200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2161 NO TOPPERS FOR SE OWNERS Posted by ifpapinball (1 year ago)

Post #3174 Cabinet size comparison to Sterm Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #3205 Topper Height Posted by docquest (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I think I just decided not to buy Godfather and wait for this.

Pretty sure that’s why this was posted today?I want Pulp Fiction too
but I don’t want to wait for two years speculated it will be better then GF on a new comer to pinball

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I just cannot believe they actually dropped this so soon. Insane clusterf**k of titles all dropping within 2 weeks of each other

This title did not drop!Single level playfield and not going there when I can have all those glorious gold ramps and a subway on Godfather!

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Will be the best “ball save” animation!!

Quoted from LTG:

Fish Tales and Indiana Jones in the 90s, Kingpin didn't make it into production at Capcom before they closed.
LTG : )

I had all of the Superpins except Demolition Man.Twilight Zone was early in my collection and then my son needed a car haha When I acquired IJ pinball adventure I didn’t miss TZ anymore.It has everything you want a pin to be.

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Cant wait till Monday! Honestly more excited about this title than The Godfather.

Typical Pinside arc.Kind of fun to watch of course.

#284 1 year ago

This is going to be fun?

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Old ones did.

I use to be able to walk into a bar and buy cigarettes when I was 6 years old.Cigarette shit was everywhere and everybody smoked
Oh the cigs were for my dad of course

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup. Gotta be priced less than a Stern Pro…less than a Stern Home Pin if it’s gonna have less than JP Home. Otherwise, it’s like “why would I buy this when I can get something cooler?”

On the other hand JB SLE $19,999

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

As someone really dying to throw my money at this game six months ago to now seeing low interest on this site on this game and hearing all these rumors that are really disappointing I’m ready to spend my fun money elsewhere ):

I felt this way after seeing Led Zeppelin!Stern really served up a turd with that one.

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh boy. Haha. Don’t count on me for anything except a good time if we happen to meet. Haha

For a good time call Chuck@8675309

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Needs to have Bruce Willis, John Travolta, or SLJ, doing callouts and that would be sweet.

Bruce Willis is a no

#424 1 year ago

Look’s kool

#613 1 year ago

Thanks for working your JJP hatred into this thread Aurich

#794 1 year ago

Will I’ve seen them all (except GTF)
and I’m getting that Godfather LE!
PF looks like fun but I can’t see the longevity there. Just my opinion

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

More likely to go to bed with a bag of Cheetos

That explains the hand discoloration

#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Cudos to JJP for flipping that script. Time to delivery after game announcement used to be one of their biggest criticisms.

This is true I think this started with Wonka.They have a couple hundred completed games ready to ship.They also have finally fixed the flipper and playfield issues!Now if we can just steal David Thiel to do sound and convince Keefer to back off his multiball craze!Pulp Fiction looks good and I’m sure Thiel did a wonderful job with the sound.But the game might be too simplistic for the long haul?Ive had a lot of this kind of game and I get bored quickly with them but they were only costing me $1200 to $1500 usually

#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

To cap it all, a mirrored backglass
No paper thin translight on this game!
This game is gonna make people question paying $13000 plus for LE/CE etc.

All JJP’s games have backglass.

#1147 1 year ago

Dude, you did it before ...
Design. Your. Own!!!

Love it

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They take orders, make them, ship them. Very rare that any company has games ready to ship when order banks open. Would be awesome if thousands of games were just sitting there ready to ship on announcement day, but it’s just not how it works.

JJP has with their last three games.

#1427 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Good choice. You gotta love Mark Ritchie in this video.. so humble. Hope it goes down as his crowning achievement!

That’s a bold statement !
Isn’t he the chap who designed Indiana Jones the Pinball Adventure

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Might as well face it, you’re addicted to Ramps.

Why did I just read this as Robert Palmer and chicks with getars

#1618 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I noticed it looked like a JJP manual explaining rules. Guess I know why now.

Now we know where the money went lol.I had a Dialed In manual and it weighed in at 5 pounds!

#1620 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The game is flat
And there's no screen
It's like a level, from the street
The BOM...you can't justify!!
Just one lil' ramp
And you'd me mine!!!
You like to say this design's not up to snuff, oh yeah!!!!
But it's closer to the truth to say your response is damp
cause you might as well face it you're addicted to ramps!

