IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 420.
#11151 3 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Dude get the hell out of here!!! I played Quake II competitively. My clan one the WOGL for team death match and Rocket Arena. We were Number 1 in the world! My tag was MaD-Sixthsence. We use to hang out on MPlayer.
I know there are many AAPL guys on here (me included). If you did not see this yet https://www.fool.com/ext-content/under-the-radar-stock-could-soar-with-release-of-a/?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=contentmarketing&utm_campaign=5gsa-supercycle&aid=9467&paid=9467&waid=9467&source=esayhowdg0211573&psource=esayhowdg0211573&wsource=esayhowdg0211573&utm_term=finance.yahoo.com&utm_content=35961974640&testId=a-sa-5g-sc&cellId=0&campaign=sa-5g-sc

Did you really post a marketing come-on?

#11152 3 years ago

Lots of the stocks I follow, the volume seems to be about half the 10 day average? Any clues as to why?

#11153 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Lots of the stocks I follow, the volume seems to be about half the 10 day average? Any clues as to why?

Same here. Preparing for next week when stimulus checks start hitting?

#11154 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Nicer weather, relief of restrictions...people are getting away from their computers. And what I've been preaching. The redditors (millennials) are going to lose interest in a stagnant market.

#11155 3 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Dude get the hell out of here!!! I played Quake II competitively. My clan one the WOGL for team death match and Rocket Arena. We were Number 1 in the world! My tag was MaD-Sixthsence. We use to hang out on MPlayer.
I know there are many AAPL guys on here (me included). If you did not see this yet https://www.fool.com/ext-content/under-the-radar-stock-could-soar-with-release-of-a/?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=contentmarketing&utm_campaign=5gsa-supercycle&aid=9467&paid=9467&waid=9467&source=esayhowdg0211573&psource=esayhowdg0211573&wsource=esayhowdg0211573&utm_term=finance.yahoo.com&utm_content=35961974640&testId=a-sa-5g-sc&cellId=0&campaign=sa-5g-sc

You’re seriously spamming this clickbait bullshit here??

#11156 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Same here. Preparing for next week when stimulus checks start hitting?

is there really enough volume from stimulus check investors to move the market?

#11157 3 years ago

I am here. My balls are indeed blue. Diamond blue. Tomorrow is the big day.

How the balls today, captainadam_21 ?

#11158 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

For a bit yes, and reaching herd immunity. Not to mention the July 4th date that Biden put on. We'll see some great movement till the next Fed meeting when they will freak out about the inflation rate and the market will pull back. At least 10-15%...I'm only guessing but we know we got inflation...look at the pin prices

#11159 3 years ago

Here is a shit article from CNBC about that topic. Asked people that had brokerage apps is they were going to invest. Confirmation bias, anyone? https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/08/how-the-young-plan-to-spend-stimulus-checks-deutsche-bank.html?&qsearchterm=stimulus%20investor

#11160 3 years ago

Considering they lowered the income limit and cut out the 12 million adults who probably would have invested the stimulus, I'm going to say no.

#11161 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

How the balls today, captainadam_21 ?

They have grown 70% this week. So that's good. But the insanity that was gme Wednesday has left them mighty bruised.

#11162 3 years ago

They have grown 70% this week. So that's good. But the insanity that was gme Wednesday has left them mighty bruised.

I hope you get the release you need brother.

#11163 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

For you GME fans, this guy bought 90k of calls with strike as high as 380. YESTERDAY with an expiration TODAY! Genius or brainless, you decide.
https://amp.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/m31138/found_out_how_to_buy_call_options_today/

Follow up...he posted his zero value after today
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/m3r3v2/found_out_how_to_buy_call_options_yesterday/

#11165 3 years ago

Tom Lee sees tech breakout on SP500 to 4300 before next correction

Tech stock bottom in and consolidation for 7-10 days before next leg back up

I say money flows back into tech big time when we turn the corner into April

For now, feeling pretty good. Storm is weathered and dips were bought

#11166 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Def an idiot and proud of it!

