until this circus is over. I got shares tied up in RH. Nothing I can do atm

#8462 3 years ago

Thanks brother! I have a HUGE headache from days of sleep depravation, malnutrition and stress over GME and AMC. On my way to the gym to blow off some steam! Will I still be looking at the stock, pinside and WSB while I work out? Yep!

#8463 3 years ago

I think the people that did it just opened new accounts with Fidelity and did an ACH so they could buy more.

How long does it take to get you approved with them?

#8498 3 years ago

Did we make it??

#8499 3 years ago

What are the prices to avoid?

#8545 3 years ago

I dropped my iPhone and the screen broke! Any movement on gme and amc?

#8546 3 years ago

Also, does anybody know how to set up RH on a laptop?

#8599 3 years ago

Looking to open a new account in a different platform to buy more GME on Monday. Is Fidelity also limiting buying GME and AMC? Any other platforms that are not liming buying stocks?

#8606 3 years ago

Btw....Where's Ice?!

#8624 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

He isn’t going to touch this subject with a 40’ pole. For one, it’s beneath what he does. Quite literally. This is pure speculation and wild gambling on others’ due diligence.
For another, his professional role would make getting in this mud a huge liability and risk, given the wild ass and volatile nature of this play. He discusses his DD and what he likes here. No need to mix this molatov cocktail into it all.
Nobody is here to give financial advice in any way, shape, or form.

I know Ice will never get into this mess. I only asked because he is usually here to guide us on other "normal" stocks and things going on in the market and yes I know nobody here is giving financial advise. Thanks!

#8631 3 years ago

I just tried opening an account on Fidelity. It asked me 3 questions to verify my identity. One was a previous vehicle I sold years ago. The other was about a corporation and a previous address. I’ve never been a part of any corporations and the stupid address they listed, I’ve never heard about it before. They declined my request! Stupid algorithms

#8669 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

That is how I did it. I do not know a lot about Crypto. My girlfriend's son has been in it for a few years and adds to it weekly.
I finally decided I need to get into it. Only $3000 so far. Buying on dips.
Still learning a lot about crypto. I figured I would learn while I invest. Not betting the farm on it but do not want to miss out on something growing like it is.
If you decide to do the coinbase I can PM you a link and we each get $10 for the referral.
The setup was very easy.

Dogecoin to the moon!!!!

#8675 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Tomorrow...
[quoted image]

The rollercoaster ride will be exciting as hell!

#8677 3 years ago

2nd Fidelity attempt. Now it’s asking me this. I just want a regular account to trade stocks.

0B981CCA-1CCE-4F11-A1A9-5EB001BE7DED (resized).jpeg0B981CCA-1CCE-4F11-A1A9-5EB001BE7DED (resized).jpeg
#8682 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Fidelity needs to know where you want your transfer capitol to be deposited into. It is similar to opening a bank account and they ask if you want your money in a savings account or a checking account. It is just a holding spot for your money while you decide what stock to invest in.

Quoted from robertmee:

Thats just the money market fund that your cash is held in. Just pick one.

What’s the difference between the first 2? Both do the same

#8685 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Simply 2 different mutual funds. same as 2 different stocks. Really does not mater which one you choose. You can move your money into any mutual fund you want when the account is funded.

Thanks!

#8687 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I use the first option on Fidelity (SPAXX). That's where your cash comes into from your bank, then you buy stocks from it. When you sell stocks, the money goes back in there. You can earn a little interest on it if you have a bunch of cash sitting there for a few weeks.

Thanks!

#8694 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I don't understand the silver squeeze. My partner is a metalsmith/jeweler, she says almost all the silver that's used in the world today and for the past 20 years is recycled, there isn't neither a bigger demand or supply. Jewelers usually buy a bunch up when it drops under $10 and switch to working with other metals when it goes over $20. Can anyone clue me in?

378637EE-620F-4174-9ADC-DAC9D4050BB6 (resized).jpeg378637EE-620F-4174-9ADC-DAC9D4050BB6 (resized).jpeg
#8747 3 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

One is backed by government issued securities, the other is backed by Treasury issued securities.
The returns can differ. There's also a difference in liquidity of the holdings.
Not to sound like an ass, but the explanation of why it's asking you is right below the image you posted. Did you read it? Because if you're not bothering to read this stuff it's only a matter of time before your'e in over your head and getting hurt on trades you don't fully understand.

Quoted from investingdad:

One is backed by government issued securities, the other is backed by Treasury issued securities.
The returns can differ. There's also a difference in liquidity of the holdings.
Not to sound like an ass, but the explanation of why it's asking you is right below the image you posted. Did you read it? Because if you're not bothering to read this stuff it's only a matter of time before your'e in over your head and getting hurt on trades you don't fully understand.

First of all, I wasn’t going to post this but you did sound like an ass judging me without knowing in what situation I was in at that moment.

I’ve been trying to get into Fidelity all weekend long. I want to buy more GME and AMC, that’s my decision and I fully understand the consequences. Fidelity kept asking me stupid questions to verify my identity. I would answer them correctly and they kept shutting me down!

When I posted that picture, that was because Fidelity had FINALLY accepted my answers to those questions. I was not at home and I was in a hurry and needed to pick one of those options quickly because the page was going to time out.

I needed to make a quick decision on which one to pick because I had already tried so many times and it had finally accepted my application and the page was going to time out!

