IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maniac227.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9999 1 year ago

Do you think AIQ is going to get another code update?

I am a new owner and after playing a bit I can think of a few wish-list code changes:

- Space Gem: I wish the Space Gem gave you an extra shot to hit on modes on whatever shot you placed it on. Currently i hate that i never want to get this gem until its the last one. I don't think it would be too unbalanced but it could have a limited # of shots during each mode if that was a concern.

- Thanos Attacks: I wish Thanos Attacks mode kept the gem stealing part but you were safe from draining like Soul Gem mode. When playing the mode it seems like the points aren't worth the danger, and I almost just want to trap up and let him have a gem.

- How many more times do i have to complete Thor?: I wish it was easier to see your current Thor multiball progression after the 1st one. I think it would be easier to see if you filled up partial letters and it always would give you a multi-ball when "Thor" was full. But on this one maybe i'm just not seeing it during play very well.

You guys have any wishlist items?

#10003 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Agree that Space Gem isn't useful enough. I always do it last. Moving the gems around doesn't really do anything, or actually it's usually a net loss, in moving gems to worse locations more often than to better locations (since you put them on good locations in the first place.)

re: moving gems around, Agree.
At a certain level its probably useful but it isn't fun. It reminds me of the Star Wars multiplier shot manipulation. Such a weird option to add to a game that is supposed to be very flowy, and I think the Space Gem movement is not a very fun addition to this extremely flowy game. I just want to set it and forget it and currently i'm just trying to place it out of the way where i don't want to put another gem.

Quoted from vikingerik:

What AIQ really needs is an outlane ball resurrect feature, like on Star Wars and Rush and Led Zep and many others. There's no insert on the playfield for it, but it could be indicated by flashing/pulsing the I or N outlane light.

Having an option for this in the menu would be nice. Especially for new players who get crushed by that left outlane.

Quoted from vikingerik:

The biggest thing code could fix is how many times you need to spin up the disc to enable the next mode. I drain half my balls just doing that. The game could really use some shortcut to spinning up the disc sometimes, maybe the Sanctum target. Also allow disc spins to count during the Collect Gem / Place Gem steps, it's completely maddening that you have to finish those before spins will count again. Also for Thanos Attacks, just enable it right away like the Assembled modes instead of spinning up the disc yet again, if you're going to screw over the player with this useless mode, at least give him that much.

The disc is the most dangerous for my games as well.
Agree on Thanos Attacks should be enabled right away like the other modes.

#10004 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I almost always try to win Thanos Attacks, but if you want to trap up and let him win a gem, I would recommend doing it with Reality gem since it’s one of the easiest to win and one of the highest scoring.

re: Reality gem repeat.
That's a great idea. Until i get better at the black panther shot i might do that.

#10006 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well its not a joint effort between you and the coders to make the game easier for you.

The Thanos Attacks change would make it a bit easier, but i thought the change would make a lot of newer players enjoy that mode a lot more and actually want to play it out (and who have vocally complained that the mode isn't fun for them and some of which who bailed on the game).

Sometimes changes aren't about difficulty. If people are always getting Space Gem last and lots of players aren't playing out Thanos Attacks (or even vocally bashing the game because of the mode) it doesn't hurt to take a look and tweak things a bit. shrug

#10013 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've always enjoyed the thanos attack mode. It's pretty simple as it's always the same 3 shots to save the gem and they are safe shots. It's also got a very generous ball save. This is the first I've heard people complaining about it. Usually I hear people complaining about Soul Gem due to the "stress" of having limited flips. I love that mode too. If anything I wish both modes were harder by changing up shots needed to complete.

I think mixing up the shots would be a great idea.

#10018 1 year ago

I probably shouldn't have even mentioned Thanos Attacks, really gets the talk about code changes derailed.

Does anyone have any other code wishlist items?

I still want a better Space Gem. Does anyone have any other good ideas for Space Gem to be a little more fun in play?

