VBATT to RAM (resized).png
VBATT on main board (resized).png
Battery holder daughter board (resized).png
RFM errors (resized).jpeg
IMG_4498 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0396 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2093 Wells Gardner K700 troubleshooting flow chart Posted by snakesnsparklers (5 years ago)

Post #2187 Links to updating the game code using windows 7 Posted by ForceFlow (5 years ago)

Post #2295 Adding the missing slingshot spotlights Posted by Lhyrgoif (5 years ago)

Post #2312 Version 2.0 custom code announcement Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2348 Updating Pinbox systems with "Mypinballs" newer code Posted by applejuice (5 years ago)

Post #2824 CORRECT rubber kit for Revenge From Mars Posted by Sonic (4 years ago)

Post #6222 Code improvements identified. Posted by harig (4 months ago)

Post #6265 Link to Nucore forum. Posted by Rene368 (4 months ago)

Post #6283 LCD advice. Posted by rygar (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2838 4 years ago

just for the records-could not find a post with that error message:

was having issues when updating my RFM. Error message on the P2000 updater was: "cannot connect on com1"
Finally, after checking connectors and settings on my PC the culprit was inside the original PC: the serial DSUB9 port on the side was internally connected on the wrong port -make sure it is connected to COM1 on the motherboard !
Update went well using win XP pro and the existing serial port.

I luckily found this solution by watching a random P2k update video and the guy was having the same issue...pure luck...I would have wasted lot´s of time...

Finally with V2.1 installed everything is prepared for the shaker to be built and implemented

#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

I have the same problem. Does the COM connection look valid on my photo? Is it possible to just update the computer without attaching the playfield (I just have access to computer and not the whole machine at the moment)?[quoted image]

Orientation looks ok. I do not remember wich port is com1. It was labelled on the Motherboard. Mine looks like that

20190529_171112 (resized).jpg20190529_171112 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2891 4 years ago

I have a few questions concerning my original p2k pc. Could not find clear answers so far

(mainboard is V2.0)
1. where to connect a keyboard to access the bios? It´s the 5 pin DIN (or "AT") connector, right?
2. what is the PS/2 connector next to the VGA output/parallel port used for? mouse? where and which orientation to be connected on the mainboard (found disconnected)
3. where to connect the 2 pin reset cable on the mainboard? (the one coming from the prism card ) which orientation of connector? (found disconnected)

someone can help with details and/or pictures?

thx a lot

20190529_170724 (resized).jpg20190529_170724 (resized).jpg20190529_171124 (resized).jpg20190529_171124 (resized).jpg
#2893 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

1. Yes
2. It is a Svideo output
3. See this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/revenge-from-mars-prism-card-connector#post-5013239 orientation does not matter.

thx for your answers!

do you or somebody have a picture where the svideo connector goes on the mainboard? mine was disconnected and I´d like to complete things

#2896 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Sorry for the wrong 2. answer. It is indeed a PS/2 connector. On my board it goes next to the RAM slot to pins labeled as MOUSE (circled on the photo).[quoted image]

Is it green or yellow wire to the left ?

Thx a lot!

1 week later
#2915 4 years ago

Dear @applejuice

thanks a lot for your great work on that machine-keep the spirit up!

Since updating from V1.9 to V2.1 I do get those messages in the diagnostics:

"check lamp 33A left rubber martian eyes" and
"check lamp 34A right rubber martian eyes"

Seems that is related to the feature mentioned there: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this/page/49#post-4775799

I do use the original PC

Is there any feature to deactivate the "rubber martian eyes" in the adjustments?
Might have acitvated it by accident somewhere.
Have gone through them but could not find any.

Was wondering as no one else seems to "complain" about those messages yet?

thx a lot

20190611_211059 (resized).jpg20190611_211059 (resized).jpg
#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Will be fixed in the next update. I needed to add an extra definition in the configs as these are optional not essential and not currently included in any modes yet.

thanks for you reply!

Does that mean every machine using the V2.1 sotware shows that error messages currently?

2 weeks later
#3004 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Ok let me clarify a few things.
1) Knockers should have a coil diode. Pinball 2000 had coil diodes on all coils and diodes on the power driver board. For reliability, so follow the same. Make sure the +50v voltage wire goes to the banded side. Brown on my looms.
2) Shaker motors and knockers should fit perfectly well in the front rhs of the cabinet. There shouldn't be any need to do anything particularly special. The loom was made and tested in various games beforehand and i spent along time perfecting it. I dont understand why the tilt bob is shown on the rhs on 1 game above. I can only assume this is not factory.
See my game installation below.
[quoted image][quoted image]
I will most likely update this info into the instruction doc when i get time

just a comment: ...my RFM has the tilt bob on the RHS as well and looks pretty much factory....maybe there were variations during production...

