20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 130.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Spooky lost many flippers after the Ultraman and Halloween

Fixed that for you.

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I don't think we are going to let you down! This game is the most stunning game we have put together. It really is beautiful

A Dream will Comes true thanks from France my overseas friends !

#353 1 year ago

It’s not really that sad.

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Exactly. What is so hard to follow? It’s based on the first 2 seasons most likely and scrappy came much later. Everyone just relax about scrappy. And there will be no Scooby Dumb either.

I would think it’s based off 196

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I don't think we are going to let you down! This game is the most stunning game we have put together. It really is beautiful

Oh that’s what I’m talking about Spooky man I’m excited can’t wait to see something let’s do it Spooky lol.

#355 1 year ago

Here is a hint posted by Spooky a few minutes ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#356 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am referring to the release of Halloween.
Spooky did not say only 1250 CE’s would be made before the order day release.
They didn’t want anyone who wanted a CE not to miss out, so the amount of CE’s ordered determined how many were made, which lead to the price crash of Halloween.
If I would have known that I would have waited and saved 2k.

They advised of the production limit prior to the orders opening up. July 5th, all info dropped. July 7th, orders opened up.

EDIT: I saw others pointed this out. Wasn't trying to pile on.

#357 1 year ago

Spooky lost many Customers after the Ultraman and Halloween, think that's when Spooky jumped the Shark.
Hopefully Scooby Do will 'reset' and 'vindicate' the company in the pinball community. Hopefully they start
working on a Merit based marketing campaign vs FOMO marketing scheme. Sadly I'm out.

Spooky doesn't need any 'vindication' from me - they are the most honest, helpful, passionate, transparent pinball company that's ever existed. They pick licenses that I love and they make fun games.

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Spooky doesn't need any 'vindication' from me - they are the most honest, helpful, passionate, transparent pinball company that's ever existed. They pick licenses that I love and they make fun games.

Fuck ya man
The game is gonna destroy they got this can’t wait

#360 1 year ago

I never followed Spooky very closely because I was never very interested in their machines, but I am very interested in Scooby Doo. I did not know the difference between there games levels or their prices. I found a good article on Halloween's games differences and prices at "This Week In Pinball" July 5, 2011, Halloween's Collector's Edition was $8,995, Blood Sucker Edition was $7,995 and Standard Edition was $6,995. The article does not talk about the "butter" cabinet, but it sounds like that was a $1,000 upgrade that gives you cabinet artwork a glossy finish that looks like a playfield. https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/spooky-announces-halloween-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

#361 1 year ago

Could be another design from Charlie, been awhile since his last game. Or might be the game David Van Es had been working on for them

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So just like Bond?

Not even remotely close. Bond on the .58 code (it's shipping at over .7 now) was miles ahead of how my UM arrived.

#363 1 year ago

They sure need vindication in my opinion. Couldn't get crap for Ultraman after waiting a year for the code to get fixed. Still burning trash pile IMO . Just wait you can put down 2000 bucks for your very own non refundable POS. The people at spooky are fine. No slight at them. You can't always hit a home run, or even a single. Both games are just crap which we would of known had we a basic game play video before the sale. FOMO marketing. Some of us been in hobby for along time. So perhaps they will vindicate themselves. Not every game can be great.. They do make great art though. More to pinball than just art. Gameplay is huge and sadly Ultraman / Halloween missed that boat. Since they dropped P-roc its possibly you might end up with a non salvageable brick in 5-10 years. Anyhow... on to the next game.

#364 1 year ago

Go away

They sure need vindication in my opinion. Couldn't get crap for Ultraman after waiting a year for the code to get fixed. Still burning trash pile IMO . Just wait you can put down 2000 bucks for your very own non refundable POS. The people at spooky are fine. No slight at them. You can't always hit a home run, or even a single. Both games are just crap which we would have known had we a basic game play video before the sale. FOMO marketing. Some of us been in hobby for along time. So perhaps they will vindicate themselves. Not every game can be great.. They do make great art though.

#365 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I don't believe you. PM me all the pictures today. I won't share them.