I wish we also had an additional wizard mode, something for the really good players to aspire to besides the Computer Frenzy. (Of course i don't have the topper which makes me feel like it needs another wizard mode).

And for my personal playstyle i hate that you have to switch gems around all the time. I wish they could be balanced around providing occasional benefits for each mode without having to switch gems all the time.

#10027 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Coop would be cool. Especially if they added a "Choose your Avenger" that maybe applied different bonuses and handicaps to make it interesting.

Ya, that would be sweet

#10059 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Can anybody tell me how to identify what gems you've already Got

You can see which gems you have currently collected on the back LCD (on the bottom). The unlit gems will show you which you have to collect still (i'm not sure if it notes which ones you've already failed).

You can also see the acquired Gems by looking at which Avengers shots have the "diamond" lit, i.e. if Black Widow's "diamond" insert is lit Blue then you have placed the Mind Gem on her.

Thanos's Gauntlet in the back right of the playfield will show which Gems you have failed and he has acquired.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

Also.what tells you how to collect each gem???

Edit: Each gem has a few different collection methods but for the most part just hit the lit shots AND you will successfully complete the Gem quest.
And then you have to Collect the Gem at the right ramp (it will have a Collect Gem insert lit).

Here's a good breakdown of the gem quests (and the other rules as well):
http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740#heading--gemdetails

#10078 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Side note; is the power gem supposed to be a 2-ball mode? Twice now I’ve selected it and the game gave me a 2nd ball + short ball saver. I need to read up on the rules.

You probably had a Portal Lock enabled. If you combo enough shots, spin the disc to grab the portal lock, and then start the gem quest you will have a 2 or 3 ball multiball AND have a multiplier enabled for your gem quest.

1 week later
#10211 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Has anyone made any kind of adjustments on their shooter lane to have plunges be more successful to go around the ramp to flipper? My manual plunges seem ok for the most part, but auto plunges are like 50% success rate. It’s probably the typical auto plunge prongs from stern (which suck) that I’ll probably have to toy with.

Ya, my auto plunge is about 75% success rate.
I didn't really see many options to adjust the forks on first glance.
Curious how everyone fine tunes this.

1 week later
#10269 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I'd say the better use of the Captain Marvel multiplier is for the Reality Gem, not the Soul Gem. All the blowup scores I get come from that - shots of 100m or more during more Binary hurryups, Battle Royale, Super Victory Laps, and 30m multiple times in Trophy Mania.

Some quick questions regarding Capt. Marvel and gems...

How does Power gem compare on Capt. Marvel? Getting the perks faster and more binary shots worth it or Reality all the way?

I have the Pro and i heard that my Capt. Marvel multiplier doesn't go up? If that is the case should i go with Power?

#10282 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I really wish they would implement that on the Pro. I get that it's nice to differentiate the Premium from the Pro machine, but this game already does that from the layout and mechs.

Agree.

#10283 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

Thanks guys, I’m an idiot, I finally found it in the settings… does anyone else have a problem with the auto launcher… my ball keeps ending up stuck under Thanos’ glove (premium)

There's an indexed "Key Post" with some tips on this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/145#post-6332227

Also i've seen a post somewhere on how to rig up a plastic edge to keep the occasional ball from getting stuck under gauntlet.

2 weeks later
#10418 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

This evening I turned on my Avengers and it can’t find node boards 1, 8 and 9. The coin door is closed and when open, I have the interlock pulled out. I will file a ticket in the morning but has anyone else had this happen? [quoted image]

I had a few node board messages and had to go reseat all the connectors.
I really didn't find any obvious loose connectors but reseating everything did work so apparently they have to be pretty tight.

1 week later
#10470 1 year ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

Oh, I notice the Spinner Disc sticks up just a bit, anyone know how to lower it a touch?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have a Pro model so i'm telling you the manual way to adjust it.
The Premium might have a software adjustment i don't know about.

Snip from Manual attached.

Underneath you can loosen the plastic locking nut and then screw in/out the shaft leveling bushings to raise or lower the height.
As far as correcting the disc being high on one side and dipping on another i think someone mentioned some tips in this thread but i forget where ...

