(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,643 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stacksot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#214 1 year ago

Wondering if that's where some of Matt Lillard's Scream lines are that Bug and Like mentioned on the podcast with Zach back in December.

#284 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Your game room looks amazing. You have some of the best looking pins too!

It looks like everyone is enjoying it so far. What are your initial thoughts?

#313 1 year ago

Everyone's photos look amazing! Can anyone take a shot of both sides of the apron for the rules? I love reading that stuff, gets you pumped up to play and achieve!!

#352 1 year ago

I know there's so much more code to come, but any details on what the match sequence might be? I love match sequences for a laugh and can only imagine that they have a ton of options!

#377 1 year ago

SpookyLuke - any chance we'll get full uploads of Scott Innes and Count D's new songs for the game at some point like the Captain Cutler multiball song? I'm cracking up listening to on videos so far. Props to the lyrics for "trying not to misbehave while we're dancing on their grave." - tremendous!!

#755 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Got it!!!!
[quoted image]

Can't wait to see some photos and maybe some gameplay videos! I'm sure your daughter can enjoy before and after her surgery. All the best!

#1016 1 year ago

Question that I am not sure has been addressed. In terms of the content you guys have from the original show, any chance the origina chase songs show up in some capacity? Whether as a bonus or remade by Count D? I know Scott sang 3 songs for the table, I'm honestly looking forward to everything!

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

This has been my number one hope! Can you please Spooky get the license for “Seven Days a Week” and “I Can Make You Happy” and put them in the game somehow. Those were the best Scooby music of the whole show.

My man! Call me crazy (especially as a soon to be first time pin owner), but I feel like having "recipe for my love" play over a game over light sequence would send anyone home happy!

#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

How do current owners feel about the sounds that happen during target hits/loops etc? The really short cartoony sound bites seem really bad to me when I watch streams but I could just be overly focused on them!

I know I'm not alone, but maybe in a different mindset. Same thing, grail theme (and our first pin ever, that big of a deal to make us pull the trigger, etc.), those are classic Hanna-Barbara sound effects which make it all the better. To many, myself included, not having them would almost feel like sacriliage haha! Definitely a lot of nostalgia and being used to it, so I totally get if it's not everyone's cup of tea.

#1393 1 year ago

Always be nice guys. We're going to be new owners soon on my end and there's of course a lot to learn but at the end of the day everyone just wants to enjoy the game with the least amount of hassle. We should be thankful we can enjoy and discuss this hobby today. So let's go into this week with some fun Scooby-Dooby-Discussion!

My favorite villains outside of the Space Kook and Cutler are probably the Phantom Shadows. Absolutely iconic and I am so glad they have such a presence in the art! I know Spooky can only cram so much into a game but I do hope they are one of the side modes down the line.

SpookyLuke - are all 25 episodes going to represented in some way, shape, or form? I don't want any secrets revealed that will be fun surprises but I was wondering if something like "Would Have Gotten Away With It..." will feature unmasking of all the villains, maybe even a clip show of their indignance at being stopped by the gang.

Fun fact: Though characters like Big Bob Oakly, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Carswell have variations on the classic quote, the line as most people know it verbatim was not really said until 1976's Scooby Doo Show episode, "Watt a Shocking Ghost" - "Too bad indeed! We would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!"

Fun fact of the day #2 - Velma never said "Jinkies!" until the New Scooby Doo Movies (the second series) - really proves how our culture has watched a ton of Scooby through the years - multiple series have morphed into this zeitgeist!

#1443 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

It actually very normal on a Spooky release.
Some pattern from sales to release.
In the end Spooky will make everyone whole and the consumer will have a very nice game.

"Make us whole again, Spooky..."

Dead-Space-Remake (resized).jpgDead-Space-Remake (resized).jpg
#1545 1 year ago

So owners so far, as we are a long way out, what is your favorite of the 7 case modes so far and why?

#1655 1 year ago

I may have missed it somewhere, but does anyone have the dimensions for the game? Just trying to reorganize to prepare the perfect future spot for everyone to enjoy!

#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I’ll say this and stand by it.
I can’t wait to see Velma’s “lost my glasses mode”
As you were

Someone suggested it back on the hype thread I believe, but it would be great it the mode involved most lights being turned off to simulate her having a tough time seeing. Maybe just a few shots can be lit up!

#1749 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

So am I supposed to put Scooby-Doo next to my 1995 Bally WHOdunnit?
[quoted image]

My favorite original theme and I want to own it someday. I will definitely do it and so should you my friend!

#1895 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

One side wide open and one in the narrowest position might be a good comprimise? Then you can curse the open side like the left outlane of nearly any John Borg designed Stern game!

Getting BORG'D turned so many people off of TMNT from what I've heard, which is understandable. I think it was wise for Spooky to start off easier and make it adjustable for variety and approachability. Satisifies almost everyone. I think everyone has seen both ends of the spectrum now, where people are doing really well, or, when set differently, getting nuked.

#1928 1 year ago

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Y37kRP86HCzp8y31Hz6HQ1UvfHvS3Gu8agnuejwwbjnKbkxHLDpUQJbWHLWWCU9Rl&id=100048531202375&sfnsn=mo&mibextid=6aamW6

Game won best in show today! Super excited to play.

FB_IMG_1678666652692 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678666652692 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678666657331 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678666657331 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678666659385 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1678666659385 (resized).jpg
#2060 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

My advise is to follow NIB threads from all of the newer games and find me one that isn't filled with issues. We may not like it but it is what it is.
I refuse to watch Bro pinball show as I can't stand the main guy on the show so I couldn't care less what his thoughts are on anything but that's just me.
With so many pins being released right now every forum is filled with overthinking our purchases. Im settled in based on theme alone.

With you, Scooby is a dream theme and honestly has been my grail theme forever (besides Evil Dead, which even if it's spooky's next I won't go for for years unfortunately - gotta keep somewhat family themed). Spooky's love and care for the theme and their support has made me confident in this being our first ever machine, and if I have to solve problems, I'll become all the more skilled for it for future machines.

#2062 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Unfortunately with Zach he seems a bit more biased in the positive to games he’s trying to sell that he has in inventory or coming unfortunately. Shall I say a conflict in interest?

