20240417_175905 (resized).jpg
20240417_175911 (resized).jpg
unk part (resized).png
unknown part (resized).png
broken spring (resized).png
Screenshot_20240422_150015_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
IMG_9805 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 378.
#17851 64 days ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I did this mod to one of the PB Alien switches on my game with a leaf stack to give it a whirl.
I started with an unused Data East target stack I had lying around. Carefully disassembled and dremeled the targets off both.
Reriveted the clear Alien one on the data east leaf. I clipped off the microswitch from the target board.
To get the LED high enough, I carefully filed the holes to slide the LED board up. I trimmed a tiny bit off the inner leaf so it wouldn't hit the LED.
I also decided to use the stiffer back bracket because the stock flat blade gets bent back pretty quick, causing airballs and eventually the microswitch gets hit and breaks off the board. I might have to file a groove in the playfield to fit it.
I also elongated the backing bracket to raise it up so the top of the target hits the bracket to limit the travel.
Soldered the 2 wire connector on the switch.
I ended up dremeling a slot in the playfield so I could use the stiffer L-bracket. Especially on the target I took a picture of. It gets hammered and seems to work pretty good now. Its a lot more sensitive to light hits now.
PBL now has clear block standup targets, so next time I would order those to start and not have to worry about re-riveting the clear head.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice, great explanation, thank you!

#17852 64 days ago

Anyone else have their screens brick after the 4.1.1 update? Firmware updated to .72 and the screens break as soon as the game starts

IMG_20240223_121749 (resized).jpgIMG_20240223_121749 (resized).jpgIMG_20240223_165144 (resized).jpgIMG_20240223_165144 (resized).jpgIMG_20240223_165146 (resized).jpgIMG_20240223_165146 (resized).jpg
#17853 64 days ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

I did this mod to one of the PB Alien switches on my game with a leaf stack to give it a whirl.
I started with an unused Data East target stack I had lying around. Carefully disassembled and dremeled the targets off both.
Reriveted the clear Alien one on the data east leaf. I clipped off the microswitch from the target board.
To get the LED high enough, I carefully filed the holes to slide the LED board up. I trimmed a tiny bit off the inner leaf so it wouldn't hit the LED.
I also decided to use the stiffer back bracket because the stock flat blade gets bent back pretty quick, causing airballs and eventually the microswitch gets hit and breaks off the board. I might have to file a groove in the playfield to fit it.
I also elongated the backing bracket to raise it up so the top of the target hits the bracket to limit the travel.
Soldered the 2 wire connector on the switch.
I ended up dremeling a slot in the playfield so I could use the stiffer L-bracket. Especially on the target I took a picture of. It gets hammered and seems to work pretty good now. Its a lot more sensitive to light hits now.
PBL now has clear block standup targets, so next time I would order those to start and not have to worry about re-riveting the clear head.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wilddogs getting it done with the switch mod!! Good stuff

#17854 64 days ago

What do people think of the shaker motor use in this game? I’ve got motors in all my games bar WH2O and I don’t notice that it’s not there in Alien but enjoy its use in all my other game. The problem is that these are TWICE the price of a stern or other version @ $500 AUD give or take so it’s quiet an expensive mod

#17856 64 days ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

What do people think of the shaker motor use in this game? I’ve got motors in all my games bar WH2O and I don’t notice that it’s not there in Alien but enjoy its use in all my other game. The problem is that these are TWICE the price of a stern or other version @ $500 AUD give or take so it’s quiet an expensive mod

I recently got one along with the new cabinet box for my SV and yes it's expensive, but well made.
It works well but I think it could be better implemented into the game(s).

#17857 64 days ago

I agree, the stand up targets are really annoying. They take a beating and the design should have been with leaf switches. I could care less about the lighting. I’m lowering my flipper strength even more so I get less air balls and hard hits on these targets. PB should do another revision. Hint hint.

#17858 64 days ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

I recently got one along with the new cabinet box for my SV and yes it's expensive, but well made.
It works well but I think it could be better implemented into the game(s).

I agree with Optimiser on the shaker motor... I didn't miss it before I got it. But if I lost it now, I'd miss it.

#17859 64 days ago

Would love an update that duplicates the main display to the airlock display during Ambush multiball. Showing the tracker. Currently it shows nothing during that mode.

