Image 4-6-24 at 11.42?AM (resized).jpeg
IMG_7948 (resized).jpeg
kuiil-have-spoken.gif
200w.gif
gold24 (resized).jpg
counting_coins_02.gif
IMG_1659 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 21,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 421.
#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

DLR stock has been a slow ride up and to the right, but under big pressure for the past 60 days... price now about the same as it was 2+ years ago. That said, they are in the sweet spot of the 'cloud' and the 'internet'. They own the buildings that power the internet. In the old days, banks and airlines and every other company built their own data centers. Now those companies just call up DLR (or anyone of a dozen other big suppliers) and essentially 'lease' that space long term. They can move in in months instead of waiting for new data centers to be built (waiting years).
Data center REITS are surely worth considering... but they are long games, up and to the right...

Good analysis - don't mind a long slow craw with a decent dividend
This is an interesting article
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/12/14/equinix-vs-digital-realty-trust-which-is-the-bette/

#6102 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Keep buying that Rocket

I love ya, @iceman44! Just having a little fun with you! Go RKT!

4qc0ih (resized).jpg4qc0ih (resized).jpg
#6103 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I got in at $110 today. But it is a slow kill today. Lots of stocks down. This one will bounce eventually when the market recovers.

What metric are you looking at that is giving you such confidence?

Don’t get me wrong, I love the company but I see the 60 times sales multiple and get woozy.

#6104 3 years ago

I just can't get into buying most equities at this price - I'm 55 and retired so risk avoidance is holding me back. On the defensive side of things, this has been my best pick so far:

MTA Mettala Royalty and Streaming

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I got in at $110 today. But it is a slow kill today. Lots of stocks down. This one will bounce eventually when the market recovers.

As a reminder, while you can try and find the highs and lows, getting in low and out high as possible, IF you miss a selling opp, rest assured AI is a solid player with longer term value so you WILL likely make money on the next selling high if you can just have patience.... (Or just do nothing, watching it grow slowly and watch your money double in 18 months or so)

#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I love ya, iceman44! Just having a little fun with you! Go RKT![quoted image]

Nice pop today!

#6107 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Speaking of REITs DLR is an interesting one

And EQIX. Those have been my two data center REITS

DLR is a better value right now. Brad Thomas has a "buy" on it.

#6108 3 years ago

As a reminder, while you can try and find the highs and lows, getting in low and out high as possible, IF you miss a selling opp, rest assured AI is a solid player with longer term value so you WILL likely make money on the next selling high if you can just have patience.... (Or just do nothing, watching it grow slowly and watch your money double in 18 months or so)

Thanks.. I'm gonna hold onto this one and maybe pickup a few more shares.

#6109 3 years ago

Just some food for thought....From a recent Bloomberg article.

Pandemic Idle Time: AirBnB Inc (NASDAQ: ABNB), DoorDash Inc (NYSE: DASH) and C3Ai Inc (NYSE: AI) each saw their valuations double after their listings this past week. Such first-day rallies this year are almost three times bigger than the average of the last 40 years, according to Bloomberg.

"While Federal Reserve stimulus may explain some of the frenzy, it’s hard not to also consider who rules public exchanges these days: the Robinhood posse," the financial news outlet said.

The convergence of no-commission trading and the pandemic has ushered in a new chapter in the history of stock trading.

“There seems to be an entire subculture of people that sort of follow the same things, talk to each other on social media and drive enthusiasm for individual issues. And sometimes it makes no fundamental sense to anybody,” Bloomberg quoted Art Hogan, chief market strategist at National Securities Corp., as saying.

Individual investors now make up a fifth of equity trading volume, in the same league as market makers and high-frequency traders, according to Bloomberg Intelligence.

Bubble Veterans: While acknowledging some differences, industry professionals have been talking a great deal lately about a possible replay of the 2000 dotcom bubble-burst.Outsized bursts of valuations lend credence to the idea that enthusiasm has outpaced reality.

Jay Ritter, professor of finance at the University of Florida’s Warrington College of Business, said this has been a demonstration of the "great fool’s theory" of trading: "They might say, ‘I think it’s going to go up even higher and I can sell my shares by waiting to sell to a greater fool later on.’”

#6110 3 years ago

I get what they are saying, but isn't this exactly what wall street does all day everyday? Now all the big institutions are pi**ed off because the wave of daytraders/investors are throwing a wrench into their game and they are not happy about it?

#6111 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just some food for thought....From a recent Bloomberg article.
"While Federal Reserve stimulus may explain some of the frenzy, it’s hard not to also consider who rules public exchanges these days: the Robinhood posse," the financial news outlet said.
The convergence of no-commission trading and the pandemic has ushered in a new chapter in the history of stock trading.
“There seems to be an entire subculture of people that sort of follow the same things, talk to each other on social media and drive enthusiasm for individual issues. And sometimes it makes no fundamental sense to anybody,” Bloomberg quoted Art Hogan, chief market strategist at National Securities Corp., as saying.