The replies in the Reddit thread are pretty darn funny / brutal.

#11167 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tom Lee sees tech breakout on SP500 to 4300 before next correction
Tech stock bottom in and consolidation for 7-10 days before next leg back up
I say money flows back into tech big time when we turn the corner into April
For now, feeling pretty good. Storm is weathered and dips were bought

Was able to get most of what I wanted except for adding more square below 200 and Shopify below 1100.

#11168 3 years ago

Anyone put money into PIPP (Pine Island Acquisition)? I figured this stock would jump but it's been dead for a while. No news on it and it's supposedly Biden backed. I'm thinking of dumping it at a loss.

#11169 3 years ago

Next Fed meeting is March 17, most think Powell will not raise alarm because we're still in the midst of the pandemic and struggling with unemployment but the one set for July might be different story, the inflation rate might too much to ignore then. So keep your eyes peeled on that 10 yr treasury yield....if it keeps going up, the pressure will be on tech stocks.

#11170 3 years ago

For those that don't follow bitcoin, over $61,000US now over the weekend. Good for RIOT holders.

#11171 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

For those that don't follow bitcoin, over $61,000US now over the weekend. Good for RIOT holders.

Had less to invest last week than I wanted to because of my bitcoin investment a couple months ago. Working out so far.

#11172 3 years ago

With stimulus and tax season what’s the odds of getting some red days in the next couple of weeks? Shopify is calling my name.

#11173 3 years ago

I’m really hoping on some red days. Sitting about 80% in cash with an itchy trigger finger lol

#11174 3 years ago

Yes, I have been expecting a correction but so far it has not appeared.

I will be ready thought when it happens. Just doing trades with options not really buying any stocks unless there is something that is a super good buy.

#11175 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’m really hoping on some red days. Sitting about 80% in cash with an itchy trigger finger lol

Do you day trade? Plenty of opportunities of you do that?

#11176 3 years ago

Lately it seems best bet is to find a stock that sold off during the day, buy before close, and sell at open.

#11177 3 years ago

I literally just started trading about 3 weeks ago lol. Still learning and researching.

Work during the day so can’t always be watching so hoping to buy some dips on a few solid companies for next bit then parley into some weed stocks early April. Not sure after that.

Off to a good start though, up about 18% so far.

#11178 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Lately it seems best bet is to find a stock that sold off during the day, buy before close, and sell at open.

Yeah I’ve been noticed this too. If you watching carefully lots of small dips to take advantage of.

#11179 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I will be ready thought when it happens. Just doing trades with options not really buying any stocks unless there is something that is a super good buy.

wait for a pullback on Boeing or GE and pick some up, BA will hit 300 soon. I've been in and out of that trade since 130 level.

#11180 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Where were you a few days ago? If I remember right we had a 10% correction in tech...

#11181 3 years ago

When people jump on this bandwagon - that is a signal to me we are near the top...

#11182 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

When people jump on this bandwagon - that is a signal to me we are near the top...

Not at all, people day trade every day. They aren't playing long games. I day/swung traded for 2-3 years. Riskier, but less research having to know about every company and whether their CEO is boinking the secretary. The trade off of course is having to have eyeballs on it constantly.

#11183 3 years ago

Isn't what the large institutions do everyday, daytading? I mean, this has been done forever right? Just more frequently now by the average Joe because of the accessibility and low cost.

#11184 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

and whether their CEO is boinking the secretary

So true! LOL

#11185 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Where were you a few days ago? If I remember right we had a 10% correction in tech...

