20240409_134125 (resized).jpg
Drop Damage (not mine) (resized).jpg
PF Damage (not mine) (resized).jpg
IMG_1623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1626 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2914 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 142.
#2951 1 year ago

Potato cam got me like

097807AD-98CF-4351-975D-342063E6CC71.gif097807AD-98CF-4351-975D-342063E6CC71.gif
#2952 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

anyone that isnt in able to give us their opinion? dont see that much going on, besides the great callouts and music....I hope I'm wrong.

Answered for you….

Quoted from Kenswift:

My buddy isn’t a Pulp Fan. He’s never even seen the movie. I asked him to check it out and this is what he said. He’s not easy to please.704C5A2D-0605-4F39-9F82-D7F9B04CBD66 (resized).jpeg704C5A2D-0605-4F39-9F82-D7F9B04CBD66 (resized).jpeg

That bring enough to the table?

#2953 1 year ago

CGC seems to be getting the CCr LE’s out quicker now. I could see an October release if they keep cranking em out. Cmon CGC, kick some ass!!

#2954 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

CGC seems to be getting the CCr LE’s out quicker now. I could see an October release if they keep cranking em out. Cmon CGC, kick some ass!!

They will definitely be done this summer

#2955 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I would bet I get my LE by Turkey day

#2956 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Ok, that is my kind of pin. Thanks for the video.
You son of a bitch, I'm in! Ordering an SE tomorrow.

LMAO thinking of your post on showing your kids fiscal responsibility. Go for it!!!

#2957 1 year ago

Does CGC do the same thing as Stern in that all the LEs will be released before any SEs?

#2958 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

100s of games that fill that void, besides them integration does PF bring anything else to the table?

I know right? It doesn’t even have fucking ramps and the damn burger is wrong. WHERE IS THE BIG KAHUNA BURGER?!?

#2959 1 year ago

Dogs got personality.
Personality goes a long way.

#2960 1 year ago

Okay guys, I got it figured out. Taking orders for a Royale With Cheese replacement sculpt!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2961 1 year ago

Got my starter kit ordered.

27821A63-37E3-4908-BD28-45452C532604 (resized).png27821A63-37E3-4908-BD28-45452C532604 (resized).pngB75C9254-1124-45C5-9D7C-DA7975186121 (resized).pngB75C9254-1124-45C5-9D7C-DA7975186121 (resized).pngF3123C85-5553-428C-BBCB-BE9AA5B6BED9 (resized).pngF3123C85-5553-428C-BBCB-BE9AA5B6BED9 (resized).png
#2962 1 year ago

The big kahuna burger joint must be a 24/7 restaurant cause these guys had burgers at 7 am

#2963 1 year ago

Here comes the doll house boys.

i thought there was some agreement from a few that their was too many toys in this doll house already?

IDoLikeTheHamburglerPunkin

#2964 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Here comes the doll house boys.
i thought there was some agreement from a few that their was too many toys in this doll house already?
IDoLikeTheHamburglerPunkin

You hush your mouth. You guys can't even get your toilets to drain the right way!

#2965 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Does CGC do the same thing as Stern in that all the LEs will be released before any SEs?

No. Less than half of CCR LEs have been produced and SEs have been out for ages.

#2966 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

No. Less they have of CCR LEs have been produced and SEs have been out for ages.

So in theory someone who buys an SE today would have their game much sooner than the LE people?

#2967 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You hush your mouth. You guys can't even get your toilets to drain the right way!

Shit goes downhill.

Correct?

#2968 1 year ago

So in theory someone who buys an SE today would have their game much sooner than the LE people?

I would say most likely SE first.

#2969 1 year ago

If that's the important thing for you, yes.

#2970 1 year ago

I opted not to go to TPF with my buddy, and he was just chatting with Butch Peel and David Thiel, and they’re headed to play PF right now. He’s gone silent on me… is the event closed for the day? Is he having special private time PF playing with Butch and David right now?!!

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

is the event closed for the day?

Closes at 1AM tonight - https://texaspinball.com/tpf/show-info/

LTG : )

#2972 1 year ago

P

Quoted from punkin:

If that's the important thing for you, yes.

Mate, what time is it over there. Did you set the early am alarm?

#2973 1 year ago

I knew he wasn’t cool enough to have those guys in a voluntary post-hours conversation

#2974 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

My buddy isn’t a Pulp Fan. He’s never even seen the movie. I asked him to check it out and this is what he said. He’s not easy to please.
[quoted image]

Literally everyone was having this reaction. The smiles, laughter, people dancing for crying out loud. It's just very very tidily done. If crowds and lines are anything to go by, it was the pin of the day for sure.