Hey, that’s me! I’ve gotten probably about a dozen of my friends and colleagues to sign up to Robinhood (and gotten those sweet-ass free stocks) and we all talk about what we’re trading. Most of them are small time like me. 5k or less.
Then my favorite coworker with a lot of money and almost no sense! He opened some incredible positions like Pacific drilling at $5+ a share, or that drug-maker penny stock I mentioned earlier. Loses thousands and doesn’t listen to my awesome picks.

Outrageous! Iceman worked hard on that advice for me to repeat and appear very savvy!

#6112 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And EQIX. Those have been my two data center REITS
DLR is a better value right now. Brad Thomas has a "buy" on it.

My families company did a large security project for EQIX in 2000. My parents bought some stock than. My dad hadn’t looked at it in many years and found out it was up 6000%. Obviously wish they would have bought more.

#6113 3 years ago

Anybody own/look at UTZ
I think it has some long term potential

Not a bad day to own potato chips

#6114 3 years ago

Apple up 4% today.

When you are riding Secretariat why would you ever get off of him to jump on some Nag?

For the 100th time. Own Apple and buy more when it goes on sale

#6115 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Apple up 4% today.
When you are riding Secretariat why would you ever get off of him to jump on some Nag?

Love me some Apple!

#6116 3 years ago

I'm stuck holding FSR...Down about 2 points....Got sucked into the EV craze and thought it could be a nice poor mans TSLA. Time will tell but Ill jump ship once/if I'm even

#6117 3 years ago

Can anyone explain how call option premiums can waiver this much on a flat day? How does this happen? ARKK closed at $124.30 (+.04%)Thanks!

0AED9B36-CE8A-404F-A039-EC576CBE6EC1 (resized).jpeg0AED9B36-CE8A-404F-A039-EC576CBE6EC1 (resized).jpeg
6B6DD80F-C74E-4026-B9AE-BBC8AC0E2D45 (resized).jpeg6B6DD80F-C74E-4026-B9AE-BBC8AC0E2D45 (resized).jpeg

#6118 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkstar1234:

Can anyone explain how call option premiums can waiver this much on a flat day? How does this happen? ARKK closed at $124.30 (+.04%)Thanks!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It makes sense for the ones expiring this week to drop fast since they are so close to expiration. The others losses seem a bit steep. The VIX dropped almost 9% yesterday and that means overall option premiums will drop since the market is expected to be less volatile with a lower VIX.

#6119 3 years ago

In the awkward position of being on both sides of this

Amzn vs. tdoc

Fight!

#6120 3 years ago

"So, we anticipate FSLY moving up the security value chain somewhat - with the acquisition of Signal Sciences being a step in the right direction (note Signal Sciences' 85% gross margin touted by FSLY). In addition, with the simple but appealingly oligopolistic nature of the CDN market, with just three players (FSLY, NET and Akamai (AKAM) taking the bulk of the market, we believe overall sector margins can move up as more and more companies turn to acceleration and the kind of edge computing services that FSLY and its brethren offer."

Set it and forget for the next 10 yrs. And buy on dips. FSLY and NET for me.

#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Apple up 4% today.

Broadly, there are two camps of investors... 1) day traders who try to leverage the swings for any company, and then there are 2) value buyers, that want to own strong successful companies and just watch their stocks grow. Apple is a great example of a stock to own and watch it grow. But you could also say the same thing about ADBE, CRWD, DOCU, EVBG, ISRG, LULU, MSFT, NFLX, NVDA, NOW, TMO, UNH and a slew of others. These are strong companies with deep differentiation and demonstrable personal commitment from the CEO to the rank and file employees.

For me it's mostly a VALUE approach, with some flyers on companies that have swings regularly. I would say for me probably 80% VALUE ownership, and 20% flyers. But this is a choice that must be made by each investor.

(And worth two reminders for newer traders reading this thread:
1) Playing swings creates SHORT-TERM capital gain, essentially taxed at your full tax rate like ordinary income. Whereas playing the VALUE game typically puts you in the LONG-TERM gain category, collecting about half of the TAX of SHORT TERM trading.
2) Playing swings requires significantly more time commitment from YOU to watch these stocks continuously. If you are not in a place in your life to dedicate that kind of time commitment each day, then this is likely a losing strategy for you)

#6122 3 years ago

1) Playing swings creates SHORT-TERM capital gain, essentially taxed at your full tax rate like ordinary income. Whereas playing the VALUE game typically puts you in the LONG-TERM gain category, collecting about half of the TAX of SHORT TERM trading.

100% agree, which is why it is critical to do SHORT-TEM trades in a tax advantaged account like an IRA.

