20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 130.
#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Have you considered that maybe the bottom side and board set as well as other advancements down there could be a huge positive not a negative surprise?

Could be awesome. Could be concerning.

These are trust issues. Prior to blowing up your years-long well-earned trust with the (ongoing) Halloween/Ultraman debacle that has been one negative surprise after another, rolling out over 18 months with no conclusion in sight, it would be easy to give Spooky the benefit of the doubt. But now you're in a position of needing to earn that trust back. Hiding or obfuscating important details from your customers is not an option when you're asking for real money up front with a very recent terrible track record on a number of fronts.

I'm definitely interested in the pin. The playfield and sculpts looks great. But I'll make a decision on buying one once a lot more information and gameplay is available.

#1052 1 year ago

Case closed - you’ve seen enough you meddling kids!

FA48FA72-D6D9-44DD-9A43-4C13B8AEB67C.jpegFA48FA72-D6D9-44DD-9A43-4C13B8AEB67C.jpeg

#1053 1 year ago

I haven't seen a Scooby Doo episode in close to 40 years but saw that the original series is streaming on HBO Max and watched a couple episodes. The show really holds up and it's crazy how much I remember from when I was a kid. It's hard to believe this is the first time it's been licensed for a pin. The theme is really perfect for pinball and I know Spooky will do it justice.

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Its $1400 for this pin not 1000. Probably bc larger and more expensive now. I'm getting it on mine because of the art. Not worth it on TNA. Looks amazing on halloween.

Good call on artwork on this one. Halloween artwork looks soooooo sexy.

I have no clue if my Rob Zombie is a butter or not but I love the work on that and once again Halloween does look amazing.

#1055 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Have you considered that maybe the bottom side and board set as well as other advancements down there could be a huge positive not a negative surprise?

As long as it's backwards compatible with HWN/UM.

I own three Spooky games and they're equipped with three completely different boardsets. Besides the lack of serviceability, the fact HWN/UM software had to be written from scratch for pinotaur and thus barebones on features kinda sucks. Please choose a system and stick with it for a while.

The Scooby game looks fantastic. Hoping for no unpleasant surprises this time!

#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We will be scheduling a live stream of game about the same timeline as we usually do!

So you're not showing gameplay until after you're opening for orders and taking non-refundable deposits?

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I believe we have done what we need to do to present a fun game at launch!

You showed a very compelling teaser trailer of the game. It looks fantastic. I'm rooting for Spooky and your success.

But no, you haven't not actually presented the game, you just showed a nice preview. You're asking for non-refundable deposits. If you can't show gameplay yet because you don't have licensor approval or something maybe you're not ready to take people's money.

I can't root for that.

#1057 1 year ago

No gameplay. No non-refundable from me!

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So you're not showing gameplay until after you're opening for orders and taking non-refundable deposits?

You showed a very compelling teaser trailer of the game. It looks fantastic. I'm rooting for Spooky and your success.
But no, you haven't not actually presented the game, you just showed a nice preview. You're asking for non-refundable deposits. If you can't show gameplay yet because you don't have licensor approval or something maybe you're not ready to take people's money.
I can't root for that.

Didn’t the second video have gameplay?

#1059 1 year ago

People keep saying this is the "norm"

Here is American Pinball. Hot Wheels announced June 10
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/hot-wheels-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

Then a full gameplay stream with the AP team on June 13

#1060 1 year ago

Out until real gameplay. Ultraman was my lesson on that non-refundable shit!

#1061 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

So can anyone recommend a distributor to call for one of these ?

Kingpin Games

#1062 1 year ago

Anyone considering giving this company a non refundable deposit needs to look at the wreckage in the Halloween thread. Big time hype reveal followed by a blood bath in losses of people trying to get out of their deposit that was largely set off by the actual game play stream. It’s so disappointing they didn’t change their ways after what happened.

#1063 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You get the gameplay in the trailer, which is fine, plus you get a long live stream very shortly thereafter.
Stern isn't asking for a large, non-refundable deposit.
Stern isn't making 1900 LEs. The vast majority of these flex assembles will be CEs, so of the 1969, there will be a LOT of CEs. Spooky is asking customers to jump in blindly again when a lot of the issues that led to the Halloween/Ultraman debacle are present again and the "murder" of programmers Spooky has still hasn't delivered a great (or even good, according to some) H/U experience. Could the outcome be different this time? Maybe. But no one knows, and the inexperienced design/code team, lack of gameplay (in an edited trailer or live), and cagey avoidance of confirming what board set this is using are three pretty big red flags.

