04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c0untdem0net.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7564 2 years ago

Should be joining the club in a few weeks with a premium and really looking forward to it. I saw that there was one alternate audio being worked on but there has not been an update on that thread for a while. Is there a alternate audio for the most recent version?

#7599 2 years ago

Had deadlip done a stream with the 1.0+ code? The last one I see is for the .93 code.

2 weeks later
#7772 2 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Has anyone used pin browser to replace the terrible callouts etc in this game? I tried searching but can't seem to find anything.

There was one being worked on but it doesn't look to have been updated
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-quest-spider-soundmod

The bookmarks for the items replaced in that mod are available in pinball browser for anyone to mess with

#7774 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Try getting a new class 10 SD card and imaging a new one using the SD imaging tool and SD AIQ image on Stern's site. Your SD card may have failed (Stern uses the crappiest ones they can find).

I'd be careful if it is a newer machine. Some of them appear to be coming with 1.02 which is not on the stern website for download yet. Might be the new node board firmware for a hardware change which you can't downgrade. Without the readme who knows though?

2 weeks later
#7900 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone know what the price is from a distributor on a Pro model? I wasn't sure if anyone picked one up recently or not.

about to go up if the rumors are true lol. With the demand currently and the number of backorders there are not a lot of deals out there. Without a good relationship with a distributor I'd not expect more than 100 or 2 off msrp these days

#7916 2 years ago

I've played the pro a bunch and the game really didn't click with me. I understand the premise but the spinner felt wasted and the right side of the game felt barren. I originally didn't plan on purchasing any games this year as I was happy with my collection. Then I played a premium and an le of aiq and my issues with the games went away. The marvel ramp on both were dialed in and that shot was so satisfying. The Dr strange spinner rising up was awesome. The vuk made so much more sense. It just clicked. A guy had been asking if I would part of one of my machines and I made the decision to upgrade my guardians to the aiq premium as that would be the only version I'd want. The deal was made and now I've been waiting as it was supposed to have been here more than a month ago. Then I missed out on the build 2 weeks ago and now the machine is due maybe end of September. I can't pay an extra grand if that's what stern does in September from the rumors so looks like I may not end up with mine. Sucks

#7959 2 years ago

woohoo just heard my premium ships next week. So excited.

#7974 2 years ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

I was supposed to join the club today, but someone in the shipping chain between my dealer and Stern dropped the machine and didn't tell anyone... so it had cabinet damage and busted glass and is going to have to go back for organ harvesting.
Please everyone, make sure your PINs are organ doners before you ship them!

That sucks, hope they get it turned around quick for you

2 weeks later
#8205 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Can I just order one directly from Stern without going through dealer? If so, anyone know how?

email [email protected]. He will want your serial number and a description of the problem. You can also start here https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/ which creates a ticket in their system I believe. Goes right to Pablo as well.

Most warranty items you can get directly from stern. Big issues or things like node boards they will want your distributor involved.

1 week later
#8322 2 years ago

Finally officially in the club. Cleanest box I've ever had and the guys that delivered it were really cool. Looks like my lockdown bar is digging into the wood a bit though.

IMG_20210927_125120526_HDR (resized).pngIMG_20210927_125120526_HDR (resized).pngIMG_20210927_125243921 (resized).jpgIMG_20210927_125243921 (resized).jpg
#8325 2 years ago

I talked to my distributor about it. I don't think this was shipping damage. The tongues that clip into the cabinet from the lockdown bar were bent forward too much. I was able to bend them a bit to fix the clearance. Definitely a quality control issue. The damage is cosmetic. I can sand it down a bit and touchup with black paint but sucks to see that for something so easily fixed by QC. Will also send a note to Pablo at Stern about it. I think I saw some Mando's shipped in august with a similar issue just not as bad. Mine was build mid august as well and just getting it now.

#8327 2 years ago

I think I spoke too soon about the machine being fine. A lot of LED's are out. The entire drop target matrix set of leds, hulk spinner, marvel ramp, thor multiball, thor's entire glove, every led in the tunnel. Something has to be unplugged but it's all over the playfield.

#8329 2 years ago

I found a connector loose and it looks like it goes to an open spot on the drop target matrix board but can anyone verify that? It looks like that is the serial in connection but don't want to go plugging things in willy nilly

IMG_20210927_181957200_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210927_181957200_HDR (resized).jpg

#8331 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Here’s a picture of mine[quoted image]

Thank you kindly

Edit: that was it. All working now. Appreciate it

#8431 2 years ago

My guardians came like that. Asked the distributor and they said it sometimes happens and stern won't do anything about it. In my case you could see the ribs but not feel them. In my case it did not cause the sale price of a pro to be decreased but I can see how a premium buyer would be more judgemental about. Interested to hear what stern says

#8467 2 years ago

My game recently started getting massive airballs when hitting the sanctum target. Sometimes even hitting the flasher right above it or banging on the ramps. Looking thru the thread I see this happens quite a bit but I didn't see a long term solution to it. Has anyone found one? I have checked the disk is level. Thanks

#8471 2 years ago

Thanks, I'll double check the disk and the target. I've had it rebound so hard it hit the glass and ended up in the shooter lane. That was interesting to say the least. I might also be hitting it more intentionally now as I'm moving past the flailing to controlled gameplay as I learn the pin.

#8473 2 years ago

When they say level the disk are they talking about levelling the disk to the mount with the 4 screws? I'm not entirely sure what I am levelling. I have a pretty big lip on the outer ring thing that has the 4 screws going into it but I didn't think that moved?

EDIT: doh I found it and yeah I'm doing it wrong https://o.pinside.com/a/6e/95/a6e9501ad7ebf2b6df36240d756023483680a872.pdf

#8536 2 years ago

mine says 325-350 and I regularly see over 1000 rpm. 1480 or so is my highest so far on the premium with the stock setup. Seems to be working well so I've not touched it.

1 week later
#8651 2 years ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

I had a little bit of remourse at first about the Premium Extras, but I think the Pro is a better playing game. The Spinner raising looks cool but just slows things down, and the Marvel Ramp even modded still only hits 90%. Putting that money into Toys for the Pro has been a much better investment.

What's the Black Widow Tower you speak of? I must be missing it.
I am on a Pro, doesn't seem to be any kind of Pym Lab Upgrades there since it's just a simple target. Am I correct?

I don't have any trouble hitting the marvel ramp on my machine and I don't have the mod. I wonder what the cause is that makes some machines so much more likely to reject. The shot flow is just insane with the marvel ramp in the mix.

I'm the opposite where I just can't stand the pro but love the premium. The raising spinner and subway give me time to take a breath and wipe the sweat off my hands heh. Not generally enough time to take a drink though... I have a lot of 15+ minutes games on this one. Just so smooth to shoot.

#8683 2 years ago

I have about 300 plays on my premium I've twice had to go searching for screws to the plastic shield that goes in front of the capt marvel ramp. Seems like these are really prone to loosening up and falling out. It doesn't seem like being backed by the opto plastic housing is strong enough for the vibrations that part gets. Has anyone found a way to secure them better?

