b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1360 Video of one solution to sticky flippers. Posted by HurryUpPinball (2 years ago)

Post #3169 Minimizing electrical interference issues Posted by brado426 (2 years ago)

Post #5287 Some spare parts Posted by Baggerman (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cookpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6760 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Considering getting an LV, but concerned about the game having issues.
I've heard that there are a lot of major issues, but wanted to ask owners directly here.

Do we know how long they are running production? My hopes are they are learning from issues and later build date models should come with all of the known common issues resolved.

1 month later
#7661 1 year ago

Any idea how long PB will be producing this game?

3 months later
#9944 1 year ago

Any idea if production of Alien is ending with the release of Queen? After seeing the price point of TNA 2.0, and the leaked images of 007, I think Alien is still the best NIB deal out there.

#9953 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Just paid my invoice in Full today. Here was a note included with the invoice:
'GAME IS APPROX. 30-45 DAYS FROM SHIPPING TO YOU'
OooOOOooooOOoo! Maybe I'll get it by Halloween! At least by my Thanksgiving Birthday!

How long after ordering were you invoiced in full?

1 year later
#15430 6 months ago

Looking forward to seeing more high def pictures of the Ripley edition from Expo. At this price with the all the updates included (minus topper and shaker), I’m very tempted. Have room for one more. Have a PF on order but looking like that won’t be shipping for…who knows? Might pull the trigger and figure it out when the time comes that PF starts shipping.

If this price is limited, how long until it jumps?

Also very surprised to see only 300 toppers. Will that be a 24hr sellout? Glad I’m not into them. They can be cool but not near worth the price they command (to me). Would love to see a video of it inaction though.

#15517 6 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This is a nitpick for sure, but why did they need to put the text "ELLEN RIPLEY VERSION" on the side of the cabinet? That kinda irks me.

How are you seeing that from the promo pic? What they've released so far is horrible quality, and I feel hard to make a full judgement on the art package.

#15556 6 months ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Is the Ripley edition being shown at Expo? Curious to know what the content of the new movie clips is.

I'm hoping so, really need better pictures of the art than the flyer.

#15586 6 months ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I’m at Expo. A couple more pics of Ripley version. Topper looks great - it’s obviously a prototype.
Ripley version has the playfield beacon add-on. It looks really cool - synchs with shots/modes.
PB crew is awesome
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you! I had not realized the art on the left side was different. The whole package looks fantastic. Finally a quality pic to see the colors pop on the backglass. Might be time to ping the distributor...

#15618 6 months ago

Is the mini beacon kit being discussed included with the RE version?

#15624 6 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I played Alien at a bar in Arizona and I want to have my wife try it first before I put a deposit down. I can’t remember the name of it and I can’t find it on google or pinside maps. Anyone I’m Arizona have an idea? Or if anyone near me can let her try it if you have one?

Electric Bat is the pinball mecca in that state, but per Pinmap they do not have it currently. Uncle Bear’s brewery in Gilbert says they have one. I’d call them to confirm if you’re traveling far.

I can’t wait to go to EB again in a few weeks when I go out to visit family.

#15642 6 months ago

Red_Devils thoughts on adding RE edition to the poll?

#15690 6 months ago

Are the OEM, low profile style, topper beacons what will be available direct from PB? Does anyone have some they want to sell because they replaced theirs? I prefer this look.

#15748 6 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Are the OEM, low profile style, topper beacons what will be available direct from PB? Does anyone have some they want to sell because they replaced theirs? I prefer this look.

Everyone who seems to hate the OEM beacons sell or replace theirs? I prefer that look, and am willing to buy them. Thanks!

#15849 6 months ago

We ever get an answer on two stage flippers being in RE?

1 week later
#16023 5 months ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thanks all..very proud of this mod.
So close to pulling the trigger on rejoining the club, but prices are high here downunder.
Working on a Ripley inspired back panel option now.

Very interested to see what you do with Ripley! The dual layered back glasses for this title are the best I’ve ever seen for any machine.

1 week later
#16213 5 months ago
Quoted from FullTilt83:

Sounds superficial, but I absolutely prefer the original (unapproved) translite with Ripley in the PowerLoader.

I'm really confused how they could go from that style to this suspected new one.

#16216 5 months ago

The handdrawn style had to of taken so much more effort though. I'm guessing they did multiple iterations, would lead with one, and if rejected, go with their next choice.

I still don't believe it's not going to be the loader one.

1 week later
#16293 5 months ago

We are creeping past mid-November. We still don’t know what the official artwork will be, and no one (here at least) has received any info on shipping ETA. Glad I did not pre-order.

FYI, my distributor said the current RE pricing is good until the end of the year. Anyone hear the same?

#16295 5 months ago

I will ask my distro. What did the initial SD pricing jump, 8k - 8.5k?

#16332 5 months ago

Awesome to see them offering both translite options.

#16345 5 months ago

Someone want to ask PB when these start shipping I’m feeling that hopes of securing one to enjoy on Christmas break are dashing.

#16347 5 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Supposedly shipping next week along with code drop by end of month.

Awesome! Only makes sense for code drop to align with shipment. Really impressed that this update is going to include 33 new cut scenes. That seems massive.

Curious on everyone’s thoughts of Ripley on the left side of back box? That’s a new reveal from what we saw at announcement.

#16350 5 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I saw the original Alien movie when I was an impressionable young boy. When I watched the scene with the "underwear" you could say ...I was impressed.
I've been a Sigourney Weaver fan since. The more Ripley the better LoL

I’m more excited about Jonesy. Sigourney never did anything for me. She is absolutely the face of the franchise though, and when you see her you think Alien.

I was surprised by the addition of that decal but I think I’ll like it.

#16377 5 months ago

On Facebook I saw a comment from PB that side the side blades on the RE are similar to the LV but not lit.

#16399 4 months ago
Quoted from BillyPilgrim:

Is the new code just video clips of Ripley? Will it have her voice as well?

Yes, but only sometimes? Here’s an odd response from PB.

IMG_3411 (resized).jpegIMG_3411 (resized).jpeg
#16404 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That looks like a “we answered this a million times and now we don’t really know what people are asking” type of answer

Yet this is the first time I’ve seen an answer for it. Maybe that is because initially I didn’t even consider it being a possibility of not being included, so I didn’t think to look for that specific detail. From a technical stance, it makes sense why the audio may be muted at times.

I mainly thought it was odd because of the “why would it even be relevant” part.

#16410 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Looks like the first batch of new Alien Ripley versions are going to ship by end of this week according the Pinball Brothers FB post today. They even specified it includes direct purchasers and those purchased through their distrubutors.

My preferred distributor was on that list. Had a bit of FOMO bite me and reached out to them and was able to secure one. Looks like I'll be officially in the club soon. Time to order the shaker and the beacon lights.

#16421 4 months ago

So, how long does the trip from Italy take? Is it possible these will be landing in homes in 2 weeks? Assuming 1 week to the states then a week from the distributor.

#16424 4 months ago

Not sure why but I was definitely thinking air when I said a week, knowing they do this by shipping container. Thanks for the insight.

#16429 4 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Thought I read they were planning air for the first shipments but I could be wrong.

My distro just confirmed this batch is indeed shipping via air

#16435 4 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Interesting. Could code be far behind?

I believe the code will drop as soon as the first shipment leaves the building, which is nice as it will give us further insight on shipment timing. If it releases by the end of this week, I'll feel that there is the slightest possibility of flipping my RE with the family on Christmas.

#16465 4 months ago
Quoted from JDub03:

as long as I hear "get away from her you bitch" it will be a good add on

Was looking through some PB comments on FB and they confirmed the audio for the "iconic line from the loader bay" is included.

Edit: also just saw a comment from 11/26 where they said the code would drop "end of next week".

#16472 4 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

Where can you order a new translite? I've got the 3d one but didn't know there were others.

Can get the two RE translates direct from PB -
https://pbusasales.com/add-ons/alien/

#16559 4 months ago

I asked PB if the code release means that the RE models have shipped out and they confirmed.

#16561 4 months ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Are the Ripley editions landing with the new code or will an update be required?