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

It's awesome to hear, because it's arguably the hands-down BEST theme you've locked down (R&M was an A+ theme as well, but Scooby Doo has timelessness on its' side, so it's A++).

Just talking to a few people early on since announcement, some of us hope there's still a "standard-ish" version which captures all the magic without paying extra bling at what becomes the "base" level. If it ends up being sort of a "Prem/LE" or "LE/CE" sort of thing, fine. Been there, done that. It may price some out which is a severe bummer. This theme feels like it could keep the lines running for a substantial duration if there was a more affordable version and it had the rules/code to back it up. But hopefully at least the top tier keeps all the bling, while a "lesser" version gives us all the gameplay with a decent savings for those don't want the bling. Just some honest feedback I've received from prospective buyers before launch.

#367 1 year ago

I have no doubt the machine and art and audio will all be beautiful. What I want is some confidence the playfield layout and code will be great too. A bad game is bad no matter how pretty it is. Scooby is one of the best themes ever, it deserves to be a highly rated machine. Looking forward to the reveal on Thursday…

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This isn't the 90's. Addams was mostly in locations. There was barely a home market. Now it's almost entirely a home market with big spenders and collectors. LE/CE is offered up front, because "get it or its gone" is easy money. The other "lesser" versions are just gravy, if the game is still in demand. If there's no LE/CE at launch...the usual suspects who ONLY buy that type of game are going to sit and wait it out...and people who buy Premiums/Pros will also wait to play first...why would they order a game when there's no FOMO? FOMO sells games and has kept these companies in business during this weird era of home-buyer pinball.

I get what you're saying and I don't see the business model changing for the reasons you have stated, as well as others.

I was simply questioning it as the original post i referred to was talking about how FOMO is (hopefully) dying down as it seems the flipper are getting burned more and more. (see Halloween, TS4, Bond, etc)

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Just talking to a few people early on since announcement, some of us hope there's still a "standard-ish" version which captures all the magic without paying extra bling at what becomes the "base" level. If it ends up being sort of a "Prem/LE" or "LE/CE" sort of thing, fine.

I think the blood sucker editions seem to be the sweet spot…very curious to see how they are kitted out vs the CE.

#370 1 year ago

Can somebody explain the practical differences between PROC and PINOTAUR?

If PROC is better why switch ?

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm guessing cost, primarily. I don't know enough about the Pinotaur yet, myself.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

I hate when they do a reveal without showing the actual game layout.

Halloween was my fool me once. I gotta see gameplay to get excited.

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As far as an end user is concerned, the Pinotaur is one board with all the connectors on it (con: removing it). P3ROC uses boards dedicated to function (lamps/coils/switches), which means there’s more smaller boards. Con price

Repair tech wise, P3ROC is a bit more documented for repairs and some components like coil transistors are easier to replace by the end user. (Neither are that well documented, but Pinotaur essentially isn’t in comparison). Further, P3ROC has more general industry support as it is used by a few companies. So you might have a bit more faith in long term support/availability.

In terms of functionality to a player, you’re not really going to notice any difference.

Tl;dr there are pros and cons, but most won’t notice a difference in terms of functionality.

#374 1 year ago

They said, jump Scooby, it's a shark!

tumblr_c27c9e6390a69ff476060193aa66f0d4_b5c0d583_1280.giftumblr_c27c9e6390a69ff476060193aa66f0d4_b5c0d583_1280.gif

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They said, jump Scooby, it's a shark!
[quoted image]

That water doesn't look realistic.

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Halloween was my fool me once. I gotta see gameplay to get excited.

Really weird how divisive Halloween is, seems people either love it or hate it, but I really do not understand the hate. Sure it's different, but everyone who's played it here thinks it's amazing (me too), and with the new code coming this week it's only going to get better. Quite honestly, because of HW I'm now really super keen on Scooby.

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I was gonna say, this weekend is the first time in forever I've seen an aftermarket R&M listed under 10k (it was by $5 lol). Can't determine resale until we play the game, plain and simple. And that's not just a Spooky thing - the Rush I have listed isn't moving, there are a ton of AIQs sitting on the market, etc. Just have to hang onto it or hope not to take outsized losses.

