IMG_2811 (resized).JPG
IMG_2809 (resized).JPG
IMG_2810 (resized).JPG
IMG_2808 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 14.04.07 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.36.47 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.21.09 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 6,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 135.
#6601 67 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Well then, what do we have here...
[quoted image]
Its new hardware time!!

Dunno what it is but I'm in!!!!

#6602 67 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

[quoted image]
Its new hardware time!!

Can someone more knowledgeable tell me what it is?

#6603 67 days ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Can someone more knowledgeable tell me what it is?

It's the ball popper that feeds the right red plastic ramp.

#6604 67 days ago

Shaker install. Do I run a ground braid under it?

#6605 67 days ago
Quoted from Zee:

It's the ball popper that feeds the right red plastic ramp.

Is the plan to make this a physical ball lock?

#6606 67 days ago

physical lock time,

adding the missing extra 2 optos, driver hardware and code support..

#6607 67 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

physical lock time,
adding the listing extra 2 optos, driver hardware and code support..

Sweet. Add me to the list!

#6609 67 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

physical lock time,
adding the missing extra 2 optos, driver hardware and code support..

Great !
New update ?
Or 2.5 compatible?

#6610 67 days ago
Quoted from Matt08:

Great !
New update ?
Or 2.5 compatible?

No, this is going to be a new hardware kit and will require v2.6 or newer aswell. It is not a simple thing to achieve, but physical locks are something this game was meant to have originally, so work needs to be done to achieve it

#6611 67 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

No, this is going to be a new hardware kit and will require v2.6 or newer aswell. It is not a simple thing to achieve, but physical locks are something this game was meant to have originally, so work needs to be done to achieve it

I am in !!! Thank you applejuice

#6612 66 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

physical lock time,

Yes, please! Love this

#6613 66 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

[quoted image]
Its new hardware time!!

I don’t know what this is, but I am excited!

#6614 66 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

great, I am teased, awaiting for result

#6615 66 days ago

Stoked for this applejuice !

#6616 65 days ago

Excellent. I just ordered the 6 ball trough kit & have yet to start the upgrade but I'm looking forward to all of this!

1 week later
#6617 57 days ago

Does anyone know the size of the cam used on the ltranslite lock???

#6618 56 days ago

Hello, my RFM plays well as far as I can see, no issues (also on sounds), but I did try a roms test and I got this error and do not know what to check. I'm on 2.24 code. Thanks!

checksumRFM (resized).jpgchecksumRFM (resized).jpg
#6619 55 days ago
Quoted from Giulio:

Hello, my RFM plays well as far as I can see, no issues (also on sounds), but I did try a roms test and I got this error and do not know what to check. I'm on 2.24 code. Thanks!
[quoted image]

I have the same.

Bought new ROMs... still bad.

Only thing I notice with mine is I don't have the large graphics while selecting the game at start up.

#6620 55 days ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

I have the same.
Bought new ROMs... still bad.
Only thing I notice with mine is I don't have the large graphics while selecting the game at start up.

Understood, weird as I got large graphics too, I cannot notice anything wrong..

#6621 55 days ago
Quoted from Giulio:

[quoted image]

U100 and u101 contains the shipped game code of rfm which could be a very old version of the game code. This will run when an update fails. Could be due to a bad connection of the rom in the socket or the daughterboard to the prism card.
For the moment it is not a problem but whenever a flash update fails you can have a serious problem as in a non booting game.
Graphics should not be affected as these are not in these 2 roms but I have to double check that

#6622 55 days ago
Quoted from Giulio:

[quoted image]

I thought this was normal when updating to the latest versions of AJ's code. I have the same errors.

#6623 54 days ago

Is there still a way to get a knocker/shaker harness? I remember they used to be available on Mypinballs website but they don't seem to be there anymore.

#6624 54 days ago
Quoted from Ckcoinop:

Is there still a way to get a knocker/shaker harness? I remember they used to be available on Mypinballs website but they don't seem to be there anymore.

