awesome1 AIQ Leaderboard 4-21-2024 Stern Insider Connected.PNG
awesome1 AIQ Leaderboard 4-2024 Activity Stern Insider Connected.jpg
12 Billion AIQ Pinball Grand Champion awesome1.JPG
IMG_1998 (resized).jpeg
awesome1 Thanos Attacks! Champion 362 Million (resized).JPG
IMG_1989 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 256.
#12401 4 months ago

Does anyone have any interest in this shooter plate? Came with my game but it doesn’t fit with my new powder coating color. Nothing wrong with it but may need some new double sided tape added when installing. Pm me if interested, thinking $20 shipped would be a fair deal but open to offers.

41CAE4E4-437D-4FE7-B38F-F6EE7629A5F9 (resized).jpeg41CAE4E4-437D-4FE7-B38F-F6EE7629A5F9 (resized).jpeg
#12402 4 months ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

Thanks! I typically don't sell the mods. I'm not really in to the production side of things, but I'd be glad to share the 3D print file so you can make your own.

Yes. Please share your stl file.

#12403 4 months ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

Thanks! I typically don't sell the mods. I'm not really in to the production side of things, but I'd be glad to share the 3D print file so you can make your own.

That would be super appreciated indeed. I was actually looking at options on Thingiverse, funny enough could not find an infinity gauntlet with the fist closed, all were with the fingers extended.

Your Avenger tower orientation is pretty neat, did not think of that

Did you start looking into the sanctum ?

#12404 4 months ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

I've been thinking of options to counterweight the precision pinball metal Dr. Strange disk, which because it's so frictionless always comes to rest with the post down as opposed to the standard plastic disk which can have the post stop in all sorts of random positions. I love the spinning disk mod, but would like to reproduce the random final resting state of the disk so the post isn't guaranteed to be in the way of shooting the Sanctum target for instance. Your Dr. Strange logo on top of the disk would be perfect to help in this project, so if you can share the STL file that would be great!

#12405 4 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

That would be super appreciated indeed. I was actually looking at options on Thingiverse, funny enough could not find an infinity gauntlet with the fist closed, all were with the fingers extended.
Your Avenger tower orientation is pretty neat, did not think of that
Did you start looking into the sanctum ?

Ashram56, thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely think about it, a great idea.
For me, I prefer not to block the view of the ball on the playfield (unless it hides the metal where ramps end or balls come out.

I did this on a Stern Jurassic Park "Hide". #19592 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/392#post-7805274

#12406 4 months ago
Quoted from Bacondaddy:

I've been thinking of options to counterweight the precision pinball metal Dr. Strange disk, which because it's so frictionless always comes to rest with the post down as opposed to the standard plastic disk which can have the post stop in all sorts of random positions. I love the spinning disk mod, but would like to reproduce the random final resting state of the disk so the post isn't guaranteed to be in the way of shooting the Sanctum target for instance. Your Dr. Strange logo on top of the disk would be perfect to help in this project, so if you can share the STL file that would be great!

Bacondaddy, thanks for the compliment!
Unfortunately, my Strange logo was designed to be as light as possible so not to impact the maximum spin.
But, your idea makes a lot of functional sense. What I would do is remove the spinning disk (easy, 1 nut and hold the rod on the flat spot, you'll see).
Then tape pennies or nickels to the bottom side of the spinning disk to get the right amount of counter weight.
For example, so you don't block the Sanctum target, I would tape the coins at 8 o clock with the post at 4 o clock from the view point of playing the pin.
Once the weight is determined, I think a short screw and stacked washers attached to the underside of the disk would work.
But, this will really change the disk RPM if a concern.

If you do it, post pics!

#12408 4 months ago

Has anyone ever attempted to retrofit this toy Infinity Gauntlet into their machine?!

https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Endgame-Infinity-Gauntlet-Replicas/dp/B07RLK4S36

The size seems like it could potentially work with some adjustments (it's about 7.5 inches tall) but I'm thinking some of the glove could be cut off at the bottom to possibly fit around the ramp and surrounding area. If the fingers articulate then I think it'd be even easier, but I haven't confirmed if they can move yet (my guess is they don't). It'd have to be gutted of course to try and get the Stern board inside it as well, but it feels like it could be doable. That is of course all guesswork on my end since I'e never seen the damn thing in-person yet!