There’s gonna be a lot of games sitting and not selling. 2023 is going to be a shit show. Interest rates, recession, housing, layoffs, the toys will be the first to go. I believe we will start to see pin prices starting to fall in the secondary market. The new market in the pinball companies is gonna be tightening up for them to take your money it’s gonna have to be a really good theme.

#378 1 year ago

My wounds have not healed from the Ultraman burn.

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Control over your hardware design is a factor to as your business grows. This also feeds into cost.

When you use a 3rd party for your hardware you get some benefits initially, but you are limited as time goes on and have limited input to the direction/changes/updates you want from your businesses perspective

Also if supply dries up or the 3rd party stops making them/can’t source parts/ceases trading you have a big problem so there’s added risk there to.

#380 1 year ago

Really interested to see what layout they came up with. The assets are all there and solving mysteries tied to mode integration sounds really fun to me. My son loves Scooby Doo. I may be in the minority but I do not care for the vein powder coating feel or look. If I could swap out my CE Halloween for a standard with smooth stainless(or plain black powder) for less money-I would. I am so over FOMO and having to join clubs. Looking forward to flipping this one but going to wait it out this time around and hopefully find a minty standard down the road(if it is fun to play). Am I the only one that does not care for the look and texture of vein powder coat?

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There’s gonna be a lot of games sitting and not selling. 2023 is going to be a shit show. Interest rates, recession, housing, layoffs, the toys will be the first to go. I believe we will start to see pin prices starting to fall in the secondary market. The new market in the pinball companies is gonna be tightening up for them to take your money it’s gonna have to be a really good theme.

I'm already seeing price drops in the secondary market, particularly on the less popular or older titles. I'm also seeing real popular titles sit much longer and very few going for top dollar.

2023 could be rough for people looking to sell at the peak.

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Am I the only one that does not care for the look and texture of vein powder coat?

Yes, I'm over it. I've had a few now that have shown wear over time. The Hobbit was the nicest one and held up I think because of the clear.

There is something about the powder on the CCr LE....it just has a great feel..maybe because its matte.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

it just has a great feel..maybe because its matte.

I just like the smooth feeling on my palms. I was thinking they would do a cool purple sparkle smooth powder-oh well let the nit picking continue as I wait for reveal with zero fear of missing out.

#384 1 year ago

After last time we totally switched directions on our powdercoat. No longer vein on the CE it's instead a nice smooth high gloss metallic color with the 2 process proper Clearcoat. Good friend of mine has been testing it on his game for about 6 months as well as we have had it on the proto games here for over a year. Been rock solid! Hopefully powder issue days are in the past forever.

#385 1 year ago

That is excellent news-I keep reading old charts of builds from previous page thinking they are for SD. Now my only gripes are mandatory Fang Club, selling direct and pricing a little high(is what it is). Hoping SD is a fantastic game to flip and sells well.

#386 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I have no doubt the machine and art and audio will all be beautiful. What I want is some confidence the playfield layout and code will be great too. A bad game is bad no matter how pretty it is. Scooby is one of the best themes ever, it deserves to be a highly rated machine. Looking forward to the reveal on Thursday…

Code will take time. It’s just how it goes. Too many people were really impatient and bailed on Halloween way too early.

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

After last time we totally switched directions on our powdercoat. No longer vein on the CE it's instead a nice smooth high gloss metallic color with the 2 process proper Clearcoat. Good friend of mine has been testing it on his game for about 6 months as well as we have had it on the proto games here for over a year. Been rock solid! Hopefully powder issue days are in the past forever.

Yeah, my Halloween #312 CE has spots where my fingers rest, and it probably has under 400 plays. The powdercoat on there is unfortunate. Good to hear improvements were made.

#388 1 year ago

Fang club is not mandatory, its just to support Spooky and get some bling as a thank you. You can still contact a distributor and order the game like every other game.

Quoted from pinmister:

That is excellent news-I keep reading old charts of builds from previous page thinking they are for SD. Now my only gripes are mandatory Fang Club, selling direct and pricing a little high(is what it is). Hoping SD is a fantastic game to flip and sells well.