AIQShaftAssembly (resized).pngAIQShaftAssembly (resized).png
#10472 1 year ago

This one is pretty useful but the one post i'm thinking of was if the shaft was slanted and out of alignment with the playfield.

#10475 1 year ago

Hmm, I assumed the balls would get magnetized by the tower.
Sweet, i'll switch to the shinier Ninja balls.

2 weeks later
#10547 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta: Very nice of them to follow in IMDN's steps and add a previously locked feature for pro/non-topper owners for the masses with Insider Connect. Interested to see what this mode is all about. Was no way in the world I was paying 100s of dollars for Stern's lame ass topper for one mode.

Gem Mode is no longer held hostage by the topper!
That is sweet!!! (and what it should have been...)

Quoted from Peanuts:

- Gamma Ray - score balancing increased base value from 50K to 100K, spin increment from 5K to 7K, start increment from 25K to 10K

Love the increase to Gamma scoring. Gamma Ray is so visceral and satisfying when you rip that spinner but always felt like a bit of a letdown scoring wise compared to marvel binary or shield bonus.

Now i just wish we got to do them more often then just on hulk powerups, perhaps like Shield Bonus or Marvel ramps...

#10562 1 year ago
Quoted from Yodamtu44:

I was in middle of IronMan Muliti-ball when suddenly I had 6 balls going and the gem lights were all lit. I was focused so much I only got a couple glances at the screen, but I did see “Stone Excitement” and some type of Final Jackpot (that I missed because I drained looking at screen….lol). I didn’t see it start but assuming this was Gem mania because it wasn’t on BINGO menu anymore.
In general, I’m liking this update!

Yes, had the same experience with Gem mania and didn't even realize i started it during a multiball.
Saw a Gem Jackpot flash once but thought it was something else and then at the end of the game i got the Gem Mania achievement.

#10603 1 year ago
Quoted from Steakfist:

One more thing that's been irking me - I've had the machine barely a month and I've changed the upper flipper rubber twice already cause it just seems to get minced up by brick shots to it - and that was before I just rebuilt the flippers. Anyone else had this problem?

Glad i'm not the only one...

But it is a good reminder for me to hold up the left flipper when i'm shooting the Hulk shot so its safer regarding drains.

#10659 1 year ago

Damn, was hoping to get a score up on the stern leaderboard but looks like Awesome1 already has a good one up (~4B)

#10664 1 year ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

alright, be honest. do you think GZ is better than AIQ? I like both, but GZ seems markedly better, and I don't care for either theme. am i the only one?
Elwin is king of stern, forever regardless. we are all at the mercy of theme selections now. Thank god for great PF designs and unique shots

I think AIQ is a much better shooter than Godzilla, but i think Godzilla has done a better job than AIQ with its animations/callouts and having lots of stuff to do.
In Godzilla you have the option to do missions, tanks, bridges, powerlines, jet fighters, saucers, power ups, and allies.

Sometimes it feels like they didn't really polish the code side of AIQ as much as they should have.
But for me a good shooter is my highest priority so AIQ is my favorite.

1 week later
#10710 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Question for the group. I am a mediocre / bad player. Is there a way to get a stone once you lose the encounter? On Deadpool if you lose you can just go right back into the fight and start back where you left off. I get frustrated playing Avengers cause I will lose a battle then lose the gem and have no way of getting it back.

Quoted from CypherPinball:

You can (attempt to) get it back with Hawkeye challenge. Hit the action button when it lights.

You can also win a Gem back by defending all gems in the mode "Thanos Attacks" but you only see this mode if you retrieve the Soul Gem.

1 week later
#10755 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What’s the link to the leaderboard, and how do you participate? Is it automatic? I just had a 2 bil game so curious.

It is automatic when playing under your connected account.