#12409 4 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Has anyone ever attempted to retrofit this toy Infinity Gauntlet into their machine?!
https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Endgame-Infinity-Gauntlet-Replicas/dp/B07RLK4S36
The size seems like it could potentially work with some adjustments (it's about 7.5 inches tall) but I'm thinking some of the glove could be cut off at the bottom to possibly fit around the ramp and surrounding area. If the fingers articulate then I think it'd be even easier, but I haven't confirmed if they can move yet (my guess is they don't). It'd have to be gutted of course to try and get the Stern board inside it as well, but it feels like it could be doable. That is of course all guesswork on my end since I'e never seen the damn thing in-person yet!

I’ve only seen someone use that as a topper.

#12410 4 months ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

Watch here: https://youtube.com/watch/WQkccyqWTs0
Order Here: https://www.interactivepinball.com/
Upgrade your Avengers Infinity Quest Pro with the AIQ Teamup Ramp. This ramp set integrates ball paths from the premium into the pro. The first shot being Captain Marvel where you’re able to shoot the ball through the spinner, up the ramp and back to your right flipper just like in the premium. The second ball path changes the standup Antman target into a ramp that returns the ball to your right flipper. Similar to the Antman VUK in the premium. This Antman ramp has an integrated switch and even though it is a difficult shot, the switch will register even if the ball only goes halfway up the ramp. This kit comprises of engineered components that are easy to install and are non-damaging to your playfield but require a small cut to your black panther plastic as seen in the images. If you choose to, your game can fully revert to the original without a trace of the AIQ teamup ramp ever being installed.
This kit includes all hardware necessary for the installation with detailed instructions.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that is awesome!! Way to address the only downsides to the Pro with this mod! I don't like the fact you lose another combo shot with a ramp in the pro version, so it ruins the flow. This mod keeps that flow intact!! Is there another version on the horizon that looks more factory, maybe with normal sized piano wire/wire forms to match the rest of the game? If it matched better, i'd snag one asap!!

#12411 4 months ago

I’m bias but I think this is my favorite powder coat color so far! I leaned into the gold accents and the gold mirror blades look incredible in this game. Pretty damn pleased with how it’s coming together!

ED176F5D-F68B-4556-995E-32C4FA39C393 (resized).jpegED176F5D-F68B-4556-995E-32C4FA39C393 (resized).jpegE1E0A9F6-0674-412C-9EFA-DDBE0BBEFE68 (resized).jpegE1E0A9F6-0674-412C-9EFA-DDBE0BBEFE68 (resized).jpeg247465E9-4400-4919-B6C0-3A9696ED0B8A (resized).jpeg247465E9-4400-4919-B6C0-3A9696ED0B8A (resized).jpegE0122D84-A2FE-414A-BBD5-F919EF657139 (resized).jpegE0122D84-A2FE-414A-BBD5-F919EF657139 (resized).jpeg3C076275-E5AE-4DE0-B2EE-471E0CB15E83 (resized).jpeg3C076275-E5AE-4DE0-B2EE-471E0CB15E83 (resized).jpeg5124BAA0-9E53-43BD-8657-4DFEFC6F4B27 (resized).jpeg5124BAA0-9E53-43BD-8657-4DFEFC6F4B27 (resized).jpegC42D605A-665F-480C-8EDE-1F67D0827F9B (resized).jpegC42D605A-665F-480C-8EDE-1F67D0827F9B (resized).jpeg
#12412 4 months ago

Nice AIQ! Mine has the same color P-C and it is a great choice.
Nice Thanos, btw. Where's the gauntlet? Are you in the process of modding that?

#12413 4 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I’m bias but I think this is my favorite powder coat color so far! I leaned into the gold accents and the gold mirror blades look incredible in this game. Pretty damn pleased with how it’s coming together!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome attention to detail. I love how the color seems to change perfectly with different light/angles (unless I'm seeing things) to blend with the overall artwork. What powder coat code (if you don't mind) did you go with? I'm also curious about the gauntlet.

On a side note, has anyone successfully fitted the PYM mod with Pinstadiums yet? I'm scratching my head lately over that.

