(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider voodoopin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1844 1 year ago

Can someone post the actual width of the backbox of machine when its folded up right out box or the widest part of the machine? I am trying to see if I can get it down my hallway of my house.

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

If you have other machines, it is standard size

Thanks

#1856 1 year ago

Thank you for the exact measurments. Looks like I have 1 inch per side of clearance.

1 week later
#2235 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

So a brief update on the Scooby we've had out at I/O Arcade. Now that it's been out there for a month, here are some takeaways and observations:
1. Highest played game we've ever had in a one month period - EVER (we've been doing this for 9 years now). Almost 30% higher than any other game in a one month period. It's popular with both casual and competitive players. Great lighting, callouts, and the theme definitely draws in all ages!
2. Initially had some issues to resolve such as upper flipper bolts that loosened, stuck balls, drop targets that needed slight adjustment, mystery machine VUK adjust, and a few other minor things that escape me at the moment. It was down about a day over the first week (mechanical and code related). Since then it's been up and running the whole time with routine maintenance, and still looks and plays fantastic. As with ANY new game (Spooky, Stern, JJP, AP, Dutch) the first week is always the toughest because things that are going to break do.
3. Code is important. Overall it was really fun to play straight away and modes were there, but the initial code that came with Scooby had some bugs in it that caused it to be down for a bit. Spooky corrected them very quickly and since then it's been solid. JJP is top notch in this aspect with very code complete games at launch. CGC and AP are generally quite complete, with Spooky and Stern bringing up the rear. Having mostly complete code at launch would be ideal from a stability standpoint. Yes it's fun to see how games improve over time as updates are made, but would be nice if all modes and primary features were ready at launch and then smaller bugfixes as needed from that point forward.
4. Spooky support is top notch. Period. Every single time we reached out they replied almost immediately and took care of the request in a quick and efficient manner. Bug and Luke - thank you!
5. New board set has been running great, is very clean and takes a TON of wires out of the game compared to previous Spooky titles.
6. I really wish the upper playfield was simpler to access for maintenance. Think of BK2K and Shadow where you can remove a bolt or two and it hinges up for easy access to flippers as well as the lower playfield for cleaning. Scooby requires some work to get off, kind of like GoT prem/LE.
7. Overall build quality is excellent. Solid feel to the game, and things have been holding up exceptionally well so far. Playfield looks just like it did on day one.
I'm excited to get my personal game in the coming weeks and spend some time actually PLAYING!

Do you mind sharing how many plays it had in a month? I am pleased to hear it's well received and plays well.

#2239 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

I can't, but will say it's more than most HUO games get in their lifetime

I understand. Thanks for at least giving us the lifetime comment.

#2262 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Sweet sweet butter.
[quoted image]

I don't know if it's a combination of lighting and butter, but man those colors on that cabinet POP!!

I am seriously considering the butter upgrade. I plan on putting mine where everyone can walk around the entire machine.

#2360 1 year ago

I mean no ill will when I say what I am about to say, but take it in any way you like. You are committing to spend upwards of 11k on a device that should bring you joy. Take some pride in knowing that any repair can be done by you if you commit to learning a few things. Take the time and learn.

I have no idea what a spooky pinball warranty really covers, but you should find out before you purchase, if making small repairs worries you. When the warranty ends, find someone to help you. They don't have to be a pinball repair person to help you. They just need to be able add and remove items from a playfield, soldering and coming up with small fixes that will be needed. It just take a little bit of thought.

If you cannot do this, then you need to consider the reason of owning a pin vs playing one.

#2362 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Do you hold this mindset when buying a $11k+ car? A house? I love working on my machine ('79 Flash), first pin back in October, but I also spent $600 on a 40 some year old machine, not $11k on NIB. So while I'm now comfortable working on machines (I did a lot to Flash), it doesn't mean I or anyone else should be thrilled or expected to fix things OOB. I'm hoping being in the 1100s it'll be pretty rock solid by then though. Spooky's responsiveness on here has been reassuring.

