IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6702 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

The LV machines at TPF did very nicely in my opinion... so I agree that it is likely an isolated issue. My first-gen SV had some really weird problems that are now resolved... and looking back on it with the knowledge I have now, they were relatively simple fixes.

I was thinking the opposite when I walked by at one point and at least 3 out of the 4 machines at the Cointaker booth had their playfields up with people working on them.

And why do I care, you might ask? I'm anxious to get a Queen machine if it doesn't suck. But if it's something that's going to frustrate the hell out of me like Deez 's situation, I'll have to pass. And that will bum me out to no end.

How do everyones' machines seem to hold up otherwise?

1 year later
#14824 7 months ago

After loving Queen as much as I do, I'm seriously contemplating getting an Alien LV...you guys are all still loving yours?

#14846 7 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I have 25 odd machines here at any time.
Alien is not in the top 10 even of them.
It's a good game, but it ain't TWD, Tron or Attack From Mars.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!

I sold my Tron because it got really boring. Beautiful game--especially blinged out--but too much of the same thing over and over. My restored AFM is going after I sell TNA because I have STh and I like it better. AFM is awesome, of course, but it's a little dated now and I need space.

So your opinion actually had the opposite effect on me!

#14855 7 months ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

This getting me thinking.. how is Queen?? 'cause I sure love Alien..

I don't play Rush anymore. You tell me.

#14856 7 months ago

And btw...I don't know the financials of PB, of course, but these first two titles are really a great start. The support is second to none and I hope they grow into one of the biggest companies out there.

#14876 6 months ago

So I guess getting one of those Alien apron mods now is completely out of the question, eh?

That's what happens when you're late to the dance.

1 week later
#14948 6 months ago

Got my LV today, and this may be a stupid question, but did you all get apron cards in your box, or were they somewhere else in the game? I can't find them anywhere.

(And I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go...like why does the ball get trapped in a notch on the side of the shooter lane?)

#14955 6 months ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Look beneath the fold inside the box of the end you didn't open. If not there, you might not have got them, I didn't. I put in a help ticket and got them mailed to me in just a few days, no problem.

Nope.

Quoted from PeterG:

For anything do reach out to PB service those guys are great.

I agree. Their support on Queen is one of the reasons I decided to pull the trigger on Alien.

#14958 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Congrats!
Mine were in a separate box along with all the other goodies...

Yeah...they weren't in there. Shawn sent me out another set. Meanwhile, my apron stickers are spontaneously peeling off.

Getting the apron mod soon so that won't be an issue anymore.

Can anybody recommend the best hypersleep chamber mod? That flat plastic up there is kinda depressing.

#14961 6 months ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Mageek [quoted image]

Beautiful! I PM'ed him...hopefully he can still sell me one. Thanks, buddy!

#14962 6 months ago

This game is really wonderful...and that's not a honeymoon thing. I'm really glad I got it and have a ton of mods coming. Mine works well, but they completely borked the upper right flipper. Overtightened--the bolt is bent--and the spring is screwed up as well. You can't tighten it down so it never returns to its resting position. Can't finish some modes without the hypersleep ramp. I put in a ticket.

20231007_125805_resized (resized).jpg20231007_125805_resized (resized).jpg
#14973 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thats pretty wild. Was that flipper never in resting position then? Seems like they should have spotted that one if so.

It was in resting position when I got it. First game, it wound up not returning to the resting position. I just figured it wasn't tightened all the way down...until I saw that it was overtightened and likely stripped because I couldn't tighten it anymore and it kept moving. PB is sending me a replacement flipper link and springs. I'd just really like to hit that hypersleep ramp once...

#14978 6 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Precision flippers with the d shafts is the permanent answer.
Those clamps are made out of pot metal and will bend back up as soon as you tighten them enough to stop them slipping. Then they'll never tighten back up again if reused.
They ALL come from the factory bent up with the bolts bent.

Got a link?

#15054 6 months ago

Yep...I'm a little pissed off at this, having bought my NIB LV last week. No inkling this was happening. I still love the cabinet artwork on the LV, so the artwork (on this and Queen) are the only things that are concerning me. I hate when you support a company only to learn that they made it better for those who didn't initially support them. That's bullshit. I'm hoping they make the topper available to all owners as well. Those Lior mods are REALLY high-priced, so getting those a la carte may be a real kick in the wallet.

