(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,675 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Pinkitten
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

972946E7-8C53-4236-9BA3-08E7C451FCD8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 234.
#11151 43 days ago
Quoted from Boxedbeef:

Does anyone have recommendations for the monitor adjustment on Scooby Doo
Or is Factory settings good ?

85 Contrast, 25 Brightness, and Gamma On.

#11152 43 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There's a bit more complicated answer, that has to do with the nonlinear nature of volume perception and human hearing. The game does account for that, but the simple answer is that you can get much more fine control with your volume buttons if you turn the main volume down on your amp. It makes sense if you think about it. If you cut a 16" pizza into 8-slices they are bigger then when you cut a 8" pizza into 8-slices.
Here are the approximate settings on my personal game:
Volume: 50%
Base: 20%
Treble: 80%
Crossover: 10%
Subwoofer: 10%
PS: We'll reduce the frequency of Mystery Awards in a "b" patch shortly. Going to stick with Scooby Snacks, it's on the rules card, but we'll increase the boost so the first will be easy; but the subsequent snacks needed will be increased +3 per award instead of +1 per award.

For any with volume issues this 100% improved everything with the adjustment on the amp.

Thank you for sharing this with us! As always spooky is the best!

#11153 43 days ago

I can never have anything nice. I was GC for 24 hours. Wife just blew it up. 1 monster away from the wizard mode. Damn!

IMG_0070 (resized).jpegIMG_0070 (resized).jpeg
#11154 43 days ago

Awesome update spooky!

#11155 43 days ago

I just had a 430 million game. 2 extra balls. Was playing the last villain when I drained. Long game. I counted 7 mystery awards. Didn't feel excessive at all. Canceled out the video with the flipper buttons and kept it moving.

I think this was the first time I unmasked the knight. Maybe I don't hate that mode so much anymore.

Awesome update.

#11156 43 days ago

#keepthemysteryawardsasis

#11157 43 days ago

The mystery awards are good. I just got done playing TSPP and at least half the time hitting the garage you get a mystery award. This code really brings this pin to an all new level…it’s a blast!

#11158 43 days ago

Well my nights not going as planned. I wanted to play the new Wizard mode but instead got fed-up of my balls getting stuck in the subway. It didn't seem to matter how off or exact I leveled it, the ball didn't appear to make it to the VUK. I decided to take the subway off but accidently snapped my lantern against the back box when lifting the playfield. Totally my fault.

Good news, I think I've identified the subway issue as a slightly bent end piece that also has a slight gap right before the VUK. The bad news is I need to think of how I can print a fix for this lantern mod. It's hard to see the bend in the pictures but in person its extremely easy to see how bent upwards it is.

Spooky bad day (resized).jpgSpooky bad day (resized).jpgSpooky subways (resized).jpgSpooky subways (resized).jpg

#11159 43 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I can never have anything nice. I was GC for 24 hours. Wife just blew it up. 1 monster away from the wizard mode. Damn![quoted image]

Damn I racked up this GC and was pretty proud of myself. Lol! I’ve obviously got work to do.

IMG_3418 (resized).jpegIMG_3418 (resized).jpeg
#11160 43 days ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

Well my nights not going as planned. I wanted to play the new Wizard mode but instead got fed-up of my balls getting stuck in the subway. It didn't seem to matter how off or exact I leveled it, the ball didn't appear to make it to the VUK. I decided to take the subway off but accidently snapped my lantern against the back box when lifting the playfield. Totally my fault.
Good news, I think I've identified the subway issue as a slightly bent end piece that also has a slight gap right before the VUK. The bad news is I need to think of how I can print a fix for this lantern mod. It's hard to see the bend in the pictures but in person its extremely easy to see how bent upwards it is.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I fixed mine this morning before work. Mine had the screw tab across from the vuk bent wrong causing it not to line up with the screw hole in the playfield. The screw was in at a really steep angle causing my subway to bowl at the vuk keeping the ball from rolling into the vuk. I just took that screw out which caused my subway to relax. There is a gap between my subway and vuk, but it plays great since I removed that screw and tension.

#11161 43 days ago

Just had two games in a row that rebooted when I finished a mode (robot and black knight). I’m redownloading the code and trying again….
Edit:
I think it may have been the usb strip lighting I had plugged directly into the computer. Likely my fault.

