IMG_0215 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0213 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2630 (resized).jpg
IMG_2621 (resized).jpg
IMG_5756 (resized).jpeg
pb-tbl (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 137.
#2501 12 months ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

If you haven’t seen Jackie Brown, I suggest you do. just watched it again this week. have to watch Pulp, and I haven’t seen it in years.

I will defiantly will re-watch Jackie Brown.. I don't remember much of it.

#2502 12 months ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I think people will really enjoy it, and clearly the directors are real pin enthusiasts

Actually they aren’t

They were on one of the podcasts before the film was released… super awesome maybe?

They talk about it

#2503 12 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

2 rear , 2 rear surrounds and 2 rear atmos in back and two giant subwoofers ; )

Nice setup. I'm thinking about getting a new TV. Is that an OLED and what size is it?

#2504 12 months ago

Wonder if Theil has included the sound effects of Marsellus getting pumped in the Pawn Shop.

ehww,ehww, ehww, ehww ........Yeah Ha!, shut the fuck up, .....................ehww,ehww,ehww....come on yeah!!!!

#2505 12 months ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

Nice setup. I'm thinking about getting a new TV. Is that an OLED and what size is

thanks . Room is too bright with windows for OLED.85” in Samsung.
But can highly recommend the LGs for a darker space .

#2506 12 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Wonder if Theil has included the sound effects of Marsellus getting pumped in the Pawn Shop.

ehww,ehww, ehww, ehww ........Yeah Ha!, shut the fuck up, .....................ehww,ehww,ehww....come on yeah!!!!

I hope this game has surround sound.

LTG : )

#2507 12 months ago

Pulp Fiction was the last on my list before all the game revivals and now it is the one I lust for the most. In on LE. Also Foo LE and a Scooby CE. Going to TPF and I can not wait. If Scooby does not impress me I will put my pre order up and go Godfather or Tank Force. Pulp is a must have.

#2508 12 months ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Pulp Fiction was the last on my list before all the game revivals and now it is the one I lust for the most. In on LE. Also Foo LE and a Scooby CE. Going to TPF and I can not wait. If Scooby does not impress me I will put my pre order up and go Godfather or Tank Force. Pulp is a must have.

TPF is going to be crazy fun this year I think. Wish I was going. Check out all these new releases and report back. Especially some game footage of PF and how it shoots with modern flippers in a single level game. I played the LE Bond 60th and thought the flippers felt excellent and actually enjoyed flipping it. Was a lot fun, not $20k fun, but definitely enjoyable. I hope PF’s flippers are in line with this game as they are similar single level games. Enjoy!!

#2509 12 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

TPF is going to be crazy fun this year I think. Wish I was going. Check out all these new releases and report back. Especially some game footage of PF and how it shoots with modern flippers in a single level game. I played the LE Bond 60th and thought the flippers felt excellent and actually enjoyed flipping it. Was a lot fun, not $20k fun, but definitely enjoyable. I hope PF’s flippers are in line with this game as they are similar single level games. Enjoy!!

Looking forward to it. Hopefully the line for PF is not out the door!

#2510 12 months ago

Is there room for an NSX model car on the PF? I gotta add this if so.

D42DE4DA-FBE8-43A2-A31F-A6F64C6087B0 (resized).jpegD42DE4DA-FBE8-43A2-A31F-A6F64C6087B0 (resized).jpeg
#2511 12 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

thanks . Room is too bright with windows for OLED.85” in Samsung.
But can highly recommend the LGs for a darker space .

I've got an 85" Samsung QN90a (2021) and it's anti-glare abilities are impressive There's some coating on the display that is supposed to help with it. Directly on the opposite wall from it is a large window and during the day if I sit at a left or right angle of the TV, there's almost no glare.

#2512 12 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I've got an 85" Samsung QN90a (2021) and it's anti-glare abilities are impressive There's some coating on the display that is supposed to help with it. Directly on the opposite wall from it is a large window and during the day if I sit at a left or right angle of the TV, there's almost no glare.

I found a way to 100% reduce the glare on my OLED about five years ago.

I threw a sheet over it and have never seen a reflection (or heard an ad) ever again.