Its all about perspective. 11k car, you better believe I am taking the mindset that I have to repair things. You cannot compare the car industry to the few pinball machine makers these days. A house in some ways yes, I do expect a brand new house to have things that I might have to learn to fix.

All manufactures are facing the challenges that 50% or more of their machines are going into homes. Gomez even said he wants every NIB pinball machine that is going to someone's house to be issue free but its just not possible.

These forums are toxic.

1 month later
#4465 12 months ago

Has anyone taken the backbox off yet? I am going to have to remove it to get it up the stairs, so I am looking for pictures or a description on how to remove it.

Thanks in advance.

#4468 11 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Honestly, it doesn't look like it should be too bad compared to other games. There really isn't a lot you will need to unhook.[quoted image]

I agree that doesn't look too bad at all. From your picture It looks like a couple of RJ45s, a serial connector, a power cable and a couple for the speakers. This makes me feel a whole lot better about the process.

Thank you

4 weeks later
#5381 11 months ago

Anyone know what numbers that have been invoiced this week? I am #615 and was wondering how close I am to being invoiced.

#5383 11 months ago
Quoted from ekayden:

I saw #529 got invoiced last week.

Thanks. Starting to get excited. It won’t be long until mine is shipped

2 months later
#6634 9 months ago

Is this game easy or hard for you? I have mine setup exactly the way it left the factory and I find this game a bit difficult. "We have about 800 games on it and everyone in my family still has issue hitting the "Get to the Mystery Machine" shot to start the case.

I start the game by trying to start the Captain Cutler multiple ball since it is really one of the few ways to really score. I find it very frustrating to work through the process to start the cutler multiple ball, only to to drain to the left on the "Rut Roh" lanes 1 shot after it leaves the upper playfield. This leaves me with a 45K first ball score and very deflated on finishing the other 2 balls.

I am very well aware that we might just be terrible at pinball, but this one seems a bit to feast or famine on scoring.

This is not a rant and we love the game, just trying to find out of anyone else has the same issues as me.

#6731 8 months ago

Did something change with the code and the flippers or did I not notice it before? It seems like after the new code the upper and lower flippers dont respond at the same time like the used to(or I thought they used to). As of the new code the upper playfield flippers require a full press of the button for them to fire. You can now press the flipper buttons halfway and the upper playfield flippers wont move. Its only once you fully depress the button do the upper playfield ones move.

I am not complaining, just curious if it has always been this way and I am just noticing it, or did it recently change. I am adjusting to it, but like the old way better.

#6739 8 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

No change here, they're staged flipper buttons so I expect staged activation. This is a great thing because if you have balls trapped on the bottom flipper(s) during MB, and you're good enough, you can hold them there while still flipping the top, at least a time or two.

Looks like I am just noticing it. My son told me last night that I am old and its been that way since day one. Its hard for me to believe that but I assume he is right. Personally I have over 300 games played on it and I just noticed it last week. I cannot see how I missed it but getting old does make sense

#6860 8 months ago

People who are sleeping on this pin will regret it. It will eventually land in all of or collections and never leave. I would bet if I had multiple different pins in my collection and I brought someone who had never played pinball or is a very casual player that would go straight to Scooby and they would play multiple games before moving to something else.

With over 1000 games on ours, its been really great.

1 week later
#7074 8 months ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

anyone else have an issue with the balls getting stuck on the ramp to the upper playfield?

YES! It gets stuck so many times on the very beginning of the blue wireframe where it drops off the upper playfield. It nestles between the small piece of metal and the wireframe. The only way we can get it moving again is lift the machine from the back. VERY Frustrating.

#7084 8 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

This fixed it for me.
Some small rubber rings and cabinet clear bumpers.
You have to move the orange wireform end over out of the way and then the whole blue wireform just pulls out.
Pretty easy.
RM
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you. I cant wait to get this fix done.

