200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5101 Roth conversion advice. Posted by iceman44 (3 years ago)

Post #19981 How To Read US Debt Clock Posted by pinnyheadhead (5 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

667 posts in this topic match your search for posts by nwpinball. You are on page 1 of 3.
#6342 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

If I had $25000 would I buy one bitcoin or 5 great company stocks? Easy answer.

I'd buy $5000 of bitcoin and $20,000 in stocks. I personally missed out on the first big bitcoin boon, I have friends that bought houses in cash from their profits. But I've been buying a little here and there of Bitcoin and Ethereum and it's done better than my stock investments in the past year. I like to dabble enough in it that I won't miss out if it does what's predicted.

#6347 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I am about to sell my initial investment in Bitcoin and just ride the profits with 0 risk
bought in May and it's returned 256% since then
also done very with ETH

Well done!

#6374 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

GOLD is a very long play. Say 5 years.

Two things... is 5 years considered a long play? I've watched gold on and off over the past 20 years, it's never been a better investment than the market and has often done pretty badly. I think of it only as a safe haven during a crash.

#6376 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I remember when stationed in Saudi Arabia during Desert Storm 1991, I bought a bracelet for my wife 22K gold - they sold them by weight and it was around $350 an ounce.

Perfect example, if you bought one ounce of gold there it would be worth $1900 today, 5.428 times it's value. While that's a nice profit, if you invested the same $350 in the Dow 1991 it would be worth $4,340 today, the Dow has gone up 12.4 times in value.

#6378 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Man, I didn't expect the down day to only last a day...missed a buying opportunity.

The Market liked the election results.

#6387 3 years ago

I don't think today's drama in DC will have any long term effects on the Markets. This is a few thousand conspiracy theorists rioting, they have zero influence on the economy. Sad day for our democracy for sure, but the Dow is up 1.47% right now and Crypto continues it's climb.

#6394 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This rioting looked like total amateur hour compared to what we see all over, especially your state
It’s done. No market impact

Nope, nothing like this has occurred in my state, nothing like this has happened in American history.

#6400 3 years ago

I've used Coinbase and Binance for about 4 years and never experienced any security problems. I'm sure Paypal's new Crypto services are super safe too, but they are limited to 4 most common coins.

#6437 3 years ago

In your political analysis you seem to have left out ending the trade war, signing new trade agreements and opening up markets for US goods again. That's definitely in Biden's plans and may help some of the industries most hurt by the trade war:
https://www.globaltrademag.com/most-affected-industries-by-us-china-trade-war/

#6446 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

No doubt - I'm 55, guess we are the last of the white picket fence crew. Unless they have been buying bitcoin

I'm 52, but a lot of my friends are in their 30s and 40s. Many are pretty nerdy, so they mined bitcoin back in the day and also work for tech companies and bought a lot of Tesla, Microsoft, Amazon, Google etc. stocks back in the day or got them through stock options. They are skipping the white picket fences, for travel and early retirement.

#6459 3 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Who knew that we could have made a killing in bitcoin with a $500 investment in 2011

A lot of people, apparently. But they had to have faith during a lot of lean years. Heck the 2K more I bought a few weeks ago is up over 50%.

#6461 3 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I know. It's insane. Projected to hit 100k a coin this year no?

That's the only reason I bought more. My friend that's a pinball collector has 10 coins from mining it back in the day, he's pretty excited and is holding. He was joking about his hundred thousand dollar pair of socks he has that he bought for 3 bitcoins back in the day when they were worth $4 each. Ha ha ha!

#6492 3 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

What are some good ETFs to get into?

I'm a big fan of DRIV right now, it includes Tesla, Nio and some other stocks that have been going up a lot.

#6644 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

A tip for anyone with a company Match 401k
My returns were crappy because I had some standard fidelity mutual funds to pick from when I set it up. They got me a whopping 20% last year, as my personal stuff more than doubled. Frustrating
I called them and got out of the default “personal advisory services” and converted my account to “brokeragelink” which is their version of E*TRADE, scottrade, Robin Hood etc.
Now I can buy and sell in my 401k as I do in my taxable accounts and make similar returns.
Sorry if I’m late to the party on this one but this was an epiphany for me so thought I share, in case there are other dumb dumbs like me out there.

I did exactly this about 5 years ago. My Roth IRA through work that I hadn't paid much attention too was going into a couple broad funds that were averaging 20% returns for years... safe and steady, but way too slow of growth for me. Moved most of it to Brokeragelink, started doing my homework, picking and choosing my investments, and suddenly was getting much bigger returns. I do understand how some people want a safe hands off approach, but that's not how you make a lot of money.

#6654 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

What do you guys think about after inauguration? Some guys say they are selling everything before.

I'm just the opposite. With the vaccine distribution spreading rapidly over the next 4 months and the anticipated end to the trade war, I expect the economy to start opening back up. Biden was the architect behind the last economic recovery after a recession (and the Market and job growth was great under Obama/Biden), I'd expect his team to make economic recovery a top priority. The Fed will keep printing and the government will invest in the economy, the debt won't be pretty, but it should bolster the struggling economy.

#6661 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

What policies did he exactly put into place to foster the recovery?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of_the_Barack_Obama_administration
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/04/joe-biden-oversaw-recovery-during-last-recession/609646/
https://www.npr.org/2020/04/06/828303824/a-look-back-at-how-joe-biden-managed-the-2009-stimulus-package

And there is definitely an argument that the economic recovery was too slow to be made, but the economy has been going in the opposite direction ever since the trade war began.

#6666 3 years ago

I try to not let my personal politics influence my investing, you should be able to find successful investments whoever is in the White House. Opening up trade again will definitely have it's winners and losers that you can plan your investments around. People that argue to sell everything on inauguration day are making investments moves with their hearts, not their brains.

#6777 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I am able to pick the funds. I am in all aggressive funds at the moment, trying for larger gains until closer to retirement. Not sure if the fees vary enough from fund to fund to make a difference or not.

The fees should vary per fund and you should be able to see that info. My work account is through Fidelity and they are pretty transparent with what each fund's fees are.

#6827 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Plus Millions planning to head to the U.S from the south, hoping to get in on the Green card, handouts from Biden. Crazy times ahead... Might be best to just sit on cash in high savings... Gamble 10% on stocks. Wait and see game.

This is a terrible prediction and investment strategy.

#6834 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I can only guess
Gas prices will be socked with taxes which will help kill growth.
Europe and Asia will slow their purchase of US Stocks.
Paris Accord re-entry and green initiatives will inflate assets like solar panels but kill growth in legacy sectors.
Promised tax increases will lead to more offshore Headquarters and kill growth in Commercial real estate, which may never recover.
Increased borrowing will not lead to desired inflation but instead deflation and stagflation.
Food Banks will be challenged with hundreds/thousands of new dependants.
Tent, Motorhome and camping Manufacturers will benefit from the new waves of homeless. Foreclosures and absolute auctions will flourish.
This could become reality if we stay the current course and all promised new taxes/programs are implemented.
Good news is

Gas prices are very low now, a couple cents tax won't kill growth if it happens. The switch in Presidents to one that has experience helping an economy recover, had the support of the majority of large corporations, the end of the trade war, the big push for green energy and more stimulus for businesses and state governments should be an improvement over the past 10 months (really it should be an improvement of where things have been since the trade war started in January 2018). We are for sure facing a tough economic road ahead, but at least now the business community and average Americans have more hope towards a positive outcome both with the vaccine and the change in leadership. I don't see Americans and businesses pulling back from the Market, and I have my investments focused on companies that will likely have growth and success in 2021.

#6836 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

That's why I love this thread, smart.. outside the box thinking. Great insight! Thank you

What was smart and outside of the box with that post? How did it help your investment strategy? I think a couple yahoos hopped on an investment thread to complain about politics, where the rest of us are here for Ice's hot tips and discussing our investment strategies, failures and successes.

During the dip Friday I bought more PINS, NIO, PLTR, PSTH and threw 1K at BB because the Reddit kids that hyped GME into massive gains are setting their sights on BB and PLTR next. Also picked up more crypto with ETH. I'm curious as to what Phil-lee and Lamberger are investing in, rather than their politics. What are your moves right now if you are more doom and gloom?

#6852 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I listen to Jerimiah Babe on youtube. He tells it straight, if he is wrong, let me know. Right now he is the only one telling it like it is I have found as far as real estate and current economic conditions in the Country.

Are you buying rental homes or commercial real estate? I bought a townhouse rental 3 years ago, it's been a great steady source of income. And if I'm to believe Zillow, it's worth about $120,000 more than I paid for it. A bunch of my family buy rentals and have done well, but it can be a lot of work between renters.

#6854 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Why? What percent of the pop. even owns a stock?

55% according to the most recent Gallup poll. Their age, gender and race breakdown is here:
https://news.gallup.com/poll/266807/percentage-americans-owns-stock.aspx

#6869 3 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

BB was a steal under $3 not so much at $9. Good luck

And just a few days later...

bb (resized).pngbb (resized).png
#6874 3 years ago

Yeah, there is a reddit group called wallstreetbets that has 1.9 million members and has been doing the GME short squeeze, BB is their next target, I mentioned it last Friday when I picked up 100 shares. It's gonna either keep going past 20 or settle back down to 9, depending on if they are successful or not.

#6876 3 years ago

I have a bit of FOMO over it and that's why I bought some BB. Are you holding until the end or have an exit plan? It seems to have hit a bit of a wall that I'm wondering if it will break thru or not. It takes balls of steel to hold past 45.

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

yep, the political elite are happy again

So are a lot of average Americans like me, I'd like to not have to think about politics or the President every day. NASDAQ, Dow and S&P500 all hitting all time highs today, I hope this optimism lasts.

#6895 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

As is the CCCP.

These ridiculous political posts have no business on a stock market trading thread.

#6927 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

There is an ice storm. Electical grid is down. You need propane. Owner sees a hundred cars.
"I need something other than dollars"

That's what a good stash of booze, coffee, bullets and drugs are for. No one will care about cash, stocks, bitcoin or gold in the zombie apocalypse. The closest I've come to this scenario was this past Summer on the Oregon Coast with the wildfires coming down on us and the air thick with smoke, there were lines at every gas station 50 trucks long to fill up and get out. Power and credit cards still worked fine. FYI, when the electrical grid is down, gas and propane pumps don't work either.

#6930 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

For those who keep asking “when do I sell” my plan is hold for 5-10 years, and then hold even longer. Buy stocks that will stick around for a long time. Buying oil and energy stocks, infrastructure and other stuff I believe in.
Most electric generators run off diesel. Electric trains, power plants? That stuff is powered by gas and oil
“Green energy” is such a dumb joke. It’s mostly feel good nonsense. Nuclear is the only true green fuel in the future anyway.
Solar panels are extremely toxic and only have a lifespan of 20-30 years. Windmills are also full of hazardous materials and barely produce any meaningful energy to offset their carbon footprint. Basically all that leaves is hydroelectric and nuclear.
Hydrogen baby!

Your investment strategy and opinions on energy are fine, but they aren't exactly great insight for a market traders forum. I don't think nuclear will be America's path to energy independence, but cheers boomer!

#6953 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If I remember right you can choose to take them in cash or convert to additional shares. shouldn't matter what account they are in.

Yup, that's how my work Fidelity account works with Index funds with dividends and I roll them right back in to additional shares.

#6972 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

GME is going nuts in the after hours. Anybody else in of this short squeeze?[quoted image]

I wasn't confident enough in the plan when I saw it getting hyped and it was around $20. I shoulda jumped.