In his defense, he's going to try to sell any machine and has been equally positive to every manufacturer. He's happy to sell you any game regardless of his opinion if it makes tou happy. I would say they are harder on Stern games (i.e. Batman 66) at times and they will say that of all the distributors, Stern handles things arguably the best (they have the most resources as the biggest company in the business after all). I've seen him hype up games he has sold out of though, or, previous to scooby, games they did not sell. They went all out on their Halloween review and never sold that. What I really love is how they do an awesome job with their development videos, as they just did with Godfather and Pulp Fiction.

SpookyLuke - I know you guys were on the podcast with Zach back in December, any chance you could set up a really cool making of video with SDTM in the future? You guys deserve it and it would be awesome to see you guys at work, especially when the new facility is up and running.

#2065 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I watch the Buffalo guys when they stream new Multimorphic stuff because they are generally the first to do so but I learned not to take their opinions too seriously when they reviewed Houdini and said there was no light show or sounds that correlated to the trunk shot - ya' gotta be blind, deaf or just really biased to miss that.

Everytime I hear about Houdini it makes me want to play it more. Doesn't help that I hear, just like Spooky, that American Pinball has wonderful customer service, and I just watched that Columbo episode "Now You See It" with Jack Cassidy as The Great Santini and am in a magic mood. Would be a great theme next to Scooby someday...

Also makes me want to see that Ghost Clown side mode and his hypnotic coin even more! It's great that he is prominent on the topper and by the start button.

#2314 1 year ago

Definitely going to watch the movie myself soon!

Back on topic to everyone who has enjoyed the game in home or on location - I know more will be coming code wise for the characters with their modes and other interactions, but who do you play as so far or find the most fun? One of the coolest things I think is all the replay value that can come from enjoying or mastering the 5 members of Mystery Inc.

I feel like I will be playing a lot of Shaggy when we get ours because the callouts will just be too much fun. I can't remember if it was Bug or Luke on The Pinball Show back in December who was imitating Matthew Lillard, bit it was spot on when he said "Zoinks! Like, hey Scoob, shoot the left ramp!"

#2445 1 year ago

I just ordered Shaggy, the mime rocks, and a gold ball. Can't wait to see what else. Since you guys made all the sculpts in game already this feels like official content!!

Edit: Sorry, the post started weird. Saved text from an earlier unfinished message basically stating how I am not worried to get my hands dirty and love the hobby no matter the machine or manufacturer!

#2446 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Save a Shannon for me, BackAlleyMatt!
All, I'll be fixing the bug with the shooter lane not auto-plunging for the upcoming update. I believe we have a fix for the unprompted multiballs too! If the upcoming update does not fix it, I'll take some greater measures to address it and release a hotfix (tiny update specifically to squash that bug). We'll continue to stomp that bug 'till its dead!

Was "Shannon" that "last minute idea" you guys mentioned in the Pinball Show podcast about telling owners how to do something if you couldn't get it in, or is there even more to come?

#2461 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This is the game under UV light. Notice even the flipper rubbers glow pink!
[quoted image]

That absolutely screams Zoinks!!

#2537 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

We are working on getting a video done for both this and the hobbit apron as well. Just trying to get everything together for TPF..but we will get them up asap.

Is the apron a limited time availability? I'm probably going to order regardless, just wanted to know haha! Looks gorgeous!

#2539 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I think what we have decided to do is try to get through accepting the initial order load and then moving on after that to the next item up. Not saying we would for sure never visit it again, but with the work that goes into all of these aprons, you try to get a sense of the demand and fulfill that then try to move to the next item.

Say no more, ordered. I can't wait to see the space kook in action!

1 week later
#3031 1 year ago

I swear everytime I look at the cabinet, I notice a new piece of art. They KILLED this better than any other theme integration imo.

I JUST noticed the Snow Ghost at the top of the front bit of art under the lockdown bar after 4 months. They crammed this to the top with love and care for the source material and I am beyond excited!!

#3069 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Almost forgot I had this “foot high sandwich” in my mods box. And for the record for you mod guys, there really isn’t much room left to add anything extra to the Scooby pin, it’s just so packed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh man, any chance that sandwich mod is still around?

#3080 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

It’s just a doll house miniature, you can find them on Etsy or ebay.

Thanks so much Jake. I just ordered one. Question for you since this is my first table and first time modding, do you tmsecure it down with a bit of sticky tack or mini magnets?

#3100 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

I’ve been using 3M double sided sticky tape, the kind that is thick and has some squish.

Even better, thanks a bunch!

1 week later
#3672 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Good info here incase OP wants to make it a key post[quoted image][quoted image]

This seems amazing, especially for someone new like myself. Definitely going to print it out for use when the machine comes.

Also, my mods came today, however we are out of town for a quick vacation. Will post pictures tomorrow!

#3699 1 year ago

What a good day to get these in the mail! I'l be ready for November-ish!

20230414_120209 (resized).jpg20230414_120209 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#6154 9 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, another dumb question:
Are the Captain Cutler Multiball and the Captain Cutler Villain Mystery two separate modes?
Spooky (or we owners) really need to update the Scooby Rule Set with a lot more detail and all of the new stuff
RussM

Yep, Cutler is a one of the 7 main monster cases to solve, where you have to keep your oxygen levels up as you unravel the case, as well as a multiball mode tied to the bash toy on the top. You bash him in general to start the mb and go for jackpots, and during the case to fill up your oxygen tanks.

3 months later
#7911 6 months ago

Sorry to be out of the loop for a while. At least 3 months. #1101 is coming this week, super pumped. Just gotta nail down a time and the bros to help with it! I'll update the tracker.

1 week later
#8162 5 months ago

Our machine came in Saturday. Not a problem to note besides a couple of games ending with balls launching accidently. Figured it was code to be nailed down later. We may not have it pitched exactly at 7.0, but it plays flawlessly! Thank you to everyone and Spooky for the support. We all adore it!!

One noob question - where in the settings can I make the initials more than 3 letters, or is it an option? Infigured just because the initial high scores have longer names. Thanks!

P.S. modded to the heavens with the BAC handiwork!

20231028_163919 (resized).jpg20231028_163919 (resized).jpg20231029_212124 (resized).jpg20231029_212124 (resized).jpg20231029_212126 (resized).jpg20231029_212126 (resized).jpg20231029_212134 (resized).jpg20231029_212134 (resized).jpg20231029_213820 (resized).jpg20231029_213820 (resized).jpg
#8202 5 months ago

Minor question. Have not been able to get the lockdown bar latch back to its original position. Tried loosening and tightening the screws but no luck.

Also...has a titan gold ball in. Explains the weird game enders!