#8694 2 years ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

We had the exact same problem, pickef up some slightly longer screws from home depot. So issues since. Before it was barely gripping at all with the stock screws. No loosening at all now. I took the screw to home Depot to make sure I was getting correct size, just a 1/4 longer I think.

I'll take one to home Depot tomorrow and see what I can find. Thanks

2 weeks later
#8767 2 years ago

Finally had a breakthrough game after being stuck in the 400-500 mil range for the last 2 months. Collected 4 of the 5 gems going into the final Thanos battle. Failed the first time but flew through it the second time. I know I left a ton of points all over the place. My multiballs were not good and I only got like 10 mil from the victory laps.

IMG_20211113_131526443 (resized).jpgIMG_20211113_131526443 (resized).jpg
#8774 2 years ago

As a child if I saw that I would get a higher scores and make the GC "Dad sux" ... just to force you to take it back.

ha, that's part of the reason. My 11 year old hates it. He also hates playing the machines for hours on end so his chance at taking my GC's are few and far between. He regularly beats me in competition though. Every tournament the two of us have been in together he's finished higher than me.

1 week later
#8869 2 years ago

I've got about 400 games on my premium and I found what looked like a bit of clearcoat and some artwork on it floating around the playfield. After searching everywhere I finally found the chip behind the rail leading into the antman scoop. It's a pretty large loss of clear and artwork but it's all under the plastics at the moment. Gonna send stern an email about it and have sent Cliff an email looking to get the protector for that spot but wow. There is no sign of pooling anywhere on the playfield. It was perfect but for this

IMG_20211123_094039392 (resized).jpgIMG_20211123_094039392 (resized).jpg
#8873 2 years ago

I've emailed Cliff but I have not heard back. I've been watching that rail as I did read about it early on in the thread. Seems to have come out of nowhere as there was no sign an issue was about to occur.

3 weeks later
#8973 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Hi everyone, I picked up a Pro yesterday and breaking it down to bring home I noticed only 5 balls in the trough and one in the Captive ball behind the Newton ball. Is that right or is there another one hiding somewhere? I haven't got it set up yet. Thanks, Dave

Should be 6 in the trough. I believe they have a sticker under the lockbar saying how many balls to insert

1 week later
#9009 2 years ago

I can't imagine making those mods. My game is setup stock and I don't find the outlanes hungry at all. It's a long player for me already. I've beaten it twice now and find the challenge in completing all the little modes like computer frenzy the challenge.

#9020 2 years ago
Quoted from Yodamtu44:

This happened to me yesterday. I couldn’t find any response to this. Any ideas on how to firm up these screws?

I went to home depot and found longer screws. If you go the thread lock route make sure to use the kind that is safe for plastic as the screws go into the plastic opto mounts. With longer screws I've had no issues since.

#9076 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Took a quick video just now of a few attract mode scenes I added. The 1:28 mark starts gameplay and shows my new opening scenes and music. You can hear a replacement gameplay audio track, but notice it is lower than the stock audio tracks. Will revisit that audio importing now that I've upgraded to Pinball Browser 8 and see if anything changed.
Otherwise I'm very pleased with the videos I added, especially the Hulk Gamma hurry up (not shown) - WAAAAAY cooler than the stock Hulk eyeball animation. The Iron Man ball lock animations are so much better too.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DJ6nRgBuEfhrakZs7

Looks awesome. Love the animated as it fits the art style better than the movie scenes.

#9086 2 years ago

There is the entry opto, which I believe is the woosh sound, then there is the switch on the ramp right before the ant man up kicker that is used to validate the marvel shot. Maybe that switch is flakey?

1 week later
#9130 2 years ago

I was doing some routine cleaning and found some screws in the rear of the cab. I can't find anywhere these type of screws are used. I assume under the playfield since they are the flat head nuts but I'm at a loss. Any ideas? They do thread into some empty screw holes on the backboard. Just noticed them and really odd they would be mounted this way.

IMG_20220122_103321065 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_103321065 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_103332681 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_103332681 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_103341286 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_103341286 (resized).jpg
#9131 2 years ago

I just recently upgraded to the latest software and suddenly my auto plunger is no longer making it all the way around. It's always been few and far between with the manual plunge to get all the way around but for over 500 games the auto plunger was reliable for it. I checked the power settings and it's set to full power. It even sounds like it's turned down as it's not a bang but a tiny thud now. My stranger things and munsters hit much harder. Anyone else notice this? Might try going back to 1.02 to see if the power comes back

#9132 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I was doing some routine cleaning and found some screws in the rear of the cab. I can't find anywhere these type of screws are used. I assume under the playfield since they are the flat head nuts but I'm at a loss. Any ideas? They do thread into some empty screw holes on the backboard. Just noticed them and really odd they would be mounted this way.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

well I can answer my own question here. I found the only spot I can see where these screws are used. It's the mounts for the backboard. I was down to 1 for 4 screws holding it on and it was loose too. I only found 2 of the 3 screws that were missing in the cab.

IMG_20220122_105122404 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_105122404 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9176 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

check captain marvel shot plastic cover I have one that falls out of there frequently.

Longer screws will fix that

1 week later
#9198 2 years ago

I find Elwin and Eddy pins to be challenging to post pass on due to the sling positioning. Borg machines are much more post pass friendly. As mentioned I use the ramps to transfer the ball to the flipper I want.

#9204 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

So I did an experiment last night and traded out the stock rubber for titan silicone rings on the the slings, and sure enough, post transfers from right to left are a breeze. Left to right, still not so much, but it is an improvement.
Is this all in my head (or my machine)?

post passes are possible just difficult. Difficult enough that I just rather us the ramps, plus that gives progress on the avenger. It's not something I would rely on for AIQ. I can do them on stranger things but same thing. Not reliable enough to make it a go to strategy. Munsters, turtles, guardians, rush I'll post pass all day on.

#9206 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

What is the slingshot power on your AIQ guys??

default, I don't think I've touched anything other than the trough eject power

#9223 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

First two balls were really short, but third one everything really clicked. All the shots felt smooth and this is my personal best on the soul gem. A little more consistency and I can feel brave enough for hard mode attempts. This game is a blast to shoot.
[quoted image]

Nice job. I think somewhere in the upper 60's is my best. Not an easy challenge. Going in with the mind gem can be a huge help.

#9249 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just joined the club. I don’t know why I waited so long! Even the wife is digging it!
[quoted image]

My wife loves ours as well. Every machine I bring into the house spends some time upstairs and she has not gone and played one on her own until this one. She really loves it. She's not letting it go to the basement any time soon.
Enjoy it's a great game.

