IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 256.
#8201 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

How did you order one?

Probably warranty from dealer.

#8202 2 years ago

Looking for some help on the coil for the subway. Last night it wouldn't launch balls out of the subway, so i opened it up and the coil was just hanging. It looks like the coil stop loosened and the sleeve dropped out. i've ordered a new coil, but am having trouble finding the coil stop. I have the part number from -the manual #535-2377-00, but can't find one that looks exactly like the one that's in there. Where is everyone's go to spot for pinball parts?

Thanks

#8203 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Probably warranty from dealer.

Can I just order one directly from Stern without going through dealer? If so, anyone know how?

#8204 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Forget points... lol. I am barely busting 100 million. I am still trying to collect two gems in one game.

2 has been my max

#8205 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Can I just order one directly from Stern without going through dealer? If so, anyone know how?

email [email protected]. He will want your serial number and a description of the problem. You can also start here https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/ which creates a ticket in their system I believe. Goes right to Pablo as well.

Most warranty items you can get directly from stern. Big issues or things like node boards they will want your distributor involved.

#8206 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

email [email protected]. He will want your serial number and a description of the problem. You can also start here https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/ which creates a ticket in their system I believe. Goes right to Pablo as well.
Most warranty items you can get directly from stern. Big issues or things like node boards they will want your distributor involved.

Awesome! Thx!

#8207 2 years ago

Yeah, I started with the contact form on their site. From initial contact till receiving the leveling kit and subway tunnel it was under two weeks. Was very pleased with their support process.

Quoted from Crowbass:

Looking for some help on the coil for the subway. Last night it wouldn't launch balls out of the subway, so i opened it up and the coil was just hanging. It looks like the coil stop loosened and the sleeve dropped out. i've ordered a new coil, but am having trouble finding the coil stop. I have the part number from -the manual #535-2377-00, but can't find one that looks exactly like the one that's in there. Where is everyone's go to spot for pinball parts?
Thanks

Was the part you needed from the walking assembly or the VUK. I think the part you mentioned is for the walking assembly which should control the teeth of it making it through the subway. Launching the balls sounds more VUK than subway, which the retaining bracket is part # 535-5203-03. But if its the walking part, then you might need to get the full assembly from Stern instead.

#8208 2 years ago

Hi all, looking to add a HUO AIQ pro if anyone is thinking of selling. Looking for something within a few hour drive of central IL

#8209 2 years ago
Quoted from joshvandam:

Hi all, looking to add a HUO AIQ pro if anyone is thinking of selling. Looking for something within a few hour drive of central IL

There is a wanted feature on the marketplace too. Post an ad on it.

#8210 2 years ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

There is a wanted feature on the marketplace too. Post an ad on it.

Already did, thanks!

#8211 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Yeah, I started with the contact form on their site. From initial contact till receiving the leveling kit and subway tunnel it was under two weeks. Was very pleased with their support process.

Was the part you needed from the walking assembly or the VUK. I think the part you mentioned is for the walking assembly which should control the teeth of it making it through the subway. Launching the balls sounds more VUK than subway, which the retaining bracket is part # 535-5203-03. But if its the walking part, then you might need to get the full assembly from Stern instead.

Yes, it's definitely from the walking mechanism. It will not progress the balls through the subway.

#8212 2 years ago

I am sure Many know this already but I just wanted to make sure… The subway mechanism can be disabled so that the ball roll straight through. It’s in the settings just FYI.

#8213 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I am sure Many know this already but I just wanted to make sure… The subway mechanism can be disabled so that the ball roll straight through. It’s in the settings just FYI.

Since I just got my game what is the benefit of this? Thanks

#8214 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Since I just got my game what is the benefit of this? Thanks

Some people are having hang ups with it. Mine is on but I just wanted to put it out there for those having issues.

#8215 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Some people are having hang ups with it. Mine is on but I just wanted to put it out there for those having issues.

Ok. I literally just got the game and don’t know anything. If you are newer (or been around) pinball MANDO and AIQ are a good pair to own so hope you are enjoying the ride. Take care

#8216 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

2 has been my max

I scored my first 3 gem game tonight!

