20230328_181118 (resized).jpg
20230328_181545 (resized).jpg
20230328_180833 (resized).jpg
BE05C8C4-31FB-43E8-A5E6-337A1E9E9377 (resized).jpeg
43782B1B-4F63-45E0-AD6A-37180D1CC512 (resized).jpeg
6AEE14D4-84AF-46D6-85B5-0E9FD2BAC017 (resized).jpeg
CF8547BD-6F48-4D7B-AC93-A2BDA5F36D65 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

11 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #617 Pricing and differences for each model. Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #1044 Game distributors Posted by KingPinGames (1 year ago)

Post #1791 Hi-Res playfield images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #1793 Hi-res Cabinet images Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #2403 Feature matrix Posted by PanzerKraken (1 year ago)

Post #3155 Scooby Doo Machine Number Tracker Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #4421 Underside of playfied picture from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4422 Another underside of the PF from Spooky's FB page. Posted by bobukcat (1 year ago)

Post #4619 Sneak peek gameplay video Posted by CoolCatPinball (1 year ago)

Post #5134 Offical Gameplay Reveal Posted by SpookyBug (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#236 1 year ago

One thing not yet mentioned is Pinotaur. I will not buy another game with the current SMT-transistor board. Spooky, please redesign this with through-hole parts that don't crater the board when a coil shorts out. It'd be nice if this redesign could be used in HWN/UM as well.

#1055 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Have you considered that maybe the bottom side and board set as well as other advancements down there could be a huge positive not a negative surprise?

As long as it's backwards compatible with HWN/UM.

I own three Spooky games and they're equipped with three completely different boardsets. Besides the lack of serviceability, the fact HWN/UM software had to be written from scratch for pinotaur and thus barebones on features kinda sucks. Please choose a system and stick with it for a while.

The Scooby game looks fantastic. Hoping for no unpleasant surprises this time!

#1203 1 year ago

If license is the issue...

Turn the volume all the way down and cover up the LCD. Play it and let folks see how the game shoots. We've already seen the playfield art so the licensor seems happy with that. If showing the lightshow is an issue, disconnect the controlled lighting. Geometry, shots and flow are the most important; go ahead and show us all that while maybe describing what features you're shooting for.

#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I noticed that the “spooky gang” hasn’t been chiming in here lately…hmmm……
Did they get scared ??

Workday ends at 5pm and posting here sure seems like work at times...

#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Game shoots like a dream …no “bad geometry” blah blah if that were actually the case I wouldn’t be able to do speed runs to ‘Boogeyman’ on this thing.

lol you've admitted here that you rigged your sanitarium playfield to fix geometry problems, blocking holes and making it much easier. You've also had to adjust your center ramp diverter. My orbits register intermittently due to poorly placed switches (which also occurred on R&M). As it ships- the game definitely has issues.

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Hopefully it won't be long for those waiting on the Halloween code.

Thursday ends in 10 hours for CONUS, hopefully y'all can make your deadline

#1639 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is a Matthew Donnelly here from Facebook?

Yeah he's this dude

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/mpdpvdpin

#1644 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably dual, but doesn't matter. Even a dedicated lower power hold-only circuit will increase temps over time if driven by 1ms or longer duty cycles. Microsecond duty cycles are the key to temp stability in hold, regardless of single or dual wound coils.

what?

Dual-wound coils don't use duty-cycling.

On activation, both the high current (fewer windings) and low current (many windings) coils are energized, providing a strong initial flip. As the flipper reaches the end of it's stroke, the crankshaft pawl opens the EOS switch and either physically cuts power to the high-current coil, or tells the computer to cut power, leaving only the low current, high winding coil energized. This is enough to keep the flipper up but not enough current to overheat. The coil should not increase in temperature even after long holds if the windings are correct.

HWN uses dual-wound coils but after dealing with ridiculous amounts of heat and fade, even with fans, I suspect they are not being driven properly in current code.

#1647 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks dude looks like he’s ignoring me now, so he doesn’t have to pay up the $1000 he bet me.

Oh well shows his character

Can't say I'm surprised at all.

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Anything that gets power can be duty cycled. Just a question of how small of power slices the hardware allows. ALL the dual wound coils I've tested on modern machines gain heat in hold. ALL of them. It's not just Spooky machines.