You a crazy mofo

#1640 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Also $15,000 for a GF CE vs. $9500 for a PF LE. Both have amazing toppers also.
I like GF but I think PF will be more fun, with a better theme and looks better for way less money!

Pulp Fiction is a great theme few are better.But to compare a GF CE to a PF LE is not fair.Maybe compare PFLE to GF LE?$9500 to $12000 would be more fair
It is a better theme but the artwork is hands down Godfather.
Right now we’re in the pink cloud faze of analyzing GF.There is a shit ton more programming and BOM in Godfather.That being said I get how cool PF is .It’s my favorite movie of all time and I love Tarentino

#1698 1 year ago

TPF will be a pinball manufacturer war zone with all these titles co
Ing out back to back!!

#1704 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I dunno - Pretty swanky topper on the Pulp Fiction LE and compares well with the GF CE less the ugly cabinet bling.
GF has the nice Franchi art but I'm not so sure about a "shit ton more" in the BOM. Outside of the RGB light strips there is nothing extra.
Personally I think JJP is pricing too many people out of their pins with the $12/15K model they have adopted.

You gots anymore of that stinky weed man?You must be high or blind to reality!

#1725 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Exactly - news flash, diverters aren’t expensive. GF is the most barren JJP game yet. Now I’m not saying PF BOM is higher or lower - I just know the BOM on GF is not a shit ton more. The BOM on JJP pirates? OK, yes, now we’re talking!

Come on man just the programming De Win did for the game.27” screen
multiple metal ramps diverters,and a mile of more wiring.We need someone that’s not biased do a realistic BOM.Once again I love PF and will probably buy one when they have been out and tested for awhile.

#1728 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do you know know how cheap lcd screens are these days? They are practically the only thing going down in price. It's cool that they are the only ones doing it, and it looks like they did it really well.

Oh ok now I get it.

#1742 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The screens are cheap, but programming the LCD can be fairly costly (and requires specialized skills).

Thank you sir

#1745 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah that was fairly obvious, but it doesn't take more work to do say what Stern screen size is vs. JJP's screen size and the screen size cost is negligible.

We’re not comparing Sterns to JJP lcd’s I was make a more robust statement of BOM between PF and GF

#1805 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

So pumped for this game, I think there's a place for everything and I enjoy pretty much every game that's come out in recent years but just nice to see the excitement for this one. Kinda funny this is Mark's first game without ramps.
[quoted image]

All of the criticism of GF here is not needed to enjoy PF.I suspect I’ll be playing my GF long after folks have gotten bored with PF?
Usually I play my newer pins with more code then my Whirlwind and BOP.I owned Taxi for three weeks

#2230 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

<blockquote

Love him so much you can’t even spell his name right…

I misspelled

Quoted from cookpins:

And that choreograph for the call outs is going to be…rotating left or right.

That’s good because when they spin completely around the look like ballerinas on a music box lol

#2284 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Seriously? Bitchin’! I didn’t catch that in the SDTM vid. But I’m pleased my instincts were correct!
It is also a good reference point for “less is more”. Strikes and Spares is a very fun, addictive game that doesn’t have a whole lot going on in it. But what it does have is clever and executed perfectly.
In fact, I want one! If anyone has one for sale and sees this, hit me up please!

I got one for $7995

#2289 1 year ago

That’s a little rich for a Strikes and Spares. Unless it’s restored and there’s $5k in the coinbox. And it blows you. And makes you a deli meat sandwich along with access to the Pepsi products.
I love all the rollovers on Strikes and Spares. A hallmark of 70’s games. I don’t see any rollover buttons on PF, which is a bit of a miss if true.

No blowing but….
I did imagine the girl on the backglass smacked my face with her sweater puppies when I was 12.

#2361 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Kurt Russell.
No contest.

Uh no

#2364 1 year ago

You guys just don’t get where I’m coming from with this. And it doesn’t matter one bit. But you’re all wrong.

I was there and I get it 100%

#2367 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

You live in your world where....this...
Is cooler than Snake Plissken, and I'll live in mine!
(After Pulp Fiction, but still, Travolta had one mega cool flick, and PF was it!)
Russell has more dignity than this!
[quoted image]

Oh crap that is bad!I forgot about that shit.I never watched the movie.But he was cool for a period now is this a pinball thread or a mutha fuckin movie thread

#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If they did add a mini gamer to the topper, I wonder what it would look like. Maybe a rhythm game where you tap the flipper buttons to music while they dance? But nah…doesn’t need it.

