kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider athenspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3436 4 years ago

Speaking of oil, thoughts on oil tanker stocks? I’ve been doing some research and found four that I think will do well. Plan is to buy and hold for 1 year then sell. Anyone else looking into these?

2 weeks later
#3835 3 years ago

I put some $ into a total of 7 different oil tanker stocks most of which have good quarterly dividend payouts, and have done pretty well so far. I added to those positions this morning and think they will be good holds for at least 1 quarter maybe 2. Seems like land storage for oil is filling up and these tankers will be sitting in the ocean acting like oil storage units for a bit.

#3871 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just don’t understand Tesla. I watched it go from 525 to 420 up to now 860 in about a month or so. Wow.

Disruptive innovation

1 month later
#4255 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Regarding the self storage business, I have always thought that people here in the US have way too much stuff, myself included. I agree with you that storage places have been a good investment, too. Do you know what I have noticed recently at a couple of places where I store stuff? A lot of red locks on the units right alongside another lock, effectively locking those units until the renters pay up. Never noticed so many at one time before now.

When money is tight the storage bill isn’t first on the list to get paid. Mortgages, rent, car payments always come first. Around the holidays more people get behind as well, November generally sees more people late than any other month. Right now a lot of people are late, but allowing customers to catch up rather than auction is the way to go. At the end of the day people were prioritizing the important stuff and paying rent on excess garage contents is on the back burner.

3 months later
#4963 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Market blows! Apple is lowest I've seen it at $110. Anyone dumping or holding?

I picked up a little bit more Apple and Microsoft today.

#4966 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Market blows! Apple is lowest I've seen it at $110. Anyone dumping or holding?

What I personally do is buy the stocks I like on down days a little at a time, when a pullback or crash happens I go clearance shopping and really load the boat!!! It’s nice to see the stocks you hold up in value, but it’s fantastic to see those same stocks you like at discount prices!

#4973 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

WKHS up another 10%. up to $26.06. Not sure when this is going to crash back to earth, but I'm enjoying the ride so far. I bought at $5.92, but didnt buy enough!!

Nice!!! I bought in at $15/ share and am pretty pleased thus far!

#4974 3 years ago

I’m looking to build out a portfolio with some strong companies that pay good quarterly dividends that aren’t in danger of being cut. I have some decent ones including Apple, Qualcomm, IBM, and Corning glass. Any recommendations that don’t focus on tech? I’m trying to diversify.

#4990 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

KeyBanc upgrades yesterday
That includes new Overweight ratings for the new ad titans, Facebook (FB, +0.3% postmarket) and Google (GOOG +0.4%, GOOGL +0.4%). Snap (SNAP, up +0.2% after hours) and The Trade Desk (TTD, +1.8%) also come in for Overweight ratings, as do Pinterest (PINS, +0.9% postmarket), IAC/InterActiveCorp (IAC, +1%) and Match Group (MTCH, +0.7%).

Do you still see plenty of upside for someone opening a position in PINS?

#4992 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes. $34 seems to be the support level right now
I tend to take a 3-5 yr outlook on companies I like and buy more on dips.
It’s well positioned for the “new normal”
You have to factor in the election risk
That’s why I like companies that should win either way
If it’s Biden along with Dem controlled House and Senate I’m factoring in a 30% market decline

Good insight, thanks!

#5016 3 years ago

I added a little bit to my SE position, got into that one later than most around here. I also opened a small position in BABA. I’m pretty interested in WORK, I think it has a lot of potential long term. At this point I’m interested in solid long term prospects and am paying close attention to this thread.

#5059 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Pretty sure I'm cashing out of WKHS soon. I'm a small time investor, so 6x profit on my small position, 1000 shares, is a nice cash infusion to reinvest on the coming dip.

6X, that’s awesome!! As of this afternoon my position with WKHS 2X. Hopefully they can sustain this run. I don’t want to completely cash out but I’d definitely like to take some profits and play with house money!

3 weeks later
#5334 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:I'll be back after the election fellas. Wanted to give you an update below.
PINS got a re-recommendation from Motley Fool Stock Advisor yesterday and Blast Off.
Another Analyst reiterated target of $54. Gotta own this for the next 3-5 yrs to let the story play out. Monetization of the MAU's and global growth.
They are doing MUCH better on monetizing users and growing globally. SHOPIFY has tied all of its shops into Pinterest. I'll go there to buy now.
btw, if you haven't actually used Pinterest it's a great site for everybody, not just women. I just bought a rowing machine through there. Travel, sports, etc. etc.
TTD and SE hit new highs.
See you soon!

Thanks for all the great insight! Following this thread has helped my portfolio dramatically!

3 weeks later
#5531 3 years ago

A little off topic but Tesla Tequila just became available on the Tesla website, limit 2 per person. I believe it’s going to be a short run, I picked up a bottle to put on the shelf! I have enough Tesla stock to justify the bottle, just missing the car.

#5537 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Already sold out!

I knew I should’ve bought two.

#5578 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Anyone sticking with RKT and PLTR?

I have small positions in both, I think both of these stocks have a lot of long term potential so unless something drastic happens I’ll be holding long term. I rarely sell positions, I’ve seen the most gains buying into good companies and holding and adding shares on significant dips.

#5610 3 years ago

Picked up a little LMT yesterday while it’s on a dip for a long term hold, pays a little dividend as well.

#5652 3 years ago

Did a bit of shopping, added to my beyond meat position while it’s beat down, added some more Calloway, and opened a position in Teladoc.

#5661 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Sell Tesla now that it spiked after hours or hold on?

I have a cost basis of 158 per share with no plans of selling a single share. This company could still be in its infancy with all the other possibilities. Autonomous driving, robo taxis, energy, possibly hvac, etc. Still scaling at an exponential rate!

#5690 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I did! Up 45% today!
Anybody else load up on pfizer and get there bonus shares of Viatris this morning?
I love waking up to free stock.

As a long term holder of Pfizer it is a nice surprise!

#5705 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Adding to my TDOC position for the LONG-TERM. Had a bigger position in LVGO before the acquisition. Already a multi-bagger.
Looking to add to PYPL again. A stock to own for the next decade, along with V, MA and SQ.

My wife got an email last year pre “pandemic” that Teladoc was covered under our family plan. No co pay no waiting in a doctors office half the day, quick and efficient! Big fan of Teladoc.

#5717 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Our company insurance has had it for free since last November as well. I won't ever use it though. A doctor visit needs diagnostics and compassion that you can't get through a video chat. You need your vitals checked and often a blood draw or an x-ray. Honestly I'd choose WebMD or a google search before I'd use Teledoc. Can a doctor through Teledoc prescribe medicine? That would be the only benefit I could see in order to save a trip to your local physician just for a renewal of maintenance meds.
I live in a small town and can get in to see my physician pretty much any time with no wait. The waiting room rarely has more than 3 or 4 people in it and it's only about 3 miles from my house.

Teladoc is clutch for things like sinus infections, bronchitis, basic things. Yes they can prescribe antibiotics to your local pharmacy. It may not be ideal for everyone but for my families situation it works well for basic stuff. My wife and I both work full time jobs and have 2 young children, it’s easier for us to make a call than deal with going in person. I’d say real medical issues that need real attention need in person attention for sure though.

#5718 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Our company insurance has had it for free since last November as well. I won't ever use it though. A doctor visit needs diagnostics and compassion that you can't get through a video chat. You need your vitals checked and often a blood draw or an x-ray. Honestly I'd choose WebMD or a google search before I'd use Teledoc. Can a doctor through Teledoc prescribe medicine? That would be the only benefit I could see in order to save a trip to your local physician just for a renewal of maintenance meds.
I live in a small town and can get in to see my physician pretty much any time with no wait. The waiting room rarely has more than 3 or 4 people in it and it's only about 3 miles from my house.

As far as renewal and maintenance meds I’m not sure.

#5724 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I had to go last week because it had been a year since my last appointment and they wouldn't renew my prescriptions without seeing me again. I felt great, blood pressure and everything checked out. On the way out, the doc said "why don't you stop off and get blood drawn on your way out", so I did. They called and left a message a couple hours later saying I had high something or other and need to cut down on sugar and take fish oil. A Teledoc appointment would have completely missed that and maybe led to significant issues down the road.

A very good point! Makes me wonder about future opportunities with health monitoring devices. How long until a wearable device monitors vitals, blood and what not and alerts you when you have a problem or are low on something.

#5736 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Anybody else invested in pot stocks?
They have been my best performers this year
GRWG up 680% since April!

Nice! I’m yet to invest in pot but have been researching some. The MJ etf looks interesting and Planet 13 is on my radar.

#5757 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

ARK etf buys on 11/17. fwiw
Today Ark Invest:
Bought:
$U, $45.6M
$TDOC, $45.2M
$SHOP, $17.4M
$DOCU, $7M
$FSLY, $6.8M
$NTDOY, $5.1M
$TSLA, $4.5M

Any thoughts on Dropbox? They seem to be in a strong financial position with some similarities to Docusign and the stock price is below $20

#5761 3 years ago

I believe they have a rule about weighting, 1 single stock can’t represent anymore than 10% of the specific etf. I’ve seen them sell off a bunch of a stock, specifically Tesla, from time to time right before a surge.