#6976 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Long term?
Aggressive? I would split between PINS, NET, PYPL, QCOM and VWO
Or you could split it between the ARK etfs

This is solid advice, I'd add DRIV etf, it's gone up 25% since I bought it at the beginning of December. I bought PINS after my friends and Ice kept hyping it, it's been slow and steadily increasing.

#6978 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I have been buying Ethereum. Added $1500.00 today when it was down 15%. It goes up, it goes down, but trending up still. Could not sit on the sidelines anymore.

It's a bumpy ride but I bought more today too. If it follows the recent pattern, Thursday is the worst day of the week, then it starts climbing again for a week, each week getting a little higher. But the epic swings are not for the faint of heart unless you've been sitting on the coins for a while.

#6979 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

They are actually doing pretty well. Chewy founder just got 3 board seats. Getting ready to transform its business. Seaking alpha had an article today that book price should be over 100 bucks.
And oh yeah, there is more short interest than shares available. Massive short squeeze going on.
I do not advocate anybody investing in this. This is naked gambling and riding the lightning. But it sure is fun!

Are you following along during the day on WSB? Those guys are nuts! But it's fun energy. Since I figured I was too late for for the GME squeeze, I bought a bunch of BB since that's the next target. I figure if the squeeze hits big and makes a bunch of people rich, as they sell they are going to move it all into BB. I'm primed for that. But still a total gamble that it all executes how people hope it does.

#6981 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Might even be too late for BB.

I bought it a week ago, I'm up 22%, I think it's going to follow a crazy path like GME as a Reddit meme stock, but I guess we will see.

#6984 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wonder if AMC might be worth investing in.

I dunno, they are ripe for bankruptcy or getting bought out. It's dirt cheap, but do they have a chance of recovering if movie theaters are closed for another 6-12 months? In 12 months even if the pandemic is mostly over, will people want to sit in packed theaters? They got a 100 million cash infusion a few days ago and got a bump, but what are they going to do with it?

#7012 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Another 250 of GME just sold at 62. This is beyond stupid. Will figure out what to do with the last 500.

If you are already at a huge profit, I'd be tempted to see how far the squeeze can go with some of it. FYI, I bought 10 shares at opening to do just that.

#7015 3 years ago

Crazy, how long does that halt last before trading resumes on it?
Edit: Nevermind, it was short, looks like it's moving again

#7016 3 years ago

PLTR is going off today as well.

#7030 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Where are you guys getting the info on the targets for a short squeeze?

It's a reddit group with 2 million people (it's almost doubled in size in the past month):
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets

GME has been the main target for months for a squeeze. A lot of hype for buying BB and PLTR for the past few weeks, building hype for AMC in the last 24 hours. Betting on meme stocks has lots of risk but also lots of reward. They are seriously driving the prices of a few stocks up.

#7049 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I took a peek at that Reddit group. Maybe I’m not reading the correct stuff since I’ve never used Reddit but what I read was mostly a bunch of disorganized, foul mouthed garbage. No thanks. Doing fine without that.

That's exactly what it is, it's terrible. I'm using it only to see where 2 million people are all putting their money each week because currently they have enough of an investment army to push a stock's price up significantly.

#7055 3 years ago

AMC might be a good short term play though because of it's low cost and it has an uptick of interest with the reddit crowd. One of my Amazon friends casually mentioned during poker last week that there has been office talk about Amazon possibly trying to buy AMC and revamping the theater model. I couldn't tell if it was real talk or just people fantasizing about the possibility (there is a beautiful AMC theater in Seattle called the Cinerama that seems to be permanently closing and people are looking at ways to save it). It's had a ton of action since Tuesday.

#7056 3 years ago

Blackberry has pushed to over $15 in after hours trading, up about 35% in the past week.

#7064 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I'm hearing murmuring of certain Cities re-opening wether its over or not. Especially New York and California. It will probably happen sooner than we think, how they intend to do it is unknown.
Theatres are a dedicated destination that brings Business to everything around them.

I'm guessing things won't quite return to the before days as the pandemic is finally brought under control. With theaters, while people were stuck at home, they set up home theaters, bought huge 4K TVs, set up screens in their backyards for distanced movie nights, streaming services flourished, and first run movies began to be released on Amazon. People may feel safer and more comfortable at home and the model for delivering new movies may have permanently changed to some degree.

In other sectors too... with smaller businesses closed or having limited hours and people choosing to staying home, they've relied on the big box stores and online retailers way more. Will they go back to shopping locally or stick with Amazon, Walmart and Target deliveries? And if people do go back to doing things in person as much as they did before, how will that effect the big retailers and delivery services that have big profits during the pandemic? The opening back up of the economy with the vaccine will still likely leave us with a shopping, working and entertainment model that will be forever changed. This in turn may mean different investment strategies.

#7067 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Add Illinois to those murmurings.
New content will be choked off to encourage a return to exclusive new runs. As to what people will do look at North Dakota and Florida, those States are booming. Both have lax enforcement and are seeing people flood into their areas to enjoy normalcy.

Where are you seeing this data? I did a quick search:
https://www.kfyrtv.com/2020/11/17/economists-forecast-bleak-economic-outlook-for-nd/

Florida seems better, but certainly not booming:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/pandemic-uncertainty-shades-cautiously-optimistic-2021-outlook-in-florida

#7070 3 years ago

I feel like this is turning into the Coronavirus thread, rather than the Market Traders thread Bars and restaurants have always remained open in my state, but eating and drinking is only outside. So they've built a lot of outdoor areas, heat lamps, fire pits, etc. And the city of Seattle has loosened a lot of business rules to let businesses build temporary outdoor areas on the sidewalks and into the parking strips, even closing some roads or making them one way to allow businesses to temporarily expand into the street with outdoor seating areas. It's cold, but safer enough that people do frequent these businesses. I'm sitting around 2 firepits and a propane heater tonight with friends drinking beers 6 feet apart, ya do what ya gotta do. But that's not a sustainable model for businesses long term, and just because places are open, doesn't mean the customers will come back. That's what all my restaurant owner friends say, people won't come back until they feel safe. So for things like theaters, I think they are going to be hurting for quite some time.

#7078 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What?! I went the second New York theaters reopened! I’ve been 3 times since last month. Movie theaters are awesome. Home theaters suck.

I think you are falling into that thing where one thinks "I love doing ____ and feel safe doing it, so everyone else does or should too!" Frankly I'm surprised theaters are open in New York, they are still closed in many states. Even those that are open don't have very many customers because people don't feel safe in them.

This is a news story from Friday about how low attendance is at one AMC theater:
https://news.yahoo.com/movie-theaters-open-people-going-042707187.html

It's likely a bunch of theaters will never reopen, and those that do, won't get their crowds of customers back for years, if ever. The economy and businesses will be forever changed by this pandemic.

#7148 3 years ago

I'm still holding on my Blackberry shares. Whenever everyone pulls the ripcord on GME (I expect Friday) they are going to pour that money into BB and probably AMC and PLTR.

I'm just playing with these meme/Reddit stocks for fun though, they are insanely volatile, most of my money is in safer index funds and big more reliable companies.

#7187 3 years ago
Quoted from JerryM:

There should be a way for someone to run data analytics and find the spike in online chat RE: small cap names.

There is! Both of these allow you to look at stocks being talked about in a given time period in different apps and websites and groups:

https://hype-rider.com/
https://unbiastock.com/index.php

#7230 3 years ago

I kept only 3 shares of GME, I think I'm going to ride them until Friday afternoon. $250 in after hours is nuts!

#7232 3 years ago

I haven't really paid much attention to after hours trading before, it usually doesn't seem to have much movement. Right now it certainly does with a bunch of these hot stocks. I don't understand it though, why would someone not buy at the lower price while the Market is open, but rather wait until it closes and then buy in a more volatile time when the price can go up alot more quickly?

#7302 3 years ago

Both AMC and AMCX are getting pumped. AMC because people think it was undervalued and it got hyped, AMCX because it's been so shorted.

#7310 3 years ago

Yeah, if GME doesn't go all wrong, there is going to be a bunch of cash very soon looking for new places to invest.

#7570 3 years ago

I sold my 3 meager shares of GME at $350 today, I'm sure it will go higher, but at some point the sell off will come. Bought more AMC and PLTR during dips earlier today, holding strong with BB I bought a few weeks ago. Weeeeeeee!

#7658 3 years ago

I wonder how wall street will figure out how to stop the hedge funds from over-shorting businesses.

#7730 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Does sound insane to enter a small position in GME before Friday?

If by small position you mean 10 or less shares and you won't be hurt by losing the money, then no. You'd probably want to watch the movement tomorrow and pick a dip during the 12-1pm lunch hour to buy in. And you'd probably want to be watching what happens Friday to decide if you want to exit at some point because it's so high or crashing.

I asked myself this same question when GME was at $20 and didn't do it, then bought at $56 when I realized it was going to go way higher. But I also sold today at $350. I'd be more tempted to invest in the next move like AMC and BB while they are still reasonably priced, when people cash out of GME there will be a tremendous amount of money looking for somewhere to pump next and it will likely be these two and some of the other heavily shorted stocks.

#8043 3 years ago

Hopefully what will come out of this is more regulations and transparency on hedge funds and how they operate and game the system, there could be some very big upside if politicians in both parties are agreeing that what's happened today is wrong.

I didn't panic sell, my shares of AMC and BB are still very up, I'm just watching what they are doing to know when to take a profit. On the bright side, all my index funds and safer stocks are doing great for the first time in days. I wish I bought more PINS yesterday.

#8125 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

After hours is going to look like a murder scene for AMC.

It's up 25% and climbing after hours right now.

#8131 3 years ago

"Hi Dan, It’s been a tough day, and we’re grateful to you for being a Robinhood customer. In light of the extraordinary market conditions this week, we temporarily limited buying for certain securities this morning. Starting tomorrow, we plan to allow limited buys of these securities. We’ll continue to monitor the situation and may make adjustments as needed.

This was a temporary decision made to best continue serving you, and was not an easy one to make. We know it’s led to frustration and confusion, and wanted to provide some clarity.

As a brokerage firm, we have many financial requirements, including SEC net capital obligations and clearinghouse deposits. Some of these requirements fluctuate based on volatility in the markets and can be substantial in the current environment. These requirements exist to protect investors and the markets and we take our responsibilities to comply with them seriously, including through the measures we have taken today.

To be clear, this decision was not made on the direction of any market maker we route to or other market participants.

The past year in particular has shown us that the financial markets are for everyone—not just institutional investors and hedge funds. We’ve seen a new generation enter the market, and they’re sparking conversations about what it means to be an investor. We stand in support of you, our customers. Democratizing finance for all means giving more people access, not less.
We’ll keep monitoring market conditions and will update this Help Center article with the latest changes. We also published a blog post regarding today’s events.

Thank you again for being a Robinhood customer. We’re so grateful for your support. Sincerely, The Robinhood Team"

#8135 3 years ago

Something weird is going on with AMC after hours, the price is fluctuating back and forth between $10.67 and $8.63.

#8171 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

As does my E*TRADE account. I sold my AMC for $22.26 premarket on 1/27/21.

As does my Fidelity account. You have to go through some extra steps to turn it on. I think it's available through most of the big brokerages. Good on you for that AMC sale!

#8225 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Just read that the guys pushing silver mine stock purchases are also encouraging bullion/coin purchases.
JB Bullion is telling everyone their order will be delayed 3 days. Another Online source for PM said sales are through the roof and shortages in many popular products here. Have a good account with APMEX and even though a little higher than other offers great service.
I hold long term so speculation a non starter. Feel like its going up in price rapidly for awhile so may try to get in another order tomorrow.

Why do you feel like the price of gold is going to go up when it's been fairly steadily declining since August 5th of last year?