So NO I didn’t have time at that exact moment to dive deep and read what each of those 3 options offered. I posted in hopes of getting a quick answer because I know you guys are very smart (including you) and know your stuff.

Yes I’m a rookie at this, I’m just a beginner. I’m sorry sir but there’s no need for you to bust my balls or make me look like an idiot that was too lazy to read what those 3 options meant because that wasn’t the case at all.

To make a long story short, the damn page refreshed and my application was gone. I Kept trying without Success. I have now read what those 3 options are but Fidelity still won’t work for me.

All of this happened because I was in such a hurry to open up another account that lets me buy the stocks I want. Any other day I would have taken my time and research what those 3 options offered. Sorry again.

#8750 3 years ago

Are they diamond balls though?

They are! Holding strong!

#8845 3 years ago

Is this even possible? GME at 226% short interest?

E9923102-DE4C-4C7B-B188-94F14568D6DA (resized).jpegE9923102-DE4C-4C7B-B188-94F14568D6DA (resized).jpeg
#8852 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

SNDL has been on fire, been on since early Jan since we knew dems were going in the whitehouse, worked out well so far

I got SNDL last month as well. Finally starting to pick up!

#8907 3 years ago

GME halted again!

#8909 3 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

So...do we still like the Stonk? My wife’s boyfriend is asking.

We like the Stonk!

#9012 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

WSB kinda screwed up their focus... diverting attention from the short squeeze on GME and AMC to the next stock, and the next stock, and the next stock, and then silver was too much too fast, and the hedge funds were able to escape. These retail investors don't have endless cash to spread it so thin, which means participating in the "the next big thing" required capital to be pulled from GME and AMC. Thing about silver is too many institutions own it... can get the price bumped a little but not for long.

No, Robinhood made it all happen by limiting the stock

#9013 3 years ago

Clearly, the battle is over. The hedge funds escaped. Why are so many people still "holding the line" for? Am I missing something here?

#9017 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I think the squeeze would have worked without intervention from the brokers.
It was pretty much weak sauce!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR2kCf9hvhjSx5jbc6NiZooO6ZpfTZLTXyBAOlMx6ZUqtIDvT0MV1vUJwkg&v=w4anTIL57mE&feature=youtu.be

#9165 3 years ago

now almost a double - plenty of good stocks out there outside of the reddit picks

I’m done with the reddit stocks. I came out of it dead even. Thankfully I had taken a profit the first time I sold AMC and that cushioned the blow. Big lesson learned. Now motivated to keep hunting. Any other suggestions?

#9172 3 years ago

Anybody investing in space stocks?

#9205 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Bailed on PINS in after hours - only had 150 shares, but plan to buy more during a drop.

IF there's a drop that is

#9217 3 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

My weed stock is doing well.

#9278 3 years ago

Any downsides to switching to TD from RH?

#9287 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Edit
I need reading lessons!!

#9487 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Probably no change in price over the time span?
For those that like the Canadian cannabis companies, you should check out ACB and HEXO. Both had reverse splits during the last year. So although stocks like OGI and APHA are doing well, ACB and HEXO are still very low given their pre-split prices. HEXO did a 1:4 reverse split so really it's pre-split price right now is only around $2.75, ACB 1:12 so it is pre-split at $1.60.

What about SNDL?

#9489 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

PSTH
Haven't sold since $22ish in August and still not selling

What's on the horizon for PSTH? Been wanting to join the party but not sure If I'm too late already?

#9492 3 years ago

I'm done with the meme stocks. I was late to the party on gme and nakd. It's going to take me months to crawl out of the hole they put me in. Unless gme has a miracle comeback soon

Wasn't aware SNDL was a meme stock....

#9495 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

It's not. It was mentioned on reddit but it has fundamentals behind it. If they get market share into the US, watch out. Ive made 10% on it in two weeks.

Thanks!

#9508 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Speaking from experience, tie ups with IBM rarely impact the bottom line in material ways. Glad the stock bounced, but not seeing this having significant long term impacts.

I’m just glad it bounced back yesterday. Got out even. Will sit this one out for now. Thanks!

#9509 3 years ago

UTZ has been a quiet winner.
Not a flashy tech stock or meme stock, but up 50% since Nov. - not bad for potato chips

Thanks for the suggestion

#9564 3 years ago

6+ straight days of huge gains ..... profit taking?

#9571 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

This cracked me up
[quoted image]

LOL! That hit the spot

#9586 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Anyone taking profit on SNDL? Bumping my $3 sell order.

Are u staying?

#9589 3 years ago

Can you sell stock after hours? Never done it before. Market or limit?

#9591 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Depends on your broker. I use TD Ameritrade, and I can sell Limit orders until 8:00pm. Just be aware, Volume typically tanks after hours, so it's not always easiest to sell limits as trades have more effect on price volatility. You end up chasing your limit if not careful. That's if it's dropping of course. If it's increasing, then no issues.

I use robinhood (just opened an account with TD but need to do the actual transfer) I was thinking of doing a stop limit order just in case.

#9598 3 years ago

I just tried a limit order on a bullshit stock I had. The damn thing sold instantly! I set it so if it hit 13 to sell (Had it at 13.67) just to practice and it sold! Unless I’m doing something wrong?

#9604 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I think he was trying to set a Stop Limit and accidentally selected Limit.

I was trying to prevent losses by selling the stock if it hit 13 bucks after hours. It was at 13.67 and I used limit and Yes, After going back I messed up (another rookie mistake) and used Limit.