What makes it so special for me, isn't the theme integration, the old school look or the sound (which are all top notch) but the fact that you feel like you are battling the game with every ball. It's never safe. Neil calls it a sense 'urgency' and he's completely right.

It's weird right because on one side of the room you have Foo - ball paths, flow, complexity. And on the other, a throwback single level with a modern twist, that is arguably stealing the limelight. Pinball has forked. You can bet the manufacturers will be paying attention to those lines today.

#2975 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

P

Mate, what time is it over there. Did you set the early am alarm?

4.34Pm? 15 mins after you asked.

I'm almost always up before this hour in the AM too though.

#2976 1 year ago

57871E1C-C068-4AC0-834F-DD6F394A6CC7 (resized).jpeg57871E1C-C068-4AC0-834F-DD6F394A6CC7 (resized).jpeg

#2977 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Literally everyone was having this reaction. The smiles, laughter, people dancing for crying out loud. It's just very very tidily done. If crowds and lines are anything to go by, it was the pin of the day for sure.
What makes it so special for me, isn't the theme integration, the old school look or the sound (which are all top notch) but the fact that you feel like you are battling the game with every ball. It's never safe. Neil calls it a sense 'urgency' and he's completely right.
It's weird right because on one side of the room you have Foo - ball paths, flow, complexity. And on the other, a throwback single level with a modern twist, that is arguably stealing the limelight. Pinball has forked. You can bet the manufacturers will be paying attention to those lines today.

Finally we have a single level “modern retro” style game that isn’t behind the ridiculous Stern Collector Edition paywall. It’s not a $15k Beatles or $20k B60th. Up to now the narrative that there is no market for modern single level games has been self fulfilling because it’s always been at a ridiculous price point. Now we have a perfect example of a competitively priced single level game with a good theme, good assets and a modern feel, and there’s a market for it.

#2978 1 year ago

I've bought a Fathom Mermaid and a Celts in the last year or so. Been after a TNA too.

And this thing is 19k au.

#2979 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've bought a Fathom Mermaid and a Celts in the last year or so. Been after a TNA too.

The SE is a$15.9 - comparable to a Stern Premium.

Yeh, there’s TNA, Celts and Fathom which are more niche unlicensed themes (TNA is one of my favorite games btw - owned it twice and a new one on the way).

#2980 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

But it is brand new and no one has stuck dolls all over it, swapped out posts because they cannot flip and just fucked it in general because they have no clue what they are doing. Advertised as "mint".

#2981 1 year ago

It’s a winner. My initial impression was that I’m pissed I didn’t secure an LE.

What a great shooter. I did two MB modes and hit about 1.95m.

Those spinner rips are classically satisfying.

#2982 1 year ago

Just left TPF night one at close (1AM), and the PF line was still 4+ people/couples/groups deep. This was probably the minimum line amount all day on the 4 machines here. All other new games, after some time, I got on with less of wait. The PF line was consistent.

Also ran into Scott Pikulski and got to say hi. I asked him about if he wanted stencils for the cab, and he said he absolutely did and designed it that way (I believe this is known already), but also added that he’d love to see someone DIY it.

#2983 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

That dam Venom that's been next for like a year now cost you this time. This is the best value LE in left in pinball! Glad you love it I'm pumped for mine!

#2984 1 year ago

This is a game I didn’t know I needed to play.

When you step up to it you get an instantly unique vibe. You can’t pin down the period and it messes with you…it’s a jumble of early 80s art, 60s music, insert shapes and exposed bulb layouts from the late 80s, an upper saucer skillshot from the 70s, RGB LED choreography and rules are both modern, and the theme is a movie from the 90s. Some of my dating might be off here, but you get the idea. It’s weird and awesome.

There are two things you pick up on when it comes to no LCD screen:

1) Most of the rules are seemingly present on the playfield, so you don’t really look away as often. This is obvious, but it’s unique playing a modern ruleset in this way.

2) This one is harder to appreciate unless you play it, but the characters feel like they’re speaking to you versus you just watching movie clips. When the character talks, and their playfield or backglass illustration is lit up and choreographed with the speech, you get BK2K or Taxi vibes. It’s really interesting and something I wouldn’t have considered if it had a screen. This is kind of a brave choice in 2023 and I’m glad they went for it.

I wouldn’t want every game to be like this, but it’s definitely food for thought and shows that there are other ways to create modern experiences.

Game of the show for me.

#2985 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

So this makes my second friend who loves it. Frisco, Mi Casa, Su Casa brother.LE will be here before the years up if I’m lucky. I’m super jealous you got to play it and I couldn’t make the show. Thanks for the post.