20231101_203531 (resized).jpg20231101_203531 (resized).jpg
#8206 5 months ago

Thank you both! I'll play around with it. Nothing horrible just one of those nagging things.

#8282 5 months ago

Silly question. Is there a rundown of all character perks? Am I supposed to hit the action button to collect all lit playfield snacks? I know Daphne has higher bravery, and shaggybgives more points for combos. Does Fred's trap bonus only work in the last 30 seconds for a monster? I'm guessing Velma's is for the white clue shots to start a case.

#8283 5 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Check for my original posts on this issue. It was the flange nut too close to the mech bar on the inside; replaced with a smaller nut.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quick question. What size did you get for the flange?

#8329 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

At last, Here's the link to my Homemade Scooby Rulebook. I adjusted the margins so the printer should not chopped text now. I have not print tested it but it should be fine now.
Feel free to print your own. Please do not sell theses. I've spent many hours on this and it should stay free for all Scooby Pinball fans.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-okN6bK4Zs0eP48jzYEe53bx7kb8-AFV/view?usp=drive_link
Here's a tip for printing. Use original size (no resize) and print the first page separatly so you have a blank page behind the cover page. Best is to bring it to a print shop and tell them to spiral bind it with a translucent plastic cover and cardboard back page.
I will update the manual as rules comes in. I might do one for Halloween when I'm motivated.
Also, if someone knows how to pin the post to the key post that would be great.
Thanks guys.[quoted image]

You are a legend, thank you!

#8350 5 months ago

Does anyone happen to have a step by step on moving the outlane posts? Wanted to move them up for company on Thanksgiving so it Is a bit more forgiving. Unsure of how to get it high enough to unscrew things etc. Thank you!

RussMyers thank you for the help. My flange was ok but I think I needed to judt tighten the brass screws. It locks a lot better now, but it still won't go all the way to the right. I figure thst is normal. I moved the keys for the backbox to the inside little hook and it's a lot smoother to open now. All little quality of life adjustments.

P.S. also too out the metal gate blocking yhe left VUK. Plays a lot better.

#8351 5 months ago

One more noob question for now. Anyway to get the music tracks off to listen to? Count D knocked them out of the park.

1 week later
#8469 5 months ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

spooky_dj - Anyway you could hook us up with a setting to enable an alternate way to activate character modes, have the drop targets not reset so much, or something to make getting to the character not so frustrating?

Second this. Maybe with the secret passage? Meant to ask this on the stream the other night.

#8484 5 months ago
Quoted from ekayden:

The game is only engineered to raise the 2 banks of drop targets with all 3 in a bank raised together. It is not able to lower them at all (only the ball can do that). That means, in a multiplayer game they need to either allow each player to play off the other’s targets, or they need to reset them every time. It would feel bad for single player to play differently. So I don’t see this changing.

Totally understandable. I'd love for character modes to be accessible at least one other way like through the secret passage.

#8560 5 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

What is the pitch of your pin?

7.0/7.1 as they recommended. Plays fast and definitely furious.

spooky_dj any chance to code ruh roh to be lit at the start of the game? Would definitely reduce frustration and would be like the kickback in T2, Getaway, Star Trek TNG, etc. being ready.chubby!

Edit: Might have asked before, but does Scooby's character ability work? I try pressing the action button when shots are lit on the playfield, but nothing ever happens.

#8562 5 months ago

One more point for now. Someone mentioned a few weeks ago that space kook seems harder to play. As far as I can tell, it's the only monster mode that begins without a ball save, definitely makes it that much tougher.

#8634 4 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

That's weird because I just tried my machine with the gate removed and the first ball I shot in there came straight back to the flipper off the standup target that's in there. I can't see how it can work without the gate, the target is facing the flippers so its highly likely to ricochet straight back out . Unless you've also twisted the target to face the VUK?

Have not had that problem (yet). It is always a clean shot into there, the few times I do make it lol.

#8668 4 months ago

Skull light led works fine, but it never does the light to act as a ball save anymore. Problem with the roll over?

20231130_230346 (resized).jpg20231130_230346 (resized).jpg
#8670 4 months ago

So weird. Fidgeting with it started it up. Just really sensitive like someone said? Definitely doesn't feel consistent. Any ideas?

20231130_233605 (resized).jpg20231130_233605 (resized).jpg
#8681 4 months ago

Solve one problem get two more. Classic. Fixed the outlane, but then the balls started launching all together. Looked magnetized so I replaced the balls. Still happening and I guess it is the trough sensor or switch. How exactly do I troubleshoot that through the options?

Also, autolauncher set to 100% and really beginning to have issues people have mentioned - what's the best first fix, squeeze forks together? I know there is a ton of discussion on it. The problem only really began to happen yesterday. Thanks in advance!

#8682 4 months ago

Trying to figure out how to spread the forks as everyone says, also seeing if any if the switches look off but everything looks ok

20231201_220657 (resized).jpg20231201_220657 (resized).jpg20231201_220705 (resized).jpg20231201_220705 (resized).jpg

Edit: switches are fine but balls will continue to launch mid game. Nothing seems magnetized.

#8692 4 months ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Auto-launcher fix. I've been having the issue, so I tried the "plate" from TSB. It just arrived today (um, I have to believe that is some type of record from Alaska to me by the USPS. Came 3 days early.)
Plate installed (it's a snap). I was still having the issue, unfortunately. Took a slo-mo video. The ball was veering slightly right and hitting the screw on the metal insert over the wood shooter lane, bouncing up into the air, rattling, and not able to go up the end upturn ramp. I tightened that screw as much as I could. I adjusted the launch power a couple of times and settled on 70% (it had been on 81%). Because of the lower launch power, the ball is not bouncing up as much if it veers slightly off center. Also, with slightly lower launch power, the ball is tending to stay more in the center than veer off. I did 20 plunges in a row with no issues.
I'm considering this fixed! I'm keeping the plate on and NOT going back to try to decide if messing with the forks and plunge strength would fix it. It's logical to me that if there is a bit of slop in the auto launcher and the forks and not striking it consistently there could be issues down the road that I would rather avoid.
I'll provide an update if anything changes.

Going to try that right now. Just messaged TSB, but I installed the shooter lane protector just yo give it a bit of boost. Let me set the launch to 70 like you said, and tighten that screw.