So which one do I use next time?

C0B99AC8-7DBC-42C8-84F3-105EEA6E51D4 (resized).jpegC0B99AC8-7DBC-42C8-84F3-105EEA6E51D4 (resized).jpeg
#9614 3 years ago

Rookie question: Why do some stocks keep moving even after "after-hours" trading is over? Are other markets in other countries trading and moving the stocks? I just noticed this with OGI. It was over 7 when the bell rang, then it dipped to 6.50.

#9622 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

MBRX getting some attention. Its depressed from its IPO at $40 (some reverse splits), currently trading around $5, but is getting price targets of $18 to $30. It has several trials in the pipeline and has partnered with mayo. Might be worth a small play, but as always, do your DD and this is not financial advice.

Thanks!

#9676 3 years ago

Anybody in on CTRM? I got the tip from this thread. Doing pretty good so far, up 95% Thanks!

#9678 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Funny how everyone brags about their profits, but never seem to hear about losses. Everyone can't be making money on every trade
Sitting on a bunch of XOM at $69

I got out of SNDL with a nice profit. Sitting on OGI still with a small profit. Hoping for a bounce. I broke even on GME and AMC. Currently down on ZYNE. As soon as I posted about CTRM it went down 15%

#9688 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:Very true, but I don't sell losses. I only have 3/23 holdings that are down and even at cost basis they only represent 3% of my total value in all stocks (they're worth 1.5% right now, unfortunately). My worst is NVCN. I got a tip from a friend a couple years ago and bought 54,000 shares (for about $1900, ha). It went up almost 18% in one day and I sold for a little $350 profit and bragged to my friend. My friend said "oh no, don't sell yet, it is going up way more". I rebought what I had and it has only tanked since and is now worth $106. Did I mention the friend is a super-attractive woman? I leave it there as a reminder to be happy to take my profits where I can and not get greedy. Now if I'd gotten greedy on Tesla, I could have made $180,000 instead of the $20,000 I did, but that's how things go sometimes.

Keep talking about the super-attractive woman please

#9690 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Yeah, pics or it didn't happen!

Yes! One pic will do! It would help us focus a little better on the stock market

#9692 3 years ago

On a bit of positive news, I was able to open a Fidelity account today!

#9698 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I taking a bloodbath on Pfizer.

Same on my pot stocks

#9826 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Everything I've been reading on Spac's, looks like a dump on announcement. Unless I missed something, get ready... Most likely Tuesday with PSTH.

What’s going on Tuesday?

#9919 3 years ago

Anybody in on FUTU? Nice gains today!

#9936 3 years ago

Etrade wont let me buy it for some reason.

Switch to Robinhood

#9942 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Officially and finally got everything transferred OUT of Robinhood today and shut the account down.

I’m in the process.

#9949 3 years ago

So is PLTR safe to buy now?

#9951 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Lockup over at end of week. Many of us waiting until that shakes out.

Oh, I thought it expired yesterday. Thanks!

#10212 3 years ago

I know cryptos aren’t allowed here but I thought this was funny as shit!

E67F90BF-CBCA-48BE-9592-620B252427CA (resized).jpegE67F90BF-CBCA-48BE-9592-620B252427CA (resized).jpeg
#10216 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Why are you still using Robinhood?
That’s the real joke here.

I got fidelity now! I have long term stock at RH and need to do the transfer. Soon, very soon

#10217 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

just like stocks crypto go up and down. its already recovered a bit.

I meant all of them look exactly the same. The charts

#10220 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“There is no such thing as the right strategy for everyone, the key is finding the right strategy based on your own needs.
However, the point is that short-term volatility should not be feared but even embraced. If you have a long-term horizon of 3-5 years, and you have the cash to buy on dips, short-term declines in high-quality stocks are actually buying opportunities to maximize your gains going forward.
Investing For The Long Term
Think about that for a second. The numbers show that even the best possible investing strategy, one that makes spectacular returns in the long term, would have massive drawdowns from time to time, and it can significantly underperform the market in some years.
Unless you are willing to tolerate the ups and downs and stick with your strategy over the long term, then you can't expect to achieve attractive returns in the market. Patience is not only a virtue but even a necessity when it comes to investing.”
I know, it’s a tough pill to swallow because instant gratification feels so good!
You make emotional decisions out of fear or greed and you are guaranteed to fail.

This is so true! By the way, What's considered a bear market and what would be the difference between it and a temporary dip in the market?

#10376 3 years ago

This GME thing is crazy! Why the big jump?

#10383 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Meme stocks all going nuts after hours. GME, AMC, NOK, BB, SNDL.

I guess I know why you kept one GME share

#10595 3 years ago

What is this 4/20 wave all about?

#10598 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

cannabis culture slang for marijuana and hashish consumption, especially smoking around the time 4:20 p.m., and also refers to cannabis-oriented celebrations that take place annually on April 20

I was not aware of that. Thanks!

#10637 3 years ago

I know!

#10655 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Either Powell mentions operation twist in a couple hours and the high growth stocks that have dropped lately surge, or he doesn't and they fall off a cliff. Place your bets?

I sure hope it’s operation twist (whatever that is) my NIO and TESLA are down too much

#10670 3 years ago

So what did that Powell guy say? I’m assuming more negative news? Everything is down!