I'm thinking about cutting/extending my Pinstadiums in that area to fit, but I've yet to "hack" into a Pinstadium strip to see how solderable they are; or what other option could be better. Unfortunately I must have both (somehow), and don't want to waste any part of either.

#12414 4 months ago

I just removed the Pym building that was in mine in order to get the Pinstadiums in. I felt like it blocked the view a bit too much and it rubs up against the mirror blades as well, so it was an easy decision to remove it.

The color I used was called Illusion Violet from Prismatic Powders: https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PSS-4514/illusion-violet

And yeah, my gauntlet is out at the moment getting painted. I got sent pics today of the progress and while it is certainly an upgrade I'm still not sure I'll keep it. I keep thinking there's gotta be a way to get a more realistic looking model back there, so plan to play around with that idea some more.

#12415 4 months ago

What's on everyone's wishlist for a firmware update if there's a new CE? The trend has been to make the ruleset more forgiving.

- replay gems
- Thanos attacks doesn't take a gem
- more outline saves

#12416 4 months ago

I would like to see Adam Warlock in the game since he’s on the playfield.

#12417 4 months ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

What's on everyone's wishlist for a firmware update if there's a new CE? The trend has been to make the ruleset more forgiving.
- replay gems
- Thanos attacks doesn't take a gem
- more outline saves

Yeah the lack of any kind of outlane save on this game is kind of strange (get it). Not sure if you know but if you collect the soul gem you can replay a failed gem quest.

#12418 4 months ago

Code is fine as is, I'd like to see improvements to the theme integration really. Animations, callouts, music. That's all this game needs.

#12419 4 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Code is fine as is, I'd like to see improvements to the theme integration really. Animations, callouts, music. That's all this game needs.

Did you try the comic book code or movie code mods that are out there?

#12420 4 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I've got Spider 's movie/sound code. Big improvement over Stern animations, IMO. But I agree that the ruleset is great as-is. This is just what AIQ is: a game in which it really means something when you get into a mode (gem quest). I've gone from having a "good game" being getting one gem, to it being normal to get two gems, to it being normal now to get four gems. I still haven't gotten six, but gettin' close, baby! Maybe this Christmas break as I'll play AIQ at least once a day for ten days straight. Can't wait!

I just love this game more and more.

#12421 4 months ago

Found inside machine?
I'm not really sure what it is?

20231220_085136 (resized).jpg20231220_085136 (resized).jpg20231220_085140 (resized).jpg20231220_085140 (resized).jpg
#12422 4 months ago

Looks like an end of stroke switch actuator. Attached to the flipper shaft. You’ll need to order a new one.

#12423 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Found inside machine?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from tullster:

Looks like an end of stroke switch actuator. Attached to the flipper shaft. You’ll need to order a new one.

The part comes in a left and a right version, so make sure you order the correct one.

#12424 4 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I've got my own code for it. Stern should do better as this game deserves it. Shouldn't need mods.

#12425 4 months ago
Quoted from tullster:

Thanks!

#12426 4 months ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

What's on everyone's wishlist for a firmware update if there's a new CE?

I don't think AIQ will ever get another code update but if it did i'd love to see...

Better callouts and animation
The spider and comic code really help with this, but i worry that stern is going to be putting out a lot more code updates in the future (ads) and it will be really hard to keep special code up to date. Also non-home users would appreciate better callouts as well.

Defeat Thanos is a little too easy compared to getting there and anti-climactic
Getting to Thanos was really hard but beating Thanos was actually easier for me than beating Thanos Attacks.
It was a bit of a let down when i was looking for a real challenge.

And if you have all gems it's even more anti-climactic: (ending from awesome)

I would rather the gems provide benefits while you are fighting thanos to turn an insanely hard fight to a more manageable fight.

Thanos Attacks should be more rewarding and have more variety in shots

• Since thanos attacks steals a gem it would be nice for it to be more lucrative. I think it should be a press your luck type mode for big rewards including points, avenger levels, computer awards, portal locks, etc.
  • More variety in shots: instead of always a repeat of the same 3 shots, the shots should be similar to the shots you normally make in the mode or a horde like mode where the shots get "closer" until you are defeated.

Captain Marvel level up for Pro machines
The code should work the same for both the pro and premium so we can both level up captain marvel and add that extra layer of strategy.

