20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capn12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 1 year ago

Man oh man, I can't wait. I was hoping it was going to be Scooby Doo, and the folks they got for voice work are great, Welker is a great pull.

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can somebody explain the practical differences between PROC and PINOTAUR?
If PROC is better why switch ?

I'm guessing cost, primarily. I don't know enough about the Pinotaur yet, myself.

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

After last time we totally switched directions on our powdercoat. No longer vein on the CE it's instead a nice smooth high gloss metallic color with the 2 process proper Clearcoat. Good friend of mine has been testing it on his game for about 6 months as well as we have had it on the proto games here for over a year. Been rock solid! Hopefully powder issue days are in the past forever.

Yeah, my Halloween #312 CE has spots where my fingers rest, and it probably has under 400 plays. The powdercoat on there is unfortunate. Good to hear improvements were made.

#414 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

7-minutes to get to Pinside...you guys are slacking.

Hey, I'm trying to listen to Zack and Dennis first, before scouring for Scooby info!

#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Everyone whining about no live gameplay footage before orders open and non refundable deposits - just don’t f*n order the game until you’re happy to lock in a deposit. Simple solution. No one owes you anything. No one is “taking” your money. You are giving it to them. Just don’t give it until you’re happy.

Seems like such a simple concept, yet here we are....post after post of the same ole thing.

#1107 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I get it that some people are apprehensive about putting down a deposit without seeing gameplay - I'll be buying one on launch day because I love the theme and I trust Spooky. I own Ultraman and I don't feel "burned" - it's a fun game that continues to get better with each code release.
But if you do pass on launch day and the game sells out, don't expect any sympathy. You are taking a risk one way or the other!
The Spooky model is different. Personally, I'm ecstatic that the CE is not $13k + $2k for the topper like a Stern LE.

Yeah, as a Day 1 Halloween order and owner, I don’t feel “burned” or whatever. I was sold a CE version of Halloween, and I was delivered a CE Halloween. What is there to be burned over? If your intention was to actually buy the game, and enjoy it, where was the ‘burn’ again?

#1371 1 year ago

Say what you will, but I'm pretty sure none of the other Pinball companies would have tried to appease the calls for game play, in a <24 hour notice. Everyone else pretty much would have just not cared.

Thanks Spooky!

#1412 1 year ago

You shouldn't announce until you can stream!
Signed, James Bond Pinball by Stern

Announced: 9/22/22
Streamed: 10/18/22

#1435 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

But, they had gameplay feature videos on announce day with audio and LCD assets shown. To be fair, Stern has announced and streamed games same day many times in the past.

Not any of the last 4:

Godzilla
Announced: 9/14/21
Stream Reveal: 9/18/21

Mandalorian
Announced: 5/11/21
Stream Reveal: 5/21/21

Rush
Announced: 1/4/22
Stream Reveal: 1/8/22

James Bond
Debacle

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Again, teaser video isn't a reveal.

My dates weren't the teasers. But since that has been mentioned now...

Mandalorian
Teased: 5/4/21
Announced: 5/11/21
Stream Reveal: 5/21/21

Godzilla
Teased: 9/10/21
Announced: 9/14/21
Stream Reveal: 9/18/21

Rush
Teased: 12/28/21
Announced: 1/4/22
Stream Reveal: 1/8/22

James Bond
Teased: 9/6/22
Announced: 9/22/22
Stream Reveal: 10/18/22

#1444 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No one is apprehensive about the timing of a reveal and a stream. They are apprehensive about locking into a deposit before they see lots of gameplay.

And I get that. Just saying, the stream/reveal time frame difference isn't anything new.

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

What's the deal with the limited production? Is their production floor not capable of supporting demand, trying hard to be exclusive, or do they not like money?

I think you overestimate the size of Spooky. At max capacity, they get up to 40 games in a week. That is the amount Stern makes in a day, or less. If they tried to make something like 4000 Scooby Doos, it would be 4 years of making it. That gets into ROI for something around 4 years on the line.

#2956 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Well... it was your brilliant idea in the first place, and so the law of mod building dictates that you get a free set!

Dude, I'm still playing catchup after that mic drop of a Tron topper you teased the other day !
Honestly.. for anyone who hasn't seen it.. go and gawp at this

That's awesome.. thanks so much!
Everyone else, gotcha down, many thanks (as always). We'll be progressing with these - will post in a new thread when ready.

As a buyer of the GZ mod you made, I'm in if you make these for SD!

#3146 1 year ago

Numbers going out already, thats pretty fast work! I'm sure we'll see the rest from the other distros and Spooky directly, soon enough.

#3294 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR just got our numbers yesterday and given we are the largest Spooky distributor there is some time involved to get orders laid out. We will be emailing everyone their numbers either later today or tomorrow. Please be patient and don't email asking until we get the emails out - it will only take our time away from getting the numbering done. : )
TY
Joe

As long as I'm #1....take your time!