4 months later
#3375 4 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I am planning on upgrading all the bulbs to LED (no color). Too many good BF deals to not make the jump. I was wondering if anyone can assist me in this?
Do I need to worry about strobing with the GI or other lights that dim on RFM? Like when the top GI (where the skill shot is) dims the whole area?
Are there any LED bulbs that still work with the test/diagnostics report?
Pop bumpers have regular bayonet style #44 in them, right?
By a quick count I see I need: 57 #44, 55 #555, 3 #906, and 4 #89. Is that the proper quantity? I know that the manual was dead wrong for rubber parts, don't want to put in an order again just to find out something was wrong in the manual for the lamp matrices.
I was planning on using 2smd frosted soft or warm white all around.
Thanks!

IIRC the latest code V2.2 has some functionality to deactivate the "lamp check" - so it does not indicate a fault when LEDs are used....to be checked...just what i remember...
EDIT: by checking the logfile https://mypinballs.com/software/rfm/code_updates.jsp I think my post above is not correct...to be checked in the settings

3 weeks later
#3443 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Shameless plug to ask for donations to the software cause, if you like what i've done with RFM. 3 new releases in the last year.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
https://mypinballs.com and click on the donate button
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks

Done!
Please keep your great work going!!!

cheers

3 months later
#3604 3 years ago

nice! they had quite some really smart ideas back then with Pinball2000
Compared to WPC/WPC95 there were some really nice new features added.

4 months later
#4025 3 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

I’m joining the club even though I am still 2+ months from getting my hands on the machine (it’s part of the container buy from Italy)
I don’t know a lot about them yet- I am on page 1 of the topic. Based on the video I am guessing if there is a good display on the monitor then the computer is also working?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ce-IJ69kpSHhrXcSOoZlifodMPpo4U1G/view

yes, computer is working-otherwise one can not play a game.
Did you buy it from "Expand" (Andrea)?

4 months later
#4265 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

On all of the RFMs I've seen, there are already spotlights there. They are elevated a bit though (with a hex post).

Yes, IIRC they were there on the earlier games and got removed during production on later games...

3 months later
#4571 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Here is who’s pin it was.
Thanks, I’ll look to update it!

What a cool find!
Does the machine not have a serial number or what does the according text on the shipping paper mean?

3 months later
#4738 2 years ago
Quoted from Grangeomatic:

Mine has the stuck up ramp problem, too. I've taken the assembly out and cleaned it, but it still did it. I've been living with it, but I've seen suggestions that maybe the coil stop has become magnetized. I haven't actually pursued this theory yet, but maybe it'll help one of you out.
Jeff

I think I just added a spring (like on the slingshots) over the plunger to increase the moving down force

5 months later
#5037 2 years ago

Yes....it is the reset cable so the prism card can reset the mainboard
This connection Is not absolutely necessary. My game came with the cable disconnected
Do not have a better pic

Screenshot_20190601-183345 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190601-183345 (resized).png
1 week later
#5058 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

What does all of this mean? I’m assuming the self diag is seeing switch and lamp problems?

Exactly...seems some lamps are out and some switches not registering

#5070 2 years ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Is the knocker volume adjustable? Even with the volume turned down the knocker is a bit obnoxious. Putting mine on location in a restaurant and don’t want the owner bitching that the game is barking to loudly.

No afaik it is not
You can deactivate it in the settings or install a real one with the later software revisions

6 months later
#5506 1 year ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Why not just order a glass from a local glass shop?

Because 'normal' glass is not working in pinball 2000 machines-they don't have the mirror effect

1 month later
#5565 1 year ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Hey all - picked up a NIB Revenge from Mars today and have yet to unpack it until it's moved into the game room (both the body and head). I couldn't find much info on unpacking a 23 year old game, but what should I look for prior to considering powering up and playing the game?

Unbelieveable, pls share pics

3 weeks later
#5612 1 year ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

More unboxing photos. Re-threaded the leg bolt thread which worked perfectly. Need to wait until I can find a friend to help me lift the head (forgot how heavy this thing is). 6/18/99 meet October 2022...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unbelievable one can find a NIB game after so many years

11 months later
#6222 4 months ago

there is the list with many code improvements done:
https://www.mypinballs.com/software/rfm/code_updates.jsp

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-hillary-come-here-you-gotta-see-this?tu=harig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.