(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,678 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Megeant
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
972946E7-8C53-4236-9BA3-08E7C451FCD8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider victorypointepgh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1009 1 year ago

Just got mine. On public play at my arcade. #67. Haven't heard any buzzing. I'm sure I'll have something to add eventually.

334528538_754655079563140_3879814507278066811_n (resized).jpg334528538_754655079563140_3879814507278066811_n (resized).jpg
#1024 1 year ago

Hey I wanted to say that I have CE #67 on location and I seem to be having shooter lane issues as well. I can't tell what is causing it but often the shooter lane will not recognize there's a ball there and so hitting the launch button doesn't launch the ball. Sometimes it resolves itself and sometimes it seems to decide it will allow a launch eventually. It seemed to happen most when the ball launched and it failed via hitting the little bit of trough sticking out and so didn't exit the shooter lane. Rather than shooting again automatically or allowing a button push to count as a launch.

#1119 1 year ago

Anyone else get an unlucky piece of glass on theirs? I took it off the first time to try and adjust the shooter lane switch and it popped in mid-air before I could put it on the carpet I have down. Now I'm shutting it down till next week since a few shards (And worse some powder) are on the playfield and I'm scared to run it again before I make sure it's well cleaned. The last thing I want is the beautiful art getting chewed up by carbon steel on glass powder.

334883250_727020728917898_3691513257235352471_n (resized).jpg334883250_727020728917898_3691513257235352471_n (resized).jpg
#1121 1 year ago

I did get to make the best sign I ever put on an out of order game though.

334878238_178263224672483_7478167723585768292_n (resized).jpg334878238_178263224672483_7478167723585768292_n (resized).jpg
#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Man that sucks bad. I got a piece of voodoo wide glass gonna switch day one.

I actually ordered a sheet of invisiglass (Since I only had standard width here) since my tech who's going to help me clean Scooby out keeps telling me that invisiglass is the best upgrade and with shipping I'm in for at least half the cost either way.

I'm pretty bummed though since the game was popular last night (Aside from the shooter lane switch issues) and we had people driving from a good way away to try it since we are one of the first public machines.

#1126 1 year ago

Yeah this is the second I've had pop with no impact. I even watched my own security camera to make sure I didn't drop it and just was so shocked I didn't notice. It just exploded in my hands while standing there.

My friend who works with a lot of tempered glass said that can happen if there's an un-noticable defect and the warmth of your hands makes it cascade.

Quoted from beltking:

You have tile which is the worse thing for glass. Get something rubber to lay glass down on on beach towel folded up. Could have damaged it when you had it in tile before and exploded later. Heard this happen a lot on tile floors.

Yeah I put it on carpet, you can see it under Weird Al there. None of my glass (Including this one) has ever touched the tile intentionally. I've had drops that broke before but this was just bad luck with this sheet and I guess the heat from my hands.

1 week later
#1927 1 year ago

So um, I dunno if anyone else has had this problem, but once in a while after making the mystery machine shot I'll hear the VUK fire several times, and this time it spat two balls, which caused an unfortunate psuedo-multiball that ended when the first ball drained. Anyone else having anything like that or any advice on resolving it?

#2181 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are not seeing or hearing a high rate of surprise multiballs at all. I think maybe the game you are playing has a switch out of adjustment somewhere. I'm sure if you sent a video to us we could help diagnose. We certainly have some code bugs but I do not believe what you see describing is one.

I did mention this in a ticket last week that my location game had this happening once in a while on the Scooby Van shot where it will sometimes kick out two balls after hearing a coil fire a few times. I've adjusted the switch a couple times but it still happens albeit rarely. But with the game being played a lot on location it does feel a little too common.

2 weeks later
#3070 1 year ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

Played Foo today. I must be the only one who thinks it is meh - like every other band pin out there (rush/g&r/etc/etc).

I love Scooby, but Foo is shockingly good in my opinion. I'm indifferent on the band, they're fine, but the shots and modes and just general atmosphere is absolutely amazing. It's probably in my top 3 Sterns I've played. It's definitely not as atmospheric as Scooby and since I have the pro nowhere close in term of toys or playfield, but for pure putting the ball through the shots it's one of the greats.

