200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 142.
#1651 1 year ago

Just saw the Rules and still alot to digest for me, but is a lot better than some of these other games that are very deep and confusing to me.

Do you think they may have call outs on what to shoot in the game? if so, that would be great. FWIW, I'm an okay player, but not great.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/brochures/Pulp_Fiction_Pinball_Rules_Manual.pdf

#1652 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Just saw the Rules and still alot to digest for me, but is a lot better than some of these other games that are very deep and confusing to me.
Do you think they may have call outs on what to shoot in the game? if so, that would be great. FWIW, I'm an okay player, but not great.

In the video you can hear Sam Jackson yell "Shoot the ramp motherfvcker!"

#1653 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who is charging that?

Orange county pinballs was...but looks like they sold out also.

#1654 1 year ago

After watching the extended interview/preview this game looks super cool. I'll be on the lookout for a secondhand SE way down the road.

#1655 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I hope none or very few. Would hurt the vibe of the game. There weren't many (if any) callouts like that on 70's-80's games.

#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yes they didn't respond to my email (yet)

Rick posted last night on FB that they are sold out.

#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yes they didn't respond to my email (yet)

Sara is very overwhelmed right now...I could tell by her text

#1658 1 year ago

It is kind of crazy if LE's are selling out this fast...but I see that this pin is plastered all over the news. It's another theme that's going to appeal to a lot of non pinheads, but at the same time that price (while we are all trying to justify it) is still high.

#1659 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I found an LE, but it would cost $1k premium over msrp. Not sure if I'm that bad of a mother flipper or not for mostly a topper.

You would be insane to pay $1,000 - or any - vig on these games. They wont be produced till NEXT YEAR most likely and as we've seen a billion times, people will already want to get rid of their "spots" by then.

At least let the dust settle. And call around, there's still rumblings about available LEs.

#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It is kind of crazy if LE's are selling out this fast

I'm hearing the SE is going just fine too. Really pleased to see the response turn around on this one, the "no ramps?!" talk sure got quieter after the reveal.

#1661 1 year ago

I’m in on a deposit on a SE. That SDTM video just did me in.

#1662 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

People buying PF should understand they're buying an art piece that will not get played nearly as much as the other pins in their collection. It's more of an art piece.

That statement couldn’t be further from the truth at our house! My wife and I are SUPER pumped about this title! We are 57 years old and played most of our pinball in the late ‘70’s thru the mid ‘80’s. We got back into the hobby about 1 1/2 years ago. The type of design that PF is bringing back is right up our alley.
When I walk up to a table, I’m there to emulsify myself in the world under glass, concentrate on the movement of the ball, zone in on my targets and snipe away! I’m not there to watch a TV screen!
This is a stupendous time to be in the pinball hobby! Thanks guys!

#1663 1 year ago

R E L A X

After we see a stream or two, there will be LE's spots that will be put up for sale. It happens every release, because there are some that are disappointed that the game play doesn't match what they had imagined. Too slow, too many brick shots, too floaty, not enough moments etc etc etc.

Then there will be many that won't have the space/funds or have a life changing event, or had to buy the newest FOMO pin, so they will sell their spot in the next 9-12 months.

Patience will pay off. I am counting on it as I really REALLY want an LE but I have to play it first and I doubt I will before Expo. I am confident I will find one then if I still want one.

#1664 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

R E L A X
After we see a stream or two, there will be LE's spots that will be put up for sale. It happens every release, because there are some that are disappointed that the game play doesn't match what they had imagined. Too slow, too many brick shots, too floaty, not enough moments etc etc etc.
Then there will be many that won't have the space/funds or have a life changing event, or had to buy the newest FOMO pin, so they will sell their spot in the next 9-12 months.
Patience will pay off. I am counting on it as I really REALLY want an LE but I have to play it first and I doubt I will before Expo. I am confident I will find one then if I still want one.