They just retired the AIQ board and now have activated Deadpool but here it is:
https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/events

SternPinball.com->Insider: Insider Connected->Stern Events

#10783 1 year ago
Quoted from A_J_B:

After playing about 10 games the left flipper drooped about 3/4 to 1 inch below the alignment divot. Being that I'm still new to this pinball stuff (lots of fun with pins at the house now), I contacted Stern and the provided me with instructions on how to realign the flipper (loosen the setscrew, realign the flipper, and tighten). I followed the instructions but now the bracket on the plunger/crank assembly doesn't hold the flipper shaft at all (flipper slip is occurring). I torqued the setscrew it about as much as I could (even broke the washer that goes between the bracket and the screw) but it still doesn't hold it all.

When it comes to flipper slip, i usually rough up the part of the shaft that is being tightened down on with some course sandpaper and that usually solves the issue for me.

edit: I assumed this machine was new but if you've played a few games on it you should also check that your plunger is moving smoothly through your coil sleeve. A dirty/old coil sleeve and mushroomed plunger tip will also cause a plunger to stick (usually up though).

1 week later
#10821 1 year ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

Another inexpensive mod. Vinyl wrap. Easy, just a heat gun or blow dryer. amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is a nice DIY idea

1 month later
#11042 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

when I hit the ball with the right flipper there are shots that do not go over the spinning disk...these shots also have flying balls when they hit the post

I've never gotten air balls from the posts, but i have gotten them from the Sanctum target back there.
If your sanctum target is causing air balls, like mine was, i would advise installing the anti-airball wedges this pinsider is selling:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1377-pinball-haven/05733-anti-airball-target-bracket-wedge

3 weeks later
#11138 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Doesn’t the topper add a multi-ball to the game?

Yes GEM Mania (or other similar name), BUT in the new code WITH insider connected you can also play this mode which is started from a drop target reward.

2 weeks later
#11214 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Backhanding Capt Marvel ramp-after precision flipper install.
So great to hear all of the comments!
So to clarify- before precision flippers- could only make this shot occasionally on the fly- never from a cradle and never from the right flipper. This shot drove me nuts- was so frustrating especially during Soul Gem. I was very close to getting rid of the game.
After precision flippers- shot is now easily makeable from either flipper on the fly which I had never seen before on the (backhand) right flipper shot.
So now I will go back to my game and try cradle shots from both flippers and hopefully post a video.
Regardless, precision flippers for me was a great solution.

Captain Marvel rejects are one of the main frustrations people have with the game (on the premium at least).
Sounds like a great upgrade.

I currently have the Pro version but this might make me upgrade to the Premium for the extra smooth flow the captain marvel shot brings (and without the frustrating rejects).

#11248 1 year ago
Quoted from cam24175:

Hi. Does the movie code work when the pin has the newest version code. I would love to have different call outs and things. That is probably what this pin needs the most. Thanks

No, the movie code is a version back.
Movie code doesn't include the Gem Mania mode (for Insider Connected) and Thor MB and Gamma Ray score bonuses.

#11250 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Hello guys. Unfortunately, this is another auto plunger post. I’ve been having my machine since early 2021. It has about 4200 plays on it. I’ve never really had a problem with the auto plunger. In fact, it had about a 90 to 95% success rate. I am now noticing that the auto launch is much weaker. Yes, it doesn’t make it up the ramp. In fact, it’s now barely making it around to the pops. It seems very “soft” sounding. I have some video to show you. I picked up the play field and had a bunch of black dust on the shaker motor cover. Everything mechanically around the coil seems OK. Do I have a coil going out? Is that what the black dust is? I appreciate everyone’s input on this. Thanks.

I would check that the coil sleeve is in good shape and replace if its worn.
And if the coil stop and plunger are mushroomed they might be grabbing in the sleeve as well and need to be replaced.

1 week later
#11299 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

According to the read me, Gem Mania replaced the 10 mil grid award. I don't know that it is tracking gems across games.
- Insider Connected - adding Insider Connected ability to start 'Gem Mania" if you are logged in
- Insider Connected - 'Gem Mania' award will take the place of 10M Points award in the computer grid

Hmm, I always assumed that this was a carrot to purchase Insider Connected but maybe the ability to track across games is why the code was just added to the insider connected version of the code and not to all versions.