#3362 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I haven’t placed an ad yet but I’m looking to sell my spot if anyone is interested I’ll take $200 off as a bonus.
I just heard my Elvira order is being built in February. I didn’t even know if I was going to get that because the dealer said he didn’t know how many he was going to get. The end result is I feel like I’d rather have a Elvira sooner and pass on the SD.
PM me if you want it, from Pinball Star so don’t have the build number yet.
Thanks
No disrespect to Spooky at all but I just feel like Elvira with Lyman code might be last run of that and wife would murder me if I get too many over my limit already.

Probably the right call. I had an EHoH on backorder for a year or so, and finally gave up on it. Then I heard the price, and decided I chose well, despite REALLY wanting Lyman's last great Stern opus.

#3364 1 year ago

Pretty sure the early talk was $10,500 for EHoH. That could be wrong, but pretty sure that is 'the word'.

#3404 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

I would say it more likely reflects they sold 325 direct orders, assuming #576 was the last direct order.

Not that it is our business, but I'm pretty sure that means they've sold about 600 direct. They also gave at least that many, but from comments they made, more than that to distros. So it is 1200-1300 at least.

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

If #576 was the last direct order, which I have no way of knowing but based off that assumption. Of the first 600 machines, 350 are going out direct from Spooky. This is based off of the first 100 direct to VIPs and the first 50 direct orders, then alternating every 50 machines between Spooky and Distributors. Based on these assumptions and the known distribution plan for Scooby Doo, this would put the direct orders at 325.
If I'm understand your assumption, it seems that you assume the first 600 machines are direct from Spooky sales.
Also you are correct, we are not the owners of Spooky. So it is in fact not our business. It's still fun to try and figure these things out.

Maybe, I admit, I was reading the initial post as "I was order #576" and not CE 576. So who knows really?

#3622 1 year ago

All I want for Christmas, is my place in line. I'm easy. Hopefully we hear something today or tonight.

1 week later
#3901 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

We give up on pinball star numbers ??

No word as of yet, that I've seen.

#4025 1 year ago

Oof. Well, at least I know I won't be needing to pay for my SD CE anytime soon!

#661 in the house

#4149 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Pinbalstar #1069

Quoted from rai:

I was trying to sell my game have several interested buyers, but dealer told me there is a $200 transfer fee. Is there any recourse to get out of this transfer fee?

From Joe's email itself...

* Spooky deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-CANCELLABLE, NON-TRANSFERRABLE. Spooky's rules. You can sell your spot if you desire with a $ 200 fee being taking off your deposit being transferred to the new owner. Basically, as we always say - DO NOT order if you do not intend to take possession of the game and have the means now or later to pay for it. We do not want anyone losing a deposit so please make adult decisions. 

#4317 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Is now a bad time to announce our scrappy doo SLE?

AG.gifAG.gif
1 week later
#4668 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No worse than stern or anyone else, and lately Sterns QC has been not great. Bond playfields with more orange peel than an orange. Plus with Sterns price increase more bang for your buck going with Spooky. No issues with my Halloween other than the powder coat. 2k clear coat fixed that.
Sold my RUSH LE to pay for Spooky. I am out with NIB Stern. Prices have gotten nuts with them. $9800 for a premium?!! And $6900 for a pro?

Same boat. I refuse to pay current Stern NIB prices anytime soon, when nothing has improved on them at all. My TBL finally lands tomorrow, and then I wait on Scooby. Halloween for me has been pretty much great, except for my clear coat where my hands rest. I've just ignored it for now, I'm lazy.

#4889 1 year ago

Our Shih-Tzu turns 11 this year, and I get pretty emotional just thinking about the inevitable. And I agree, non-pet folks don't get it.

#5123 1 year ago

Crazy, I'm #66 over here, myself!!!

Wait....hmm....oh, sorry...that is #661 <Womp, womp>

#5171 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Not sure what you were watching....

DFTT.gifDFTT.gif
1 week later
#5949 1 year ago
Quoted from Zimtech:

Hi folks. Pretty new to Spooky (I have played Rick and Morty and Halloween at an event). Grew up on and love the original Scooby. I have me a CE coming. My question is concerning the butter cab option. I have no idea, and for the cost...? For some reference, I have three new sterns and I am happy with the cab art/decals and a Hobbit with radcals, which I think look great but if asked to pay an additional $1400...
Thoughts on how the butter cabs are and if the art look that much different?
Thanks for the input.

Will your Scooby Doo sit somewhere, where both sides of the cabinet are visible? That would be the only reason I'd ever buy Butter, but that is never the case for me. The normal art on my Halloween is just fine.

1 week later
#6251 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What's a douche canoe?

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

it’s next to my name on #32 and would like to know myself. I noticed on Facebook someone else’s name was on my spot.

Someone's attempt to be witty. Just another slang saying for someone you don't like.

#6271 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

If you want to make a trip to Greeley you are welcome to, I'll have it soon it sounds like.

Side Note - How can such a small area like Greeley, have 2 fantastic breweries in Wiley and Weldworks? Sheesh, I came out to visit a couple of years ago, and wanted to come back ever since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider capn12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.