I think I recall them saying they are coming updated. Given the 11/23 date on this code, that sounds correct.

#16639 4 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

What is the minimum firmware requirement to get the newest code update? Where’s the main page (pinballbrothers.com?). And where’s the instructions to download? and proper procedures to safely update from fw old 2.5? Basic questions but honest ones! We need a sticky

Taken from PB Facebook post:

FAQ – Ripley 4.0
For Alien and Queen, you will find our support section on Freshdesk.
With all game updates and other downloads provided, and also the Support Ticket System.
The correct Update link is provided via Freshdesk only. If a link fails, we will provide alternatives (the demand was very high today).
With any update, please always carefully read the liner notes on the update page.
They always state the Game Version and Firmware needed.
Current firmware is 0.71 – this is fine for Game Code 4.0The firmware 0.72 is in preparation and caters to add-ons like minibeacons and topper.Note that very new and large USB-Sticks may not work.
Best keep a stick that works handy for your updates. More detailed info on freshdesk.
We will keep all info updates central in this post.
–––––––––––––
SV – Standard Version
This version is being discontinued. Distributors or 2nd hand traders may still offer some.
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/AlienSV
LV – Limited Version
The only Limited Version (we have almost reached the limit of 1000 units). With ShakerMotor, Top Beacons, special Metal Side Trim and illuminated Sideblades.
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/AlienLV
RV – Ripley Version
Celebrating the Alien Franchise including Ellen Ripley on Cabinet, Translite and VideoClips.Game Version 4.0 with Ripley goes to all SV, LV, RV owners.
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien-ripley-version/
All orders in 2023 ship with both Helmet and LoaderBattle Translites
All Add-Ons, extra Translites etc. available directly via https://pbusasales.com
Check out this Facebook Group for all info and community assistance!
https://facebook.com/groups/679568609591140/

#16792 4 months ago
Quoted from MoPinball:

Any word on when Alien RV production machines will arrive? Any complete specs to be found anywhere? Are the cabinet decals the ones shown on Pinball Brothers web site? Orange on one side, blue and Ripley holding cat on the other? Any art on the back or sides inside the cabinet?
It sounds like a great buy but it's hard to make the leap without knowing exactly what you are getting.

Yes to the decal questions, can see them all here - https://www.facebook.com/100054888708200/posts/pfbid02eEF6JYpEgatKyxv2td1XmfRZBX6nEA9woJwKHSaWYjQ5uZLUrqR3U8jwCHFdHFyWl/?app=fbl

They’ve said the art blades are similar to LV but not lit

#16823 4 months ago

PB posted about another shipment of RV's heading out yesterday. They included my distro in the list. Has me confused as they also included my distro in the list on 11/28, as well as a few others that were listed in this recent post. Contacted distro, they said it's in transit to them. Still not sure if that is from the shipment 2 weeks ago, or the one yesterday.

#16829 4 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Let's get voting!
Look at this post on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/share/kFbizVq5CiEY6cRa/?mibextid=xfxF2i
[quoted image]

That would require me following the most negative person I've ever encountered on social media. I did for some time until I decided I did not need that level of negativity feed to me on a daily basis for a hobby I go to for bringing some joy to my life.

#16835 4 months ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

Speaking of toys... has anyone received any Art of Pinball items from Lior? Some of the ship dates were November and December.

They said on FB that shipping update on those coming soon.

I ordered a shaker and the topper beacons 2 weeks ago and haven’t seen anything from them but my order confirmation. Shouldn’t those of been in stock and shipped by now?

#16840 4 months ago

I also messaged them about it. Have not received any definitive answer. The top beacon kit, Apron decal and mini screen frame all had end of November ship dates. Xeno head end of December, mini beacons & flasher kit early 2024, topper in February and shaker kit 5 weeks delivery.

5 weeks for the shaker? Bummer. Was hoping that if the top beacon kit was the hold up, I could ask them to ship the shaker separate so I could install on day one of receiving my RV. I think I am going to reach out and add the mini beacons as well. Might as well have it all (minus the topper, not into it personally).

#16842 4 months ago

So when the loadwr translite on the RV was first revealed, there was an ask about if the art shown on the display was updated to match. That was confirmed, I believe. Now I’m wondering if the same is true for the second translite that was revealed, the one with Ripley. Also, is that something you just change in the menu options?

#16845 4 months ago

Rejecting the delivery is the best thing to do I’ve heard.

#16847 4 months ago

Should be an easier process with it being from distributor. Definitely the only expectation to have. Sorry to see that happen.

#16875 4 months ago

My beacon topper lights and shaker that I ordered on 11.28 are set to arrive Monday. Wasn’t able to add mini beacons. Will prob order that next month. Really hope my RV arrives over the next 2 weeks.

#16917 4 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

Alien is officially my new favorite game of all time. I just can't get enough of it. The new code with Ripley just brings the game over the top. I didn't realize how much content was missing with the old clips by trying to just not have her in there. It's like a whole new game.
I can't stop playing it. Definitely glad I stuck if out after all the issues I had early on. Game seems rock solid now. Thanks PB Bros!

This has me hyped.

Quoted from DylanFan71:

Anyone heard of their Ripley landing soon? I was hoping for a christmas miracle but it's looking less likely.

I don't think they'll land by Christmas. Still holding out hope for before New Years.

#16922 4 months ago

My distro said the games are stateside and going through customs as of today.

#16935 4 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

If this info was from cointaker it prob is an exaggeration. Just a heads up that they've got a history of just telling people what they want to hear.

It wasn't

#16945 4 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Where are you buying extra targets from?

These are more expensive than I thought they would be..

https://pbusasales.com/spare-parts/alien/playfield-parts/standup-targets/

#16950 4 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Grab 4 of em and hold em.. not sure what the long term life of these is going to be.

4 of each size? Or is one more prone to failure than others?

What about that mod that puts the spacer between the banks of standups, I've seen people say that has resolved failure in those entirely.

#16957 4 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

there is only 2 sizes and for the most part the "guts" are interchangeable.. Grab 1 xeno and a few targets.. count is up to you. I have the spacers and i still get failures of the micro switches on occassion.

Thanks for the feedback, will be ordering some after the game arrives.

Quoted from Optimiser:

I think that's pretty cheap actually.

I guess they aren't too bad. Still about 2.5x a standard stand-up.

I've been told first wave of Ripley machines (those who paid in full in November) could be delivered to customers by end of next week.

This is what I'm hoping! Will have some time off work after Christmas, would love to spend it getting my new RV dialed in and exploring the code a lot more than I've been able to on location.

#16960 4 months ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Told by my distributor that he’s shipping mine to me tomorrow. I’m guessing I’ll have between Christmas and new years.

Wooo! Going to be a fun NYE w/ Ripley.

#17009 4 months ago

Got some good news on my RV today. Planning for delivery being tomorrow.

#17016 3 months ago

Ripley's home! Courtesy of Mad Pinball. Waiting for my wife to get home tonight to unbox and move into the game room.
IMG_3579 (resized).jpegIMG_3579 (resized).jpeg

#17026 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The RV didn't come with the extra mini beacon lights?

No, those are extra for any model.

#17028 3 months ago

Looking at how PB packs their games is.. concerning. No moving blankets or thick padding? This is my first NIB so maybe that's normal across all manufacturers. Hoping mine is fine but am now considering how to protect it to get it through 2 tight doorways. Likely will plastic wrap it like I do with used games.

Will report back once its setup.

#17033 3 months ago

I actually think PB did a good job of packing. I like that the entire machine is wrapped in plastic as well, and they have provide a tip n' tell on the outside of the box to show if it's been improperly handled.

I couldn’t wait any longer to unbox. All seems fine but it’s still in the plastic. That is a nice thick mill, so I think I’ll just leave it in that and should be ok going through the doorways.

#17047 3 months ago

Got my machine safely in the gameroom and setup, haven’t played yet.

And found my key

Further updates to come!

#17050 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Because of teh long haul, I would suggest lifting the PF and pushing in/tightening connectors. They tend to pull apart/shift in transit.

Is the backbox just secured by the rear latch, or should I be putting this extra leg bolt I got somewhere in it?