#8217 2 years ago
Quoted from Tippyroad:

I scored my first 3 gem game tonight!

Awesome. Keep plugging away. I can ensure you that it will eventually click. Once I had a breakthrough game of 1.6B, I have had a few more 1B plus games. Some tips.

Focus on getting extra balls. My best games were 6-7 ball games. Needed to get far in game.
Focus on collecting Hawkeye targets. 3 sets yields an extra ball. Timing the secret skill shot at the targets on spot bullseye will collect a set.
Winning power gem and putting it on Captain Marvel will help getting the extra ball at 12 Capt Marvel shots. Power gem gives you two shots for every shot.
Win two Hawkeye challenges.
Try to do well in super spinner, super targets, super combos, etc. They may not give tons of points but each can yield a trophy toward the 8 trophy extra ball.
Complete rows on the drop targets. After completing enough, lite extra ball will appear on grid.

Also focus on getting portal locks or bringing multiballs into modes. That will increase your chances of winning them.

Try to get mind gem early, put on avenger and power up to level 1. That gives you 3 uses on any mode shot.

Anyway, just some tips that have really made my scores and gem collection explode. Had 5 gems going into battle thanos yesterday. So close to getting all of them.

#8218 2 years ago

Feels so good the first time you finally collect that Soul Gem!!! Just did that tonight. Only a 226M game, but damn was it satisfying. Also the first game Thanos came after me and fought to steal the Power Gem back. Purple scrotum faced asshole. Having a lot of fun with this game so far!

#8219 2 years ago

F*ck this game is good.

#8220 2 years ago

Has anyone had experience with this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/05285-dr-strange-disc-mod-kit

Im sure its been spoken about in here somewhere but cant find it.

#8221 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Has anyone had experience with this?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/05285-dr-strange-disc-mod-kit
Im sure its been spoken about in here somewhere but cant find it.

I gave a review in post 7905.

#8222 2 years ago

Picked up a premium last week and am really enjoying learning the game. The only thing that feels weird is it seems like my hulk spinner is undercounting. I will get a great shot and absolutely rip the spinner but I may only get like 8 spins registered. I don’t think I’ve ever had a shot register more than 10. Anyone know what might be a good way to troubleshoot?

#8223 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I gave a review in post 7905.

Perfect - thanks - ordered!

BTW - do you still need th Stern fix with this kit?

#8224 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Perfect - thanks - ordered!
BTW - do you still need th Stern fix with this kit?

Depends if you only got the disc or also the carrier. Sterns leveling kit is pretty much just the carrier replacement. So it's either or.

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Picked up a premium last week and am really enjoying learning the game. The only thing that feels weird is it seems like my hulk spinner is undercounting. I will get a great shot and absolutely rip the spinner but I may only get like 8 spins registered. I don’t think I’ve ever had a shot register more than 10. Anyone know what might be a good way to troubleshoot?

Check how the spinner is pushing down on the switch. Can also see how the switch behaves or responds in the switch test in diags

#8226 2 years ago

I've had my AIQpro for a few months. This past weekend, for the first time, I've had three instances where both flippers shut-off in mid-ball...almost like I tilted, but there is no indication of lights dimming or anything on the LCD designating a tilt. When I launch the next ball (if there is a next ball), everything works fine again. At least two of the three times happened in multi-ball...the other may have happened right as the 2nd-to-last ball in a multiball drained.

Anyone experience this? Any ideas/suggestions what's happening?

#8227 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

I've had my AIQpro for a few months. This past weekend, for the first time, I've had three instances where both flippers shut-off in mid-ball...almost like I tilted, but there is no indication of lights dimming or anything on the LCD designating a tilt. When I launch the next ball (if there is a next ball), everything works fine again. At least two of the three times happened in multi-ball...the other may have happened right as the 2nd-to-last ball in a multiball drained.

I have not had this happen but anytime something like this happens... check the connections underneath. All the knocking around loosens things up.