#15056 6 months ago

This is my favorite line:

So this model comes at a special price, mainly to celebrate our collab with Disney!

The only thing I can read into with that is buyers are going to take it up the @$$ with the pricing. You KNOW that doesn't mean it's going to be cheaper if it's a collaboration with Disney... Let's all "celebrate" the special price.

#15060 6 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mom! He got more than me!
And he's got something i haven't!
[quoted image]

Well...that's not really it. It's buying something without knowing all the facts, and having that knowledge hidden from you to make a sale. That's kind of bush league. I may not even like the new model, but it would have been nice to at least have the opportunity to choose.

#15065 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The limited was never really limited? So the numbers given to those machines dont have an end?

No...they just never sold out of it.

#15067 6 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

SV was the beta version --- LV was the intended production version... and the new EV version is the true limited version but its not limited by production count.
Lol... omg

So...UNlimited?

#15073 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Dont know why folks are whining, it's going to be alot more money

Whose to say it will be better? This is replacing the SV so it's possibly not gonna have teh same bells and whistles the LV did if it's going for a more standard production run version.

I'm assuming it'll be another LV since that's reaching the end of its run. And I'm only whining because I just bought mine a week ago. I would've held out to see which one I liked better if I had the chance.

Unrelated note: Chances are the topper won't fit with the bigger beacons that come with the apron mod. Ugh.

#15084 6 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I might be alone on this, but im cool with my machine having no Ripley art on the machine...

I'm with you. I bought the LV in part because of the cabinet art and color scheme.

#15096 6 months ago

Yeah...I'm feeling a lot better about the whole thing now. Maybe they'll make it yellow armor to match the loader and art...in which case I'm happy I got the LV. Don't need to see Ripleys face everywhere either.

#15097 6 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I am with you here!
But loader battle art sounds fun. I am not a fan of the LV art tbh.

Ha! I love it. Different strokes...

#15100 6 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Great news. I’m really enjoying Alien and new clips will be the cherry on top.
I’m fine with no characters on the game as it sits. Yeah, the playfield is ugly, but it does the job. Who’s to say the new playfield and art package will blow everyone away?
I’m also jazzed the new sculpts will be available to purchase. Good time to be an Alien owner!

I don't think they said the playfield changed...or did I miss something?

#15102 6 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ah, my bad. Sounds like translite and cab only.
I do have this Ripley piece in my game room. I really like it, but I’m not sure I’d want it on the game. [quoted image]

Agree. I don't need pictures of her or the big loader outfit everywhere. It's enough for me that she's in the movie clips now. And they're making available the stuff you don't have to put into previous versions. Cause for celebration.

#15115 6 months ago

I'm already on the list, but I'm gonna buy the damn thing and Ebay it if nobody gets production started by signing up.

#15126 6 months ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

So you put this one in the machine, and make it the best looking game in your lineup. Viola.
[quoted image]

...and if you can give us any tips as to which LED kit you bought or how you ran them inside the backbox, it would be much appreciated since I'm getting mine next week. And did you use auxiliary power for it?

#15137 6 months ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yes, I used a separate power supply. I’m going to go back and dig up the post way back in this thread that I followed. It has Amazon links to everything that makes it an easy task, except the LED strip was not available any more. I used these:
SUPERNIGHT - 5050 RGB LED Strip... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E0EVHYA
It’s easy to trace the wire and find the connector in the bottom of the backbox for the existing led. Unplug that one and stick a new led strip on the back (I just wound mine back and forth all the way down the box). Make that one blue. Then run another strip on the inside of the box around the sides and bottom, between the Queen pic and the new putter translite that comes with the set. Set that one to white, because it will make the greens at the bottom of the translite really pop.
Depth of Queen Alien inset layer - I started fatter back and you could see the reflection of the led strip from the sides, just a bit (see my pic above). I have since moved it up just slightly, and found the sweet spot where it looks killer and eliminates reflection of the strip. When you have the translite out you will see the wood block where the speakers are mounted. It runs all the way across the bottom of the backbox. Set you angle plastic or whatever you are using to mount the inset layer to, right at the front edge of that block. Like have the bottom edge flush with the front edge of that box. That’s the spot where you want to be sitting. I used a simple little plastic corner protector angle thing I found for like $6 at Lowes, and Velcro.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Miller-LLC-48-in-Plastic-Corner-Guards/1184033

Quoted from gambit3113:

This is the way. Follow this. Super simple and the shopping list is all there (save the LED strips that were apparently discontinued). See my post above for what I did there.

