20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Man oh man, I can't wait. I was hoping it was going to be Scooby Doo, and the folks they got for voice work are great, Welker is a great pull.

I'm pretty sure the number of callouts will set a new record.

#33 1 year ago

Don't forget Grey Griffin. She's been voicing Daphne for over 20 years.

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0217221/

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

…but will Scooby call me a piece of shit if I miss the ramps?

That's more of a Shaggy call-out, LOL.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think they got the message by hiring three coders since then.

Four...but who's counting.

#413 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

[quoted image]

7-minutes to get to Pinside...you guys are slacking.

#481 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I figured that. Pointing out that TNA couldn't be starting point considering CE is below 10k
Are you keeping Standard model?

Yes there will be a Standard.

#580 1 year ago

It's a little above our total run of Halloween (1250) / Ultraman (500). 1969 is also the year Scoob-Doo: Where Are You came out.

#592 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

That L-shaped left flipper on the upper playfield is something I don't believe I've ever seen before, maybe on some odd EM way back in the day?

I don't think it's ever been done. It's a secret bookcase, which you can manually activate to get to the upper playfield.

#671 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Spooky Doo looks cool, is that magnet chaos I see happening on the upper playfield?

Two magnets on the upper one on the lower.

#681 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

This looks amazing! Are the wire forms color coded on the other trim levels or only on the CE?

CE - Sparkly Illusion colored to match the member of Mystery Inc.
BSE - Metallic Flake
SE - Flat Black

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I think the theme is for 8 year old boys and don't care for it at all... but DAMN this pin looks AMAZING!
This is akin to what Toy Story should have looked like.

Umm...thanks. For hating the theme we'll take that.

#784 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

THAT IS AN AMAZING IDEA

Include face tracking software and give bonus points if the player catches the snack in their mouth.

#804 1 year ago
Quoted from astro_judge:

Love that The Black Knight is a far-orbit shot on an upper playfield I wonder if it'll loop back to the bookcase flipper...
[quoted image]

It does.

#856 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

That would be sweet

Of course!!! Full RGB, so we can show off which member of Mystery Inc. you're loading into the van.

#877 1 year ago
Quoted from ninjedi:

I wonder if the spring on the left flipper/diverter is strong enough to make that shot when releasing the button? That would be cool.

It can be used in some different ways because of it's unique shape. Hint: There is a switch in the werewolf sling above the right upper flipper.

#977 1 year ago
Quoted from astro_judge:

Thanks for all your responses and insight lpeters82! The nod to Black Knight is super cool. Swinging for the fences with one more question...
I know the game is technically based on the original series, but blink once if there's any possibility of celebrity guest stars (real, cartoon, or even pinball-related) making an appearance.

Personally, I'd love to have the Harlem Globetrotters, Kiss, Batman, and Don Knotts in the game. I would say the odds of that getting licensure approval is not great. As to references to other pinball machines, there will certainly be several Easter Eggs.

#1093 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

There must be, if I understand correctly this is also a 5 player game. Any game in the past have more than four players? I have no idea.

There have been games with more then four players in the past, but in this case it makes sense to have the full gang on the case, including Scooby.

#1379 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Just from this one example below (habitrail colors) it seems as if there's conflicting info out there. From the TWIP article, it seems as if all editions are getting the character colored returns. It's listed for "all editions" and isn't called out as an exclusive on the CE features. But then the (official???) feature matrix and the CE sheet makes it seem like it's only on the CE.

The five color powder coat habitrails are exclusive to the CE.

#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Wondering if there is anything under the plastic on the right of the shooter lane. Is this just meant to take up some real estate since its a wide body?

We're calling it the "Bravery Meter". When you start a CASE it will act as both a multiplier and pseudo-timer. The higher your bravery the higher your scoring potential. Loose all your bravery and you're frightened off the case. Going forward, this is an example where we intend to differentiate the selectable characters. Shaggy and Scooby will frighten more easily, but can restore bravery with Scooby Snacks.

#1481 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That's just a guess though. 4,000 callout is a lot to work through. That's probably a few hours worth of just voice audio? Then a lot of new music, then whatever sound effects theyre using.

Frank Welker's uncut callouts for Fred alone were around two hours.

#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This sounds awesome! Hope to hear more about the rules ideas tonight!

Why wait? Here's a sneak peak for The Ghost of Captain Cutler. Bash the dive helmet, inner orbit, and hand targets to add oxygen to your scuba tank. Dive down to the lower playfield to collect orange clue shots in the Graveyard of Ships. Blue standup targets will replenish a small amount of oxygen. Run out of oxygen and you’ll have to return to the upper playfield to replenish your oxygen supply.