3 weeks later
#9366 2 years ago

I feel like the game is more controllable due to several safe options which return the ball directly to the flippers. If I want it on the left I shoot black widow. If I want it on the right there are numerous options depending on where you are on the playfield. Definitely fits my style of play

2 weeks later
#9433 2 years ago

With all of this talk about outlane drains I decided to see where mine are at after around 850 plays. Left drain and right drains were nearly the same in the mid 500's. Center drain is around 1300. Mine is setup as it came from the factory. I get most of my left drains from the right sling or from weak shots around the hawkeye loop that come back down oddly. Right drain seems to be mostly from computer shots but less so from the left sling. I didn't think I was experiencing a lot of outlane drains and the data backed that up. The game replaced a GOTG so maybe the family and I got pretty good at dealing with cheap drains

The really interesting thing to me was the right and left flipper stats. Both were within 15 hits of each other. Left was around 65040 and right 65054. This could be why I love the machine so much. The machine is really balanced with it's shots and code where you are not over using one flipper.

#9435 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

As the others mentioned - Mind gem can definitely help. A Mystery award at Ant Man scoop will also award the lit shot during Soul gem.
Ultimately, just keep practicing on being able to hit the targets better.

yeah the mind gem at level 1 can be a huge help as you get 3 hits of it. I usually use it on the first black panther shot and the drops (maybe hulk if I'm having trouble with that shot that day) Going in with mystery which will also spot a shot helps as does the flank attack. The best I've done so far was

IMG_20220324_180415218 (resized).jpgIMG_20220324_180415218 (resized).jpg

I then used the same strategy with the hard mode. Missed 2 shots but gave me a great score. Does the avenger bonus calculated before soul gem start have any bearing on the scoring of the mode? I'm pretty sure I only had black widow at level 1 as I had just drained right before this one started.

IMG_20220324_180417644 (resized).jpgIMG_20220324_180417644 (resized).jpg

#9438 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I don't think the Avenger's bonus counts toward the final score, but I believe their level does play into the shot multiplier scoring during Soul gem. Captain Marvel Binary multipliers as well.
267 Million is my best on Soul Gem Hard mode.
76 Flips remaining is my best Soul gem regular mode with NO Mind gem! I don't think I can do any better, I was hitting shots and got a lucky bounce or two...
In this case I think I drained right before getting Soul gem at start of next ball since all Avengers were only "collected" entering Soul gem.

nice, I have some work to do

1 week later
#9509 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I have a premium on order that will hopefully ship in this next batch. Are there any tweaks or fixes I should look for when it does arrive?

Get the cliffy protector set and install that pym shot ball guide protector immediately.

#9513 2 years ago

I ended up using two hex standoffs. The screwed right into the existing mounts and the existing screws held the other side.

IMG_20220408_145117291 (resized).jpgIMG_20220408_145117291 (resized).jpg
#9516 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

What length did you use? I don't like putting a bunch of mods in but this seems great.

I had a pair on hand but I think it's something like this

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fascomp/FC4517-440-A?qs=T%252B5DAjFZ5JPnOJSpruDsqw%3D%3D

It's just over 31mm in length and the screws for that part are 4-40 according to the manual. honestly you could go shorter. 1 inch or even 3/4 inch spacer would also work depending on your height. I'm 6 foot and my first thought after putting them on was it could be a little shorter but this is what I had. The 3d print from above is 19.05 mm for comparison. 1 inch would probably be close to perfect.

#9521 2 years ago

https://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Look for avengers. The pym shot is also called the Ant-Man shot. The bottom rail on the way to the vuk can damage the playfield without something to lift the rail off the clear coat.

1 week later
#9574 2 years ago

New players should never choose space or time gem as they are the hardest and arguably the hardest to use effectively. Reality, power are what new players should focus on. Once you get those down start going for mind gem first to get the shot completion perk. Makes soul gem a lot easier if you have it on an avenger at level 1.

The game sounds really complex but pick a gem and work on completing it. I think reality is the easiest, then power, then mind. Once you are good at completing them work on completing with Thor or iron man and your scores will start going up.

#9621 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:There really isn't any quick way to get there. The only shortcuts are to intentionally fail the Soul Gem (and don't win it back via another method) since then you don't have to play Thanos Attacks, or to win an unplayed gem via Hawkeye at Marksman difficulty (which requires first winning it on easy and pro, since you can skip to marksman only if you lost a gem.)
Really, the way to get to Thanos is to win gems - but not because the gems help directly - it's because winning the gem is the only way to get out of a quest and into another without losing a ball.
Also, I think most people reaching Thanos regularly here are doing it with significant help from mods, like smaller outlanes, the metal disc, low-bounce rubbers. Or even 5-ball game setting. It will be harder as factory stock.

My game is completely stock and I've reached the final wizard modes a few times and get close regularly. I've actually been thinking about moving the outlane posts to make the game harder. With any game practice the modes and find your best way to complete them.

#9652 1 year ago

Might be the balls too. When I got mine the stock balls stuck every single time. I replaced them with POLARIS Pinball – Carbon Steel and I have one ball that refuses to stick. Makes me laugh when that one is the shot. Luckily I'm about at the point where I need to replace them again. This machine just eats balls with so many exposed metal guides.

#9697 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

How many games played with factory coil stops? That would be my first guess. Around 500 games played on a new Stern is about the longest I've had them last for me. Weakness and/or stickiness is usually the sign of bad coil stops.
Cooling fans will help with long play sessions, but shouldn't have any impact on a cold machine just starting to play.

Interesting, I must be lucky. My stranger things went 4k games before the pin pulled out on the plunger and I had to do the flipper rebuilds. My munsters has 3k games on it and no issues. I don't think I've touched those flippers at all. My guardians has over 5k games on it now and still on the original coil stops. Probably due for a flipper refresh but I sold it and it's in a bar now where I run the league so get to watch it close. Avengers has about 800 games on it and still going strong. I see a lot more brass in the cab on this one but the flippers are still good. I stocked up on coil stops when I bought my first pin expecting issues. Must be why I've not had the issue lol

#9745 1 year ago

I remember in the debate of the premium vs pro a few comments back there was a statement that you can't backhand the captain marvel ramp on a premium .. I did it 3 times in a row last night on my premium. It was magic

PS: I was trying to start a Thor multiball....

I unintentionally back handed the marvel ramp yesterday as well.

I think Stern support is going down hill. My game came missing some parts and the playfield chipped badly by antman early on. Apparently they are completely unable to source a cash box clip and Stern said they would warranty the playfield and send me one. As I knew the game was in production I emailed them asking about the playfield a week or two ago. They just got back to me late Friday saying the game is not in production and they have no eta on the replacement playfield. Well it was in production when I requested the update. I was also told to no longer email Pablo directly. I'm worried the excellent support I've come to know from Stern may be on the down swing.

#9757 1 year ago

Check your coil stops as I bet the brass fitting has broken. Pull the playfield and see if the brass bit in the coil stop is moving at all. Weak flippers are the first sign. Then they start sticking. It seems like a dice roll who gets the bad stops and who gets the good ones. I've only ever seen it happen to location pins. Pinball Life sells the better ones.

#9771 1 year ago

I think I found a bug I have not seen mentioned. It happens you retrieve the mind gem, place it on an avenger at level 1, then start soul gem. While the screen is up showing the bonus calculation for avenger levels hitting the action button will complete shots in soul gem even though it's not started and you have not selected difficulty yet. I accidentally used up all three of my mind gem shots before the mode started and was really confused when hulk was the first shot to make.