2 weeks later
#7446 7 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’m a couple updates behind. Is it okay to just update latest code with Spooky pin? Or do I need to make the older updates first?

Yes. Just update to the latest and you will be fine. These update don't require the previous one to be installed for the upgrade.

1 month later
#7972 6 months ago

Does Spooky sell the Scooby interior side art blades? I ripped mine in a few places after lifting the playfield one day.

#7980 6 months ago

Thanks guys. I will reach out to Spooky today and get the protectors ordered ASAP. Wife is not happy I ripped them. Now comes the big job of install them!!!

#8050 6 months ago
Quoted from JustJared:

I currently have my games set at 7 degrees.

How can i see what my pitch is set at? I keep seeing people saying 7 degrees but I have no idea how to check mine. Please educate me.

#8098 6 months ago

Its definitely related to Miner 49er. I was playing Daphne and started the 49er case. The case started but after 30 seconds or so it started the Witch and Zombie case and started shooting out all the locked balls from the Mystery Machine. It was crazy, two cases going at once, 3 balls and the screen was displaying both sets of instructions on the screen. I eventually lost all three balls and turned turned the machine off, waited a few minutes and turned it back on.

I would be glad to send the logs, if logging is turned on by default and you can tell me where to find them.

#8168 5 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Scoob is home...sadly he has to wait until after work...and after trick or treating. So will hopefully unbox around 7:30-8pm[quoted image]

Enjoy!! It's a great game. I have 1800 plays on mine and I still struggle to make 5million consistently. I suck at hitting the Mystery Machine shot. I kept telling myself I will get better but I dont.

#8173 5 months ago

I keep trying the backhand. I just cant get consistent with it. I cradle(stop) the ball with the flipper and almost as soon as it moves I flip it. If I am too late I nail the Fred Orbit and if I am too fast, I hit the corner of the bumper right above the ball.

I know I suck and I am ok with that. I still enjoy the game immensely even with my terrible play.

#8179 5 months ago
Quoted from JDub03:

#1149 ready for pickup, hearing this game weighs a small ton. Can anyone confirm? I have a beast of a turn in my basement staircase. GnR nearly killed us.

Its a beast. I would suggest taking the backbox off it will make it very manageable. Its really easy to do and takes about 10 mins. Video every connector disconnect and you will be fine.

Doing this was the only way we could get it upstairs and I wont mind doing it again to move it downstairs if needed.

1 week later
#8331 5 months ago
Quoted from triplemercman:

Just received CE1179 about an hour ago. We will do an unboxing tonight! Scooby Dooby Doo!!!
[quoted image]

Just finished watching the stream with Cary and enjoyed the unboxing. Enjoy your new machine. I have a love hate relationship with my Scooby machine. It’s an amazing pin that too many people or sleeping on. I feel like one day people will really regret not getting it.

I am 615.

IMG_5357 (resized).jpegIMG_5357 (resized).jpeg

#8390 5 months ago

I love the game but mine is unplayable until i get the spacers for the center ramp that TSB has made for me. It gets stuck almost every damn time on the ramp that leads to the upper playfield.

I don't know why or how it has happened but it sucks to have to violently shake the machine to get the ball to dislodge. I am dreading the fix will involve removing the upper playfield and I don't think Spooky has issued a upper playfield removal video yet.

#8403 5 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I believe service does have an upper playfield removal video they can provide. Shouldn't be necessary. Sorry about the issue it seems temperature may be affecting that petg cover. We test them all very carefully here and don't see the issue for whatever reason. I think service will be able to help you fix it without removal of the upper.

Issues happen. We play it ALOT. We are approaching 2000 total plays, so I do expect issues with wear especially on well used parts of the pin. If the spacers dont help, I will call into support.

1 month later
#9140 4 months ago

We definitely need a code update. I am on 10-28-2023 and continue to get random multi-balls when I start cases, especially when Spacekook and Charlie the robot.

#9160 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

It’s your balls, speaking from experience

Please explain a bit more.