#5768 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like their Smart Workplace but I use Wealthbox primarily
They aren’t brought up much because of “slow growth” by comparison
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4389844-smart-workspace-gives-dropbox-sprawling-potential

I’ll have to wait for a good buying opportunity in docusign. Dropbox has been getting all kinds of attention from youtubers I wonder if it will get some momentum behind it.

#5769 3 years ago

My top 10 sits at
1. Tesla
2. Facebook
3. Amazon
4. Apple
5. Square
6. Microsoft
7. Qualcomm
8. Sea Limited
9. PayPal
10. Beyond Meat

#5773 3 years ago

Teladoc is going ham today!

#5793 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I respect you for putting your loser down on the list. If you read online forums sometimes it seems no one loses a dime ever. I learn just as much from my mistakes as I do from my good choices.

My biggest facepalm moment of the year was buying NIO at $3.57 a share, then selling my position around $4 a share for a small profit. Given that it’s sitting around $50 a share at the moment, if I would have just held, I’d be up about a NIB Stern pro. This was hard but good lesson for me about letting things play out. I don’t sell out, balance, or trim positions any more. I’m married to whatever I buy for better or worse. I did reopen a position in NIO at a much higher price, I am doing well with it at the moment but yeah, a hard lesson but a good one.

#5837 3 years ago

Since we are on this topic, what other stocks along with Palantir are we looking into? I also bought Palantir last week at $14.23, should have bought more but will be watching for dips. I opened a position in Lockheed Martin last week. Any thoughts on Raytheon technologies and other ideas?

#5860 3 years ago

LGVW Butterfly Inc. starting to make some noise with sizable investments from some of the big boys including Bill and Melinda Gates. It’s a spac, could have some pretty big potential.

#5882 3 years ago

Skyworks Solutions is back on my radar, this company is cash loaded and pays a small dividend. The IPhone 12 is loaded with skyworks solutions chips, this stock should ride the 5g wave and have massive revenue from the new iPhone for several years. Skyworks solutions stock hasn’t done much in the last couple months and may be getting overlooked.

#5883 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Bitcoin just took a huge hit at 3am this morning. It happens to coincide with a particular persons lawsuit in 3 particularly important states and the hundreds of pieces of evidence submitted.
Someone seems to keep thinking it’s unrelated to the market, but Crypto will boom under Biden and will falter with Trump. The IRS tried sending out more tax letters to crypto traders yesterday which caused a slight sell off.
Point being watch closely, if the market reacts to this bombshell then that tells you it’s meaningful and has some consequences.

Bitcoin is getting really interesting, big institutions buying it, square and PayPal are taking it seriously.

#5899 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I feel like my Tesla stock did and for all my buying and selling I should have just held it and stayed the course which is what I’m doing with PLTR

I’ve only held Tesla stock and it’s worked out so far, I’m still thinking about what I’m going to do with Palantir. I may just stay the course and pick up more on dips.

#5900 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I’ve only held Tesla stock and it’s worked out so far, I’m still thinking about what I’m going to do with Palantir. I may just stay the course and pick up more on dips.

Avoid the gains taxes.

#5919 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

They are doing gang buster business and doubly so during work from home. Plus, they are getting into the fitness equipment business with Mirror. Wives, girlfriends, and daughters love their pants, and they are making some headway in the men’s market.

Do you think this company has plenty of runway left?

#5970 3 years ago

GoodRX took a slide with the announcement of Amazon entering the pharmaceutical business. Over reaction? Buying opportunity for GoodRX? Looks like years back Netflix took a dive for a short time after Amazon announced prime streaming and Walmart when amazon acquired Whole Foods, they also quickly recovered. Thoughts on GoodRX, will amazon be able to dominate this industry?

#5999 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:Pretty much. Even AirBnb I feel they are grasping a bit at straws trying to get the most money they can at the IPO to help them get out of this COVID situation they are in. I feel everyone is going to try to get in and then dump their stocks. Someone is going end up holding the stick when the stock crashes.

I’d like to open a position in Air b&b but I’m going to sit it out for a bit. So much hype in this ipo, I’m thinking it’s going to be pretty volatile for awhile.

#6045 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Tesla off 10% today. Start of a consolidation or dip and opportunity to pick up shares?

Seems like the way Tesla moves it consolidates, consolidates, slowly moves lower, then blasts off like a rocket lol. The downward move may have had something to do with starship exploding on landing. It was just a test launch and everything went well except for the last bit. Space x performance does seem to have influence on Tesla’s stock, it shouldn’t but it does.

#6085 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm out at $18-$20 and be good with it. SPG is coming. Space is being repurposed all over the country and SPG is leading the way. E-commerce with buying brands, Amazon etc.
MAC is in really good position no matter what happens and we KNOW vaccines are on the way.
The people that think Malls/entertainment destinations are finished are crazy!
Amazon or anyone else for that matter can't buy dirt and build new for the sq ft. pricing that MAC or other REITs could liquidate for AND in the worst case scenario much of their debt is "non recourse". They have some AAA properties, hence the "speculative strong buy" rating from Brad Thomas.
In other words, don't take my word for it. And i've studied their balance sheet and debt scenarios from work others have done.
Finally, when big operator/investor bought in at $7.50 recently, a steal, that was the foundation point for paving the way to the future.

Question about REIT’s, my understanding is that they pay a monthly dividend that’s taxed considerably higher than a normal dividend ex. IBM. If a person has REIT’s in the same portfolio as other standard dividend paying stocks is the entire portfolios dividends taxed at that higher rate or do the standard stocks dividends still get taxed at 15% and the REIT’s the higher percent? Seems like it would make sense to hold REITS in Roth and simple Ira’s and keep them out of standard cash accounts like Robinhood webull etc for tax purposes.

#6087 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here is a good math summary of REIT's
Theoretically you get MORE return, they have to pay out at least 90% of income and don't have to pay corporate income tax like typical "qualified dividends" that come from let's say an Apple stock would be capital gains rate BUT you still have to meet the long term holding period.
"Example of Unitholder Tax Calculation
An investor buys a REIT currently trading at $20 per unit. The REIT generates $2 per unit from operations and distributes 90% (or $1.80) to unitholders. Of this, $1.20 of the dividend comes from earnings. The remaining $0.60 comes from depreciation and other expenses and is considered a nontaxable return of capital.
The investor would pay ordinary income taxes on the $1.20 in the year in which it was received. Meanwhile, the investor's cost basis is reduced by $0.60 to $19.40 per share. As stated previously, this reduction in basis will be taxed as a either long- or short-term gain or loss when the units are sold."
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/pf/08/reit-tax.asp

That makes sense, thank you!

#6128 3 years ago

now up 917% and still rising

I have some planet 13, doing well with it! I’m going to start really looking into Psychedelics, high ceiling possibly.

#6146 3 years ago

Today and Monday should be interesting for Tesla! Price action will be crazy, I wonder how much of a cool down we will see in the weeks that follow after the run up?

#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

My dad bought 10k in Tesla on Wednesday. I told him it was over priced and I wouldn’t do it. He is looking pretty good right now.
We will see how it goes long term.

Lots of innovation coming down the pipeline, who knows in 3-5 yrs these prices could look cheap! It’s my largest position, at this point I only nibble on dips.

#6150 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think TSLA hits its all time high between 3:45 and 3:55 EST today and doesn't hit a number that big again until... 2028. I say it flashes up briefly to $783 per share.
WAY to risky for me at this point. I've dipped my toe in TSLA a few times but at these dollars it makes no sense to me.
It is my understanding that there is literally ~100 billions of dollars that have to go into the stock by S&P matching and mirroring funds by the end of the day. If the market cap is currently $630 billion, that would imply a 16% rise, bringing us to ~ $783.
Bear in mind if I had any confidence in my guess here I'd sell everythign and buy TSLA now, expecting to sell it near the end of the day.

I think a lot of people know this and swing traders have been and will have a hey day today and Monday.

#6155 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

My dad is not a day trader. He is on his third Tesla and believes in the company long term.
I was making some other investments and told me just to throw 10k into Tesla.
Even with the financials there are some very strong believers in the company.

Me included! I’m yet to own the car, but love the stock! I believe in it enough to drop $269 on a bottle of Tesla Tequila, lol!