#10674 3 years ago

Time to average down I guess

#10688 3 years ago

always have a list and a buy under price
my best buys are always when everyone else is running for the exits

The question for me is: When do you sell these best buys? At what point do you jump ship? Sell half, ride the other half?

#10752 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:This is the next uranium play I'm watching - waiting for a down day to pick some up
URC

Have you considered UUUU or DNN?

#10756 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

DNN has floundered since 2008. So many of these mining companies seem to be just hanging on to pay salaries of their admin and have little hope of success.
My father was investing (or what I would call gambling) in dozens of these mining companies including DNN up until his death in 2008, and none of them hit it big. I am left managing what was left of those stocks in my mom's account she inherited, and just about every year there is one that went defunct and I put it in her taxes as a loss based on the stock price the day my father died.

Wow! Thanks for sharing that info!

#10765 3 years ago

#10766 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

URC is a different way to play the miners - they are a royalty streaming company that makes financial deals for royalties ad cost/pound of material out the door. Important thing about uranium is that the US mines are pretty much shut down, which means the plants have to source from overseas. Govt passed a provision to build a stock pile of US mined uranium over the next 10 years so we don't get screwed like so many things during covid. This guarantees a ramp up of some US mines - best way I found to play is royalties and URNM which is a basket ETF of miners.
Oh by the way, the global supply of Uranium has finally cut through all the excess supply and once the plants figure this out, it will be a race to get material contracts going which will drive up price. 10 year bear market is about to be over (at least I'm betting from the price movement already).

I appreciate the information!

#10769 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man I’ve skimmed through these posts after this week of volatility. Not even sure how to comment other than I already have many times before.
Buy and hold great companies. Buy more when they go on sale.
The energy barbell trade? EPD, PXD and OIH
Take a look at that 5 yr chart of OIH and tell me what you think?
I do NOT think the reality of what’s coming on Oil prices has caught up. Do you?
Apple? Yes. PINS? Yes. DOCU? Yes. SHOP? Yes. And so many others.
TTD? I sold it partially with massive gains at $650. Long term? Yep
We got our 10% correction.
The 10yr interest rate rise is way overblown for growth cuts.
Do you really think people, Robin Hood investors, will be happy with a 1.55% yield on the 10 yr? It’s a joke!
Yes. I’m buying the 10% plus dip for the Long Term
Still maintain largest position in Apple and buying with new money

That 5yr chart does look interesting! Thanks!

#10810 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:Any thoughts on the RBLX IPO on Wednesday? As I was watching 4 of my 5 kids play Roblox last night, I decided to see if it was a publicly traded company...and yep, IPO in 3 days. Same thing happened to me with Petco and that hasn't turned out well, yet. Regardless, I plan to buy RBLX; I'm just not sure how much and when is the best time to get in.

I was planning on doing a quick swing trade on Roblox as, from what’ve seen, most IPO’s starting going south after a week or so. Might consider Roblox for the long term but I would first have to see how it does after the IPO hype

#10816 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Roblox has like 30-40 million users per day dude. I wouldn't compare it to Blizzard. Blizzard makes AAA games. Roblox is a massive online community with a large group of creators that get paid for making content. Your son is 14 so at the older range of their demo. I'd say somewhere between 6 and 13 is the Roblox main demographic.
Direct offering on the 10th.

I did not know it was a direct offering. Thanks! Both my daughters, 6 and 5 are Hooked on Roblox! They even created accounts for me and my wife so we all play as a family lol

#10842 3 years ago

I’m really liking MAC and SABR. Thanks Iceman and DBLM!

#10877 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:I think not as much stimulus will hit the market now that they changed the income limits dramatically. 12 million less adults, all likely in the income bracket that would have put it into the market.

1000% agree

#10904 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another way to profit on a big position, like i did this past month, to help mitigate any short term drawdowns is sell COVERED CALLS against your LONG TERM positions.
I sold 360 March 26 90 calls on PINS that will expire worthless to the buyer and you pocket some nice rent.
I could also close out that position today for 93% of the "rent payment" and do it again at a lower strike price.

Very interested in this. What would’ve happened if PINS went over 90? Would you lose money or shares at that point?

#10906 3 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

The calls would be exercised. Meaning Ice would sell his shares at $90 a piece regardless of how high the actual price of the shares is. The only downside for him is if the price jumped way above $90 he would lose the upside gain.

What would be the “upside gain” in this case?

#10920 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The buyer of the calls would have the opportunity to buy my shares from me at $90 per share before March 26th. They paid me $3.59 per share for the privilege of that opportunity. Thus their breakeven was $93.59.
I collected 360 calls x 100 shares or 36,000 x $3.59 = $129,240. The value of PINS has dropped much more since then but it provided some hedge, and i get to do it over and over again.
Had PINS gone to $100 per share before March 26th then i lose on the difference between $90 and $100.
However, had it gotten close i might have purchased MORE shares, so as to NOT cause cap gains to trigger and then select LIFO on the my cost basis method.
Essentially, you can't lose on covered calls, just some potential upside opportunity cost. 85%-90% of calls expire worthless.

What if the buyer would opt to not exercise the option and just sell the contract? Any negative effects on your end?

When you say “I would lose on the difference between 90 and 100” Do you mean you would lose 10 bucks per contract? Like 10 bucks taken out of your account per contract?

