20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

PLUS Frank Welker, Matthew Lillard (great choice since Casey Kasem no longer with us), Kate Micucci (this threw me for a loop since Pat Stevens is only 64), and Grey DeLisle! Nice work whoever set this up.

Lillard has been Shaggy in the cartoons since Kasem retired in 2009. Kate Micucci has been Velma since 2015.

Welker is the all time GOAT.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Wow. Now curious who designed the playfield shots etc but…. This screams Rick and Morty level immersion and use of theme. The voice acting cast is jaw dropping. Nice Spooky!

…but will Scooby call me a piece of shit if I miss the ramps?

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Spooky know how to pick a theme. Leave the mainstream, mega expensive and restrictive themes to Stern and clean up with niche, targeted and less expensive properties with heaps of source material, and license holders and OG talent that are genuinely happy to be working on a pinball machine.

Halloween is mainstream. Rick & Morty is mainstream. Scooby is mainstream.

They were just off the radar of the people picking themes at other companies.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

People don't seem to realize that Scooby Doo still gets a ton of animated movies and tv shows still. It's been a very consistent IP for many years now

It’s pretty much never ended production since the 60s. There have been a constant flow of TV series, direct to video movies, theatrical movies, video games, etc.

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

I've never understood the CE/LE announcement with the launch of a game. I really don't understand it now that some are trying to get $13K out of them before anyone has really got to play them.
I would think they would do a 2 tier BSE/Standard or Premium/Pro to start. If the game is a hit or becomes a hit then you can base your CE run on it. Similar to how Adams Family gold went. If the game is a monster, like Godzilla, do a run of 1000 CE/LE's and charge whatever you think the market will bear.

This isn't the 90's. Addams was mostly in locations. There was barely a home market. Now it's almost entirely a home market with big spenders and collectors. LE/CE is offered up front, because "get it or its gone" is easy money. The other "lesser" versions are just gravy, if the game is still in demand. If there's no LE/CE at launch...the usual suspects who ONLY buy that type of game are going to sit and wait it out...and people who buy Premiums/Pros will also wait to play first...why would they order a game when there's no FOMO? FOMO sells games and has kept these companies in business during this weird era of home-buyer pinball.

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

If this is true...I'll be sitting, then

I was just giving an example about why all companies do CE/LE editions. All Spooky games are limited. That’s their biz model. Nothing to worry about if limitedness is important to you.

#524 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is that an actual shot of a printed Scooby Doo playfield, or the art proof? That is, will the inserts be milky white, or is the white of the inserts on the shot just because it's where the insert goes when it's printed and the actual inserts will be starburst-style clear or colored on the real deal playfield?

Look at TNA, R&M, and UM. Same thing. They’re milky frosted because every insert has an RGB LED.

#851 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I played Bond Pro last night at HQ Beercade, then I see this today. Ain't even in the same league! Bond Premium canceled, finger ready for Friday 10am to order a Scooby CE. Bond is empty, uninspired and overpriced. Scooby got some love and feels like it's worth the cost.

It’s interesting, Bond & Scoob are both 60s licenses, but Bond looks like an old 90s Sega pin while Scoob looks new and fresh.

#1085 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's hard to believe this is the first time it's been licensed for a pin.

In a way I’m kind of glad it took until this moment in time, so Spooky could use the artists they wanted on it & have it look so good. I feel like if this was done in the 80’s or 90’s, you’d have that “stiff airbrushed VHS cover/cereal box” style art.

#1100 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

On the other side some will be locked in due to FOMO and non-refundable deposits. Just show the gameplay and let the people see and make a decision for themselves and no one gets hurt. Simple ! Maybe Spooky wants to lock the money. Hmmmm! If the gameplay and code is no good people will turn away.
If they like it bingo buy it.

My hot take: Spooky is doing the “up to 1969” to help ease the FOMO. That’s a higher number than any game they’ve done - but, they don’t HAVE to do that many unless that demand is there. It’s still a limit, but the limit is flexible (until #1969 in any case). No one has to rush. Scooby maniacs will buy early. We’ll see gameplay or be able to play while they’re still in production, and if you like it - you can order one later and still get one. Win for all, IMO.

#1130 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Isn’t the code buggy as hell? That affects all games.

The only bugs I’ve noticed are some sloppy screen transitions and one instance of text being cut off. Haven’t noticed any bugs that affect gameplay on the current code. I wouldn’t count that as “buggy as hell” but rather “needs polish”.

#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from MitchMitchell:

Only thing that bums me out, is its so limited, I wish the CE was limited to 1969 units and the Standard and BSE had runs over the next few years like Stern does. Id be in for a Standard on a later run 100%.

1969 isn’t that limited. There are non-limited pins that don’t even get to that number.

#1296 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

The big question is will it sell out. 1969 is a lot but they sold out of Halloween/UM really quickly and this theme is likely more popular. I wouldn't be surprised if it's out the door within a day or two.

A lot changes in a few years. Keep in mind:

Rick & Morty: Killer theme (adult humor is always desired in pinball), Scott Danesi coming off his hotness of TNA, only 750 units.

After that, the hype was on Spooky. FOMO & Flippers were salivating. We were in that weird Covid time where pinball demand was through the roof. People gobbled up HW/UM thinking they were getting the next R&M. It didn’t pan out that way for some and there was a lot of negativity and money walked away from.

So - going into Scooby…Spooky hype is lower. The market is a bit softer. Buyers aren’t gobbling up anything & everything. Based on this context - I don’t see the game selling out right away.

Prediction: It sells a decent amount to people who love Scooby & always wanted a Scoob pin. People impressed by the package will bite as well. I could see somewhere between 500-800 selling by this weekend. Then it’s up to the game to prove itself. Word of mouth has to chip away at the negative narrative of HW/UM. (For the record, I think my UM is awesome…but there’s a lot of vocal negative noise out there). If there’s a consistent stream of praise…about the quality, gameplay, code, fun factor etc. - that will sell the rest of the units. If there are similar complains like HW/UM…people will pass & go for whatever comes next from Stern or the others.

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Frank Welker's uncut callouts for Fred alone were around two hours.

Now that you’re bros, bring him back for Megatron & Soundwave when you do Transformers G1

#2019 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Have you people seen the game play? Looks worse than Halloween/Ultraman. Will never ever buy another pinball machine without playing it first!!!! Halloween CE arrived absolutely in Stunning condition, I couldn’t stop staring at it, the butter cabinet made me late to work every morning, couldn’t stop admiring this incredible game. But 2-weeks later I couldn’t wait to get it out of my house!!! What an absolute train wreck of a pinball machine when it comes to actually playing it!! Traded away for a NIB Guardians Pro, lost $4k on the deal, But Guardians is 100,000,000 x Better than Halloween!!! Will never trust a Spooky again, that shipped sailed when Scott Denisi left!!! Scooby Doo looks Stunning also, game play looks boring.

TLDR: Bobaleebobo

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 29.00
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.