#17860 64 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Would love an update that duplicates the main display to the airlock display during Ambush multiball. Showing the tracker. Currently it shows nothing during that mode.

That sounds like a pretty darn good idea.

#17861 64 days ago

I'm having an issue where the left outlane "revive" comes on as soon as I start a game and turns off at the end of a ball and turns back on a the start of a new ball. I have tested the LED and the eddie switch and all work as they should.
I was told by PB to try and resolder the 6 legs on that LED (which are tiny) because my new shaker motor might have made it loose. I did my best to reflow the legs without damaging the LED and managed to get a bit of solder on each one, but the issue remains.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

#17862 63 days ago

This one has been giving me some bumps in the road. Nothing that I can’t handle, but any ideas? What adjustment can I make as my Xeno won’t drop the ball? The balls are carbon as well.
IMG_0787 (resized).jpegIMG_0787 (resized).jpeg

#17863 63 days ago

Fumble with the switch at the end of the rod to click later. Rod needs to go a bit further in.

#17864 63 days ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

This one has been giving me some bumps in the road. Nothing that I can’t handle, but any ideas? What adjustment can I make as my Xeno won’t drop the ball? The balls are carbon as well.
[quoted image]

I have the same problem with my dog. Positive reinforcement with treats is supposed to work but usually I just stop playing fetch with her when she won’t drop the ball.

#17865 63 days ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

[quoted image]

Make sure you have ball save on adjustment or coin door ON, then enter tests, xeno calibration, back to main, close door and pick up play where you left off.

#17866 63 days ago

Whatzup my fellow Alien lovers.

Just wanted to make a post to anyone waiting on the power loader translite with Pinball Brothers.

Received an email from PB asking about the power loader translite I didn’t receive when my Ellen Ripley edition was delivered. I was advised by PB they did not forget and will be shipping out all of the translites, including the topper and other mods, in the next (2) weeks and we should be receiving word from the distributors from which you placed your orders thru shortly after that time.

I always try to show some patience, but I received a “supposed” email from FedEx the next day after I received the email from PB stating they are holding an oversea package for me since they could not deliver at my residence because no one was home at 9:00 am to receive the package in order to pay a $1.99 delivery charge. They even sent a picture of the box, but the picture was too blurry for me to read who shipped the item to me. I got pretty excited and almost fell for it.

I found it odd for several reasons…
(1) My wife was home at that delivery time and she stayed no one came to our house at all.
(2) They wanted my name and address, along with a delivery time and of course my card number. Why would they want my name and address when that should have been listed on the box already?
(3) When I tried to contact FedEx, they wanted my shipping number. When I typed in the number, their system didn’t recognize it.
(4) I called my distributor (Zach at FlipNOut Pinball) and told him about the situation. He informed me PB will always ship the items to him instead, stating they would not necessarily know the names of the customers who purchased the pins directly from him. In the end I erased the email, so I just wanted to make someone else aware of this.

Super impressed with PB so far, being I traded my Heighway version to get the ER version. They always promptly answer my emails and are super nice in their response as well.

Can’t wait to get the topper and beacons to put the crowning accomplishment on top of the pin. I think it will really “put it over the top” (no pun intended) and I can’t wait to see how it interacts with the gameplay.

#17867 62 days ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

I'm having an issue where the left outlane "revive" comes on as soon as I start a game and turns off at the end of a ball and turns back on a the start of a new ball. I have tested the LED and the eddie switch and all work as they should.
I was told by PB to try and resolder the 6 legs on that LED (which are tiny) because my new shaker motor might have made it loose. I did my best to reflow the legs without damaging the LED and managed to get a bit of solder on each one, but the issue remains.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

I had intermittent and otherwise strange behavior on all of the leds that were on the bottom two playfield pcbs. This included all the modes, revive, and scream again indictors.

I think the noise on those lines pick up as they go from board to board via the ethernet cables. There are two I2C busses on each daisy chain. One of them goes to the last two playfield pcbs.
Since your issue is repeatable, it might not be a noise issue (although the source of the noise can be something that happens at those specific times) but I fixed my issue by replacing the ethernet cables with highly shielded Cat-8 cables and made sure they were routed clear of coils and other lines, especially the cable that comes from the playfield controller box to the first playfield pcb.