#8228 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

My guess is that the spinner is just barely closing the microswitch so when it spins, it isn't fully closing the switch each time. I'd make the spinner switch close a touch sooner and it should fix your issue.

#8229 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I have not had this happen but anytime something like this happens... check the connections underneath. All the knocking around loosens things up.

Will check. Thanks. Now that you mention it, I guess I did just have the playfield up to close the left outlane gap one notch...maybe I loosened something.

#8230 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Will check. Thanks. Now that you mention it, I guess I did just have the playfield up to close the left outlane gap one notch...maybe I loosened something.

The connector for my trough (the one that puts a ball up to the plunger area) came loose and in the middle of my games it would just launch all six balls. I thought it was possessed lol but realized the connector was loose.

#8231 2 years ago

New High Score for me on Battle Royale Challenge mini game... 553 Million!

If you watch the video - don't let the shaker/external sub scare you!

IMG_1349 (resized).JPGIMG_1349 (resized).JPG
#8232 2 years ago

@awesome1, You need a Disc Upgrade, you may have gotten 560 Million if you had my Disc Mod installed

Fun to watch you smash the game. BTW, are you sure you don't have any issues with nails vibrating out of your walls with that shaker and Sub cranked up

#8233 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

awesome1, You need a Disc Upgrade, you may have gotten 560 Million if you had my Disc Mod installed
Fun to watch you smash the game. BTW, are you sure you don't have any issues with nails vibrating out of your walls with that shaker and Sub cranked up

Thanks! I guess I’ve gotten used to the shaker and sub, but definitely comes across very intense in video! My Deadpool with same settings, not as much.
I like the looks and function of your disc mod and as a manufacturer myself, I can appreciate the precision and quality! I’ve never had any disc issues yet, but am definitely considering adding it.

#8234 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thanks! I guess I’ve gotten used to the shaker and sub, but definitely comes across very intense in video! My Deadpool with same settings, not as much.
I like the looks and function of your disc mod and as a manufacturer myself, I can appreciate the precision and quality! I’ve never had any disc issues yet, but am definitely considering adding it.

Good job! You’re the only person I’ve ever seen that is able to hit the CM ramp almost at will. Your CM ramp must really be tuned up and your accuracy really shows as well. On mine, even though I have the shot down on the flipper postion, I get too many rejects and then when flipper fade happens, forget it, almost impossible to get it up and over the CM ramp. Do you have a lexan piece installed on the left side gap?

#8235 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Check connections at the lower node board.

#8236 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

…when flipper fade happens, forget it, almost impossible to get it up and over the CM ramp.

Get the PinMonk flipper coil fans and that problem will be history. awesome1 has them and I just installed them. I can confirm that the flippers did not fade over a 2 hour session.

I believe he has a lexan piece and I have tdiddys mod. That definitely helps as well.

#8237 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Good job! You’re the only person I’ve ever seen that is able to hit the CM ramp almost at will. Your CM ramp must really be tuned up and your accuracy really shows as well. On mine, even though I have the shot down on the flipper postion, I get too many rejects and then when flipper fade happens, forget it, almost impossible to get it up and over the CM ramp. Do you have a lexan piece installed on the left side gap?

Thanks! I do have the DIY Lexan fix. It definitely helps reduce rejects (I'm sure tdiddy 's 3D printed version does the same). You can also "tune" the ramp a little with the position of the wireform mount in front/left of the ramp entrance if you are still getting some rejects even with the Lexan or 3D printed CM fix. I also keep it and the playfield waxed... every little bit helps! I still get some weaker shots that will roll back down the ramp, so still needs a good shot to make it.

Yes, as Insanity199 mentioned, I do also have PinMonk 's flipper coil fans. I highly recommend if you play sessions over an hour or so.