PS: Have to get back to work for a bit. Might check in later.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1614 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Hey DJ.......Look at My Avatar. Guess what I want!?! Pretty please Sir

DJ and Matt Kemp were just consulting. Hopefully it won't be long for those waiting on the Halloween code. The good news is a lot of the hardest work has been included in this code update. That work is going to greatly improve our ability to push out future updates in a more timely manor.

#1617 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Thursday ends in 10 hours for CONUS, hopefully y'all can make your deadline

I'm not leaving until we do.

#1625 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

What about a little update for Ultraman?

I've posted this in the Ultraman thread, but while waiting on some licensing approvals for Halloween we were able to get a jumpstart on the next Ultraman update.

#1667 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Heard it may not come out tonight since the guys are still trying to get the new Halloween code out tonight. Sounds chaotic.

It's all good. Code is coming and the stream will be happening as planned.

#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Season one is on HBO max which is all you need to watch. Like 20 min episodes think like 17 of them or something.

Season 1 has most of the iconic villains that you'll see on Scooby-Doo shirts, posters, and merchandise. The main exception is of course The Creeper, who's from Season 2.

#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

What's are the chances of a Dexter's lab or jimmy neutron pinball? We need more themes like Scooby Doo.
Talked to pinball star to get a ce spot.

I'd love to do a Pinky & The Brain, but I don't think it would be super popular.

#2777 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

So is the apron lock a first for pinball or has this been done before on another game?

We've never seen it before, but there are a lot of games out there, so it's sometimes hard to find a truly unique idea.

#2821 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I’ve filled out what I believe I know about the map. Feel free to correct what I have and hopefully have some answers for the question marks I’ve listed.
[quoted image]

I can spoil it if you'll want. For now, I'll just drop a hint that each of the map locations is either represented with the villain inserts, topper, or plastics. Some of the plastics are a bit hidden by the Mystery Machine ball lock mechanism.

#2919 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Thought I'd have a bit of fun with this tonight, since it was such a great idea!
Flame/Lens side
[quoted image]
Spotlight side
[quoted image]
The underside, showing the double sided PCB, lens and spotlight reflector.
[quoted image]
Just a first attempt!

Those spotlight covers are really cool.

#3060 1 year ago

It was corrected earlier, but I'll just reiterate that SpookyDJ is the coder for Scooby-Doo. If you were at Expo this year, you may have noticed him rockin' some Scooby-Doo Converse shoes. Not to be confused with m4tt who's currently working on Halloween / Ultraman. He's from New Zealand, so you likely haven't seen him at any recent shows, but we hope to have him join us at an upcoming show this next year. Both of these guys have been working super hard on taking these games to the next level.

PS: If there is a list for those lantern spotlights, sign me up for my personal machine.

1 week later
#3779 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Scooby's upper PF is more like a split level game like Black Knight, Jungle Lord, or Flash Gordon than most typical upper playfields. It's very big

I would tend to agree with this. It feels a bit like of a cross between an upper and a slit level. It's probably a bit of a gimmick, but personally I really have fun trying to hit shots with the bookcase flipper. I find myself trying to loop the ball around the "exit" of the lowest shot from the top half of the bookcase. That can be useful for collecting your Scooby-Doo shots. Battling the Ghost of Captain Cutler, with the magnets under his hands, is really fun too. Right now during one of the multiballs, you have to bash the dive helmet to spawn jackpot shots and have a limited time to collect them before a "wave lightshow" washes them away. The more you collect before the wave, the more they are worth: single, double, triple, and finally super jackpots.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3785 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Can you reliably shoot the Black Knight shot with the bookcase flipper? Looks nearly impossible

If you can hit the crossing shot on the upper playfield in Halloween, I don't think it will be an issue for you. More often then not, I actually miss it low. I wouldn't call it easy, but I've been able to shoot it three times in a row on multiple occasions. As stated above, you can also use the top half of the bookcase flipper to complete that shot. That is my preferred method. There is also a switch in that sling above the right upper flipper, which you can target with the top half of the bookcase flipper. It bounces back to that same flipper, so in my head I'm always picturing playing fetch with the werewolf.

#3795 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Cool! Yeah, the bridge shot in HWN is like peak difficulty/ satisfaction quotient for me. Can’t wait to see the bookcase flipper in action in the full stream. I also wonder if that Black Knight shot can be backhanded from the upper right flipper as well.

You can't backhand the Black Knight. The other two shots can be backhanded, which are the two that feed the habitrails.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Wow "wave lightshow"... That sounds amazing!
Honestly, well done - the way modes/multiballs are coded on (all of) Spooky games are sooooo much better than any others I see. Still absolutely love Pit Creature mode on ACNC where you have to hide the ball, it's brilliant.