Haven't had any intermittent LED issues since.

#17868 62 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Just wanted to make a post to anyone waiting on the power loader translite with Pinball Brothers.
Received an email from PB asking about the power loader translite I didn’t receive when my Ellen Ripley edition was delivered. I was advised by PB they did not forget and will be shipping out all of the translites, including the topper and other mods, in the next (2) weeks and we should be receiving word from the distributors from which you placed your orders thru shortly after that time.
I always try to show some patience, but I received a “supposed” email from FedEx the next day after I received the email from PB stating they are holding an oversea package for me since they could not deliver at my residence because no one was home at 9:00 am to receive the package in order to pay a $1.99 delivery charge. They even sent a picture of the box, but the picture was too blurry for me to read who shipped the item to me. I got pretty excited and almost fell for it.
(1) My wife was home at that delivery time and she stayed no one came to our house at all.
(2) They wanted my name and address, along with a delivery time and of course my card number. Why would they want my name and address when that should have been listed on the box already?
(3) When I tried to contact FedEx, they wanted my shipping number. When I typed in the number, their system didn’t recognize it.
(4) I called my distributor (Zach at FlipNOut Pinball) and told him about the situation. He informed me PB will always ship the items to him instead, stating they would not necessarily know the names of the customers who purchased the pins directly from him. In the end I erased the email, so I just wanted to make someone else aware of this.
Super impressed with PB so far, being I traded my Heighway version to get the ER version. They always promptly answer my emails and are super nice in their response as well.
Can’t wait to get the topper and beacons to put the crowning accomplishment on top of the pin. I think it will really “put it over the top” (no pun intended) and I can’t wait to see how it interacts with the gameplay.

I’ve had great service from PB on my small RV issues. I too am waiting on that extra translite, I believe if you have other items ordered (in my case mini beacons and topper), they are holding everything to send together. The only problem with that is my game was purchased from FlipNOut and my accessories directly from PB.

#17869 62 days ago

Where is the new adjustment to reverse the stage flippers?

#17870 62 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Yes please!

#17871 62 days ago

So, regarding the 4.1.1 changelog:

ALIEN 4.1.1
Changes since version 4.1:
- Free Play is now the default.
- Fixed the default coin auditing to match the coin door configuration shipped from the factory.
- Added many new topper & flasher effects.
- Allow staged flipper stacks to be reversed for each flipper.
- Renamed OPEN DOOR SAVE adjustment to BALL SAVE AFTER TEST, to make it more clear how this works (we can’t detect when the door is open).
- Fixed case where all the balls were out of play, but the game would not end the ball. This could happen in rare conditions when a ball was locked in the hypersleep chamber.
- Changed so that the drop bank is not reset at the end of multiball if all of the targets are known to be up already.
- Increase the time that the posts are kept up on the orbits by half a second.
- Fixed the airlock display timer pausing or abruptly jumping sometimes.

------

My experience with the above so far, after a full rebuild and fresh install of 4.0 > 4.1 > 4.1.1, followed by a factory reset:

Starting game code at launch shows 4.1.1.

Game rev still shows as 4.10, Video rev is 4.1.1.

OPEN DOOR SAVE option is still shown.

If "Allow staged flipper stacks to be reversed for each flipper" refers to a new adjustment to reverse those, I don't see it.

Free play is not default.

#17872 62 days ago
Quoted from driph:

So, regarding the 4.1.1 changelog:
ALIEN 4.1.1
Changes since version 4.1:
- Free Play is now the default.
- Fixed the default coin auditing to match the coin door configuration shipped from the factory.
- Added many new topper & flasher effects.
- Allow staged flipper stacks to be reversed for each flipper.
- Renamed OPEN DOOR SAVE adjustment to BALL SAVE AFTER TEST, to make it more clear how this works (we can’t detect when the door is open).
- Fixed case where all the balls were out of play, but the game would not end the ball. This could happen in rare conditions when a ball was locked in the hypersleep chamber.
- Changed so that the drop bank is not reset at the end of multiball if all of the targets are known to be up already.
- Increase the time that the posts are kept up on the orbits by half a second.
- Fixed the airlock display timer pausing or abruptly jumping sometimes.
------
My experience with the above so far, after a full rebuild and fresh install of 4.0 > 4.1 > 4.1.1, followed by a factory reset:
Game rev still shows as 4.10, Video rev is 4.1.1.
OPEN DOOR SAVE option is still shown.
If "Allow staged flipper stacks to be reversed for each flipper" refers to a new adjustment to reverse those, I don't see it.
Free play is not default.

