20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russmyers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Another theme where you have to be 40 but mentally going on 14.

I'm 54 going on 12 but I feel seen now.

RM

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

If Scrappy Doo is featured I'm out. He brought the series to an end.

Scrappy Doo would be just fine as a Secret Wizard Mode where he gets eaten alive by an actual Demon.

RM

#553 1 year ago

That SD start button is awesome. MUST HAVE. The Mystery Machine blue trim is killer.

RM

#560 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Would you settle for it being a launch button instead?

I WOULD

#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

So can anyone recommend a distributor to call for one of these ?

Cointaker and PinballSTAR are both Spooky Distros.

RM

#1553 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Backbox should be exactly the same

Put my order in for a Scooby Doo CE.

This is going to be awesome.

RM

#1590 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Glad you will be around in the forums for SD too RM, you've helped me fix a lot of things over the years.

Thanks, man. That makes me feel great.

I like helping people out; I've certainly gotten a lot of help over the years.

RussM

#1600 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Be forgiving of the wiring lol! It's pre production.
[quoted image]

I see you added rubber foot-stops to the service rails.

RussM

#2470 1 year ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

Is that a year after the last game ships or from initial shipped game? Not being a stickler here. Just want to know. We love our Spooky games here but code is still my biggest problem with all except TNA and R&M.

Well, the run pf HWN/UM has finished and Spooky has made it clear they will continue code updates for at least another year for those games.

RM

#2471 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Can anyone from spooky comment on the wide body glass size? Are you using a standard wide body size? The reason I’m asking is I want to order some PDI glass for the game and hope it’s the standard size.
Thanks!

I believe they stated yes, it will be the "standard widebody" size glass (like the WPC Superpins, IJ, STTNG, etc) which is 23.75" x 43" x 3/16"

I guess make sure from them before ordering.

RM

#2826 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

^^^ love the lanterns. Yeah, Scooby creeped around on two legs in every haunted mansion episode with a lantern in his paw. That is probably one of the most iconic things about the show. Maybe a modder will be left to distribute them, but it shoulda been spooky.

I'm sure some modder will come up with cool vintage-looking ones, maybe flame bulbs, maybe a Nautical-looking one for near Captain Cutler.

Insta-buy.

RM

#2881 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I’m still hoping for that Spooky upvote on my sound request.
Coin!Coin!coin![quoted image]

The "Coin, coin, coin!" Mummy should happen in at LEAST 2 instances:

1. No game in progress, user hits either flipper button

2. Game is on Coin Play, but there are no credits, and user hits the Start button

RM

#2939 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

come on, positive vibes man. EHOH will happen.

I have EHOH on order too. I'm not very hopeful.

It is possible they will never be made.

It is very probable if they get made, there will be no where near enough to meet demand.

It is extremely probable the price will be outrageous. I'm betting it will release at $10,500 or higher for EHOH Premium.

Over 10K, I'm out.

RM

3 weeks later
#4180 1 year ago

One of the most annoying things I could imagine hearing out of this beautiful machine would be "Let me at em', I'll splat em'. Puppy poweeerrrr!!" Over and over and over.....Good lord, makes me shudder just imagining it

Actually, might make a good punishment clip if you tilt more than once.

RM

#4373 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

They stated we are getting some sort of R mode but we will have to wait and see what it is. Also was mention of another surprise that was alluded to in one of the interviews back during announcement that has not be made clear yet. Live stream announcement incoming too. I think those are the 3 we know of but are waiting for.

I am betting there will be a "Mature Mode" selectable in the Menu and if you pick it the game responds with: "This is Scooby Doo, not The Sporanos - what the hell is wrong with you?"

RM

1 week later
#4733 1 year ago
Quoted from CurtisC:

Crap....
I bet this is going to make the 3 sterns that will be in the same room sound like a cat throwing up.

You can add a real knocker to your Spike 2 games VERY EASILY and pretty cheap too.