Don’t see it, not with this one and not at this price. I think it will follow similar path to CCRLE. This isn’t a 15k pin.

#1665 1 year ago

newsflash: what most people playing pinball want

SayTheLine (resized).pngSayTheLine (resized).png
#1666 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Don’t see it, not with this one and not at this price. I think it will follow similar path to CCRLE. This isn’t a 15k pin.

Customers dropping CCRLE's switching deposits for PF... some just fed up with the wait and Customer service...
So there is a chance ...

#1667 1 year ago

So um, has any game EVER had this many callouts, and by assumedly, so many different actors?

This definitely seems unprecedented, and as much a part of integration than anything else!

300 callouts, 56 expletives>>>>LCD with repetitive, and fewer clips!

#1668 1 year ago

Movie pin with no Video, whats next music pins with no music.
Data east called and wants its cut on this one.

#1669 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

So um, has any game EVER had this many callouts, and by assumedly, so many different actors?

Scooby Doo over 3000 plus lots of characters , guessing PF is the second highest !

#1670 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

This definitely seems unprecedented, and as much a part of integration than anything else!

Maybe different actors is a record, but there are thousands of lines of recorded dialogue in some other contemporary games.

#1671 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Steve Ritchie has claimed STTNG had 500 voice calls.

#1672 1 year ago

Scooby Doo has 4000 callouts.

Move over coil count!

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Customers dropping CCRLE's switching deposits for PF... some just fed up with the wait and Customer service...
So there is a chance ...

Its market value is still well above retail even with all the delays. Well priced pins can hold value if they are good even in this market. I think this will be one of them. I am not buying for that reason, but I don’t think this is one where patients will pay off from a price stand point. I highly doubt people will be selling deposits for a loss.

#1674 1 year ago

Hot damn!! I had no idea Scooby spoke that much!!! And STNG! Wow!!

#1675 1 year ago

BUT how many ball paths does this one have????

#1676 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I hope none or very few. Would hurt the vibe of the game. There weren't many (if any) callouts like that on 70's-80's games.

what if they are callouts from Samuel Jackson or someone else in the movie

#1677 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think many people would not be jumping in to buy if that were the case. You should watch the SDTM video if you have not. While this is in a retro package, they discussed how this is still a modern game. I'm anticipating some very cool lighting effects happening during modes that you also don't see in 80's machines.

#1678 1 year ago

There are voice clips from the movie...there are no actual callouts in the instructional sense.

#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

They could do it but voices change over 30 years. You'd need to do some sound manipulation to get Sam Jackson 2023 to sound the same as Sam Jackson 1994.

What if they got Tarantino to do the callouts? Haven't listened to an interview with him in a while but I'd guess his voice is just as grating today as it was in 1994. Of course they'd really be leaning into the LW3 comparisons at that point.

#1680 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In the video you can hear Sam Jackson yell "Shoot the ramp motherfvcker!"

I did not get that joke at first.

#1681 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Not likely to happen, and even if so what would they need to tell you to shoot for? Rules are pretty straightforward and already a great document on them, and inserts will guide the way. I don't feel there will be a need for someone telling the player to shoot a spot to lock a ball to shoot the orbit. I trust this team has put a really good package of sounds, music, and audio clips together to make it entertaining and fun without having a "shoot the orbit" callout stepping on top of it.

#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So there is a chance ...

I’ll take a CC LE spot if anyone is giving one away. I’ve had several people try to sell me their spot for $$$$! I’m like no thanks that topper ain’t exclusive if you know what I mean.

But I’d love a LE order spot if anyone has one at cost.

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I did not get that joke at first.

After I wrote this...I was actually thinking this would be a hilarious callout if it got progressively more agitated. People be like...what ramp?? Shoot what ramp??

