IMG_8236.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,093 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 142.
#4251 10 months ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

That’s right. Can’t forget about HP now. Looking forward to my SE turning into an LE because of it.

id have trouble respecting someone as a man that drops Pulp for pooter

#4252 10 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I've seen Stranger Things (sic) in pinball.

I have no idea why grown men want all these children's themes. I just can't figure it out.

It's like people haven't moved on and grown with all they learn. Hell, i don't listen to the same music, read the same books, play with the same toys or study the same things as i did ten years ago, let alone 50 years ago.

#4253 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have no idea why grown men want all these children's themes

lol as in Scooby Doo? Horrible theme. surely there was a worse and more irrelevant cartoon from 40 years ago to get.

#4254 10 months ago

Pages of burger talk and I'm here thinking a Martin & Lewis or an Amos & Andy would look much more appealing.

#4255 10 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

lol as in Scooby Doo? Horrible theme. surely there was a worse and more irrelevant cartoon from 40 years ago to get.

Scooby do (hated it as a kid)
Stranger Things (couldn't get through one episode)
Willy Wonka
Simpsons
South Park
Turtles
Munsters......

#4256 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Scooby do (hated it as a kid)
Stranger Things (couldn't get through one episode)
Willy Wonka
Simpsons
South Park
Turtles
Munsters......

ill give stranger things a pass but the rest, just Fucking atrocious.

#4257 10 months ago

I tossed up Munsters, but let that in as it IS a children's show, just a good one. But i crossed out Spiderman, Batman, Superman etc and all the Marvel stuff.

it's ok to have one or two kids shows from the past, but please, the world is moving.

#4258 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I tossed up Munsters, but let that in as it IS a children's show, just a good one. But i crossed out Spiderman, Batman, Superman etc and all the Marvel stuff.
it's ok to have one or two kids shows from the past, but please, the world is moving.

in general i dislike movies/shows that feature kids as main characters, deadpool 2 was not enjoyable for me for example.

Love me some real rock and roll pins though.....AC/DC, Metallica, Iron Maiden all fantastic and i dont mind RUSH at all.......but Foo Fighters might as well have been The Wiggles.

#4259 10 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

DO MORE DRUGS

#4260 10 months ago

There's not enough time in my day to do even more drugs.

Although i made and consumed tincture yesterday that left a 6 hour grin welded to my face. Was telling my mate that was here that i hadn't been like that since i was in my teens and the Lebanese blond hash was floating around. She's too young to remember.

Quoted from centerflank:

in general i dislike movies/shows that feature kids as main characters, deadpool 2 was not enjoyable for me for example.
Love me some real rock and roll pins though.....AC/DC, Metallica, Iron Maiden all fantastic and i dont mind RUSH at all.......but Foo Fighters might as well have been The Wiggles.

Never listened to any of those bands on purpose, or GnR (hate their music), but i'm a theme immersion fan, so theme isn't as important to me as the integration of it.

I'm the same with bands, loved Zep, Floyd, Black Sabbath etc as a kid and a teen, but i never listen to that stuff on purpose anymore.

I'm all ska and punk and southern US rock, lots of modern stuff now. Music has moved on too.

#4261 10 months ago

ok if i have to get all high on whatever to enjoy a poorly thought out show/theme etc. Id just buy a Punny that looks legit.

#4262 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

southern US rock

So maybe a Carrie Underwood pin for you? Ill make a call....

#4263 10 months ago

I used to do drugs….and I still do!

#4264 10 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

ok if i have to get all high on whatever to enjoy a poorly thought out show/theme etc. Id just buy a Punny that looks legit.

Tisk tisk.

#4265 10 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I used to do drugs….and I still do!

But I used to too.

#4266 10 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So maybe a Carrie Underwood pin for you? Ill make a call....

Haven't heard of that person. Dead South, James leg 7 horse type of thing. By the time a pin gets built in 5 or 6 years if they start now, i'll be dead or listening to something else.

#4267 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Haven't heard of that person. Dead South, James leg 7 horse type of thing. By the time a pin gets built in 5 or 6 years if they start now, i'll be dead or listening to something else.

How about Jelly Roll?

#4268 10 months ago

I'll go and have a listen. I'll get back to you.

#4269 10 months ago

Gave them both a quick listen. Too slow for me, back to Anders Osbourne.

#4270 10 months ago

Do you two like anythimg?

#4271 10 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No no. No interest for HP. Sayin PF LE spots may open up for SE buyers like me.

#4272 10 months ago

loling at the "children's theme" talk in a thread dedicated to a director who never "grew up" and is creatively fueled by adolescence and feet.

It's possible to like Pulp Fiction and Animated Films and Generational Journeys like Star Wars and Harry Potter.

#4273 10 months ago
Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

Do you two like anythimg?

Yes. I like turtles.

#4274 10 months ago
Quoted from JToeps:

played a couple games on this at the NWPAS show this weekend and it confirmed my pre-order. it's fun. Slower than TNA

Isn't everything?

#4275 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes. I like turtles.

so you DO like dolls!