FBF1A993-2696-48E7-9B35-9A9F7D8BB7B6 (resized).jpegFBF1A993-2696-48E7-9B35-9A9F7D8BB7B6 (resized).jpeg
#6163 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Although known for their CARs, TESLA is one of the best bets (IMHO) on the Lithium Battery revolution. Do some research on energy storage and you'll see the opportunity is WAY BEYOND the automotive application. In fact the lithium battery usage in cars will be dwarfed by the other applications. The world is changing because of Lithium based energy storage. TESLA has taken a leadership role in Lithium in a joint venture with Panasonic. If you look up TESLA GIGA NEVADA, you'll find it is a monster sized factory, with a line drawn down the center. The BATTERY factory is on the left, and the auto assembly factory is on the right. That makes is easy to 'deliver' batteries to the joint venture's largest customer: TESLA.
IMHO, it will be their energy storage business that drives the up numbers more and more over time.

Potentially ad robo taxis, insurance, hvac, solar, etc etc.

#6189 3 years ago

Opinions on the best platforms to buy and hold crypto, especially bitcoin?

#6196 3 years ago

been using coinbase - takes a little effort to set up as you have to verify you identity but I am happy with it
They have a vault you can use to move your coin off network for more security.
pm if interested, I think there is a link I can send you that benefits us both

Will do, thanks

#6197 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Of course we should buy Tesla today. The cult members on Twitter are claiming it will hit $800.00 today. And of course they know how stock markets work (Elon says shit, they say how big a pile masta).
Gotta run, Tesla Joy just tweeted something

Tesla’s inclusion may provide some deals for other great companies with rebalancing and what not!

#6202 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I think it’s hilarious. Feels like Apple is turning into walmart

Seems like it moved the price up as well, projected 2024 I believe.

#6208 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

All our "growth" is running hard, "in the ditch" is waiting for more vaccine adoption. 2021 setting up beautifully!
NET
AI
JMIA
FVRR
ETSY
FSLY
MELI
MDB
SE
OKTA
TDOC
SHOP
TTD
AAPL
PYPL, SQ, V and MA are great buy and holds for the next decade. And look for the smaller payment processor opportunities around the world. Some are in the list above.
To name a few......PINS is consolidating nicely into earnings!
Allocate your resources accordingly and do your own due diligence!
I also added Flutter to my portfolio today

Pay safe is a pretty interesting, apparently its popular with kids and gamers.

#6210 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

WKHS may bounce up and down a few bucks over the next 4-5 months but it will skyrocket (2-3x) if the USPS awards them the EV postal vehicle contract, now set for late spring or so. If they don’t get that contract, then it’s just a bottom feeder bouncing along at 20+\- for a very long time.

I’ve bought in and out of workhorse a few times, I’m really wondering if that contract will go mostly to Ford. Seems like that contract was really hyping up and sounded like USPS was going to make a decision, then Ford announced they’d be building an EV delivery van.

#6214 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What a beautiful day. The “iceman index” hit a new all time high
PINS has been consolidating and wants to break out. Nice close today

The tips and advice is much appreciated!

#6223 3 years ago

Anybody here invested in Corsair gaming? Rumor is they are lining up to crush next quarter earnings, anyone else hearing this?

#6226 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Hope you guys are watching PSTH
It's going to be massive once the target is announced... Especially if it's Stripe.

Are the Spacs long term holds for you?

#6235 3 years ago

Pay safe now enables Online cash payments from Microsoft users.

#6236 3 years ago

Pay safe card now available in 50 countries.

#6245 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. And then I finally gave up on that strategy 2 yrs ago. Tesla has been in my aggressive growth portfolio since. Not me personally but for my clients
Elon Musk was on crack during that time frame doing those conf calls and getting in trouble for statements made. Still might be but he’s a genius.
I understand the business model better and it’s NOT about selling widgets long term
Gotta be able to adjust and can’t win em all
While you are looking back, take a look at all those huge winners!!! Been a phenomenal ride

Investing in Tesla back then, especially a considerable amount, was a huge gamble. Even Musk said Tesla would most likely fail. I think several key factors played out all in Tesla’s favor. Big auto fell asleep at the wheel, this transition is happening at this point. The pandemic imo increased the adoption rate exponentially, people want electric cars. Several other factors, fill in the blanks. I bought my first Tesla shares in the beginning of April and bought very often up until the stock split, and have been nibbling since. Even in April investing in Tesla was pretty risky all things considered. I think why companies like Tesla and Apple keep gaining market share is partly because people are looking for stores of value. Keeping large amounts of $ in cash is not good and people don’t want to watch the cash they built up melt away, inflation is happening and will keep happening in a big way, also imo. Will we see the Tesla craze continue, we shall see. Speaking of stores of value, it would be interesting to hear everyone’s take on bitcoin??? Lastly Icemans record has been pretty darn stellar, I’ve personally seen plenty of nice gains from this thread!!!

#6274 3 years ago

Added a little more square today on the pullback.

#6295 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

To those of you that say "I'm never ever selling stock XYZ": Do you just want it to go to your estate? Don't you want to enjoy the fruits of your labors and risks you took? A retirement mansion? Very early retirement? Toys?
Just curious as we all know that every investment will eventually go bad. Even Amazon, Wal-Mart, Apple and Tesla will one day become almost or fully worthless.

I’m personally in never sell mode, I’m trying to invest wisely to build a better future for my family. I’m married 36 yr old with a 7 month old and an almost 4 year old. If something goes incredibly wrong with a stock I’m in I’ll of course sell. If I end up in a jam or medical emergency, job loss you name it I’d be willing to dip into my investments. Once I’m retired and hopefully financially very comfortable my thoughts could change!!!

#6322 3 years ago

I put a little dough down on bitcoin the other day, from trying to learn as much as I can about it here’s what I came up with, bitcoin isn’t necessarily a currency but an asset a store of value. Digital gold that’s finite, cyber real estate. Has the attention of a lot of people smarter than me, PayPal, square, etc. look what it’s done for micro strategy’s value. It has the attention of the retail investor, funds big and small. Carolina panthers player will be paid salary on half bitcoin, 3 New Jersey nets are wanting paid that way and other athletes will follow suit. Mayor of Miami “the new Silicon Valley” is open to researching putting 1% of Miami’s treasury reserve into bitcoin. Everything is digitizing, kids want bitcoin not gold, after the new year a TON of $ will be going into bitcoin. If these stimulus deals go through, more money in bitcoin. People want a way to keep the $ they earn from melting like an ice cube. Future looks promising for bitcoin and some alt coins. When people start seeing boat loads of cash on a balance sheet as a liability what’s Microsoft, Apple, amazon, google, and Tesla going to do. Maybe invest in bitcoin, then it may be unstoppable. I put some $ in it and would be willing to ad more if the opportunity comes, I just want to be part of the game. If I lose the $ I invested, no big deal. Cathie wood of Ark invest sees bitcoin hitting a half a million a coin and she’s spot on about a lot of things.

#6325 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I understand everything you are saying, but what makes BC any different from any other thing you throw money at? To my knowledge there is nothing preventing it from going to 0 for any number of reasons.

You are correct, that’s why I only invested what I could lose without it hurting me. The amount of momentum it has can’t be denied though, I’ve definitely made some horrible calls but I’ve made some really good ones too. I think the probability of bitcoin being massive outweighs the risk of it going to 0. Time will tell, it’s fun to discuss though!

#6337 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's a huge day tomorrow.
Gambling odds have shifted slightly to the radical Dems.
Need to consider "sectors of the market" that will actually like the shift to higher corporate taxes and additional massive government spending in the short term.
I put together a Global portfolio last month and wasn't planning on overweighting it but that might be coming sooner than later!

Mercado libre, paysafe, sea limited, and wondering about the slew of Chinese stocks like tencent, nio etc.

#6348 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

For those looking to hedge some bets - here are some working for me:
SILV - up about 30 some percent in a month (silver miner)
MTA - up about 40% same time frame (Gold/Silver royalties)
RJI - up about 10% same time frame (Commodities basket)
NVARF - same strategy as MTA but with metals used to make batteries - solar just picked this one up
2 more futuristic baskets I just picked up - ARKG and ARKK
GOLD - Barrick Gold - only even on this one
Gold has broken out in the past week or so - hoping all these are a good play for this year

Awesome! I was going to post in today asking for opinions and choices on gold and silver!

#6352 3 years ago

I am about to sell my initial investment in Bitcoin and just ride the profits with 0 risk
bought in May and it's returned 256% since then
also done very with ETH

Epic!!!

#6361 3 years ago

Max Keiser, “the guy who has accurately called bitcoin price again and again has made a $100 an oz silver prediction for 2021.” Predicts silver and gold will both do well.

#6370 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Unfortunately today is not that day...

Sorry, I meant to say sometime in 2021. I don’t have a horse in this race, but will shortly to diversify a bit!

#6386 3 years ago

Whether people believe in bitcoin or not it has a boat load of momentum. Countries around the world are buying bitcoin like crazy. Even the most out of touch people are asking about it. Whether you hate it or not the amount of $ pouring into bitcoin this year will be MASSIVE. Wouldn’t it make sense to have at least some exposure to it to catch that momentum and make a little or a lot of dough?