More Gem Placement Flexibility and quality of life changes
A lot of gems don't really work well on certain avengers. It would be cool if they added some code to have more robust usage for each gem so they would be more applicable to more avengers and have more variety in strategies.

• time gem: it would be cool to extend shot timers for the relevant shot as well for shots like hulk gamma ray or capt marvel hurry up
  • space gem: it would cool if you could also move shot locations for the mode. So if you have a hard time hitting the hulk shot or captain marvel shot you could use the space gem to switch the shot 1 spot over to black panther or black widow, etc.
  • quality of life for drops: putting a gem on the drops should reset before each mode (with a lower benefit) so you don't have to bother with change gems to get benefits

Additional/Harder Soul Gem
Personally i feel Soul Gem mode is too safe and i would like the hard mode/or an additional harder soul gem mode where if you fail you lose your ball.
I'm probably in the minority on this one though...

#12427 4 months ago
Quoted from Maniac227:

Personally i feel Soul Gem mode is too safe and i would like the hard mode/or an additional harder soul gem mode where if you fail you lose your ball.

Hahah... I have yet to successfully complete Soul Gem mode on its normal settings. I can't imagine making it harder. <facepalm>

#12428 4 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Hahah... I have yet to successfully complete Soul Gem mode on its normal settings. I can't imagine making it harder. <facepalm>

Don't worry man, you'll get it!

#12429 4 months ago
Quoted from Maniac227:

I would rather the gems provide benefits while you are fighting thanos to turn an insanely hard fight to a more manageable fight.

This was actually in older code. It was dropped in version 1.00. But before that, there was a whole section in the Stern rulesheet about each of the gem perks for fighting Thanos and anti-perks if he has them. Like, I remember Mind Gem's anti-perk was that shots don't unlight when you hit them so you have to remember which ones you hit. I reached that playing on location a few times before v1.00 and saw some of it, though I didn't know the game all that well to maximize the knowledge. I guess it was all dropped for simplicity (the regular gem powers are complicated enough), but there's some alternate universe where those effects still exist.

#12430 4 months ago
Quoted from Maniac227:

A lot of gems don't really work well on certain avengers. It would be cool if they added some code to have more robust usage for each gem so they would be more applicable to more avengers and have more variety in strategies.

This is one aspect of the game I'm still struggling to grasp, mind sharing your typical strategies for gem placements and why?! I'm a relatively new owner and digging the game, but I'm basically throwing gems all over the place and hoping for the best!

#12431 4 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

This is one aspect of the game I'm still struggling to grasp, mind sharing your typical strategies for gem placements and why?! I'm a relatively new owner and digging the game, but I'm basically throwing gems all over the place and hoping for the best!

Some of the tutorials and gameplay on YouTube offer help on this but even among the “expert” players there is disagreement on where and how to optimize gems. Players don’t even always have the same order in which they collect them. I’ve pretty much settled on Time-Mind-Power-Reality-Space (obviously Soul just comes along when qualified).

#12432 4 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

The intro course (and based on my personal preference) from a so-so player

I put Mind Gem (spot shots) or Soul Gem (complete mode points) on Black Widow Ramp
Since Black Widow Ramp is the most common shot for me and the bonuses for either of these gems get awesome as black widow levels up (Mind gem spots more shots and Soul Gem gets more and more points if you complete a quest)

I put the Power Gem (level up avenger) on Black Panther
I do this to level up Black Panther (and keep him leveled) so that the combo shot timer is always lengthened which will make it easier to get combos and result in more portal locks.
A strong second option is to place on Captain Marvel to level her up or just to get more Captain Marvel hurry ups/awards.
The Pros switch the Power Gem around to each avenger they want to level up to get the avengers assemble! faster.

I put the Time Gem (increase timer) on the drops
I do this because i hit the drops often enough to increase the timers enough, and I want to use "real shots" on better gems.