#17052 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't remember off hand, but if you don't see a latch, and you see a large bolt, it should go in the head. There should be a hole somewhere in the bottom I think.

There’s a latch on the outside in the back. I have an extra leg bolt. I assume that’s to really secure the backbox but I’m not seeing a hole for it anywhere. Obviously a first time PB owner here

#17053 3 months ago

Got a game in before having to call it a night. Will play a bunch more this weekend, but based on that game no issues so far.

Couple initial comments:
- I did receive the alternative translite. Was going to put it in but need to swap the lock out.

- It’s a pain to get the translite out of the backbox. I think my lock isn’t properly unlatching once popped out. Need to look at it further.

- The pictures of the new apron decal do not do it justice. Very nice looking with the textured metallic print. I think it’s worth the cost for SV and LV owners to add.

#17063 3 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Is the backbox just secured by the rear latch, or should I be putting this extra leg bolt I got somewhere in it?

PB confirmed that yes, the latch is all that is used to secure the backbox.

Just installed the shaker motor option, and so far it's quite noticeable. I still want to play around with the settings more. Also, you'll notice from my pictures, that they included an open egg pop bumper, saves me $40 from Cointaker!

Just installed my shaker as well. The instructions included weren't quite relevant for the RV version.

Some tips for others that are installing theirs:

I mounted mine behind the coinbox, in between the board and the PSU, instead of to the left of the coinbox as the instructions showed, as it would not fit there with the wiring harnesses that run on each side.

I had to plug the shaker into the middle open port on the board to get it to work, no other changes needed after that.

I was not able to get it fully snug, as they included carriage bolts to mount it. Carriage bolts work by having the square section right under the bolt head lock into something so they don't spin while you tighten the nuts. Since the bolt is going into just an open 7/32 hole, it spins when tightening down the nuts from the inside. I may swap them out, or add another washer or two. Did you get yours fully tightened down @pinball-cruiser?

#17067 3 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I thought it’s supposed to be the left port? Middle is for the beacons.

Left did nothing and middle worked. I have beacons on order, but PB said they are 1-2 weeks out. Will be interesting if the left is what now works for those.

They had the 4 holes marked for drilling on the left side of coin box, so I drilled out those locations. Agree, the instructions were for a kit that requires the additional controller. I did have the schematics for the cabinet controller and it did show which port to use for shaker. As far as tightening down the shaker, not sure why they used the carriage bolts and there is nothing to grab onto. What I did, was run the bolts from the bottom up, the shaker mounting plate had threaded openings and the bolts screwed in easily, I then added the washer and nut. Lastly, I used my nut driver to tighten while applying a lot of pressure on the carrier bolts underneath the cabinet so it wouldn't spin. I managed to get all 4 bolts very tight this way.
I'll also point out the design of the lockdown bar clips is very bad. If you don't line them up properly while lowering the playfield, they will get stuck behind the playfield in a spot where you can use them at all.

I just double checked and can confirm I did not have pre-marked drill spots on either side of my coinbox. Oh well, I think it's fine where I put it. I just went after the bolts again, for the ones being difficult I was able to use some channel locks from the bottom to snug them further. It's much better now, not 100% as snug as I'd like it, but very close.

#17069 3 months ago

Any new Alien RV owners have an issue of dark translite illumination? I did and noticed that the led strip stuck to the back is working but the rest of the LEDs surrounding the LCD screen are off. Trying to figure what is going on, likely loose connector somewhere.

I think mine is as it should be.

AlienRV (resized).jpgAlienRV (resized).jpg
#17071 3 months ago

At at least it’s not a gameplay affecting issue.

Does anyone know if the lock for the translite is something I can order from a 3rd party? I want to just put a new lock in the alt translite so I can easily swap them. I’ll probably contact PB USA about it.

#17076 3 months ago

Did you get the alt translite already? I was told they were delayed with the first shipment of Ripley versions.

Yep. Lucky I didn’t break it pulling the box off. I don’t want to swap locks back and forth, seems like a good chance to cause damage. Want to just get a new lock before installing.

IMG_3614 (resized).jpegIMG_3614 (resized).jpeg
#17079 3 months ago

They really should have provided a lock for it.

I opened a ticket with PB (an hour ago), they replied and confirmed it’s not included but they are sending me a lock and key set next week for $15 shipped.

I agree it would be nice to have been included, but understand why it wasn’t. I’m not complaining about that cost.

#17096 3 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

So I just ordered flipper coil coolers.
Not sure about what you guys think but I feel my LV suffers from Fade especially on the lower right flipper more than any other game I have played. That flipper in particular if I am onto a pretty good game where I have on whole movies modes done and maybe most of the MB's. Then by that point trying to make left ramp shot with the lower right flipper has completely changed to the point where it is very difficult. Feels I need an absolutely perfect shot with even a little nudge momentum.
Anyhow its coil coolers for all 4 so I assume that will get me sorted but wanted to see what you all thought.
Almost feels like maybe the coil on that lower right flipper is extra bad and maybe I should swap that coil.

Please report back how these perform for you. Their temp chart on the associated thread is very compelling. I like mods that add functionality like this.

#17101 3 months ago

I'm adding a bunch of plastic protectors at the same time I replace the rubbers

Where did you order the plastic protector set from?

Also curious what the standard spots to add some mylar on this machine are. I’ve put it on the shooter lane and at the airlock scoop so far (after I waxed). Searching the thread it sounds like the magnet and inlane drops are also suggested. May look into a Cliffy for those. Anywhere else, like outlanes to protect ball trails?

#17109 3 months ago

I ordered from Colywobbles, here on Pinside. He sells two sets (main & extended). I ordered the full set which is 17 pieces. They are not inexpensive, but the quality of his cuts are pure perfection. Everything fit perfect, with the exception of the back left corner, not his fault, but that one has to fit into a couple of notches on the side of the playfield and without removing the ramps it's very difficult. Took me around 5 hours to install all of the pieces, but it looks amazing and the green color makes the whole playfield glow when lit.

Oh they’re colored ones, nice. Can you share a pic?

#17114 3 months ago

Here's a few images of the plastic protectors installed. Again, I can't recommend Colywobbles enough, he does great work. Also made me the flipper toppers as well.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic, thanks for sharing with the multiple pf colors. I have my Alien next to my TNA currently, which has green plastic protectors. These would pair nice, adding to my shortlist of mods.

Just ordered a PINsmx mixer so I can hook Alien to the same Polk sub I have TNA hooked up to.

#17119 3 months ago
Quoted from MoPinball:

Only 15 seconds - pretty cool but $250?

Just re-watched Alien but first time seeing Directors Cut in 4k. Watching that scene before the ship self destructs with the countdown playing in my ear from my surround has me ready to overpay for the mini beacon kit

#17157 3 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Arrived safe and sound! Now, where do these go?[quoted image]

Forgot about these, I got them too.

Quoted from Rager170:

Oh, mine looked different. Those are just for shipping I remember being told.

They came in the bag with the rest of the included parts (which by the way PB does NOT staple inside the cabinet )

#17160 3 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I see where they can go in the backbox but it seems like they are too close to translite. The latch is good enough anyway.

I asked PB support if there’s anything additional to secure the backbox besides the latch, they said no. I have not found where these would go in there. Could you share a pic next time you are in there? I don’t trust just the latch. My wife likes to nudge

I have a question about Ambush MB. Are the 3 left side shots (mystery, orbit, ramp) supposed to always be lit red? I thought I recall when playing on location that was the case. I find on my machine sometimes nothing is lit red at all.

#17163 3 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

They are not always lit.
During Ambush, aliens can attack from one of four quadrants: 9:00 (red lights), 11:00 (green lights), 1:00 (blue lights), 3:00 (yellow lights), which correspond to the location of the radar blips on the on-screen tracker. The trick to Ambush is that the jackpot value keeps increasing with every shot made unless/until you let aliens hit the center, at which point everything unlights, the jackpot value goes back to baseline, and you have to hit the Xeno to resume. So ideally, you always want to shoot the aliens in the quadrant that's closest to the middle. (This was easier to understand with the playfield screen showing the tracker.) The distance meter also indicates how far the closest aliens are from the center: when it gets to zero, you're toast.
So, once you kill the aliens in a quadrant, that quadrant remains clear for a little while until more aliens come on that attack path, and a quadrant's shots remain unlit if there are no aliens to kill in that quadrant.
---
(I've always called them quadrants, but I suppose they're really sextants? Eh, let's just say "sectors".)