You, sir, are a God amongst men. Thank you!

(And I owe you a frosty beverage at TPF, too!)

#15161 6 months ago

I know some of you have had this problem so I figured I'd ask here before I bother Shawn:

My hypersleep lock isn't functioning correctly. All the optos work in test, and the coil works as well. In game, the game registers the first two balls, then begins hypersleep multiball...and it never releases the balls. Furthermore, it never releases the balls at the end of the game, either.

I know some have had opto alignment issues or binding issues on the coil, but this doesn't seem to be that. Does anyone have any ideas why this would be happening? Thanks in advance!

#15163 6 months ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Did you run chamber lock test under ball devices in the tests menu?

Nope. But the optos were all registering and they registered during the game...just never released the balls. I'll try that and report back. Thanks!

#15165 6 months ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

All the wires under the playfield for the coil look in order?

Yes. Ran the chamber lock test. Have 3 balls up top and it reads 3/3. Keeps throwing another ball in the trough and even though I don't take it out, if I hit enter it'll keep counting thinking there are 6 balls in play. I keep getting that annoying 2-tone sound during the test but not sure what the enter/exit prompt means or what it's supposed to do if functioning properly. Balls are still locked up there and won't come out. I'll double check wires but they all looked fine and optos were lit.

#15171 6 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

there is also binding on the mech/elevator itself.. check the hang guidance here: https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/80000602805

Thanks. It actually was binding when I was trying to unscrew the plastics to get access to the optos. But I corrected that, and it works fine when I test the coil. Just so strange that everything works until you trigger multiball. I'm going to check the lock 1 opto again to see if it's flaky.

#15178 6 months ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Now why would this work during coil test and not during the game? The only thing I could think of (and literally just thought of it now) was maybe the weight of the ball(s)? Maybe this causes just enough additional pressure on the binding surfaces. Next time this happens (hopefully not!) I'll actually do the coil test with a ball in the chamber. I had been doing it without a ball.

Thank you SO much! Shawn (the best tech support guy in the business, IMO) got back to me last night and told me to increase the coil strength and add some grease to the moving parts. It didn't occur to me until he said that that the weight of the balls would affect how the mech moves or doesn't. I did know that playing with the screws on top changes how much binding the mech has, so I'll play with that some more as well. I'm going to give this a shot tonight, but I do appreciate everybody's feedback!

#15278 6 months ago

An update as promised: increasing the coil strength 30% solved my hypersleep lock problem.

Now my right Eddy switch in the revive outlane isn't registering. So...another ticket.

So yes...there have been a few annoying things on this game, but the service is so wonderful it's not a major hassle. Stern still has way more problems than this game has given me.

#15300 6 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Am i understanding that the head,airlock and apron from the art of pinball come standard n this new version?

Yes.

#15368 6 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

True but when has Stern or any other manuacturer lowered their price for a vault or new version of the game under what previous customers paid new? This is different.

Distributors have been lowering their prices due to having too much stock. Prices are actually maxing out now (finally!), and I JUST bought my LV for below MSRP. Should people who paid full price feel burned by that? Probably...but it's a simple law of economics. I'd rather see a company do well at the expense of a few butthurt customers--and continue having competition and more options in pinball.

I completely understand your frustration...I felt the same with the recent JP, STh, and even the new Alien announcement (I would have liked to have known before making my decision). But sometimes you win and sometimes you lose...and in the end this is a hobby where it's expected to cost you something for your enjoyment. And after all--you enjoyed your game for the months/years that you had it, and that certainly should be worth something!