#11162 43 days ago

Silly question. How do you qualify for an extra ball? I swear I've gotten to 25 and 50 SS but it only ever triggers the mystery. Stinks because I could have gotten an extra try to go higher! Current high score:

20240314_225854 (resized).jpg20240314_225854 (resized).jpg
#11163 43 days ago

1823 BSE finally in the house. Worked up an awesome 7mm on the old code.
New code high score is 250MM about 40 games played so far.
Seems to be a bug that if the bonus is in the millions - say 2,xxx,xxx bonus given ends up being 20,xxx,xxx like there’s a 0 slipped in the coding. Has happened on Fred and Scooby that I know of.

#11164 43 days ago

Installed the new code tonight and played a couple of games.

Spooky, you guys absolutely knocked it out of the park on this one. I did run into a small bug on Cutler mode (froze up, dive helmet hits weren't registering) but played my next game without any issues. Love the mystery awards and don't find them excessive. Love the potential chaos they can bring. Scoring just "feels" better.

Top 10 game now in my books, serious fun. Can't wait for the next update and to get some coop rolling with friends to try to make it to a wizard mode

#11165 43 days ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

1823 BSE finally in the house. Worked up an awesome 7mm on the old code.
New code high score is 250MM about 40 games played so far.
Seems to be a bug that if the bonus is in the millions - say 2,xxx,xxx bonus given ends up being 20,xxx,xxx like there’s a 0 slipped in the coding. Has happened on Fred and Scooby that I know of.

…the bonus calculation often is completely confusing for me, too.

#11166 42 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There's a bit more complicated answer, that has to do with the nonlinear nature of volume perception and human hearing. The game does account for that, but the simple answer is that you can get much more fine control with your volume buttons if you turn the main volume down on your amp. It makes sense if you think about it. If you cut a 16" pizza into 8-slices they are bigger then when you cut a 8" pizza into 8-slices.
Here are the approximate settings on my personal game:
Volume: 50%
Base: 20%
Treble: 80%
Crossover: 10%
Subwoofer: 10%
PS: We'll reduce the frequency of Mystery Awards in a "b" patch shortly. Going to stick with Scooby Snacks, it's on the rules card, but we'll increase the boost so the first will be easy; but the subsequent snacks needed will be increased +3 per award instead of +1 per award.

I have to agree my sound went off the charts on the new update and I had to pause playing it a couple of times to re-adjust it. I'll make my changes that you suggested, so thanks for the input.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually love the mystery shots and I don't want to see them made harder. I suck at pinball and I'm not a great player, but I enjoy the crap out of them. Some guys can get BILLIONS in scores and hate "easy" pins, but for the more casual player I like the additions that gives players like me a chance to rack up some points and possibly see more of the game.

I say leave that part alone on the next code update.

#11167 42 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually love the mystery shots and I don't want to see them made harder. I suck at pinball and I'm not a great player, but I enjoy the crap out of them. Some guys can get BILLIONS in scores and hate "easy" pins, but for the more casual player I like the additions that gives players like me a chance to rack up some points and possibly see more of the game.
I say leave that part alone on the next code update.

I don't disagree; the best way IMO is just make it adjustable in the Settings - Mystery Awards EASY (as now +1 progressive) or HARD (+3 progressive)

Satisfies everyone, not hard to code

RM

#11168 42 days ago

Apologies if it's already in there but I'd like ' lite Ruh Roh ' ( if not already lit ) as a mystery award, with a high priority. TBH I've never liked the way they work, unless you pick scooby you're actively wishing/trying to drain out the left while ball save is still on to lite one of the inserts, which just doesn't feel right. On TNA the outlane inserts were also tied into the inlanes so you could lite them without draining out an outlane, on scooby the only way to lite one is to drain that way while ball save is still active.

#11169 42 days ago

Installed code last night and my shooter lane can't get the ball out until a few tries. I had it set for stock before and had no issues. Anyone else have this happen? I know I can juice it up, but was curious if Spooky turned down the coil power by default. Volume levels were all over the place as well, I will try tweaking these tonight as well.