#2986 1 year ago

I think PF shapes out to be CGCs best selling game so far. Let´s just hope it doesn´t make them cut corners to get games out faster. I rather wait some more and have the CGC quality than getting my game a few months sooner.

#2987 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

I think PF shapes out to be CGCs best selling game so far. Let´s just hope it doesn´t make them cut corners to get games out faster. I rather wait some more and have the CGC quality than getting my game a few months sooner.

Why would they cut corners? CGC have never done this before, why would they start now. CGC have already said they will start a second line if needed.

No way PF outsells MMr.

#2988 1 year ago

Just saw another person from TPF who played everything except tha Tank game. Said Foo played exactly as expected and was fun. Scooby he literally didn’t even finish. Godfather he has a deposit on and said he wished he didn’t in retrospect. Said he wishes it was on a Pulp LE because it exceeded expectations. He’s going in on a standard after playing it. Really great feedback. I was worried a bit going into the show it wouldn’t be as well received as it is, but looks like Zach’s awesome video didn’t overpromise.

#2989 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

more footage of my buddy stumblor and I having a two player, we are both in for an LE and we are both super excited! Shot this with my gimbal which is playing up a little so there might be some last minute potato cam.

Hell yeah, thanks for posting this. Looks and sounds so good...

#2990 1 year ago

I am so glad I bit the bullet and ordered an LE
Game looks unreal and very jealous of those at TPF
Not sure the schedule when it comes to overseas orders vs North American orders but I need time to save the money up lol

#2991 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s not a $15k Beatles or $20k B60th.

My Beatles Gold NIB cost 7.5k. Bond 60th is an aberration, not a trend.

All the buzz surrounding PF has little to do with price and everything to do with it being a stellar game done by an A-list team. The only people pumping Bond 60th are the very small contingent that bought one. Is anyone even talking about Bond 60th at the show? There are plenty of unsold games, so there must be some Bond 60th's to play @ TPF.

#2992 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My Beatles Gold NIB cost 7.5k. Bond 60th is an aberration, not a trend.
All the buzz surrounding PF has little to do with price and everything to do with it being a stellar game done by an A-list team. The only people pumping Bond 60th are the very small contingent that bought one. Is anyone even talking about Bond 60th at the show? There are plenty of unsold games, so there must be some Bond 60th's to play @ TPF.

It is going to be fun having PF and 60th side by side :=)

#2993 1 year ago

Play Mechanix & CGC have done everything right from the marketing side of things. If the second line can get sorted out & starts cranking PF machines by mid-year, then surely we (Australian) LE buyers should get ours a week before Xmas 2023 (which is what happened when I bought AFMR LE).

#2994 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Got my starter kit ordered.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love it. I am going to place the syringe in the playfield. Double side tape . Where should we place it???? LOL . We have many months to create some mods. HAHA.

I might have to LED the syringe to go off same time as briefcase. I cant wait 6months +

#2995 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Just left TPF night one at close (1AM), and the PF line was still 4+ people/couples/groups deep. This was probably the minimum line amount all day on the 4 machines here. All other new games, after some time, I got on with less of wait. The PF line was consistent.
Also ran into Scott Pikulski and got to say hi. I asked him about if he wanted stencils for the cab, and he said he absolutely did and designed it that way (I believe this is known already), but also added that he’d love to see someone DIY it.

If Scott wants to hook me up with some art files so I can cut stencils that would make things much easier for me Weeding Jules hair doesn’t look like it will be much fun but this game desserves to be stencilled!

#2996 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

No way PF outsells MMr.

But maybe? MM is known only to the small niche of pinball nerds while PF is a huge mass market film. It may bring in a whole class of buyers who’ve never bought before.

#2997 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I love it. I am going to place the syringe in the playfield. Double side tape . Where should we place it???? LOL . We have many months to create some mods. HAHA.
I might have to LED the syringe to go off same time as briefcase. I cant wait 6months +

Syringe in the shooter lane… hoping to make the syringe plunger the actual ball plunger.

#2998 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The SE is a$15.9 - comparable to a Stern Premium.
Yeh, there’s TNA, Celts and Fathom which are more niche unlicensed themes (TNA is one of my favorite games btw - owned it twice and a new one on the way).

Most realize the strong appeal is it’s Pulp Fiction!!!!!!!

#2999 1 year ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Play Mechanix & CGC have done everything right from the marketing side of things. If the second line can get sorted out & starts cranking PF machines by mid-year, then surely we (Australian) LE buyers should get ours a week before Xmas 2023 (which is what happened when I bought AFMR LE).

I'd love this to be true but I just don't see any international games shipping until the new year. we shall see.

#3000 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Have you seen a PF banner around, like the one that may come with the LE?

its not at the show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
There are 7,064 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.