#15376 6 months ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

As an LV owner, I don't feel burned. Happy you got one at a good price.
Some of my machines have gone up in value, some the other way. I have bought 3 nib, they all have gone down. That is ok, it is like driving a new car off the lot. I bought a used Munsters premium at its low, could make good money if I sold now. Less if Stern reissues. Wife says it stays, so it stays. Won't be mad if Stern reissues, more people will find out it is a good pin. If they did a software update for all too - well life in a first world country is pretty good isn't

Exactly my point. Win some, lose some. Glad you have a positive attitude. If it makes anyone feel better, I just dumped 2k into mods on the damn thing, so...you know...so much for any discount I received.

#15565 6 months ago

Love the topper...but I'm glad you don't look at it from the top when you're playing. It looks like an elephant, not an alien.

#15587 6 months ago

I'd love the beacons, but I have the Mezel truss mod, so that's out.

#15640 6 months ago
Quoted from billsgto:

So I bought an Alien machine during one of their first few runs. I sold it after a year because I consistently had issues with my particular game and I was tired of messing with it...I just wanted to play. The support was excellent, they helped me figure out almost everything. I miss playing it and I only sold it out of a year's worth of frustration, but I saw the Ripley version and I'm thinking about getting one again.
Can anyone who has bought a recent Alien machine in the past few months comment on their experience with any issues? I want to support the company but I also want a reliable machine for $8k. I'm hoping that a few people can confirm that PB worked out most of the issues at this point in time. Thanks

I got an LV on October 5th. It didn't have the apron cards...big deal. Shawn shipped them to me in 2 days. The upper right flipper was stripped and the spring damaged. Shawn shipped me a new flipper and springs in 2 days. Currently, I have one induction switch out on the bottom left side and they've already shipped me a new board.

Buy with confidence...this is a great company. I bought a Queen, loved it and loved the support, and because of it bought the Alien.

#15660 6 months ago
Quoted from Otto110:

Happy to be joining the club!
Are all the topper spots sold out?
If anyone can PM a link to a distributor that still has a spot I'll gladly comp you a steak dinner when you come to Vegas. Lol

Just get it direct from PB. I take my steak medium rare, like anybody with good taste should.

https://pbusasales.com/add-ons/alien/

#15662 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Dam it beelzeboob ! You beat me to it… and I live in Vegas .
My link is the direct one! So I win the steak?
https://pbusasales.com/add-ons/alien/topper-template

No. You don't. I beat you AND I tried to inform him about other goodies he could buy while he was at the site.

PS - You can have my steak.

#15707 6 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

So… it’s Friday, just made a super large martini. Guess who said F it and ordered a topper???

I did. And I didn't even need a martini.

On an unrelated note, how the hell do you make THIS shot? I don't think I've made it once but I'm guessing it's off the upper left flipper. Is my alignment correct?

20231021_122926 (resized).jpg20231021_122926 (resized).jpg20231021_122933 (resized).jpg20231021_122933 (resized).jpg
#15712 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m not sure if this is correct, as I am terrible at this shot, but I always cradle the ball in the lower left flipper and hit that target at the rear of the lane. This activates the magnet where the ball should stop momentarily, allowing you to use the upper right flipper to hit the sleep chamber ramp or vent 3 or whatever. But man it is hard.

Thanks! Can't do it from the bottom flipper but only did it once on a lucky shot from the upper left flipper. I appreciate the answer!

#15714 6 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

It absolutely IS makeable from the bottom flipper.

Not if you suck.

#15747 6 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Andrea + Shawn have been absolute legends.

This can't be said enough. If they gave out TWIPYs to best service department, they'd win hands down. And not even close. Unless Kaneda was nominated.

#15881 5 months ago
Quoted from G35R6:

Hi everyone. I'm just about to pull the trigger on an Alien LV - my first NIB machine.
With the problems that NIB can have out of the box (as with any title) do you guys feel that with Alien in particular, there appear to be less "issues" with the later build dates?
Specifically, do believe that say, serial #7 is likely to have way more problems than #777?
I'm not sure of the specific serial# that this guy has, but I know he's had it sitting in his warehouse for a while.
It's not necessarily going to be a deal breaker. Just wondering what I might be in store for.
Thanks for any input.

