IMG_2914 (resized).jpg
IMG_2913 (resized).jpg
IMG_2915 (resized).jpg
IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1594 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3519 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 141.
#901 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

production STARTS October 2023

thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with all these reveals in such a short time, i need to space this shit out!

#902 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with all these reveals in such a short time, i need to space this shit out!

It's CGC ... realistically Oct 2024

#903 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

LE is sold out from Pinball Star!

giphy (18).gifgiphy (18).gif
#904 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

True that... and if it takes that long people will be bailing... But we can hope CGC has a more "well oiled machine" going on production-wise (are they actually manufacturing this one or did they contract it out?)

#905 1 year ago

How many min passed before it was...

SOLD OUT!!!!

That would be a fun stat to know.

#906 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

is this using CGC's beagle board platform?

Neil,
This still does use the Beagle Bone System

#907 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

But we can hope CGC has a more "well oiled machine" going on production-wise

Yes.

LTG : )

#908 1 year ago

Who's the distributor in Australia? How do I order here?

#909 1 year ago

I'm in for an LE. To me LE is a no brainer when choosing between the two. Apparently the demand is huge, so I'm glad I've been on the list for a while and have known the distributor for years... The game is scheduled to ship in the "Fall".

#910 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I’d get into it the same way I get into any game made before DMD’s were a thing. You don’t need a DMD or LCD for immersion.

You don't need to tell me that there are people that would love this. From my perspective, as much as I love playing older games, i grew up on pinball without dmds, they all delve into repetition very quickly. As I said I will absolutely make a point to play this, just it's a bit baffling to me that they are doing this with this theme. I guess it makes sense if that diner scene is the whole movie.

#911 1 year ago

Flipnout said q3 but again it’s CGC so ??

#912 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

LE is sold out from Pinball Star!

Quoted from PinStalker:

How many min passed before it was... SOLD OUT!!!!

Do they do allotments for different distributors? Or does this mean the LEs are 100% sold out?

#913 1 year ago

Yes ? .
We can hope ?
Been lackluster far ....

#914 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

According to their website - www.mrpinball.com.au

LTG : )

#915 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm in for an LE. To me LE is a no brainer when choosing between the two. Apparently the demand is huge, so I'm glad I've been on the list for a while and have known the distributor for years... The game is scheduled to ship in the "Fall".

I don’t want to break the topper moving the game a few times a year to shows and tournaments. I don’t want to scratch the mirror blades when I need to get into the game on the fly out and about. I went SE.

#916 1 year ago

Can't wait to see the art blades that get made as mods

#917 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I'm starting to be convinced you're a bot since this is the only type of post ever coming from you. Thoughts and prayers that one day you'll get over CGC delivering your game too late.

#918 1 year ago

is this getting streamed tonight

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

is this getting streamed tonight

No. Josh said maybe something before TPF.

#920 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Thoughts and prayers that one day you'll get over CGC delivering your game too late.

If ever ... please reach out to them and expedite my game and put me at ease ..
Never again ... CGC sucks ...

#921 1 year ago

I haven't read all the posts. Have they listed the songs they were able to get and the voices they were able to use?

#922 1 year ago

This will get old like most solid states unfortunately to me. It’s a much prettier and fancier one, but I do not see this staying in many people’s collections for long unless they are PP super fans. Same for Bond 60th. Unless you have a big collection then yeah more longer staying power.

#923 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I haven't read all the posts. Have they listed the songs they were able to get and the voices they were able to use?

C30AE509-4B3D-4754-9790-CE368756366A (resized).jpegC30AE509-4B3D-4754-9790-CE368756366A (resized).jpeg
#924 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t want to break the topper moving the game a few times a year to shows and tournaments. I don’t want to scratch the mirror blades when I need to get into the game on the fly out and about. I went SE.

Quoted from UNCgump:

Can't wait to see the art blades that get made as mods

I HATE mirror blades, so I'll be looking to replace them with art blades asap and put the mirror blades in storage for when I eventually sell it. This game is unique enough that it might be years before it leaves here though.

#925 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lots of grey hair in that group.
David Thiel made Alien what it is with his work on sound, immersion.

I believe the term is silver fox

#926 1 year ago

Compared to other movie pins,is 250 lines of dialogue a lot?
How many lines are in my all time favorite Spiderman?

#927 1 year ago

Stern should get some kick back from CGC considering they’ve paved the way for the 10k game by quietly bumping up their premiums. Better yet, they even paved the way for the over priced single level approach with Bond 60th - pricing that at 20k. Hard to ignore - and ultimately we end up comparing that to this b/c it’s literally half the price and absolutely wrecks that game. Sharpe and the boys must have been drooling when Stern made that idiotic move.

Meanwhile, in reality, you’re looking at a single level, no toys, no LCD screen or even a DMD, simple throw back and the list goes on and on BUT priced at 10k with 1k LEs - hardly limited. Imagine if this was released just 6 months ago - what a diff reaction but this is now pinball. For better or for worse.

#928 1 year ago

I get the retro thing.... just wish the price was retro as well, and honestly I have become fairly spoiled by lcd screens. Game looks fun as hell, but I would probably bite on this if it had an lcd screen and better audio package..... I know lcd is good if it is used well (sorry Bond and your licensing drama)..... but I just think an lcd would have been the cherry on top.