As a customer of yours, its a turn off you trolling the way you do. You claim to have all the fixes and all the answers so go build a game and lets see how everyone likes it. Is Stern or anyone else raising up the playfield or announcing what board set they're using?
Also, I don't know when the last time you've ordered a Stern LE, but lately Stern wants the payment in full, not a deposit. Do you think Stern is offering refunds through for the games they sell direct?

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

No, it had some nicely edited footage of the ball on the playfield. It was a great teaser trailer, but it was not remotely anything like showing gameplay.

People may feel differently, I suspect when most ask for it they want unedited footage of play. They want to see the ball in play in a real game. They want to hear some callouts in context. Seeing the LCD would be pretty nice too.

They want a sense of what they're buying. That doesn't strike me as unreasonable. I don't think anyone thinks the game is "done", but if they can't show a flipping work-in-progress game with a basic sense of what it's going to be like yet are they ready to take your money?

Your call I guess. I think it's not a practice that does the hobby favors, and we should collectively feel like it's something to speak up about. Even if you're not buying this one, or are undecided, the next company to make a game you want might think it's a standard thing you can get away with.

#1065 1 year ago

It's not really gameplay though. It's just showing the mechanisms function.

There are some hints, like you get a glimpse of the UI (which looks great - I'm not asking to see the gameplay to simply shit on it)

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

My wounds have not healed from the Ultraman burn.

Quoted from Vecna:

Gameplay video a must!! My ass and wallet is still burnt from Ultraman. Good luck to day one buyer.

Quoted from Vecna:

Out until real gameplay. Ultraman was my lesson on that non-refundable shit!

So man what'd you think of your Ultraman

#1067 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Ultimately I would hope we could be allowed to make decisions based on our own personal finances and risk tolerances.

I'm pretty sure his post didn't bar you from buying the game. Go nuts.

Quoted from thekaiser82:

I do get tired of people always trying to “save me from myself”.

If you find yourself in this position a lot, well, no comment.

#1068 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

As a customer of yours, its a turn off you trolling the way you do.

Haha, that's some weak sauce. Trying to cow someone by pulling the customer card. Let PinMonk speak. They weren't personally attacking anyone or being rude or "trolling".

Feel free to never buy anything from me if politely sharing my opinion in a forum bothers you.

You claim to have all the fixes and all the answers so go build a game and lets see how everyone likes it.

I did that. People were assholes about it, and you know what? A lot of them were right. The company was shady as shit and deserved to be called out on it. Some people tried to silence the doubters. They shouldn't have.

Making pinball is hard. I respect Spooky a TON. This game package is top notch. Really, just A+ work. That doesn't mean they should get a pass on showing gameplay before taking people's money.

#1069 1 year ago

Halloween #162. Love it, and can't wait to be one that has it with the new code update!

I personally love the FOMO new pins bring. If you want it, buy it. If you don't be spooked you will NEVER find one again.. So dumb.

#1070 1 year ago

Everyone whining about no live gameplay footage before orders open and non refundable deposits - just don’t f*n order the game until you’re happy to lock in a deposit. Simple solution. No one owes you anything. No one is “taking” your money. You are giving it to them. Just don’t give it until you’re happy.

#1071 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, that's some weak sauce. Trying to cow someone by pulling the customer card. Let PinMonk speak. They weren't personally attacking anyone or being rude or "trolling".
Feel free to never buy anything from me if politely sharing my opinion in a forum bothers you.

I did that. People were assholes about it, and you know what? A lot of them were right. The company was shady as shit and deserved to be called out on it. Some people tried to silence the doubters. They shouldn't have.
Making pinball is hard. I respect Spooky a TON. This game package is top notch. Really, just A+ work. That doesn't mean they should get a pass on showing gameplay before taking people's money.

You're even worse. You bitched for years tearing everyone's art and fonts apart. Then you did Alien...

#1072 1 year ago

Spooky doo

#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Everyone whining about no live gameplay footage before orders open and non refundable deposits - just don’t f*n order the game until you’re happy to lock in a deposit. Simple solution. No one owes you anything. No one is “taking” your money. You are giving it to them. Just don’t give it until you’re happy.

Seems like such a simple concept, yet here we are....post after post of the same ole thing.

#1074 1 year ago

Is there... co-op?!

#1075 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

So man what'd you think of your Ultraman

Sucked!

#1076 1 year ago

You're even worse. You bitched for years tearing everyone's art and fonts apart. Then you did Alien...