#8242 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I bet many will look into moving into Crypto or at least check into it after this. I know I will be more apt to adding to my crypto holdings.

A lot of people on WSBs are already into Crypto, but it's similarly as volatile. Bitcoin has gone up 10% in the last 24 hours, but it can rise or drop that much in a day all the time. I don't think WSBs or meme stocks are going away any time soon, it really depends how this plays out over the next week.

#8249 3 years ago

AMC did say today they are issuing new shares again:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/amc-entertainment-to-issue-444-million-shares-as-investors-opt-to-convert-600-million-of-convertible-debt-2021-01-28

I'm planning on selling my shares tomorrow, with more and more shares available and the WSB excitement waning at some point soon, I can't see it going up more. It went up to $11.29 after hours, there is still enthusiasm there and more people can buy tomorrow, so I could see it going up, but how long can that last?

#8257 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I bought some Doge crypto a few hours ago....Wowza!!!!!!

Yeah, that's the WSBs crypto push right now. Crypto has lots of pump and dumps in the shitcoins, they rarely last longer than a day or two, I'd take your profits early. I tried to day trade those pump and dumps a couple years ago and often got caught holding the bag. I ended up just moving all my crypto into BTC and leaving it... boy was that the right move.

#8258 3 years ago

NOK and NAKD have felt alot like those crypto pump and dumps, a couple people buy alot of something really cheap, build hype on it for a week or two, move the price up enough, then they bail taking profits and the price plummets back down. I don't follow penny stocks, but I'm sure it's the same sorta thing that happens in the lesser known crypto coins. Just be careful, it's usually over in a flash.

#8372 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Reddit stocks pretty much flat since opening bell. The rest of the market in red though. Volume on AMC has picked up a little.

I was hoping to see AMC and BB run up so I could sell them, I tried to wake up early enough to sell them at premarket highs, but it was too rough on West Coast time for me. Stability in all those stocks is fine though, at least no one is running for the exits.

#8394 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

If they run up I'm not selling. I would just like to see them stay in the $14 and $5 range today.

I'm liking the movement on AMC now, but with all the new shares, I'm definitely plotting my exit strategy. I bought it at $4.73, not a ton of shares, I'm fairly smalltime on the reddit stocks, but I'm going to turn a great profit if I get out around $10 up per share.

#8402 3 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I've got my TDAmeritrade account open, and the yahoo finance page open. Anyone with any insight of why the prices never match up?
Currently in TD GME shows $334, $359 on yahoo. I would guess TD is more up to date, but I just don't know why they would be that different.

I would guess the opposite if you are using Ameritrade's website, try refreshing the page and see. At least with Fidelity, the web version doesn't live track by the minute, when I was using it I had to refresh alot to see the up to the minute data I was seeing on Marketwatch. Fidelity has an Active Trader app you download that shows the minute by minute data, I'm sure Ameritrade has something similar.

#8405 3 years ago

I'm curious to see how many people hold GME into next week. If things get crazy in the last hour of the market, will there be a massive sell off? Or is the mission so big that people will stay on this ride?

#8516 3 years ago

Well, it looks like most everyone held their shares in the WSBs stocks today, no big changes on a day I thought their would be lots of action. I guess this is going well into next week. I held my AMC, though I probably should have sold it when it almost hit $16. If it gets up towards that in after hours trading, I plan to sell.

#8529 3 years ago

I think I missed it, but the live audio: https://www.cnbc.com/live-audio/

#8600 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Looking to open a new account in a different platform to buy more GME on Monday. Is Fidelity also limiting buying GME and AMC? Any other platforms that are not liming buying stocks?

Fidelity isn't limiting those stocks, but apparently they are limiting buying partial shares as of Thursday (so you can't buy a half a share). I've been quite happy with my Fidelity account.

#8603 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Did you see something recent? I haven't seen anything, but am holding onto shares.

I sold my PSTH last week, it seemed on a downward trajectory for the past 2 weeks and I started reading up on Bill Ackmen's track record. I think I got impatient on no new news and the price heading down.

#8607 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Nothing wrong with holding. AMC is poised to make a great recovery post pandemic. They had just completed renovation of most of their theaters to top of the line and were carrying a boatload of debt. With the recent stock issues they've removed most of their debt from the balance sheets. They have enough cash to ride out 2021. I can see easily their stock ticking up to 25 long term. Its just not, imo, poised for a squeeze. I bought at $4 before the hype train started solely because they had secured the 980 million loan, with the intent of holding until next year. I just couldn't pass up the profits when it was going double digits.
I hate to say it for those holding shares, but my thought is that it's going to be linked to the gme plunder monday/Tuesday. I expect a sizeable dip, much like we saw Thursday. If it drops to 7 again, im jumping back in for the long play. Might even buy some year options if they are reasonably priced.
Of course, I could be wrong and it goes to the moon. No financial advice, just my opinions.

I fully agree with this, except... I have a bunch of friends that don't follow stocks at all, posting on Facebook about opening accounts and planning on buying GME and AMC Monday morning. If they are doing it and posting about it, I think there is some larger hype phenomena going on right now. We are seeing it in this thread with all the new people *really excited* about the Reddit stocks and posting and asking about how to open accounts or switch brokers to get in on it. And people outside of America are starting to scramble for shares.

I thought it was nearly over, but it just may be getting it's second wind in the mainstream and internationally. Weird times we live in.

#8615 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Maybe, but honestly a bunch of friends buying 10 shares of AMC when they have 440M shares isn't going to move the needle. Compare that to GME, which is around 70M shares.. And, make no mistake, GME did NOT move because of a group of redditors buying 1 or 2 shares each. The other Hedge funds saw blood in the water, and took contrary positions to put the hurt on Melvin Capital. You had billionaires like Chamath buying $500k worth of shares. And GMEs price isn't due to people buying shares...its more due to an over shorted position and now those shorts coming due. AMC contrarily has plenty of shares and a much smaller short %. I don't see a squeeze play like GME.
But again, all speculation on my part. And thankfully there's opportunity either way AMC goes.

Oh, I agree, there is no squeeze play there. And hype can only push a stock price up so much and is short lived. You've got to get in and out on most of these meme stocks.

#8686 3 years ago

I use the first option on Fidelity (SPAXX). That's where your cash comes into from your bank, then you buy stocks from it. When you sell stocks, the money goes back in there. You can earn a little interest on it if you have a bunch of cash sitting there for a few weeks.

#8693 3 years ago

I don't understand the silver squeeze. My partner is a metalsmith/jeweler, she says almost all the silver that's used in the world today and for the past 20 years is recycled, there isn't neither a bigger demand or supply. Jewelers usually buy a bunch up when it drops under $10 and switch to working with other metals when it goes over $20. Can anyone clue me in?

#8761 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Some of my gold stocks are up because of silver. At least that's my assumption as nothing has really been happening with gold of late.

That would be my guess, gold has been on a downward trajectory since last Summer.

#8762 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I understand the play on GME but not AMC. Feels like AMC is just being pumped up from GME hype and it's only strength is volume. I am not complaining. Have scalped it twice already. From $4 to $17 and then again from $10 to $15. Just seems like all diamond hand emoji, HODL hype. Lots of first time investors who are asking when they should sell, what the PT is. A lot of people diving in without any exit strategy.

I think this is the only play now. I bought it cheap, I'm keep trying to time my sale of my shares at the top and missing the window. I see a lot of people opening new accounts and wanting to buy AMC, but there are tons of shares and the company will just release more shares if the demand continues. Long term holding doesn't seem good at all, once the hype is over, the theaters will still be empty for at least another year, if not longer.

#8797 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe someone could start a whole different thread called GME etc stock trading. Or Meme stocks.
I’m interested in this too somewhat but rather know about it before it’s gone up 10x.
Is there a trick to the meme stocks to get in early?

I think there is an investment strategy right now for the meme stocks, but it's pretty risky. It involves reading WSB's and evaluating what are the new stocks being hyped and see how they rise, using a tool like https://unbiastock.com/reddit.php to see what stocks are getting rising hype, and buying early on the cheap stocks before the hype has fully built and all the new retail investors buy it. That worked well with GME, AMC, BB, PLTR, and NAKD for me, not so much with NOK because I was too late. But like the saying, buy the rumor, sell the news, you are buying a rumor those people are going to jump on a stock next and then selling it when they do... and you can't wait very long to sell. It seems like a super risky strategy though and some won't pan out. And I'd avoid buying the meme stocks after everyone already has, I see zero point in buying GME and AMC now that they have somewhat stabilized in the past few days, unless you are buying dips and selling when they go up a few bucks.

I don't advise anyone to try to profit a lot of meme stocks, but they've been a nice buffer for me as my more stable investments went down with the Market in the past week. It seems when the Market does bad, the meme stocks do good and vice versa.

#8798 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Added to visa and ARKQ this morning. All the madness is definitely opening up more attractive prices on some great stocks.

Nice. I bought AAPL for the first time over the weekend after hours Friday when it was still down with my GME profits, up 2% today.

#8819 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

SPCE to the moon!!!

Me and my 2 shares are happy with the direction it's been heading.

#8822 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Apparently Portland hasn't seen enough methheads or crackheads to know what kind of people it turns them into. "Small amount" indeed. What could go wrong.

I love Portland and I like drugs, but what the heck does this have to do with stock market trading? The only conversations on drug legalization that seem pertinent to an investment forum is how they might effect drug related stock prices.

ps- Pinball related Portland fact, Portland has more pinball machines per capita than any other city in America

#8828 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

True, they are people who hate themselves. Probably on booze and heroin. Anyway, Portland is a shit show of what happens when, um, you suck at life and rioting is all that is "left".

How much time have you spent in Portland? I stay there usually 2 or 3 times a year for the weekend. I love Portland, it's full of pinball bars, punks, hippies, strip clubs, cheap drinks, and more neighborhood restaurants, dive bars and independent businesses than most towns I've travelled too. I would think on a pinball forum you would judge a town more on it's killer pinball scene than on some short lived protest action in on small part of an awesome town. I guess if your only idea of Portland came from the mainstream media's coverage of a few hundred anarchists you might be right, but in reality it's an awesome town with one of the best pinball scenes in the world.

#8831 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I used to travel to Portland several times a year calling on DTNA (Freightliner), Beall Trailers (now part of Wabash National) and Silver Eagle Manufacturing (maker of custom Dollies and trailers).
I am so glad I no longer need to travel there after the violence this past Summer. If I need to in the future, I'll stay in a hotel in Vancouver, Washington.

Ha ha ha, I'd never stay in The 'Couve, that town has zero personality and little pinball. I'd happily visit Charlottesville, Virginia and Washington DC even though awful protests have gone down in those cities, I don't think past protests would reflect at all on my experience travelling there, but to each their own. I do love Portland though, my brother and his family live there and I have a bunch of friends that live there. The pinball scene is great, so many barcades and pinheads, there is a pinball tournament going on almost every night, sometimes more than one. But anyway, back to stocks!

#8833 3 years ago

Is anyone else getting the daily explanation emails from Robinhood? They are doing some serious damage control.

#8841 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

3 months ago I mentioned FOUR (Shift4) which is one of the largest payment processors. Owner is also a pilot who owns over 30 jet fighters. Well look what just hit the news today.
Elon Musk’s Space Exploration Technologies Corp. is planning the first all-civilian orbital spaceflight later this year, to be led by a technology entrepreneur who will be joined by three other people.
The flight is expected for the fourth quarter, SpaceX and Jared Isaacman said in a statement Monday. Isaacman, the founder and chief executive officer of Shift4 Payments Inc., a payment processor, said he wants the planned multiday “Inspiration4” flight to inspire support for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-01/musk-s-spacex-plans-all-civilian-space-flight-with-tech-ceo

It looks like it's given the stock a bump both today and after hours too.