I put the Reality Gem (2x points) on whichever shot i like to cash out the most
My favorite shot to make points on is the Captain America shot (shield bonus combo shot) so i usually put it there.
Other options include Captain Marvel for more valuable hurry ups or Hulk for better gamma ray scoring (and Space Gem mode scoring)

Space Gem
I usually place this in an out of the way spot since i don't use it much and usually get it at the end of the game

Better and more in depth thread
I think this thread might be a little too in depth but i remember it being pretty good:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-for-dummies-complete-tutorial-stream-and-flashcards

awesome1 and @eaglepin. Edit: forgot vikingerik
They have also both posted some great gem strategies that are both good for basic and for advanced strats, but i wasn't able to find them with a quick search but they are in this thread somewhere...

#12433 4 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

This was actually in older code. It was dropped in version 1.00. But before that, there was a whole section in the Stern rulesheet about each of the gem perks for fighting Thanos and anti-perks if he has them. Like, I remember Mind Gem's anti-perk was that shots don't unlight when you hit them so you have to remember which ones you hit. I reached that playing on location a few times before v1.00 and saw some of it, though I didn't know the game all that well to maximize the knowledge. I guess it was all dropped for simplicity (the regular gem powers are complicated enough), but there's some alternate universe where those effects still exist.

That would have been really interesting. Bummed it was scrapped.
I can see how the "feels bad" could get a bit much when thanos has all the gems but they should have at least included the perks of having a gem during the battle intact.

#12434 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Found inside machine?
[quoted image][quoted image]

EOS actuator. Exact same piece broke off of my upper flipper.

#12435 4 months ago
Quoted from Maniac227:

I don't think AIQ will ever get another code update but if it did i'd love to see...
Better callouts and animation
The spider and comic code really help with this, but i worry that stern is going to be putting out a lot more code updates in the future (ads) and it will be really hard to keep special code up to date. Also non-home users would appreciate better callouts as well.
Defeat Thanos is a little too easy compared to getting there and anti-climactic
Getting to Thanos was really hard but beating Thanos was actually easier for me than beating Thanos Attacks.
It was a bit of a let down when i was looking for a real challenge.
And if you have all gems it's even more anti-climactic: (ending from awesome)
Thanos Attacks should be more rewarding and have more variety in shots

Since thanos attacks steals a gem it would be nice for it to be more lucrative. I think it should be a press your luck type mode for big rewards including points, avenger levels, computer awards, portal locks, etc.
More variety in shots: instead of always a repeat of the same 3 shots, the shots should be similar to the shots you normally make in the mode or a horde like mode where the shots get "closer" until you are defeated.

Captain Marvel level up for Pro machines
The code should work the same for both the pro and premium so we can both level up captain marvel and add that extra layer of strategy.
More Gem Placement Flexibility and quality of life changes

time gem: it would be cool to extend shot timers for the relevant shot as well for shots like hulk gamma ray or capt marvel hurry up
space gem: it would cool if you could also move shot locations for the mode. So if you have a hard time hitting the hulk shot or captain marvel shot you could use the space gem to switch the shot 1 spot over to black panther or black widow, etc.
quality of life for drops: putting a gem on the drops should reset before each mode (with a lower benefit) so you don't have to bother with change gems to get benefits

Additional/Harder Soul Gem

I like your list. I agree that the beat Thanos mode is super anti climatic when you have all the gems. You get a billion but so what? I want a fight

Soul Gem I like as a mode but I do wish the shots were randomized a bit. These days if I have a mind gem it's worth 150-200 mil and is super easy.

#12436 4 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

If you're just trying to reach Thanos, do this:

Mind Gem first, put it on Black Widow, she's the easiest to bring to level 1 and 2 frequently for the better uses of the gem. Make sure you read the rules and actually fully understand how this gem power works.

Power Gem on Black Panther, he's the hardest to level and also has the most important level-1 power to keep active (longer combo timers.)

Soul Gem anywhere (easiest is the drops) - but then when Thanos Attacks happens, hit the Soul Gem and trap up and then intentionally time out the mode to let him have it. This is better than risking losing a ball trying to complete Thanos Attacks, since you can win the Soul Gem back in other ways (score a super in Black Order MB or win Battle Royale, or actually you don't need it at all to reach Thanos.)

Next quest depends on the state of the Mind Gem at that moment. If it's low or level-2, do Reality Gem next (if it's level-2, complete Reality in one hit of the mind gem.) Reality can go anywhere, the Captain Marvel ramp is fine.

When Mind Gem is at level 1, do the Time Gem quest, and use the three Mind Gem booms for all three drop target hits. Time can go anywhere, either drops or Captain America is fine.