#10929 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I know talked about this some yesterday but I am planning on buying some RBLX when the public offering starts tomorrow. I'm not going crazy, but am planning on putting about $6k into it. Any advice based on past experience from those more knowledgeable than me? Avoid companies this early? Buy ASAP? Buy in a couple days or weeks? Thanks. I'm a big boy and any advice that I take that turns bad is my fault, not yours.

I’m right with you. Planning on a 5-6K scoop. I think the hype will be insane tomorrow

#10935 3 years ago

SABR! GO! GO! GO!!!!!!

#10938 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can't lose in that scenario. You keep your premium collected. You just lose potential upside.

Sorry for beating a dead horse, I just want to make sure I get this. I read somewhere that if price really goes past the strike price, in order for you to get out of the contract you need to buy it back at a more expensive price (difference between strike and whatever the current price is). Is this true? If so, isn’t that considered a downside? You said earlier you can’t lose with covered calls, hence my question

#10942 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's put it like this. If PINS goes up to $93 a share by March 26th, not gonna happen, but if it did, they can have my shares . That means it went from $67.50 to $93. I'll be happy either way!
I'll buy it back. They don't get the premium i collected.

Wow! Sounds like there really isn’t anything to lose by selling covered calls! Will put my effort into learning this important And potentially lucrative part of the trade. Thanks!

#10958 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow! Sounds like there really isn’t anything to lose by selling covered calls! Will put my effort into learning this important And potentially lucrative part of the trade. Thanks!

Quoted from pinballjah:

If this was the case, none of us would be working for a living lol!
You buy stock A for $10 and write $10 covered call for $1 premium. Stock goes to $100. You make $1.
You buy stock A for $10 and write $10 covered call for $1 premium. Stock goes to $5. You make $1 but lose $5 on the stock.
You can lose with covered calls.

In this example, the 5 dollar loss is on the stock itself correct? If so, What’s the loss on the actual covered call?

#10978 3 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Anybody buying RBLX today?
With how much money I've spent on my 8 year old playing it, would be nice to get some of that back

I just placed my limit order

#10985 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I bought the dip with, Ice! Not at your levels of course, but did buy a couple hundred K worth of stocks. Some of it is still under, but that is ok. Love opportunities like what the past week has presented.

I wish I could be in your and Ice’s buying level at some point

#10990 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Just keep working at it, brother! Mine did not happen overnight. Best advice I can give you is learn about the markets (what your are doing) and make strategic, calculated investments. Some will boom, some will bust. But keep doing it and keep learning.

Quoted from iceman44:

It's all relative Korn, power of compounding brother! Adopt a plan and stick to it.
Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Everybody does, including Warren Buffet.
You develop conviction and confidence by doing the due diligence for the long run.
"Be quick to sell your losers and let your winners run"

Thanks guys! I’ve learned so much thanks to your contributions! I’ve made some good money thanks to this thread, that’s for sure....not talking about GME btw

#10994 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Best two posters in this thread. Everything else is static.

I would also include BMore-Pinball and robertmee in that list

#10995 3 years ago

Korn, we'll have huge buying power soon. Gme will take us there!

This is our shot!

#10996 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I am waiting to see when it opens. I have a limit order in for a small position but I imagine by the time retail investors can get in there, it is going to be much higher than the $45/share projection.

Waiting anxiously, nothing yet

#11000 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I would add pinnyheadhead and loneacer as people I respect their opinions as well.

Yes! Very true!

#11001 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Looks like it is going to open $65-$70 bucks. I am not personally investing in this and admittedly, do not follow it outside of DD, but think you can buy it cheaper later.

Wow! They said 45 bucks, guess there will be too much buying volume

#11003 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I put a limit order on RBLX at $50 for just 20 shares. A little bite. I am expecting to buy about $5000 more of it but want to see how things go for a few days to a week first.

I put one order for 65 shares at 75 hoping to catch it. My plan is to day trade this sucker then get back in later when price drops

#11007 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

WTF just happened....GME lost 140 points and AMC 2 points in less than 5 minutes. Many other stocks simultaneously tanking.

Are you back on AMC?

#11013 3 years ago

What the hell is going on with Roblox! It never opened

#11014 3 years ago

Roblox is on!

#11019 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I got 40 shares at 64.50. I could sell right now for a $350 profit but I'll probably just hold onto it and buy more if it drops.

I got 70 shares at $64.82 hopefully it doubles in price by the end of AH

#11024 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I put in an order for 50 more shares at $60. I am sort of doubtful it will get there today, but we'll see.

You are probably right. Volume is not what I thought it would be for a day trade. Still up. We’ll see!

#11045 3 years ago
Quoted from lookyloo:

iceman44 you called attention to Coupang some time ago. They're being listed today on NYSE with the ticker CPNG. Largest S Korean ecommerce market share and expanding into online groceries. IPO priced 33-ish... although it's likely to open for trade higher. Anyone getting in on that? I'm likely to nibble.

Thanks for the heads up!

Everything is green except GME. Haha funny how they do everything is their power to bring the house down

#11053 3 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Anyone have any quick 20X return ideas so I can quit my job this afternoon? Lol

LOL!

#11054 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I think I saw GME at 194 at some point yesterday. Do you think it is worth that much? I had a few short term options in GME pre-covid and read up on it quite a bit. It might be worth 20 bucks a share. The float was over 100% short then too. Stocktwits was always saying the super squeeze is happening any minute now. It eventually did, but took massive amounts of chatter on WSB to make it happen.
Somebody is going to be left holding some giant bags when it’s all said and done. If IV wasn’t insane some longer term puts would be winners at almost any strike price. This will settle way lower. YOLO longs will get crushed and the shorts will make an absolute killing, a complete reverse of when it was the talk of the planet.

