200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 142.
#601 1 year ago

Me coming in here looking for the reveal

john-travolta-where.gifjohn-travolta-where.gif
#602 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Planet Pinside, of course

Man, it must be my day to be wrong about everything. $7k for CCSE is a steal IMHO.

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This is the disconnect that I find most confusing, it's a dream theme for me but the direction is not. Why not go for the target demographic. It's a pin for an older crowd that where not down with this movie.

The movie came out when I was in high school. I was a big Tarantino fan, my friends and I would watch Reservoir Dogs practically every weekend.

I'm more excited about seeing a game with segment displays than I am about Godfather's 27" screen. David Thiel on sound means I have zero worries. I can't wait to see the playfield and real gameplay.

I'm just let down by the decision to take the wonderful adult vibe of the film and the original marketing and turn it into mildly cartoony comic book characters. It's a really poor fit for the theme, and it's turning me off. Not the lack of movie clips, not some pointless display I don't need to look at while playing, not the fact that there are no ramps.

Clearly all that matters the most is the gameplay. I can be won over. I'm just disappointed it's not beautiful like I had hoped. Maybe high rez photos will help, I dunno. All I want to say is "I changed my mind!"

#604 1 year ago

My theory (which Josh can validate, deny, or ignore):

Mark Ritchie has been working on this game for many years with the intention of making it into a modern pinball machine with all that you would expect. At some point in the licensing discussions, it became clear that the only viable path forward to bring the game to market was without the video assets. Maybe the price tag was too high. Maybe a key actor or two said no and that killed video as an option entirely.

Rather than scrapping the project, they changed it into a throwback type of game with audio and artwork assets only. Obviously I'm pretty bummed, but it went from an instant day 1 buy a "no for now." For me. I graduated HS in 1994 and this movie is probably my all time favorite, next to Episode V.

#605 1 year ago

Cabinet looks great! Looking forward to the Mark Ritchie design and how it sounds. Chimes would be terrific.

Perhaps "Misirlou" and "You Never Can Tell" playing in the background, even if it's digital sounding version (think CFTBL).

#606 1 year ago

Awesome. Games like this - just pure pinball fun - in a modern as-new finish with snappy mechs is just a dream. And I cherish those that pull the trigger and dive in. If it was only possible to make these at a real competitive price. I am affraid they are just too pricy for people to go there. TNA proved it self. The first time around at least. I hope this will.

#607 1 year ago

Chances of me buying pulp fiction pinball without full assets is approaching zero percent.

0026EEAA-C456-43FD-815A-C4F82C879CE2.gif0026EEAA-C456-43FD-815A-C4F82C879CE2.gif27B38DBF-2C46-4C4A-B7DC-ACD2CCB85EE0.jpeg27B38DBF-2C46-4C4A-B7DC-ACD2CCB85EE0.jpeg6CB80016-0FB2-46B1-A837-588517E10AB4.gif6CB80016-0FB2-46B1-A837-588517E10AB4.gif9962F658-F171-4E5A-B1C5-EEB61479BFDB.gif9962F658-F171-4E5A-B1C5-EEB61479BFDB.gif
#608 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The movie came out when I was in high school. I was a big Tarantino fan, my friends and I would watch Reservoir Dogs practically every weekend.
I'm more excited about seeing a game with segment displays than I am about Godfather's 27" screen. David Thiel on sound means I have zero worries. I can't wait to see the playfield and real gameplay.
I'm just let down by the decision to take the wonderful adult vibe of the film and the original marketing and turn it into mildly cartoony comic book characters. It's a really poor fit for the theme, and it's turning me off. Not the lack of movie clips, not some pointless display I don't need to look at while playing, not the fact that there are no ramps.
Clearly all that matters the most is the gameplay. I can be won over. I'm just disappointed it's not beautiful like I had hoped. Maybe high rez photos will help, I dunno. All I want to say is "I changed my mind!"

