IMG_6564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0224 (resized).png
IMG_0222 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_182941_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0217 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0218 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,865 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 138.
#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I'm seeing want ads...is the LE sold out? Also is there a way to add different songs like with pinsound? or is it locked in that respect?

PinSound - Doubt that

#1152 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You mutherfuckers! Another great job on the "featurette" guys.
Made me flip flop on this one. The call outs alone. FFS

FOMO alive and well in 2023

#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’m in! Ordered an SE. Glad I’m not a topper guy, saved myself $1500.

If I don't get my LE I will grab an SE for sure.

Quoted from allsportdvd:

e LE worth the extra 3K? It comes down to the value of the topper - what did the CCR toppers sell for on their own?

I think so but I won't die without it either. Game is cool either way.

Quoted from frobozz:

I think the art fits the target era perfectly, if you compare it to the right games. For instance... (credit to ipdb)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely. I played a lot of these kind of games in the early 80's and the nostalgia combined with the modern gameplay and rules have hit my hard. Game may be the surprise hit of 2023!

#1154 1 year ago

When are these shipping?

#1156 1 year ago

Wow, That’s disappointing to put it mildly. Why release it now during this rush of other machines?

Are distributors asking for deposits now?

#1157 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Wow, That’s disappointing to put it mildly. Why release it now during this rush of other machines?
Are distributors asking for deposits now?

Yes.

#1158 1 year ago

Now the biggest problem with the game is CGCs ability to manufacture it in a timely manner.

#1159 1 year ago

To me , and I know I don’t have a lot of buying experience with this stuff, but that’s just odd. Release a video during a clustered packed month of releases only to have zero inventory until almost a year from now? Head scratching

#1160 1 year ago

Wow! Any LEs left?

#1161 1 year ago

for the '80 lovers, this is just WOW

#1162 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

To me , and I know I don’t have a lot of buying experience with this stuff, but that’s just odd. Release a video during a clustered packed month of releases only to have zero inventory until almost a year from now? Head scratching

People are just going to wait for what they want. The only games I was interested in were this and scooby and Foo. Will to wait for all of them (earliest I would have any of these is end of year) They aren’t going anywhere and will be made for years. I’ll just play pinball while I wait.

#1163 1 year ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Wow! Any LEs left?

How can a game with no inventory released at 4PM EST be sold out? Makes no sense since these guys close by 5 and there’s 1000

#1164 1 year ago

One distro I know said it sold faster than Foo.

#1165 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

How can a game with no inventory released at 4PM EST be sold out? Makes no sense since these guys close by 5 and there’s 1000

They take orders, make them, ship them. Very rare that any company has games ready to ship when order banks open. Would be awesome if thousands of games were just sitting there ready to ship on announcement day, but it’s just not how it works.

#1166 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They take orders, make them, ship them. Very rare that any company has games ready to ship when order banks open. Would be awesome if thousands of games were just sitting there ready to ship on announcement day, but it’s just not how it works.

True. I was hearing these were done in Q4 2022 though and with GF they been shipping last week

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from R_Coles:

Wow! Any LEs left?

Wanted ads out already.

#1168 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But it is how it works with JJP and Stern to a large degree.

#1169 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

True. I was hearing these were done in Q4 2022 though and with GF they been shipping last week

Jersey jacks had about 50-100 ready. After these ship, the wait is LONG. not CGC long, but it’s long.

Game being ready to build is not the same as being built. Lots of factors go into that especially with a company that is already behind on making other games.

#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To expand on that...a smaller company has less room for a "miss". This game is way outside the norm for the present day, so they are probably only placing part orders now based on initial demand numbers at the launch date. Then you place part orders and have 6 months for all of that production to be completed in time for the beginning of assembly. This is smart business when you are not sure what demand will be. Shooting blind and make too few- customers are all mad at you. Make a ton and then they do not sell, the bank is mad at you and you might go out of business. Lose-lose.

#1171 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

But it is how it works with JJP and Stern to a large degree.

JJP had a very low number available for GNR and GF. Great call by them and it definitely helps.

Stern has only done that with stranger things I believe.