I submitted a ticket to PB on Friday about this very topic. I don't see any of the changes in the 4.1.1 update.

It is also supposed to prevent the drop target from resetting if it is already known to be reset. That doesn't seem to be happening either.

VIDEO Rev does say 4.1.1, but not game rev.

#17873 62 days ago

When playing Alien, the 2 return ramps cover the in/out lane area. Find it difficult to nudge when I can’t see what’s going on. Going to try and strip some of the art work off the plastic to make it so the ball can be seen through the ramps.

I hope I can peel off / remove the section outlined red.

Worst case, I order some new plastics.

D1248BF4-9538-47F8-93EB-42495903B4EB (resized).jpegD1248BF4-9538-47F8-93EB-42495903B4EB (resized).jpeg
#17874 61 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

When playing Alien, the 2 return ramps cover the in/out lane area. Find it difficult to nudge when I can’t see what’s going on. Going to try and strip some of the art work off the plastic to make it so the ball can be seen through the ramps.
Worst case, I order some new plastics. [quoted image]

#17875 61 days ago
Quoted from argon:

I had intermittent and otherwise strange behavior on all of the leds that were on the bottom two playfield pcbs. This included all the modes, revive, and scream again indictors.
I think the noise on those lines pick up as they go from board to board via the ethernet cables. There are two I2C busses on each daisy chain. One of them goes to the last two playfield pcbs.
Since your issue is repeatable, it might not be a noise issue (although the source of the noise can be something that happens at those specific times) but I fixed my issue by replacing the ethernet cables with highly shielded Cat-8 cables and made sure they were routed clear of coils and other lines, especially the cable that comes from the playfield controller box to the first playfield pcb.

Quoted from argon:

Thanks very much for your advice on this.
I replaced all the 12C cables with top quality, triple shielded cables but still the same issue.
I have ordered a replacement board and really hope this fixes it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17876 61 days ago
Quoted from ryalter:

Anyone else have their screens brick after the 4.1.1 update? Firmware updated to .72 and the screens break as soon as the game starts
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Has anyone else seen this? Should I hold off on the updates?

#17877 61 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Has anyone else seen this? Should I hold off on the updates?

I did mine yesterday. Update first, then the firmware update. No issues for me.

ali (resized).jpgali (resized).jpg
#17878 61 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Worst case, I order some new plastics. [quoted image]

I remember looking at that same area and wondering why they didnt make it see through like other parts of that plastic.. I thougth there might have been a reason to not do it but I forget at this point.

Honestly, prior to getting my machine, I thought that would bother me but it hasnt really at all.

#17879 61 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Nice update, now if we could all just get our toppers so we can enjoy the new topper effects.

Does the topper move?

#17880 61 days ago

I seem to recall reading something about "interactive queen sculpt" in the promos but I don't remember seeing anything on video. They told me the toppers should be shipping out last week but nobody here has posted anything about receipt or notification.

#17881 61 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I seem to recall reading something about "interactive queen sculpt" in the promos but I don't remember seeing anything on video. They told me the toppers should be shipping out last week but nobody here has posted anything about receipt or notification.

Could just be blinking led eyes.

#17882 61 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If I'm recalling correctly, I believe the tail is supposed to move. Or at least it should for the price.

#17883 61 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I opened my Ripley edition over the weekend. It arrived on 2/9 but I was out of town until last week. The alternate translight was inside the box with the game. I had forgotten all about it. Nice little surprise.

#17884 61 days ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Does the topper move?

Other than move the money from my wallet, apparently, the Alien Queen tail is supposed to move. We are really flying blind, PB has not released any video of it in action. We only saw a preview version at Pinball Expo in October.

#17885 61 days ago

the only moving part on the new topper is the tail, which is still better than what many other toppers (can't) do.