Yeah, Godfather is not for me, the look of that pin just does not work at all for me. As far as theme misses it is much worse that Pulp Fiction. The Godfather is a great movie but it's not from my generation so I don't have the attachment. Pulp Fiction is perfection for me, it is my 20s, I watched the Resevoir Dogs till the fucking tape wore out. Haha I watched Killing Zoe till the tape wore out.

#609 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My theory (which Josh can validate, deny, or ignore):
Mark Ritchie has been working on this game for many years with the intention of making it into a modern pinball machine with all that you would expect. At some point in the licensing discussions, it became clear that the only viable path forward to bring the game to market was without the video assets. Maybe the price tag was too high. Maybe a key actor or two said no and that killed video as an option entirely.
Rather than scrapping the project, they changed it into a throwback type of game with audio and artwork assets only. Obviously I'm pretty bummed, but it went from an instant day 1 buy a "no for now." For me. I graduated HS in 1994 and this movie is probably my all time favorite, next to Episode V.

We'll go with "ignore" on this one but I'm loving the conspiracy theories. Keep them coming!

#610 1 year ago

there's gotta be a "what" frenzy where every switch says "what" right?

And after so much time the balls drain, the game goes dark, it blasts "Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!" then it shots another ball into play for a hurry up jackpot value

#611 1 year ago

I've never even seen the movie, and I can't wait to see the game. Guess I have an excuse to watch the movie now.

#612 1 year ago

The amount of complaining in hype threads is nauseating. Every game costs too much and every game doesn't have enough assests! We get it. Stop complaining!

#613 1 year ago

Thanks for working your JJP hatred into this thread Aurich

#614 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

We'll go with "ignore" on this one but I'm loving the conspiracy theories. Keep them coming!

Are you doing the rule design?

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

My theory is that Josh Sharpe had never played a single level game of pinball in his life until Quentin Tarantino invited him over for dollar games of Flash Gordon. His mind was blown! Pinball, without an LCD or ramps? What a concept. After losing Josh vowed he would build a single level Pulp Fiction game just so he could get a rematch and win his dollar back.

#616 1 year ago

Are Josh's initials the default for the second high score?

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

there's gotta be a "what" frenzy where every switch says "what" right?

And after so much time the balls drain, the game goes dark, it blasts "Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!" then it shots another ball into play for a hurry up jackpot value

CrUFStqUsAAV2Bh (resized).jpgCrUFStqUsAAV2Bh (resized).jpg
#619 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I’m genuinely curious about the coin door, which is awesome and unique. That doesn’t look easy to fabricate these days; was there a stash squirreled away in a warehouse somewhere?

#620 1 year ago

Are they going to release video? Or is that it just the picture?

#621 1 year ago

Ugh. Just noticed the mirror blades. I suppose that is easy enough to remedy, but still another check in the "cons" column for my decision.

#622 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’m genuinely curious about the coin door, which is awesome and unique. That doesn’t look easy to fabricate these days; was there a stash squirreled away in a warehouse somewhere?

It looks just like the one Haggis put on Fathom, but black. So they're clearly out there for sale in volume.

#623 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ugh. Just noticed the mirror blades. I suppose that is easy enough to remedy, but still another check in the "cons" column for my decision.

My money is on LE only feature.

#624 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Doing our best to disappoint.

I really admire how Josh handles criticism. He must’ve been hardened by all those botching competitive players.

#625 1 year ago

maybe.

#626 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Are Josh's initials the default for the second high score?

This is fucking hilarious and coincidentally I believe is true

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Are they going to release video? Or is that it just the picture?

Sorry sir we don't do video round these parts.

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Sorry sir we don't do video round these parts.