#8844 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Not me. I use Merrill Lynch....

I use Fidelity, I pretty much forgot I'd opened a Robinhood account that I never used until someone posted their wife had opened one a year ago and the free stock they gave her was a share of GME. So I quickly logged into mine to see if I was so lucky, but nope, mine is some other penny stock that Reddit has yet to discover. I wonder if Robinhood giving away a bunch of GME shares to people opening accounts with them over the past year or two helped contribute a little to it's rise.

#8977 3 years ago

It's been interesting to watch the WSB squeeze, hype, rise and fall. I definitely got caught up in it, luckily early, but I'm also just did smalltime investments in the meme stocks to see what would happen and really didn't risk much. My results:

3 shares of GME, bought at $58 and sold at $350
50 shares of AMC, bought at $4.73, I waited far too long and sold today at $7.49, still up, but I should have sold at 2-3 times this, my biggest mistake
137 shares of BB, bought at $12.07, still holding, down 1.12%
100 shares of NOK, bought at $6.66, holding until after earnings statement, down 31.8%
100 shares of NAKD, bought at $1.25, sold at a loss at $1.04

Still up, depending on what happens with my remaining BB and NOK shares. If I had timed my selling better I would have made a few thousand more. If I buy into hype stocks again, I know to sell them alot quicker. It's been a good learning experience. Mostly I'm a buy and hold type of person.

#8982 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Your only down 2 cents.

That was a mistake and I just corrected that post, thanks! I actually bought in at 6.66, it felt like a sign from the devil.

#8998 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

ETH and UNI are definitely good plays. I don’t know much about ADA. I grabbed some UNI at $8.32 about 2 weeks ago and I’m up 130+%.

ETH hit a new all time high today. Of course, it hit a new ATH a week or two ago too, it's been on a tear for the last couple months.

#9063 3 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

I've been buying things like AMZN, AAPL, MSFT, WMT for the long haul and energy stocks for the short term, with some occasional swing trading in LEN and PHM, BABA, CURI, and PINS.

I picked up some BABA yesterday after it's price was unexpectedly down after a great earnings report. It's up nearly 5% today. It was definitely a stock I'd been planning on starting to buy for the long haul, yesterday seemed like a good day to start.

#9094 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Actually the stores were an asset. They've sold most of them and are leasing back the space at much better rates during the pandemic as retail space is cheap. Doing so, they erased almost all debt.
I'm not certain they will survive, but the information that's being presented isn't exactly accurate. They are positioned to actually do well coming out of the Pandemic.

Has anyone ordered something from Macy's online during the pandemic? I've had multiple bad experiences and now written them off forever. Ordered two pairs of jeans, they later changed my order to 1 pair and said they had no more stock, then took 2 weeks to ship to me. Ordered a frying pan and a cookie sheet, they notified me days later the cookie sheet was out of stock and would ship later. The pan arrived in a week and was fine, the cookie sheet arrive 3 weeks later and was only packed in a plastic bag mailer and was totally bent up. Contacting customer service via email was a nightmare, they seemed to be dragging out every response so I'd miss the return window. Finally got action via their website chat, but then they processed the return for the wrong item, the pan instead of the damaged cookie sheet. I just sent the cookie sheet and figured they would figure it out... they did eventually, but it took another 3 weeks to get a refund. They seem understocked, understaffed and are cutting way too many corners, I don't see them surviving if other customers are having the same kind of experiences.

#9203 3 years ago

Maybe because of this:

"Feb 4 (Reuters) - Snap Inc (SNAP), owner of popular photo-messaging app Snapchat, on Thursday warned that upcoming privacy changes by Apple Inc(AAPL) could hurt Snap's ad business although fourth-quarter results beat analysts' estimates for user growth and revenue.

Snap stock declined 7% to $54.02 in trading after the bell.

Snap said Apple's(AAPL) planned privacy changes, which will ask iPhone users to consent to personalized ads, could present a "risk" to advertiser demand, but added it was unclear how the changes could affect Snap's business in the long-run.

"The disruption to ad targeting caused by the iOS 14 privacy changes will clearly be a worry for Snap, which has been steadily growing its armory of ad formats and advertisers," said Tom Johnson at ad agency Mindshare Worldwide.

Facebook Inc has been waging a public fight against Apple's(AAPL) changes, accusing the iPhone maker of anticompetitive behavior and hurting the social media company's ad-targeting business."

#9214 3 years ago

I'm nearly out, I need to stock up.

#9224 3 years ago

Isn't that commonplace? I use Fidelity, you can buy for a cash amount or a share amount. I bought by cash amounts for a while and had all kinds of fractional shares and it totally bothered me looking at it, so I moved over to the traditional way and got rid of all the .15s and crap. Crypto buyers are super used to it, most people don't own a full Bitcoin unless they were buying them a decade ago.

#9276 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Everyone pretty happy with Fidelity?

I use Fidelity and I'm happy with them, they didn't do any funky restrictions with the meme stocks. They have and Active Trader app you can download it you want more detailed tracking that I finally started using in December and find really helpful.

#9298 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Hmm nobody has been able to predict the pinball market popping, look at Stern's and JJP pricing actions, so why do you think anyone can predict the stock market.. could pop this year..or next year...who knows. I'm thinking not this year just do to all the pent up consumer spending that us going to occur.

With new stimulus checks coming and a massive Covid relief bill, plus dropping unemployment rates, dropping virus rates and businesses opening back up, we don't exactly seem primed for a bubble burst.

#9341 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Were similar...ive been accumulating silver for 10 years, not gold. Im holding precious metals right now...hedge against inflation. BC and similar coins is the one investment that has alluded me. While I understand the value of blockchain technology, the actual coins have been too speculative a play for me. I envy all of you that understand that market. I prefer more tangible assets like real estate, businesses (vc) and pinball machines

Honestly, I've just bought and held the two biggest coins ETH and BTC for a couple years and added more to it here and there like a stock I'm holding long term. It's worked out great.

#9342 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Are people actually buying full bitcoins at this point, or just buying into pieces through exchanges?

Nah, I buy $200-$500 at a time.

#9363 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

every move is antistpated..that's the world were in now.

I feel pretty antistpated about all these posts. As much as I love people's predictions about where BTC will be in many years, maybe it's time to give it a break on this thread and get back to stocks? There is a good separate crypto thread...

#9391 3 years ago

There are more people whining about bitcoin than talking about it on this thread. I feel like for a lot of us, bitcoin is going to be a small to medium part of our investment portfolio and it's going to come up here from time to time. But beyond the larger moves, most of the talk is and should be on the crypto thread. Our friend from Canada just felt the need to go off a bunch on crypto this morning in post after post stimulating a bunch of talk. It will die down, tomorrow the Market is open, stonks are great!

#9471 3 years ago

I could see a big jump in the stock if they sign a deal with an auto company to manufacture the rumored Apple EV.

#9475 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

How does one purchase Bitcoin other than converting existing cash?

Cash, credit card, or using your Paypal balance to buy it via Paypal are all easy options.

#9568 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Everyone decided to take profits in the same half hour? That's some serious networking.

They are all on Reddit now, it's easy!

#9569 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

No doubt, 80% will be unlocked.. only 20% trading right now.

I'm on the fence with dumping my PLTR before the unlock, I like the stock long term and am up about 25%. Is the play to sell Thursday then rebuy on the expected dip after the unlock?

#9624 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

These pot stocks scare me. They could crash at any moment of biden says no legalization. But I also thought that last week before they all nearly doubled in value

Long term, every election cycle more states legalize pot, it's not going away. My state was one of the first, it was interesting to watch a bunch of my friends start legal growing and distribution and lose a bunch of money on it. Then more organized corporate business minded people and companies came in and bought them out for cheap. Same thing has happened with the pot stores, all the smaller ones closed or were bought out by small chains looking to get bigger. It's just determining which are going to be the companies most suited to survive as the industry figures itself out, companies get bought out, consolidation happens, etc. But if you bet on the right company and hold long, who knows how much money they could earn you.

#9716 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I bought AMZN at $28 the day it opened. Had I held it to today I would have over 50 Million in the bank. But I actually lost money on the trade.

I had 50 shares at the beginning. They did a 2 way and 3 way split at some point fairly early on. Sold most to buy a new furnace and sold the rest at $450 because I thought that had to be a ATH. If I'd held it all along, it would be 300 shares, so by today's price $9,978,600.

#9771 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Recheck your arithmetic, with 300 shares, you're off by a factor of ten.

Ah, ha ha ha. Now I don't feel so bad.

#9852 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

What do we think about silver mining companies like AG and SILJ? Silver spot doesn't seem to actually reflect the price. For example 1 kilo of silver still costs $5 over spot which is extremely high.

There isn't much silver left to mine. My girlfriend is a metalsmith, she says almost all silver used in the world today is recycled, it was mined ages ago. And the price of silver never sky rockets, it always fluctuates between known highs and lows. Jewelers know what the good low cost is and stock up when it hits, then when it gets high they tend to switch to other metals, decreasing the demand, which lowers the price. Reddit drove up the price for a couple days a few weeks ago, but that was market hype, rather than an increase in demand, so it collapsed even faster than GME did.

#9887 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:
Penny stocks aren't junk companies. They just have lower market caps because many are fledgling companies. Ford, Xerox, Sirius, Amazon...all started as penny stocks. Now the percent that fail and go to zero is higher just like any new business venture has a risk of failure. But there's no reason not to have well positioned penny stocks in a portfolio. Their upside is tremendous which offsets the ones that go to 0.

Amazon wasn't a penny stock, it's IPO was $18, I bought some because it was local and I had friends that worked there. It never went down into the penny stock territory. https://www.quora.com/Was-Amazon-a-penny-stock

#9888 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Reddit didn't blow silver up. Literally nobody was talking about it on there when CNBC and other "news" sources were claiming Reddit was jumping to silver. These networks were just reporting what their institutional buddies were telling them to report.

It may be a chicken and egg thing, but silver was certainly hyped alot on WSB's and other Reddit groups for a few days (I read Reddit daily as well as Reddit hype aggregators) which probably contributed to a temporary price uptick. But hey, if you want to invest in silver or silver stocks because you see growth potential there, go for it. I'd be weary.

#9896 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Probably not technically but it traded for $1.5 in June of 97. IPOs often crash initially as did Amazons.

No, that's the split adjusted price of the $18 IPO, factoring in the two 2 to 1 and one 3 to 1 splits, Amazon never traded below $5. I owned Amazon at the time, the crash after the initial IPO was down to about $14. Amazon bottomed on Sept. 28, 2001 at $5.97.

#9899 3 years ago

Tencent (TME) that I think you've mentioned before ICE, the Chinese streaming music company, is up 6% today. I picked up some when it dipped to $26 a few weeks ago.

#9902 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I don't understand that either. Maybe it represents some sort of time premium that will decline as the closing date gets closer? But more of a reverse time premium. If you go long APHA and short Tilray, you can't lose if the deal closes.

Marketwatch is hyping this angle today:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/to-profit-from-planned-merger-of-tilray-and-aphria-buy-aphria-says-this-analyst-11613482075?mod=home-page

#9907 3 years ago

Is anyone considering selling their CCIV with this huge jump?

#9954 3 years ago

I sure wish I had bought a lot more CCIV than I did, it's still going off today, up another 12.5% on a day when most of the market is red.

#9983 3 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

You still holding HITIF? Bought another block of shares when it dipped today.

I did as well, it seemed like a good buying opportunity.