#6123 3 years ago

Also, although Ice is a great asset to this thread - saying set it and forget it for 10 years is ridiculous. If you own stock in a company, please keep up with their earnings, management, etc. If you don't want to do the work, then buy a mutual fund.

#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Also, although Ice is a great asset to this thread - saying set it and forget it for 10 years is ridiculous. If you own stock in a company, please keep up with their earnings, management, etc. If you don't want to do the work, then buy a mutual fund.

SPACs, IMO, are much better than a mutual fund with way more potential to make a killing.

Mark this post... these SPACs will rip in the next several months.. disclaimer, I am invested heavily in each:

PSTH
RBAC
BTWN
VSPR

#6125 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I'm stuck holding FSR...Down about 2 points....Got sucked into the EV craze and thought it could be a nice poor mans TSLA. Time will tell but Ill jump ship once/if I'm even

I jumped in on this stock a while back at 17.40. It hovers between $14+ - $16. It's a hard call. It could go through the roof or it can fail a slow death. I think when the cars are actually produced, the stock will go up. The "Ocean" SUV and the emotion vehicles are probably the two nicest vehicles I've seen so far. Once they start manufacturing and selling if all goes well, we should see some good competition and rise in stock. The problem is with electric cars it will take
some time.

#6126 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

I jumped in on this stock a while back at 17.40. It hovers between $14+ - $16. It's a hard call. It could go through the roof or it can fail a slow death. I think when the cars are actually produced, the stock will go up. The "Ocean" SUV and the emotion vehicles are probably the two nicest vehicles I've seen so far. Once they start manufacturing and selling if all goes well, we should see some good competition and rise in stock. The problem is with electric cars it will take
some time.

The play on this was when FSR was a SPAC... with the ticker SPAQ. Made tons of $$ with the warrants pre-merger

#6127 3 years ago

Anybody else invested in pot stocks?
They have been my best performers this year
GRWG up 680% since April!

now up 917% and still rising

#6128 3 years ago

now up 917% and still rising

I have some planet 13, doing well with it! I’m going to start really looking into Psychedelics, high ceiling possibly.

#6129 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I have some planet 13, doing well with it! I’m going to start really looking into Psychedelics, high ceiling possibly.

all the pot stocks have been through the roof this year, but GRWG is the far and away winner
I think they have a lot more room to grow in 2021 as more states look for tax revenue

#6130 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"So, we anticipate FSLY moving up the security value chain somewhat - with the acquisition of Signal Sciences being a step in the right direction (note Signal Sciences' 85% gross margin touted by FSLY). In addition, with the simple but appealingly oligopolistic nature of the CDN market, with just three players (FSLY, NET and Akamai (AKAM) taking the bulk of the market, we believe overall sector margins can move up as more and more companies turn to acceleration and the kind of edge computing services that FSLY and its brethren offer."
Set it and forget for the next 10 yrs. And buy on dips. FSLY and NET for me.

FSLY up to $101.38, 6.64% today.

Buyout rumors are still lingering.

#6131 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

SPACs, IMO, are much better than a mutual fund with way more potential to make a killing.
Mark this post... these SPACs will rip in the next several months.. disclaimer, I am invested heavily in each:
PSTH
RBAC
BTWN
VSPR

KPG is back, what's up brother!

Add OAC to that list.

https://seekingalpha.com/research/706785-andres-cardenal-cfa/5532901-research-report-oaktree-acquisition-corp

#6132 3 years ago

Speaking of "long term" and buying at IPO levels in the 30's, and oldie but goodie is popping today!

MDB Mongo

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3645346-mongodb-shares-climb-5-after-morgan-stanley-upgrade-street-high-price-target-on-30-durable

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I bought on your recommendation yesterday. Solid return for days investment.

#6134 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Speaking of "long term" and buying at IPO levels in the 30's, and oldie but goodie is popping today!
MDB Mongo
https://seekingalpha.com/news/3645346-mongodb-shares-climb-5-after-morgan-stanley-upgrade-street-high-price-target-on-30-durable

Really happy for my friends at Mongo. I had them 3rd on my list of pure play analytics/data companies that you can buy right now that I posted the other day (below). There are so many data companies looking to IPO next year that it is going to be exciting but choppy. Do your diligence is all I can say.

DBLM's list:

My pure-play analytics/data plays for companies that are publicly traded right now in order would be:
Salesforce
Palantir
MongoDB
Elastic
C3.AI
Splunk
You are going to see a ton of AI/data companies hit next year. Pick your targets and ranges now.

#6135 3 years ago

Big move on LULU today. Anybody in this besides me and Ice?

#6136 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I am in on LULU since early-2017. It's the highest performing single line item in my portfolio. A guy at one of the big-5 non-discounted brokerages suggested it right before I grabbed my assets and decided to start running it myself.