#6392 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I did by accident. I think people need to have a Coinbase type account for whatever use it becomes in the future

Agreed, I’d be scared to death to buy it on something like Robinhood etc. I used B-More Pinballs coinbase referral link and am very happy with the platform.

#6396 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Why would you be more scared to buy it on Robinhood? While you don't own a wallet, millions in money hasn't been known to mysteriously disappear there like it has on Coinbase multiple times as well as it doesn't suffer (mostly) from all the slowness and outages.
Serious question.

hackers are paying premiums for people’s robinhood info because it’s one of the easiest platforms to hack and the customer service is horrible without even a number to call if you’ve been hacked.

#6397 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

hackers are paying premiums for people’s robinhood info because it’s one of the easiest platforms to hack and the customer service is horrible without even a number to call if you’ve been hacked.

I’m definitely all ears if there is a safer alternative available, lord knows I don’t want to lose my crypto.

#6401 3 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

There's a thread for Bitcoin, take it over there! This one is about telling me what stocks to buy.
[quoted image]

Take a look at what micro strategies converted there balance sheet to, then the effect it had on the stock price!!!! The shareholders have been rewarded big time, I’ll personally be on the look out for the next big company-companies to follow suit and try to be a part of the run up if I don’t already own them.

#6413 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Did anyone load up on gun stocks after the election like i did?

I’ve been looking at Ruger for the past 6 months and never pulled the trigger. Probably should have.

#6481 3 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

What are some good ETFs to get into?

Check out all the different Ark ETF’s, my personal favorite ARKG

#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Anyone invest with robin hood? My account seems to be blank all my stocks are there, but invest are that shows money and buying power is literally a blank screen

Try logging out and log back in. If you Always stay logged in and just use your pass code for access it can get wonky

#6526 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here is a 2 yr anniversary of a young person Roth IRA account, to the day, January 11th, 2019 that i just reviewed. Are they happy? I'm going to reallocate some of those positions like JPM, Monster Bev and Zynga to buy some NET and TDOC. How about that for a SPAC?
As you can see PINS, TWLO and ROKU are still short-term gains bought with additional money added.
[quoted image]

Holy smokes!!

#6532 3 years ago

Taking on any new clients?

#6534 3 years ago

Young can be relative, an older guy I work with calls me young but I feel old compared to our youngest employee.

#6544 3 years ago

Speaking of stocks paying out fatty dividends check out OMP!

#6546 3 years ago

I for one appreciate what you post - everyone can pick and choose and it is better to have too much info than not enough.</blockquote
I second that, I’ll take all the help I can find!

#6547 3 years ago

I second that!

#6578 3 years ago

It’s simple and why I love investing.

Eh I don’t know? It must be paying 16% for a reason. Epd 8.4% I own and like it still as a value with growth play and maybe one could look at MMP 9,2% for a little more yield. My friend is a retired trader for a natural gas company and those were his two picks. Ice is a EPD fan. And FYI - midstream companies are Master Limited Partnerships and pay out dividends and depreciation. This is another advantage of them if you hold them because part of the payouts can be taxed later as long term capital gains and best kept in a Non Ira account. It is a little more paper work during tax time to keep track though. If you just have a few shares in an IRA they can become a pain in the ass.
Ice please chime in on Taxes for these if I am missing something.

Quoted from iceman44:

Lol, yes Pinny, MLP’s issue K-1s and I’ve had a couple of client CPAs complain about the difficulty of the paperwork for “taxable” non ira accounts
Since IRAs don’t pay tax until you distribute no need to report.
When they complain, I say let us do your return!
I actually have one client that forbids me to buy MLPs in his taxable accounts for the K-1 reason. Some people just won’t listen!
If you can do input on turbo tax you can do a K-1. It’s looks complicated as hell but it’s not

And this is why part of why this thread is so valuable! Thanks guys, think I’ll stay away from this one.

#6681 3 years ago

Anybody getting into the organic food and fake meat stocks? I’ve seen some nice gains in the very good food company and tattoed chef.

#6682 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Anybody getting into the organic food and fake meat stocks? I’ve seen some nice gains in the very good food company and tattoed chef.

I am getting taken behind the wood shed with beyond meat though

#6685 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I think bitcoin is with you behind that wood shed getting it's a$$ whipped.

Lol, yep

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

Horrible advice .. you should be trading your accounts .. it’s impossible to trade your accounts over long periods of time ..odds are against you

My highest flyers I’ve started positions and almost exclusively added on dips, Tesla, square, PayPal, Qualcomm, sea limited, just to name a few.

#6732 3 years ago

New ETF ARKX announced bases off of space technologies. Space stocks are surging. SpaceX going to go public?

An insane amount of $ has been made by people who have invested in Ark ETF’s!!!

#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man whoever the op was right about virgin ! Missed it !

Seems like it’s moving due to the announcement of Arkx!

#6791 3 years ago

BLUF: A specific event on which to short TESLA 5-10%... if you have balls of steel and money to lose.
All right, since this is the Stock Investors thread, I’m going to give my highly speculative theory on what will go up and what will go down… something so speculative I’m not pursuing it myself at this moment as I don’t mess with options. I think TSLA is going to have a sharp decline sometime in the next 3 months, but there will be a major flag that it is about to tank. Now, when I say sharp decline, I don’t mean coming back to earth, but a decline of 5%-10% off of the announcement of supposedly positive news that would occur within 24-72 hours of a specific announcement and event most likely to happen the end of March.
There are a lot more retail investors than usual right now… investors new to day trading playing fast and loose with their trades since the market crashed in March. People a lot like me. These “Robbin Hood” investors, tend to chase gains and jump from “Shiney” to “Shiney”. Right now, the shiniest thing out there is TESLA, and their stock has been going gangbusters this year. I jumped in and out of it a few times this year myself. These investors also tend to be the type that don’t keep “dry powder” for market opportunities… all available cash is invested with no reserves. A lot of the TESLA enthusiasts… most actually, are big fans of Elon Musk. In Elon Musk we trust is an actual phrase I’ve read a few times. I think Elon Musk is going to do something in the next 90 days that is going to draw a lot of money out of TESLA… tons of money to be frank… something I will get to in a second.
Another person a lot of retail investors have come to put a lot of faith in is Cathy Wood. Cathy wood, is the brains behind the “ARK invest” series of ETF funds. Day before yesterday her company filed to open up a ARKX ETF, a space based technologies ETF. On this news, ALL of the space stocks jumped 15-25% overnight through yesterday on the news. This based solely on the news an ETF was going to open up. As I understand it, the ARKX ETF cannot “go public” until 75 days after filing, which would put the ETF as opening up the end of March.
Now, would the opening of an ARKX ETF fund crash TSLA? Of course not. However, why would Cathy Wood open up a Space based ETF when there are only a few companies even in the commercial space business? I believe Cathy Wood knows something… I believe Cathy Wood believes, or has inside knowledge that SPACEX is going to go public. SPACE-X is Elon Musk’s space transport company. If you think people are blindly throwing money at TSLA, they will blindly throw money at SPACEX too. I have family members better off than me already researching how to get in on the IPO. If the past year has taught me anything, its that speculative stocks, like AI, ABNB, anything trendy, pop right after the IPO. A lot of these stocks IPO’d and then immediately tripled in price once they hit the open market. SPACEX is the trendiest of trendy, the shiniest of shiny, maybe even shinier than TESLA. I believe there are tons of investors, retail and institutional that would do anything to get in on the IPO, or on the first trading day of a SPACEX stock. The people interested in SPACEX would be the EXACT SAME people interested in TESLA. Since my argument is that a disproportionate amount of TSLA investors are retail investors, the exact type without “dry powder for additional purchases” I believe the TSLA stock will be hit by the SPACEX announcement. People will simply sell TESLA stock to buy, or be ready to buy SPACEX.
Now, do I think it’s going to bring TESLA back to earth? No. Do I think the announcement of a SPACEX IPO would cause the TESLA stock to drop in the days leading up to the SPACEX IPO… absolutely.
With all that said 2020 is paved with the graves of investors who shorted TESLA. I just believe that the announcement of a SPACEX IPO will lead to a 5-10% drop in TSLA stock in the 72 hours leading up to that IPO.

Definitely an interesting take, if space x does ipo, I agree it would hurt Tesla stock for sure at least in the short term. What I’ve heard, and it’s of course rumor, that musk would take starlink public and use the funds to funnel into space x. Basically keep control of space x without any outside influence. I think starlink going public would have an effect on Tesla stock just like space x would. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out!

#6812 3 years ago

A good comprehensive group think list of commodities stocks would be pretty valuable at this point.

#6838 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

What was smart and outside of the box with that post? How did it help your investment strategy? I think a couple yahoos hopped on an investment thread to complain about politics, where the rest of us are here for Ice's hot tips and discussing our investment strategies, failures and successes.
During the dip Friday I bought more PINS, NIO, PLTR, PSTH and threw 1K at BB because the Reddit kids that hyped GME into massive gains are setting their sights on BB and PLTR next. Also picked up more crypto with ETH. I'm curious as to what Phil-lee and Lamberger are investing in, rather than their politics. What are your moves right now if you are more doom and gloom?