Buy with confidence; any issues you may have will be IMMEDIATELY rectified by Shawn at tech support. Really the best in the business in my experience.

#15899 5 months ago

So here's a weird one: my left wireform to the right turnaround ramp is longer than the right one...and my ball keeps getting hung up on that left wire and can't be shaken loose. Is everyone's wire forms of unequal length there, or did I just hit the lottery?

20231030_202228 (resized).jpg20231030_202228 (resized).jpg
#15902 5 months ago

bend it down a bit, parallel to the other

Ah! Thanks...optical illusion. It looks longer because it's bent up. I'll do that tomorrow...thanks so much for your help!

#15920 5 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Did the replacement work better? Curious if I should just spend the $49 bucks on a new one if it solves the issue..

I'm assuming yours isn't under warranty? Because you shouldn't have to spend anything.

#15935 5 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'll add into the topper conversation. Everyone knows these toppers are at least 4-5 times what they should cost. I'm noticing that as the used market is dropping, toppers aren't adding much value at all to the games. I'm betting at some point they will have to drop in price to what they used to be a as very few want a $1000 topper you'll only get $300 back on.

Except for the fact that Stern toppers that used to be 600-800 bucks are now being sold for between 2-3k. So once toppers are discontinued, when people buy machines on the secondary market, they sometimes want the topper and are willing to pay a premium to get it. (Full disclosure: I own a few of those Stern toppers and haven't sold them--they go with the machine when the machine goes. But if someone doesn't want to pay the premium, I'll just sell the topper separately.)

#15938 5 months ago

bend it down a bit, parallel to the other

I removed the wireform and it wasn't bent...it actually was a bit longer on the left side. I ground the left side down to even it out and it works like a champ now...so well that the ball flies off the wireform now. Hoping to get that mod soon that limits fly balls. Thanks to all for their suggestions, and happy to hear it's not just me!

#15985 5 months ago

The heavy price tag. Get the RV it's the way to go.
Pbros really stuck it to LV owners. Not a popular move in my book

I don't think they stuck it to anybody. The game is great at every level and price point. Glad I got my LV...and the MSRP was right in line with other LE games. Glad I got mine, and I'd recommend the LV to anybody looking for one.

#16027 5 months ago

(Deleted post.)

#16037 5 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

Well wasn’t talking about a custom topper….but near as I can tell your post reeks of Sarcasm…to each their own I Guess…not what I was asking for. But go ahead you do you.

Just busting your balls...guys just can't do mods like that because it takes so long just to develop the ones they have. Plus they usually print in batches to get a good price on it and actually make a profit. It's way more work than people realize. Didn't mean to rub you the wrong way!

#16040 5 months ago

Fair enough. I'll shut up...with apologies.

#16139 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Said it twice now so any belief problems are entirely yours.

Quoted from LeMansFan:

Third time will be the charm!

Yeah, I missed it the first two times. Could you say it again? Thanks in advance...

#16143 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Because if you don't like the message you need to make fun of the person rather than think about what they've said and accept there maybe different ways people do things.
Your post shows a lot about you, but it's not showing the witty, funny person you think it is.

You come off as rather intolerant and abrasive sometimes. That's why I was mocking you. And your inability to laugh at yourself a bit proves my point. But carry on...

...and back to Alien talk.

(And PS - You do you...I'm not criticizing how you approach things at all. Sorry if you read it that way.)

1 week later
#16276 5 months ago
Quoted from dts:

Alien LV-364 up and running. It was an adjustment after owning an original for 3 years, but I’m really enjoying it. After dialing it in and putting in more time, this is a great game! Only issue is the proximity sensor for the left outlane 2 is inconsistent, so I need to get the board flush to the wood. Some shots are smoother, sound is just about the same, love the shaker, and that staging magnet for the hypersleep ramp is really cool. Also, can’t wait for Ripley. Has anyone done a split screen for the apron or other location? There is a 14 pin connector from the itx board to the main monitor, but oddly hdmi for the smaller screen to the motherboard. Concerned I might fry the itx board with a resistance error if I split the molex connector into two. The evolution mods apron really adds to this game as well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry to hear it but REALLY glad to know you're having the left outlane 2 inconsistencies...and it's not just me. I've been back and forth with Shawn about it, but I have to play with it some more to see if it's a connector issue or what. Also...I LOVE the apron--but I wish the acid holes glowed a little more green. It's so subtle you can barely see it, even in my dark basement.