What I didn't do was personally attack people. And when people criticized Alien they were fully in the right to do so and I never tried to shut them up. If they were personal jerks about it I blocked them and moved on.

Anyways, as I said, feel free to not buy any of my mods.

In the meantime I think the fonts on this game look great. Love the insert text. Clearly a package done with love, Spooky's art game is on point these days.

#1077 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Is there... co-op?!

I was curious about this as it features 5 player play. I wonder if the characters are different (like TMNT) or just an easier way to remember player order (different Morties on R&M).

#1078 1 year ago
fencea (resized).jpgfencea (resized).jpg
#1079 1 year ago

I’m in on a CE - will be my first Spooky machine! Zoinks I hope I know what I’m getting into …

#1080 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:What I didn't do was personally attack people. And when people criticized Alien they were fully in the right to do so and I never tried to shut them up. If they were personal jerks about it I blocked them and moved on.
Anyways, as I said, feel free to not buy any of my mods.
In the meantime I think the fonts on this game look great. Love the insert text. Clearly a package done with love, Spooky's art game is on point these days.

Cool story. Not sure why we're talking about whatever you're selling since I was talking to PinMonk. But noted..

#1081 1 year ago

This topic begs for a poll, and I’m really truly interested in the numbers of what people are actually going to do when they wake up to this coming Friday morning

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-poll-pulling-the-trigger-with-no-gameplay-reveal#post-7278880

#1082 1 year ago

Everyone that is going to put money out should have a opportunity to see real gameplay. Buyers should want to see it. Spooky should want to provide it. Not just the ball rolling around with Scooby Doobie Doo playing in the background.

#1083 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Zoinks I hope I know what I’m getting into …

You are going to get a really nice pin from some great people in Wisconsin.
A lot of the negatives you hear around here are from the same people whining about how they didn't get the opportunity to flip one of their games for a quick profit.

Congrats and be excited, what we have seen so far looks amazing. And that CE art package...damn!

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It is mainly flippers moaning. Game is priced for them to do some scalping. The $2K non refundable is to help get rid of the flipping.

#1085 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's hard to believe this is the first time it's been licensed for a pin.

In a way I’m kind of glad it took until this moment in time, so Spooky could use the artists they wanted on it & have it look so good. I feel like if this was done in the 80’s or 90’s, you’d have that “stiff airbrushed VHS cover/cereal box” style art.

#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I was curious about this as it features 5 player play. I wonder if the characters are different (like TMNT) or just an easier way to remember player order (different Morties on R&M).

I'm hoping you can choose a character, and each character (there are 5!) has a skill/perk to contribute to the gang during missions.

#1087 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

KingPinGames - [email protected]
PinballStar - [email protected]
Nitro - [email protected]
Flip n Out - [email protected]
Classic Game Rooms - [email protected]
there might be more, but that is what comes to mind.

classy!!, not many others would post links of competitors.

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I'm hoping you can choose a character, and each character (there are 5!) has a skill/perk to contribute to the gang during missions.

There must be, if I understand correctly this is also a 5 player game. Any game in the past have more than four players? I have no idea.

#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, it had some nicely edited footage of the ball on the playfield. It was a great teaser trailer, but it was not remotely anything like showing gameplay.
People may feel differently, I suspect when most ask for it they want unedited footage of play. They want to see the ball in play in a real game. They want to hear some callouts in context. Seeing the LCD would be pretty nice too.
They want a sense of what they're buying. That doesn't strike me as unreasonable. I don't think anyone thinks the game is "done", but if they can't show a flipping work-in-progress game with a basic sense of what it's going to be like yet are they ready to take your money?
Your call I guess. I think it's not a practice that does the hobby favors, and we should collectively feel like it's something to speak up about. Even if you're not buying this one, or are undecided, the next company to make a game you want might think it's a standard thing you can get away with.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's not really gameplay though. It's just showing the mechanisms function.
There are some hints, like you get a glimpse of the UI (which looks great - I'm not asking to see the gameplay to simply shit on it)

Okay gotcha. I see what you mean. Edited gameplay could be smoke and mirrors!

#1090 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

classy!!, not many others would post links of competitors.

And maybe a hint about the number of presales they got for SD

#1091 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In a way I’m kind of glad it took until this moment in time, so Spooky could use the artists they wanted on it & have it look so good. I feel like if this was done in the 80’s or 90’s, you’d have that “stiff airbrushed VHS cover/cereal box” style art.

Or worse, given the Flintstones treatment.