#9988 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sure..that all sounds fine...maybe in 20+ years. Today, they can't keep crowded areas with power, or wthout brownouts. As much as they are rushing to get rid of gas cars, the actual support infrastructure has a LONG way to go to be ready for it. Additionally the majority of it is still all fossil fuels. It isn't as glamorous as some would have you believe. At least not for a long time.
To your point about engines and no maintenance. Doubtful. Planned obsolescence is part of manufacturing these days. They are not going to create a product that they are only going to sell you once. Just wait, that subscription stuff is just in the beginning phases. They'll have everyone by the balls when it is all said and done. You can't work on your car, you'll be paying for % charge ability, you will be paying a premium tax on electricity used to charge. Batteries will never come down in price because they will all be propriatary, and just like phones, they'll be designed that you can't change them out yourself. And on top of all that, it will all cost more than anything gasoline related.

I think your timeline is waaaay too long, we are all moving faster than that. I've never experienced a brown out, I currently have an SUV for camping, road trips and game hauling, and a tiny Scion IQ for all my city driving and to be able to park within 5 blocks of the restaurant, work or bar. I'm ready to swap out my city car out for an EV vehicle, everyone in cities and suburbs will be within the next 10 years, it will be cheaper to buy, cheaper to maintain and cheaper to fuel. We may also have an road rig, but we want cheaper, cleaner daily commuters that are easier to maintain and parallel park.

#10071 3 years ago

I think I missed the $25 buy back in for PLTR, picked some up at $28.50 this morning. Planning on buying more if it drops again.

#10082 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Deepfuckingvalue doubles his GameStop shares Friday before close.

Gawd why? I'm impressed he held this long, I would have sold half, most or all of it once it broke $300 and retired on the 14 million. Dude definitely likes the attention.

#10161 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

No way this happens - here in oh people 65 are still having trouble getting vaccinated. This won't play out until after summer - distro is all f'd up since nothing of this scale has happened recently.

I'm cautiously optimistic and between these two scenarios. Biden pledged to ramp up vaccine availability to 300 million by July, if they get the supply up then distribution can step up through regular pharmacies, hospitals and the pop ups just like the flu shot. Amazon pop up clinics have been happening here now since they pledged to help, reports are they are really fast and efficient, I bet they are trying them in Seattle first before expanding them nation-wide.

But, with wide vaccine distribution, do you think Americans will suddenly feel comfortable being around people again? Do you think they will come back to restaurants, theaters, theme parks and hotels in the numbers they used to? From what I'm hearing from friends is many people think their behavior in public will forever be changed. There may be some very long lasting effects from the pandemic that change the way businesses operate forever, and I think a lot of those changes were already coming, it just sped the progress up towards more digital streaming, more delivery at home and less brick and mortar places. Personally I'm fine never stepping in a movie theater or department store again and I know I'm not alone there.

#10166 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I think where you live makes a huge difference. In South Dakota, where we have had very little in the way of government mandates, life has been changed to a small degree. Many people are wearing masks in stores like Wal-Mart and offices (many are not), but they and restaurants are still busy; we have sporting events, malls, and movie theaters still open. We just had an indoor stock show in town a couple weeks that was packed full of people and an indoor rodeo that was also packed. The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally went by with no appreciable increase in cases. That is why so many people are moving to SD, FL, and TX where they can live without this "new normal" BS. I think most people are wanting things to go back to the way they were prior to March 2020 but unfortunately far too many people are irrationally scared and falsely believe that the mostly ineffective lockdowns, masking, and social distancing is the right thing to do. I can only hope that as more people discover the truth of what a massive overreaction this all was that it will go back to being weird when you ARE wearing a mask at Wal-Mart, as it should be. I don't need to go to the theater because I have a much nicer one in my basement, but I have continued to go to grocery stores, department stores, home improvement stores, sporting goods stores, book stores, electronics stores, etc during this entire past year and I want to continue to do so. And I know I am not alone because there are a whole bunch of other people there every time I do. I didn't really go to sport events or concerts before but I could see how they could be affected more, just like movies. With as good as streaming has become along with the insanely cheap, huge TVs you can now buy, theaters might very well be in trouble without some massive innovation to elevate the theater going experience.

I hope not. I am a physician and will find a new path if I have to wear a stupid mask for the rest of my career.

I wouldn't use South Dakota as an example, infection rates in South Dakota have been the second highest in the entire country (125,850 per million) and the population of the entire state is smaller than that of most cities. Regardless of whether you think masks, social distancing and lockdowns are effective during an pandemic, outlier states like SD aren't very representative of how Americans will operate going forward, especially when it comes to your investment strategy. It's less about what you or I think and do - it's more about what the larger trends in behavior and business will be.

#10170 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I was using what I know as an example because I live here. Cases aren't the best metric for how "well" a state is doing, deaths are a much better metric. Having a high case/fatality ratio would actually be a good thing. Furthermore, a disproportionate amount of severe cases and deaths are from the reservations, which have their own, much stricter, policies.
SD might be an "outlier" (in a good, non-draconian way) but my point about people moving here in droves over the last year speaks to the desires of people in other states to avoid and reject this "new normal".

People are not moving to SD in droves to avoid social distancing guidelines, that's false, the state only gained 5,590 people since the outbreak.

My state has gained over 25 times as many people and we have way more restrictive guidelines. The two main reasons why people move remain jobs/retirement and family. People have been retiring to Florida and Texas (and Arizona) for years, those trends continued through the pandemic and had nothing to do with social distancing guidelines. You've convinced yourself of a narrative that doesn't seem based in factual data, it's likely not a good strategy for investing in stocks.

#10177 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Did anyone buy the depths today?

I picked up more PLTR, that's it. Waiting to see how far this downward trend goes.

#10186 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It sure as hell is, TN, TX, FL, SD, and many others are flourishing right now. You are going to have Right leaning states moving away from mandates and Left leaning states keeping mandates. You will have states like TN, TX, and FL get a massive growth spurt from people fleeing lefty states. It is already happening. We just had our 6th California family move in last weekend in my neighborhood. They are moving here in droves and everyone of them are sick of this BS.

Maybe in MI, 3 of my best friends are MD's and they are all completely against what is going on.

Tennessee gained 56,509 people since the pandemic began, SD less than 6,000, this isn't flourishing. Growth trends in TX, FL, AR, CO, WA and GA predated Covid by years and are based on where people move for jobs, taxes and retirement, not politics. Mandates are loosening everywhere based on science and lowering infection rates, not politics.

You will find investment advice and strategy based on politics not very welcome here and certainly less profitable. We are here to make money together, not to bs about politics.

#10188 3 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Carnival, $1 billion share offering. Anyone know what the price per share is going to be?

It looks like that announcement came right before closing and then after hours the stock dropped $2 per share, the CEO sold $897,000 worth of stock a few days before this announcement and they still aren't operating. The long term trend before the pandemic was downward for years too. I'd be weary, that feels like multiple red flags. Or am I missing something?

#10191 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

CCIV lucid announced official. Stock dropping hard as the valuation was not what people expected.

Damn. I'm inclined not to sell in after hours because it's so volatile. It's hard to tell if this trend will continue this badly into tomorrow. What are others doing?

And how does it work if you hold your CCIV stock through the merger?

#10200 3 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Do you think politics affect stocks? I am interpreting this statement to mean you don't. Curious.

Politics effect stocks. Trade wars, tariffs, taxes, stimulus packages, where funding goes, etc. can all effect stocks. I was talking about letting your personal political beliefs heavily influence your investment advice and decisions. And spouting off about politics usually is frowned on upon here unless it's wrapped in good trend analysis.

#10221 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

This American already feels comfortable and has been doing all of these things since June even if I had to go to other states or on Tribal Land which has their own rules.

What's that have to do with investing and the stock market?

#10305 3 years ago

I started at about 40, I'm 52. I have a pension plan and was buying a house, I feel I waited too long to start investing more. I began setting money aside in an IRA for a few years, small at the beginning. By 45 I'd bumped it up to the max per year, moved it into higher growth index funds and started buying crypto. I've only been actively trading beyond my index funds for 3 months and I'm doing it for small potatoes compared to most people here. When they buy 1000 shares of PINS, I buy 10.

#10343 3 years ago
Quoted from PinJim:

Now I’m 44 and looking at alternate investments. We are exploring rental properties as they will provide ongoing cash flow in retirement. But man, we are struggling to find the returns in real estate. Anyone else dabble in that market?

I have one rental, a newer townhouse. It's nice side income, but I wouldn't want more, it can be stressful when things break and between tenants if you manage it yourself. I'll probably hire a management company when I retire.

#10400 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

hey. have you guys heard of this company called GameStop? I hear the stock is a good buy right now. If you haven't heard of them, maybe you should check it out.
As an aside, am I the only one that has this real time ticker going on in the background all day every day? It's just crazy.

I have Fidelity Active Trader up in the background while I work from home and pull it up every once in a while to see what's happening in the market and with my investments. I don't really do much day trading, but I like to stay up on what's happening and watch the trends that emerge in a stock's behavior over the course of a day or in regards to what's happening in the overall market.

#10416 3 years ago

Panic selling? I imagine Friday will be bad too.

#10474 3 years ago
Quoted from loneacer:

ARK bought another 3.3 million shares of PLTR. Sold more Apple, PINS, etc.

I bought more of all 3 over the last couple days!

#10475 3 years ago

Is anyone in on TSNPD/HUMBL? I'd picked up a little and it bumped up and began the consolidation and name switchover today.

#10511 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am huge believer in DKNG. Once gambling is legalized in all states look out.

I doubt gambling will be legalized in all states, many states have signed deals giving native tribes exclusive gambling rights over the past couple decades, native casinos have become a big builder for jobs and income for the tribes and those states via taxes, there would have to be a big financial incentive to legalize gambling nationally and somehow compensate those tribes for the massive loss in income.

#10513 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Is anyone in on TSNPD/HUMBL? I'd picked up a little and it bumped up and began the consolidation and name switchover today.

Up another 27% today.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4407132-why-i-believe-tesoro-humbl-is-next-big-thing-in-fintech
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/humbl-inc-announces-binding-term-140700442.html

#10522 3 years ago

Pot has had a lot less of a struggle against it's legalization than gambling has. It's not very political and there isn't much big money campaigning against it. I live in a very liberal state that was one of the first to legalize pot, we've gone the opposite way with gambling, strictly prohibiting online poker because it competes with the Native casinos.

#10525 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

In bugs me to no end how backwards my state of Tennessee is with cannabis. I remember reading DEA reports for years that would report Tennessee as one of the largest outdoor growing states by their metrics (at least before some starts started to loosen up). It's perfect growing weather and a great cash crop. But CoreCivic (aka CCA before the name was too toxic) is among those fighting it tooth and nail
We had an easier time getting a lottery despite being the belt buckle of the bible belt. Arkansas and even Mississippi are further along

Not surprising that a private for profit prison company wouldn't want to legalize pot, as terrible as it sounds, having less prisoners would cut into their profits. I'd bet legalization happened a lot easier in states that don't have privately run prisons.

#10533 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I’ll be looking hard at some pot stocks a few weeks before 4/20, might be a good opportunity if redditors put their money there for 4:20.

I sold my one pot stock, HITIF, right before close today up 15% since purchase. Earnings statement tomorrow, that always seems to drop the stock price even if it's good. I plan to pick it up again if it has a significant drop, I like the company.

#10537 3 years ago

Perfect timing. I see there’s a big thread on Reddit about this as well.
What’s your re-entry point? .60?

Yep, somewhere right around there!

#10560 3 years ago

NIO is a murder scene this week, red everywhere

#10611 3 years ago

I'm trying to pick my buy back in point for HITIF, it dropped down to .62 for a second today, I was hoping it would go a little lower.