1 week later
#16488 4 months ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

New Code: Anyone have a link?

Not out yet. Supposedly by the end of the week.

#16517 4 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Oh no! Went to PB support page, clicked the 4.0 Update, then the download link, and it says page doesn't exist!

Same...first it asked me to get authorization. They must've taken it down for some reason.

#16519 4 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Yes that would be my guess. Reminded me of a girl I knew in high school; what a tease!

They should change the link to "Hey! It's Christmas already! PSYCH!!!"

#16557 4 months ago

Code request: Put in an option for a physical knocker like Stern has, so that one can be available through PB or from a secondary source like PBL. I hate the fake sounds...

#16568 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What is the point of even having a knocker if most play on Free Play?

My knocker goes off with a match or if I set it to free game for a high score or special. No knockers? That's always boring. And take that anyway you like.

#16624 4 months ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

A sub makes a world of difference. I use the Klipsch 15" subs on my 3 pins.

Quoted from kciaccio:

Once you go external sub there is no going back.

How did you guys hook yours up to this game? I usually use the Pinnovators card to install them on my Sterns, but it's no bueno with PB games.

#16696 4 months ago

Stupid question: How do you guys most effectively get the ball to the upper right flipper for a jackpot shot or a hypersleep shot? That shot is hard enough...getting it up there is half the challenge for me. I've tried a pass from the upper left or just shooting it around the orbit to the pops...but sometimes it just goes around the orbit, of course. Frustrating.

#16703 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Left flipper into the pops shot. Not easy.. It hits that target, magnet stops the ball then drops it to the upper right flipper to try for hypersleep..

Oh, okay. That's what I thought...so I just suck and can't make that shot.

#16751 4 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have not updated to 4.0, maybe it’s best to wait until it’s all ironed out as there seems to be problems.

Just played a bunch of games on 4.0 and had no problems. Go figure.

#16756 4 months ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

The "Empty Balls" function in Tests isn't working. I can still do it (one ball at a time)

SO many jokes I could make about this post...

#16817 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you take it apart. I just put electrical tape over them. Hasn't been an issue.

I used painter's tape...didn't want goo all over everything if I ever took it off.

1 month later
#17338 3 months ago

I did a separate power supply for the backbox lighting (the translite mod), then bought a 5v USB charger and tapped off the power supply AC in to power the deflector and stasis chamber mods. A pain in the ass, to be sure, but now I'm done and can rest easy knowing I didn't tap into any of the game's power...

...until the topper comes out.

2 weeks later
#17550 80 days ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Well i bought a queen rhapsody, and its one of my faves. Great pin. A shame it did not seem to get the love its due - i think with pinball brothers being a lesser known brand that did not help get the word out / but hey - its staying for sure at my place!

I loved it so much I bought an Alien LV...and they're both great. A lot of closed minds around here...

1 week later
#17688 73 days ago

I got my balance due notice, too...but it was for somebody else.

#17690 73 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’m guessing I haven’t received my invoice because I waited a bit to order after they’d been announced. I was like, I’m not a topper guy, I don’t need that. And then one night I had a large martini and was like, F it, I’m ordering that damn topper!
Assuming you all got your invoice via email?

Yes, but check your junk mail. That's where mine--or some other guy's, I should say--was sitting.

2 weeks later
#17874 57 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

When playing Alien, the 2 return ramps cover the in/out lane area. Find it difficult to nudge when I can’t see what’s going on. Going to try and strip some of the art work off the plastic to make it so the ball can be seen through the ramps.
I hope I can peel off / remove the section outlined red.
Worst case, I order some new plastics. [quoted image]

1 week later
#18059 46 days ago

What he said ^^^

I have both games. Alien is terrific and everything about it is satisfying. It is, perhaps, a little more shallow in the code than Jaws will be, but having a straightforward path to the wizard mode isn't necessarily a bad thing. The support from PB is second to none. I think both games are great, but if you're an Alien fan, then get the machine and don't let any possible issues that may arise stop you from deciding on it. The only downside is that the value of Alien MAY tank a bit more than Jaws on the secondary market, but that's just because some stubborn people on Pinside listen to naysayers and don't give new companies a chance. PB and their games are wonderful.