#9773 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yeah, I would definitely like to see that fixed but I've just learned to live with it. It's really not an issue if you know about it, as you can just not hit the button and you'll be fine.

I agree it's livable just was a shock the first time. Overall I find this code very very polished for all that it has. Kudos to the programmers.

#9854 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

First game back on AIQ in a week or two since I’ve been playing Godzilla mostly as work allows.
Didn’t get my high score (6.3B), but did get a couple mode records for me! [quoted image][quoted image]

How in the world did you get that soul gem score. Amazing

1 week later
#9966 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Has anyone has this experience? I put on Titan low-bounce silicon rubbers, and then my left flipper can't make the Captain Marvel ramp from a catch.
It's definitely this rubber causing it. If I switch back to the original rubber, the flipper makes the ramp fine. Playfield is at 6.5 degrees by a digital readout. It's not a problem with flipper strength, I replaced the coil stops and sleeves, and it hits every other steep shot fine. The behavior is the same with or without a lexan barrier on the left side of the Marvel ramp entrance. Making the Marvel ramp from a rolling shot is more consistent than from a catch, but still less consistent with the Titan rubber than the original.
I think the cause is ball spin - the ball needs some clockwise sidespin to grab and climb the outer wall of the Marvel ramp. The original rubber applies more spin than the Titan. A rolling shot picks up more spin (with either rubber) for a better shot at making it.
Any thoughts on this? Any suggestions for other flipper rubbers that are good with control and can also apply the bit of sidespin that seems needed?

I have the pinball life perfect plays on mine currently and they feel great. No issues making any of the shots

#9980 1 year ago
Quoted from Yodamtu44:

I’m having an issue with my right flipper sticking in the up position. I thought EOS first, but I was able to get it stuck during coil test, power off machine and it remained stuck.
I’ve replaced the coil sleeve and “reseated” the plunger linkage. That seemed to help a little, but looking for other ideas to look out for.

Could also be the rear coil stop. Stern has had problems with them. Check to see if the brass insert is loose. At least it is easy to check

#9981 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

AIQ has a cool layout that a casual player can enjoy, its not too difficult to make the shots, but the best part of the game, the code, is labyrinthic to the casual player and can really only be enjoyed by someone thats put the time to read the crazy rulesheet and is a above average player to start with that can collect, place and use the gems well.
I can definitely see how people are turned off by the game. It is borderline too complicated.

I hear people say this all the time but the game is pretty linear with the main quest. It comes down to spin the sling ring to spell strange to fight villans and advance the game. Sure there is tons of strategy with the gem placement and computer but those are side things to do meant for advanced players. You can literally ignore it and have a great time. Most casuals are not going to walk up and win more than one or two gems.

#9986 1 year ago

I've had no issues explaining to friends that come over and none of them play pinball. The card on the machine even has the #1 thing to do listed first. Most are successful in getting a mode started and a multiball. In fact just starting a multiball with 2 shots to Thor is a ton of fun for casuals. Most games are a lot harder to get a multiball started.

In fact, I can't think of one friend who actually started groot multiball on guardians while I owned it. That game scared off casuals real quick with that character selection.

So yeah, I don't see the problem. All the complex stuff is for the better players. At it's core it's pretty simple and it's a cool mech. Everyone loves watching the ball disappear in the portal. If anything, people hate playing with me on the machine because I usually have long play times on this game. That's the biggest turnoff to friends.

#10012 1 year ago

I've always enjoyed the thanos attack mode. It's pretty simple as it's always the same 3 shots to save the gem and they are safe shots. It's also got a very generous ball save. This is the first I've heard people complaining about it. Usually I hear people complaining about Soul Gem due to the "stress" of having limited flips. I love that mode too. If anything I wish both modes were harder by changing up shots needed to complete.

#10024 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

I want a coop mode like other machines have been getting recently. This machine begs for it IMO.

To this point that coop stuff seems to be limited to games Dwight Sullivan does. It is a lot of fun and the impossible mode evens out the difficulty for experienced players playing against newer ones. I'd love to see it brought to all games as well.

#10039 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Ok great thanks. When do I need to replace the full coil? or do a a 'flipper rebuild?" Should I replace the flipper stops on all my Sterns?

I did a flipper rebuild on my Stranger things machine after 4k plays. One of the flipper arms broke so I just did both at the same time. I inspect the flipper mechs on all my machines every month or two and clean them as best I can to keep them strong. Once they start feeling weak is when I usually do it. The rebuild generally does not include the coil.

#10045 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I'm getting an AIQ premium after playing the pro in the arcade just now. Should be sometime next week. Anyone with a newer AIQ, is it recommended to get tha captain marvel reject piece, still, or did they clear this up?

I would recommend it. I made my own lexan version for $5 I think and have enough lexan left over to make probably 20 more. I really like that you can't even see the DIY lexan one. My capt marvel ramp from last August worked well out of the box but there were a few rejects due to that odd wireform so I just went ahead and made it.

#10071 1 year ago

I keep mine at 6.6-6.7 depending on where you check it. 6.6 at the flippers tho. Any steeper and I find the BW and gauntlet ramps get really hard the deeper in the game I go. They are pretty steep and you need strong flippers later in the game. I don't have the fans on this game yet.

3 weeks later
#10305 1 year ago

Mine is strong enough to hold two balls during multiball. I'd take the glass off and qualify iron man and try to see how much it is pulling when you lock a ball. It should hold it for quite a bit there

1 month later
#10488 1 year ago
Quoted from Savageroots:

Thanks for the tips. I have seen a lot about cliffy protectors. Is this for playfield protect where the ball falls on to the playfield? Again new to this so just trying to understand to keep the machine in good condition. How often do people clean and wax? I have read every 500 plays or so?

At a minimum put the antman one on or remove and stick a washer under it. After less than 100 plays my playfield started chipping right there and took out a pretty big chunk. Stern is sending me a new playfield but that swap is gonna be difficult

Pym-guide-yesh (resized).jpgPym-guide-yesh (resized).jpg
#10491 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yes put the set on day one. This any man one was super difficult to do. Have to take a lot apart to get to it.

The ant man Cliffy just requires loosening the nut for the ball guide and the clear post, then sliding the bit under and tightening down. Putting a washer on would require completely removing the guide which would be a pain.

#10492 1 year ago
Quoted from Savageroots:

Where are these purchases from?

look at post #10485

2 weeks later
#10551 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

This is pretty important too. Although its biggest effect is going to be even more people complaining that they don't understand the gem powers, since now this functionality differs from everything that's ever been written about the game.

Not really, it's a waste going into mind gem with a level 2 avenger. I'll actually go out of my way to rectify that and go in with a level 1 even draining to do so. Now I'm less penalized for having the level 2 avenger

#10554 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I mean, it's a positive change, sure, that the gem at level-2 won't work worse than at level-1.
It's just that it's going to cause even more confusion over the gem powers, which is already the #1 complaint about the game.

