20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 1 year ago

Spooky know how to pick a theme. Leave the mainstream, mega expensive and restrictive themes to Stern and clean up with niche, targeted and less expensive properties with heaps of source material, and license holders and OG talent that are genuinely happy to be working on a pinball machine.

#127 1 year ago

This from Pinball Paparazzi on FB….

Edit: it’s a homebrew.
CE7A2514-3B80-45F7-B5D0-745C8536F0E6 (resized).jpegCE7A2514-3B80-45F7-B5D0-745C8536F0E6 (resized).jpeg

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0288XcrxTK5uH8B4UzxFFXBFgYZAEK9yQe1xLDGxvDrE1b8GhtuBJ2uohyQLHCabjDl&id=100070116204183&mibextid=qC1gEa

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That looks like a homebrew Scooby-Doo game with all of the mismatched buttons and leg protectors. I don't think it's the Spooky game.

Could be right. Weird side rails also.

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It's a virtual pin

Would explain the Frankenstein effect. Someone edited in the Spooky bit?

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I wasn’t flipping my Halloween and feel burned.

I honestly don’t understand how anyone could feel “burnt”. Did you not get your game?

#353 1 year ago

It’s not really that sad.

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They said, jump Scooby, it's a shark!
[quoted image]

That water doesn't look realistic.

#492 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Luke, can you say anything about original score, sound effects, chase songs from Season 2, and the laugh track? We obviously know that the theme music is intact, but I hope that it is not the only music that we hear. These other items are so prominent in the originals. It would be fantastic if you all worked in as much of these sounds/music/songs as is possible!
"Daydreamin'" from "Jeepers, It's the Creeper" incorporated into that mode, for instance!

Quoted from SpookyBug:

Matt "Count D" Montgomery did more tracks for this game than any of our previous ones. And I genuinely believe it's his best work! Insanely catchy updated take on the original themes, as well as his own original tracks. I can't wait for everyone to hear it for themselves

This just gets better and better…..
https://www.partymonsterstore.com/pages/count-d

#990 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I couldn't care less what you, personally, do. I'm not trying to save you from anything. Put a deposit down sight-unseen on Elwin's Bond 60th if you like. I heard $18k wasn't getting it done lol, but if you've got the cash who am I to tell you how to spend it?
But asking for deposits before showing gameplay isn't a good thing for the hobby in general. I think it's very fair to push back on it and ask companies to do better. Politely and constructively. Almost everyone I've seen has said this game looks amazing, even if they're also asking for a little more info before committing.
Hopefully there's gameplay tomorrow and it's a non issue. That doesn't mean people don't have a right to ask for it.

It’s already been confirmed there’s a gameplay stream on Thursday.

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

All it says on their FB page is a Q/A session, did they confirm it in this thread?

It was in this thread, but don’t remember whether they said just Q&A - I thought it was gameplay. Was one of the spooky guys.

Edit: Does just say “stream”….. in my mind that means gameplay but who knows. Q&A sounds less like gameplay.

Quoted from SpookyBug:

We actually went out and bought a generator to run the projector and my laptop so we could show the teaser. And then just 5 minutes before reveal the power came back on!
Full reveal will be in the very near future. We're going to be doing a live stream this Thursday at 7PM Central answering everyone's questions as well.

#1070 1 year ago

Everyone whining about no live gameplay footage before orders open and non refundable deposits - just don’t f*n order the game until you’re happy to lock in a deposit. Simple solution. No one owes you anything. No one is “taking” your money. You are giving it to them. Just don’t give it until you’re happy.

#1287 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:lol you've admitted here that you rigged your sanitarium playfield to fix geometry problems, blocking holes and making it much easier. You've also had to adjust your center ramp diverter. My orbits register intermittently due to poorly placed switches (which also occurred on R&M). As it ships- the game definitely has issues.

Which NIB’s don’t need work? Maybe CGC are a rare exception. But every one of my Stern and JJP games needed work to get them playing correctly. And that’s with our fantastic distributor who opens every game and re tests it before shipping. It’s especially the case with LE’s/first off the line. Jump into the Rush thread and have a look at the issues that need fixing out of the box.