Still available. Order the RFM Loom.

#6625 54 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

Still available. Order the RFM Loom.

Could you show me where? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

#6626 54 days ago
Quoted from Ckcoinop:

Could you show me where? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

It’s on the main page RFM section in the drop down list . I will stock them for as long as people want them!

IMG_2384 (resized).pngIMG_2384 (resized).png

#6627 54 days ago
Quoted from insight75:

I thought this was normal when updating to the latest versions of AJ's code. I have the same errors.

Quoted from Giulio:

[quoted image]

Commented on this before. A non issue. real roms aren’t even used with the update. Roms themselves are most likely fine. I have a note of this though to check why it started failing checksums on later updates and fix. Bigger things to work through at the moment however

#6628 54 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

It’s on the main page RFM section in the drop down list . I will stock them for as long as people want them!
[quoted image]

Thank you! I forgot it was in the dropdown menu.

1 week later
#6630 44 days ago

Check out the story of how I rescued the last game from Williams/Bally! l!

#6631 43 days ago

Should it be possible for balls to fall into the cabinet through the up/down skip ramp? I've just had to retrieve two balls from the bottom of the cabinet

The first ball didn't make it into the ball catcher and fell back down, resting on the top of the skip ramp that was still up. Since the ball couldn't be found, another ball was launched which also managed to find it's way into that area and both managed to fall into the cabinet. I'm assuming this shouldn't happen.

Has anyone seen this before?!

#6632 42 days ago
Quoted from mappy24:

Should it be possible for balls to fall into the cabinet through the up/down skip ramp? I've just had to retrieve two balls from the bottom of the cabinet
The first ball didn't make it into the ball catcher and fell back down, resting on the top of the skip ramp that was still up. Since the ball couldn't be found, another ball was launched which also managed to find it's way into that area and both managed to fall into the cabinet. I'm assuming this shouldn't happen.
Has anyone seen this before?!

Hi Mappy24,

That happend to me a couple of times. Found the ball in the cabinet.
Happens rarely but it is possible.

Greetings from germany
Jürgen

#6633 42 days ago
Quoted from RedFlash:

Hi Mappy24,
That happend to me a couple of times. Found the ball in the cabinet.
Happens rarely but it is possible.
Greetings from germany
Jürgen

That's crazy, you'd think there would be something in place to prevent that from happening!

#6634 41 days ago
Quoted from mappy24:

That's crazy, you'd think there would be something in place to prevent that from happening!

It should not be able to fall through there, the back of the lift ramp has a v shaped bracket on it to divert the ball down if it is hit. Had multiple RFMs for 25years + and its never happened here once...

I would check the condition of the lift ramp mech

#6635 41 days ago

In the mode ‘Secret Weapon’ is there any way to tell which shots you’ve completed? At least on my game, it just seems like everything is lit…and stays lit…is this correct? Very common for me to achieve 6/7 when the mode completes but I have no idea what shot I missed. Womp womp.

I’m on the new code 2.5. applejuice is this a potential code update thing where lit shots could go dark once completed?

#6636 41 days ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

In the mode ‘Secret Weapon’ is there any way to tell which shots you’ve completed? At least on my game, it just seems like everything is lit…and stays lit…is this correct? Very common for me to achieve 6/7 when the mode completes but I have no idea what shot I missed. Womp womp.
I’m on the new code 2.5. applejuice is this a potential code update thing where lit shots could go dark once completed?

- Left loop
- Right Loop
- Left ramp
- Right Ramp /Drop Target
- Centre Targets/Martian
- Centre Loop
- Up Ramp Catch

I suspect you are missing the centre loop shot as its not easy!

I will look into improving the lamps for this mode. I think i left them as original so far, but that as you mention may need an update.