I'd bet most of the people complaining about gems don't even know the mind gem offers shot completion. I always hear this complaint so just ignore the gem powers. I scored well over a billion and beat the game and had no clue what the gems did. Honestly, I still have no real strategy other than mind gem at 1 for soul gem and mind gem at 2 to complete reality gem. You can have a ton of fun ignoring the gem strategies. The gems are there for the people that care to figure it out.

4 weeks later
#10737 1 year ago

I'd also add that you want to adjust the spin detection sensor so that it's not touching the metal from the disk. It can ruin the sensor if it is too close.

#10749 1 year ago
Quoted from MRG:

great video

That is a great video. If you get all the gems then battle thanos is an immediate win when you get there worth 1bil I believe. There were a lot of points left on the table in that game though.

This game I flubbed and drained right after defeating the black order. Just needed to collect all the avengers one last time to defeat thanos with all the stones and increase that score to nearly 4 bil. I love this game but wow is it a long player.

IMG_20220822_172509369_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220822_172509369_HDR (resized).jpg
#10752 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t think it’s all that long to get to the end. What makes it long is all the extra balls it awards. There’s a setting to set max extra balls - I have mine set at 2; feels like a normal (modern) pin now.

yes, I've gotten to the end quickly but that's not really the point of why I play. When I play I try to maximize the score as much as I can. Makes it more exciting to finish soul gem with more than 200 million+ points or collect that soul gem jackpot with 200 million+ points. Try to complete reality gem with a level 2 mind gem in one button press is also a fun challenge. One day I want to complete everything in one game.

#10781 1 year ago

The mod version I have is 1.03 which does support insider connected. Just not the most recent home team feature which was added in 1.05. I don't have insider connected on my machine but I do know of a guardians currently using the pre-home team build with insider connected no issues. I've also gone forwards and backwards with firmwares no issue. The only machine I'm aware of you can't is newer builds of guardians which have node boards with new components on them that require a minimum of a specific version of the software. You can still go back to that minimum version though. YMMV

1 week later
#10806 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

So couple questions, pro or premium, 3-ball or 5-ball, by Hawkeye you mean the upper loop or his target? And how you go from that back to Widow? Already working portal locks,about 1 out of 3 as well on skill shot, but accidentally end up starting gem quests before getting both… have also figured that Power gem should be first. Great idea to put on Panther! For me that’s a tough shot and usually gets placed elsewhere first. My machine is on thick carpet unfortunately so big disadvantage, auto plunging to Captain America is brilliant and adjusting the flippers is next level…

I always go mind gem first. Get those free button completions which help greatly on soul gem with a level 1 or 2 avenger it's on (usually black widow early on). Lately soul gem is the second thing I have to do after getting it. I try to take at least 1 portal lock and a multiball and if I have a good one I collect all avengers before the quest/victory laps is over. Then going into soul gem I choose hard and use the button presses on black panther, thor, and the computer. Usually finish that with 200-250 mil.

#10813 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

That’s a good plan but only really works with Lvl 1 or 2. With only collected is one press gor Soul gem, that’s why I like Power first, what difficulty settings do you go with?

my machine is stock settings and I have a premium. I like to start the game by dialing in the black widow -> capt Marvel ramp which usually gets me the first portal lock and also close to the level 1 black widow. It's the easiest shot in the game so focus on that and get it close to level 1 then start the mind gem mode. By the time you complete the mode black widow will be at or close to level 1 and place the gem on her. I will note that I have the movie code so I have to have the avenger the mind gem is on at level 1 for the strategy to work. The latest code treats a level 2 as 1 for soul gem and that is a nice change IMO.

#10838 1 year ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I have not. I was wondering if if’s worthwhile to do if one does not use the insider features…..what say you, fellow Avengers?

The hometeam update included the following changes to the game. Some of them are worthwhile but I don't want to loose the movie version so sticking with the pre-hometeam update.

- Insider Connected - adding Insider Connected ability to start 'Gem Mania" if you are logged in
- Insider Connected - 'Gem Mania' award will take the place of 10M Points award in the computer grid
- Insider Connected - fixed the Disc RPM achievement thresholds to make it possible to achieve these awards
- Insider Connected - fixed an issue where some Achievement names were not matched with the names on server
- Insider Connected - fixed an issue where player names on the UI wouldn't always be correct
- Soul Gem Mode - entering the mode with Mind Gem powered up to Level 2 you will have your "Award All Shots" single Mind Gem use converted to 3 "Award Best Shot" uses
- Gamma Ray - score balancing increased base value from 50K to 100K, spin increment from 5K to 7K, start increment from 25K to 10K
- Thor Multiball - Mjolnir Attack (Letter Jackpot) is now awarded at 2X of what it used to award
- Thor Multiball - change Jackpot Value increase from 5K per disc spin to 24K per disc spin
- Extra Ball - consolation score when an Extra Ball cannot be awarded changed from 10M to 25M
- Game Over - fixed an issue with names displaying incorrectly
- Game Over - added the ability to use flipper to exit Game Over screen
- Attract - fixed a "Replay At" inconsistency with fonts and made compatible with up to 4 replay levels
- Attract - fixed an issue with long pricing string combinations

- Adjustment Changes:
- added "IC GEM MANIA CPU GRID AWARD" default is YES but competition install will override to NO
- changed "TARGET GAME TIME" default to 1:45
- removed "ATTRACT ADD PLAYERS" will always prompt for adding players

#10849 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Ok!!!! Thank!!!!

you can also follow this from Stern https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/36#post-5924517

I highly recommend you also adjust the sensor so there is a gap. If the sensor touches the shaft at all it will break the sensor.

#10864 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

For the other question: There is no way to quickly explode the score on AIQ, it's not Star Wars. All the big scoring in the billions is back-loaded into the wizard modes. The gem quests and multiballs don't score all that much, typically only in the tens of millions. Besides the wizard modes, the big points come from Soul Gem Jackpots, on a multiplied Captain Marvel ramp on the Premium, for up to 250% of a quest's value; this requires four successful Binary hurryups to set up.

You're not playing the modes optimally. My modes and multiballs are usually in the 50-100 million range. Always collect portal shots before starting modes and try to take multiballs into the modes. Thor doesn't score huge but my iron man multiballs are usually close to 100 mil. I always take mind gem first with the goal of using it on a level 1 avenger during soul gem on hard mode. That usually nets 200-250 mil right there. Completing reality gem with the level 2 soul gem using 1 button push will also get you over 100 mil if you have 2 portal locks and a level 2 soul gem. Soul gem jackpots can also be huge. My current record is 200 mil but I honestly don't remember when I got that jackpot. I also hear people timing out thanos attacks but that's also usually worth 100-130 mil for me. I can get well into a billion before black order or battle thanos.

IMG_20220924_190717350_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220924_190717350_HDR (resized).jpg

3 months later
#11323 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thanks, appreciate the feedback! I don't have much time at all on one yet... never know how you will connect or not with a machine.
I am out of room so if I want a new to me game, one has to go. I already have one in the garage and one at work. Both I have had for 20+ years!
If/when it comes down to it, I would have a hard time letting AIQ go, but it would bring good trade value.