20231202_153730 (resized).jpg20231202_153730 (resized).jpg
#8693 4 months ago

Ok so I reset it to 100%, with the pindefender, and it seems to be ok for now, but the random ball launch still occurred on ball 3. All the switches registered so no idea, unless the right outlane switch is randomly activating and causing a ball save that I just keep missing.

Also, does anyone get random shaker motors from time to time? Figure something is setting it off now and again. Has happened since day 1.

#8697 4 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

The default setting is Shake on Spinners is ON, which I don't like and turn off.
I also turn off Shake on Capt Cutler
Up to you.
RM

Funny the default was always off for both and I kept it thst way too! I'll double check. Might be behind those random ball launches if it is jostling something.

#8700 4 months ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I think you only hear about the machines with issues here. There have been plenty like mine that has not had a single issue or need for adjustment. It played perfect out of the box. I got mine in august and play it almost daily...

Not only that, they are fixable issues, and they only reared their head after nearly 600 plays. Still very happy with Scooby. Only going to get better. Makes me a better owner to learn how to maintain even if it is frustrating.

#8707 4 months ago

So the protector definitely helps. My launches have been fine. I am still getting that odd ball launch now and again but I think, ironically, it is the right outlane switch triggering too often, possibly with vibration. Almost as if I have to UNFIX it now lol.

#8712 4 months ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

Hey guys, have had my SD only a few days, quick question. When in a mode, solve a mystery, it seems that the shots the machine is asking for are clearly lit BUT other aspects of the playfield, for example spinners (if not part of the shots requested) go completely dead and no longer interact with the machine (scoring and sound) during that specific time (everything is back up once mode is over). Is that normal? It is different from every other machine I've ever played. No problem if it is, I guess it makes sense but wanted to make sure I did not have a glitch. Running the latest code.
Also, sound, music will be fine until call outs and the sound goes down, seems uneven, and then some sound will all of a sudden be very high. It's not bad, I enjoy the game but again just different from what I have seen and heard from other machines in my collection. Just wanted to confirm they are not glitches.
If you choose to respond, thanks for your time!

Yeah the audio sometimes cuts, overlaps, or gets loud. It will be balanced and adjusted over time. Other than that, the shots won't do anything during modes unless they are specifically lit. For examply, if you are playing the witch and zombie mode, hitting the MM spinner when it is not lit will not do anything.

#8713 4 months ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Hey gang, just joined the club and have some questions.
First and foremost, I'm not the best player but I AM STRUGGLING to hit the Mystery Machine consistently. It just seems like too hard of a shot at the moment. The left flipper is almost impossible to hit it unless by accident, and the right flipper SOMETIMES can backhand it. Any tips?
Secondly, the action button seems woefully underused. I've only seen 1 mode use it so far (I think it was on the "create a plan" mode). Am I missing something?
Third, it seems like the drop targets SOMETIMES can help pickup a clue. Am I crazy?
Fourth, how do you know when the trap door is open? Sometimes it seems like it will open to let me in the Mystery Machine, but then other times, it's closed.
Fifth, what does it mean when you push the launch button and it says, "Case Unlocked" or "Case Locked In?"
Sixth, bashing Cutler seems somewhat random. Do you have to hit certain shots before it starts multiball, or is it just the head over and over?
Many thanks.
[quoted image]

Let me do my best to go in order!

1.) You'll get better, but the backhand is the most consistent. It feels good to get a whip around and get it in with the left flipper though!

2.) Creeper and all of the character modes use the action button. AFAIK, Scooby is supposed to use it to collect all lit snacks, but it does not seem to be coded or is possibly getting replaced with a different perk.

3.) I have to think about this, but my first thought is no. However, it does light the red paint during black knight mode.

4.) There is some algorithm to it I'm sure, but that is the secret passage, and it is supposed to happen randomly to act as a secret passage. The "Trap door" is actually what the ball save between the flippers is called. Tricky to remember, I know!

5.) When you lock it in, it will keep that case so you can play it, and it won't cycle through the cases, roulette style, when you hit the left opto spinner.

6.) Yes - each shot has to be hit twice - 2 for each hand, 2 loops behind, 2 helmet bashes, and then a final helmet bash to start Captain Cutler Multiball. Doing this all again will start the Captain Redbeard and his henchmen hurry up, which when completed, will qualify you to re-earn Captain Cutler Multiball.

Hope it helps, and glad you are with us. Absolutely loving our Scooby, and working through any problems as you may have seen my post above have been well worth it!

#8751 4 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I think I got my shooter lane fixed, so that's good. Also removed that wire gate so hopefully that issue is done too.
BUT, stuck balls! This one just happened AGAIN. Anyone know how to tweak so this doesn't happen?
[quoted image]

I haven't had many stuck balls. Most happened when the game was pitched at 6 and not 7. One time the ball got stuck on the gate right before that, but never there. Is it between the metal and wood there?

Updates too: seems like I tinkered with the right outlane switch enough. Thanks to RussMyers and PsychoPsonic for the help. Only had one mislaunched ball early in the night and never later. Autolauncher seems better after putting in the protector and playing with the forks, but I also ordered the fork cover and Ninjacamp mod. Going to check out the above post from Russ about the redone launcher.

#8752 4 months ago

Also got the Phantom Shadow figure from Modfather. I remember seeing the figure in a toy kit somewhere, it is cute! I may do a paint job to spice it up a bit though. Painting Warhammer helps a lot lol.

20231204_231956 (resized).jpg20231204_231956 (resized).jpg
#8859 4 months ago

TSB_ thank you for the part! The game has some auto launch issues at time still (waiting on the ninjacamp mod), but it is so much better thanks to you! Enjoyed quite a few games!!

#8885 4 months ago

I've faced similar issues to others, but as a first time owner, and this being a dream theme, it is perfect. Working through the maintenance stuff also makes me more confident in future ownership, and between their support team and everyone on this forum, etc, I never feel worries. Spooky is not flawless (the plunger problem should never have been a thing) but they care a ton, and I am proud to support them. Many with far greater experience in the hobby have said similar. Scooby is also a theme that basically appeals to everyone. I have had random people walk in the house and stare awe struck.

In the future my second pin will be Godzilla, but since there are going to be so many of them out there, I have less FOMO about that. Scooby definitely has that BW feel with a modern touch, and it's theme integration is at least top 10, if not top 5, with more code to come.

#8932 4 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

anyone have a f37 key they could send me? mine broke and the spare is in the cash box. or do i drill it and replace it? ill pay for a spare.

Definitely call Spooky, I'd bet they'd shoot one over to you.