This is extremely helpful. Will be re-reading a few times as I play through it some. Thank you!

Quoted from Jerickso77:

This one. Maybe goes on from underneath?
[quoted image]

I tried to thread from the top and it wasn’t fitting. If it was from the bottom it would make lifting and raising the playfield difficult. I’ll try next time I have the glass off though.

#17164 3 months ago

I received my replacement lock/key set to keep permanently installed on the alt translite to make swapping easier. Here it is installed. Really liking the colorful look of this one. Fits in the rest of my lineup a bit better.

IMG_3666 (resized).jpegIMG_3666 (resized).jpeg

#17167 3 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I swear the activation is backward on my Ripley also. Could that be a software issue?

Mine isn’t backwards, I think it was wired wrong.

#17172 3 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

My LV which I have had a little over a year is also backwards on the staged flippers between upper right flipper going first then lower right flipper. I turned it off in confusion thinking I didn't know what I was doing.
SO this is a wiring issue from the factory?

So, I was wrong. Mine are backwards too. I think I was the only outlier. I’m back to, is this a code issue?

#17177 3 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Why don't you put in a support ticket for us mate see what they say. Mine are def backwards.

Done. Will report back.

Quoted from Nicoli125:

She made it home! What translite are you guys rocking? Thinking of switching them monthly. Any cool addons or immediate fixes that should be done to the Ellen Ripley version? Thinking of adding mylar to the magnets and inlanes, seen allot of pins like spider man get damaged fast with the small magnets.
[quoted image]

I’m using the one you currently have in right now but I will also probably swap them frequently. Definitely put Mylar at the inlanes where the ramps drop the ball. I also put in shooter. Going to get the magnet Mylar from PBL to protect those.

There’s some power settings you’ll want to adjust. Go back a few pages or search for a good write up someone did. Off the top of my head, I lowered the trough eject 10-15%, raised the upper right flipper by 20%, and raised all the pops (jets) by 10-15%.

#17198 3 months ago

Response from PB regarding reversed staged flippers:

“You can adjust the 4 metal flipper switch leaf tabs (2 for each flipper) inside the cabinet to contact in the opposite order as they are now to fix this currently. All you need to do is look at them, to see which 2 leaf tabs are contacting first. In your case, these 2 metal leaf tabs are for the upper flipper.

Once you see that, you can use (with the game powered off) a flat-head screwdriver to widen that gap and shorten the other 2 metal leaf tabs so that they contact first.

However, as we speak our software team is creating brand new settings in the menu that will allow you to adjust them to coincide with how your flipper switches may be triggering; with the option to reverse them. Hopefully that will be available with an update very soon.”

I’ll probably just wait for the code update. Messing with leaf switch gaps isn’t my favorite thing to do.

#17236 3 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Arrived safe and sound! Now, where do these go?[quoted image]

So, these do screw in from the underside. I got one in, but the fitting on the other kept coming out. Even with it out it seems like something within the hole wasn’t installed properly. I think I’ll just leave it with one.

Wonder if this was a new add to the RV model since PB didn’t even know there was a way to secure the backbox beyond the latch.

IMG_3676 (resized).jpegIMG_3676 (resized).jpeg
#17238 3 months ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

They are for holding down the playfield while in transit. For nothing else. The backbox just uses the latch.

So its pure coincidence that there are two holes on either side of the backbox that these thread into? Could be. But also, if they are for transit, why did they come in a sealed bag with the rest of the included goodies? Or are you saying they are so I can use them if I am moving the machine again?

#17247 3 months ago
Quoted from Kabball:

But the game sounds package is insanely good.

Got my external sub hooked up last night using a PINsmx, wow. Shakes the house. I will say the factory sub is pretty good in this. But a cranked external is a noticeable improvement to not just sound, but feel.

#17268 3 months ago

What do you all have the center magnet strength set to? It seemed like the ball grab right on my RE out of box was like 98%, but last night it was like 10%. Turned it up to 10% strength and not sure if it helped, but did notice the ball will occasionally get whipped into the airlock now when you hit the Xeno.

#17302 3 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

No new news on the Lior topper?

I don’t get why I’ve been waiting since November for just the beacon lights topper.

#17309 3 months ago

My balls game in the goodie box

#17328 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You get over 100 million?
......*backs out of room*

My best so far is 98.

Quoted from Baggerman:

if you find that you are struggling with it, check all the target switches for proper functionality. Check the up post functions up top to rollovers, etc. I find that when i can no longer hit the larger scores, sometimes i have a target swtich out that effects missions, weapons, etc.

Physically activate them to test them? Can we not trust a switch test?

#17330 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My high is much around 150m (although my very first day high was 350m but never come close since)
The switch tests would work, it's the physical interaction of the switch that might not. As they can come off center and not actually push the button in (yes they are buttons).

So the standups are what to physically check, even if they are still lighting up?

While on the subject of switches, why is no one else using the sensor type of switch that PB uses. Which results in them being all under the PF and not visible from above? Gives the game a very modern feel.

#17341 3 months ago

Those with an RE, how's your PF looking? Definitely seeing the dimples on mine. I searched here to see discussions of original buyers, seems to be expected and nothing outside of the norm of other major manufacturers. This is my first NIB so it's probably just more noticeable to me since all my other games are older and have been "smoothed out", that plus the darker color of the pf seems to make them stand out more when light hits them.

#17343 3 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Completely normal! Its because its new to you and yes, I feel the dark playfield shows this and scratches much more easily. I have had 4 NIB pins and this one is the same as the others (JJP and Stern). I freaked out on my first NIB pin when I saw those.. Play the hell out of it and they will be blended in no time...

Thanks. I’ve gone down the rabbit hole before and knew it was normal, so wasn’t too concerned but wanted some Alien specific reassurance.

Will keep calm and continue playing the hell out of it

#17348 3 months ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Anyone get their RV beacons and shaker shipped from PB yet? I ordered them back in November and neither have shipped for me.

I got my shaker. Not my beacon lights topper.

I plan to soon order the mini beacon kit. Was just playing a Stern tonight with one or two of those mini beacon style lights. Really like them. The amount this kit adds should add an experience like no other pin.

#17365 3 months ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Probably a great game for home use, but a royal pain in the ass on location.

None of the ones I’ve played on location locally stuck around. That’s one of the motivators in why I ended up buying one, no other way to play it!

#17370 3 months ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Not sure if I should be nervous or excited that my Ripley Edition is arriving in 3 weeks.

No issues with my RE so far. Going on one month of ownership. Will have to check my total plays next time.

#17387 3 months ago

Is the airlock screen extremely underutilized, or am I still very new to the machine and not noticing all it offers?

#17389 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's really only related to modes.
I do think they could have moved the tracker to it, but it still would have been hard to watch there.

Tracker would be 100% easier to see there. Also every other mode status tracking..why isn’t the APC count or the egg count shown on it?

How hard would it be for that display to just mirror what’s shown to track the status in each mode. (graphic wise, not video assets).

#17393 3 months ago
Quoted from dts:

I keep experimenting with a mirror screen and love the placement over the ramps. It doesn’t block anything important and is such an easy way to see what is going on in the modes, without taking my attention away from the playfield. I feel this is as close as possible to the original intent with the playfield screen, especially for ambush multiball. At the apron location, you have to look down and away from the playfield, and in the back it is too far away to be helpful. PB could easily offer this as an aftermarket mod with some Lior treatment.
[quoted image]

A mirror screen is a workaround I suppose, but I think the airlock screen is in a good spot and could be programmed to be more functional. What size screen are you using? I think a smaller one would look better.

#17415 3 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What is the behavior of those flashers/mini beacons? Not sure if anyone knows.
I know myself, I would not want them going off all the time or everytime the spinner is hit..
Just unsure of how it works.