I love my stranger things as it's a completely different game from Avengers. There is far more to do in Sth than Avengers I think and each game can feel really different. One game I may go modes, another just demogorgons. There are so many different multiballs between the TK, Total Isolation, Demogorgon multiballs, the 2 mini wizard modes and then the final wizard mode. Things are balanced well so it doesn't feel like it's multiball all day. I love it but I realize I'm in the minority in a lot of threads. Only down side to the game is the difficulty of getting it setup right. Especially the premium with the TK lock. I don't think my Pro will ever be leaving and I still have not beaten it. Not because I couldn't but because I refuse to time out modes. I love playing the whole thing. Avengers, to me, is by far the easier game especially the premium.

2 weeks later
#11381 1 year ago

AIQ over star wars all day especially if star wars is more

#11410 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

I have just found these in the cabinet. Does anyone know what we are looking at? Where do these belong? Haven't seen any place where these could be missing. maybe on the upper side of the playfield? Pin behaves normal atm... Thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image]

that is a top side screw most likely. I'd look at the screws for the ramps as there are 2 washers there.

2 weeks later
#11542 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I hadn't heard that one before, but yes... it does make sense!
AIQ has the worst flipper fade I've experienced on any of my games, well, until I added flipper coil fans!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-pinball-flipper-coil-fans

Oddly, I don't feel much fade on my avengers even with several long games back to back. On my stranger things though it's horrible.

2 weeks later
#11603 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Nope not talking about soul gem mode just any Normal game ; when it goes down a lane it’s not lighting up I-r-o-N ;yet what’s stranger is iron man is getting powered up some times ???
Really weird issue

you can also spot locks from the computer for iron man. I'd check the switch test to see if the switches are responding first. The system diagnostics will help you here.

2 weeks later
#11670 1 year ago

Don't worry about the exact pitch of the machine. They are just guidelines. Play the game and adjust it how it feels good to you. Every game is hand made and no two will play exactly the same so keep that in mind.

It sounds like you need to reduce the pitch. If the rear are all the way closed then open up the front to reduce the pitch. This game is pretty forgiving when it comes to left right adjustment so focus on pitch and find where you like it.

Moving a game can completely change how it plays with no change to the levellers as well. Variances in floors are a real thing.

#11673 1 year ago

I stopped using levels a while ago and adjust based on feel and how I like the games to play. I usually start with the front all the way closed and the rear open about 10 turns on each side. If the game feels floaty I increase the rear. If it feels too fast I decrease the rear. Not one of my games is the same level but they all play around the same speed as that's how I like them. When it comes to adjusting the front I rarely have to do it. Stranger things is the only game I have where the front has been adjusted to fix a feed. The rest are all closed.

#11700 1 year ago

Anyone have any luck finding plastic number 18 for a premium, the one that goes over top of the bottom pop bumper and has the protrusion that covers the sanctum target? Mine broke when a ball flew up after hitting the target and I can't find a plastic set in stock anywhere. Not that I need any of the plastics than that one.

#11702 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

I’m in the same boat! Can we get them from Stern?

I'm going to reach out today and see what they say. It's really a badly designed plastic with 3 tiny connection points to the main pop bumper plastic and it's right in the line of fire from the pinballs. Only a matter of time before it will break. Looks like the plastic is similar on the pro and premium but have different part numbers

break (resized).pngbreak (resized).png

prem (resized).pngprem (resized).png
#11707 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Can you take a pic of this part from game or explain it in more detail I have no clue what you’re talking about. Thank you very much ; I see the technical spec pic but confused as to where it is in game

it's the bottom pop bumper plastic that covers the sanctum target. The protrusion is attached with only 3 tiny connection points making it prone to fail

break_point (resized).jpgbreak_point (resized).jpg
#11709 1 year ago

mine broke cleanly off and I have nothing covering the sanctum target now. It's not a big deal but from my height I see all the guts and wires behind and it just looks crappy. If stern can't replace it then I'll probably buy that sanctum mod and be done with it. Marco does show it so maybe one day

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=510-7815-18

#11721 1 year ago

I'm going to reach out today and see what they say. It's really a badly designed plastic with 3 tiny connection points to the main pop bumper plastic and it's right in the line of fire from the pinballs. Only a matter of time before it will break. Looks like the plastic is similar on the pro and premium but have different part numbers

Still no word or even an acknowledgement from Stern on my inquiry. I'm hoping it's just because of the show this week. I'll submit another request on Monday if I don't hear anything

#11724 1 year ago

Still no word or even an acknowledgement from Stern on my inquiry. I'm hoping it's just because of the show this week. I'll submit another request on Monday if I don't hear anything

I just heard back from Stern and I have to order the part though a distributor.

#11731 1 year ago
Quoted from phylaxis:

So, I’m the new proud owner of a Pro and I’ve noticed a couple “quirks” with my new machine I’d like to get some advice on.
I’ve had some issues and quirks regarding the balls. The previous owner did not know when the balls were last replaced and said they really didn’t replace them unless they were pretty worn. The balls not pitted but do have some scuffs but no deep scratches. What I’m more concerned about is that they’ve become magnetized. Why? Twice I’ve had two balls come up into the shooter lane, twice the ball has stuck under the Marvel spring gate assembly and I’ve seen weird travel in the lower playfield area (almost like the ball is being influenced by a magnet), and making it up the ramps can sometimes be difficult. Playfield angle is set at 6.5 degrees and leveled left to right.
I’ve seen a LOT of opinions here about which replacement balls to get. Is there an overall recommendation, seems like maybe just avoid the “chromed” extra shiny ones?
My spinner post is definitely not right. The previous owner mentioned having to repair it at one point and I now can see it was not done correctly. There is a screw instead of the lock nut. The post itself is a bit wobbly. It doesn’t seem to affect gameplay, but I’d like to fix it properly. How / where do I get the parts? Contact Stern?
I’ve had quite a few air balls with balls jumping up and over the wire ramps. The flippers at at the stock levels. 255 for left and right and 230 for upper. It seems to often happen after hitting a post. Could swapping out rubbers help, or is this just a normal thing that can happen?
When the fan kicks on it’s got a pretty loud high pitched sound. Is this “normal”? It doesn’t run very long. I think I’ve seen some posts about adding or upgrading fans. Is this recommended?
I know this is quite a bit and some answers might be deep in these threads, but I’m hoping to get that latest opinions kind of all in one place. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.[quoted image][quoted image]

I use these on all my games with magnets. Rule of thumb for me is when in doubt swap them out. Easy and cheap to do.
https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#11738 1 year ago

I bought longer screws for the captain Marvel ramp plastic. Those kept falling out for me. Just needs longer screws to fix. Not sure about the other ones. The only screws I've had trouble with were the marvel ramp ones that go into the plastic

#11740 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Those are some of the screws I’m having issues with. I’m a total noob never done this before just take screws out bring to hardware store have them match it easy peasy?
Many thanks for the quick response friend

that's exactly what I did. I don't remember what size I ended up with but after replacement they have never loosened again. The screws stern sends only get part of 1 thread into the plastic.