Takes like 20 minutes.

RM

#4738 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

What I take away from this is that STERN could very easily and pretty cheaply add a real knocker probably less than 20 minutes.

And that has been absolutely true since they did away with the physical knockers in the early 2000s and replaced them with that godawful digital SCREECH.

It has to be 20 bucks in parts and wiring for Stern but they just stopped putting them in even though they are pure pinball IMO.

Same with those f*cking pegs instead of the support rails.

RM

#4745 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

They could at least create a new sound that sounds a little like a knocker - God knows it can't be worse than what they have, but apparently they can't be bothered to even do that.

Would be hilarious if it was just a human voice saying: "Ummm...KNOCK!!"

RM

#4784 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Maybe this has been discussed, but a “Velma lost her glasses mode” would be awesome. GI could be dark dark or strobed making it hard to see the shot(s) you need to make.

That would be freaking EPIC.

Also make the video display go all blurry.

RM

#4821 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

So this game is not a “true” wide body”…..
Looks like wide body upper playfield, but lower playfield gives to backstage orchestra?

Spooky has stated their design intent was to use the Widebody playfield size to have the actual lower playfield be more or less standard width and use the extra space on the sides to fit stuff in that would have left less room fitting it all in on the normal width field.

Did I explain that coherently because I haven't had enough coffee yet.

RussM

#4899 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Has the BS version sold out? Or would that only be a distributors allotment that is sold out?

OK, my understanding is that Spooky games are build-to-order, so it is impossible to run out of any particular version as long as the entire build queue of 1969 games is not already ordered as a particular version.

RM

#5030 1 year ago

I love the idea of locks in the apron! However, as someone pointed out way earlier in the thread, this is difficult to "unsee" once seen. It's unfortunate and a bit humorous at the same time. Perhaps it's an opportunity for the modding community to remedy?
[quoted image]

Look, we are all 12 years old at heart and just about anything that is proportionally longer than it is wide gets made into a dick-shape by our eternally adolescent brains. It's dicks everywhere, so it just doesn't concern me.

RM

#5037 1 year ago

Nothing will ever be as obvious as the "space microphone" on the arcade game Scramble's bezel.

RM

#5493 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I may have missed it, but would be great if each case offered a unique perk on completion/unmasking. That would add a level of strategy to choosing cases and locking them in.

That's a good idea.

RM

#5516 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

At the moment, once you've visited a location/case, whether you pass it or drain out, the corresponding insert in the lower middle of the playfield will stay lit to indicate you've visited it. At the moment, you cannot go back into a case once you've visited it, but the exact mechanics there are subject to change.
The blinking bravery meter when low is a great idea; we plan to implement that in the near future.

Maybe start the blink off slow when you are getting low and gets faster when you are "critical".

RM

#5820 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Where’s this doco available?

Search for "Things That Go Bump in the Night: The Spooky Pinball Story (2017)"

RM

#5909 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The ones that are removed won't have a plastic in place of them sadly.

I am guessing there will be a brisk business in alternative sculpts, additional toys and signs, etc etc just like with any other popular game.

RM

1 week later
#6277 1 year ago

Finally got my SD CE build number - #534, so maybe end of June?

Very excited.

RussMyers

4 weeks later
#6432 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

About 15 games in and you can see what I believe to be a crack on the left bottom side of the left ramp. I think I saw a few posts about it many pages ago but that whole assembly seems weak when hit from the right. I do fear it wont be long before that screw is holding in nothing. Other slight nuisance is that the auto plunge timing seems off. It attempts to fire early enough before the ball is just in place to not launch leaving the ball in lane requiring me to hit the lock down button to launch. Will try to dig in a bit this weekend.

Is the ramp plastic or steel?

If powdercoated steel, the crack may just be in the powdercoating, and not the ramp itself cracking.

If plastic, that's an issue, yes.

RussM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider russmyers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=russmyers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.