#8933 4 months ago
Quoted from Phern:

Hey!
Any chance we can get the theme song on a game over? Like watching the cartoon. Maybe beginning some with the bats, then the song on game over?
Scrappy?

Every now and again I hear one of the classic episode tunes in the end of ball screen besides the clementine and doo wop sound effects. Would love to hear that more, Count D nailed the original show tunes.

Second on hearing more Cutler sound effects when you hit him.

#8988 4 months ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is everyone happy with how the Ruh Roh ball save works? As I understand it you basically hope the ball drains that way while ball save is still running so you can get 1 insert lit. It's not like TNA where the outlane saves are linked to inlanes. Maybe if those unused inlane inserts allowed you to light 1 Ruh Roh by completing them both ...maybe even twice? Most of my balls seem to be lost to those 2 outlanes when unlit, the drop target arrangement directs the ball that way.

I think they should spot you one Ruh Roh lane when the game starts - and to your point, it would be cool to qualify it on the playfield during gameplay as well. That left drain is a monster, but I am not sure I want to move the posts up just yet. I want to see how the code develops and try to up my skill.

#9016 4 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just curious if anyone else has noticed (on their SD) that when the Space K. mode starts the ball save isn’t on. The rest of the case modes all have a ball saver to start with except Space K. Is this by design…or do I possibly have an issue with my SD?

Yep. Literally the only one that is brutal like that. My guess is an oversight, or he's just that scary of a villain (let's face it, him and the Phantom Shadows are the ones you definitely don't want to meet down a dark alley!).

#9061 4 months ago

Anyone have problems with the batwing lock not holding a ball when it locks? Only the right side for me. Not sure if it's coming in too hot and hitting a sensor or something. Another version of the problem where too many balls are being launched.

On the plus side, installed the ninjacamp mod today. Only a handful of false launches which I think had more to do with the power. Upped it to 90%.

Edit: second photo shows the lock confirmed even though it kicked out the ball.

20231216_161452 (resized).jpg20231216_161452 (resized).jpg

20231216_210836 (resized).jpg20231216_210836 (resized).jpg
#9066 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

adjust it in the settings, i cant remember if its +/- you need. its under servos

Left was on 3, so I did that for right. It was on -2. Will keep you posted and thanks!!

#9067 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The game will keep getting attention for a long time after, but it's production is coming to a close soon and they have big new launch to move onto. In manufacturing you need to keep your production lines moving, what a few are doing with like code and such is just a small part of the whole system, and any time the production line is not flowing in a factory, you are losing money. They simply can't put their whole thing on pause to work on one thing at a time. Thankfully the new games have their own teams and coders working on them, so scooby and halloween, UM, got their own guys as well who will continue to work on them.
Over a year since they stopped production on them, and they still are coding and supporting Halloween and Ultraman and continually improving those games still way beyond their production runs. Scooby is still being sold and they have slots available for it still to offer, they already talked about all to come, it will happen. Ultraman right now has a big update in the works too, so there is a whole lot going on at Spooky at the moment
It's also holiday period, Nov-Dec have lot of gaps in work created which slows things down all the while they are prepping their new product launches.

Not to mention, they are making more of Scooby than even the new titles coming out combined.

#9109 4 months ago

I know we talk technical on here a lot, but let's get down to brass tacks and talk gameplay.

5/6 on witch and zombie today and 5/6 space kook. So close! Getting better at nudge outlane saves and getting close to unmasking. I have the outlane posts set back, but man, even if they were put up, it is not an easy feat to unmask all 7 when the wizard mode comes. Loving it.

I really hope they code in more space kook laughter. It's a tease to see those close ups when you rip the spinners. That's his thing anyway, maniacal laughing every second. Oh man it will sound so great!!

Favorite mode atm is probably Black Knight because of how in depth it feels. Got as far as 9, but also haven't gotten there yet. The start ups are so good, and with due respect to the light shows of JJP, and especially GnR, these are some of the best in the business. That start up for Charlie is a delight every time. Any favorite modes so far, everyone?

#9115 4 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Are the character perks actually in th current version?
For Scooby it's "Action button collects all Scooby Snacks". I've hit the action button while in a case and it doesn't collect the Scooby snacks lit up.

I definitely don't think so. They have been making changes to the characters since day 1. I.e. Shaggy's character perks said "Throws his voice." I actually thought they were going to use it for the modes based on when he uses it in Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts, What the Hex Going On, etc., but I think they were just trying to cram it with references, and it got cut when it did not have a direct gameplay interaction. I believe Daphne still gives the highest bravery though, though I have not timed it myself, could be a placebo effect.

#9116 4 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Has anyone reached or completed the three wizard modes? I reached Gangs All Here last time I put some time on Scooby, but it felt like the other two wizard modes were out of reach or not coded into the game yet? Just curious if anyone’s completed all wizard modes in this game

I don't recall any of the wizard modes being in yet, did it give you a bonus (if you complete or st least visit iirc? all case modes it gives you a "Tour the Mansion" Addams Family bonus for 500k), or did it have an entire mode?

#9143 4 months ago

Just set the hold power to boosted when I saw the right flipper begin to slop during a game. I gotta say, I should have done this from day 1, it plays better than ever! Is there any con to have it on boosted? Be wary of hotter coils, etc.?

#9145 4 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I've not noticed anything and have put so many games on this thing! Much better on boosted, not getting any knockdown to speak of. (#184)

Much appreciated. Yeah, getting close to 800 games!

#9194 4 months ago
Quoted from BobTheDegen:

Got my game set up. Within the first couple games the auto launcher needed adjusted.
A few games later, I was playing 5 player and the mystery machine would randomly dump balls during the middle or immediately after a mystery. If any one drained, my game ended, and then if another drained it ended the next game. Made the games all wonky.
Another game I was collecting fingerprints and then all of a sudden the game went back to normal play when I was at 7/10. Is that normal (like do I have a time limit?).
I noticed my Velma is already getting a streak on it where the ball drops each game. I tried to clean it with microfiber but it’s almost like a scratch. Is anyone else’s like this? Attached two photos but was hard to catch with the lighting.
My coin door has a small part missing paint.
I do have speaker hummm and coil whine as well, as others have mentioned.
Seems I got an unlucky machine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah it is a time limit, it does feel very sudden though when it's new.

Try to use isopropyl alchohol - 70% or 90% - that said, I do have a black scratch on a Daphne inlay that seems permanent - working on it.