IMG_1031 (resized).JPGIMG_1031 (resized).JPG
#8238 2 years ago

Just in last week with a premium--blast so far--question on the soul gem battle wizard mode. I get through the first six shots but the loop ramp (CM) does not seem to register. I have even shot it twice and it did not advance to the next shot. The switch is working--first thing I thought of. Any ideas? Did not see anything in the rules. Thanks

#8239 2 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

Just in last week with a premium--blast so far--question on the soul gem battle wizard mode. I get through the first six shots but the loop ramp (CM) does not seem to register. I have even shot it twice and it did not advance to the next shot. The switch is working--first thing I thought of. Any ideas? Did not see anything in the rules. Thanks

There are two switches, and both need to register for it to be considered a successful shot. One switch is the opto for the ramp entrance and the other is the ramp exit switch on the wire return near the Ant Man kickout. You might need to adjust the metal arm on the exit switch so the ball will press the button on the switch as it passes by.

#8240 2 years ago

Just wanted to post about my new mod for my premium; I haven't seen this come up yet, but maybe I missed it, let me know. Anyway, I was always a bit disappointed with the fact that the angle the player is at with relation to the subway and the clear inserts does not allow someone of around average height to see the portal locks easily without leaning over the playfield. This problem has been solved. I got some flexible mirror sheets and cut one to fit the far side of the subway, of course one will need to cut out spots for the optos to register, but otherwise it was a simple fitment. I did remove the factory sticker and roughen the surface. I was impatient and used hot glue to adhere the mirror sheet (the mirror sheet comes with adhesive but I found that it would come loose). I suppose epoxy would work well too. Don't forget to remove the protective film from the mirror surface.
AIQ_portal_lock_mirror (resized).jpgAIQ_portal_lock_mirror (resized).jpg
AIQ_portal_lock (resized).jpgAIQ_portal_lock (resized).jpg

The result is great. I can see the reflection of the ball perfectly and as a bonus the LEDs that emit from the near side (opposite the mirror) are much more noticeable, that is, the color is much brighter and really lights up the subway. Here is the link to the mirror sheets that I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KU7XVVC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00

#8241 2 years ago

Thanks--That's the one I did check and it is working--the exit switch. Did not realize there was an opto switch on the ramp entrance. Will take a look at that I guess.

#8242 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Just wanted to post about my new mod for my premium; I haven't seen this come up yet, but maybe I missed it, let me know. Anyway, I was always a bit disappointed with the fact that the angle the player is at with relation to the subway and the clear inserts does not allow someone of around average height to see the portal locks easily without leaning over the playfield. This problem has been solved. I got some flexible mirror sheets and cut one to fit the far side of the subway, of course one will need to cut out spots for the optos to register, but otherwise it was a simple fitment. I did remove the factory sticker and roughen the surface. I was impatient and used hot glue to adhere the mirror sheet (the mirror sheet comes with adhesive but I found that it would come loose). I suppose epoxy would work well too. Don't forget to remove the protective film from the mirror surface.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The result is great. I can see the reflection of the ball perfectly and as a bonus the LEDs that emit from the near side (opposite the mirror) are much more noticeable, that is, the color is much brighter and really lights up the subway. Here is the link to the mirror sheets that I used: amazon.com link »

You might need to take that picture from another angle of the trough out of the machine. The reflection is so good I though you had routed a copy of the groove in the trough. Had to look at it again to realize it was just a reflective sticker. Maybe rotate another 45 degrees so it's more straight on and take another pic.

Looks really good, though! Great idea.

#8243 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
The result is great. I can see the reflection of the ball perfectly and as a bonus the LEDs that emit from the near side (opposite the mirror) are much more noticeable, that is, the color is much brighter and really lights up the subway. Here is the link to the mirror sheets that I used: amazon.com link »

Looks great!

#8244 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That looks great. Have you checked the opto's aren't confused by the mirror at all? I guess if the cutout is far enough away from the beam it will be fine.

#8245 2 years ago

Just ordered an AIQ Premium. Confirmed to be delivered end of October before the price increase
X-mas will come twice this year

#8246 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That looks great. Have you checked the opto's aren't confused by the mirror at all? I guess if the cutout is far enough away from the beam it will be fine.

Good question...I've got around 40-50 games with it and so far haven't noticed any problems. BTW, while I had the subway out I also completed the walking mech. mod as posted by Sqwalker (post#7412); the subway has never looked or performed better.

