Godzilla (resized).jpeg
PXL_20231130_201100877 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_180754164 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240415_201849415 (resized).jpg
IMG_2601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2538 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1374 Removing the ugly Insider sticker on the backbox. Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #1795 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Magnet swing adjustments Posted by PinMonk (2 years ago)

Post #3000 Register Your Game With Insider Connected Posted by TrixTrix (2 years ago)

Post #3546 TECH:LIGHTING. Backbox brightness adjustment PSA Posted by Chisox (2 years ago)

Post #4481 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Building stepper adjustment settings Posted by Palmer (2 years ago)

Post #6364 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Bridge and Building adjustments Posted by koops (2 years ago)

Post #6745 MOD: Flame Speaker light kit Posted by DugFreez (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don_C.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2789 2 years ago

I got two of them shipped to me, twice as much useless crap. They are embarrassing for Stern and anyone who gets one.

I'd say "Nice try", but they missed by a mile.

I display them proudly and ironically.

Hard to believe the same company made my Godzilla LE, which is fantastic.

1 year later
#18642 1 year ago

Probably Godzilla vs Megalon

7 months later
#24285 7 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

How do you handle playing hunched over? I’m only 6’3” and it starts bothering my back

When we set up our Godzilla LE, we noticed that G, properly sloped, is much lower at the lockbar than my 1990s Bally Williams games. By almost two inches. G was at about 35.5" and Addams, SoF and others are at 37".

Bought some super long stem leg levelers, but to get the slope I still had to make wood blocks (with counterbored holes to fit the levellers) for the back legs.

Much more comfortable. I'm 6' 5".

Looked around the game room and realized that WoZ and TNA needed the same treatment.

Makes a big difference for me!

#24290 7 months ago
Quoted from zahner:

Something sounds a bit off to me. You should be able to get a proper slope (around 6.5 degrees) without wood blocks, absent your floor being very sloped. Is the bubble at the base of the shooter lane on Godzilla between the lines? You can also use your phone like a torpedo level (and there are even pinball leveling apps for the iPhone) and that works pretty well so long as your phone back is flat.
Just seems a bit odd to me.

Good question, here's the whole boring story.

So I have reallllly long levelers (non-standard, order on Amazon) in front and they are all the way out, to get the lockbar to 37". That's non-negotiable, according to my lower back. Then the back ones (even with the mega levellers) don't have enough extra height to give the slope. The wood block allows the long levelers in back to be screwed in a bit so I have slope adjustment. Plus, the wood blocks/long levelers is (and looks) more secure than than just a long threaded shank alone.

My original idea was a coupling nut and pieces of threaded rod to make a leveller shank as long as you want. But it looked scary and may not have been as secure.

Digital level on the playfield.

Floor is 110 year old concrete poured over mud. Sloped to a drain.

Looks are important on Godzilla, I painted the wood blocks a nice semigloss black!

#24293 7 months ago
Quoted from zahner:

Everything makes sense except the wood blocks need to be painted Godzilla green with red trim!
I feel your pain re the floor. I converted our garage into an air conditioned Xanadu and love it, but the garage floor slope is still there and my pins are perpendicular to that slope. I have to extend the left side levelers further out than the right!

How about 3D printed Godzilla feet, custom paint, LEDs? Let's go, modders!

1 week later
#24423 6 months ago

Gold discovered!

After 1156 games the lower flipper coil stops have failed. Build date Oct 25, 2021. Stops are very loose in their brackets. Upper flipper stop is ok, normal wear. Replaced all 3 along w their coil sleeves.

Nice and snappy now!

#24446 6 months ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Were these the original stops?

Yes. I should have replaced them some time ago, the stops are very loose in the bracket and the little brass rings between the two were partially disintegrated, resulting in the gold colored dust under the flippers in the cabinet.

They are failing prematurely compared to old B/W stops, or for that matter, old coil stops from any company. Opinion based on three decades of collecting games from the 1940s through to Godzilla.

The gap that opens between the stop and bracket created extra air gap in the flippers ' magnetic circuits, directly affecting the power and repeatability of the flippers.

New coil stops are not expensive, they are easy to change, so let's all buy big bags of them and get to work.

1 month later
#24898 5 months ago

Shaker Squeak Solution. My Godzilla started squeaking, I removed shaker assembly and lubricated the bearings. No improvement.

Noticed that the squeak only happens in one direction. Also, the squeak is coming from the commutator and brushes, not the bearings.

Put a reversible (non-polarized) connector in the supply wires. Reversing the usual polarity solved the squeak. If it reappears , I just open the coin door and reverse the connection once again.

Should help the commutator wear more evenly. You could use a dpdt switch instead of a connector. I saw the mod from Pinball Life for $5, but I'm not sure what approach that design takes.

1 month later
#25585 4 months ago
Quoted from salbol1:

Ok, first an inane observation on "Head"ora -- every time that graphic comes up it just seems like Hedora is fellating the stack, and it just makes me wonder where the wife is at the moment.....allright, just me being an idiot, I know....Now the serious question regarding the magnet. In every location where I've played the game on a route, the ball will curl up to the left on the magnet prior to release for destruction jackpot - landing it pretty well on the flip to obtain that loop. My game is on v 1.08, on the Adjustments-Game menu, what is the difference/functions between setting #212 GZ Magnet Pulse Draw Time Fast (set at 250 right now) and setting #213 Magnet Pulse Draw Time Slow which is set at 290. How do the two of those work in conjunction to either guide the ball up the left ramp on the curl-around, or hold the ball steady in prep for destruction jackpot or just a regular magent hold?
The top of the game is leveled out, but it just seems like I don't get a good magnet drop most of the time.

That's most definitely an industrial bong hit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 210.00
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 35.00
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Don_C.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-official-owners-club?tu=Don_C and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.