The game stop squeeze was wild! Saw on made money that Reddit folks were piling into stocks with huge amount of shorts to squeeze them. I saw a pop with beyond meat, I think the same thing happened! May have to pick up a little bit of black berry then.

#6843 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I had a long-winded response to this but instead I’ll give you this:
No. You’re smoking crack with Hunter if you think Musk will give up his baby to the public. He will take SpaceX where HE wants to go and the way HE wants to do it.
He made his millions by founding the company that would become PayPal and Zip2 selling them, then he made his true pride, SpaceX in 2002. Everything else is a fun little side-project. He will make yet another peripheral company to let the public get hands near space but insulate his precious.
He was berated and laughed at for over a decade before SpaceX had a functioning prototype. Investors would kill the vision immediately lol.

He’ll take Starlink public, us part of the $ to fund Space x.

#6864 3 years ago

Tomorrow could be interesting

#6870 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

And just a few days later...[quoted image]

Short squeeze?

#6971 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I seriously kept considering jumping in BTC when it hit 30-31, but couldn't convince myself to pull the trigger. We all know it will go back up, eventually...the question is how far will it fall before it does.

I added a tiny bit a couple hours ago while it was in the high 29’s.

#7003 3 years ago

Another to get indirect exposure to crypto is by buying stocks like PayPal, square, visa, MasterCard. Payment systems in general.

#7058 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I bought some this morning.. Company seems to be undervalued.

I opened a small position just to be part of the possible short squeeze Reddit fun. By small I mean $100 lol.

#7073 3 years ago

Speaking of reopening plays, I bought Callaway golf a few months ago and it’s been pumping since. Apparently golf gained a bunch of popularity during the lockdowns and with the merging of top golf who knows, this stock may have more future upside.

#7100 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

There they go again. GME and AMC up 40% in the premarket. BB up 33%.

My question is when do you
Pull the rip cord on blackberry and AMC?

#7161 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

10 yr. dropped to 1.03% today
Poor shorts that don't have the bankroll are gonna keep getting "Rick rolled"!
It all started with Tesla and now it's a movement to take them out. The hunt is on by the SHORT SQUEEZE ARMY to manipulate more of these stocks they can, and round up and control with the "float" and option market to further squeeze these guys.
The CNBC crowd hates it!

It is pretty awesome to reap the benefit of the squeeze! I got to experience it with Tesla and more recently Lemonade. Shorting a stock is becoming a risky proposition.

#7190 3 years ago

Looks like RKT is a Wall Street bets target along with bed bath and beyond

#7194 3 years ago

I repurchased palantir in the low 20’s after previously buying at around 14 and selling in the high 20’s. I plan to keep Palantir regardless of what happens. I had bought black berry a few days ago and added to blackberry yesterday morning and opened a position in AMC. Both of these positions are small speculative positions and I plan on bailing after I hopefully make a few bucks. Up around 19 percent in AMC and 21 percent in blackberry, we’ll see how it goes. I usually don’t do risky plays like these but when opportunity comes knocking .

#7212 3 years ago

Not you but a lot of folks spend time following the short squeezing even though they are not doing anything with them. Those are interesting, no doubt, but FWIW some good long term hold options are pulling back and it may be a wise to keep an eye on their pull backs to possibly add for the long run, PINS SE CRWD FVRR MELI NET come to mind.

For sure!!

#7229 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Wow, I was not tracking the stocks the last couple of hours of trading. What happened that caused another jump in MAC at the very end of the day? Shorts getting a targeted squeeze? The stock is certainly exceeding my expectations from when I bought it about 7 months ago.

Looks like Chamath and Elon musk have a lot to do with the price action in GameStop today specifically Musk after hours!

#7250 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bought some more PINS for some clients today.
I'm currently at 56,255 shares so I was down $214,000 today, and another $77k on my calls today.
It seems like again this week the market makers would like to land on $70 on friday options expiration.
SNAP earnings on Tuesday should set the stage for next thursday.
Apple is about to deliver a HUGE blowout tomorrow.

I wonder how the market will react to Apples earnings? I’ve heard they’re going to be ginormous!!! Bought more apple about a week ago, added a few shares of sea limited and Disney today.

#7311 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like those additions! Dan Ives from Wedbush raised his target to $175 and $225 on a "bull case" thesis
Morgan Stanley went to $154, VR headsets might be coming this year.
Evercore went to $160 on increased probability of an Apple car.
AR glasses coming sometime before 2025. etc etc
Think of adding an endless stream of monthly recurring revenues across an installed user base of 1.8 Billion and growing.
Will big tech take a hit when the re-opening trade moves into high gear? That's what they keep saying.
Maybe it will take a hit after another 10-15% rise? Who knows.
Bottom line, own Apple, don't trade it, one of the few things i agree with Cramer on. And buy more when it goes on sale.
Gotta keep an eye on interest rates, the 10 yr treasury yield. It rises as predicted and growth stocks take a hit.
Things like "let your winners run" and "let the story play out" keep sticking in my head these days! Be skeptical to get to a higher level of conviction. Don't be swayed by fear or greed.

Apple is my second largest position, such a beast. Buy, hold, and ad great companies on dips is my strategy I do a small amount of pure speculating for fun though. Following the Wall Street bets and playing small sums for fun. My dad who’s in his mid 70’s has always been a great single stock picker. He still has his ancient shares of Microsoft, he managed to buy a big position in Facebook at the lowest price it’s ever been available- after the IPO when it crashed a day or two later. Fairly early ish shares of amazon. His biggest investing mistake was passing on Apple when it hit something like $15 a share because at the time it was too expensive. Really makes you think about what inning is it when it comes to a stock.

#7327 3 years ago

got in AMC on Monday with 1,000 shares
should be a fun ride

That’s awesome! Even my wimpy position I made in AMC is looking monster right now!!!!

#7335 3 years ago

Segment on CNBC says Melvin capital exited the GameStop short position. Is this even possible right now?

#7340 3 years ago

What are you asking - is it possible to cover a short now?

Are that many shares available and do they have the capital of cover? Or is it an attempted fake out.

#7533 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Chamath Palihapitiya is my new F ing HERO!
Everybody, if you haven't seen the interview that's happening on CNBC with him right now, with that A-Hole the "Judge" on the Halftime report, go back and watch it tonight. And bookmark it for future reference!
He is ripping Hedge funds, the establishment and "Judge" a new one!
How do you get to 138% short interest on GME? The fat greedy Hedge fund pigs have been allowed to leverage up 10x and destroy companies for way too long so they can make their 2% FEES and and 20% profits!
The world is changing and "Retail" has as much access to research today as Hedge Funds, and they are proving better at it.
I've turned into a BIG Elon Musk fan too. It takes a big set of balls to straighten these M fer's out.

Didn’t Chamath say he was considering running for governor of California?

#7544 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Why much of the Reddit/Discord crowd is no longer using the stock ticker symbols. AMC is All my Children now.

Glaring reason why we may see social media platforms built on the blockchain. Censorship issues

#7559 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes he is! I’m considering moving there to vote for him
No state income tax, school choice, higher teacher pay
Education system sucks!
Let’s go Chamath
#Level the playing field

Big fan of Chamath and Social Capital!!!

#7567 3 years ago

Fake food doesn’t seem to get much love but beyond meat has been making moves the last few days!

#7706 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Ok, we got through a bear trap and the WSB thing. Everybody just take a breath. If you are in on AMC, we closed higher than yesterday (14.61] so this probably bodes well for tomorrow staring in Frankfurt at 4AM. There is talk about AMC on WSB, but a lot of the activity is on stocktweets. I am assuming that you are going to have WSB folks and other short squeezers come out with a vengeance tomorrow. This is not investing advice at all.

Still holding my AMC, tomorrow should be interesting. As far as price targets I’m in the dark. My cost basis is $6.43 per share, price targets??? How long are people thinking about holding this one? I wanted to be part of the madness and it’s been fun thus far. I bought a Nintendo red tent this evening from a couple guys in their 20’s. While we were loading the red tent they compared the price I paid for the red tent in what they could buy in GameStop or amc stock!! We had an interesting discussion about Wall Street bets. It seems like everybody knows about it!!

#7765 3 years ago

Sooo, my robinhood account says I can close my positions in AMC and GameStop but I Can’t buy more with a caution sign????

#7770 3 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

That's correct..... See how the 1%ers stay in the 1% If you want to buy more get a webull account.

Good thing I have one! Wonder if this will spark a sell off

#7778 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I would think you just can't buy it on Margin. If you have the money to buy, you should be able to buy it.
I also don't understand why anybody uses Robinhood these days when trading is free everywhere. It made sense when they were free and others weren't.

That could be it, I moved $ into it the other day, funds probably haven’t settled.