You'll get ASCII art like the segment display can do and like it

⠌⠊⠆⠕⠅⠕⠌⡆⣃⠪⠢⠣⡱⡑⢕⢅⢣⠱⡡⡣⡣⡣⡣⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⣀⣠⣀⢀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⡀⡀⡀⡀⡀⡀⢄⠢⢀⠄⡁⢀⠠⠄⠄⡀⠅⠈⡈⢸⢸⢪⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⣴⣿⣿⡿⣿⡟⣿⣻⣆⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠪⡐⡌⢆⢎⢢⠶⠿⠻⡟⠻⠾⠰⡕⡝⡜⣔⢕⢕⠄⡣⡣⡣⠄⠄⠄⠄⢰⣿⣿⡿⠯⠘⠄⠁⠄⠄⠉⢢⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⡊⢔⠜⡌⠎⢈⣬⣥⣤⣴⣶⠄⠄⠈⢪⡳⣕⡕⡧⡁⣇⢇⢇⠄⠄⠄⢀⣿⡏⠈⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡃⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⡨⠢⡑⡕⠄⢐⣿⣿⡿⠿⠟⢧⠄⠄⠘⣞⡞⡮⡳⡁⣇⢇⠧⠄⠄⠄⠄⢇⡂⠄⠄⠄⡄⠄⠄⠄⢠⢀⠄⠐⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠠⡑⢌⢺⡀⠰⣤⣖⣯⢶⣽⣟⠆⡄⠄⣗⡯⣯⣣⠃⣇⢇⢏⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠐⣠⡖⡦⣽⡿⢆⠄⠚⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⢐⠨⡐⣝⣇⠄⣝⣯⢭⢽⣻⡺⠅⠄⠄⣿⢽⣳⣳⠁⢱⢱⡑⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠃⠈⠢⢕⠝⠐⠄⡑⠄⣄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⣔⣅⣆⣗⢿⡀⢐⢡⢭⢼⠸⠈⠄⠄⠄⣻⣟⣷⢷⢅⡇⡇⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠅⠡⠄⠄⠄⠂⣊⣼⣿⠄⢠⣀⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⣿⡯⠏⠃⠋⠃⠘⣷⣄⡀⢀⣤⠆⡄⠄⠛⣛⢙⢋⠃⢗⡝⡌⠄⣠⣤⣶⣶⡲⡶⡲⡆⢒⣶⠂⣾⣿⣿⡟⠄⠄⠙⠻⡿⡶⣦⣤⡀
⠛⠈⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢻⣿⡯⢩⣿⣿⣥⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠛⣿⣎⢇⢀⢼⠌⠪⠁⠄⢙⠽⠻⢸⠏⠐⣿⣿⣿⠇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠠⠁⠄⠠⠃
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣀⣤⣼⡿⠗⡚⢛⣯⢿⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⣯⣧⡶⠶⠇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⠄⠄⣿⣿⡿⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣝⠁⢐⣀⢁⠄⠆⠊⠚⠛⢢⣤⣶⣶⣿⣿⣿⢭⡛⠂⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡎⠄⢸⣿⣿⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⡧⢸⠄⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⣮⠃⠁⠈⠉⠉⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡇⠄⢸⣿⣿⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣸⣝⢈⡇⠄⠄⠬⠐⠄⠄⡼⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢰⠁⠄⢸⣿⡏⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣿⣿⡄⠁⢰⣶⣏⠄⠄⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠸⣟⠄⡁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⠄⠄⢸⣿⠃⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢰⣿⣿⠁⠄⠈⣷⣧⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣗⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⠭⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⣿⣿⠇⠄⠄⣿⡏⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡳⠄⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢸⡑⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⠕⡽⣿⠄⠄⠄⣿⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡀⠄⠄⣻⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⢠⢠⣬⣿⣻⡆⠄⠄⣿⡇⠄⠄⠄⠄⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⠄⠄⠄⢽⡂⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠙⠛⠛⠻⠃⠄⠄⠿⠃⠄⠄⠄⠈⠁⠄⠄⠄⠈⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠪⡂⠄⠄⣸⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢠⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠘⡀⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢰⠞⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠠⢤⣀
⣷⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡶⠄⠄⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
⠟⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⣿⣧⡜⣾⣿⣷⢶⡠⡀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⠄⠄⠄⢀⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠈⢀
⣺⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠉⠙⠄⠘⠉⠉⠉⠈⠈⠈⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⢀⠠⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠐⠄⠄⠄⠈
⢷⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠁⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⡀⠈⠄⠄⠄
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠂⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄

#629 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

People argue about whether or not the film is actually set in the 90s or not.