I mostly follow the S&P 500 and I believe the dip there was approximately 2%.. I am far from an expert on the subject but it seems to me that a handful of mega cap Tech companies make up a large portion of the NASDAQ so when it swings 10% i don’t pay much attention, as we saw it took about a blink of an eye to recover the losses. We are way overdue for a correction that that lasts more than a couple of days, it will be interesting to see what happens when the 10 year treasury yield spikes higher... I think Jerome Powell is getting very nervous, when the economy begins to fully reopen inflation is bound to pickup even more.

#11187 3 years ago

I'm talking about average and new investors switching to day trading. Massive speculation is usually an indicator. And there is not huge institutional day trading - there are traders and there are investors.

#11188 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Isn't what the large institutions do everyday, daytading? I mean, this has been done forever right? Just more frequently now by the average Joe because of the accessibility and low cost.

Not even, they have black boxes doing a hundred trades in a milisecond. Not to mention the whole clearing houses bs that routes your orders through their own servers while upcharging you.

#11189 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Not even, they have black boxes doing a hundred trades in a milisecond. Not to mention the whole clearing houses bs that routes your orders through their own servers while upcharging you.

Don't even have to research the company. I have no idea what most even do. Just look for a catalyst and a gap up overnight. Plus a huge increase in volume usually means party time for the first hour or so of the day.

#11190 3 years ago

Don't even have to research the company. I have no idea what most even do. Just look for a catalyst and a gap up overnight. Plus a huge increase in volume usually means party time for the first hour or so of the day.

Do you use a website/ service that alerts you to news alerts and or volume activity?

#11191 3 years ago

The WSB is strong with this one. Is GME going to run for you tomorrow?

#11192 3 years ago

Curious to know how these day trading strategies mentioned here perform in the long run vs just buying and holding stock.

#11193 3 years ago
Quoted from taimaster2005:

Curious to know how these day trading strategies mentioned here perform in the long run vs just buying and holding stock.

I take screenshots of my portfolio every month so I can see how different combinations of stocks I have owned performed vs what I have. To sum it up... I should have just stuck with mutual funds... But CCIV is coming around! I am averaged down to $28.32 now and we are going to bust through that mark this week and then its to the moon! Ha! Stonks!

#11194 3 years ago

I'm sure that buying and holding will net you larger gains, but that's what I have a IRA and 401k for. I'm normally an impatient person so I like to daytrade with some extra money we have. As long as I'm beating my savings account rate ( that isn't hard to do) I am happy. I just watched SQ go from what, $290 to 215 to 250 to 201 to 240? I bought and sold a few times and realized the gains instead of holding thru the multiple ups and downs and realizing no profit. That's just what makes me happy and content and isn't for everyone.

#11195 3 years ago

I thought the last inflation numbers were low? What are the chances we get a big surprise next report?

#11196 3 years ago

Really 3 categories:
investing - Buy and hold long term
trading - buy and hold for a target exit price short term
day trading - in and out in one day

#11197 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Really 3 categories:

I do 1 and 2. As Ice, myself, and others say, you have to have a strategy. There are a lot of ways to make money, but a lot more ways to lose it if you don’t have a plan.

#11198 3 years ago

Speaking on researching a company and doing your DD, what information do you like to look at when choosing your investments? What stats make you choose one company over another?

Lots of great information and advice in this thread thank you to all for the tips

#11199 3 years ago
Quoted from JerryM:

I thought the last inflation numbers were low? What are the chances we get a big surprise next report?

CPI is going 3% when they announce it May 10th for April. It's like 1.7%, but the numbers it's replacing are -.3 and -.7 for March and April, so it seems super likely that it's going to 3%. After that it should slow down as the readings were elevated in June and July last year. There could be a short term shock as crossing the 3% mark will create headlines for sure.

#11200 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Really 3 categories:

I do:

60% Buy and hold
30% Short term
10% Day trade....It's just fun as hell!

These numbers could change as I get more experience.

I'm also taking trade options classes. Really like the idea of mixing trade options into the mix. I successfully defended a position I took the other day with a put option and it worked perfectly!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 20,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 420.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/224 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.