#17886 61 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I did mine yesterday. Update first, then the firmware update. No issues for me.[quoted image]

It says Starting Game Code 4.1.1, but look at the Game Rev after it starts. There's that and the fact that the features mentioned in the change log aren't there. PB responded to me saying they're looking into it.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

#17887 61 days ago

Think ill hold off on the newest update.. Things seem buggy..

#17888 61 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Think ill hold off on the newest update.. Things seem buggy..

I’m with you. Joined the club last Thursday with arrival of my NIB Ripley Version; the alternate translite was in the box and I already installed it. I’ve been experimenting with different settings and flipper angles that I’ll share in the coming days. This is my first quad flipper and wide body and couldn’t be more excited to get to know this pin.

#17889 61 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

I’m with you. Joined the club last Thursday with arrival of my NIB Ripley Version; the alternate translite was in the box and I already installed it. I’ve been experimenting with different settings and flipper angles that I’ll share in the coming days. This is my first quad flipper and wide body and couldn’t be more excited to get to know this pin.

I typically like to wait a bit for any bugs to get worked out. PB has been good with the past updates and havent hesitated.. Until now..

Congrats on the pin! Its great!

#17890 61 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

It says Starting Game Code 4.1.1, but look at the Game Rev after it starts. There's that and the fact that the features mentioned in the change log aren't there. PB responded to me saying they're looking into it.
[quoted image]

It’s normal (and I noted this in this thread when the code was released), watch your screen as your game boots and you will see it says 4.1.1. I’ve had no issues with the code otherwise.

#17891 61 days ago

Thoughts on the Mini Beacons/ Flasher Kit that PB is offering? I've seen the short promo video of it. Anyone install it and have experience with it? Worth it? Good? Bad?
I just received an ERV and am going to get the shaker kit and beacons... I'm just not sold on the Mini/Flashers so curious as to others experience.

#17892 61 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s normal (and I noted this in this thread when the code was released), watch your screen as your game boots and you will see it says 4.1.1. I’ve had no issues with the code otherwise.

I do see the 4.1.1 when it boots, but I don't see at least two of the features mentioned in the change log. One being the wording change in the operator's menu and the other is the drop target reset behavior change. Those are the two reasons why I figured I was missing something in the update.

#17893 61 days ago

It'd be so much better if it was the cylinder style instead of the domes IMO.

Just did the 4.1.1 and firmware updates and both my screens still work woohoo!

#17894 61 days ago
Quoted from rainman154:

Thoughts on the Mini Beacons/ Flasher Kit that PB is offering? I've seen the short promo video of it. Anyone install it and have experience with it? Worth it? Good? Bad?
I just received an ERV and am going to get the shaker kit and beacons... I'm just not sold on the Mini/Flashers so curious as to others experience.

Do they look cool-yes. Do we need them-no. I ordered them though for my LV. Still waiting on them. If you ever need any parts (and you probably will) I am amassing a small stash so far of weapons targets, etc. You are close by!

#17895 61 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

I do see the 4.1.1 when it boots, but I don't see at least two of the features mentioned in the change log. One being the wording change in the operator's menu and the other is the drop target reset behavior change. Those are the two reasons why I figured I was missing something in the update.

Do you have text at the start of bug hunt? I do, so I know I have the update.

#17896 61 days ago
Quoted from rainman154:

Hasn't shipped yet, but I ordered one for my EV. After I added the beacons topper, I wanted more! Definitely overpriced for what it is, but when I think of Alien I think of those lights in the end scenes of the movie.

#17897 61 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Hasn't shipped yet, but I ordered one for my EV. After I added the beacons topper, I wanted more! Definitely overpriced for what it is, but when I think of Alien I think of those lights in the end scenes of the movie.

That was my thinking as well. Thought it might also very slightly light up the playfield a bit more too. Didn't know they had not shipped yet. Good to know!

#17898 61 days ago

You PB Alien owners are crazy.

(BTW, count me in)

#17899 60 days ago

Anyone get the animated start button for their Alien yet, is it worth $240 US?

#17900 60 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Anyone get the animated start button for their Alien yet, is it worth $240 US?

Just received mine yesterday, along with one for TBL. I'm hoping to install both at some point today; I'll post pictures and let you know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,876 posts in this topic. You are on page 358 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/358?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.