Some puts would make a ton of sense, 100% right about that

#11060 3 years ago

been touting cannabis stocks on this thread for a long time
we are so early in this industry - but them and hold them

Will this play still work if most (if not all) of these stocks are not in the US?

#11069 3 years ago

I'll bite. What are USA cannabis stocks you like?
Thanks

^^^^^^^^^^

#11071 3 years ago

I got up at around 5am this morning to drain the dragon and I saw Roblox was at 83 and change! Too bad I couldn’t sell it at that moment!

#11072 3 years ago

Coupang is live!

#11077 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:unless i am looking at these wrong, the majority of my cannabis holdings are USA stocks
CCHWF
CWBHF
GRWG
TCNNF
GTBIF
CURLF
CRLBF
JUSHF
IIPR
hold 2 Canadian companies
OGI
TRSSF

Thanks!

#11086 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Chased cpng...in at 52 to start position.
Bad oaken bad.

Hoping for the foreign markets to pick it up in the morning....So I can get the hell out!

IPO lesson learned: Check

#11094 3 years ago

Blue balls again with GME

#11100 3 years ago

I am here. My balls are indeed blue. Diamond blue. Tomorrow is the big day.

That's the spirit! Mine are purple now...I sure hope you are right about tomorrow.

#11103 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Keep an eye on interest rates - market could take another sh!t if they get much higher.

More buying opportunities! Bring it on!

#11113 3 years ago

I guess the market is going to shit tomorrow with this fire huh? I’ll sell everything pre-market!

A8E8762F-40C4-4015-BE5E-C735649417D6 (resized).jpegA8E8762F-40C4-4015-BE5E-C735649417D6 (resized).jpeg

#11150 3 years ago

I bought 10 NOK contracts 4/26 Exp $5 strike

#11184 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

and whether their CEO is boinking the secretary

So true! LOL

#11200 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Really 3 categories:
investing - Buy and hold long term
trading - buy and hold for a target exit price short term
day trading - in and out in one day

I do:

60% Buy and hold
30% Short term
10% Day trade....It's just fun as hell!

These numbers could change as I get more experience.

I'm also taking trade options classes. Really like the idea of mixing trade options into the mix. I successfully defended a position I took the other day with a put option and it worked perfectly!

#11239 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The media is going to have to start catching up with the reality Concrete. Hope you are doing well btw brother!
Reopenings and vaccines ramping up full speed, with the exception of a few clueless lockdown states left
Opportunity still exists to beat the herd
MGM is a great example. Did anyone think Vegas would stay locked down? How about go to 100% in a few months?
Airlines are packed. Biggest volume of travel this weekend by far and increasing weekly

What other opportunity stocks do you recommend besides the gambling sector? I already have plenty of MAC.

#11248 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

MAC working today. Time for reopen reality liftoff. Yep.

Hell yeah brother!!!! My investment (not gamble ) is paying off! But again: When Do you take profits on this one? How much can MAC grow?

You posted an article saying 50-75 bucks but is that realistic?

#11252 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Patience. No I’m hoping for $30-$35 which I believe is fair value
I’m out of all of these barbell stocks over next 6 - 9 months
Long term? Buy more Apple now, PINS, SHOP etc etc

Seems like a great strategy. Thank you for that Ice. I keep adding Apple every chance I get. Are the gambling stocks part of your barbell approach? Thinking of jumping in to MGM and DKNG

#11274 3 years ago

#11275 3 years ago

...Sorry

#11390 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

7,500 or so shares

I want to be like you someday....

#11391 3 years ago

For those with lots of experience here, will the Dow or the S&P do better when things start going back to normal?

I got investments in a couple of Funds that invest in the Dow and the S&P respectively and wanted to move my money to the Fund that’s going to do better when things go back to normal.

#11393 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Hey KornFreak28, you are doing fine. It's like Ice said the other day, the power of compounding is real. Just keep doing what you are doing and learn. You will be just fine.
Plus, I want to be like Ice when I grow up!

Thanks for the encouraging words brother!

#11417 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I think it is going higher and have my money where my mouth is with 7,500 or so shares. I am personally looking 20-22. Considering Saber runs all of the booking systems for everything, they are going to be an early beneficiary of the reopening trade. Wish I found it sooner and bought even more when I started buying at 11.

How high do you think GNOG will go? Ballpark....

#11418 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Boy did I call that...back down to 2.80's pre-market.

Do you think it will go back up? Are you still in? Thinking of getting some

#11456 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So if you want to trade do it with an IRA of course to avoid the tax man
I’m not sure how long it’s been with Apple now. Maybe 7 or 8 yrs of buy and hold and buy more on dips but there is no way I would have made the load I have by trading it.
It’s impossible to time the markets consistently, all the research and data point to that fact. Don’t take my word for it
I get why it’s fun to try day in and day out though. I would do it with a very small part of my Roth or trad Ira
My point is pick clear opportunities like this time last year to buy in and buy more. You buy when others are fearful and there is blood in the streets. These opps don’t come around often
And then I say DON’T trim your winners!
Having patience is not fun but that’s what it takes

Ice if you had to pick one which one would it be? PINS, OIH or MGM? Apple?