Most of the stocks I thought were buying opportunities over the past week have continued to drop since purchase...

#10685 3 years ago
od09uiiy82l61 (resized).pngod09uiiy82l61 (resized).png
#10697 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

where did you find this chart?

It's pretty cool: https://finviz.com/map.ashx

It can be a useful chart for quickly visually seeing what sectors are doing well in the market at any given point. There are a couple different charts, including one for ETFs.

#10763 3 years ago

I ended picking up some PSTH finally when it got pretty low today. Almost bought back into HITIF since is seemed to hit an all time low, but slept on it and the market closed. I'll likely pick some up Monday morning if I can get it at the .54 is closed at, I didn't think it would sink below .60.

#10846 3 years ago

I made my for fun pot stock purchase leading up to 4/20 today, 420 shares of HITIF when it dropped down to 56 cents a share.

#10852 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Chasing PINS was a huge mistake lol. Live and learn. I cant believe it went from a solid growth co. too, well a shitty co in two weeks!

It didn't. The entire tech sector is down alot in the past 2 weeks, not just PINS, it's almost everything. They will all rebound eventually, but it may take the entire year.

#10855 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

where the F is the bottom for these tech stocks?

I wish I had the crystal ball to know the answer!

#11012 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Looks like it is going to open $65-$70 bucks. I am not personally investing in this and admittedly, do not follow it outside of DD, but think you can buy it cheaper later.

There was a good story on NPR yesterday about Roblox, I was surprised to hear how many kids actually play it, develop games for it, the live concert stuff, and the founder talked about how it was his vision of the Metaverse, totally made me think of the book Snow Crash. I'm interested to see what happens with it, but am sitting on the sidelines for the first week or two.

#11073 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Is Reddit getting behind Roblox as well?

It looks like there is some buzz about it there.

Quoted from frisbez:

US cannabis stocks are not on the major exchanges because of legality issues. The best you can do right now is MSOS or YOLO which are ETFs that will eventually have US holdings.

Until it's legal on a federal/national level, we won't see any, right? That could be a decade from now.

#11240 3 years ago

Walmart has a reputation for selling bad Chinese products cheap, not so great customer service, and not paying it's employees well or scheduling them for full time hours. I really don't see the company operating like Amazon or challenging them, in 10 years I could see them going the way of Macy's and Sears if they don't seriously up their game.

#11254 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Funny, but a lot of people go there to cash their paychecks and when they have cash, I imagine they shop.

Oh for sure, there are lots of Wallmarts and lots of people shop at them, they will continue to be a successful brick and mortar store chain for years to come. I'm just questioning their ability to grow and expand like Amazon in areas like streaming media, online sales, web services, etc. Amazon has always been a forward thinking company constantly plotting new revenue streams and expansion, Wallmart hasn't really shown that type of vision or execution.

#11257 3 years ago

Which happens first, legal pot in 50 states or legal gambling?

#11326 3 years ago

Good news for Crowdstrike today: https://www.zdnet.com/article/crowdstrike-in-q4-posts-record-number-of-new-subscription-customers/
It's climbed nearly 6% in after hours trading

#11375 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

We all should be watching this.....now tell the younguns why would gold be going up....

Gold has been on a big downward trend since it's peak last August 6th with occasional spikes up. It's larger trend is dropping and looks like it has a long way to fall still if you follow it's larger cycle. I bet it will continue to drop towards a bottom of around $1200 an ounce. I've never understood gold bugs, the market will make you so much more money, invest in miners, not gold itself.

#11502 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Unity is probably still an ok bet. Most video game developers coming up either use Unity or Unreal.
I personally put money in Tencent because they own 40% of Epic and have lots of investments through the video game industry.
I also like Unreal over Unity because they’ve had a lot of penetration into TV/movie special effects production. Like Unreal engine does all the real-time graphics when they’re filming The Mandalorian. Sony recently bought into Epic so you can bet most Sony movies will be using Unreal

I bought some Tencent (TME) after this post about 45 days ago and doing some personal research, it's been a great, steady climber. Up 6% today, up over 16% since I purchased. Thanks for the tip!

#11527 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Huh? The entire sector seems to be way down in 5 days....OGI, SNDL, HEXO, APHA, TLRY. CGC is the only one that seems to have held its own. HITIF also held its own. Maybe I misunderstood your post?

HITIF is working out good for me, with today's jump it's up over 10% from where I bought back in 9 days ago (after nice gains the first time around). I'm hoping to see another 10% rise leading up to 4/20!

#11529 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I bought it about a month ago. Its been treading water for me. I still am bullish on it, tho and still holding.

I played my first round of High Tide right, buying in a couple months ago and then selling at close the day before the earnings announcement. Then I bought back in near it's next low. Amazing actually, since trying to time the market usually never works well for me.

#11538 3 years ago

Hmmm, I may pick up another 1000 shares next week, that's good info.

#11548 3 years ago

HITIF up another 5+% today, still liking it as my pot stock choice.

#11570 3 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Hope everyone has been staying clear of SNDL. Their management needs to be taken out to the woodshed. They once again announced a further dilution plan of adding 800 million dollars worth of stock to raise capital. This is after they've added 1.2 BILLION shares in the past 5 months. These jokers are nothing but money grabbers. Expect this stock to tank to 30c, IMO.

While bad for investors short term, it seems smart to take advantage of being a MEME stock to make more shares available to raise cash to grow the business faster. AMC has been doing this too, I was surprised Gamestop didn't.

#11571 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’m buying more

I wish I had bought more HITIF when you did. I set up a buy if the price dropped a few cents, but of course, it's continued to go up. At this point, I feel like it's not going back down until either after 4/20 or it maybe doesn't get added to the Nasdaq.

#11606 3 years ago

I picked a bad couple of weeks to start buying some oil stocks.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Energy is on a roll today, both oil and uranium

Good, oil had been going the opposite of late.

#11624 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

This market is not fun. Just holding what I got.
Got to check in on my buddy captainadam_21. You holding up ok? GME is getting decimated here today.

Did anyone actually think their earning statement would be positive? And even if it was, stocks seem to drop on positive earning statements these days.

#11742 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Same boat, bought at 28, averaged down to 26 and when it got close to that, I bailed. I got caught up in the hype and it cost me. Like you say, rookie mistake. I dont like losing money when i made the bad decision to lose money, by buying at the top. I learned.

I'm way down on PLTR, like 25%, but I always intended it as a long hold, let's check back in 2-3 years and see how this plays out.

#11762 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Only thing green on my 15 is UEC up 5%

I ended up picking up some UEC the other day and it's been steadily climbing ever since.

#11763 3 years ago

Tencent Music (TME) is on sale today, dropping almost 50% in 3 days after not quite hitting it's earnings expectations, even though they announced a multi-year licensing agreement with Warner Music as well as forming a joint-venture music label with Warner in China.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tencent-music-results-come-in-a-bit-light-11616446673?mod=mw_quote_news
https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/03/24/why-tencent-music-stock-crashed-today/

#11766 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Tencent Music (TME) is on sale today, dropping almost 50% in 3 days after not quite hitting it's earnings expectations, even though they announced a multi-year licensing agreement with Warner Music as well as forming a joint-venture music label with Warner in China.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tencent-music-results-come-in-a-bit-light-11616446673?mod=mw_quote_news
https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/03/24/why-tencent-music-stock-crashed-today/

It looks like TME bottomed right after I bought shares and posted this, it's up over 4% since then.

#11771 3 years ago

I’m bored and want to gamble so I’ll join you.
I must warn you I’ve been a bit of a cooler the last week or two lol

A word of caution, some Trump laws from late December threaten Chinese companies in getting de-listed, which is part of why Nio, TME and other companies have dropped a bunch recently.

#11775 3 years ago

Yeah was reading that. I didn’t go crazy, and will probably sell quick if it goes up a couple bucks.

I don't know where you bought in at on TME, but I timed the bottom pretty well and am up almost 20% for the day.

#11777 3 years ago

Ha ha ha. It's a stock that's been discussed a few times here over the past couple months. I was glad to see it push up over $20 in the last few minutes.

#11835 3 years ago

TME is back on the move today, up another 6% this morning... although the day is still young.

#11841 3 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

ARKX isn't an IPO, it's an ETF

It did follow the pattern of dropping 6% after the first opening minutes though, I bought it at $20.33.

#11918 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Haha, yeah. The flu also wipes out half a million people annually in the US all while implementing mask mandates and shutdowns.

The flu death data for the US is here: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html
The flu usually kills about 35,000 Americans per year, it's nothing close to the 565,000 the coronavirus has killed.

#11927 3 years ago

For me I just keep buying, whether the Market is up or down. I've occasionally pulled out part of my money when a big crash is happening, then jump back in after I feel it's changed while stocks are on sale. But I couldn't imagine sitting out for months and months. I pulled nothing out in February, I kept buying as things went down, bought at the bottom, and now after the past couple of days of gains, I'm quite happy with that choice.

1 week later
#12002 3 years ago

Hitif is killing me. Hope it’s worth it long term.
MGM doing good lately.

I've been doing well with it buying it at .57 and selling it when it hits .72 or so. Not huge gains, but not bad.

#12010 3 years ago

I'm expecting the weed stocks to ramp over the next 10 days to 4/20, I'll probably sell off my High Tide 4/19 or 4/20 if it's in the .70s again, then buy it a week later in the .50s. Generally weed stocks do well in the week leading up to 4/20.

#12020 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I hope people held onto their PINS during the down time. It has really come back (along with Pinside, ).
Apple has been back on its way up as well.

I held onto my PINS even when I was way down, now I wish I bought more when it was so low, I'm way back in the green again. Yeah, while Pinside was down, PINS, AAPL, and PYPL all went 5% or more, nice!

#12073 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

From Seeking Alpha about Coinbase. It looks like those 37% uplift estimates were right on the money.
Coinbase IPO: COIN gets $340-a-share indicated price (update)
Apr. 14, 2021 4:59 AM ETCoinbase Global, Inc. (COIN)By: Jerry Kronenberg, SA News Editor59 Comments
Cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase Global (NASDAQ:COIN) was given an indicated price of $340 a share and is expected to start trading Wednesday in the morning or early afternoon via an eagerly anticipated direct listing.
Coinbase was expected to start trading on the Nasdaq shortly, but had not done so as of 10:40 a.m. ET.
Certain pre-IPO investors will make as many as 114.85M shares available to the public. The stock symbol for Coinbase will be "COIN."

Is it normal for the time it's available on the Market the day of the IPO to be pretty random and not when the Market opens? I think I'm sitting COIN out for a week to see where it settles and sticking more money in BTC and ETH, I expect the whole crypto market to get a big lift from this (they hit all time highs yesterday).

#12079 3 years ago

COIN is live and immediately pushing up

#12090 3 years ago

That COIN ipo initial run up out of the gate and then crash was fun to watch. It's pretty much what I expected to happen.

#12104 3 years ago

Yes. Not much choice. In for the long haul I guess.
Could be a long wait though

I only have 1000 shares, my 4/20 strategy isn't panning out, it's just slowly creeping down. Not sure why, they seem to be opening more stores and have only good news.

#12135 3 years ago

Most of my growth stocks are still doing well, my index funds that are tech heavy have continuously done great and individual stocks like like PINS, PYPL, and LITE are all nicely up. The DRIV etf I've been adding more and more to focused on EV continues to steadily chug up, the shares I bought in December are now up over 20%.

#12175 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Not bad, my mortgage is 3000 a month, (taxes are included which is approaching 7k a yr, Insurance is 6k a yr). I need almost another 1000 for utilities and maintenance costs.