Hitting the far left (I think it's Rami) shot to the upper orbit to the side loop is sublime. Plus the upward kicker, and the way that spinner to side loop shoots. . . I dunno it's pretty good. I wasn't excited till I played it, but it's pretty amazing, and stuff like the building the Foo Bot and the Overlord Multiballs all have a good energy and art. I mostly got it because I just became a Stern Army location and planned to sell it to make room for a theme I liked more once we did the launch party and it started to drop off, but now I think I'd rather keep it over several of my other machines just because of how good it feels to play.

#3352 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I have been getting good reviews with the wives on Scooby! I actually had several men come up and tell me the wife bought the game lol. Apparently even Cary Hardy's wife is a big Scooby Doo pinball fan.

I mostly bought this game because my partner has been a huge Scooby fan all their life. Seems like a game/theme that is popular across all demographics.

Also just a quick question cause this is my first Spooky pin, I know that there's supposedly some new/different protectors coming for a few trouble spots. If we wanted the updated parts do we just email Spooky once they're available or how is stuff like that handled?

1 week later
#3803 1 year ago

So I've been having balls end suddenly and I'm not sure if it's the case but it seems like it's happening when the ball launches from trough and doesn't make it to the shooter lane. Doesn't seem like that should cause ball end and it should just retry. Anyone else getting this with latest software?

#3821 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

So does Scooby have a rules map yet? Is there an ultimate goal of this game? I'm "back" in the club re: preorder, so I've been following everything closely about the progression of the rules of this game. I haven't found much in the way of rules map or progression through the game.

Right now there's not any wizard modes or ultimate endgame implemented, although based on the game there's going to be 3 wizard modes. There are two main progression courses but only one is currently in the game.

5 character modes qualified by 3 shots each in a character lane (Currently not implemented) finishing all 5 leads to "Gang's All Here" wizard mode.

7 mysteries currently started by shooting clue shots (number depends on how many cases you've done) each mode has unique rules. All the modes end by shooting the Mystery Machine and "Unmasking" the villain. Leads to the "Would Have Gotten Away With it" wizard mode. (Not implemented yet)

Charlie the Robot- Roving shot, shooting a lane that isn't the shot removes that from the roving.

Captain Cutler- Shoot the bash toy to build up oxygen and then shoot main shots to complete.

Miner 49er- Shoot four shots in a particular order green shot is correct and lit by shooting targets.

Space Kook- Hit the spinners to briefly light other shots. Hit those shots to complete mode.

Creeper- Hit character shots to keep the Creeper away, if he catches you mash the action button to continue.

Black Knight- Hit red shots to collect paint and spread it to all the white shots to complete the mode.

Zombie- Combo left side shot and right side shot until you've hit all six main shots.

Presumably finishing all of that will lead to the "Scooby-Doo Where Are You?" wizard mode.

There's also currently 3 multi-ball modes. I don't think they lead to anything except points.

Captain Cutler which is started by shooting the bash toy on the upper playfield on all three of its targets.

Mystery Machine Multiball which is started by hitting the spinners to fill the gas tank and locking a ball at each 1/3. It has the only extra ball as a reward for a Super Jackpot.

Scooby Snack Multiball which is started by collecting Scooby Snacks (4 default) and locking a ball on either Apron lock (One is behind the drop targets) and one is off the middle shot on the upper playfield. Then collecting more Scooby Snacks and locking the second ball. This one is stackable and stealable in multi player.

2 months later
#6417 9 months ago

This morning after updating my Scooby started having light issues. The upper playfield is lit normally but the lower/main playfield is only dimly lit and the lights only light red instead of RGB. It feels like it's a connector that's come partially loose, but since there's not a manual I'm not 100% sure where to look for it.

ScoobLights (resized).jpgScoobLights (resized).jpg
#6425 9 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm having a similar issue... and it's not loose RJ-45s. Changing the length of the light board chain changes the colors in my case. The light boards are all part of a chain fed from the warden board. Look at the white RJ-45 cable from the board at the bottom corner of the PF.. then you follow the circuit of in/out jumper RJ-45 cables to all the LED boards.

I haven't gotten that far, but Spooky suggested pulling light boards one at a time to see what happens. Pulling any of the three closest to the coin door caused the whole playfield to go dark except this quadrant which is now orange?