The auto launcher issues by this point I think you've read the solutions - won't talk your ear off about them. Check out TSB_ and Ninjacamp's mods for sure, and try to allign the forks.

The paint does look like a but of bad luck - maybe Spooky can do something about it.

For the Mystery Machine - it could be the VUK - try setting the MM pulse to 50% and the right VUK to 75% - I tried it when someone on the Facebook page mentioned it, and while I never had those problems, the game and feature seemed to flow smoother.

There are ways around the whine. Definitely documented here. Personally, I've played a ton of machines, and sure, some have less whine, but it does not bother me during play - the game can be loud.

#9201 4 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’s just a ball trail.

I’ve seen this come up a bit recently.
I wouldn’t use anything like that on a playfield unless I was doing a full resto.
Simple Green is all you need for routine pinball playfield cleaning.
I mix it about 30-40% SG and the rest water into a spray bottle.
Use that on the playfield and rubbers and cabinet. Safe to use. Spray on, wipe off with old t-shirt or very soft cloth.
Easy.
rd

Interesting, thanks for the reccomendation - in the world of miniature painting, simple green is usually used to strip the paint off of models, makes me a bit wary. Going to try some novus 2. In terms of the alcohol - I was using these small 70% wipes that are used in the medical field. Never was an exorbant amount, however I see your point - definitely do not want to do damage!

#9212 4 months ago
Quoted from BobTheDegen:

StacksOT thanks much on that MM settings tip. It does work a lot smoother, it was making a bunch of noise earlier and took 3 or 4 tries to do whatever it was doing haha. Cheers!

Great to hear bro!! How about the other issues? Did you ask spooky about the coin door?

Yeah for the MM I would say it mostly does 1 or 2 thanks to those settings. Definitely healthier for the machine. New guy stuff I also learned: set the eject on the trough to something love 45%. Play a bit around, that way it does not whack the wood as much! Credit to either Russ or PsychoPsonic. Not sure which of them recommended it first!

#9214 4 months ago
Quoted from BobTheDegen:

I’ll do that for the eject! Mystery machine seems to be working correctly now, played a few 5 player games and it hasn’t dumped balls since. I’ll keep my eye on it.
I haven’t heard back from spooky on the coin door, but I included that in the same list of issues to them so maybe they didn’t see it yet.
I did have to bend a piece of metal on on the right side as well. When my mystery machine was ejected a ball, it would roll down and barely glimpse the bumper piece and redirect it right down the middle.
I’ve found a few other minor things but I’ll play around and see if I can’t get them straightened out.
Thanks again!

Yeah, the ball guide you mean right? AJ sent me the video for it. Basically just use a flat head to move it out a bit. Good to hear!

#9268 4 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

This is a super skill shot I randomly found, I am guessing its very very rare to hit this. Dont read if you dont want a super super super skill shot revealed. Ive had some frustrating posts recently, but want to share this. Im a newb but feel this sho can happen by an extremely random shot.
See the attached photo and ball route from the launch for this super skill shot.
Upon launch the ball needs to hit the right inlane switch, to left inlane switch, to left drop target.
Merry xmas, try and hit this skill shot today![quoted image]

I had heard about this and got it by accident yesterday!! It's a great call out from Velma too!

#9294 3 months ago

Just wanted to cross post this from the Facebook group, I am sure Jake and Russ, etc. have seen it:

"So thanks to you guys, John in the comments, and AJ from Spooky, I worked today in the machine. I believe I was measuring as correctly as possible, but did not get a bad warden reading. We think it could be a coil on either the trough or launcher. Going to try the Bobby pin method tomorrow and disconnect the wires from the connector and see if that stops all the other antics. It is definitely narrowed down to the green chain though."

Today I am going to try to narrow down if it is a coil, or I just need to measure properly with the meter. Posting a photo here in case someone thinks the multimeter itself is off, or such. AJ has been awesome to reach out during their break, and he just wants to make sure he sends me the correct parts so it does not happen again.

Just wanted to send out positive words to our hobby community and Spooky. I'm a first time owner and while this can be upsetting or frustrating, there is so much care and support around. Thank you guys for being so much fun to chat, discuss, and help with. Someday I will pay it forward as the veterans in here have to me!

20231226_115034 (resized).jpg20231226_115034 (resized).jpg
#9303 3 months ago
Quoted from sandro:

You have the meter set to 20,000 ohms range, is that what you mean to use? Also I can’t tell if your probes are in the correct jacks.

I know, definitely a little tricky to tell, but 20k is what AJ sent in an email.

I am decently sure the prongs are in correct because there is a black circle outline over one, so I used that for the black. It did give me feedback readings on the far right mosfets, which is what should happen and is not indicative of a problem.

I ordered a special tweezer to remove the wirest on the connector in order to test one by one to make sure a specific coil is not blown. Definitely tomorrow's task. I do wonder about the multimeter though, but all signs do point to a blown mosfet otherwise from what we can tell. Just hoping I can definitely find out what the problem is and prevent it from happening. Screenshot_20231227_143453_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231227_143453_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg

#9307 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK I am just curious why you would extract pins from the connector rather than de-soldering the ground wire for the suspect coil?
Or is this for another purpose?
RussM

I figured it would be easier to pull it out, wrap it in electrical tape, see if it was the problem coil, take off the tape, put it back if so/if not, repeat if necessary, otherwise wouldn't it take longer to de-solder everything? Totally open to thoughts.

#9319 3 months ago

Thanks to support, we are 99% certain that it is just a freak incident with the board itself. New one is on the way thanks to the amazing team at Spooky! Looking forward to the TCM stream tonight and new Scooby code stream next week!

#9510 3 months ago

Has to be among the best toppers I'm pinball. Stoked. I absolutely love the simplicity of the normal topper and the famous quote and it will make a nice future display.

#9524 3 months ago

Is the logo removable like with the topper for TMNT? I don't mind it, but I knowbhaving the title repeated near the backglass can be repetitive. Smart choice to go with the standard purple. I know you wanted the backglass to have the exact original type and font including no dash but licensing wanted how it is spelled now.

#9594 3 months ago

You guys absolutely nailed it tonight. Can't wait for that code drop. I think it was one of the most impressive stream show offs in the industry. Well deserved!

I can't remember if Spooky AJ made the joke, bit yes, please feel free to devalue my topper with some signatures!

Any chance you will number the toppers as well? I'd even just take a sharpie underneath just for curiosity and fun!