Space Gem last and goes wherever is left. (Do not chase the Space Gem's power, it never works out, any complicated thing you're trying to do by moving the gems around is easier to just directly shoot whatever you're trying to do instead.)

#12437 4 months ago

Great discussion!

I agree on the animations and the call-outs, the weakest part of this title IMO. The layout totally rocks, though. It would be great if the screen told you the current mode multiplyer (1X, 2X or 3X) both when the gem mode starts, and ongoing….sometimes I’m not sure if I brought in IMMB or Thor MB in time, until I get to victory laps (or not).

I agree that Thanos Attacks can be a huge bummer when you drain AND lose a gem. I think someone suggested something along the lines of a risk/reward decision….great idea! Maybe you could choose to give up a gem to appease him and avoid timing it out (which I hate to do, on any machine).

If Thanos attacks when I have 3 gems ( or more) the i sometimes think about trapping up and timing out. But with 2 gems or less I always fight him to try snatching one from him….seems like a reasonable risk to me.

Some other more minor tweaks….

Some way to earn additional Flank Attacks

Space gem….everyone’s last choice. Instead of moving all the gems one slot to the right, maybe hitting the Space gem shot could qualify Change Gems? Also, increase the time the pops are boosted after a successful attack during the mode, it’s way too short!
I’ve had this game for 3 years and I still love it. I installed the aluminum disc with the bearings so it spins very freely, but as others have pointed out it always comes to rest at the 6 o’clock position. I wonder if I took out the bearings if it would spin less but not always block tha sanctum and the inner loop…can anyone attest?

#12438 4 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

It would be great if the screen told you the current mode multiplyer (1X, 2X or 3X) both when the gem mode starts, and ongoing….sometimes I’m not sure if I brought in IMMB or Thor MB in time, until I get to victory laps (or not).

Oh man, totally forgot about the current multiplier!
Definitely one of my biggest wishlist items, and has to be a pretty easy one to get done.

#12439 4 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I agree on the animations and the call-outs, the weakest part of this title IMO. The layout totally rocks, though. It would be great if the screen told you the current mode multiplyer (1X, 2X or 3X) both when the gem mode starts, and ongoing….sometimes I’m not sure if I brought in IMMB or Thor MB in time, until I get to victory laps (or not).

You can tell by the ball count. Thor adds 1 and Iron Man adds 2 to whatever was already going. If Thor starts and there's only 2 balls in play, that means the ball count and portal lock multiplier previously dropped down to 1 before Thor started.

(But yes, the screen really should tell you the current portal quest multiplier.)

#12440 4 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

You can tell by the ball count. Thor adds 1 and Iron Man adds 2 to whatever was already going. If Thor starts and there's only 2 balls in play, that means the ball count and portal lock multiplier previously dropped down to 1 before Thor started.
(But yes, the screen really should tell you the current portal quest multiplier.)

Spider’s movie/sound mod also makes obvious which MB you’re in because it plays AC/DC for Iron Man and Zeppelin’s Immigrant Song for Thor

#12441 4 months ago

I really need to adjust my game, I find it super difficult... Plus I have a few glitches

- outlanes are brutal. The rubber seem super bouncy, so if a ball gets in the danger zone (just above the adjustable post), I can't nudge the ball to safety, it almost always bounces a few times and drains through the outlanes
- there are no ball save on the outlanes from what I can see?
- a slow ball rolling from the right orbit will go STDM. A faster ball will indeed hit the left flipper, as intended

- the disc gets stuck... The upper part of the disc often gets blocked with the wire form ramp, and I have to hit it to unblock it
- subway: I fixed the issue I had with the ball not being aligned with the last opto, but now in many occasion the game seem to be loose track of where the ball is in the subway. I've had multiple cases of the ball being blocked at a point where there is no opto

Any guidance to fix the above points would be welcome

Regards!

#12442 4 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

- outlanes are brutal.

First, I assume you've adjusted the outlane adjustable posts to the smallest/closed position.

Second, i saved a lot more balls from the outlane when i started nudging the machine more to try to intercept the ball with the ledges above the outlanes.

Third, if you increase the steepness of the machine it tends to make the game a bit faster but generally you usually have less outlane drains.