In the video posted it looks like they go off based on various shots. If you hit the mystery scoop then the one closest to that shot goes off, if you hit the spinner than the one near that goes off. When the ball returns from left ramp, all the ones on the left go off. Same for the ones on the right. All based on where the ball is. That is really cool to me and adds a tiny bit of justification to the price.

I'm going to order it, but just bought some other dumb stuff so would rather not immediately. Safe to assume these kits will be on sale throughout the year while RE's are still in production?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17422 3 months ago
Quoted from G35R6:

Hey. Brought home LV #232 last weekend. First NIB. It popped up two miles from me and I had to jump on it fast, so fast that it's still sitting here awaiting a set of nylon leg washers. So, I started reading through this owners thread of 17000+ posts and, well, I'm still making my way through it.
Washers should be here tomorrow and I should be ready to fire it up this weekend.
My question. Can someone give me a quick list of items that I should do/check BEFORE I ever flip the power switch?
I've also never owned a game that gets updated automatically. So, I'm a little intimidated by that as well.
Thanks in advance for your responses.
Can't wait to start playing this one.
[quoted image]

It doesn’t update automatically. V4.1 is the newest. If it doesn’t say that during boot up you’ll need to update. Easy to do, PB support page has a how-to.

Put some Mylar under the ramp exits that drop into each inlane.

I just checked all my connectors were firm and went for it. Didn’t have any issues on my RE out of box. Is it a new build LV? Hopefully you’ll experience the same.

#17447 87 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You can have it adjusted perfectly and still get chewed up. Cliffys are great protectors.

I ordered Mylar rings from PBL. Does anyone sell cliffys for magnet protectors? Cliff is like a year behind on orders I feel like.

#17451 87 days ago

Curious what the full set for Alien includes. Magnet, shooter lane, and airlock? Not sure what else there is.

#17455 87 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

[quoted image]
Mine came with stainless magnet rings...

Thanks. Didn’t consider mother too. I should probably get that.

#17511 84 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I MISS THIS GAME!!! Should not have sold it. Wheels are starting to spin although it will be some time, I shall have HER back. So how is the new content?

I don't have much time on the old code, but I can't see how they did some of these modes without Ripley. Like Queen's Nest for instance. Her firing up that flamethrower is a must.

While on the subject, curious for those on 4.1 how they feel about the audio adjustments made? Supposedly they increased the volume on the Ripley clips. I think I noticed it in some, but definitely not all. It is still too low in Combat Drop, for example.

Thinking about opening a ticket to give my feedback if others agree, and if so, would suggest we get multiple open.

#17525 84 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Any rumors on PB’s next game yet?

Abba

#17528 83 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is that the rumor? I was thinking Oasis.

A distributor confidently told me that is what it’s going to be. Seems crazy, I know. Guess they’re looking to solely appeal to the Euro market? Hope he is wrong.

#17540 83 days ago

Received a surprise package from USPS today, my Beacon topper kit!

#17551 82 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I played a Queen at a show and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not enough to buy one though.

My wife and I did too. Just have only played it at shows (loud environment, usually rushed). Would love to get some quiet location time on it. Would be tempting at the right price, but I also don’t ever see them for sale.

#17560 82 days ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Got the Beacons and it didn't have any instructions. Where do I plug these things in?

Are you going to drill holes and screw yours down? Debating if I do that or just use some non-damaging 3M type of adhesive strip.

#17565 81 days ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Planning on it. Either way you have to drill at least 2 holes for the cord.

I saw a post on here where someone ran the cords through that top rear vents. Just snipped those a little and then fit the grommet in them.

#17572 81 days ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on Alien. Leaning towards RV and not LV. However, I can't find a lot of info or a feature chart anywhere.
I understand RV has new code but you can put that on the LV.. RV has a few Lior things and that's great but they are cosmetic.
My questions: Does RV have Invisiglass? A shaker? Why would I want an LV at this point? What exactly am I getting above the RV with LV.

No, RV does not have invisiglass or a shaker. It does have the following that the LV does not -

Ellen Ripley Translite
Metallic apron decal - $60
Lior mini screen - $239
Lior xeno-head - $239

You can add the shaker and the beacon topper, which come with the LV, for $150 each.

The LV also includes lit side blades. The RV has the same sideblades as the LV, but they are not lit. The LV is also powder coated, and it has the LV translite. Finally, the cabinet art on the LV and RV are different.

Personally, I think the RV is the one to go with.

#17584 81 days ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Man, I need to get some invisiglass.

Ya I plan to pick some up from Cointaker at a local show in April.

I believe my shaker is also in middle port. Please report back correct wiring for the beacons. I caved and ordered the mini kit this week too. Looks like we should be getting those in the next 2 weeks or so.

Quoted from Bmanpin:

That’s what I’m leaning towards right now. Getting close! Someone push me to the RV! Now, are these actively shipping or is there a delay? I can’t keep giving stern all my money, but they do turn out games faster than any anyone else.

Alien would be perfect in your lineup. PB has posted on FB about shipping containers of games heading out each week. Looks like they’re cranking these out. I can give you contact info for my distro (Mad Pinball) if you want to ask them about ETAs.

#17586 81 days ago

Congrats! Hope it’s not too long of a wait.

#17611 79 days ago

Anyone add BriteButtons to theres? Can I jump off the coindoor lights for 12VDC?

#17615 79 days ago

Thanks! Going with some orange ones to try to match the beacon lights.

#17622 77 days ago

Might have to borrow this idea too . Now if I had a bigger game room, I’d be really considering this to go with it..

https://mycollectorsoutpost.com/products/alien-egg-life-size-replica

#17627 77 days ago
Quoted from harbngr:

Joined the club yesterday!
[quoted image]

Welcome! Prepare for your other machines to get jealous.

Quoted from Bmanpin:

When did you order the RV? I'm just trying to gauge how long before mine arrives.
Also how is the lighting with Alien? Would one want to add spots or pukestadiums? On the darker side? Maybe that's intentional. Thoughts?

It is on the darker side, I have no issues seeing the ball though. Debating if I add any additional lighting. Might start with a trough light to see if that is enough to fill in the lower pf a bit. I really don't want to over do it and lose the intend ambiance.

#17629 77 days ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Another dumb question. Do you get 2 translites with the RV or is the one pictured above the included one? I see 2 on their web site.

The "deal" they had was that if you ordered before the end of 2023, you would receive both. Otherwise, the one shown above is the default.

#17634 77 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

It makes me wonder what really happened to the power loader translite. I remember when it was first shown to the public some pinsiders complained they didn't like it, thus probably forcing the hand of PB to change it to appease the few who complained. Personally, I liked the power loader one and now it seems I may never see it on my pin.

It exists, as mine did come with it. I'm sure you will receive it. I would stay on top of it though. Really, Zach is the one who should be tracking this and resolving it for you.

Here I posted it installed:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/344#post-7958213

#17652 76 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Also, when I had to replace my controller box, PB sent me this. Hopefully someone finds it helpful...
[quoted image]

Got my topper beacons installed. Followed this diagram. They weren’t working at first but found I had to go to Adjustments > Aliens > and set Disable Bescons to No.

I found during install that on the inside top of my RV backbox they half pre-drilled the holes for the beacon wires. I drilled them the rest of the way out and permanently mounted them for a factory install.

While messing around in the settings I saw there is an attract mode for SV, LV, and RV. Mine was set to SV. I changed to RV. Not sure of differences yet.

#17654 76 days ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Any pics of how the wires run thru the top of the backbox by chance? How did you mount the beacons? Curious what is included in the factory kit.
Thanks.

It comes with a template for the top of the box that you can use to mark the mount holes. Three holes to mount the light down on around its edges, and then a larger hole near the center to run wires through. But what I found was inside my backbox at the top, there was a 9/16 hole on either side that were half drilled through. They lined up with the template.

I drilled through those with a spade bit and then used thee template from the top to mark holes to hold the light down. Then just 3 wood screws (included) for each beacon to secure them.

Kit also came with nuts and bolts for each beacon. Not sure where they are needed. Wood screws seem to be fine.

Also I see what those different attract modes do. It’s so the image on LCD matches the translite art. Not sure why mine wasn’t set right but I’m definitely going to swap in main translite. Looks like a good match.