PS - The shots in Alien are quite a bit more difficult than Jaws, FYI...

#18065 45 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Where did you get that Pingulp on your Jaws? I'm looking for a good one for Alien. The Modfather one seems lazy to me. That one on Jaws looks very detailed and well done.
I have a great idea for one that I might try to make, but need to fix or replace my 3D printer first.

Agreed...that drink holder looks terrific!

#18079 44 days ago

You know what would be awesome? If they sent me the topper that I paid in full for last month. I don't mind putting deposits down for stuff and waiting a while, but when you request final payment, I just think that the product should be ready to go. Maybe I'm wrong...

#18081 44 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Appears to be an issue not just with pinball. I put a deposit down for a guitar in JULY last year and just received it on Thursday. New manufacturer, I think they had some supply issues

Deposits are fine and I'm a patient guy. Waited a year for Queen. But when I submitted the final payment, I had the game within 1 or 2 weeks. There's been no word about the toppers. I know...first world problems.

#18090 44 days ago
Quoted from benime:

Pinsiders whine way too fucking much.

...but I don't. That's the point. And I'm on my second year of waiting for a custom Martin because they screwed up my first one. And they have enough money for me to buy a small car. But they deliver when they say they will after final payment is made. Don't say two weeks then not deliver without any public updates on the delay. That's where I get frustrated.

I really don't care how long it takes; just be up front about it.

1 week later
#18325 34 days ago
Quoted from henning:

My take on this is: SV with Apron Mod, Stasis Chamber, Motion Tracker and KJS absolutely awesome Translite. <3

Everything is correct, but you misspelled LV.

#18327 34 days ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Has anyone gotten any of the official PB add-ons yet? Impatiently waiting on the topper. My wife bought me the ramp lighting kit for my birthday which also is a no-show so far.... :/
Would be nice to have an idea when this stuff would ship, they're definitely off from their original ship dates and my topper final payment was well over a month ago.
These aren't pinball machines, they're add-ons. Kinda hoped they'd meet their self-determined timeline.

They're made in Israel, which is a problem right now with getting parts in and shipments out. That's causing the holdup...nothing we can do about it.

#18464 28 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You can really tell the people who haven't read the thread. Silently waiting for your stuff to surprisingly arrive with no indication is the norm. That hasn't changed since day 1. It's coming from overseas. It will be here, eventually. Fortunately, replacement parts are much quicker.

Yep. The topper is being held up by only a couple of parts that have to get from China to Israel, then from Israel to here. Nothing you can do about it, and it's not PB's fault that they fully expected it to ship by now. It's a topper. I'll play my game and be patient.

#18479 27 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Pinball Brothers just posted that the two original "brothers" aren't backing the company anymore and pulling out their monetary support. Does anyone know what this means for the company and support for our games?

Doesn't seem to have changed anything support-wise in the last few months, and with Abba on the way, it doesn't look like they're going anywhere. But you never know...

#18558 25 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

For those that have installed precision flippers in Alien how happy are you - was it worth it?
I know from other posts that all of the installs are PITA due to having to sand the holes in the playfield and the left upper is a bit more of PITA for the actual install as well.

I didn't realize this was a "thing"...and here I just bought a set at TPF for my game. So I, too, am looking forward to any feedback from people who have done this with their game.

3 weeks later
#18756 4 days ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Received my flasher kits today. Just waiting on the topper so that Alien bitch can wag its thrasher tail at me!!!

I'm beginning to lose hope in the topper (that I've paid for in full). Between Lior's health problems, the war in Israel, and God knows whatever is holding up parts from China, the delay after pre-payment is getting ridiculous. I want the health problems to get better soon, the war to stop, and the parts logistics to clear up...but at this point I'm feeling like I may have lost a bit of cash on this deal.

#18762 4 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You won't be getting the topper.
I talked to them a few days ago and still a couple weeks to get to the states to be distributed.

Let's hope that's true! Thanks for the update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.