Now I just need to play better. Speaking of which...a quick survey to see if I still need to make some adjustments. I'm at about 6.5° and I've been paying attention to coil stops.
1. Black panther orbit is easy from a trap, but very difficult from an in-lane feed (I always ricochet off Thor). Same/different for you?
2. Hulk, hard to make it when it counts; is this a tight shot or should I be looking to make an adjustment?

#8247 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Good question...I've got around 40-50 games with it and so far haven't noticed any problems. BTW, while I had the subway out I also completed the walking mech. mod as posted by Sqwalker (post#7412); the subway has never looked or performed better.
Now I just need to play better. Speaking of which...a quick survey to see if I still need to make some adjustments. I'm at about 6.5° and I've been paying attention to coil stops.
1. Black panther orbit is easy from a trap, but very difficult from an in-lane feed (I always ricochet off Thor). Same/different for you?
2. Hulk, hard to make it when it counts; is this a tight shot or should I be looking to make an adjustment?

I struggle with both of those shots, but it is 100% me and not the game. They are just tough shots. Not sure if this applies to you, but I will say that I initially put Pinball Life's perfect play flipper rubbers on. They are the only silicone rubbers that feel close to rubber for me (superbands are atrocious), and on many games they are fine. When I got my Iron Maiden recently, it shot like crap with them on. Went back to real rubber and it improved 100%. So I recently put real rubber back on my AIQ as an experiment. Sure enough, most of the shots simply feel better. My Captain Marvel accuracy went way up, as did BP, Hulk, and most of the other shots in the game. I thought it was just my usual lack of skill, but this is definitely another game that simply shoots better with stock style flipper rubbers. Silicone sure looks nice, but just doesn't shoot well with some games, and performance wins over looks to me.

#8248 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I struggle with both of those shots, but it is 100% me and not the game. They are just tough shots. Not sure if this applies to you, but I will say that I initially put Pinball Life's perfect play flipper rubbers on. They are the only silicone rubbers that feel close to rubber for me (superbands are atrocious), and on many games they are fine. When I got my Iron Maiden recently, it shot like crap with them on. Went back to real rubber and it improved 100%. So I recently put real rubber back on my AIQ as an experiment. Sure enough, most of the shots simply feel better. My Captain Marvel accuracy went way up, as did BP, Hulk, and most of the other shots in the game. I thought it was just my usual lack of skill, but this is definitely another game that simply shoots better with stock style flipper rubbers. Silicone sure looks nice, but just doesn't shoot well with some games, and performance wins over looks to me.

Interesting. I use the Perfect Play flipper rubbers on all my games, except I use a Super Band for the upper left flipper on AIQ because of the beating it can take. Like you I think the Perfect Play are pretty close to regular rubber.

Definitely agree to go with what feels best, it took me a bit to get that Super Bands upper flipper feeling "dialed in".

#8249 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Yeah, 6.5° to 7.0° seems to be the sweet spot for AIQ.

My flipper coil stops only lasted around 300 games on AIQ. Fairly cheap and easy to replace all 3 and also the coil sleeves. I would have them on hand for when you need them.

Black Panther and Hulk can be harder shots... especially with the Hulk timer going and the pressure on to make it!

#8250 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Interesting. I use the Perfect Play flipper rubbers on all my games, except I use a Super Band for the upper left flipper on AIQ because of the beating it can take. Like you I think the Perfect Play are pretty close to regular rubber.
Definitely agree to go with what feels best, it took me a bit to get that Super Bands upper flipper feeling "dialed in".

Yeah, I like PP on most games, especially after a few games when the initial stickiness wears off. Never really thought about it on AIQ, but IMDN was such a difference I was shocked going back to regular. AIQ wasn't a HUGE difference, but definitely more noticeable than I expected. As for durability, I never had an issue with PP on my upper flipper, and it must have been on there 500 games or so. We'll see how well the regular rubber lasts...I'm expecting not very well, LOL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/165 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.