#1684 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I was also thinking about Godfather pin and how they made it onto a pin inspired by the movie but not really a Godfather pin.
With Pulp it seem a lot more like a pinball recreation of the movie and for me that’s what really tipped me into buying Pulp.
Also the songs as well as the dialogue used as assists. I woke up with the dance contest song playing in my head.

JJP Godfather is a nice looking machine, but, like a lot of JJP games, it reminds me of a modern slot machine. And that’s not a good thing.

#1685 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I think many people would not be jumping in to buy if that were the case. You should watch the SDTM video if you have not. While this is in a retro package, they discussed how this is still a modern game. I'm anticipating some very cool lighting effects happening during modes that you also don't see in 80's machines.

I watched every minute of it and I don't recall any "shoot this" callouts in it. Yes it's still a modern game in the sense of some of the mechanics and lighting they have and the music, sounds, and audio clips package. But I think modern game "shoot this shot" callouts on this design and theme wouldn't fit in very well.

I think people are jumping in to buy because it's a pretty fun looking package with the design, rules, audio clips, music, and features they put in the game. I'd hope all that would outweigh any desire for instructional callouts.

#1686 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

newsflash: what most people playing pinball want[quoted image]

This is the meme of the year!

#1687 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Exactly. You really don't need callouts telling you where to shoot the ball. Especially for game designs of the 70s-80s. The shots were clear..... shoot for the lit or blinking insert. Simple! Classic! Look at the playfield (where the ball is!) & visually determine where you need to shoot next.

Screens really began to change game design in the 90s. And it was a welcomed exciting change throughout the decade. I still love DMD games, for the classic animations alone. But when LCD screens came along, I feel some companies & programmers have just taken it too far. Throw in a million RBG lights and it's too just too much. You need callouts because you can't visually tell where to shoot, and the screens have way too much information displayed.

The focus for the player should always be the playfield. Period. That's something that has been lost in this LCD era. Which is why the PF throwback to an older era is pleasing to so many players & generating so many sales IMO. I hope CGC makes more games like this, where all the people, resources & money that's pumped into the LCD development goes back into making great playfields & other game features.

#1688 1 year ago

Deposits are in for both this one and Godfather, both CEs. Can I afford it? I cannot. Do I have credit? I do. So these represent two of the films my fiancée and I love the most? They (along with my Halloween pin) cover our top three pretty flawlessly.

#1689 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Exactly. You really don't need callouts telling you where to shoot the ball. Especially for game designs of the 70s-80s. The shots were clear..... shoot for the lit or blinking insert. Simple! Classic! Look at the playfield (where the ball is!) & visually determine where you need to shoot next.
Screens really began to change game design in the 90s. And it was a welcomed exciting change throughout the decade. I still love DMD games, for the classic animations alone. But when LCD screens came along, I feel some companies & programmers have just taken it too far. Throw in a million RBG lights and it's too just too much. You need callouts because you can't visually tell where to shoot, and the screens have way too much information displayed.
The focus for the player should always be the playfield. Period. That's something that has been lost in this LCD era. Which is why the PF throwback to an older era is pleasing to so many players & generating so many sales IMO. I hope CGC makes more games like this, where all the people, resources & money that's pumped into the LCD development goes back into making great playfields & other game features.

I think the LCD poured gasoline on the trend of pinball machines becoming more code/rule complex as the market shifted towards home owners vs location players. The DMD limitations kept some things a bit in check. Now you can have a dozen different status icons cluttering up the display....

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I watched every minute of it and I don't recall any "shoot this" callouts in it. Yes it's still a modern game in the sense of some of the mechanics and lighting they have and the music, sounds, and audio clips package. But I think modern game "shoot this shot" callouts on this design and theme wouldn't fit in very well.
I think people are jumping in to buy because it's a pretty fun looking package with the design, rules, audio clips, music, and features they put in the game. I'd hope all that would outweigh the lack of instructional callouts.

Sorry, didnt mean to infer there was mention of shot callouts. I just meant that they are only being true to the retro factor to some extent, in reference to you saying callouts would hurt the vibe as they aren't in 70-80s games. Neither is RGB lighting but this has it.

