20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 130.
#951 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

For the knee jerk look at all the "assets/sculpts/mechs you get for the price, this game crushes a Stern Pro" don't forget that Stern Pros are frequently designed by some of the best and most experienced shot-layer-outers to ever do it, and that Stern code typically ends up at least very good and of sometimes great.
This isn't a knock on Spooky or this game. I hope Scooby Doo plays as good as the package looks. But shots and code—what we can't evaluate without playing or extensive video—are huge parts of the quality of a game.

Agreed, I'm mainly paying for layout and software - these are more important than art or sound or toys and that's what Spooky still has to demonstrate. We'll know more after the stream tomorrow.

#952 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:So what the ‘odds’ of getting a CE through spooky’s site?
Obviously you have to be a fang club member.
I can see myself and many others not getting a CE and putting a ‘non-refundable / non-transferable’ deposit down on the base model because that’s all that is left and then a week later you see you could have just got one from a distributor.
From an earlier post though it doesn’t look like they limit the number of games per model. Just total they are making.

99% Spooky is making more of these than any other pin they have ever made. Fastest sellout they had on a pin was R&M at 4 hours. If you are there when the order banks open and alot 30 minutes of time for technical difficulties you will get one. The sooner you complete your order, the closer to the front of the line.

#953 1 year ago

I agree - order through Kingpin. I wouldnt go direct the next time after doing that with HWN

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

So what the ‘odds’ of getting a CE through spooky’s site?
I can see myself and many others not getting a CE and putting a ‘non-refundable / non-transferable’ deposit down on the base model because that’s all that is left and then a week later you see you could have just got one from a distributor.
From an earlier post though it doesn’t look like they limit the number of games per model. Just total they are making.

#954 1 year ago

Looks good Spooky

what is the boardset on this game ?
(sorry if I missed it)

#955 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Sometimes the best and most experienced fall back on what they've done before also, making it repetitive and familiar even though it shoots well. Not saying that's bad just some people welcome different approaches, even if it makes the shots harder to make or a bit unconventional.

I'm not exactly sure I would call the Scooby layout "unconventional". Other than it being a wide-body, it's basically just a fan layout with an upper pf. I'm not saying that in a bad way, just that from a shot perspective, there's nothing really new here.

#956 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm not exactly sure I would call the Scooby layout "unconventional". Other than it being a wide-body, it's basically just a fan layout with an upper pf. I'm not saying that in a bad way, just that from a shot perspective, there's nothing really new here.

JJP said no more wide body games. Spooky said "hold my beer"!

#957 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

But JJP continues with the wide body prices, so there's that...

#958 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

If you secure a spot you can choose whatever trim you want. Spooky will make all 1969 games CE if that's what people want.

Wow so basically made to order!

#959 1 year ago

Well this just looks awesome! Excited to play it...layout looks crazy fun and love the 'apron ball lock'...upper playfield, yes please! Tons of ramps....sign me up! Fun theme for my generation...well done Spooky!

#960 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Who is Spooky DJ?

spooky_dj (resized).jpgspooky_dj (resized).jpg
#961 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

All the major manufacturers have kid friendly pins on the line. Sweet.

They know the market - Adult kids taking over!

#962 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

You can't make this comparison. Do you know what Pat's paycheck looks like? He makes more than Spooky's 2022 total revenue!

huh-confused.gifhuh-confused.gif
#963 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

But JJP continues with the wide body prices, so there's that...

JJP leads the way with raising prices and the other manufactures follow suit (Spooky included). Even worse with JJP, they raise prices and offer less in the BOM.

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

Looks good Spooky
what is the boardset on this game ?
(sorry if I missed it)

It's been asked if this is using Pinotaur or something else (PROC3?), but I haven't seen it answered by any Spooks so far.

#965 1 year ago

Of course its using Pinotaur. They made the switch and I'm sure this helped with the bom.

Quoted from PinMonk:

It's been asked if this is using Pinotaur or something else (PROC3?), but I haven't seen it answered by any Spooks so far.

#966 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

1.Where do you see it say wide body (were there specs)?
2. I'm a noob, how much more width would this have compared to normal width? Have a tight hallway/stairwell to the basement if I were to pull the trigger on this pin?