The longest running animated show in history until the Simpsons finally knocked it off the throne and what did pinball companies think we wanted?

flint (resized).pngflint (resized).png

Imagine what this thread would look like if this was the license:

scooby (resized).pngscooby (resized).png

#1092 1 year ago

There's a difference between a few 3 second clips spliced into a trailer video and seeing multiple games streamed on it. If I can't play it before I'm asked to put down money, I want to either view it fully functioning, or maybe even watch a review video from someone impartial who has experienced it for a sizeable duration.

Had to watch a review video before putting a small deposit on a mountain bike 2 weeks ago, and once built I got to put my hands on it at least prior to buying. People test drive cars (cargument!) and there's countless review websites for whatever model you're buying. I have a (refundable) deposit on the electric Silverado and I'll fully know that thing inside and out before they see another cent of mine.

And though the full gameplay videos and Deadflip streams from Stern can take some time, they usually follow the announcement with a few videos - usually two of which showing the Pro and Prem separately and what each includes. That way you're not trying to imagine how the feature matrix translates to playfield.

I was under the impression that we were getting gameplay tomorrow. Still super psyched about this game, but I'm going to need to see real, full video gameplay via a lengthy stream before I commit to what will probably be an SE.

#1093 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

There must be, if I understand correctly this is also a 5 player game. Any game in the past have more than four players? I have no idea.

There have been games with more then four players in the past, but in this case it makes sense to have the full gang on the case, including Scooby.

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Wasn't Baywatch 6?

#1095 1 year ago

Six Million Dollar Man is a famous 6 player game. Bally blowing out their inventory of 6 digit displays as they transitioned to 7!

Some Sega games have 6 player modes too.

#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

So can anyone recommend a distributor to call for one of these ?

Cointaker and PinballSTAR are both Spooky Distros.

RM

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is mainly flippers moaning. Game is priced for them to do some scalping. The $2K non refundable is to help get rid of the flipping.

On the other side some will be locked in due to FOMO and non-refundable deposits. Just show the gameplay and let the people see and make a decision for themselves and no one gets hurt. Simple ! Maybe Spooky wants to lock the money. Hmmmm! If the gameplay and code is no good people will turn away.

If they like it bingo buy it.

#1098 1 year ago

As a customer of yours, its a turn off you trolling the way you do. You claim to have all the fixes and all the answers so go build a game and lets see how everyone likes it. Is Stern or anyone else raising up the playfield or announcing what board set they're using?
Also, I don't know when the last time you've ordered a Stern LE, but lately Stern wants the payment in full, not a deposit. Do you think Stern is offering refunds through for the games they sell direct?

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm not trolling. As a POTENTIAL SCOOBY CUSTOMER I'm asking very important questions, looking for more information/reassurance so I know this is not going to be another Halloween/Ultraman situation. I *almost* was in on an Ultraman, but boy am I glad I didn't do it. Scooby looks fantastic, but there are a lot of similar red flags and more avoidance of direct questions.

Don't care about LEs at Stern. Doesn't matter since with the flex assembly Spooky does, the entire run could be LEs (or actually CEs, LE+ equivalent). I rarely get Stern LEs anyway, since I try to get the first pins off the line and that's usually Pros.

Just because I sell mods doesn't mean I'm not a pinball fan first and foremost. I'm not going to ignore information obfuscations on a pin I'm very interested in buying. I've had people threaten to boycott my mods because I expressed an opinion on some pin in some thread (which I do a lot). Well, I would be sorry to see someone go for something so silly as a difference of opinion, but people need to do what they need to do.

#1099 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

On the other side some will be locked in due to FOMO and non-refundable deposits. Just show the gameplay and let the people see and make a decision for themselves and no one gets hurt. Simple ! Maybe Spooky wants to lock the money. Hmmmm! If the gameplay and code is no good people will turn away.

You said you were out unless you see gameplay.

So. Go. Come back when there's gameplay.

Nobody who doesn't buy a spot risks losing anything. Perhaps that is too simple a concept for you?

#1100 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

If they like it bingo buy it.

My hot take: Spooky is doing the “up to 1969” to help ease the FOMO. That’s a higher number than any game they’ve done - but, they don’t HAVE to do that many unless that demand is there. It’s still a limit, but the limit is flexible (until #1969 in any case). No one has to rush. Scooby maniacs will buy early. We’ll see gameplay or be able to play while they’re still in production, and if you like it - you can order one later and still get one. Win for all, IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dow, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/22?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.