Mix that with Spooky trying some new ideas and left of centre layouts and there will always be something to fine tune out of the box.

#1688 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Where can I watch the stream tonight?? I looked and didn't see an answer in the thread. Apologies if I've overlooked it. Can anyone post a link or tell me what YouTuber to search?

10 posts up.

Quoted from spooky_dj:

Youtube link to the livestream:

#2456 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I love my Halloween machine dearly, but I definitely would not get the butter again. Many, many Halloween owners that got it have had issues with wear on the powder coating. Mine is worn through where handprints are clearly visible.

I think you're confusing Butter Cabinet with powder coated side armour? Butter Cabinet wont wear from handprints. Some powder coated armour did. Two completely different things.

Also, they've changed the powder coating on Scooby to a normal finish (not veined like HWN/UM). Wont be wear issues on this.

#2698 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Spooky, you seriously need to stop worrying about the next game and focusing on finishing the last one (code wise) first.

Doesn’t keep the production line rolling though. It’s a hungry beast that needs feeding constantly.

#2702 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

haha... one thing is for sure, whatever the numbers are for SD....have to be more than HWN/Ultraman when you factor in there were SOOOO many flippers buying games.

That’s why I don’t get the whining about non refundable deposits. Firstly it weeds out the flippers. Secondly it stops every Tim Dick and Harry ordering due to FOMO, then bailing at the first hint of a negative Podcast.

By eliminating flippers and FOMOers, those that are super keen on the theme get in early, the rest have time to decide. Win win and exactly what we’re seeing now with Scooby.

#2708 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Putting a 2k non refundable deposit on a game where there was no real gameplay stream is the definition of FOMO.

Putting a 2k non refundable deposit means you’re super keep on the theme. Did you read the post?

Quoted from Palmer:

Quality code updates are vital to building a loyal customer base.

Of course, but a manufacturer cant fire 50 staff and shut down a production line while they finish coding a game.

#2725 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Way too many FOMO’s still hoping to validate their purchase with a “sellout”.

“I put 2000 for each model in my shopping basket”!

More likely way too many FOMO’s trying to validate why they didn’t purchase.

#2731 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s both.
FOMO buyers are desperate for it to sellout so they don’t face the prospect of losing $2,000 when they sell their pre order spot in 6 months after Jaws or whatever is released, and of course to justify their FOMO panic buy.
Non buyers are desperate for it to not sell out so they can point and laugh at the FOMO buyers and also pick up a pre order spot at a $2,000 discount in six months, and of course to justify not pulling the trigger.
As always, lots of different dynamics at play!

True. At least this time round you would hope everyone knows the “risks” - not every game is an instant hit and hard to get for list price down the track. Making instant money on games is not normal.

#2741 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Isn't a bit concerning on the release pamphlet about Code/Rules every single mode was summarized entirely with one sentence? I didn't see much substance to the modes. Unless what Spooky put out was just a general summation, not intended to reflect all the nuances of the actual code.

Pretty sure it’s a marketing summary, not an in depth explanation of the rules. A bit like the rule summary on the apron - kind of useless.

#2757 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I read everything you wrote. Maybe you should reread what you wrote. You get a gold medal for mental gymnastics.

Ffs, I’m pretty sure we all need a gold medal in mental gymnastics just to be on Pinside.

#2771 1 year ago

"Please Only Save The Friendly Unicorns"?

#2778 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

So is the apron lock a first for pinball or has this been done before on another game?

GNR CE has the Coma Lock. There's an old EM - Space Station? that sort of locked the balls into a saucer at the back of th flippers, then kicked them out, but not a ball lock for multiball as such. There's probably more - designers were willing to take risks back in the day. I'm thinking we're starting to see more of it now that there is some competition and manufacturers are looking to differentiate themselves (from Stern mostly).

Edit: not Space Station - Space something. Fun game with a Thunderbirds style moving target in the middle.

Edit Edit: Space Mission :

Screenshot 2022-12-12 134113 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-12-12 134113 (resized).jpg
#2798 1 year ago

Hopefully not overused like JJPOTC coins though. (Unless that has changed in newer code updates).

#2799 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

That will depend on Which country you live In Though. Unfortunately not
Many spooky games in OZ and never see them in location

So true - typically we only get 15-30 of any particular game down here.