1 month later
#11575 1 year ago
Quoted from butterz:

Can someone explain why this is not rated higher? Perhaps some people find it too hard?

I think the main issue with it not being higher rated is that a lot of people find the rules too confusing for them and the callouts and assets aren't the best.

I think the flow is second to none but do wish the code was deeper. I feel like this game didn't get the same treatment on code that Jurassic Park or Godzilla received.

#11604 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

when it goes down a lane it’s not lighting up I-r-o-N ;yet what’s stranger is iron man is getting powered up some times ???
Really weird issue

You can also spot IRON letters from hitting the sanctum target when Spot IRON is lit.

3 months later
#11966 10 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

There's one indirect way to sort-of tell: when you complete the quest, if Victory Laps doesn't start (with its quick ball-saver), then the portal lock multiplier had decreased to 1 so you were no longer in a gem quest multiball that could convert to the victory laps multiball.

Ah, that is a good catch.

I really wish we had a graphic on the screen which would ALWAYS show our current portal lock multiplier.
Its such a huge part of the scoring but given so little emphasis in the displays.

3 months later
#12188 6 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Do the unused subway inserts on the Pro light up at all, or serve any function?

They do light up and keep track of your portal locks

1 month later
#12397 4 months ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

This Antman ramp has an integrated switch and even though it is a difficult shot, the switch will register even if the ball only goes halfway up the ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Impressive integrating the switch as well!

ps. If you ever produce a shallower captain marvel ramp for the premium, i think it would sell and would really convert some of the haters of this pin

1 week later
#12426 4 months ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

What's on everyone's wishlist for a firmware update if there's a new CE?

I don't think AIQ will ever get another code update but if it did i'd love to see...

Better callouts and animation
The spider and comic code really help with this, but i worry that stern is going to be putting out a lot more code updates in the future (ads) and it will be really hard to keep special code up to date. Also non-home users would appreciate better callouts as well.

Defeat Thanos is a little too easy compared to getting there and anti-climactic
Getting to Thanos was really hard but beating Thanos was actually easier for me than beating Thanos Attacks.
It was a bit of a let down when i was looking for a real challenge.

And if you have all gems it's even more anti-climactic: (ending from awesome)

I would rather the gems provide benefits while you are fighting thanos to turn an insanely hard fight to a more manageable fight.

Thanos Attacks should be more rewarding and have more variety in shots

• Since thanos attacks steals a gem it would be nice for it to be more lucrative. I think it should be a press your luck type mode for big rewards including points, avenger levels, computer awards, portal locks, etc.
  • More variety in shots: instead of always a repeat of the same 3 shots, the shots should be similar to the shots you normally make in the mode or a horde like mode where the shots get "closer" until you are defeated.

Captain Marvel level up for Pro machines
The code should work the same for both the pro and premium so we can both level up captain marvel and add that extra layer of strategy.

More Gem Placement Flexibility and quality of life changes
A lot of gems don't really work well on certain avengers. It would be cool if they added some code to have more robust usage for each gem so they would be more applicable to more avengers and have more variety in strategies.

• time gem: it would be cool to extend shot timers for the relevant shot as well for shots like hulk gamma ray or capt marvel hurry up
  • space gem: it would cool if you could also move shot locations for the mode. So if you have a hard time hitting the hulk shot or captain marvel shot you could use the space gem to switch the shot 1 spot over to black panther or black widow, etc.
  • quality of life for drops: putting a gem on the drops should reset before each mode (with a lower benefit) so you don't have to bother with change gems to get benefits

Additional/Harder Soul Gem
Personally i feel Soul Gem mode is too safe and i would like the hard mode/or an additional harder soul gem mode where if you fail you lose your ball.
I'm probably in the minority on this one though...