IMG_3798 (resized).jpegIMG_3798 (resized).jpeg
#17658 76 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

And interesting that there are different attract mode settings. Curious what they do?

I snuck what I found out about those at the end of my rant on the beacon install process..

Quoted from cookpins:

Also I see what those different attract modes do. It’s so the image on LCD matches the translite art. Not sure why mine wasn’t set right but I’m definitely going to swap in main translite. Looks like a good match.
[quoted image]

#17662 76 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Oh good stuff! Interesting...
How did the Cliffy install go?

Waiting for the mini flasher kit to arrive and then will install the cliffys along with those.

#17677 75 days ago

Attempting to reel this back on track...

What is this Lior Hyper sleep mod that someone mentioned on the last page. Is this another official mod he is doing for PB that has yet to be revealed? That back left corner definitely needs something instead of just the plastic.

#17685 75 days ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

For all the high praise given for the topper by PB, maybe it would be a time for them also to show a video of the topper in action?

There are a bunch of options for the topper in the flasher test menu. Should be a nice light show.

#17694 75 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

And then one night I had a large martini and was like, F it, I’m ordering that damn topper!
Assuming you all got your invoice via email?

Basically how I ended up with an RV. And every mod since.

#17698 75 days ago
Quoted from G35R6:

Swung by the actual store to pick up the face-hugger since I was 10 minutes from it.
They had the life size egg on display.[quoted image]

My facehugger is arriving tomorrow. The egg is so good. Did you get it?

#17702 75 days ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Here's my before and after Voodoo Glass pics. Better, but not worth $300.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing, now you have me giving second thoughts to picking some up at a show in a few months.

#17708 74 days ago

Found the NECA one for $60. Thanks again for a great idea. Seems like mine wasn’t stored in the best environment, as it’s a bit dried out. The center fingers would probably crack if I try to reposition them. I can make it work nonetheless. Curious how that Aliexpress one shows up.

IMG_3818 (resized).jpegIMG_3818 (resized).jpeg
#17712 74 days ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I painted the nerf gun and mounted it with an old lcd tv stand that slides into the magazine clip.[quoted image]

That’s awesome! I don’t have the room for that but love the concept. Might have to pickup that Nerf gun regardless.

#17738 73 days ago

I don’t notice any issues on my RE spinners, they rip just fine.

#17786 69 days ago

Opened a support ticket for my RV after noticing that the left Revive sensor in the outlane is not always registering.

#17795 68 days ago

Does any other manufactures have RGB lit star posts from factory? I really can’t recall but think it could be because I just never noticed. Was watching my wife play from a distance and they are such a nice touch.

#17804 66 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Opened a support ticket for my RV after noticing that the left Revive sensor in the outlane is not always registering.

Played more over the weekend and would consciously watch the outlane revives. They worked everytime. So it seems to just be very intermittent issue being cause by how the ball rolls over it, and not a sensor issue like I was concerned.

PB asked me for a video of it. I’ll probably just close the ticket for now and continue monitoring.

#17815 65 days ago

See my recent post where I rambled about
how I installed my beacons to get a factory install. Let me know if any questions and I can get better pics.

#17827 63 days ago

New code released. Reversing the staged flippers has been added. No mention of adding Bug Hunt text to mode start..

IMG_3871 (resized).jpegIMG_3871 (resized).jpeg

New firmware as well it looks -

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001131843?fbclid=IwAR3EttT-ue8vJ1h7jUuZ2thdwJ5uwDylDW-hIdPHdf2_8lbB8DCon8QYRnU

#17840 62 days ago
Quoted from billsgto:

If you're on the fence about getting the beacons, I highly recommend them. I think they really add to the game for certain modes. The shaker is pretty good, I hope they activate it more during gameplay in future codes.
[quoted image]

Agreed. Queens Nest is amazing. Can’t wait for the mini flasher kit to start shipping. Hoping any day now.

#17859 61 days ago

Would love an update that duplicates the main display to the airlock display during Ambush multiball. Showing the tracker. Currently it shows nothing during that mode.

#17896 58 days ago
Quoted from rainman154:

Thoughts on the Mini Beacons/ Flasher Kit that PB is offering? I've seen the short promo video of it. Anyone install it and have experience with it? Worth it? Good? Bad?
I just received an ERV and am going to get the shaker kit and beacons... I'm just not sold on the Mini/Flashers so curious as to others experience.

Hasn't shipped yet, but I ordered one for my EV. After I added the beacons topper, I wanted more! Definitely overpriced for what it is, but when I think of Alien I think of those lights in the end scenes of the movie.

#17919 56 days ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

My Ellen should be delivered today, scheduled 11-3, however FedEx tracking still shows it" on the way" had not been scanned at destination hub and placed out for delivery. Eyes are glued to the tracking screen

Good luck to you. FedEx has failed to deliver me anything on time lately (non-pins). Gets to my local distribution center and sits for days until they decide to finally deliver it.

#17923 56 days ago

Nice! Glad they didn't delay it.

#17929 55 days ago

I think I’m at 6.8 as well and will crank it to 7, maybe more. My Alien definitely doesn’t always ETB. I turned the magnet power up but still it seems like when it doesn’t catch the ball it is just going way to fast for it to be possible.

#17937 55 days ago

FYI, I pestered PBUSA about the mini beacon kit. They said they are en route to them and should be getting sent out to us next week.

#17941 55 days ago

Anyone have tips and tricks to share for high scores? My best is 99 million, but I probably average 5-10 million. I think mode completion is key, of which I'm usually 1-2 shots short of. I noticed last night getting a hypersleep ball locked was 5 million. Any other shots like that to go for? I need to read the rules some more maybe

#17945 55 days ago
Quoted from bcd:

Finishing modes is definitely key to big scores. Once you've done that, go for the bonus multipliers - your "scene bonus" is also multiplied
Hypersleep Multiball is also valuable, especially if you can stack it with Sentry Guns. When Sentry Guns MB is running, all multiball scoring is doubled (on top of any 2X multiplier running). Try to time your other multiballs to coincide with Sentry Guns if possible.
Use your weapons carefully. Learn what they do and when to use them.
The hypersleep ramp relights your left outlane revives and advances you towards 2X playfield. Even when lock is not lit, this shot can help you extend your ball times and boost scoring.

Thank you! On topic of revive lanes, last night I had 3 far left revives in a row not be detected. So frustrating, especially when it happens on ball 3. I am going to try adding some foam to the wall opposite of the sensor (below the apron) to try to ensure the balls passes over it properly.

#17948 55 days ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Do some testing first with rolling a ball over it in test mode to make sure it is registering properly. It could possibly be an issue with the board not always detecting it.

Yes, I need to definitely do this. I initially opened a ticket when I thought this was the issue, but then the next time I played all the balls registered. This last time, I think one of four or five did. Further testing to be done. Will share my findings here.

#17950 55 days ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

You do know that not the insert registers but the circle grapghic below? If it goes over the lit insert but then changes to the other exit it will not count. That’s intended.

Yes, I'm only counting balls that drain all the way through the far left lane.

#18034 50 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

Steep; I’m on the fence. The neon green outline looks sweet but they appear to alter the color of the art on the plastics. A bit of a stickler on this I suppose…

I'm debating the green too, but clear is always an option to still get the protection. I think the green looks good in the photos, but I already have a TNA with the green protectors and for some reason feel like these two polar opposite machines should not share any similarities in the look.

Wonder how an orange would look over the left ramp (to give a beacon light type of effect), keep green on the eggs, and the rest clear.

#18056 48 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

Well, I think I've narrowed my problem down to a bad optical switch on the Air Drop scoop. Basically what's happening is I can get in a few games, maybe 15 minutes, before the Air Lock scoop stops ejecting balls.
Doing some troubleshooting, it seems that the optical switch for the air drop scoop is failing. I'm not sure if it's a component overheating or some sort of other issue, but it seems I can test the switch using the Service --> Test --> Ball Devices --> Air Lock successively maybe 5 to 10 times and then the optical switch stops registering balls (showing a lower-case "o" on the test screen). If I wait maybe 10 to 15 minutes, I'll be able to test and repeat the same process; I'll get a few tests in before the switch stops registering again. My uneducated guess is the emitter portion of the optical switch is failing.
Can anyone please advise? Any further troubleshooting steps I might take? Is it time to option a support case with Pinball Brothers?