DSCF2165[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2165[1] (resized).jpg

#2513 12 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I've got an 85" Samsung QN90a

rated better than the following years Model b! For a bright room, the best tv made. That’s what I have .

#2514 12 months ago

Haven’t seen it mentioned and maybe I missed it but does the LE come with any type of anti glare glass?

#2515 12 months ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Haven’t seen it mentioned and maybe I missed it but does the LE come with any type of anti glare glass?

I am not sure - I know Stern and JJP LE games have anti-glare.

#2516 12 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Tonight’s hype for me
[quoted image]

Insane setup, well done on the choice of speakers, room and movie.

#2517 12 months ago

Would be great if HD glass was included.

#2518 12 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Could be more of a name than anything at this point and they have six months to implement it, who knows.

I was hoping ifpapinball would shed some light on this feature

#2519 12 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

In my experience, if it isn’t mentioned in the features sheet, it sure ain’t included. Tarantino probably nixed the idea and is having them scuff up the glass and spill a beer on it before shipping. We gotta stay true to the era, man!

#2520 12 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I do not think it is otherwise it would be on the specs list.

#2522 12 months ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

I was hoping ifpapinball would shed some light on this feature

I'm not sure on this one.

#2523 12 months ago

Got my poster on the wall in my arcade. And when GF CE gets here the poster for that comes out of the movie poster frame in the window and a Pulp Fiction poster goes in it.

DSC00800 (resized).JPGDSC00800 (resized).JPG
#2524 12 months ago

And your new Pulp banner can go up somewhere assuming you got the BMF?

#2525 12 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

And your new Pulp banner can go up somewhere assuming you got the BMF?

Too early to tell.

For tech support my AFMR was a kind of SE with green LE legs, side rails, mirror blades, and topper ( basically a LE only the green stand up targets are opaque instead of translucent. My MBR was a LE prototype #3, my CCR was a SE with prototype side art inside, prototype art on the back wall, prototype train tracks, prototype mine cart, and topper when they became available.

My main concern right now is getting the game and manual, to learn it for tech support. I'm sure CGC will fix up something nice for me. No idea on a banner or not.

#2526 12 months ago

Bad Mother Flipper with a goose on the apron CGC!

Ya hear?

#2527 12 months ago

Just got home from running a few errands and my last stop was at the local convenience store. Went inside and the song playing over the stores sound system was Chuck Berry's "You never can tell" as we all know the dance song. The girl (maybe 25-27 years old) behind the counter was kinda getting into the song and moving to the beat of it. She asked me if I needed help finding anything and I said "no thanks.... movie quiz, what famous movie was this song played in??? I got the deer in the headlights look and proceeded to tell her it was PF, same look, me: uuummm Quentin Tarantino movie... same look... RD? Django?
IB? KB? .... shoulder shrug. Paid for my lottery tickets and while I was walking out she asked "what was the name of the movie" I told her and she wrote it down.
Obviously it's all about how you were brought up. My son turns 21 this year and he and his friends love QT movies and pinball.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#2528 12 months ago
Quoted from gjm:

Just got home from running a few errands and my last stop was at the local convenience store. Went inside and the song playing over the stores sound system was Chuck Berry's "You never can tell" as we all know the dance song. The girl (maybe 25-27 years old) behind the counter was kinda getting into the song and moving to the beat of it. She asked me if I needed help finding anything and I said "no thanks.... movie quiz, what famous movie was this song played in??? I got the deer in the headlights look and proceeded to tell her it was PF, same look, me: uuummm Quentin Tarantino movie... same look... RD? Django?
IB? KB? .... shoulder shrug. Paid for my lottery tickets and while I was walking out she asked "what was the name of the movie" I told her and she wrote it down.
Obviously it's all about how you were brought up. My son turns 21 this year and he and his friends love QT movies and pinball.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The movie is 30 years old. Not all young people are into ancient movies. It's not a character flaw.

When you were 25 were you big into Clark Gable pictures?