#12428 4 months ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Hahah... I have yet to successfully complete Soul Gem mode on its normal settings. I can't imagine making it harder. <facepalm>

Don't worry man, you'll get it!

#12432 4 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

This is one aspect of the game I'm still struggling to grasp, mind sharing your typical strategies for gem placements and why?! I'm a relatively new owner and digging the game, but I'm basically throwing gems all over the place and hoping for the best!

The intro course (and based on my personal preference) from a so-so player

I put Mind Gem (spot shots) or Soul Gem (complete mode points) on Black Widow Ramp
Since Black Widow Ramp is the most common shot for me and the bonuses for either of these gems get awesome as black widow levels up (Mind gem spots more shots and Soul Gem gets more and more points if you complete a quest)

I put the Power Gem (level up avenger) on Black Panther
I do this to level up Black Panther (and keep him leveled) so that the combo shot timer is always lengthened which will make it easier to get combos and result in more portal locks.
A strong second option is to place on Captain Marvel to level her up or just to get more Captain Marvel hurry ups/awards.
The Pros switch the Power Gem around to each avenger they want to level up to get the avengers assemble! faster.

I put the Time Gem (increase timer) on the drops
I do this because i hit the drops often enough to increase the timers enough, and I want to use "real shots" on better gems.

I put the Reality Gem (2x points) on whichever shot i like to cash out the most
My favorite shot to make points on is the Captain America shot (shield bonus combo shot) so i usually put it there.
Other options include Captain Marvel for more valuable hurry ups or Hulk for better gamma ray scoring (and Space Gem mode scoring)

Space Gem
I usually place this in an out of the way spot since i don't use it much and usually get it at the end of the game

Better and more in depth thread
I think this thread might be a little too in depth but i remember it being pretty good:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-for-dummies-complete-tutorial-stream-and-flashcards

awesome1 and @eaglepin. Edit: forgot vikingerik
They have also both posted some great gem strategies that are both good for basic and for advanced strats, but i wasn't able to find them with a quick search but they are in this thread somewhere...

#12433 4 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

This was actually in older code. It was dropped in version 1.00. But before that, there was a whole section in the Stern rulesheet about each of the gem perks for fighting Thanos and anti-perks if he has them. Like, I remember Mind Gem's anti-perk was that shots don't unlight when you hit them so you have to remember which ones you hit. I reached that playing on location a few times before v1.00 and saw some of it, though I didn't know the game all that well to maximize the knowledge. I guess it was all dropped for simplicity (the regular gem powers are complicated enough), but there's some alternate universe where those effects still exist.

That would have been really interesting. Bummed it was scrapped.
I can see how the "feels bad" could get a bit much when thanos has all the gems but they should have at least included the perks of having a gem during the battle intact.

#12438 4 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

It would be great if the screen told you the current mode multiplyer (1X, 2X or 3X) both when the gem mode starts, and ongoing….sometimes I’m not sure if I brought in IMMB or Thor MB in time, until I get to victory laps (or not).

Oh man, totally forgot about the current multiplier!
Definitely one of my biggest wishlist items, and has to be a pretty easy one to get done.

#12442 4 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

- outlanes are brutal.

First, I assume you've adjusted the outlane adjustable posts to the smallest/closed position.

Second, i saved a lot more balls from the outlane when i started nudging the machine more to try to intercept the ball with the ledges above the outlanes.

Third, if you increase the steepness of the machine it tends to make the game a bit faster but generally you usually have less outlane drains.

- there are no ball save on the outlanes from what I can see?

Correct. Keith is tough

- a slow ball rolling from the right orbit will go STDM

(I'm assuming you have the premium)
You can handle this a few different ways.

First, you could make the pitch of the game a little steeper and or a little higher on the right to direct the ball a bit more.
You can play with it a bit to see what works for you.

Second, you could put a larger rubber on the post at the end of the orbit so it bounces away from the orbit a little more.

Third, when you notice it going a bit slow, you can start trying to nudge the ball off the side of the machine to help the post bounce it a bit farther than normal and "hop" the center drain.
Its an important skill that does take some work to master but a good skill to have.