#6637 41 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

It should not be able to fall through there, the back of the lift ramp has a v shaped bracket on it to divert the ball down if it is hit. Had multiple RFMs for 25years + and its never happened here once...
I would check the condition of the lift ramp mech

Never happened to me too and I've owned a few RFM's over the past 27 years.
I was thinking that maybe someone prior to you replaced the flipper coils with stronger ones and that this is the result?

#6638 41 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

- Left loop
- Right Loop
- Left ramp
- Right Ramp /Drop Target
- Centre Targets/Martian
- Centre Loop
- Up Ramp Catch
I suspect you are missing the centre loop shot as its not easy!
I will look into improving the lamps for this mode. I think i left them as original so far, but that as you mention may need an update.

Excellent, your code rocks!

#6639 41 days ago
Quoted from Darkfader:

Check out the story of how I rescued the last game from Williams/Bally! l!

Hey I am the guy that texted you about your cool backbox mod

On that note question for all just got a RFM, are most of you with original monitors still doing the Ultimarc VGA mod ?

#6640 41 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

That would be a big value add - Secret Weapon is the one mode I can never seem to get a saucer light on. Not because it's harder than the others, but because there's no way to tell which shots are left. I always end up forgetting one.

#6641 41 days ago
Quoted from bdw85:

That would be a big value add - Secret Weapon is the one mode I can never seem to get a saucer light on. Not because it's harder than the others, but because there's no way to tell which shots are left. I always end up forgetting one.

This. Same experience here.

#6642 39 days ago

So I have always found martian happy hour to be kinda dark, The Aliens in this guys Martian Happy Hour are bright as can be! Is this a LCD or just what they look like on a stock monitor thats running well? I did just orfer the ultimarc video amp for mine.

#6643 39 days ago
Quoted from Mando:

So I have always found martian happy hour to be kinda dark, The Aliens in this guys Martian Happy Hour are bright as can be! Is this a LCD or just what they look like on a stock monitor thats running well? I did just orfer the ultimarc video amp for mine.

Can't tell for sure it this is a LCD or CRT but my CRT with videoamp gives a similar result-good choice on the videoamp

#6644 39 days ago
Quoted from harig:

Can't tell for sure it this is a LCD or CRT but my CRT with videoamp gives a similar result-good choice on the videoamp

Yeah look forward to getting it going ! Haven’t had a chance to see which monitor I have yet

Hoping for a wells and 5V on cable haha

#6645 39 days ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yeah look forward to getting it going ! Haven’t had a chance to see which monitor I have yet

Given the age of these monitors, it's wise to install a cap kit before you start messing with an amplifier. You'll get much better results.

#6646 39 days ago
Quoted from Mando:

Sometimes you may have a different monitor altogether. I had a different brand that used the Ducksan frame.. I couldn't get mine to work with the the amp unfortunately.

#6647 39 days ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Given the age of these monitors, it's wise to install a cap kit before you start messing with an amplifier. You'll get much better results.

Yeah I may look into doing that as well .. I don’t think this game was used much but the caps are still 25 years old.

Not an arcade guy so this would be a first for me , but I can definitely do it.. jsut need to make sure I discharge that monitor correctly !

#6648 39 days ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yeah I may look into doing that as well .. I don’t think this game was used much but the caps are still 25 years old.
Not an arcade guy so this would be a first for me , but I can definitely do it.. jsut need to make sure I discharge that monitor correctly !

I had never done a cap job before I did mine and all went smoothly.
Make sure to look for tips on how to discharge the monitor and on recapping as well on Youtube and everything should go smooth.
My monitor is now really bright, I'm very happy and I have no regrets.

#6649 39 days ago

#6650 38 days ago

Yeah I have watched like 10 discharge videos

Good news is I have a Wells Gardner ! Had to break in didn’t have keys to backbox .

I will say it looks brand new back there but doesn’t mean it doesn’t need new caps !

Where did you buy your cap kit?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 6,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/133 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.