#7831 3 years ago

This sucks, I’m buying bitcoin lol

#7845 3 years ago

Aaannnnnd robinhoods down

#8289 3 years ago

Musk tweeting about B******

#8358 3 years ago
8EEAE5C5-C404-40A3-BCDF-393AEE017E75 (resized).png8EEAE5C5-C404-40A3-BCDF-393AEE017E75 (resized).png
#8412 3 years ago

Lots of price fluctuation today, just added a little bit of Apple for the long haul.

#8467 3 years ago

IF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO MOVE FROM ONE BROKERAGE TO ANOTHER DON’T FORGET TO DO IT VIA “ACATS” that way you can keep your price points and don’t get slammed with capital gains tax!! Plenty of good information on YouTube that shows you how to do it step by step!

#8470 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

IF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO MOVE FROM ONE BROKERAGE TO ANOTHER DON’T FORGET TO DO IT VIA “ACATS” that way you can keep your price points and don’t get slammed with capital gains tax!! Plenty of good information on YouTube that shows you how to do it step by step!

Should have said move all your stocks from one to another

#8475 3 years ago

How many shares is robinhood limiting buyers to today?

#8480 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

One. You read that right....just one. Unless you already own 5, then you can't buy any.

Lol, glad I’ll be “protected” from myself.

#8522 3 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

I agree, I grabbed 10 shares after hours.

I grabbed some around the lunch dip!

#8530 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wanted to buy some tesla, but I can't bring myself to pay that much.

May look cheap a few years down the road. Lots of innovation and products coming down the pipeline for Tesla. Soon to be lots of recurring subscription revenues.

#8551 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Irony moment! Wanted to buy just 5 shares yesterday, just to get into the fun a bit. Price was around 430 a share. Charles Schwab would not let me trade and I was pissed. Wanted to close account etc etc. Let me make my own decisions dammit! Well it dropped obviously and i was able to buy at $225.
Thanks for saving me from myself Schwab!! The irony is NOT lost on me. Still closing my account..

Who are you thinking of transferring to?

#8553 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

This made me spit out my beer.[quoted image]

Lmfao!!!! That’s great

#8597 3 years ago

I’m going to sit back and see if any great long term companies go on sale to nibble at!

#8639 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

A thought occurs to me:
I wonder how many of those who had their accounts restricted had it done so because of good faith violations and not due to the brokers being big meanies.
If it has been an issue, the brokers sure have done a poor job of explaining it to people.

I personally wanted to ad a couple shares of AMC the other day with settled funds and no good faith violations and couldn’t buy. The next day if you already owned AMC you were limited to 1 share, if you already owned AMC you could buy none.

#8795 3 years ago

Added to visa and ARKQ this morning. All the madness is definitely opening up more attractive prices on some great stocks.

#8801 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Nice. I bought AAPL for the first time over the weekend after hours Friday when it was still down with my GME profits, up 2% today.

Nice!!!! I added more Apple last week as well!!! I’m a piss poor trader, sticking to long term investments for me.

#8835 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Is anyone else getting the daily explanation emails from Robinhood? They are doing some serious damage control.

YES

#8836 3 years ago

Delaying IPO too I believe

#8985 3 years ago

Anybody else riding long term Virgin Galactic shares? Really seen some action the last couple of weeks with Space exploration gaining traction. Also a pretty heavily shorted stock, I wonder if it could be in Wall Street bets cross hairs?

#9004 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I have to wonder if this change could finally lead a much needed stock split.

That would be nice!

#9109 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Anybody rolling with Draftkings (January 6) and Golden Nugget (January 29)? Up 21.7% and 8.2% respectively.

Another golden nugget fan!!! Yes, I’ve had my golden nugget since spac merger back when it was 12 bucks!!

#9202 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

PINS
Boom boom!

What a Stock, thanks for the recommendation!

#9222 3 years ago

Speaking of weed, I bought Planet 13 about 6 months ago and doing fairly well with it. It’s not available on robinhood or webull, I bought it using TD Ameritrade.

#9338 3 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I'm playing it safe myself and staying out of fiat because it is a guaranteed loser every year, year after year. Guaranteed.
I like BTC more then gold and silver because you cant paper over it but as an asset class its not fiat so its a good alternative.
I also believe silver and gold to be so heavily manipulated that one day there will be an explosion in price, especially silver.
Real estate, classic cars, art, stamps, coins whatever is going to increase in value imo.
Uranium is a great, very small market and needed for a true green economy imo.
MJ stocks are rocking as well.
The US dollar is dying along with every many other countries currencies. Cant drop interest anymore, print all you want and create even more asset bubbles. This will not end well for people holding large cash positions.
Bitcoin is just taking little baby steps right now.
Look for more and companies and people to divest out of dollars into BTC, it will continue and accelerate for years.
Diversify a small amount into BTC, you owe it to yourself. I believe BTC is the future technology and fiat is a controlled, outdated rigged system that is withering away like all fiat currencies eventually do, much to the chagrin of the Masters who control these awesome powers. BTC is the great equalizer and it cant be stopped.
I have been investing in BTC miners for a while and the gains have been staggering and the party is just getting started imo.
Like it or not but Bitcoin is the future. Not many know it yet imo.
Check this out if you want:

Truth

#9339 3 years ago

Are people actually buying full bitcoins at this point, or just buying into pieces through exchanges?

I don’t know what other people are doing but I buy pieces at a time along with some eth and a small Allocation for alts. Through coinbase.

#9373 3 years ago

As far as a reopening turnaround play that pays a dividend Walgreens boot alliance. Opened a position about a month ago and have been adding a bit. I know the business has been hammered the last few years but with the V shot and reopening I’m thinking they could turn that business back around. At least in the near future.

#9382 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I've been bringing this up for months. My biggest and longest held position. They popped 10+% a couple weeks ago on the new CEO announcement, then gave all those gains back. Great opportunity there.
I really like XOM too. It's my second biggest dividend play. Oil is going up by the day and is at 52 week highs. Last time oil was this high, XOM was around 70, but it's only 50 now. Activists are going after it to unlock value, they talked about merging with Chevron (which would never happen IMO), and eventually they'll move into cleaner energy. Their latest oil finds they are working on are profitable down to like $30/barrel oil. Oh and the dividend is 7+%

Awesome on Walgreens! I’ll have to look into XOM, I’m working on bulking up on dividend paying stocks. It’s nice to buy more stocks with dividends!!!

#9405 3 years ago

Holy crap PayPal and sea limited!!!

#9661 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bought a ton of MGM and EPD this past week for clients and myself.
PXD, HFC part of that shorter term trade. MAR, BKNG etc. BHP, VALE, RIO for the miners even though Powell says he is NOT worried about sustained inflation!
"re-open" trade. Energy is igniting. The current administration policy is helping it along by constraining supply and it's desire to drive up prices.

I managed to stumble into EPD before the ex dividend date from your recommendation, a very nice dividend surprise. After reopening I imagine the dividend will be very nice! Do you recall the ticker symbol for the company that makes Cyber Punk? Thanks and thanks for the stock picks!

#9760 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Actually both count a lot. Nobody knows where it's headed, that's why i like to bet on triple crown winners for the long-term . They tend to keep winning. i.e. Apple = Secretariat.
Interesting little read to stay on top of. Go to the ARK etf funds web page and take a look at the holdings in each one. They disclose ALL the holding as of the prior day.
Interesting to see the moves being made and the overlap with Data Driven Model, Motley and Ark
Cathie Wood is someone to pay attention to during these high flying times. She did trim down some PINS, SE and TSM recently along with a bunch of other high flyers.

If Motley is pumping Pins etc, and Ark is trimming those stocks, I wonder if Ark is also expecting more growth and is trying to stay within the rules of the etf?

#9799 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Honestly, I don’t care about either because I was buying before both and Microsoft knows what’s coming.

Lmao!!! Good call!!

1 week later
#10302 3 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:Started my 1rst retirement account around 35 . Spent most all my money on booze , women ,toys and gambling before that it was all kind of a party. My folks never had any stocks so just had to learn on the go . Started off pretty slow but the last 4 years it really took off to the point of critical mass now so just gonna keep riding the APPL horse for another 4 years then cash in my chips. I started ROTHs for my 5 kids and have there's building up nicely . I get them stocks for christmas and tell them it like planting a tree just give it 30 years see what grows.

Smart, I’m getting ready to do the same for my kids 4 year old and a 8 month old.

1 week later
#10775 3 years ago

Among other things I’ve buying on the dip, I’ve been buying a pretty speculative higher end weed stock this week. It’s a long term buy and hold, makes up a very small portion of my portfolio GGTTF. Cheap stock under a buck.

#10776 3 years ago

Missed Adding more Teladoc at 175, hopefully next week we get more discounts

#10927 3 years ago

Added more Apple and Teladoc Health this morning. Had to add to my favorites!

#11027 3 years ago

Bought a little more Teladoc and Pins today

#11028 3 years ago

Is Reddit getting behind Roblox as well?