#1172 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

To expand on that...a smaller company has less room for a "miss". This game is way outside the norm for the present day, so they are probably only placing part orders now based on initial demand numbers at the launch date. Then you place part orders and have 6 months for all of that production to be completed in time for the beginning of assembly. This is smart business when you are not sure what demand will be. Shooting blind and make too few- customers are all mad at you. Make a ton and then they do not sell, the bank is mad at you and you might go out of business. Lose-lose.

I hear ya. But getting enough parts for 50 LEs and 50 SEs is a pretty safe bet on any game that they would sell while you wait for more parts. This is what JJP seems to have done their past couple games.

#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Now the biggest problem with the game is CGCs ability to manufacture it in a timely manner.

The big issue with CCr was topper parts.

The SE buyers had their games in reasonable time.

#1174 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

JJP has with their last three games.

#1175 1 year ago

Too many hype threads! Can we combine please pinside? I’m just going to check this one going forward.

Anyway - I’m in for an LE. My detailed thoughts below.

Well I said I needed some gameplay with sound etc to fully appreciate what is going on here. Listened to the video made by SDTM (which was very well done) and SOB - I’m in for an LE.
Love the passion, love David’s involvement, best topper I’ve seen concerning how they essentially use it in gameplay as it’s coordinated with the modes and seems to kick them off and that cool moment with the moving briefcase, lights and coordinated so well. Magnet action looks pretty good and most importantly it seems they have all the call outs. Josh describing how David’s effects and sound make the shots mean something really got my attention….. and I get it - David is BY FAR the best audio in the business and a welcome change to the JJP slot sounds.
Josh’s comments on how code has gone overboard with multipliers and other nonsense also resonated yet he still wanted it to be complex and the icing on the cake was that it took him a year or so to get to the wizard mode (and how he described that happening was very modern as far as what you need to do). They all came across as very genuine in that video but Josh really drove it home for me. Well done.
Theme integration seems top notch and I do believe companies sometimes rely too much on that LCD screen and miss things elsewhere - godfather perfect example of this, with those horrible call outs and lack of integration to the movie it’s based on. I still don’t know how I’ll feel with nothing - little concerning no lcd or dmd either, but it’s something I’ll just need to experience at home and report back.
To price it under 10k made me feel a little better but it’s still about 2k more than I think it should be. This is pinball now and it’s not as bad as 15k CEs so instead of being the old man yelling at a cloud you either jump in or not but NIB again. From what I’ve seen and the passion that is clearly there with an iconic theme that will stand out in a line up due to its uniqueness (at least in my dmd lcd only lineup) I’m (barely) ok paying that premium.
And I’m buying now bc I do think the LE actually might sell out. Theme is such a monster and this old school meets new school will likely resonate well. Could be wrong but I wasn’t chancing it and I need that topper!

#1176 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hear ya. But getting enough parts for 50 LEs and 50 SEs is a pretty safe bet on any game that they would sell while you wait for more parts. This is what JJP seems to have done their past couple games.

I would imagine since CGC is doing this assembly under contract, their current abysmal CCr remake situation probably did not allow a window to change a line over for a small run of Pulp Fiction games. I have a feeling streamlined manufacturing and changeover processes are not a CGC forte.

#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

The big issue with CCr was topper parts.

Also no approvals to ship game over the border or overseas due to lack of Certification.
One guy in Canada ordered an SE and it's still at the dealer , can't ship it...
More problems at CGC than topper parts .

#1178 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JJP has with their last three games.

JJP has had GF on the line for months. One of the location games by me has a January 2023 build date.

#1179 1 year ago

Stern can eat dirt. This looks amazing.

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I would imagine since CGC is doing this assembly under contract, their current abysmal CCr remake situation probably did not allow a window to change a line over for a small run of Pulp Fiction games. I have a feeling streamlined manufacturing and changeover processes are not a CGC forte.

Yeah. They are probably realizing quick they could benefit from figuring out how to run multiple games at once like stern does.

#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Thanks! I think it will be a lot of fun. You have any space for one?

Nope! I’m all out of room at the moment.

#1182 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. They are probably realizing quick they could benefit from figuring out how to run multiple games at once like stern does.

Meanwhile, AP claims to have multiple lines, doesn't really seem to use them, and has been open about their willingness to do contract builds for outside parties. AP also seems to have quality under control, so I would love to see them reach their full potential output someday soon. GTF will probably keep them plenty busy for some time though if the price does not sink the game.