There should be no argument. The cell phone in the film was a nineties giveaway.

#630 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The fact it comes off as possibly being from an old stash of parts was exactly what we were going for! It is a newly designed door that CGC tooled up!

Excited for people to see it in person.

#631 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Are you doing the rule design?

044B1D1B-C1BD-4F42-8024-6B7354FD2979 (resized).jpeg044B1D1B-C1BD-4F42-8024-6B7354FD2979 (resized).jpeg

I'm getting the credit but it was truly a team effort to get things to "fun".

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I've never even seen the movie, and I can't wait to see the game. Guess I have an excuse to watch the movie now.

Sir, it is safe for you to emerge from that fall out shelter the world is still intact….

#633 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

The cell phone in the film was a nineties giveaway.

The phone could have been late 80's. Motorola had the pull out antenna and non-flip phone that size. I think the NSX wasn't in the USA until 1991

They could have done DMD.. first DMD was in 91. I still like the retro look for now

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Just wait until the pawn shop scene

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

For a home game, audio is so much more important than video. For arcade usage, it's just the opposite.

#636 1 year ago

The movie was filmed in 1993. Granted I was in kindergarten.... But were diners and arcades still not full of mostly alphanumeric games? Funhouse and Bride of Pinbot would still have been fairly new.

#637 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

[quoted image]

It took a team?

#638 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The movie was filmed in 1993. Granted I was in kindergarten.... But were dinners still not full of mostly alphanumeric games? Funhouse and Bride of Pinbot would still have been fairly new.

Yes the arcades and bowling alleys were still full of 80’s solid states in the early 90’s

#639 1 year ago

Let's see the game before chuckwurt is forced to donate his North America winnings to Project Pinball!

#640 1 year ago

Please tell me that the artist on this project was Markus Rothkranz, the "Picasso of Pinball" as his art is perfect for this time period.

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For a home game, audio is so much more important than video. For arcade usage, it's just the opposite.

Not in agreement with that Snaroff, for a home game, BOTH audio and video are equally important in today's pinball world. Try making this argument and taking away video on all future HUO and see what happens.

#642 1 year ago

Anyone else have the Pulp Fiction soundtrack playing in their head all weekend? I have Surf Rider on repeat

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

How can the "no video is fine" people not be severly disappointed this will not be a ball save animation??

adrenelineneedle (resized).pngadrenelineneedle (resized).png
#644 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It's just a classic bally style coin door. A couple sheets of steel with bends, a shell for the coin slots, a hinge, plus the chutes for the coins and brackets for the mechs, and a few other odds & ends.

#645 1 year ago

Now we need 2 hype threads?...https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgc-pulp-fiction-/page/7
Sorry if it's already been mentioned

#646 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:There should be no argument. The cell phone in the film was a nineties giveaway.

But gay hillbilly rape is so 70s

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

How can the "no video is fine" people not be severly disappointed this will not be a ball save animation??
[quoted image]

could also be a good kickback animation screen

#648 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

[quoted image]

Nice!

#649 1 year ago

Bond 60th was going for $18k. In the pinball world today anything is possible it seems.

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Please tell me that the artist on this project was Markus Rothkranz, the self proclaimed "Picasso of Pinball" as his art is perfect for this time period.

I never knew this dude did all of that artwork. It's great, and he certainly seems a character!

And in the video he states People Magazine called him that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.