Can be but shouldn't be. I have no idea why modern games with dual-wound coils suck so badly. WMS managed to get it right for hundreds of thousands of games, there is no duty-cycling on any of their games and the flippers worked fine. Gotta go back to SYS11 and cruddy HV cabinet/EOS switches before you had regular problems. Meanwhile the plungers on HWN will leave a blister if you touch more than a couple seconds after a long game.

Really hoping they can get this figured out. R&M was fine after Stellenberg helped out with code.

#1652 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is flipper power adjustable? Maybe the metal flippers and fans are the answer?

In 1.08a, no. Hope today's update gives some power control. They're ridiculously overpowered initially, then heat up to a soggy mess after 30min. I will give credit, they still make the ramps, but I think that's more about the center ramp being right in the sweet spot from left flipper. All the shots change significantly from cold to hot.

#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Better with knockdowns, but R&M is still at the high end of fade offenders. Limited by hardware.

My HWN fades much more noticeably than my R&M. Got both games right here and it ain't close. HWN is the worst offender by far. I've never felt pain touching a flipper plunger til this game. Must be Michael inside of it...

#1691 1 year ago

Paging Spooky M4tt, you're wanted in Aisle 78, the Halloween download still links to 1.08a..

#1693 1 year ago

I installed it and see no additional options for shaker, knocker, topper in settings. Sure looks like 1.08a to me. What should I look for to confirm 1.09?

#2211 1 year ago

My JJP WOZ ECLE with their version of butter came pre-scratched so I didn't have to worry about it. Thanks Jack!

4 weeks later
#4255 1 year ago

Godwin's law mandated the purge.

2 weeks later
#5069 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

I haven't followed every detail of Spooky over the years, and I'm assuming it hasn't been asked. Spooky related, not Scooby but: I know they are working on code while also making games (looks like from Facebook at least 20+). Not sure if they have even more than that done or in progress since it's been some time since that post. I think they said they were able to hit 40 games per week, but if you are waiting on code, is the shop getting full or is other stuff on the assembly line and that was just a small batch?

Pretty sure games are built and shipped regardless of code, assuming they at least have a good base version to ship. After that the games go out the door.

#5112 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think we made huge leaps and bounds from first HWUM code to first Scooby Doo code.

I'm very happy for those buying Scooby, but I gotta admit I cringe every time I read how much better this launch will be compared to HWN/UM. Scooby is going to launch with better code than HWN has after 15 months of development. I really regret buying that game. Hope this one is better for y'all.

#5117 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Also, not sure what your issues are with the code on HWN, they'll get there, some of you are ridiculously impatient in ways that are comical due to their absurdity

The code isn't anywhere near what I'd expect after 15 months. Cringe isn't for them doing well on Scooby, it's how bad HWN/UM have been handled.

Quoted from manadams:

game is good and very immersive currently with a few minor bugs

The bugs are far from minor but this isn't the thread for it. Looking forward to seeing a proper game release with Scooby.

#5672 1 year ago

I'm surprised Pinballstar is enforcing that transfer fee. IIRC it was to stop scalpers, which is completely useless since people can still buy the game new. Looks like ya'll need to find a better distributor.

#5686 1 year ago

Only pinballstar came up with that transfer fee, pretty sure kingpin and other distributors don't do that.

#5899 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yeah the ACNC stock we had went super fast. I'm going to get some more made asap.

"Hey, you... grab that hammer and come with me. We need more scratch and dent playfields ASAP"

Artwork on that playfield is awesome.

3 weeks later
#6372 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve had glass explode in my hand without coming into contact with anything else a bunch of times

A bunch of times? That is.... incredibly unlucky? 25 years of collecting and I've had only 2 breakages, both from the glass being knocked over as it was leaning against something else (klutzy friend and a cat were the perps).

When I slide the glass out I'll grab it at the top with one hand tightly and let it hang as I carry it, never had a problem.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Cold glass, warm hands, exploding surprise time. It's happened to me before the same way, and it's very surprising when one second you're holding glass, the next it's gone.

Are y'all grabbing the corners or the top middle? I grab the top middle, maybe warming up the corners is bad news...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
NinjaCamp Mods
Plastics
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-scooby-doo-hype-thread?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.