As an aside, I think how they will be lighting up the characters throughout the PF when they are playing their audio clip is a great idea.

#1691 1 year ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

Deposits are in for both this one and Godfather, both CEs. Can I afford it? I cannot. Do I have credit? I do. So these represent two of the films my fiancée and I love the most? They (along with my Halloween pin) cover our top three pretty flawlessly.

I love the passion, but if you cannot afford it then using credit makes it even MORE unaffordable. Be careful of this addiction they call pinball. Glad you and your fiancee are happy though!

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Sorry, didnt mean to infer there was mention of shot callouts. I just meant that they are only being true to the retro factor to some extent, in reference to you saying callouts would hurt the vibe as they aren't in 70-80s games. Neither is RGB lighting but this has it.
As an aside, I think how they will be lighting up the characters throughout the PF when they are playing their audio clip is a great idea.

Just a difference of personal preference on this one. Last night I played TZ, AF, AFM, MB, Fire Power, and some other older games on location. I don't think any of them have "shoot here" callouts and I don't think having that type of callout on those game would improve them. Those games instead have callouts and sounds for after you've completed or achieved something.

#1693 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just a difference of personal preference on this one. Last night I played TZ, AF, AFM, MB, Fire Power, and some other older games on location. I don't think any of them have "shoot here" callouts and I don't think having that type of callout on those game would improve them. Those games instead have callouts and sounds for after you've completed or achieved something.

"Shoot the...EIGHT BALL!"
"One more for Deluxe!"
etc

#1694 1 year ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

Come over and vote at - Show Your Cards - One Thread To Count Them All (with poll) - thread. Don’t have any TGF votes yet. Curious about financing. Did you self finance on credit card or did you go with online loan?

#1695 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

After I wrote this...I was actually thinking this would be a hilarious callout if it got progressively more agitated. People be like...what ramp?? Shoot what ramp??

saywhat_meme__84105 (resized).jpgsaywhat_meme__84105 (resized).jpg
#1696 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I love the passion, but if you cannot afford it then using credit makes it even MORE unaffordable. Be careful of this addiction they call pinball. Glad you and your fiancee are happy though!

I'm not fully irresponsible, we just sold a house and can cover these. Just didn't really want to all at the same time

#1697 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Last night I played TZ, AF, AFM, MB, Fire Power, and some other older games on location. Those games instead have callouts and sounds for after you've completed or achieved something.

Would be great if Pulp Fiction taunts you during different modes like TZ. "I want it back (MF)!" "Miss and you lose it all (MF)!" "Feel lucky (MF)?"

#1698 1 year ago

TPF will be a pinball manufacturer war zone with all these titles co
Ing out back to back!!

#1699 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Pulp Fiction is a great theme few are better.But to compare a GF CE to a PF LE is not fair.Maybe compare PFLE to GF LE?$9500 to $12000 would be more fair
It is a better theme but the artwork is hands down Godfather.
Right now we’re in the pink cloud faze of analyzing GF.There is a shit ton more programming and BOM in Godfather.That being said I get how cool PF is .It’s my favorite movie of all time and I love Tarentino

I dunno - Pretty swanky topper on the Pulp Fiction LE and compares well with the GF CE less the ugly cabinet bling.

GF has the nice Franchi art but I'm not so sure about a "shit ton more" in the BOM. Outside of the RGB light strips there is nothing extra.

Personally I think JJP is pricing too many people out of their pins with the $12/15K model they have adopted.

#1700 1 year ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

JJP Godfather is a nice looking machine, but, like a lot of JJP games, it reminds me of a modern slot machine. And that’s not a good thing.

What is with their lighting system? It’s just blinding and unnecessary with this title.
I’m still getting over TS4 but wanted a GF down the road. Not sure at all but will wait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Wanted
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.