Correct. Keith is tough

- a slow ball rolling from the right orbit will go STDM

(I'm assuming you have the premium)
You can handle this a few different ways.

First, you could make the pitch of the game a little steeper and or a little higher on the right to direct the ball a bit more.
You can play with it a bit to see what works for you.

Second, you could put a larger rubber on the post at the end of the orbit so it bounces away from the orbit a little more.

Third, when you notice it going a bit slow, you can start trying to nudge the ball off the side of the machine to help the post bounce it a bit farther than normal and "hop" the center drain.
Its an important skill that does take some work to master but a good skill to have.

- the disc gets stuck... The upper part of the disc often gets blocked with the wire form ramp, and I have to hit it to unblock it

I don't know too much about the premium model but i believe you can adjust some of the disc settings from the software menu. There is also an adjustment underneath the playfield to raise or lower the disc as well.

#12443 4 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I really need to adjust my game, I find it super difficult... Plus I have a few glitches
- outlanes are brutal. The rubber seem super bouncy, so if a ball gets in the danger zone (just above the adjustable post), I can't nudge the ball to safety, it almost always bounces a few times and drains through the outlanes
- a slow ball rolling from the right orbit will go STDM. A faster ball will indeed hit the left flipper, as intended
- subway: I fixed the issue I had with the ball not being aligned with the last opto, but now in many occasion the game seem to be loose track of where the ball is in the subway. I've had multiple cases of the ball being blocked at a point where there is no opto
Any guidance to fix the above points would be welcome
Regards!

I hear you, I'm not a great pinball player and at our house, the kids attention is competing with video games and social media. I've had to do a few things to get everyone longer play times to make things more enjoyable. We're never going to be a location family or tournament players, so our goal is purely family enjoyment. You can use these as ideas to get better/deeper in your game and then tune them back as your skill increases.

Some things I've done to make the game more fun for whole family...
- Increase ball count - (This alone helps the most with practice)
- Band off the outlanes (we call this Training Wheels Protocol)
- Disable lose gem on Thanos Attacks drain
- Adjust Soul Gem flip penalty on drain
- Adjust # of trophies needed to start Trophy Mania
- Maximize ball save timeouts

#12444 4 months ago
Quoted from Yodamtu44:

- Band off the outlanes (we call this Training Wheels Protocol)

I'd never hear or thought of this before. It's a pretty great idea if you have casual players over who might get easily turned off by constant outlane drains.

#12445 4 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I wonder if I took out the bearings if it would spin less but not always block tha sanctum and the inner loop…can anyone attest?

Hmm, i think that would probably work.
Or i think you could add a counter weight so the disc would rest at a different location which isn't quite so obstructive.

#12446 4 months ago
Quoted from Yodamtu44:

I hear you, I'm not a great pinball player and at our house, the kids attention is competing with video games and social media. I've had to do a few things to get everyone longer play times to make things more enjoyable.

My son really loves the Battle Royale challenge mode. Lets him get a good 5 mins of fun in without having to worry about drains. I think you hold the left flipper and select it before starting the game. Give it a try!

#12447 4 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

My son really loves the Battle Royale challenge mode. Lets him get a good 5 mins of fun in without having to worry about drains. I think you hold the left flipper and select it before starting the game. Give it a try!

This is my GF's favorite mode. She plays it everytime she comes over as she feels it's more fun and more forgiving. She is also getting really good at it as she plays more and more. She played her first normal 3 ball game a few days ago and got almost 150 million points, so it's making her a better player overall by making her hit all the shots you need to in order to defeat the black order.

Once she learns how to nudge, i'm in serious trouble...

#12448 4 months ago

I’ve had AIQ for 2 years….. I’ve never played the battle Royale mode. Lol. I feel like I’m a horrible owner. lol

#12449 4 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Started it up yesterday for some kids that were visiting. Gotta hold BOTH flippers to get the mode select.

#12450 4 months ago

I hope Stern fixes the fact that you can't easily repeat the challenge mode after completing. You are still logged in and the screen says play again but when you hit start it starts a regular game. You have to navigate back to the hometeam (if using that) then reselect the mode. All the latest games have that limitation. I'd play them a lot more if I could just do back to back by hitting the start button

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,792 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.