I’d open a ticket. I assume PB support had seen a lot more repeat issues than everyone here. You have some good initial troubleshooting info to provide them, hopefully they get it squared away quickly for you.

#18063 48 days ago

They are such different games.

In Jaws I feel like there's always many things going on, meaning, you have a higher chance of hitting a shot that does something for you. I think that's because it's constantly throwing different modes at you. Alien feels much more focused, you start a mode by hitting 3 shots, and then you have to hit the shots for that mode to be successful. Yes, there's other aspects, like adding an MB or using weapons, but it feels more linear to me. The rules kind of play more like a WMS game, while Jaws plays like other modern Sterns.

When it comes to the theme integration, and the use of movie assets, I think Alien wins out no question. Jaws just feels like chaos to me with the constant switching between video clips that are completely unrelated (this goes back to my comments about the rules). I think Alien is the best total package, but gameplay is going to be completely subjective to your preferences. If you can play both, definitely do that first.

I had Alien on order before Jaws was revealed, because I knew I'd appreciate the theme better. I'm happy I have it over Jaws, personally. I'm also not a huge fan of modern Sterns (own 0, but do play them on location to chase local IC scores).

Also, compare the differences in the LV and RV models. You might find you like the RV more and can save some $$$. I've detailed those here for someone else in a previous post.

#18064 48 days ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I was torn so I decided not to torture myself anymore and grab both.
In all honesty alien has been a bit of maintenance for me out of the box I had a July 2023 build if that matters but I finally have it working and dialed in perfectly thanks to the support from PB. I had rusty ramp flaps on all 3 reverse scoop included. Rusty service rails which don’t affect anything really. Issues with the Xeno head, ended up getting a new one.
PB support is amazing and responsive, and when you need something, they ship it extremely quickly assuming it’s in stock.
Two totally different games nothing similar about them other than the alien eats the ball…ha! I’m a theme whore but loving them
both equally right now in terms of gameplay.
[quoted image]

Where did you get that Pingulp on your Jaws? I'm looking for a good one for Alien. The Modfather one seems lazy to me. That one on Jaws looks very detailed and well done.

I have a great idea for one that I might try to make, but need to fix or replace my 3D printer first.

#18072 47 days ago

Well damn, ya Jaws is getting some love. Lots of options and they all look good.

#18077 47 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

Has anyone installed the mini-beacon and flasher kit? I’m considering this and wondering if my imagination is greater than what they actually are. Thanks.

Still waiting on it. Was hoping they’d come this week.

#18082 47 days ago

Word from PB is they were on a boat 2-3 weeks ago.

#18096 45 days ago

my ju ju bee wont eat the ballie. ideas?

Ever? Sometimes? Wrong machine?

Mine doesn’t at times but when it happens it seems like it’s physically impossible because the ball is going so fast. I turned my magnet up a bit though. 10-15% I believe.

#18130 43 days ago

They’re definitely on a boat already. But that was the case 3 weeks ago now.

#18141 42 days ago

Received the mini flasher set today. Can't wait to install it. Already received the beacons and shaker, so just waiting on the topper now.

Nice! I've already received and installed my shaker and beacons, and am just waiting on the mini flasher. You are first I've seen here confirm delivery. Hopefully mine is enroute! For the shaker I got a USPS notification, for the beacons I got nothing. Did you receive any shipping notice?

#18227 38 days ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Does the RV have a lot of airballs off the ramps? Is that deflector mod needed? I just traded for one, ha. Very excited two wide bodies in my collection now.

I rarely have air balls, but they have happened. I’m in on the next run of that mod because I like that the lit signs help new players to the game know what shots they need to make to light the air lock.

#18237 38 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

Would an LV owner be willing to share how the side walls are illuminated? In the RE version, there appears to be the cutouts in the cabinet to where presumably a light kit would go. I’m wondering if it’s possible to add a light strip. Could you also share where the lights are connected on the machine. Thank you in advance or for your consideration.

Really, there is a channel there? Last time I saw an LV I inspected the lit side rails and it looked like it was nothing more than a recessed light strip.

#18246 38 days ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

The LV lighted art blades are recessed within the cabinet with a plexiglass glass overlay. The light illuminates from the bottom. If there isn’t plexiglass over the RV artblades it’s most likely not recessed.

The RV sideblades do have the plexiglass, what I believe they do not have is the cuts for the lights to shine threw. Otherwise, it sounds like everything else needed is there?

#18260 38 days ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Here’s a pic of how LV lighting is. The lighting is at the bottom of the plexiglass and illuminated upward. There is a channel below so if you do indeed install a led strip you’ll prob have to channel it out for the playfield. In all honesty if you’re buying the RV it’s prob just better to install some pinstadiums and put it at the lowest setting. Not sure it’s worth the hassle of taking out the playfield and dremiling out a recess on a brand new game.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing! I agree, dremeling your own channel on this would be a job not worth undertaking. I thought someone said that this channel already exists on the RV? If that was the case, further review is valid.

I'll probably end up just making some DIY pinstadiums for mine, with the intent of keeping them on a very dim setting.

#18291 36 days ago

I'm going to keep an eye on these. He said the forthcoming Pro model will allow some customization for tighter integration with specific games.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinlights-interactive-playfield-lighting-for-179-free-us-shipping#post-8086609

#18317 36 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Maybe the head bolts?

Under the backbox from inside the cabinet I was able to screw one of them in to further secure the backbox beyond just the latch. Had issues with the other hole, think threads were installed wrong. Posted about it several pages back, should be able to search me and find it.

#18330 36 days ago

They've been saying any day now for going on 4 weeks

#18403 33 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

I’m on the fence on purchasing the mini-beacon add-on kit. Can someone share their experience and pics with them? Thank you!

Almost no one has them yet. I've seen one person here post that they have received it, and have not seen an update that they've installed it yet. Going on a 5 weeks now from when PB last told me they are shipping any day. At this point I think there's an issue with shipping that they've not disclosed, whether it's with getting out or being held in customs state side.

That being said, check this video from PB that highlights them reacting to different ball paths

#18411 33 days ago
Quoted from Harvester:

Thank you this is helpful. I believe the situation of the Houthis harassing ships IVO the Red Sea has disrupted international shipping. The flashers look cool with a similar pattern as GZ. I just wonder if it’s too much of a good thing with the topper beacons (pin looking like a solar flare). Also helpful to see the kit in the box. I was curious on how these installed, some pics I’ve seen appear to be janky in how the plastic light brackets just attach on top of the existing plastics; look a bit JV IMO. Then, how’s the wiring stowed in the truss and shooter lane? Many questions I know, but my process for anything over 2 c-notes.

They give you brand new set of plastics with the beacons mounted to them. Install instructions have been released

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001134427-how-to-install-flasher-kit

Th

#18419 32 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks everyone.
I need one more additional favor. I am trying to arrange to pick up my game but need to know how tall it is with the head folded down so I can be sure it fits in my car.
Can anyone tell me the height from bottom of cab to the backbox when folded for transport?
Hoping for 31" or less anything over and I am sort of stuck.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/22#post-6333007

#18422 32 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Correct me if I am wrong but that is not the dimension I need. The are all the dimensions of the actual cabinet and head on their own.
I need the game with the head folded down for transport. Then I need to know the height from the bottom of the base cabinet to highest point which is technically the back of the head.
Should be around 31" hopefully less.
Thanks.

Figured you could math it up from those. I got 30 1/4”.

#18448 31 days ago

Mine has dimpled a lot.

#18455 30 days ago

To those who have received your mini beacon and flasher kit, would you mind sharing your order date?

Very odd to see 2 who have received there’s here so far. I’d think we’d see a flood.

#18459 30 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You can really tell the people who haven't read the thread. Silently waiting for your stuff to surprisingly arrive with no indication is the norm. That hasn't changed since day 1. It's coming from overseas. It will be here, eventually. Fortunately, replacement parts are much quicker.