Those are expensive utilities! My power/light is about $150 a month in the fall and winter, $75 in the spring and summer. Water/sewer/garbage $150 a month. Gas heat/stove is $100 a month in fall and winter, $35 a month in spring and summer. My utilities average out to less than $500 a month in peak times, half that between April-September.

#12178 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Seattle has a pretty mild climate though. I'd guess kvan pays a tidy sum for A/C in Miami. He also included "maintenance" so maybe he just throws kick-ass parties.

Yeah, we also have cheap hydroelectric power. I read a lot of those Marketwatch articles on where should I retire to if I want this sort of town and have this much money, it's interesting that they never factor in utility costs, when they factor in taxes and median home prices. I figured utility costs were pretty similar around the states, give or take an air conditioning system, but was amazed this Winter to see how expensive heating costs were in Texas when they had those issues there. What you save in property taxes there, it seems you lose in paying 2-3 times what some states pay in utility costs.

#12179 3 years ago

Down day in the market... what's still climbing for you? Apple and Pfizer are about my only stocks in green today.

#12195 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Added some Boeing and Facebook...not convinced either will move up in the short term . But they're long term keepers no matter which way the market goes.

I bought some Paypal about a month ago and it's 4% up already, I think it's a solid long term investment.

#12203 3 years ago
Quoted from TireFryer426:

I used to work there. Am absolutely kicking myself for leaving, had a pretty good annual stock award. Their stock was at $15 when I left

Ouch, it's now in the $265 range. I think their crypto play is smart, they've made it really easy for people to buy it for the first time and are collecting fees on every transaction. A lot of people jumped on board.

#12254 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Two choices here, ride it out and try to get close to even or sell it and use the money elsewhere. I am training myself to dump the losers instead of hanging on. It does help if you sell a winner at the same time to offset some or all of the loss. I am getting better at using a 7% stop loss to avoid getting in that situation in the future. When I sold some uranium at a good profit I dumped my losing miner at the same time. Never had second guessed that decision and I never check the price since I dumped it.

This is close to my approach, I'm still individually deciding when to cut my losses and move on, I should probably set up automated stop loss sales. But with stocks like CCIV at some point I decided to cut my losses and put the money into another stock on the upswing, rather than wait around to recover my losses on it. I recovered my losses in another stock

#12298 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The Tesla and Amazon millionaires are thrilled to pieces....

They are, most of them are vocal supporters of progressive taxation. I'm friends with quite a few Amazon developers (as well as Microsoft, Valve and other programmers and game developers) and they are very progressive millionaires.

#12301 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

300 points is nothing, 3000 is not even note worthy, the market us up 55% in the last 12 months. I don't see a stampede here

This. The Market has been doing FANTASTIC over the past year, small drops here and there based on the news of the day are totally normal, the market dropped multiple times in the past month more than it did today.

And hey, if millionaires are going to be taxed a few percentage more, it's not like they are going to pull their money out of the market and to try to make less money.

#12306 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

That is your Pacific Northwest bias showing. I know a bunch of millionaires in other parts of the country not happy with this.

The context of the statement was Amazon and Tesla millionaires. I live in the city where Amazon is located and easily has the most Amazon millionaires. I certainly wasn't talking about anyone else beyond the younger 20-40 something tech millionaires set, who, are definitely more progressive than other millionaires.

#12330 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You guys still holding HITIF?

I am, 1100 shares. It was my 4/20 play that didn't happen, it's 3rd time I've owned it.

#12332 3 years ago

Me and nw bought some about a month ago after a mini crash. I sold mine for a couple bucks profit a share. Was in at 17 something out at 20 or so. A little of the old in and out.

Yeah, I think $17-$18 is a good entry point for either a short term sell when it hits the low to mid 20s or a longer hold play. Chinese companies have a lot of volatility that can be a bit scary, but the company seems to be doing well and signing deals with Sony and other partners.

#12337 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I personally added to my positions in Kroger’s and Pfizer.

I'm big on Pfizer right now, it's been a slow steady climber for months. The vaccine, it's booster, their research into Covid treatments and their lead on mRNA vaccines is all super promising.

#12399 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

A coworker was telling me she cannot fly into LAX without proof of vaccination; despite having proof that she had and recovered from Covid-19. This is getting crazy.

Crazy? I think it's expected for companies like airlines, cruise lines and large hotels. They will make far more money and have far more customers is they can provide a basic safety threshold of assuring all possible clients that their services are as safe and virus free as they can make them. Plus it shows they are looking our for their frontline staff's safety and well-being, which in turn makes staff want to work in places where large numbers of people are sharing air for long periods of time.

From what I can tell, most people that don't want the vaccine are also people that don't travel much or at all. Most people I know that travel alot were fist in line for vaccines and think of it as a necessary thing to do before travelling, especially if they are travelling to other countries. And it's more about not wanting to infect service staff or people in other countries, than self-protection.

#12416 2 years ago

From a business standpoint, I wouldn't think they'd want to wade into the conversations about vaccine or previous Covid infection effectiveness, immunity or side effects, that seems like a quagmire most businesses would avoid. Businesses are concerned on getting customers to come back and the path to get there is by showing your services are as safe and virus free as they can be. As much as you want to second guess how a business markets their products, it's hardly "crazy" for them to market them as safe or meeting some minimal safety standards. My friends that own bars, restaurants and other small businesses have bent over backwards building outdoor seating, investing in new HVAC systems, pulling seating, adding dividers, cleaning between clients, requiring and enforcing masking, and really trying to assure people their businesses are safe, it's not surprising that large corporations and businesses that are trying to rebound now are following a similar approach, which may include vaccine proof.

On a related note, for those interested in investing in Pfizer, May 6th is the ex-date to own shares by to get the June dividend, which looks like to be 39 cents a share.

#12425 2 years ago

All green for me today in stocks, crypto and index funds. Nothing like 16%, but I'll take 1.5-2% up every day I can get it.

#12437 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I am sure she was talking about the quarantine (which is still ridiculous) but I should have considered the source (she likes to exaggerate a bit). I wonder how they monitor that? You get in trouble if you get pulled over or get asked for your papers on the boardwalk, but can flout the rules if you get lucky? I guess I've been spoiled living in one of best states to be in during this. I can't imagine living in that kind of draconian BS environment.
And again, vaccine mandates will affect businesses negatively too, just like mask mandates did. I'll personally never go into Menards (formerly my favorite store) again as they would not allow you to enter without a mask for almost a year while all other stores were more lax. I will use any airline, cruise line, or go to any destination that doesn't require a vaccine 100% of the time over one that does. There are a lot of people who feel the same. I'm far too pro-freedom, and pro-science, to follow these kind of arbitrary, freedom-stealing, irrational fear-powered, rules meant to increase money and power for those who already have too much, under the guise of "safety".
Anyways, sorry for the only semi-relevant discussion. I'll stop talking about Covid-19 vaccines now.

Everything about your posts confuse me. Some highlights:
-You say you live in one of the best states to be in during this, but South Dakota has the third highest infection rate in the country and will go down in the history books as having one of the biggest super spreader events (Sturgis).
-You think mask mandates hurts businesses, when polling shows Americans overwhelmingly support them and feel more comfortable going into businesses with these safety protocols.
-You say you are pro-freedom and pro-science, but then show you are neither again and again.

Businesses should have every right to follow the safety protocols they think will bring them more customers and protect their employees. Yes, you are welcome not to go to those businesses. There is no rallying cry for freedom in fighting safety protocols, prolonging the pandemic, and causing more people to get infected.

#12452 2 years ago

Anyone watching what's happening with PINS after hours? Down 10%!

#12466 2 years ago

Is anyone invested in lumber? Lumber prices are up 230% from building demands and are expected to keep climbing. The best time to buy the stocks would have been a year ago, but it seems like it might be a good play for the next few months if prices keep going up.

#12472 2 years ago

All my pot up today. Today is a good day finally.

HITIF has been slowly creeping back up, I wish I bought more when it dropped 15%. I feel like I'm going to buy and sell it a couple more times.

#12508 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Still holding my CCIV. I think the odds of it going up between now and June/August are extremely high.
I am starting to get a bit worried about inflation. I am seriously considering taking some money out of my accounts (non retirement) and buying some Stern LEs and JJP CEs and just holding them for a few years NIB before selling. With the astronomical price increases we are seeing I feel like those would be a good hedge against inflation (a tangible asset) as well as pull a reasonable rate of return. Do you think a Stern LE would appreciate 10% per year NIB? I realize I could get stuck with a dud like Munsters but my only NIB (a Spooky Rick and Morty) is appreciating at 12% per year so far based off of pinside sales.
Talk me back from the ledge

You'd make a lot more money buying Bitcoin or property as a hedge against inflation.

#12509 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Gold and silver are getting hammered today

Gold has been on a downward trend since last August... coupled with lots of good economic news today, it's not surprising. Gold does well when people think the world is going to fall apart, with the new administration and the spread of the vaccine, people are feeling calmer/safer, less reason to stock up on gold and guns.

#12514 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I have a friend (another doc) who bought 100 Bitcoin for $10 each. He later sold 60 of them when they were at $100 each. He still has the other 40... That kind of exciting story is what gets people to keep buying in and expanding the bubble.

One of my friends has a similar story, he bought a bunch back in the day when they were like $1. He traded 3 for a pair of socks, apparently in the early days of bitcoin a woman was pretty well known for knitting cool socks for bitcoins when they were only worth $3-$4, I hope she held! He kept about 12 and says he's holding them until it breaks $500,000.

#12537 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

I sold off 90% of my Apple holdings right before earnings, anticipating a pullback. We have had a slight one so far. Do you think we will see below $120/share again?

Also right before the dividend. I partially did this with PINS, sold 50% before earnings and that turned out to be a good move, I didn't even consider it with Apple though. I guess time will tell which was the better play!

#12575 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

dumped almost all my miners at a loss except for the gamble on EXK thanks to KornFreak28 sold that one for 10% gain in 4 days - thanks reddit silver guys. I leave you with the bag.
Now I'm sitting on about 80% cash so I need to figure out what to do - wait for a pullback or keep playing the swings.

What happened with your other commodity stocks? Pfizer is still doing good for me, up 2.5% today, earnings statement and dividend cut off date is tomorrow, so it may drop on Wednesday.

#12609 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

As far as I can tell commodities are getting money, growth, bitcoin,gold, silver all down

What happened to that silver run? Did it never happen or was it just quick? Commodities feels like a good short term play, especially if the Market keeps crashing, but a lot of people here are going to buy the dips in tech and crypto because that's been a successful strategy for the past year. I'm just going to sit back and watch for a few days what trends emerge, rather than trying to predict it.

#12636 2 years ago

I sold out of PINS when it started to crash, I don't think I'd buy back in until I see the downward trend turn the corner.

Pfizer has been good to me, while my trading portfolio was almost all red many days during the past week, it kept chugging along in green. I bought more last week, before yesterday's earnings announcement and the dividend cut off. Despite the recent trends, when it did better than expected earnings, the stock jumped up I think 2% yesterday and it's looking like another 2+% day.

#12729 2 years ago

PFE is my only stock in the green this morning. Up 13% now on the shares I bought in March, up 6% on the shares I bought a month ago. LITE was up until the latest turn in tech stocks, earnings statement on Wednesday.

#12757 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm not sure if it should matter about the split but I believe they said Tesla split drove the price up (that doesn't make sense to me because the company financials are still the same). Maybe more people would invest in AMZN at $300/share than would at $3K/share.