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You can still contact a distributor and order the game like every other game

I was forced to buy the fake fang club pass to purchase my CE Halloween-still can't get the taste of piss out of my mouth. Sorry but I do not agree with mandatory club membership to buy games. Have things changed since then?

#390 1 year ago

If Spooky announces 1,250 pins or less day 1 sellout on theme alone with their marketing. I know we havn't seen it. I'm not in the market, but thats the way I think this cookie crumbles on theme alone.

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Control over your hardware design is a factor to as your business grows. This also feeds into cost.
When you use a 3rd party for your hardware you get some benefits initially, but you are limited as time goes on and have limited input to the direction/changes/updates you want from your businesses perspective
Also if supply dries up or the 3rd party stops making them/can’t source parts/ceases trading you have a big problem so there’s added risk there to.

I'd argue that changing your board set every game or two isn't a smart move either. Spooky still hasn't said what board set is in this game, even though the rumor is that it's another completely new set of boards for Scooby.

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was forced to buy the fake fang club pass to purchase my CE Halloween-still can't get the taste of piss out of my mouth. Sorry but I do not agree with mandatory club membership to buy games. Have things changed since then?

The fang club was originally made to be a fun thing that would be a positive for customers. We obviously don't make money on it by the time we stuff like the custom beer glass made and send out the package of goodies. I don't think we expected going in that it would upset some people. It really doesn't benefit us and if it's not a positive for the customer then no point in it! Maybe in the future we will make a change to the policy. Will have to stay the same for now but I do hear you!

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Maybe in the future we will make a change to the policy. Will have to stay the same for now but I do hear you!

Tell Charlie to not make it mandatory for SD and games going forward-you may be surprised on how many people it has turned off. Is it worth it-I don't think so

BTW-thanks for your kind replies-you sound like a stand up guy

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Tell Charlie to not make it mandatory for SD and games going forward-you may be surprised on how many people it has turned off. Is it worth it-I don't think so

I've enjoyed the Fang Club stuff. The poster is cool and hangs in my hallway. The cool custom plastic display and glass are awesome, too.

#395 1 year ago

Imagine wanting to buy a $10,000 pin and claiming that it’s the measly club membership dues that turned you away in the end. C’mon haha. I like the club membership, it’s cheap…I like to support the company…I like the exclusivity and it’s fun to get a box of cool stuff. I want decoder ring next. That way spooky can send out cyphers to decode for secret messages (game announcements, code updates, clues etc)

Quoted from pinmister:

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I've enjoyed the Fang Club stuff

If you enjoy it and like the chotskies-more power to you. I am a man of principle and I do not agree with mandatory anything. Choices are good and fake fomo fan clubs do very little for me. I also think they should support their loyal distributor channel and not sell direct-again a principle thing to me.

#397 1 year ago

Ah…You poor thing. So sorry the Fang Club got you so upset. “A man of principle” even you say. So serious!

Quoted from pinmister:

#398 1 year ago

As a man of principle this must be very difficult for you…I bet you cut the seatbelts out of your car and drive right through every single red light you see haha. Mandatory stop at a right light?!?! Not for me for I am a man of principle and no one is gonna tell me s###it

Quoted from pinmister:

If you enjoy it and like the chotskies-more power to you. I am a man of principle and I do not agree with mandatory anything. Choices are good and fake fomo fan clubs do very little for me. I also think they should support their loyal distributor channel and not sell direct-again a principle thing to me.

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Imagine wanting to buy a $10,000 pin and claiming that it’s the measly club membership dues that turned you away in the end. C’mon haha. I like the club membership, it’s cheap…I like to support the company…I like the exclusivity and it’s fun to get a box of cool stuff. I want decoder ring next. That way spooky can send out cyphers to decode for secret messages (game announcements, code updates, clues etc)

Aren't you supporting the company when you purchase a game?

#400 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd argue that changing your board set every game or two isn't a smart move either. Spooky still hasn't said what board set is in this game, even though the rumor is that it's another completely new set of boards for Scooby.

This is something I am worried about. How many board sets are they going to have to support over time?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.