Appreciate the kind words. Yeah, I was always amazed with the use of lighting in pinball and it's crazy that I'm now able to make some of my own lightshows. The wave is super fun, because it starts at the top and washes over the entire playfield before retreating. Cutler is also fun, with his green glow radiating out from around him. Scooby-Doo is pretty much the perfect theme for full RGB.

#3821 1 year ago

Love the Captain Cutler ornament. That will fit in well with the opening clip for the mode.

2 weeks later
#4380 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

sppoky-spooky-luke , where are you?< can we see the bottom of the play field now?? we wanna count coils and cause all kinds of conspiracy theories!

22 Coils
3 Magnets (Technically they are coils, so 25)
3 Servos

Quoted from cooked71:

There really should be a Scrappy Doo mode in the game now.

If I'm ever forced to put Scrappy Doo in the game he's going to be buried really-really deep into the code. Either that or I suppose have him be a user setting with the default toggled to "off". Not going to be a high priority on my end.

#4631 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m not buying shit until I see an outlane drain.

Outlane settings: easy, medium, and Zoinks!!!

PS: My personal recommendation is medium.

20230117_183523 (resized).jpg20230117_183523 (resized).jpg

Quoted from TreyBo69:

The center drop even stops a center drain at one point. There’s probably a ball save for the outlanes. Shenanigans

The mid-flipper drop is pretty cool. Collect the dog tag targets to raise it up. It will save you from a SDTM drain, but it's not like one of those large orange posts. The ones that pop up on some games, where it's impossible to drain. You need the ball to have a little speed for it it bounce cleanly off the drop target.

Yeah, you can also spell Ruh-Roh for a ball save on the left outlanes.

Here's a look behind the scenes. Originally we were going to have Scooby's dog tag labeled "Shoot Again", but there it's a rule that his tag can only be labeled with "SD".

20230117_184807 (resized).jpg20230117_184807 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5054 1 year ago

When do you usually receive the fang club goodie bag kit thing? I realize living abroad means it would take a little longer, but almost two months now. Do you get a tracking number?

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I signed up on 12/7 and I'm in the states. Still no sign of mine. I'm not sure of the usual time frame.

Fang Club merchandise ships in one cycle each year. If you signed up prior to August 1st, 2022 you should have received last year's goodies. If you signed up after that date then you are on the list to receive next year's goodies. If you had your heart set on one of the super cool glasses, or want a set, we may have a few available on the website at some point. As always they remain exclusive to Fang Club Members.

#5181 1 year ago

Fine.

#5277 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

But seems pretty accidental/unimportant. Would love to see some hurry up or jackpots placed on the shot through the two three banks.

Currently the drop targets spawn Scooby Snacks, which are super-important in the game. While in modes they increase your bravery, which is a timer and scoring multiplier.

There were 100% times in the stream where we were specifically aiming for the drop targets. Towards the end of the stream, I was low on bravery. I already had two drop targets down on each of the banks; one on the bottom and one on the top. I thought I was in good shape. My plan was to just toss the ball in that direction. I figured, If clear one, maybe both. Somehow, I threaded the needle, missing both. That scores points, but when the ball enters the VUK behind the drops, it rests both of the drop banks.

Beyond that, they are also used for a skill shot, mini-objectives in some cases, and as your character jackpots; which are quite deep into the game. As the code evolves, we also have intentions for adding a few new features at or behind the drop targets.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Liking what I’m seeing! Definitely seems to have long ball times, but that can always be remedied.
Excited to see more as the game develops.

It is on the easier side of the median, but keep in mind the outlanes we're in the easiest position. There will also be easy, medium, and Zoinks! settings in the menu.

#5279 1 year ago

There may be a Scooby Snack Multiball in the works.

PS: The Real Spooky Luke is right, were bad at keeping secrets.

#5341 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Can't believe no one's pointed this out yet, but Spooky appears to be giving us a big clue on a future title at around 13:20 of the game play reveal. LukeP specifically says "those may be some Easter eggs to some other pinball machines as well. "
Could it be a carnival themed game next? Either way once these start arriving we'll be able to find some clues.

We do have fun with that, so feel free to look, but in that case I was referencing the names of the rollercoaster attractions that you can ride in Funland. They may be some pinball classics.

#5390 1 year ago

Kate Micucci did an amazing job with Velma's callouts. I think there will be a lot of players that choose to play as her for that reason alone.

#5394 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can you guys speak to those perks and what they mean for each character? Any abilities that aren’t listed?