#9597 3 months ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

It looked like the Space Kook mode had a ball save in the intro like the other modes do…or am I just seeing things? I’m pretty sure it was the only mode that didn’t have it on but if so I’m happy to see it added in the new update. Good job team Spooky on your stream tonight.

Was wondering too but I looked away at the start. Happy to hear!

#9785 3 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

LOL, unfortunately not yet, however I did take the opportunity to sprinkle in some goodies:
spinner SFX play in ALL modes, instead of only base mode
Gratuitous Space Kook Laughter (clip is louder, and it plays on each spinner rip during space kook mode)
Tournament Mode setting actually shows up in service menu now (facepalm gif)
Qualified villain mode synchronizes between co-op players
Fixed the bug that crashed game when player drains on 7th villain
I'm afraid I'm still working on the non-movable skillshot, and 5-ball bugs though.
The code won't be public on the website just yet, still waiting on a little more feedback from playtesting. If nothing major pops up, perhaps we'll do another 'public beta' soon.

Yeah!!! Space Kook!!!!

#9875 3 months ago
Quoted from Gazz_anderson:

Anyone know who Sharona is?
We got Squirrel, Bug, Luke, Spooky DJ…but Sharona
My guess is SpookyBug pet maybe????
[quoted image]

Don't know. Any chance we can have more letters for high score names? Like if someone wants their full first name.

#9905 3 months ago

After playing through the game three times in a row and beating it on my first ball, I decided to make the game a little harder by removing the castle wall. My previous games I usually scored about 600 million (just can't break 700,000,000!). Now I'm barely getting 2 million! Total game changer for us serious players!! The only problem is the ball falls hard and is adding a lot of dents to the playfield. I've also been playing with the idea of cutting the playfield in half and making a moat so the ball falls "into the water", maybe a 3D printed alligator that comes out and eats the ball?? Thoughts? Would be cool to add a fishtank inside and you see the ball falls into it and then VUK it back up. Just need a VUK that can shoot up a foot or so, or maybe VUK to another VUK like an elevator? Hmm...
Castle is off because I'm working on a small issue
[quoted image]

Had me for a second, lol!

#10023 3 months ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Thanks to pinsiders who helped make some improvements:
RussMyers - for the photos of making the outlane posts easily movable; this has made the game much more enjoyable with no more "hit a drop, drain a ball" action on that left side. I'm playing more frequently now. If left unchecked, this may lead to less sucky skills someday.
TSB_ - great low-cost improvement for the flipper button lighting; a few minutes made a huge difference.
Also for those who posted suggestions for cleaning up the speaker sound. Adding a shielded cable and audio extractor was easy and effective.
All three operations were straightforward and easy to accomplish, even for the mechanically inept.
[quoted image]

Would you or TSB_ mind doing a quick rundown. I think I asked a few weeks ago but life got in the way and I never had a chance to put in the rings for the flipper buttons. Definitely new and more inept, haha thanks!

#10029 3 months ago
Quoted from TSB_:

The Flipper button rings get sandwiched between the wood and the light ring. I unscrewed the nut just to the end of the threads, then pulled out the button slightly, dropped the ring into the recess in the wood, then screwed the nut back on "finger tight". I never actually "removed" any of the parts, I just held them in place. They are super easy to install.
Here's a step-by-step:
-Hold the button steady with one hand, and twist off the nut with the other (they should be tight, but not cinched down).
-Hold the nut & LED ring in place and remove the button.
-Slide the Clear Washer between the cabinet and the LED ring.
-Reinsert the button through the cabinet/clear washer/LED ring/nut.
-Tighten down the nut with your fingers.
No tools necessary. You don't want to crush the LED ring, or pull off the wires.

Thank you again good sir!!

#10126 3 months ago

Holy poop, I won the topper giveaway on Bug's Scream N Stream tonight! There might have been slight screaming....so excited!

Bro, it was a great win, congrats and post plenty of pics!!

#10261 89 days ago

Very good news tonight. Our Scooby is back and ready to roll and that new code feels so good!

It was down for a while because of all things, a short in the 12 volt, quickly fixed by the most minor of adjustments!

I cannot overstate, especially as a first time owner, how well the company treated and helped me, even when the problem was truly a mystery worth of the gang themselves.

A very heartfelt and special thanks to both Spooky AJ for the best customer support you could ask for (the guy works like no tomorrow!) and my pal usafstars who were both dauntless in helping me until we figured out the problem, provided a ton of support for the new guy, and provided lots of laughs!

I want to reiterate how this hobby should always be filled with joy and friends, and how I feel Spooky as a whole exemplifies that, and I could not have felt more comfortable or happy being a first time owner and trusting in them. A big fun toy that you look forward to playing to going down is never easy or fun, but the team, and this community as a whole, made it bearable and rewarding. I know come out knowing that much more about how to own and maintain a machine.

For those of you who are also new, or are going to be, fear not, for both the company and the community have your back, and I can only hope to pay it forward as time goes by. Whether it's Scooby, TCM, or Looney Tunes, you are making a great choice, and supporting an always caring and creative company.

Truly, the 12 volt ghost would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids at Spooky Pinball!

20240124_234711 (resized).jpg20240124_234711 (resized).jpg
#10288 88 days ago
Quoted from stumblor:

We've just kicked off a build round of the Phantom Lanterns while we wait for more Area 51 parts. This will likely be the last one we do. Jump on now if interested. Fanx!

List here:
https://stumblorpinball.com/products/lantern

ebay.com link: itm

Mine being ready was perfect timing after getting the game up and running again - can't wait!

#10290 88 days ago

I've had a mod in mind for a few days now that I'm pretty excited about. Here's the very first development photo. I don't want to give anything away yet but I'm excited enough that I have a new 3D printer arriving tomorrow to pull this off! I'm hoping to unveil it in a couple of weeks![quoted image]

This machine is loaded and only continues to gain more cool toys inside!

#10295 88 days ago

I'm really thinking about buying the apron mod. It looks awesome but pricey. Given that we're going to be pulling the trigger on a new furnace in the next couple of days, I probably shouldn't. Was also hoping to buy Godzilla soon but the furnace is going to kill that fun too. Haha

I feel you, those are killers. Maybe go for the apron mod since it's not as big a purchase. Good news about Goji is that it will be made for a while.