#929 1 year ago

What's coin op online connectivity?

#930 1 year ago

This is what Bond 60th should have been. This is how you do modern retro.

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I believe the term is silver fox

My favorite local dive bar. It’s great! Used to have a pin or two.
00FD44EC-6B51-4011-90F6-587606821D81 (resized).png00FD44EC-6B51-4011-90F6-587606821D81 (resized).png

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Wayne at Mr Pinball. But he has no pricing etc yet.

#933 1 year ago

Low-res capture from promo.
Maybe you can decipher at least some of it. Maybe not.

Pulp.rules.card (resized).jpgPulp.rules.card (resized).jpg
#934 1 year ago

Modern/Retro pinball folks. Some of you young 'uns need to be reminded just how great pinball was back in the day. Fun, fast, exciting gameplay with no screen distractions and simple rules.

A very hot and very desirable machine for the movie memorabilia crowd I would say. Non pinheads get easily lost and confused when playing modern pinball games. This seems to be old-school and easy; a game you can just step up to and enjoy for short bursts and know exactly what you're doing.

And it's cool... If you're a single guy and took a girl home to your pad, you're more likely to get laid if she sees this than if you had a Godzilla (NERD) or TMNT (MEGA NERD).

Price is aimed at the collector's market, which seems to be where all the money is these days.

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I get the retro thing.... just wish the price was retro as well,

Agreed. CCr was $7999 for an SE and I feel like you get a lot more in CCr than with the single-level non XL Display PF. Given lack of XL Display and associated electronics it almost seems like this could have been priced akin to a Stern Pro but I have no idea of all of CGC's internal costs on this (licensing, etc.). But yeah, point taken.

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

And it's cool... If you're a single guy and took a girl home to your pad, you're more likely to get laid if she sees this than if you had a Godzilla

I would say that last pinball covention I visited, a majority of the crowd did not appear concerned with getting laid, lol.

#937 1 year ago

In-line drops, a Bally style top saucer, A/N displays, the ever-underrated M. Ritchie at the helm, this is just old school goodness I'm quite excited about.

I spent half the afternoon debating between LE and SE and apparently I debated too long as it doesn't seem like any LEs are out there anymore. Which is fine. That's a *very* cool topper but I generally don't care about toppers anyway. Prefer art blades to mirror blades. Shakers are like 80 bucks.

#938 1 year ago

ETA?

If CGC has struggled to ship CCr LE's, when would Pulp Fiction actually land on the line? Like, can they put Pulp on the line *before* they finish all the CCr LE's? That would be shabby. So, where are they with the task of completing the CCr LE run?

In short, if one orders a Pulp today, when would could one realistically expect the game to ship?

#939 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Low-res capture from promo.
Maybe you can decipher at least some of it. Maybe not.
[quoted image]

All the rules are here.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/brochures/Pulp_Fiction_Pinball_Rules_Manual.pdf

#940 1 year ago

Couldn’t they incorporated the digital displays on a big screen….. would’ve been great to see video clips from the movie

#941 1 year ago

Anyone interested in potentially trading their CCRLE spot for a PFLE spot please pm me.

#942 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

In-line drops, a Bally style top saucer, A/N displays, the ever-underrated M. Ritchie at the helm, this is just old school goodness I'm quite excited about.
I spent half the afternoon debating between LE and SE and apparently I debated too long as it doesn't seem like any LEs are out there anymore. Which is fine. That's a *very* cool topper but I generally don't care about toppers anyway. Prefer art blades to mirror blades. Shakers are like 80 bucks.

Get with flip n out.

#943 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I would say that last pinball covention I visited, a majority of the crowd did not appear concerned with getting laid, lol.

Ha! Tell it like it is, Ganda!

#944 1 year ago

Saw pics and a vid of it today. It looks badass

#945 1 year ago

Flipnout shows sold out on website now. Wow wasn't expecting sell out this fast. Glad I got in.
Can't compare this to CCR LE. That would launch around $11k or so if done now. Was under priced. I have one and like it but not for $12k flipper price.
Gotta sell some games... I just picked up a WCS94 and mint TOTAN this weekend. Sold my Monster Bash LE to fund that. Then I have Lebowski, Scooby, Foo, and PF LE on order. Passed on Godfather theme.

#946 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

And it's cool... If you're a single guy and took a girl home to your pad, you're more likely to get laid if she sees this than if you had a Godzilla (NERD) or TMNT (MEGA NERD).

This movie will be 30 years old next year so the women getting all hot and bothered are cougar and up territory. If you haven't paid attention lately being nerdy is the hip thing and you'll probably score a threesome having a TMNT

a0d94b9cca7953c2b603de4b52b19800 (resized).jpga0d94b9cca7953c2b603de4b52b19800 (resized).jpg
#947 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Lol, I think you might be overthinking "how to get laid" if this Is even a thought in your mind.

#948 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

So, where are they with the task of completing the CCr LE run?

Highest number seen is low 300's... so 950 to go? ... None shipped overseas or across border .
Was told I should see mine late 2023.

#949 1 year ago

#950 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

More likely to go to bed with a bag of Cheetos

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
There are 7,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 141.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.