I owned Amazon in the early years when there was 2 for 1 split and a 3 for 1 split, it always did great after the splits. Wish I'd kept those shares, but when it hit $450 a share, I was sure it could go no higher

#12807 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Show me all these ads for people offering $20/hr for washing dishes, I might move there. Maybe less riff raff where I live? I am not seeing what you are seeing at all. The issue you describe was an issue long before COVID.

It's $16.69 here, that's our minimum wage. I would bet when restaurants open up to full capacity again in 3 months they will be paying $20 an hour trying to fill those jobs. The thing is, the only way you can live on that wage in the city is if you live in a house full of people splitting rent. So the people working in the back of house in most restaurants are hispanic folks living in multigenerational households or commuting from outside the city where there is cheaper housing.

#12809 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Sold some Apple and all of Amazon (dead money for a year). Bought BAC and PYPL. Like both at these levels.

Good timing on PYPL, it's doing well today. I'm overall down on the shares I bought in March, but I have a feeling that will change soon.

#12814 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Again, just my opinion, but you guys buying growth right now should hold off, I think you are way to early. Just look at all the recent opportunity and find where the money is going.
https://www.barchart.com/etfs-funds/performance/percent-change/advances?timeFrame=1m
https://www.barchart.com/etfs-funds/performance/percent-change/advances?timeFrame=3m

All those commodity stocks that are going bonkers right now had terrible returns over 1 and 3 years. They've just exploded recently, but I'd be worried you are buying them at their peaks and they are going to crash back down to reality. The time to buy them was 6 months ago... do you think they can still keep climbing for 6 more months?

I'm mostly avoiding growth stocks as well, but the strategy in buying them now or soon is to pick them up when they are done crashing and ride them back up. A stock like Paypal definitely will go back up, especially with it's moves into crypto and all those new transaction fees there.

#12822 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Absolutely agree. My guy presented Square and PayPal to me today when we caught up. This is exactly what tipped the scales for me. I know a lot of your crypto guys don’t like PayPal for a variety of valid reasons but it is so easy to buy through there.

With all the news about crypto today and so many people just buying it for the first time, the easy entry points like Paypal, Robinhood and Coinbase will all get a lot of business. 50% of fewer of the people want to figure out how to transfer bitcoin from Coinbase into Kraken or Binance, it's just too many steps and kindsa confusing (and a little scary) the first time you do it. Paypal feels alot safer to newbies. They double their money in a few months with Ethereum, sell it, and Paypal rakes 1.8% or more of the total withraw.

#12828 2 years ago

Hitif doing 15-1 rs may 14.

Figures, I just sold mine 2 days ago. In the short term I'm pulling cash out and putting more of it in crypto, which is where I'm finding the most profit in the last couple months.

Pfizer still chugging along though!

#12862 2 years ago

Bought into SLVRF yesterday when it dropped low, my friend that's into mining stocks and buying metals recommended picking it up. It's gone up 5.75% since I bought it already, woo.

#12865 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Be careful - it is otc and will not be as easy to sell as if it was listed on a major exchange
I'm just watching from the sidelines, counting my cash for now....

Yeah, good heads up. I didn't invest too much, I'm exploring a few areas that might do well over the next few months as tech bounces around.

#12928 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Casinos in LV no longer require them. All plexi/lexan partitions removed. Costco and Trader Joe's said no masks as long as you are fully vaccinated. No one asked me for proof.....
As of now, Reno casinos require employees to wear masks until June 1st. Guests do not have to if fully vaccinated. They cannot ask to see you Vax card as it would violate your medical privacy.

This is regional, masks are still mandatory at Trader Joe's, Costco, etc. in my state. It doesn't change in my state until June 30th.

#12945 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Unclear exactly because not everyone produces the same level of immunity but I just read that natural immunity was around 8 months. IOW antibodies lasting around 8 months. This might also be why a booster will be needed for the vaccine.

I think the booster for the vaccine is more for the variants. I have an acquaintance that's an epidemiologist and he's posted a few articles on FB about research showing that immunity from the vaccine could still be very effective for years. Not true at all for natural immunity from having Covid, which is why the recommend everyone that's gotten it, still get the vaccine (as well as the vaccine ending a lot of lingering symptoms from the virus).

#12961 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Any way to invest in covid (the virus) - I think it has a lot of run to go.

Pfizer. I only started buying it a few months ago and it's been steadily going up, including again today. They've become a household name because of the vaccine and do have a dividend.

#12980 2 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Hope everyone held their HITIF....has been going up, up and up. And this is pre Nasdaq listing. Once RH and Webull get a hold of it, watch out.

I sold mine and went with a US pot stock for my pot play instead and bought CRON. So far it's up 4.25%, so I'm OK with that decision.

1 week later
#13117 2 years ago

I sold my HITIF a month or so ago and glad to be out of it, I went with Cron, the Marlboro backed US pot company, it just seemed like a bigger play. It's gone up 23.42%

2 weeks later
#13443 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Crypto however may have reached a peak.

Crypto is just getting started, it's in it's infancy and nowhere near its peak. Bigger banks and companies just started investing in it in the past year and we are just seeing it start to be used for credit cards, payments, ATMs, etc.

#13448 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It does. The people that were able to take advantage in 2008-2010 and buy up property cheap are all rich. Unfortunately, I was not in a position then to take advantage. I live in L.A. and it would be impossible to buy a house without a big loan. I want to live closer to the beach, (within walking distance) but the cheapest I can find that suits my needs is well over a million. Hopefully with 20% down and stable job, banks will loan to me. My current mortgage is just under $2000/mo at 3.1% so it should pay for itself if I rent it out. Right now it would rent for at least $3000/mo.

I think that window was a little bigger, we bought the current house in 2014 for 650K in an affluent Seattle neighborhood, it's worth about twice that now. I honestly have a hard time seeing the housing market in most big cities and their suburbs ever going down again in the next 20 years. There are more and more people wanting to live in these places, the demand goes up, especially in West Coast cities.

#13456 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Seriously, they are going to shut alternative currencies down, they have to.
The Official Coin will replace it.

How? And why? I think the US government is going to love it's revenue stream on taxing crypto too much to quit it.

#13490 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not sure how great legal drugs are for Portland, they’re out of control up there.

Someone from Florida weighs in on how drugs are out of control in the opposite corner of the country... OK, how is pot out of control in Portland?

#13502 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'd strongly consider getting out of Portland now that the entire riot squad just resigned.
Just in time for the new Federal "juneteenth" holiday...

The funny thing about reality vs. what you see on the news is Portland is a pretty sleepy liberal meets logger mid-sized city, the protests are usually confined to a few blocks and most of the rest of the city doesn't even realize they are happening. Lots of great independent and small neighborhood restaurants, breweries, bars, etc. It's a great town, I've always considered it as a place to move too, but it always feels a little small and boring to me compared to larger West Coast cities. Most of the West has legalized weed, it has zero to do with riots. And the West Coast version of a riot is a few dozen kids in black breaking some windows, tagging, yelling at the cops and then going home.

#13561 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m curious with California in drought the hydro plant will be forced to cut power, how will more EVs help the situation?

Wind and solar are huge in California, I drove by miles and miles of wind turbines outside of Palm Springs a few weeks ago on a road trip, California is definitely pushing to become energy independent.

#13563 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I kind of feel the same way about crypto. Sure it sounds awesome when you consider that we've all had it too good for too long. I realize we all do 'digital' now, but we also have the comfort of knowing we have paper to back it if shit hits the fan (if you don't have ANY cash in actual cash you are wrong). The way things are headed with all the division between not only the world, but just the US, I predict a large impactful war will be here in the next 10-15 years, and if you don't think EMP type weapons won't be at the top of the list....power grids and internet will be first things to go because it will hobble so much.
It's all a bit tin foil hattish at the moment because...again, we've had it pretty damn good for a long time and have gotten complacent. Having spent years in Afghanistan, I can tell you, we do have it pretty damn good.

Don't invest for end of the world scenarios, you won't make any money. You prepare for a worst case scenario, sure, but don't invest around something that likely will never happen.

#13584 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The problem with oil is the same problem with Ford, AT&T, etc. Old companies that are considered behind the times and are not favored. Oil is not favored, the stocks will remain low until something happens that brings it into favor. Other countries with the ability to manipulate oil prices aren't going to be who do it.

Yeah, I don't see a lot of long term growth there. Save for maybe Ford in the EV market, but Ford's stock has historically not moved a lot. I moved my big money in my Fidelity funds out of tech for a while and into big dividend funds, but last week I put it back in tech funds. And I'm glad I did, they've been outperforming the dividend funds considerably.

#13585 2 years ago

Can we talk pot stocks? I know a bunch of you are in them, what's doing well, what's not, what do you think will have a lot of growth in the future? I hopped off the HITIF train before the reverse split and went with CRONOS a little over a month ago, it's been a pretty good climb of about 18%. But I'm looking to diversify in another pot stock or two as a high growth short term investment.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/02/10/this-move-could-make-cronos-the-hottest-pot-stock/

#13601 2 years ago

"The pace of growth in the U.S. economy in the first quarter remained unrevised at a 6.4% annualized rate after the latest revision, the Commerce Department said Thursday. Economists surveyed by the Wall Street Journal had forecast no revision. Using more complete source data, the government found that upward revisions to business investment was offset by a larger international trade deficit.

The economy is expanding at a rapid rate as more Americans feel comfortable returning to work and leisure activities as the vaccination rollout combats the coronavirus pandemic. Federal Reserve officials see the economy growing at a 7% annualized rate this year, the fastest pace since 1984."

#13653 2 years ago

In my retirement index funds, I moved a big chunk out of tech funds to dividend funds in February when things were rocky, but I moved that money back into tech funds about 2 weeks ago. The tech funds have vastly outperformed the dividend funds in that short time period and I'm expecting that trend to continue. My more fun day trading and growth account I'm more active in has seen the biggest growth in tech and pot stocks over the past 3 months.

#13655 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ok, I hope it works out..really, I want us to all make money.

That's the goal, let's all make some money!

#13656 2 years ago

Today's market snapshot:

stocks (resized).pngstocks (resized).png
#13683 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Where do you get this from?

From here, it's a good visual of what's currently happening in the market since it's grouped by industry. The've got one for ETFs too. You can also adjust for larger snapshots like a month or 6 months.
https://finviz.com/map.ashx

#13733 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Just running up into earnings.

Yep, earnings announcement July 29th, people anticipating good news. I bought AAPL about 2 weeks ago hoping this would happen.

#13795 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Why? Just to have a slightly bigger screen? Anyway, there should be a choice for those who want it. All my friends and family miss the button. Steve Jobs put it there for a reason. The technology to swipe was there from the beginning.

Are all your friends and family 75 or older? I think Apple's success has always been growing, changing and innovation and they've gained more and more customers along the way, even if that means letting go of some things and forcing change upon consumers who often want things to always stay the same as they've always been.

#13796 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

My sister literally got this phone in the mail today from AT&T. They sent it to her gratis as they will be shutting down the 3G system for non-emergency calls soon.

Your sister is at about the same technology level as my Dad!

#13877 2 years ago

My stocks in the green today were AAPL, CRON (my pot stock), and one of my tech index funds. Mostly red too. Apple is almost up 10% from what I bought it at 3 weeks ago!

#13884 2 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

I backes up the truck on APPL March last year. I'm up 108%

Well played Thing!

1 week later
#14125 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I am rooting for you bro but I would not be buying Didi or Chinese stocks at this time. Too many external factors at this time.

I was in Nio for a while and felt a similar way and have been avoiding Chinese stocks as well, even thought there are some great companies with impressive plans and lots of growth potential. Both the Chinese and US governments can have too much influence on their fates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

667 posts in this topic match your search for posts by nwpinball. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nwpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders?tu=nwpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.