#11170 42 days ago

I am having issues with the new code. Game will load shooter lane fire ball. Load again and fire ball. It will also end balls after hitting some shots. It's another mystery! LOL

#11171 42 days ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

I am having issues with the new code. Game will load shooter lane fire ball. Load again and fire ball. It will also end balls after hitting some shots. It's another mystery! LOL

1 possible fix ..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/222#post-8076272

#11172 42 days ago

hahaha I hope they patch that

Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Found a bug in the new code.
[quoted image]

#11173 42 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Apologies if it's already in there but I'd like ' lite Ruh Roh ' ( if not already lit ) as a mystery award, with a high priority. TBH I've never liked the way they work, unless you pick scooby you're actively wishing/trying to drain out the left while ball save is still on to lite one of the inserts, which just doesn't feel right. On TNA the outlane inserts were also tied into the inlanes so you could lite them without draining out an outlane, on scooby the only way to lite one is to drain that way while ball save is still active.

I agree, it would be nice to earn the outlane ball saves without having to drain or pick Scooby as a character. I wouldn't make it something as easy as collecting clues, instead I would tie it to something to incentivizes players. Maybe character modes started?

Quoted from JDub03:

Installed code last night and my shooter lane can't get the ball out until a few tries. I had it set for stock before and had no issues. Anyone else have this happen? I know I can juice it up, but was curious if Spooky turned down the coil power by default. Volume levels were all over the place as well, I will try tweaking these tonight as well.

I've had this happen once to me and I re-downloaded the code and reinstalled it, the issue disappeared. It's strange but I've done this twice for two different issues that happened after update and both times it fixed the issue.

#11174 42 days ago

Balls magnetized. Mystery Solved!

#11175 42 days ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

Balls magnetized. Mystery Solved!

I guess they forgot the line of code that activates the degaussing circuit .

#11176 42 days ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

I agree, it would be nice to earn the outlane ball saves without having to drain or pick Scooby as a character. I wouldn't make it something as easy as collecting clues, instead I would tie it to something to incentivizes players. Maybe character modes started?

How about for collecting the green ghoul crossover jackpot? that would be cool. Or for making that almost impossible loop on the upper playfield

#11177 42 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I guess they forgot the line of code that activates the degaussing circuit .

Is this real or a joke? I updated the code yesterday morning and by the time our tourney started at 7 the game started behaving wildly launching balls and ending games, after hemming and hawing over it for an hour (it happened right after I had the playfield up, thought maybe I was the cause) I found the balls were magnetized and doing weird shit in the trough. I was going to replace the balls today but if it’s just going to happen again (and there is a degaussing circuit) I might revert to the old code for now.

#11178 42 days ago

Holy Crap!!! Got to the new wizard mode and what a treat. This game is the best theme integrated game ever and I was not the biggest SD fan growing up either. Spooky does top notch theme integration. Two more wizard modes coming also, man if you are a big SD fan it's a crime if you don't own this game.

20240315_103601 (resized).jpg20240315_103601 (resized).jpg
#11179 42 days ago
Quoted from AJBADASS:

Is this real or a joke? I updated the code yesterday morning and by the time our tourney started at 7 the game started behaving wildly launching balls and ending games, after hemming and hawing over it for an hour (it happened right after I had the playfield up, thought maybe I was the cause) I found the balls were magnetized and doing weird shit in the trough. I was going to replace the balls today but if it’s just going to happen again (and there is a degaussing circuit) I might revert to the old code for now.

It was a joke, there isn't a degause circuit in the game. If your balls do get magnetized quickly, replace with Carbon balls. They will last longer.

#11180 42 days ago
Quoted from JDub03:

It was a joke, there isn't a degause circuit in the game. If your balls do get magnetized quickly, replace with Carbon balls. They will last longer.

I like em shiny though…

#11181 42 days ago
Quoted from AJBADASS:

Just curious as to how you tested them for magnetism. My machine spits out balls all the damn time. I took them out of the machine and tested them on metal items and they didnt feel like they were magnetized. I want to test the way you did just to rule this out on mine.

#11182 42 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

Just curious as to how you tested them for magnetism. My machine spits out balls all the damn time. I took them out of the machine and tested them on metal items and they didnt feel like they were magnetized. I want to test the way you did just to rule this out on mine.