#9164 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Or if youre just in normal play and it seems like phantom switches are being hit or not in a multi ball mode and it starts to spit balls out. It became evident after the problem was solved and could reflect. That it would happen during a heaving shaking of the machine moment. IE shaker motor or a big target smash

This sounds like the problem. As I said it seems to happen at the start of Spacekook and Charlie the Robot more than any other time while I am playing. It does not during an expected multi-ball ie Culter, Mystery Machine or Scooby snack multi-ball.

2 weeks later
#9828 3 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think mods are great personally. We have a whole bunch of red tape, massive tooling investment, approvals etc. Moders can really just focus 100% on creativity. Leads to some cool stuff.

And a Welder which you will use to make my Topper Topper Bracket.

1 month later
#10770 58 days ago
Quoted from robey99:

Has anyone had the issue of the front target bank assembly arm not dropping after energized. It seems to be sticking and I have to manually pull it down. I tried some lube and it worked for a bit but it is not dropping. No issues with the back target bank. Thanks for the help.

Yes, I have that issue. For me the middle one does not drop. No matter how many times I hit it, it will not fall. The other two drop but they are very delayed in dropping. It could be 3-5 seconds after the target is hit, it drops.

I keep wanting to call Spooky support but I am almost never home before 6pm central any day of the week. When i can get a day off, I am going to call and work with support on it. I have a couple of other minor issues as well.

2 weeks later
#11105 42 days ago

Does everyone get this error in the log files? I get this 10=15 times a game.

Failed to write message (60 38 ) to serial port: System.TimeoutException: The operation has timed-out
at System.IO.Ports.SerialPortStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 count) [0x00051] in <6d264fd9abe6469bb6e0c14a29dcee86>:0
at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, System.Int32 offset, System.Int32 count) [0x0003a] in <6d264fd9abe6469bb6e0c14a29dcee86>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Write(byte[],int,int)
at Topper.topper_send (System.Byte[] cmd) [0x00034] in <ed43b037993a48b78b083e3bf544aef9>:0

#11123 41 days ago
Quoted from JohnJ1366:

Anyone experiencing volume issues on new code? Few games in a row it will up and down during a game

I have volume issues as well. I don't find the individual sound options really help. I am having all kinds of issues I have emailed them about so I just assumed my volume issues could related to a bigger issue.

Hence why I posted an entry from my log file. My game is almost unplayable due to random unwanted additional balls that randomly appear during a game. I sent all my stuff to them on Sunday via email and still waiting to hear back. I was hoping the new code last night helped, but it didnt.

#11181 40 days ago
Quoted from AJBADASS:

Is this real or a joke? I updated the code yesterday morning and by the time our tourney started at 7 the game started behaving wildly launching balls and ending games, after hemming and hawing over it for an hour (it happened right after I had the playfield up, thought maybe I was the cause) I found the balls were magnetized and doing weird shit in the trough. I was going to replace the balls today but if it’s just going to happen again (and there is a degaussing circuit) I might revert to the old code for now.

Just curious as to how you tested them for magnetism. My machine spits out balls all the damn time. I took them out of the machine and tested them on metal items and they didnt feel like they were magnetized. I want to test the way you did just to rule this out on mine.

#11185 40 days ago
Quoted from AJBADASS:

Well for starters they would sit together in the trough and not roll down.
I put two of them on a wooden table, they stuck together just a tiny bit. With a small tap I had one ball orbiting the other while it remained stationary.

I just checked them again and I have confirmed they are not magnetized. I tested with small screwdrivers, a small bolt and even some cool paper that showed if anything is magnetized. My wife is an engineer who sells magdrive pumps and he had it... who knew that even existed.

So that is not my issue.

#11323 35 days ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

It’s been a long wait, but BSE 1819 finally arrived today. Gonna set it up tonight!

Congratulations!!!! Be sure to post a few pictures.... BSE doesn't get enough love since they are so few right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 14.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider voodoopin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=voodoopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.