- the disc gets stuck... The upper part of the disc often gets blocked with the wire form ramp, and I have to hit it to unblock it

I don't know too much about the premium model but i believe you can adjust some of the disc settings from the software menu. There is also an adjustment underneath the playfield to raise or lower the disc as well.

#12445 4 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I wonder if I took out the bearings if it would spin less but not always block tha sanctum and the inner loop…can anyone attest?

Hmm, i think that would probably work.
Or i think you could add a counter weight so the disc would rest at a different location which isn't quite so obstructive.

#12451 3 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Started it up yesterday for some kids that were visiting.
Gotta hold BOTH flippers to get the mode select.

The new venom code starts using the action button to select the game modes instead of the double flipper operation.
I hope this style gets ported to the other stern games like AIQ as well because most players don't know about these modes.

#12453 3 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

My son, recently turned 11, just had a 3.8B game yesterday in which he got all six gems, beat Thanos, beat BR, did Trophy Mania or whatever, did gem mania, Victory Laps, etc. Just incredible. It was the second game in a row in which he got all six gems.

Holy crap. Well done. I see some pinball tourney winnings in your future

2 weeks later
#12494 3 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

This is how mine is set up (pass through, no teeth). The actual gameplay is almost identical to having a working subway mech (more balls exiting the antman scoop as opposed to auto-launched).
My original mech was glitchy, and the replacement from Stern wasn’t much better. Both look identical to me. I never bothered to take it apart to investigate more thoroughly, as I grew accustomed to the “pass through” mode of play.

Imo, its a lot faster and has better flow anyways

#12511 3 months ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:Maybe it has been asked and answered, but my plunger shots never make it up the back ramp anymore and always fall back into the pop-bumpers.
Sometimes even on the auto-plunge?
Thoughts? Fixes??

Quoted from bwalter:

I have this same problem with my Pro. The plunges have *never* reliably made it over the back ramp, manual or automatic. It was NIB only three months ago. I’ve adjusted the shooter rod and bracket, autoplunge setting to max, etc. A few pages back someone linked to an earlier post on this thread from a year or two ago where they replaced the whole plunger coil with a more powerful coil, and the manual plunger spring with a red spring instead of orange. I plan to do this at some point, but it’s frustrating that I should even have to.

Quoted from EaglePin:

Have you taken slo motion video of plunges to see what's happening? My guess would be that they're not entering the orbit smoothly to make it up the ramp. Probably hitting the orbit guide rail and rattling.

Manual Plunger
Definitely replace with a stronger spring, and I also had to tweak the plunger to line up correctly in the center of the ball.

Auto-Plunger
Mine is starting to perform poorly as well, but i notice that the coil stop is starting to rattle in there.
I need to replace another bad stern coil stop with a nice one from pinball life.

Lane Rattling
Check the transition from the shooter lane to the right orbit where there is a strip of unsupported thin steel.
This transition steel piece will often be deformed from the ball hitting it causing it to flare out and will cause the ball to rattle in the lane and not complete the path all the way around to the right flipper.

To fix this i've seen people put a thin shim behind this metal to provide proper support so it won't press in from the ball going around that transition.

1 month later
#12590 54 days ago
Quoted from Beeloots:

Hi everyone, I've had an AIQ on loan from an operator for the last 10 months or so and I love it. One issue I'm having though is when the ball returns down the Black Panther lane it seems to bounce off the rubbers there. I've noticed in every other AIQ I've seen on video, this doesn't seem to happen so I'm wondering if a piece of metal should be there and isn't? Here's a photo of the bounce spot.
I did check the stickied posts to see if this has been brought up before but I didn't see anything. Apologies if it's been repeated.
[quoted image]

I can't quite tell if that is a premium or a pro from the pic...

If its a premium its supposed to hit the post and bounce to the left flipper (similar to jurassic park premium) where its a pretty easy dead bounce if desired.

If its a pro then it feeds directly to the right flipper.