Some of that will be coming and changing with future updates. Right now our plan is to include some obvious perks, that you get for selecting that character, plus some hidden perks that only happen when you are playing as a particular character during specific moments in the game. The latter might be something we never actually reveal. Personally, I kind of want there to be some surprise moments that provide more reasons to explore the game as different characters. Naturally, those won't be super critical to scoring. Some of that text is also referencing the characters' specific modes. Here are some examples of the selected perks: Daphne may have longer ball save timers and will frighten more slowly in case modes. Fred may score huge points with trap shots. Scooby may frighten more easily but will collect double Scooby Snacks. Velma may score extra points during the case modes. Shaggy may score higher bonus points, because, well, he's an expert at running away.

#5399 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

The switch/slings etc sound fx are genius and brilliant, those old classic cartoon sounds are fantastic!

Glad you are enjoying them. I hope they provide a sense of nostalgia. I never expected to be learning the different names for all those sounds from old cartoons. We purchased a lot of SFX for this game and it was a bit overwhelming. We had to learn the difference between our boings, boinks, and borks from your zips, zonks, and zooms.

#5507 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Awesome job with the rules so far Spooky…SD looks like a cool game. I was wondering if you guys have any plans on utilizing the “Malt Shop” as a place to buy perks/prizes. Maybe like after collecting a specific number of Scooby snacks gives you a shake(or other snacks from the series)which you can trade in at the Malt Shop for cool prizes…like EB’s, ball save, maybe even a perk that slows down your scare meter during modes.

I can confirm that in a future update, Scooby Snacks will be used to unlock a number various of perks / prizes.

#5521 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I understand spooky offices are only open 4 days is that true for production?

For the most part, yes. Our employees work 4 10-hour days, versus the more traditional 5 8-hour days.

#5702 1 year ago

Speaking of numbers, has anyone spotted any number plaques in the game? I can’t seem to notice any in any of the games photos.

I don't have any pictures on me, but I designed to look like a license plate for the Mystery Machine. Your license plate number will be CE-XXXX. Your expiration stickers are the original air date of the series.

#5741 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I had a friend that deadlifted my WOZ up the stairs once ... once.

Oh man, that reminds me of my first pinball purchase. I had no idea what I was doing and show up totally unprepared. I'm there to pickup a Jurassic Park (DE), X-Men (Arcade), and Street Fighter EX (Arcade). The machines are in his basement, and to make things worse, the stairs are those exterior type stairs that are basically a cross between stairs and a ladder. It's just myself and my wife. Right away, I'm thinking..."No way. We might as well just turn around and head home." Thankfully, the seller happened to be build like one of those guys seen on "The World's Strongest Man" competitions. You know, those shows where they just move awkward-heavy stuff around. It honestly looked like this might have been part of his training. Pretty much single handedly the guy picks up the machines, lifts them out of his basement, and into my trailer. At one point, I though the stairs were going to break. That was my strange first experience with moving pinball machines.

1 week later
#6126 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’d say it’s one of the last things they put onto the machine

Stickers, decals, art blades, etc. all go on after the games are playtested.

#6133 1 year ago

And that CE plaque some of us are dying to see already. Tried to spot one on the video but they’re still not there. A photo with the first one being attached to a game should be posted here soon and mark the “officially ready to be boxed” moment.

Also one of the last items installed, but here is the first handfull. They still have the plastic protector on, so they will be a bit brighter in person.

20230214_121731 (resized).jpg20230214_121731 (resized).jpg

#6136 1 year ago

Going to be doing some playtesting now. Here are some menu pictures to hold ya'll over.

20230214_122429 (resized).jpg20230214_122429 (resized).jpg
20230214_122311 (resized).jpg20230214_122311 (resized).jpg
20230214_122406 (resized).jpg20230214_122406 (resized).jpg

#6237 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

What's in the mystery box perched on the 2nd floor?!
[quoted image]

Umm...that's a super secret 1" x 6" board.

Quoted from BlackBelt:

So curious if other modes will use the action button like was shown in the Creeper mode. I personally love a good playable video mode lpeters82

We'll be adding more uses for the action button. The next implementation will likely be some character specific stuff, so each character will have their own unique action button perks.

3 weeks later
#6413 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Destroyed it on the second game, now it’s for sale …. I assume the wizard mode isn’t coded yet because I beat all the villains and it just started over
[quoted image]

For added challenge try unmasking all of the villains. The one's collumn does track your unmaskings, so you completed 4 of 7. That said, the cases are very accessible in the game. Most players will start several during a game. The challenge with cases will come from keeping your bravery high to maximize the value of each clue found. Additionally, those trap shots during the unmasking phase add some risk / reward. The character modes will also add some depth in there for you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 29.00
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.