#3059 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

This is awesome news for the early buyers, which ones are "sold out"?

The real question is whether he put 17 of each model in his cart?

#3242 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Per Spooky, all CEs will be run first, then BSEs and last the few SEs ordered by people. Since we now know number 1854 is a BSE, either Spooky has sold at least 1854 of the 1969 games and the game is close to being sold out. Or they are planning to run the sold CEs first, then all un-sold games as CEs, then the sold BSEs, and last the sold SEs. If this second scenario is correct, then we don't know how many Scooby-Doo games are still unsold.

In previous runs (RM for example) Spooky start the numbering of the non CE editions from the end and worked backwards.

#3248 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

#383 and I think that means I will be getting it Tuesday or Wednesday of next week

Sounds logical.

#3325 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Since my number is 1851, wouldn’t that mean they sold at least that many?

Quoted from cooked71:

In previous runs (RM for example) Spooky start the numbering of the non CE editions from the end and worked backwards.

It may be different this time because there are 2 cheaper versions (R&M only had BSE and SE), but looking at the numbering of other SE and BSE’s in this thread it appears that’s what they’re doing.

#3493 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Such a wack take away (and it’s not just you, Facebook is having a field day with this photo too) The game has two playfields an all the mechs are above not below the larger playfield. Like…duh. You all SAW the game right? What I am seeing here is REAL NICE cable management and clean efficient engineering. This a HUGE improvement over HWN UM ACNC. HUUUUGE.

The only necessary takeaway you need is he’s a troll.

#3765 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I feel the gimmick is the point. Some are funner than others. I personally like the variation of the AC/DC lower pf. I think they probably could have done more with it, but it is what it is. My favorites are Haunted House and Black Hole though. I love the upper pf in TZ as well. There's only so much variation you can do with a pinball layout, and most of it has been rehashed. I wonder if people thought the first ramps were gimmicky. (not sarcastically)

Stern upper/lower PF's have all been gimped since the Pro/Premium sales model starting with ACDC. Like most PreLe features, they never get them the extra coding and integration they deserve and are usually just left as a visual bonus or gimmick. Agreed on Acdc - not sure why it gets so much hate.

I think Scooby will get plenty of integration - it’s such a significant part of the game.

2 weeks later
#4355 1 year ago

There really should be a Scrappy Doo mode in the game now.

#4456 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:For the metal trail on big Lebowski most are adding a padding inside for ball to roll on instead of metal. Maybe a good idea on this too. I got some rolls of padding in Amazon.

Sounds like a great idea.

2 weeks later
#5201 1 year ago

Looks fantastic so far and so much more to come. Love the paint brush mode. These kind of clever touches really show passion for the theme and make for great pinball. Looks like Spooky have delivered it in spades.

#5229 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Welcome to the reality of NIB pinball as it exists today. As the hobby exists now, there are supply and labor shortages, while interest in pinball grows. All manufacturers, and I stress the word ALL, ship games with incomplete code. They then finish and polish as the months pass. This can take well over a year or longer. Sit tight, be patient, and know Spooky has your back. HW and UM will get finished.

Yeh, he really should have bought Bond.

#5256 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:But seems pretty accidental/unimportant. Would love to see some hurry up or jackpots placed on the shot through the two three banks.

Pretty sure there was a hurry up with those at the start. But agree, would be great to have some modes that involve/feature those. I’m sure they’ve got stuff planned.

#5261 1 year ago

Be great to use the lower drops more to get some more risky side to side movement. Out of interest are there any more targets on the RHS and LHS of the lower pf?

1 week later
#5767 1 year ago

Just to keep it on topic here... these stairs would be easier - at least on the way down.

#5771 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I like talking about steps for dollys and escalaras. I need something to buy while I wait on my scooby invoice, and this gets me hyped for that.

I actually don't care what you guys talk about, just a cool scene.

#5966 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I wish you could upgrade to thick rad cals instead of butter. Those shine a lot too and much cheaper.

Upgrade? There’s nothing like butter. Certainly radcals and clear cling wrap look no where near as good. Whether it’s worth the extra $$$$ or not is another question.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.