#11091 3 years ago

Apple pins Teladoc zoom and tattoed chef rounded out my buys earlier in the week. Would have liked to have snagged some Shopify a few days ago.

#11167 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tom Lee sees tech breakout on SP500 to 4300 before next correction
Tech stock bottom in and consolidation for 7-10 days before next leg back up
I say money flows back into tech big time when we turn the corner into April
For now, feeling pretty good. Storm is weathered and dips were bought

Was able to get most of what I wanted except for adding more square below 200 and Shopify below 1100.

#11171 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

For those that don't follow bitcoin, over $61,000US now over the weekend. Good for RIOT holders.

Had less to invest last week than I wanted to because of my bitcoin investment a couple months ago. Working out so far.

#11172 3 years ago

With stimulus and tax season what’s the odds of getting some red days in the next couple of weeks? Shopify is calling my name.

#11228 3 years ago

This pick isn’t as exciting or new as a lot of picks but it’s stood the test of time. Walmart. They are doing a great job of increasing online exposure, are pretty solid, and pay a dividend. Stock price took a bit of a hit when tech got hammered last week, checked a minute ago and it’s at about $133 a share. I think Walmart is a tank and just works whether it’s pandemic or reopening.

#11374 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

We all should be watching this.....now tell the younguns why would gold be going up....

Looks like a jump in “scarce assets” across the board.

#11472 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, Ark bought another couple hundred thousand shares of TDOC and ZM!
She loves that TDOC
#1 holding in Genomics and #3 in innovation

I’m a regular buyer of the stock and we use it in my household! Teladoc is a fantastic company!!!

#11498 3 years ago

Started the morning with Apple, going to check the market periodically Today and try to add to a couple more favorites if the price is right.

#11507 3 years ago

100% for sure there is a bigger drop coming - I always have ammo in reserve

I’m definitely not all in, but I regularly pick up winners on dips, the bigger the dip the heavier the buys.

#11508 3 years ago

I don’t have the knowledge or intestinal fortitude for trading, I typically buy stuff and hold and add.

#11518 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Huh? The entire sector seems to be way down in 5 days....OGI, SNDL, HEXO, APHA, TLRY. CGC is the only one that seems to have held its own. HITIF also held its own. Maybe I misunderstood your post?

GGTTF and Planet 13 are up today. Both less talked about weed stocks

#11743 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm way down on PLTR, like 25%, but I always intended it as a long hold, let's check back in 2-3 years and see how this plays out.

PLTR is an interesting one, I have a smallish position and will hold for the long term. A decade +. Cathie Wood says it’s a future 1 trillion dollar company, we will see.

#11744 3 years ago

Added to Apple and Pinterest yesterday, cheers ice!

#11756 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Story has not changed for me. Still holding.

Same here, been holding since it was a spac! Bright future for Golden Nugget!

#11782 3 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

Well you can go here (link below) and click the small font "Standings" on the lower left side of the screen and see the December results which is the YTD total. In dollar terms I generated 150K total from both the stock and the options accounts that were entered in this contest. As of the close on Friday (yesterday) I am up 335K YTD. My TBL was finally delivered yesterday as well ... so yeah life is Fackin' Goood Man!
https://financial-competitions.com/blog-1
Adrian Palmer, DMD

Very impressive!!!

#11803 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

What’s everyone doing this week?
Wait and see?
I’m not doing much, hoping on pltr to break even for me or close to and dump it.
All in in hitif so just waiting to see what’s gonna happen but that could be a few months.
Last minute bump on tme Friday so watching closely, no idea what it’s gonna do Monday or this week. Not sure if I’ll hold for a bit or just take a quick profit.

I’m sitting back and watching. If we see a lot of pain, I’ll start buying.

#11818 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

UEC went on sale today - picked up another 3500 shares

Is UEC a swing trade or longer term hold for you?

#11873 3 years ago

Am I the only one that thinks some of these ARK funds are the investment du jour and may not do so well
looking at the latest "ARKX Space Fund" I get the feeling this was just created to catch the moment
Some of the holdings have me scratching my head
JD, BABA & Amazon - ecommerce plays? Guess when we live on mars we will need packages delivered
John Deere - we will need to start farming on Mars and need tractors
Netflix - takes a long time to get to mars, need stuff to watch
Alphabet - can use google to look up how to get to mars
Komatsu - going to need mining equipment on mars
lots of other just general tech companies they may or may not contribute to space travel
fund just seems to be a reach
largest holding is Trimble - they don't even list space/aeronautics on their website and an industry they are focused on https://www.trimble.com/Industries/Index.aspx

I took a look at the holdings and passed, a few of my friends bought in because they thought it was “cheap” at $20.

#11879 3 years ago

More xom and epd for me today

#11882 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

well my number was more like 25% (half of half). But I agree, just pointing out that the positive side is it doesnt seem to be as deadly as first thought, but getting rid of it isn't going to happen fast. We STILL can't get vaccinations around here.

I think no matter what the pent up travel demand will be crazy, which is why I’m still adding oil. I know my family is making up lost time this summer!

#11885 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Makes me wonder about the cruise lines again- since they took that recent hit.

I friend of mines cruise to I believe Alaska this summer was cancelled, but if ships are cruising I’d say people will want to go!

#11886 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

What are your oil plays?

Exxon Mobile atm, but I’m looking at a couple more including BP

#11995 3 years ago

At 17 I’d definitely consider building a larger position!

1 week later
#12055 3 years ago

Coinbase IPO tomorrow, should be interesting

#12065 3 years ago

Yep. Anyone playing it?

For it it all depends on price. If I can snag some in the low 300’s in a player, if not I’m a spectator for the moment.

#12115 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Did anybody follow me on AMD? I was early, but it looks like it is getting good press and upgrades. I expect that it will get back to 100 here soon enough.

I got in and stayed in from last May, I still ad shares on occasion during sell offs!

1 week later
#12335 3 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So if you had to put some money into 2 stocks today, what would they be?

I personally added to my positions in Kroger’s and Pfizer.

#12351 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm big on Pfizer right now, it's been a slow steady climber for months. The vaccine, it's booster, their research into Covid treatments and their lead on mRNA vaccines is all super promising.

Agreed, very bright future for Pfizer. Unfortunate situation for the world but Pfizer will be a if not the leader in this space.

#12359 3 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

It might not be a good investment if people keep dying from these vaccines and we haven’t even begun to to see the long term effects,I bet in ten years there will be a class action lawsuit against these companies!

I certainly didn’t intend to ignite a dumpster fire in the stock market thread. Pfizer in my opinion has a very bright next 3-5 years ahead of it and I think it’s a great name to have in an investment portfolio. In this space they are and probably will be the leader. No matter anyone’s perspective on the situation, I think we all can agree it’s unfortunate. Strictly as an investor with stock appreciation and fatty dividend, I think it’s a good investment along with several other dividend names that have nothing to do with this stuff. Qualcomm for instance, love me some Qualcomm.

#12361 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ve been buying more of the dividend stocks lately to diversify as the big tech stocks have ballooned it’s a good idea to have other types of investments not all in one class.

I’ve been going pretty heavy on good dividend paying stocks the last couple of months as well. Nice quarterly dividend payments don’t hurt my feelings!!!

#12375 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

So aaaanyway....are you guys buying selling or holding going into tech earnings?
PINS, tdoc, etc.
Seems like right now if a tech company beat earnings but issue so-so guidance, they get annihilated.
Makes me a bit nervous, but holding thru it regardless. Might buy some protection.

Holding! Possibly adding if the opportunity presents itself.

#12544 2 years ago
Quoted from barakawins:

I think below $120 on Apple is a strong possibility.

I’m a buyer at 120, 115-110 loading the boat!!!

1 week later
#12820 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Absolutely agree. My guy presented Square and PayPal to me today when we caught up. This is exactly what tipped the scales for me. I know a lot of your crypto guys don’t like PayPal for a variety of valid reasons but it is so easy to buy through there.

2 of my top 10 positions!

#12960 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I bought Ethereum and believe it or not Doge...I know Doge is bullshit but that's what the Robin Hood crowd are trading.

I’ve made some decent $ trading doge, all my profits have been funneled into great long term dividend stocks!

#13025 2 years ago

I opened a small position in AT&T a few weeks ago, happy I just started it and haven’t built it out. Picked it up as a big dividend payer, word is the dividend is being cut in half. I’ll be unloading this one.

#13042 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I bought 800 shares myself, I'll dump it once we get the discovery shares but we might have to hold on till next year to get those shares allocated.
Looks like tech is back in vogue.....even oil is back. Amazing, just amazing, no rhyme or reason, lol. I guess we have to keep playing the musical chairs till the Fed makes some tapering comment then back to panic mode.
Edit: Holy crap, I just noticed BA, I hope some of you picked up some at 121 when I posted about it.

BA is one I figured would take another 9 months to a year to really pop, once everyone was buying planes again. I’d still like to own this one eventually.

#13054 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

gotta admit, I've been sandbagging AMC...didn't think I'd be making a profit on it.