#2529 12 months ago

Next time you watch PF note this editing mistake in the "Bonnie Situation". Right after Jules tells Marvin "I'd knock that shit off if I were you" Jules is standing in front a wall that already has the bullet holes in it before the guy with the "hand cannon" pops out and starts firing. 1:53:22

#2530 12 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Uh
..... BOTH!!!
Not much to chat about prior to TPF at this point.
Travolta was definitely hot shit, multiple times during his career.
Even that sell out Grease mobile ad during the Super Bowl had some Greasy Geezer Heat!

Man that video was something!!
I think Travolta was cool because of his character in Saturday Night Fever.Most people remember the walking to Staying Alive at the beginning of movie.I don’t know how old you are but disco was just getting ready to kick into high gear and that’s where the nookie was.
I loved Led Zeppelin but danced to Burning down the house and looked cool doing it!

07F09720-8191-454C-A564-56D5839EAC36 (resized).png07F09720-8191-454C-A564-56D5839EAC36 (resized).png
#2531 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The movie is 30 years old. Not all young people are into ancient movies. It's not a character flaw.
When you were 25 were you big into Clark Gable pictures?

Never said it was a "character flaw" just said it depends on how you were brought up as a kid, as I stated. My son came into this world almost 21 years ago and he always saw and heard my pins being played and he has picked up the passion to play them as well as some repairs.
As far as Clarke Gable goes, I was more of a James Cagney, Edward G Robinson & Humphrey Bogart movie guy & Godzilla

#2532 12 months ago

Are all distributor deposits non-refundable?

#2533 12 months ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Planetary Pinball said and I quote "Our deposits are fully refundable at anytime – before you make your final game payment, final balances are due when your game is ready"

#2534 12 months ago

PinballStar

“All sales final no refunds or cancellations for any reason”

#2535 12 months ago

Posted on accident

#2536 12 months ago

I went through Gameroom Guys and fully refundable as well.

#2537 12 months ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

Planetary Pinball said and I quote "Our deposits are fully refundable at anytime – before you make your final game payment, final balances are due when your game is ready"

Speaking of PP, did anyone get their email asking for deposit yet? I've seen nothing since the email last week :/

#2538 12 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Speaking of PP, did anyone get their email asking for deposit yet? I've seen nothing since the email last week :/

Ive been checking daily and haven't seen the request for deposit yet so you're not alone. Sara was very appreciative when I sent her all my contact info and said she'd send over the request when they are ready so I trust she's good on her word.

#2540 12 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t know how old you are but disco was just getting ready to kick into high gear and that’s where the nookie was.

Please tell us you still have that hair ...

#2541 12 months ago

Thanks for the helpful (and prompt) responses.

#2542 12 months ago

So basically it looks like some Raw Thrills/Play Mechanix operator interface.

#2543 12 months ago

I’m at Starbust dinner in NYC. Will take your $5 shake. They are $17 here. Inflation sucks.

#2544 12 months ago

1) What are theories how Brett and boys ended up with the briefcase?

I imagine the boys went to meet Marcellus and were able to steal the briefcase before fleeing. As to what business these boys had, I don’t think it was drugs or fencing stuff as there wasn’t any evidence in their apartment.

#2545 12 months ago

2) after the face-off incident, they go to Jimmy’s house. From there Jules calls his biz partner, Marcellus, whom is sitting calmly on deck a sail boat. What up? What is supposed to be going on, is he partying on riviera or what?

#2546 12 months ago

How is the service menu going to work? I’m guessing a small lcd near the service buttons.

#2547 12 months ago
Quoted from rai:

How is the service menu going to work? I’m guessing a small lcd or DMD around the service buttons.

perhaps, or like old games, they are alphanumeric displays, it can be done easy on those.

#2548 12 months ago
Quoted from rai:

How is the service menu going to work? I’m guessing a small lcd or DMD around the service buttons.

Ace, talk about the pinball game.

Are the displays ones that can be used for simple service graphics? Or too complex?

#2549 12 months ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

Ive been checking daily and haven't seen the request for deposit yet so you're not alone. Sara was very appreciative when I sent her all my contact info and said she'd send over the request when they are ready so I trust she's good on her word.

Speak, of the devil. Check your mail.

#2550 12 months ago
Quoted from rai:

How is the service menu going to work? I’m guessing a small lcd near the service buttons.

Hopefully a phone app connecting over WIFI

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 6,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 137.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.