Did we just jump the shark on this thread?lol

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You're an idiot.
Go fuck yerself ya noob bitch

Aaah your in trouble now buddy!!!

#2530 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Uh
..... BOTH!!!
Not much to chat about prior to TPF at this point.
Travolta was definitely hot shit, multiple times during his career.
Even that sell out Grease mobile ad during the Super Bowl had some Greasy Geezer Heat!

Man that video was something!!
I think Travolta was cool because of his character in Saturday Night Fever.Most people remember the walking to Staying Alive at the beginning of movie.I don’t know how old you are but disco was just getting ready to kick into high gear and that’s where the nookie was.
I loved Led Zeppelin but danced to Burning down the house and looked cool doing it!

07F09720-8191-454C-A564-56D5839EAC36 (resized).png07F09720-8191-454C-A564-56D5839EAC36 (resized).png
#2557 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Please tell us you still have that hair ...

In my fuckin dreams lol

#2607 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even tho it’s a great game, I feel like I will prob end up selling my Godzilla before others…as I gravitate toward my games with simpler rules & shorter ball times. I think PF is gonna be perfect for my quick game preference.

I’ll see you guys in a couple years wanting to buy games that keep your interest longer?
Haha

#2610 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Guys don't ever keep my interest, unless they are like Vince and Jules

Corrected

#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That coin door though.

Wow what a coin door!

#2813 1 year ago

Wow this shit is unreal!I think the first guys who play this at TPF are just going to blow up and go to pinball heaven haha

#2891 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

He is a hard Scottish mother fucker, he is immune to any bullshit!

Sweaty nose wiping mother fucker!

#2998 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The SE is a$15.9 - comparable to a Stern Premium.
Yeh, there’s TNA, Celts and Fathom which are more niche unlicensed themes (TNA is one of my favorite games btw - owned it twice and a new one on the way).

Most realize the strong appeal is it’s Pulp Fiction!!!!!!!

#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'll be selling two pins to get PF... Or drain the college fund. I'll just teach my kid plumbing instead lol.

2 for 1 is tricky.I’ve been happy with most deals I’ve made over the years but the ole 2 for 1 can be second guessed after the dust settles.
I wish this traditional pin came with a more traditional price tag it would be a no brained!Its Pulp Fiction!

#3014 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'll be selling two pins to get PF... Or drain the college fund. I'll just teach my kid plumbing instead lol.

Teaching your kids plumbing is a good plan but selling Bram Stokers Dracula is not imho

#3035 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

my take - the reason CCR was taking so long is because CGC actually care about their customers and don't want to ship something that they know might have an issue.

Are you an employee?

2 months later
#4279 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But I used to too.

Just say no to drugs!!!

4 weeks later
#4419 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Love the mug. Wish I could get one of them.
LTG : )

Hopefully they were made by the company that did you Pinball Circus mugs and not the Whoa Nellie mug manufacturer lol.I put it in dishwasher twice and pouf it disappeared

4 weeks later
#4509 8 months ago
Quoted from dq13:

Does a game actually need to be released in the same year that it's being considered for GOTY?

Yes

2 weeks later
#4613 8 months ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Jules is ready!
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is actually kind of weird?

1 month later
#4795 7 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I was on the Stren factory tour October 2015 and there were a lot of MMr parts ready for assembly at that time, with a line of MMr going. This article is from 1.5 years earlier. That’s way more than 100 units, regardless of output.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I think the lesson learned is pre ordering anything from CGC is not a fun experience. You're much better off waiting it out, and picking one up on the secondary market or finding a distributor who has one in stock. It's gonna be a long time and with the market on a downward trajectory there will be plenty of opportunities to get the game at or very near retail.

Brought a Godfather and love it!
Made a choice to have fun now and possibly pick up PF after playing it
I am alittle concerned with the longevity

5 months later
#6670 50 days ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Thanks for the post. This helps me try and make a decision. I love the theme, callouts and music. The only con was the high price for a very retro machine, i.e no LCD or DMD. But the game looks fun as hell!

The game looks great but damn that same fucking over and over made it impossible to watch the IE twitch stream for very long.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-?tu=romulusx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.