1 month later
#11836 12 months ago

I don't update unless I feel like I'll see new stuff. In fact I have taken updates that made things worse and had to drop back to previous versions. The latest update is a stability update with extremely minor changes to the avengers code. I'm not updating until something bigger comes out. It's the old adage if it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm a home user though so my policy is likely different from operators where stability is a major issue. My games are only on for an hour or two a day.

#11839 12 months ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Is there a change log that lays out what changes the update for 1.07 made?

On the code downloads page there are readmes for each file. The only worthwhile thing in avengers to me is
- Gem Mania - when connected to IC, change Computer Grid award "GEM MANIA" to qualify Gem Mania to start on the next collected Gem from the Right Ramp

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/AVENGERS_INFINITY_LE_1.07-README.txt

V1.07.0 - April 20th, 2023
==========================
- Gem Mania - when connected to IC, change Computer Grid award "GEM MANIA" to qualify Gem Mania to start on the next collected Gem from the Right Ramp
- this corrects the previous behavior of starting Gem Mania when the Computer Grid Drop Target award is awarded
- Strange Motor - fixed diagnostic unreadable message when the motor fails to reach a switch
- Strange Motor - fixed technician alert message so it now shows the switch number as well as switch description
- Strange Motor - fixed technician alert message running off the screen

- System - Updated to V3.36.0 on OS: V2.7.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.5.0

- Conagent 1.0.9

- Update selectable upper bound for Grand Champion, and HSTD 1-4 Awards. GC may be set up
to 5, HSTD #1 to 4, HSTD #2 to 3, HSTD #3 to 2, and HSTD #4 to 1. The default value for these has
not changed, just the ability to select a higher value.

- Adjust timing to address phantom broken trough sw tech alerts.

- Added game version number to lower left of attract mode Insider Connected screens.

- Updated Service Menu landing screen to graphics.

- Added Connectivity Icon (Ethernet or WiFi Signal Bars) to attract mode
Insider Connected screens. The Icon will be displayed in the upper
right corner with the number of credits/free play.

- Blink selected icon in Service Menu Dot Matrix menus

- Updated "Target Game Time" to guarantee the entire time for a single ball game.

1 month later
#11945 10 months ago

I almost always start with mind to get the completions for an easier soul gem on hard mode for 200+ mil. Always take multiballs into the modes if you can. The portal locks are super key to that first billion. I also love taking a level 2 mind gem avenger into reality gem with 2 portal locks and a multiball ready. Thor is great cause after you spin that strange disk 1 hit of the action button clears the mode and all the thor shots. I love it when I can manage that.

#11951 10 months ago
Quoted from System-J:

Thanks!
Yeah, maybe I was over-thinking the mind gem. I think I added 'can' because it only spots the shot that the gem is on, and I was trying to keep these as an 'intro' card. But you're making me think it's not helping. I'll cut it, thanks.
And thanks for spotting the extra ball with capt. Marvel shots. I'll try to fit it in.

Thanks man! I'll have them available on pinside marketplace hopefully within the week. On other cards I decided shared digital versions but it got complicated (and frustrating for me). This way you don't have to deal with the printers, especially since I'll be making them double sided. I'm still tweaking the colors, the 'advanced side' (more info) has a red background and I've gone through about 4 proofs at the printers trying to get it right. Almost there.

Generic wording around the gems will be easier as the benefits change depending on avenger level. The level 1 mind gem "can" spot one shot the gem is on but level 2 it is charged 3 times for whatever the best collect is, and level 3 it collects all lit shots so I'd remove the "can" as well.

Graphics look nice.

3 weeks later
#11983 9 months ago

Well, this was a pleasant surprise. I ordered the pop bumper plastic a few months ago through my distributor and it finally showed up. It also came with a stern protector kit for it. I have not been invoiced yet from my distributor but they originally told me 15 bucks I think.

20230626_100516 - Copy (resized).jpg20230626_100516 - Copy (resized).jpg
#11985 9 months ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

This is very interesting.. I’m assuming it must be standard on the latest run.. could you post a pic when installed.. I’m curious about the extra (wing) on the back ..

I have not installed it yet but these are from the instructions and shows how it is installed

20230629_134025 - Copy (resized).jpg20230629_134025 - Copy (resized).jpg20230629_134039 - Copy (resized).jpg20230629_134039 - Copy (resized).jpg20230629_134057 - Copy (resized).jpg20230629_134057 - Copy (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#12004 9 months ago

Well, this was a pleasant surprise. I ordered the pop bumper plastic a few months ago through my distributor and it finally showed up. It also came with a stern protector kit for it. I have not been invoiced yet from my distributor but they originally told me 15 bucks I think.
[quoted image]

I've found out the negative side of the surprise. I had agreed to 13 dollars for the part (what marco has as the price https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=510-7815-18) plus 10 or so in shipping when I talked to the distributor for the original plastic. I was not informed there was a change and now I get an invoice for more than $50. 20 for the kit and $30 for freight shipping of a tiny box. It's insane. They said I have to pay double shipping because it shipped from stern to them and from them to me. I would never had agreed to that.

I should have just bought the mod and replaced the sanctum entirely.

#12006 9 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yes, Marco charged me like $17.50 for a part the size of my fingernail once.

at least with marco, pinball life, etc you can order other items to make the shipping worthwhile and you know upfront what it is and can comparison shop. I always wait until I have a number of things to get the most for the shipping dollar.

1 month later
#12054 8 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Any tips on how to demagnetize pinballs? Mine are sometimes "sticking" to the magnet grab in the Avengers tower after it releases. A little nudge from me (or a ball search by the machine) gets them to fall but it's not ideal and I'm not getting to hit any Hawkeye Challenges.

Buy new ones. It's really not worth the trouble and if they are magnetized they are probably also dinged up pretty bad and need replacing anyway. I like the Polaris carbon ones from ball baron.
https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#12059 8 months ago

Thanks, Erik. That's what I figured.
And thanks to the Count the Money. A friendly reminder:[quoted image]

someone finally got it

1 month later
#12142 7 months ago
Quoted from Scoot616:

There are several ways to fix it, but this mod worked well for me.
https://mezelmods.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-anti-stuck-ball

You can also just take some pliers (with electrical tape on them so you don't scratch the rail) and bend the fork a bit in towards the pop. I've seen some reports of that plastic "fix" breaking.

1 month later
#12326 5 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My nudging wasn’t working.
Took the glass off, put the ball above the inlanes, then let off the ball and watch. The ball would go towards the outlanes.
Then I put a ruler on it to confirm.