#967 1 year ago
Quoted from Lot49:

2. I'm a noob, how much more width would this have compared to normal width? Have a tight hallway/stairwell to the basement if I were to pull the trigger on this game?

It says so in the video release toward the end. I would wager that it is the Williams Super Pin width. Think TZ or IJ or DM.

#968 1 year ago
Quoted from Lot49:

2. I'm a noob, how much more width would this have compared to normal width? Have a tight hallway/stairwell to the basement if I were to pull the trigger on this game?

The head should be no wider than a standard.

#969 1 year ago

Thanks for all your responses and insight @lpeters82! The nod to Black Knight is super cool. Swinging for the fences with one more question...

I know the game is technically based on the original series, but blink once if there's any possibility of celebrity guest stars (real, cartoon, or even pinball-related) making an appearance.

#970 1 year ago
Quoted from arzoo:

The head is not wider than a standard.

Ah, great! Thanks for the quick response!

#971 1 year ago
Quoted from astro_judge:

Thanks for all your responses and insight lpeters82! The nod to Black Knight is super cool. Swinging for the fences with one more question...
I know the game is technically based on the original series, but blink once if there's any possibility of celebrity guest stars (real, cartoon, or even pinball-related) making an appearance.

I doubt it, due to separate licensing, but I think it would be super cool to see Lemmy V Ghost as a guest baddie or something.

#972 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I never argued a SE would be more valuable. I haven't even discussed which model would be more rare. That was other people. And yes, I play my games, not look at them while they're off, so $2K for bling of any kind isn't my cup of tea. If the SE has full gameplay under the glass, and I can even maybe buy 1-2 mods for things I wish were there, that's much more appealing to me.

More than bling, it's protection and shaker and knocker.

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Of course its using Pinotaur. They made the switch and I'm sure this helped with the bom.

I would prefer to hear confirmation from Spooky. Seems weird they wouldn't have already just said "yes, we're using pinotaur again" by now since it's been asked a few times with no reponse.

#974 1 year ago

It’s from the original series from 1969. Scrappy was never going to be put into the game.

#975 1 year ago

As best I can make out the rules printed in the lower left corner of the playfield:

Start a Case Collect White Clue Shots
Character Modes: Complete Character ?? Shots
Captain Cutler Multiball: Bash Cutler's Dive Helmet
Mystery Machine Multiball: Hit Spinners to qualify Lock
Scooby Snacks: Shoot Drop Targets to light Scooby Snacks
Scooby Snack Multiball: Redeem Scooby Snacks for Rewards
The Gang's All Here Wizard Mode: Complete all Character Modes
We Would Have Got Away With It Wizard Mode: Complete All Cases
Scooby Where Are You? Super Wizard Mode: Complete both Wizard Modes

Sounds fine and relatively conventional so far as it goes but the real rules for any pinball are longer than that, this is just a summary and of course doesn't go into what you actually DO in those character and case modes or multi balls. Hopefully tomorrow's gameplay video will shed more light but I wanted to do my part to help bring some of the gameplay info we do have out into the open.

#976 1 year ago

Call a distro today. You will have a spot 100%. They will finalize on Friday with you. Come on guys this is America!

#977 1 year ago
Quoted from astro_judge:

Thanks for all your responses and insight lpeters82! The nod to Black Knight is super cool. Swinging for the fences with one more question...

Personally, I'd love to have the Harlem Globetrotters, Kiss, Batman, and Don Knotts in the game. I would say the odds of that getting licensure approval is not great. As to references to other pinball machines, there will certainly be several Easter Eggs.

#978 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Personally, I'd love to have the Harlem Globetrotters, Kiss, Batman, and Don Knotts in the game. I would say the odds of that getting licensure approval is not great. As to references to other pinball machines, there will certainly be several Easter Eggs.

Lionman would've gotten away with it, if it weren't for those meddling kids?

#979 1 year ago

I see a bunch of people saying there will be gameplay tomorrow on the FB live Q&A, has Spooky confirmed this or is this just speculation?

#980 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

So what the ‘odds’ of getting a CE through spooky’s site?

Day they go on sale you would get one 100%.

#981 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Call a distro today. You will have a spot 100%. They will finalize on Friday with you. Come on guys this is America!