#11462 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh boy. Apple is solid as it gets. Pins in growth phase. Love em both
MGM is reopening and sports gambling trade. It should pop again this summer
OIH has been tanking like all energy. Why? Today it’s because Biden called Putin a killer and might flood the market to hurt the Permian.
Plus, rate rise causes a strengthening in the dollar and causes oil to sell off.
As my old friend and oil and gas law professor who passed last year always said, there are just so many variables out of our control when it comes to predicting oil prices it’s next to impossible.
He became a law professor because oil went to $10 a barrel in the 80s when everyone thought it was going to $200. Multi multi millionaires became broke and flipping burgers overnight. Remember the S&L crisis?
I’m gonna follow Tom Lee on OIH but it’s the def of a trade for me

Thanks brother!

#11485 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Time to have a little fun at my expense. Based upon some recommendations here, I signed up for my own Seeking Alpha account, which is like $240 bucks a year (well worth it). I have had access to the info in the past, and decided to sign up for my own. They start you on a free 14 day trial, and then it bills after that. Evidently, I signed up for the Pro account, which is not $240. I was able to get it changed, but this was not fun to wake up to this morning.
[quoted image]

At least there was no tax on it

#11531 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I played my first round of High Tide right, buying in a couple months ago and then selling at close the day before the earnings announcement. Then I bought back in near it's next low. Amazing actually, since trying to time the market usually never works well for me.

I bought HITIF as well. Nice bump today. How high can this stock really go? Do you think a couple dollars is possible?

#11533 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Anything is possible. I personally believe that if it gets pumped it will easily surpass $2. At issue is that it only trades on Canada exchange or through OTC. The company has applied for Nasdaq...if that is approved I do expect a nice run like SNDL had...up to $2 to $3 before a pullback and settle at $1.5.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/article/4414487-high-tide-strong-growth-suggests-undervaluation

I sure hope so! How do you feel about HCMC?

#11536 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Still holding 500k shares. Its a long term play dependent upon the PM lawsuit. When it spiked a month ago I sold 500k shares and made 3x my investment, so I'm on free money at this point. Just going to let it ride.

I got 200K shares. Imagine HCMC hitting 1 or 2 bucks in a few years?!

***I don’t know shit about stocks and this is not financial advise***

#11547 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

So glad I sold at .65 on Friday...

Isn’t The Nasdaq application good news though? Why are you so glad you sold?

#11549 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

HITIF up another 5+% today, still liking it as my pot stock choice.

I’m buying more

#11553 3 years ago

Sarcastic. Meaning I missed out on another 5 cents plus might have to re enter higher in case I miss out on real action.
Thought I was smart taking my 8 cents profit lol

#11554 3 years ago

I bought GNOG today. LFG!

#11566 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

powell and yellen to give congressional testimony today and tommorow related to pandemic reponse and economic security act. first in about 30 mins, 12PMET tuesday. also 10AMET wednesday.
https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/2021-march.htm
https://financialservices.house.gov/calendar/eventsingle.aspx?EventID=407279

I’m so tired of these clowns

#11568 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

any time these clowns open their mouths
is a potential waterfall moment.

Exactly

#11575 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I wish I had bought more HITIF when you did. I set up a buy if the price dropped a few cents, but of course, it's continued to go up. At this point, I feel like it's not going back down until either after 4/20 or it maybe doesn't get added to the Nasdaq.

I really don’t think it’s too late for you to buy more! I got 2K more shares today. LFG!

#11576 3 years ago

It’s been a quiet past 2 days in this thread! DBLM and BMore-Pinball where ya at!?

#11581 3 years ago

Just been reading, haven't had much to post about

I hear ya brother! Thanks!

#11605 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Energy is on a roll today, both oil and uranium

Which ones are your investing in?

#11608 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

He will. The Mob went after him on the Deeproot thread - but it's happened before. His advice on this site far exceeds the Mob on any given day.

Damn! Must have been pretty bad! I wonder what he said in that Deeproot thread....

#11612 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I didn't read the whole thread or context but just looked at his comments. Looks like he got a 14 day boot, so maybe he deactivated as part of that? Don't know. He will be back.

I’ll have to find that thread and read those comments. Yeah, Ice will be back!

#11614 3 years ago

Buckle up! The clowns are testifying again!

#11617 3 years ago

KMI
PXJ
AROC
EPD
Are a few I own, but you have to do you own due diligence to see if they are a currently a buy at these levels
I own and hold them mostly for the dividends

Thanks brother! I’m looking at EPD

#11632 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

This has been painful. I have 300 shares at 95. Will average down here at some point.

GNOG has been painful to watch as well brother....

I’m sure it will bounce soon though!

#11642 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Good for my covered calls I made at $20. Easiest $1K I ever made. Now let's get GNOG back up so I can do it again

I’m going to start selling calls here pretty soon. Been learning the options side of the house. Looks like selling covered calls is a win no matter what happens!

#11648 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Sometimes to ensure what happens in vegas stays in vegas, you should deactivate all social media before going to vegas...

Yeeeep! I LOVE Vegas! I try to go every summer to play in the WSOP!

#11651 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

How you holding up as of late? Still keeping the faith?

Wow! I hadn’t looked at PSTH in a while

#11662 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

That weird moment when you are sitting there with a bunch of free cash, looking at a sea of red, and have no idea what will jump up tomorrow.