#10296 88 days ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

I've really enjoyed getting to know Matt as we waited for our late-run games and he prepped to be a first game owner.
I've been very grateful and impressed to hear from Matt about his experiences interacting off-thread with Spooky and several folks here. It sounds like he's gotten a lot of patient and informed support, and pinball peeps been actin' as such. Makes it feel pretty good to be a Pinhead.
/Carry on

The pleasure and honor is all mine, my friend. It feels wonderful to meet and talk with great people all the time and I feel very lucky and blessed!

#10338 88 days ago

End of the month I do believe, so maybe next week.

What is this ghost sculpt addon you speak of??

I can help. Bought the Phantom Shadow back on Black Friday. Here's how I set it up and I love what it adds especially with the new modes.

I think it's from a dual pack toy kit from the last 15 years with a bracket on the bottom. Good choice. Modfather painted the arms black so there is better contrast versus the normal blue green. I do miniature painting so took black primer to touch it up. I like it!

20240126_221314 (resized).jpg20240126_221314 (resized).jpg20240126_221320 (resized).jpg20240126_221320 (resized).jpg20240126_221325 (resized).jpg20240126_221325 (resized).jpg20240126_221340 (resized).jpg20240126_221340 (resized).jpg
#10381 86 days ago

Finally got a chance for the light ring washer. Thanks! TSB_

20240128_142527 (resized).jpg20240128_142527 (resized).jpg20240128_142702 (resized).jpg20240128_142702 (resized).jpg
#10386 86 days ago
Quoted from VitoD1981:

Does anyone have an issue with the right outside loop sending balls to the center drain? It doesn’t happen if the ball is going pretty fast mostly at slower speeds. Sometimes Mystery Machine Multi ball sends 3 balls down the drain. Not exactly down the middle, just slightly to the right tip of the left flipper. My machine is pitched at 7.

Sounds like the ball guide needs a slight adjustment. You can email support for the video, but basically you take a flathead screw driver and just ever so slightly adjust it outward. Not a ton. You can also push it in if you think that it needs that adjustment more. It's a very quick fix!

#10391 85 days ago

Anyone have any favorite settings for the audio they like to use? Still trying to find the sweet spot like with the LCD screen settings?

#10395 85 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

It's happened to me twice now, glass off time. The guide is really thin and unsupported so can easily be bent up or down by a ball. You can just see it under the ball.
[quoted image]

I keep bending it up when it happens, but been good for a while. I figure I could hold it up with something if needs be.

#10464 82 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Just got shipping notice for our topper!
Should be next week, yay.

Us too!! Super pumped.

#10469 81 days ago

Unmasked the the King of Spook, the Space Kook, tonight!

Also, I feel Velma's mode is loaded. I need to go back and watch Bug play. Not only do you have Shaggy getting smashed over the head, Fred roping gargoyles, and Dracula in an iron maiden, you have one of the most kickass soundtracks.

A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts was always my favorite episode since I was a kid because of the homages to the Universal Monsters. Spooky excelled in adapting it, from the various modes and shout outs (pickled vampire wings!!) To the playfield itself with Franken castle and the Wolfman sculpt. Superb.

Any chance we could get an official release of the complete soundtrack? I should have asked on the stream tonight!

20240201_192757 (resized).jpg20240201_192757 (resized).jpg

#10473 81 days ago

Yes! Please Spooky!

#10481 80 days ago

Need a quick reminder - how do I increase the Scooby multiplier for each end of ball? Is it based on the amount of modes started/completed? Thanks!

#10540 77 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Look what was waiting for me when I got home
The box is huge
[quoted image]

Same!!

20240206_160841 (resized).jpg20240206_160841 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#10889 49 days ago

I know what you mean with the double tap, has happened to me before - I just carefully tap it so I get MOT rather than MOO (though cows are a classic pinball reference)!

#10982 44 days ago
Quoted from robey99:

Is anyone having the issue where the game where put another ball in shooter lane and get confused once the first ball drains. Keeps doing this after every ball. I usually turn off and turn back on and seems to fix. Not sure why this is happening. Thanks.

I had a similar problem a while back, maybe the right outlane switch is being finnicky. Is the skull light working normally?

#10995 44 days ago

Question for Spooky: Since more callouts are coming this update, how much more dialogue is left to be put in aside from the other 2 wizard modes? Love the idle banter. I know Bug mentioned there were more ideas for video and audio assets for attract mode being brewed.

#11006 44 days ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'd have to double check with Bug and other Luke but I can't imagine we are anywhere near out of callouts for this thing. We recorded literally thousands of speech callouts for the game!

Quoted from lpeters82:

I think this update just about doubles the amount of banter callouts.

Thank you guys!!

#11044 42 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I have never had a ball stuck there.
Is the ball getting stuck on the bottom metal edge of that switch bracket?
If yes, bend the end of that bracket up a bit.
RM
[quoted image]

Has happened to me and PsychoPsonic told me it has as well. I'll give that a shot. Thanks Russ!

#11162 40 days ago

Silly question. How do you qualify for an extra ball? I swear I've gotten to 25 and 50 SS but it only ever triggers the mystery. Stinks because I could have gotten an extra try to go higher! Current high score:

20240314_225854 (resized).jpg20240314_225854 (resized).jpg
#11204 38 days ago

I'll try to get a log in for this. Twice over the last few days I've seen the spotlights *and space kook led strip) go out during a monster mode. It resets to normal immediately after re-entering normal play. Guessing it is a big with the code for lighting? Will try to get some data for the team.

#11226 37 days ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Can someone explain the outlane saves to me. Specifically..Ruh Roh and the right outlane save. How to light and what the correct behavior is.
I have checked my switches…seem to be working…but I never get outlane saves on the right side. Like, “never.”
Just want to make sure I am understanding the rules correctly. Tilt just says “light ruh-roh to activate a ball save.”
Thanks.

Ruh-Roh requires both rollovers. I.e. you will not be able to get it on a first try. You can activate one while the ball save is on, which sets it up for later. Scooby's ability is that one is lit at the beginning by default.

The skull activates a ball save every three drains, but take note that the drain will only count when it truly ends a round. If you keep draining while the ball save is on, it will not count it. Basically, it only counts legitimate drains. Ruh-Roh will do this too - it will never be used up while a ball save is on, only if it would potentially end the round.

#11251 37 days ago

The GI thing is random and has happened during various modes, but nit all the time. Have not played wizard mode but it doesn't seem intentional (though it is a cool idea).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
8,200 (OBO)
$ 14.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 19.95
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stacksot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=stacksot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.