I’m very actively involved in this thread and have read every post since the RV was announced. As well as actively contributed to providing many answers for new comers when I could’ve just been a dick, like you are, and criticized them instead.

I’m aware of shipping constraints and I’m only showing some impatience as PB has been knowingly stringing everyone along for 5 weeks now instead of being honest. If I felt like it I could give a detailed timeline of dates they’ve provided responses to shipping updates requests, which are showing at this point to be pure at this point.

#18461 30 days ago
Quoted from brado426:

I ordered pretty soon after they were for sale and just received mine today. Excited to install!

Appreciate the response. I held off and ordered a month or so late. This helps, thanks!

Quoted from hollyw00d:

Got my beacon kit installed. Is the back right the only beacon that is on during attract mode?
[quoted image]

Can’t answer the attract question, but can say it looks awesome! Really like the extra splash of color it adds. Thanks for sharing.

#18462 30 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not trying to be a dick, just putting it out there. The RV is new, you gotta go back way before then. I'm just setting expectations so people aren't worried, because it's just the standard with PB. The other thing to know is don't listen to your distro on timelines.

I waited a year to get my Pulp Fiction without making a peep. I’m patient when my expectations are not misaligned like PB has done due to multiple updates they’ve given me on this add-on. True, I have no clue on prior history (which I was aware of with CGC). I got my RV a month after ordering without any down payment. The bar was set high!

Not worried. I know they’ll deliver. Sorry. Just wish I wasn’t told anyday now 5 weeks ago.

#18470 30 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Ordered the beacons and mini beacon/flasher kits on Jan 25th. Both arriving tomorrow, March 27th.
Surprised that you give PF as an example of the manufacture properly setting your expectations. I also ordered a PF and I’d say the experience is about the same as Alien mods. PF started shipping months later than the timing expectations originally set when announced. People who knew CGC history expected them to take longer but not because of any communication from CGC or Play Mechanix on their official channels. At least PB posted on social media when things were on the boat and that if you ordered multiple items they were waiting to ship all at the same time.

CGC set expectations by saying nothing.

PB told us on FB 5 weeks ago that the topper and flasher kits were in a boat and on the way. Based on how things went with my machine, it took less than 2 weeks to get from Italy to my door. I guess the caveat is these are shipping out of Israel. Obviously some reasons for delays there, but my point being they said 5 weeks ago they were traversing the ocean. So everyone acting like we are still waiting for them to leave port, that is not the case based on PB.

Funny how people comment on stuff when they didn't read all the posts on this thread to get up to date.

#18474 30 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Again, ignore anything anyone tells you unless you talked to support. Because history is there....dates mean nothing. Doesn't matter what they post. Once the stuff is on the boat it is out of their hands. Could be today, could be weeks or months. :/

:mic drop:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18491 30 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Again, ignore anything anyone tells you unless you talked to support.

*shares email from support*

#18500 30 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Let me rephrase. By support I mean you have issues and they are sending you parts. They are VERY responsive and fast when doing that.
Ordered parts (out of country)....not so much. If they are headed out as he stated, if they are going by air you could have them in days...if by ship it could be weeks/months.

Fair, thanks for clarifying.

#18506 29 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Personally, I feel the theme was a miss for Queen.
If they dont start getting good themes, they wont be around for long. Alien is a huge theme, fans span across many generations. Queen and Abba, not so much.

Seems like a huge miss to not follow up a hit like Alien with a theme that would speak to your existing customer base. On the other hand, those other themes are a way to expand the customer base.

#18539 28 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Could someone please post a picture of where the beacons plug in? I’ve got them installed on the backbox but there are mo instructions on where to plug them in. I assume I’m missing something obvious but I give up searching online for it. (New beacon kit on RV)

This helped me

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/352#post-8012866

#18548 28 days ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Maybe I’ve got a super limited “Moon Crater” edition

Mine looks like this as well at 250 plays. If only I wasn’t too lazy to initially have spent the few hours needed to have on a pf protector. At this point, thinking keep the lights low and hope it smooths out by 2k plays.

I will add, I have a pulp fiction next to it and can’t find a single dimple. It probably has 100-125 plays, but I saw these show up on Alien after a few dozen. Shame.

#18594 24 days ago
Quoted from gameroomfan:

Recently completed a transaction on an LV, although not in my possession yet. Not too soon to think about mods, however.
The mini flasher kit is a go for me, but don’t know enough about the apron decal kit. Before placing a combined order from PB, interested in feedback on the apron decal from owners who installed it.
thanks!

I like it. It’s a sticker, but it’s thicker and has textured decal and some metallic sheen to it. Looks good in person.

#18597 24 days ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Hey Alien pinball folks - thought you may appreciate. Met many of the crew of the Sulaco and Newt during a recent horror con in Vegas. Had them sign the custom Alien Apron from Evolution Mods.
Came out pretty cool I thought. Didn't get everyone - but met Frost, Hicks (Michael Bieihn), Newt, Vasquez, and Gorman
Everyone was cool, particularly Frost, (Ricco Ross), Hicks and Vasquez (Jeanette Goldstein).
cheers!
- Brandon
[quoted image]

Awesome

#18618 22 days ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I hated the dimples so much I purchased a new playfield and had kruzman do his magic....plays super fast...
[quoted image]

After how long of ownership, and how many plays did you do this? My head spins thinking about the time and dollars spent on this for a title that was semi-recently released.

#18656 16 days ago

Is it a crossover cable? That is still the same Ethernet that you’d use for patching, but it’s terminated differently to allow for device to device communication.

#18662 15 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Are you aware of how much that would cost?? Delays happen, especially in current times.

Less than it cost to ship the initial RE machines they air shipped in December.

#18666 15 days ago

Good news for those waiting on the mini flasher kit still. They are shipping them daily from the PB USA distribution center.

#18671 15 days ago

A buddy sent me this, I wasn't aware of it

https://aliens-expanded.com/

Who's going for Executive Producer?

#18692 13 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Just a follow-up email with an update of what’s going on would go a long way.

Someone mentioned their marketing person recently left (looking at the ABBA launch so far, who'd of guessed that...), and that's who was running their FB. That's unfortunate as they were doing a great job at providing updates.

My mini flasher kit is arriving today, so I'm good

#18733 8 days ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Someone mentioned their marketing person recently left (looking at the ABBA launch so far, who'd of guessed that...), and that's who was running their FB. That's unfortunate as they were doing a great job at providing updates.
My mini flasher kit is arriving today, so I'm good

My mini flasher kit has been lost somewhere in a local post office for the past 4 days

#18736 8 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

LED beacons just don't compare to real rotating beacons.
http://www.jkcosta.net/videos/Alien_Topper_Beacons.mp4[quoted image]

They're cool for sure, but I like having mine on in attract mode and the noise is a no-go for me. I'll say the LED ones used by PB look just find compared to the real rotating beacon on my TNA next to it. I needed the low profile due to ceiling height anyway so I didn't have a choice myself.

#18741 8 days ago
Quoted from DigitalJedi084:

I was pretty surprised to get some AliExpress beacons. At least take them out of the box before you ship them!

Ya, that irked me a little too. Obviously they re-wired them but at least make me feel like I’m not overpaying by 5x.

#18757 6 days ago

Received my flasher kits today. Just waiting on the topper so that Alien bitch can wag its thrasher tail at me!!!

Got mine too after a week delay due to USPS. I’ve got two mods and a Cliffy set to install, yet after playing tonight I got the urge to order one or two more…

#18767 6 days ago

Any update one if Lior is doing a hypersleep mod? I’m sure at this point it wouldn’t be until next year if he is, but I feel like once I get all my mods installed that will be the one area of this beautiful machine that’s missing something extra.

#18769 6 days ago

I do, and will go that route if I can find some confirmation that Lior isn't working on one

#18784 4 days ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Had an awesome game today 1.23b played through the majority of the game on ball 2 and almost got to all out war a second time with the extra balls and ball 3. Whom ever coded this game did a fantastic job!

Wow. Never thought about scoring on this one hitting the billions. Still chasing me 100m high score I got early one. One more game…!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cookpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club?tu=cookpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.