You are the king of holding cash! Wish I had your patience....

#11672 3 years ago

So what’s tomorrow bring??

“Futures open lower in anticipation of Powell and Yellen’s third day of hearings”

#11673 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I have dug out my Ouija board and have cracked open a Boss Hog III to commune with our spirit animal for guidance. Will let you know what he tells me.
[quoted image]

Could you also check on Ice’s whereabouts?

#11702 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Oh, sorry, I thought we were talking about cruise line companies and your stock was Carnival Cruise Lines.
One thing about this thread, it sure jumps around from stock sector to stock sector and so much of it is high risk.
There are a lot of big name lower risk stocks that have buying opportunities that could yield 15 to 100% within a year or two that don't get talked about on this thread because everyone is trying to make 3 times their investment on every trade within a year.

Care to post a few?

#11705 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I posted NWL over a year ago. That is too late now as it went up quite a bit. Nobody responded when I mentioned it.
If the market was not so inflated already and unsteady I would say CIEN but right now I am not buying anything.

I wasn’t here a year ago. Feel free to post your picks brother!

#11714 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

I view Leveraged etfs like I do naked options.
Don’t.

May I ask why?

#11721 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:Here's Matt's opinion on things for what it's worth:
Lot of gyrations right now due to the push/pull of reopening, being one year in a pandemic, administration change, inflation concerns, and the specter of taxes. I think the big thing is to just breathe and have a plan. If you are swing trading, I got nothing for you, but if you are looking 9 months to a year or more, get your plan of where you want to be. I have reopening plays, gambling plays, pure tech plays, and AI plays that I am invested in. I bought when we had the dip a few weeks ago because that was the plan I formulated. Since that time, we have gone side ways or down on a fair amount of it but I do not care one iota. Why? Because I am sticking to my plan. I have added more, averaged down, etc and I am good because nothing has changed on my plan. Could I have gotten cheaper? Sure. But I have confidence and conviction in the plan I laid out and executed. That brings me back to my point about breathing. When you have days like we have had here recently, I don't get excited. Not excited about today either. My advice: formulate your plan, execute it, and just be. If things go completely haywire you can revisit it, but in the meantime, look at this volatility for what it is: a gift.
We are rounding the corner on the pandemic and at some point this summer, we will be over the hump. I personally think the economy is going to rock for a bit afterwards due to pent up demand. For how long? Who knows.
Taxes have me concerned, but I am not expecting any big moves at this point. The reason being is that the margins in the Senate and House are too close to ramrod this in, and even conservative Democrats are signaling caution. Make not mistake, there will be changes but I do not think it will be as sweeping as the some liberals would like you to believe. Also, I don't believe for a second that people with incomes under 400K are going to be impacted. They will. From people that I talk to, you could see everybody's taxes raised, but lower income folks mitigated with credits, etc. This could all change with the midterm elections, but that is out of the window of what I am looking at.
Anyway, have fun making and losing money!

I’m slowly but surely switching to a long term plan. I have learned a lot by making mistakes when I day trade and making mistakes is good! Only way to really learn! Thanks for your input brother!

#11725 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

You are doing great, Korn! We all have a tendency of out thinking ourselves when we look at a shorter timeframe. I know I did with how I handled AMC. I had a big 6 figure win that I blew. Still made money, but really blew the opp. This shifted my focus once again from this crazy swing trade bullshit to what I have been doing for 20 years. Refocused on my fundamentals of creating a plan, researching, and executing. Much happier now.

Thanks! Yes, I still remember AMC.....boy, was that a fun ride or what!? I also blew big money I could’ve made that day. Still made money but blew a huge opportunity right there. Now I know the drill, Sell in the morning and buy back when it dips

#11751 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Not beating you up at all but what was your time horizon on this? If you were swing trading of course you were going to lose money as the whole market slid. PLTR has always been about the future growth of the company, which every analysis in the world talks about. I am not a blind Cathie Woods adherent like so many people on this board is but the reason she has been buying millions of shares is about the future growth. I picked my reentry point around 25-26, bought a couple thousand shares, and am fine with it. We are back up to 23 in the pre-market now. With the federal budgets being passed, money is beginning to flow for government procurements across the board, with a ramp all the way to Sept 30 (end of the government fiscal year). FWIW, 28 is no where near the top on PLTR. Some poor bastardized bought in the 40’s without knowing what they were doing.

Any Thoughts on GNOG please?

#11759 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

For all those thinking about the rotation from growth to value - energy (oil and uranium) are on a tear again today. I know I sound like a broken record.

No you don’t. I’m taking trade options courses and the instructor has been talking about the miners making a comeback in a big way for a while. Uranium, Silver and Gold. UUUU, DNN and HL are some that are looking good based on technical analysis.

#11760 3 years ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I did start back a position in Suncor today. Old faithful. My safe harbor stock, I know people around here like other oil stocks, but this one makes more sense to me.

Suncor is your baby! I was surprised to got into GME yesterday. Glad it worked out for ya!

#11769 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Sold $1700 covered calls again today. Figure ill make some $ while it trades sideways.

Nice!!! I’m getting there....

#11773 3 years ago

I know nobody will even look at this post but I recommend ROOT for those of you that like short plays with lots of short squeeze potential.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
395 posts in this topic match your search for posts by kornfreak28. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kornfreak28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=kornfreak28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.