#4276 10 months ago

Any idea what type of mirror blades will fit the SE? I thought B/W like other CGC, but it doesn't have hinge bolts for the head that go through B/W blades. Wonder if it will need a custom size.

#4277 10 months ago

I like this shirt.

IMG_6810 (resized).pngIMG_6810 (resized).png
#4278 10 months ago

SE Topper?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#4279 10 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But I used to too.

Just say no to drugs!!!

#4280 10 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just say no to drugs!!!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4281 10 months ago
61ei1ua34YL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_ (resized).png61ei1ua34YL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_FMwebp_ (resized).png
#4282 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Gave them both a quick listen. Too slow for me, back to Anders Osbourne.

Sounds kinda like a heavier version of “Leroy Brown” by Jim Croce.

#4283 10 months ago

Too bad they didn’t use Spooky’s approach picking what trim level you want want no matter .Probably would’ve doubled they’re sales from what I have heard directly from people .I know I would’ve bought a LE if had a little time to think and for sure after flipinnouts reveal .Is it just me , or does pinball companys make very baffling decisions say 80% of the time ? No wonder J Pop and Deeproot survived as long as they did in this hobby Anyone want to sell they’re LE spot for cost lmk if not , congrats and enjoy .

#4284 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Too bad they didn’t use Spooky’s approach picking what trim level you want want no matter .Probably would’ve doubled they’re sales from what I have heard directly from people

i am sure their sales are just fine as is.

#4285 10 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Correct, other wise he wouldn't be hoping someone passes their spot on....

#4286 10 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ah , you were a smart one

#4287 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Correct, other wise he wouldn't be hoping someone passes their spot on....

Win some , lose some .

#4288 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Win some , lose some .

There is no losing here...game plays 100% the same without the topper.

#4289 10 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I agree, without question the topper is awesome, and if available I would buy one, but the game itself is the same so I'm looking forward to getting my SE. If for some unforeseen reasons toppers became available for purchase or I find an aftermarket one that appeals to me then I'll buy one. I don't care about the limited # or the BMF wallet but mirror blades and a shaker motor will the first two things I'll add.

#4290 10 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Funny that the only thing me and the wife feel like we're missing out on with the SE is the speaker grill. Seems like a mod person will cook one up at some point!

#4291 10 months ago
Quoted from dq13:

Funny that the only thing me and the wife feel like we're missing out on with the SE is the speaker grill. Seems like a mod person will cook one up at some point!

Fair point, that grill is pretty sweet, I'd buy one too if someone makes a good alternative..

#4292 10 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I understand , and will grab a used one at some point but the look of it with that topper and grille takes it to another level. I’m just saying if they ran like Soooky with unlimited top models , there is no telling how many they would have sold. I can only go by the people I talk to and most all (including myself ) feel if they had an open menu ,we’d 100% be in on a LE now .Just needed the flipinout video to get over the hump but it was too late . I’ll never buy a pin inflated in pricing after I missed out .It’s just another I’ll never own

#4293 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I understand , and will grab a used one at some point but the look of it with that topper and grille takes it to another level. I’m just saying if they ran like Soooky with unlimited top models , there is no telling how many they would have sold. I can only go by the people I talk to and most all (including myself ) feel if they had an open menu ,we’d 100% be in on a LE now .Just needed the flipinout video to get over the hump but it was too late . I’ll never buy a pin inflated in pricing after I missed out .It’s just another I’ll never own

So you have a spooky game on order?

#4294 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

You DO understand that LE stands for Limited Edition...

I think not.

Unlimited Limited Editions is NOT what Spooky do. I have two here and another on the way.

Rob Zombie has 50 LE's, and 250 standards.

I don't think you know what you want or what these companies do.

If i'd only waited a couple months for the gameplay video, THEN i would have got in on an LE that sold out in 24 hours, months before.

#4295 10 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

You DO understand that LE stands for Limited Edition...
I think not.
Unlimited Limited Editions is NOT what Spooky do. I have two here and another on the way.
Rob Zombie has 50 LE's, and 250 standards.
I don't think you know what you want or what these companies do.

but CGC would have sold way more of the Pulp LE's...now they will just be sitting in boxes forever in the companies loading dock because they botched the sales pitch

#4296 10 months ago

Parrently.

#4297 10 months ago

Topper, decorative speaker grill or whatever else mean jack shit to me. Full featured play field gameplay is all that matters to me on this game.

edit-it is a truly nice topper but id never buy one if it was sold separate

#4298 10 months ago

One for everyone. I want the badge and the number.

#4299 10 months ago

I want the "Banner". haha

#4300 10 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So you have a spooky game on order?

No .Spooky allows anyone ordering to pick they’re trim level .So everyone buying a Spooky can get the top model .I’m just saying if they would have done that with this pin , it would have sold shit loads of the LE .That’s all I’m saying .So Im pretty much just whining that I didn’t jump on the LE and will not be purchasing a standard version nib .But I’ll live to fight another day .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
There are 7,093 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.