Stern sent me a replacement that was badly warped like that for my original which had clear coat damage. Luckily I found it and sent it back eventually getting a perfect one. I've not had the guts to try the swap yet but will check out your thread

#12328 5 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Get the rotisserie from Doc on here. Get it with the extension for the rear.
Order t nuts and pre-install them.
You can do the swap in 18-20 hours. If I really put my mind to it, I think I could've cut it down to 15 hours. Everyone was telling me how these take weeks to do, so I went at it with a snails pace, when in reality, it can be done in 1 weekend.
I also recommend purchasing washers to install everywhere. With an empty playfield, it makes it extremely easy.
Last recommendation: mark everything with blue tape. I showed pics of that in my thread. When it came to putting everything back together, it made it so incredibly easy. I didn't need to think or refer to pictures.
What I also did, I kept all the screws together with their respective pieces. I used blue tape (or just screwed the nuts onto the threads) to keep them in place. So when it came time to use the nuts, screws, and washers...they were all right there. I didn't need to figure out what went where.
6 wires total is all I had to re-solder.

wow only 6 wires, that's awesome. Glad you had such a good go of it. I've been putting it off cause of the time commitment. Might do it over Christmas break now

#12339 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinrookie:

Hi there
I have a quick question. During my best game. I obtained three gems and Thanos had three gems as well and I got two balls left. If I remember correctly, the machine tell me there is no more quest when i shoot the right ramp. I just wonder what is the next things I can do? Thank you in Advance.

I believe at that point you have to collect all the avengers to battle Thanos one last time.

1 week later
#12361 4 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Try as a might, I can not seem to get Spyders 1.07 movie code to work. I’ve tried multiple SD cards, different software (Balena Etcher on Mac and WinDisk on Windows), and still the same problem persists. It’s to the point where unfortunately I think I’m going to have to abandon the experiment, which is a shame because I really liked his 1.06 code.
Last ditch effort here, but would anyone that’s successfully gotten it to work be willing to burn me a copy if I pay for the time/expenses?! Of course, I’d need you to test it before sending but

Thank you for the kind offer! I was finally able to get it to work, seems I needed to be working from a Windows machine (not a Mac). Up and running now tho!

I went back to 1.06 due to the clicking in the modified sounds. For some reason it's really noticeable on this game. I don't hear it at all in stranger things. The only significant change from 1.06 to 1.07 is to the gem mania start to after you collect a gem instead of as soon as you collect it at the drops which I'm fine with.

3 weeks later
#12418 4 months ago

Code is fine as is, I'd like to see improvements to the theme integration really. Animations, callouts, music. That's all this game needs.

#12424 4 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Did you try the comic book code or movie code mods that are out there?

I've got my own code for it. Stern should do better as this game deserves it. Shouldn't need mods.

#12435 4 months ago
Quoted from Maniac227:

I don't think AIQ will ever get another code update but if it did i'd love to see...
Better callouts and animation
The spider and comic code really help with this, but i worry that stern is going to be putting out a lot more code updates in the future (ads) and it will be really hard to keep special code up to date. Also non-home users would appreciate better callouts as well.
Defeat Thanos is a little too easy compared to getting there and anti-climactic
Getting to Thanos was really hard but beating Thanos was actually easier for me than beating Thanos Attacks.
It was a bit of a let down when i was looking for a real challenge.
And if you have all gems it's even more anti-climactic: (ending from awesome)
I would rather the gems provide benefits while you are fighting thanos to turn an insanely hard fight to a more manageable fight.
Thanos Attacks should be more rewarding and have more variety in shots

Since thanos attacks steals a gem it would be nice for it to be more lucrative. I think it should be a press your luck type mode for big rewards including points, avenger levels, computer awards, portal locks, etc.
More variety in shots: instead of always a repeat of the same 3 shots, the shots should be similar to the shots you normally make in the mode or a horde like mode where the shots get "closer" until you are defeated.

Captain Marvel level up for Pro machines
The code should work the same for both the pro and premium so we can both level up captain marvel and add that extra layer of strategy.
More Gem Placement Flexibility and quality of life changes
A lot of gems don't really work well on certain avengers. It would be cool if they added some code to have more robust usage for each gem so they would be more applicable to more avengers and have more variety in strategies.

time gem: it would be cool to extend shot timers for the relevant shot as well for shots like hulk gamma ray or capt marvel hurry up
space gem: it would cool if you could also move shot locations for the mode. So if you have a hard time hitting the hulk shot or captain marvel shot you could use the space gem to switch the shot 1 spot over to black panther or black widow, etc.
quality of life for drops: putting a gem on the drops should reset before each mode (with a lower benefit) so you don't have to bother with change gems to get benefits

Additional/Harder Soul Gem
Personally i feel Soul Gem mode is too safe and i would like the hard mode/or an additional harder soul gem mode where if you fail you lose your ball.
I'm probably in the minority on this one though...

I like your list. I agree that the beat Thanos mode is super anti climatic when you have all the gems. You get a billion but so what? I want a fight

Soul Gem I like as a mode but I do wish the shots were randomized a bit. These days if I have a mind gem it's worth 150-200 mil and is super easy.

1 week later
#12450 3 months ago

I hope Stern fixes the fact that you can't easily repeat the challenge mode after completing. You are still logged in and the screen says play again but when you hit start it starts a regular game. You have to navigate back to the hometeam (if using that) then reselect the mode. All the latest games have that limitation. I'd play them a lot more if I could just do back to back by hitting the start button

1 week later
#12468 3 months ago
Quoted from Steveboos:

I just upgraded from the 1.06 PoMC code to the 1.08 PoMC comic code last night and it's a great change with the ball launch music. Great choice there PoMC!! Not a fan of the movies, so don't like the movie code as much as the Comic code. Also Thor Multiball and Iron Man Multiball with the custom AC/DC and Led Zeppelin music are just the chef's kiss on top.
Now i just gotta get my high scores back on my machine. That's the most fun part of a code update to me.

I enjoy resetting scores as well but you know you can dump the settings and scores to usb and then restore both after the reimage? I usually like to keep my GC's on the games as a challenge for me but reset all other scores. I love that feature.

#12500 3 months ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Can someone tell me whether new AIQ premiums have the subway “slop” issue resolved? Or do the teeth still get stuck?

I've had my premium for 2 years now, which was after the fix, and no issues at all with mine in nearly 3k plays. (now watch that jinx me)

3 weeks later
#12554 73 days ago
Quoted from Nomnom:

Anyone know how to adjust Dr. strange’s spinner on AIQ? I’ve seen documents on adjusting height, but not the tilt.
If you look at it disc here, you’ll see the right side is slightly raised about the playfield, enough that it diverts the ball.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

look up a few posts

1 month later
#12611 41 days ago

vikingerik is correct. To get a ball save during a gem quest, make sure you get at least one portal lock before starting the quest. I sometimes time the activation of the Thor MB or Iron Man MB for when that ball save ends or is about to end. This is particularly important during any Mind Gem quest because that final shot on the Sanctum is very tough to hit sometimes.

if you make sure to hit the fast flashing shot before spinning the disk for all of the damage levels you don't have to hit sanctum last. I prefer doing that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
8,924 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c0untdem0net.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=c0untdem0net and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.