356578099_633200422092962_332419542362309020_n (resized).jpg356578099_633200422092962_332419542362309020_n (resized).jpg
3 months later
#7950 6 months ago

Anyone know where an intermittent short (guessing near the frame) would be coming from? I keep having fuses blow. Which is briefly fixed by wiggling the playfield around but then happens again. Makes the entire lower playfield lighting dim and red till the fuse heals.

2 weeks later
#8315 5 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

At last, Here's the link to my Homemade Scooby Rulebook. I adjusted the margins so the printer should not chopped text now. I have not print tested it but it should be fine now.
Feel free to print your own. Please do not sell theses. I've spent many hours on this and it should stay free for all Scooby Pinball fans.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-okN6bK4Zs0eP48jzYEe53bx7kb8-AFV/view?usp=drive_link
Here's a tip for printing. Use original size (no resize) and print the first page separatly so you have a blank page behind the cover page. Best is to bring it to a print shop and tell them to spiral bind it with a translucent plastic cover and cardboard back page.
I will update the manual as rules comes in. I might do one for Halloween when I'm motivated.
Also, if someone knows how to pin the post to the key post that would be great.
Thanks guys.[quoted image]

Just curious. I finally got my Scooby working again after swapping the warden board and in giving it a bit of workout to test it I got 4 of the 5 character modes done. (Lot easier now that there are some achievable extra balls) If I'd done all five could I have started the wizard mode or are those not in the code yet?

Your rulesheet mentioned the prequisites and how they start but no details on the modes so feels like it could be either way.

#8339 5 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Really well done on this. Does anyone know what are the required shots & objectives once you initiate Scooby Snacks MB?

I don't think there are any required shots. It just spawns constant scooby snacks on each shot, which if you start it during a mode (intended use) means you get constant 2x scoring. I don't recall it having a jackpot beyond that. . . also great for fueling the 50 Snack extra ball.

#8373 5 months ago

Hey I just wanted to say that Spooky has been super to me.

This is my first Spooky game as it's been a dream theme of my partner's forever, and even though I'd had to replace some parts (Not surprising as mine is a super early build) the Spooky folks have made it really painless and supplied everything no questions asked, and recently even though I didn't expect it they sent me some cosmetic parts I damaged while replacing my warden board which was above and beyond considering it was my screw up. So I just wanted to publicly thank them.

SpookyLuke SpookyBug spooky_dj etc.

2 months later
#9977 3 months ago
Quoted from kyinwa:

Played the CE at our local arcade last night & 2 different games on my 3rd ball it just ended the game, flippers locked up & balls dropped. 1 of which I was still in the mystery multiball. Is that a normal occurence? I am not much of a nudger & didn't see anything pop up regarding tilt warnings.

We briefly had this issue on location. I'm pretty sure the trough switch needed adjustment as it would randomly trigger under vibration. It was also on much earlier code so it's possible it needs updated.

3 weeks later
#10512 83 days ago
Quoted from aztarac:

So, I see in the new production update video from Spooky that on the Scoobys, the start button is flashing and the ball launch button is solid. On mine it’s the opposite. Anyone else have the same thing going on?
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/s74jecoab68nyGXv/?mibextid=WC7FNe

I have the same. It's annoying cause it makes me think there's a free game on it or a credit.

2 months later
#11583 14 days ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Just adding to the recent comments in case anyone else has this issue with their topper:
My topper lights up and events trigger the appropriate videos but the bookcase never opens. I can manually push the button to open it and see that that the video works and is appropriate to the event. The bookcase just won’t open on its own.
I have reloaded code, gone backwards on code, unplugged, etc and the game will just not trigger the door to open. Assume it’s a bug and have reached out to Spooky but wanted to mention in case someone else has had something similar happen.
Looks amazing though.

I just got my topper on Wednesday and it's doing the same. It never opens, but it will close/open with the button and does play the correct video etc. This is kind of disappointing with just how cool it is.

#11619 9 days ago

Starting to think my topper is haunted. Which I suppose is fitting.

This looks both mechanical and software.

https://imgur.com/Bx0zLdf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,100 (OBO)
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider victorypointepgh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=victorypointepgh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.