4 weeks later
#12645 26 days ago
Quoted from blskewes:

So just got a New AIQ Premium, are there any addon/parts that need to be done or replaced with better components?

Sanctum Mod - so you can see the Extra Ball and Add-a-Ball lights better
Shooter lane protection

#12649 26 days ago
Quoted from blskewes:

the product made by Mezel Mods?

Ya, but there are other ones out there a bit cheaper that allow you to see the lights as well.
https://mezelmods.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-sanctum-sanctorum-building

1 week later
#12701 14 days ago
Quoted from rai:

Been reading the rules page seems straightforward enough except the gem placement.

A few extra reasons for Power Gem placement choices that you can try out.

Power Gem on Black Panther
An additional reason for placement on Black Panther is that keeping a level 1 or higher Black Panther adds 3 seconds to the combo timer which makes it easier to get your combos and portal locks and makes the other gem modes easier (and more valuable).

NOT using Power Gem on Hulk if you don't like to shuffle gems
I don't like moving around my gems all the time, so I don't place Power on Hulk because once Hulk is level 2 then I don't ever get anymore Hulk Gamma Ray events which IMO are really fun.

Power Gem on Captain Marvel (for Pro)
I don't think this is necessarily optimal, but I tried this on the Pro and it was a lot of fun because you get so many extra Mystery awards and binary hurry ups.
I noticed that having those extra Mystery awards were really nice to have for the extra Add-a-Ball awards for multiballs, extra timed modes, and collecting avenger awards. Definitely something to try for fun sometime.

1 week later
#12728 3 days ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Has anyone ever seen a ball get stuck here? Took me awhile to find this one

Quoted from vikingerik:

Yeah getting stuck behind the bumper is actually fairly common on AIQ, happened on mine several times.

It has only happened to me twice but its definitely a known issue for people.

There's a plastic piece sold by mezel mods that blocks that spot:
https://mezelmods.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-anti-stuck-ball

Also, some people have DIY'd their own solutions to this, but I couldn't find a link.

#12743 2 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

I am not sure this is true. All of my NIB Sterns have come with the outlane posts in the middle (or 2nd-lowest) position, including my AIQ Pro built last summer.

I think this is a recent change by stern.
Default NIB post position used to be closed but now the defaults have been moved to middle from the NIB machines i've seen.
But its possible this might be a designer preference.

#12755 2 days ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

Cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater!
By the way, what is the disc mod and where can I get it?

This is one of those mods that does make scoring easier but its a lot of fun and really satisfying to get that disc ripping.
In some ways its similar to comparing some scores of spinner heavy scoring machines with super lubed spinners vs standard spinners.
I'd rather make the machine harder in other areas and keep the fun of ripping those spinners/discs.

Oh, I also like that it has a resting spot which solves my pet peeve of the disc where it's really hard to spin when the post is in the top position where i'm just clunking multiple shots off of the disc post to finally move the post into a spot where i can spin it from a bottom or upper flipper shot.

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1341-precision-pinball-prod/05285-dr-strange-disc-mod-kit

#12759 2 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Definitely hit me up if you are ever in Northern California. I’m sure we would get along great and have fun playing!
I have family in Maryland (I’m originally from there) and get back to visit from time to time. Maybe we can work something out sometime there as well.

Golden State Pinball Festival is coming up...

If you guys want to meet up for a AIQ lovers play session/contest, count me in.

#12764 2 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

Is it indeed compatible with AIQ Pro?

Yes, i had it on my Pro.

Quoted from bwalter:

The only real problematic aspect of the spinning disc is that it stops in the top positions way, way too often and that makes hitting the disc really challenging.

Yes, but i do have to say that on mine it had a resting position in the lower left which made the sanctum shot hard from the bottom flippers.
Sometimes i would shoot the sanctum target from the upper flipper.
But you can play a little bit with the setup of the disc to see what works for you.

It was much less aggravating than the disc being in the topmost hard to move position

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maniac227.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=maniac227 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.