My wifes still holding AMC from a few months back, I’m pretty surprised myself!

#13055 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Look at GE
https://www.google.com/amp/s/simpleflying.com/indigo-cfm-a320neo-deal/amp/
EDIT: Dumped VIAC....looks lethargic even with the all the upgrades. I bought some crypto, not much because I still don't trust it. There is more talk happening about FED tapering, if it does come to pass this year expect a nice pullback, that's why I need to stash some cash to be able to pounce when the time comes. Problems is the market may go up another 10 percent before that happens so that's the trade off.

I’m holding some GE myself, probably not enough!

#13115 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can't get any more technically sound than energy right now.
On April 22 OIH dipped to $174 and rallied right back. Started accumulating big at $192 on May 3rd.
Now 4th largest position at 82,212 shares. Also adding XOP in lesser numbers
Just the facts here. Not just some leg tingle feel . Although that works too!
[quoted image]

In your opinion would I be better off closing my position in XOM with stock appreciation and a pending dividend on the way and take those funds and put them into an OIH and/ or XOP at the moment? I have pretty limited exposure to energy outside of my work accounts. I know my family and I are making up for lost time when it comes to travel this summer! Looks like the number of people visiting tourist destinations is and has been going gangbusters the last few months and the summer numbers will be huge! Thanks

#13121 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would do that and divide it into the XOP and OIH. Much more diversified and higher upside imho
I don't buy the XLE because XOM and Chevron make up about 45% of the overall weighting in the ETF

Thanks, also I made a nice chunk of change on XOM, thanks for the recommendation!

#13212 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another +7.64% jump on OIH today.
Now that is just f ing peanuts in the world of investing today. If you aren’t making 100% a day in AMC, GME and other meme’s then you ain’t shit.
Wtf. Lol

Sold my xom this morning for some nice gains, put it all into OIH and XOP about 15 minutes after the market opened for more stellar gains! I also bought a single share of AMC at around $29 just to be a part of the madness.

#13213 2 years ago

The amc share was bought yesterday.

#13281 2 years ago

Just bought a little Visa (V). Looks like a pretty safe bet with a strong history of growth. Not going to get rich overnight, but looks like a steady double your money every 5 years play.

Pay a little bit of a dividend too!

2 weeks later
#13511 2 years ago

Anybody looking into shipping stocks for the short term?

#13529 2 years ago

Bit of a pullback to start the day, opened a position in crowdstrike that I hope to build into a decent sized one over time and added more General Electric.

#13566 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

But, is it really investing? The way people talk, I feel that if BTC only ever was worth $1 USD and barely went up or down, people would not be nearly as hyped about it. We all know that the bulk of the money in it isn't because they find it viable. I tend to avoid things I see too much risk in. Of course, my statement wasn't really about investing in crypto, but more about the 'supposed' use case of coin that everyone is clamoring for and how 'awesome' it is, when the reality is an all digital world is going to set us up for failure in the future.

Diversification and balance may be the key. 1 to 5 percent in crypto seems to what the acceptable range is for the very rich. Small enough percent that you don’t get wrecked if shit hits the fan, but enough to collect some nice spoils if it really does end up being something. As far as a digital world, notice the Chinese citizens are buying up gold like crazy atm, even the clunky ornamental wedding gift gold is in high demand. With the restrictions on bitcoin and the digital Yuan “which I’ve heard could have expiration dates” seems like folks are looking for investment grade assets like gold to store and increase wealth over time as investments.

#13604 2 years ago

Wheeew, markets running hot today!

1 week later
#13741 2 years ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

PE ratio is too high at the current levels (and even your desired price of $110). It's a consumer goods company that has already sold to the entire world. Or are you a big believer in the future sales of the "Apple Car" they are currently pursuing?

I’m overweight apple, if it hits $110 a share I’ll buy a lot more Apple!!

#13744 2 years ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

No offence but this is magical thinking. If you honestly are trying to suggest that one company is so transcendent that it overcomes mere categorization or comparisons to peer price to earnings ratios then I feel sorry for you.

Apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon

#13746 2 years ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

What is your point again? We are presumably talking about future stock prices and not listing companies that have done well in the past.

Add Facebook and a few others. Microsoft hit all time highs today. Microsoft, FB, and Google have been running hot, next Amazon and Apple. Apple is already gearing up. Historically July is tough and if anyone can nab some good names at a discount, take advantage.

#13748 2 years ago
Quoted from PinlordMarc:

Facebook hit an all time high today? Interesting- i didn't know it was even close to that!

Microsoft

#13749 2 years ago

Invest in what you want to invest in. Winning names keep winning.

#13752 2 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

It allways make me smile when people say AAPL pe is to high currently 31.5 hell there profit margin is higher than that . Its only up $7.27 a share on the year with the last to earnings reports blowing out all expectations . Its set up like a compressed coil spring . What seems to hold it down is market valuation of 2 1/3 trillon . Which is mind blowing just makes you wonder how can it keep going up . Put 65k in it 20 years ago now sitten on 9300 shares so needless to say im a big fan of this fruit company

No doubt, I like making $!

#13758 2 years ago

One heck of a day for Amazon

#13836 2 years ago

Looking for advice and opinions on opening accounts for my children. I have a 15 month old and a 4 1/2 year old and would like to get things rolling for them early. I’m not interested in doing 529 plans and the way it reads to me is that you can open Roth IRA’s for children as long as they have earned incomes. Those incomes could include chores, babysitting, mowing, etc. those are maxed at 6k a year per. Custodial accounts seem like the best option. From what I’ve read, they take full ownership and responsibility for the account once they are either 18-25 yrs old depending on the state. Honestly 25 seems like a better age to take control of an account that could have real money in it. Looks like 15k per child per year can be gifted no questions asked. Thoughts or opinions from anyone who has used any of these options?

#13861 2 years ago

Thank you to everybody who commented and offered advice, options, and opinions on how to go about investing in my children’s futures. I definitely have some decisions to make and learned about options I didn’t know existed!!!

#13881 2 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Care to share some of what you have that was green? A lot of red for me today...oil and tech.
Anyone still holding GNOG?

Yep GNOG is in the file cabinet locked away.

1 week later
#14100 2 years ago

I’m up a small amount this week, I completely missed the buying opportunity earlier in the week though “face palm”

#14141 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Ummm, than how do you smoke crack by the pool? Hmmm?

The soda can method, lol.

#14241 2 years ago

Pins is locked in the file cabinet for me, my position is as built out as I’d like it to be. If it drops low enough I’ll buy a little more. Definitely not selling. Apple, hold and buy more on dips. This name doesn’t get much love here, but has been a stellar performer for me over the last year and a half, Tesla.
And I’m still taking a beating on beyond meat, I assumed they would gain a ton of traction post pandemic but it has not.

#14304 2 years ago

AMD is on fire this week!

#14357 2 years ago

At my ripe age of 52 I have gained the supreme power of ignoring all the bullshit. Really, fck the school girl drama and let's get back to posting about the market.
Personally, I have been looking to build up my income/dividend stocks

Any good recommendations? I have some Schwab dividend etf, some of my better dividend payers are Walgreens, Pfizer, vale, Qualcomm, and IBM. I’m looking into Abbvie and Verizon. I’m also trying to beef up.

#14435 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Looks like the big boys are going to rotate out of tech again after the strong job's report this morning. Banks are up because of the same reason.

long term holder of JP Morgan, opened a position and plan on building out a position in First Third Bank. Good history of dividend increases and they are growing.

#14436 2 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

long term holder of JP Morgan, opened a position and plan on building out a position in First Third Bank. Good history of dividend increases and they are growing.

Fifth Third Bank I mean

#14439 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Damn, nice move. You’re already up four thirds.

Lol!

#14467 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Who held their GNOG?
Nice to wake up to these nice up days!
Just wish I had more.

I did, sold a little bit ago for a nice profit!

#14494 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

You have to spend a bunch of time snooping through Reddit forums like pennystocks, using tools like Hype Rider, and then doing your own research on the recommendations because many are just wishful thinking. Even if there is no fundamental based reason for a stock to do well, you can feel the hype shifting to a stock and jump on at the right time. I'm getting better at spotting potential winners, but not confident enough to share them here because a lot of them don't take off. And again, I only do those kinds of trades in the $200-$400, most of my investments are in long term index funds or stocks like Apple, Pfizer, Paypal and Amazon.

Nice pics, own all 4 and 3 of them are top 10 holdings for me!

#14532 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

Did the same today. I have a good feeling about them

I've been waiting for a better entry price, but WBA has been on my radar. I'm not convinced that their recent numbers aren't just from people being in the store for the vaccine.

WBA pays a fatty dividend, should be cash loaded from the sale of boots Alliance, I believe they are doing next day delivery for pharmaceuticals, the ceo is top notch and sits on Amazon’s board. Disclaimer, I own a bunch of WBA and the dividend is always nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider athenspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=athenspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.