It’s the holidays - America needs you!!

A36C1D45-A922-4C4D-9613-6E28DEF01D03.gifA36C1D45-A922-4C4D-9613-6E28DEF01D03.gif

#982 1 year ago

Can I request a certain number on the game when I order? For example #69/1969? Can I ask the designers to sign the back for the cabinet head? First NIB Spooky.

#983 1 year ago

#984 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Can I request a certain number on the game when I order? For example #69/1969? Can I ask the designers to sign the back for the cabinet head? First NIB Spooky.

Only Kaneda can pick a specific number. If you order direct from Spooky you can most likely request the signatures.

#985 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

I’ve requested signatures twice and twice they forgot and sent me a card with signatures on it. If you want your game signed I would keep on top of that request.

#986 1 year ago

Pinball sales are down %% things are moving slower.
Think, Use your mind. Don't be a sheep.

#987 1 year ago

I want Freddie Prinze Jr to sign mine. And if I spelled his name wrong I don’t care.

#988 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

More than bling, it's protection and shaker and knocker.

None of which change what hits the ball or where the ball goes.

#989 1 year ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Dude you’re killing me. The more I find out about this game, the more I want it. The price is amazing. I can’t afford a NIB period, but if I could this would be the one. Might be willing to trade off F14 and JM to make it happen though

If you are selling JM, PM me

#990 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I couldn't care less what you, personally, do. I'm not trying to save you from anything. Put a deposit down sight-unseen on Elwin's Bond 60th if you like. I heard $18k wasn't getting it done lol, but if you've got the cash who am I to tell you how to spend it?
But asking for deposits before showing gameplay isn't a good thing for the hobby in general. I think it's very fair to push back on it and ask companies to do better. Politely and constructively. Almost everyone I've seen has said this game looks amazing, even if they're also asking for a little more info before committing.
Hopefully there's gameplay tomorrow and it's a non issue. That doesn't mean people don't have a right to ask for it.

It’s already been confirmed there’s a gameplay stream on Thursday.

#991 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Stern and JJP is that you?

#992 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

I really don’t understand this statement. Just because someone likes something or is interested in something, why does that make them a sheep. Maybe I just took this wrong.

#993 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

They are for sure - economy is slowing.

That said hot well priced product will sell. Scooby will sell out over the coming weeks.

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s already been confirmed there’s a gameplay stream on Thursday.

All it says on their FB page is a Q/A session, did they confirm it in this thread?

#995 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I see a bunch of people saying there will be gameplay tomorrow on the FB live Q&A, has Spooky confirmed this or is this just speculation?

Screenshot_20221207-161813_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221207-161813_Facebook (resized).jpg

Yup, all it says it q and a. I feel like someone confirmed video earlier though?

#996 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I would prefer to hear confirmation from Spooky. Seems weird they wouldn't have already just said "yes, we're using pinotaur again" by now since it's been asked a few times with no reponse.

I am certainly curious (supply chain challenges have hit everyone in different ways) but this question has been asked many times both on Pinside and Facebook and it has been ignored again and again and again and again.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

All it says on their FB page is a Q/A session, did they confirm it in this thread?

It was in this thread, but don’t remember whether they said just Q&A - I thought it was gameplay. Was one of the spooky guys.

Edit: Does just say “stream”….. in my mind that means gameplay but who knows. Q&A sounds less like gameplay.

Quoted from SpookyBug:

We actually went out and bought a generator to run the projector and my laptop so we could show the teaser. And then just 5 minutes before reveal the power came back on!
Full reveal will be in the very near future. We're going to be doing a live stream this Thursday at 7PM Central answering everyone's questions as well.

#998 1 year ago

Now that it is announced....can we get the under playfield shot? I understand that this time it couldn't be done beforehand. Based on the Facebook comment.

#999 1 year ago

The buying community should see gameplay. That is a stand up way to sell.

#1000 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

None of which change what hits the ball or where the ball goes.

Why not just make white woods then? lol. I like the whole pinball experience. Fortunately Spooky makes 3 versions just like automakers, some people like 4 banger Camry with cloth interior hub caps and roll up windows and manual locks and they make versions that sell much better with alloys, power locks and windows...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,464 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 130.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.