Well for starters they would sit together in the trough and not roll down.
I put two of them on a wooden table, they stuck together just a tiny bit. With a small tap I had one ball orbiting the other while it remained stationary.

#11183 42 days ago

Sorry if this has been asked in the forum already. I searched and didn’t see an answer…

Any chance a mirror backglass will be available at some point? Or has anyone done a backbox lighting kit?

New code is amazing. Thx.

#11184 42 days ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Sorry if this has been asked in the forum already. I searched and didn’t see an answer…
Any chance a mirror backglass will be available at some point? Or has anyone done a backbox lighting kit?
New code is amazing. Thx.

CE has a backglass - not mirrored

No lighting kit has been done other than the factory.

#11185 42 days ago
Quoted from AJBADASS:

Well for starters they would sit together in the trough and not roll down.
I put two of them on a wooden table, they stuck together just a tiny bit. With a small tap I had one ball orbiting the other while it remained stationary.

I just checked them again and I have confirmed they are not magnetized. I tested with small screwdrivers, a small bolt and even some cool paper that showed if anything is magnetized. My wife is an engineer who sells magdrive pumps and he had it... who knew that even existed.

So that is not my issue.

#11186 42 days ago
Quoted from AJBADASS:

What would previous code have to do with the balls not being magnetized??? This is absurd.

#11187 42 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

What would previous code have to do with the balls not being magnetized??? This is absurd.

"It was a Pun..."

#11189 42 days ago

Can someone tell me what advances the clock to activate the green ghouls? I missed the last update and just brought it up to speed today. Thanks.

#11190 42 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Just had two games in a row that rebooted when I finished a mode (robot and black knight). I’m redownloading the code and trying again….

K. I think it may have been the usb strip lighting I had plugged directly into the computer. Likely my fault.

#11191 42 days ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

Can someone tell me what advances the clock to activate the green ghouls? I missed the last update and just brought it up to speed today. Thanks.

The slings advance the clock, once they are qualified the ghoul inlanes are lit.

#11192 42 days ago
Quoted from JDub03:

The slings advance the clock, once they are qualified the ghoul inlanes are lit.

Thank you

#11193 42 days ago

New codes good… is wine from flippers normal? Loaded with glass off but especially the left ones.

#11194 42 days ago

Great, been holding off ordering online to purchase a topper at the tpf and save money on shipping and guess what? No toppers. Spooky didn’t bring them to the show because of complaints. Thank guys.

#11195 42 days ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Great, been holding off ordering online to purchase a topper at the tpf and save money on shipping and guess what? No toppers. Spooky didn’t bring them to the show because of complaints. Thank guys.

Ah damn! I understand the frustration but I can see that being a reasonable move on Spooky's part - I'm still waiting for my topper to ship that I ordered early on January 3rd.

#11196 42 days ago

Finally had a decent game since the new code update and came SO close to the wizard mode, I was in the final vilian mode to qualify when I drained. Still happy with a beefy new score of 329mil.

20240315_181416 (resized).jpg20240315_181416 (resized).jpg
#11197 42 days ago

Skill shot still 10k points??

#11198 42 days ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Maybe we all should have held off ordering so we could get it cheaper at a show.

#11199 42 days ago

I agree with the poster: #keepthemysteryawardsasis

I love the new code and my game finally feels like it's opened up similar to the rest of my collection, so many thanks to Spooky! Now, a sad confession. I don't think I've ever made Captain Cutler Multiball. I know that I have a bad magnet on the upper playfield which I haven't had time to replace yet, so maybe that's it. But I've bashed the helmet, the two targets, and the two pathways to death. What maneuver am I missing?

#11200 42 days ago
Quoted from taz:

I agree with the poster: #keepthemysteryawardsasis
I love the new code and my game finally feels like it's opened up similar to the rest of my collection, so many thanks to Spooky! Now, a sad confession. I don't think I've ever made Captain Cutler Multiball. I know that I have a bad magnet on the upper playfield which I haven't had time to replace yet, so maybe that's it. But I've bashed the helmet, the two targets, and the two pathways to death. What maneuver am I missing?

Hit all the flashing stuff. The last shot to the helmet starts multiball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Knoxville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,675 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/224?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.