#6137 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Really happy for my friends at Mongo. I had them 3rd on my list of pure play analytics/data companies that you can buy right now that I posted the other day (below). There are so many data companies looking to IPO next year that it is going to be exciting but choppy. Do your diligence is all I can say.
DBLM's list:
My pure-play analytics/data plays for companies that are publicly traded right now in order would be:
Salesforce
Palantir
MongoDB
Elastic
C3.AI
Splunk
You are going to see a ton of AI/data companies hit next year. Pick your targets and ranges now.

Like em all!

What’s your top ones for 2021 IPO

#6138 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like em all!
What’s your top ones for 2021 IPO

I am not publicly commenting on future things for that market sector. In tech in general, I am a big fan of UIPath in the RPA space. Great company winning a lot of business. You can add that to my Palantir and C3.AI calls.

#6139 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I’ve got a 390 March call that I’m hoping will print. I’m a bit more optimistic today.

Confounded by this stock’s movement. Significant earnings beat and the stock takes a dump, then partially recovers today based on ... what? The rumor of a stimulus deal?

Oh well. Why try to understand it.

#6140 3 years ago

Also. Bitcoin. Holy cannoli.

#6141 3 years ago

Trade Desk is just a money printer of late. Thanks Ice - just skimmed a bit of profits out to buy the Ms. a new treadmill.

#6142 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

My 12 year Daughter just bought 1 share of LULU this morning to add to her mini portfolio I set her up with a few months ago. She loves their clothes and also going to the mall, eating at Chipotle, drinking Starbucks, checking out stuff on her iPhone and pinning ideas and stuff to buy on her board on Pinterest. ✅✅✅✅✅✅ These kids are the future. She owns SBUX AAPL and TSLA also

My 14 year old Son’s first purchase a on his account a few months ago was 10 shares Of NET at $40. I didn’t guide or direct him on that one. Heck I don’t even own it?! It’s over $80 now. His first double bagger. So proud!

#6143 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like TDOC buying LVGO kind of buy out?

#6144 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

yup... we are just at the beginning of the big institutions investing
Bitcoin is going to be a better investment than gold for this generation
(especially when Goldman Sachs is saying the opposite)

https://www.cnbc.com/select/visa-backs-first-credit-card-to-offer-bitcoin-rewards/

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4395316-unstoppable-force-of-bitcoin

#6145 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Bitcoin never disappoints me! I kept telling folks, once it pops past the ATH, and hits 20k it’s off to the races. Expect sell-off from weak-willed and those with a feeble constitution. The HODLers and the bulls will charge this baby to double, maybe even triple!

For reference we’re consolidating at 23k, primed for another jump

#6146 3 years ago

Today and Monday should be interesting for Tesla! Price action will be crazy, I wonder how much of a cool down we will see in the weeks that follow after the run up?

#6147 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

Today and Monday should be interesting for Tesla! Price action will be crazy, I wonder how much of a cool down we will see in the weeks that follow after the run up?

My dad bought 10k in Tesla on Wednesday. I told him it was over priced and I wouldn’t do it. He is looking pretty good right now.

We will see how it goes long term.

#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from athenspin:

I think TSLA hits its all time high between 3:45 and 3:55 EST today and doesn't hit a number that big again until... 2028. I say it flashes up briefly to $783 per share.

WAY to risky for me at this point. I've dipped my toe in TSLA a few times but at these dollars it makes no sense to me.

It is my understanding that there is literally ~100 billions of dollars that have to go into the stock by S&P matching and mirroring funds by the end of the day. If the market cap is currently $630 billion, that would imply a 16% rise, bringing us to ~ $783.

Bear in mind if I had any confidence in my guess here I'd sell everythign and buy TSLA now, expecting to sell it near the end of the day.

#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

My dad bought 10k in Tesla on Wednesday. I told him it was over priced and I wouldn’t do it. He is looking pretty good right now.
We will see how it goes long term.

Lots of innovation coming down the pipeline, who knows in 3-5 yrs these prices could look cheap! It’s my largest position, at this point I only nibble on dips.

#6150 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think TSLA hits its all time high between 3:45 and 3:55 EST today and doesn't hit a number that big again until... 2028. I say it flashes up briefly to $783 per share.
WAY to risky for me at this point. I've dipped my toe in TSLA a few times but at these dollars it makes no sense to me.
It is my understanding that there is literally ~100 billions of dollars that have to go into the stock by S&P matching and mirroring funds by the end of the day. If the market cap is currently $630 billion, that would imply a 16% rise, bringing us to ~ $783.
Bear in mind if I had any confidence in my guess here I'd sell everythign and buy TSLA now, expecting to sell it near the end of the day.

I think a lot of people know this and swing traders have been and will have a hey day today and Monday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 21,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 421.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stock-market-traders/page/123?hl=darkstar1234 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.