#1183 1 year ago

I was blown away by the quality of the SDTM featurette. Well done guys! I can tell that a lot of passion was put into this game and it looks like the rules and gameplay will be challenging which is great for a home collection. I still want to play one before deciding, but I could see ordering an SE down the line.

#1184 1 year ago

Anyone know of any distributors that have LE slots left?

#1185 1 year ago

Cabinet Dimensions:

Does this game use a standard Bally/Williams-spec cabinet, or is it slightly shallower, front to back?

Also, how easy is it to remove the head for transport purposes?

#1186 1 year ago

Is the game online to any degree? I saw something on CGC website referencing this

#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Cabinet Dimensions:
Does this game use a standard Bally/Williams-spec cabinet, or is it slightly shallower, front to back?
Also, how easy is it to remove the head for transport purposes?

Assuming is the same 80s Bally cabinet, you don’t need to remove the head. Just lay it down and strap it to the game.

#1188 1 year ago

Watched the featurette and love the passion that went into this game. A license with FULL cooperation from Tarrantino, designed by Mark Ritchie with Theil on audio? Possibly the best theme integration in the world of real pinball yet.

I've been making modern/retro pinball games in the virtual world for a decade now and they have been my most popular creations. I loved the simplicity of the early 80s machines but hated the basic rules and audio, so I modernized games like Flash Gordon, Xenon, Gorgar with a modern makeover.

Glad to see the real world of pinball finally catch up... or should I say Ketchup!

Jump all over this game if you have the chance. Sell whatever you need to. It will be a great investment.

#1189 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I was blown away by the quality of the SDTM featurette. Well done guys! I can tell that a lot of passion was put into this game and it looks like the rules and gameplay will be challenging which is great for a home collection. I still want to play one before deciding, but I could see ordering an SE down the line.

Me too (blown away by team). No BS. QT was hands-on. Seems like the project was given plenty of bake time.

#1190 1 year ago

Im ok with no LCD. Let's be honest, some lcd animations are pretty bad.

#1191 1 year ago

I can't believe this thing sold out with FF and TGF announced the same month. Looks like LW3 to me. I am glad some of you guys are happy, I am happy that I don't have to find ANOTHER 10k and space in my house. I will drop a few quarters in one, but I really think modern pinball is better than 80s pinball (no matter the theme, or rules)

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Assuming is the same 80s Bally cabinet, you don’t need to remove the head. Just lay it down and strap it to the game.

Thanks. I ask because TNA has a shallower cabinet, top to bottom. I thought a single-level game like Pulp might be the same.

#1193 1 year ago

Q3 shipping for both versions?

#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

I can't believe this thing sold out with FF and TGF announced the same month. Looks like LW3 to me. I am glad some of you guys are happy, I am happy that I don't have to find ANOTHER 10k and space in my house. I will drop a few quarters in one, but I really think modern pinball is better than 80s pinball (no matter the theme, or rules)

It does look like lW3 except a completely different layout in every way.

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Q3 shipping for both versions?

Seems unlikely based on CGC history. They run a large batch of SEs for a while then move on to LEs. If they follow their typically schedule either SEs will start shipping soonish and LEs ship on October or if production starts on SEs in October, LEs will be in 2024.

#1196 1 year ago

Mark Ritchie looks like a boss

#1197 1 year ago

Missed out on an LE.. distributor over here sold out fast..
will CGC do a special + edition

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Just be patient. Plenty for sale soon. Probably at a discount. Its the same thing over and over on Pinside. Fun to watch really!

#1199 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I’m surprised they didn’t change how they handled toppers after what happened with CCR. Seems like they could have sold 1000 LEs without making it exclusive based on how the launch has gone. But maybe they weren’t expecting such a hugely positive reaction since this is such a different game.

#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Just be patient. Plenty for sale soon. Probably at a discount. Its the same thing over and over on Pinside. Fun to watch really!

I highly doubt this. Not at 9k. This isn’t a 15k LE. Market can support 9k for hot machine. Just look at CCRLE market value and supply. I am sure there is still some stock left, but not likely to be plenty. Market value of this could easily settle around 11 or 12k. It’s one of few pins releasing capable of that IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Bend, OR
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 210.00
There are 6,865 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 138.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.