IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 256.
#7201 2 years ago

I’m usually fine with a pro model, but the features in the premium are why I wanted it, without them I wouldn’t have wanted an Avengers. I’ll get it all sorted out and will play the shit out it, I’m just more in the play stage of pinball then have to fuck with a game to get it to work.

#7202 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Don't forget, you also lose out on the ant-man scoop which is great to take a breather and move your gems around.

I don't miss the scoop, actually prefer the pro play with fast target return and no waiting on balls going through the subway. Changing gems does take one extra step on the pro (hit antman then the potbelly ramp to stop the ball while changing) but that's not a big deal. The ball stops often enough on the pro I don't feel the scoop is needed.

#7203 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I’m usually fine with a pro model, but the features in the premium are why I wanted it, without them I wouldn’t have wanted an Avengers. I’ll get it all sorted out and will play the shit out it, I’m just more in the play stage of pinball then have to fuck with a game to get it to work.

Yep, everyone is different. I went premium on Maiden due to the art and mummy lock, but really don't care for the extra mode (madness) and will disable it eventually. Got lucky that none of the orbs have ever given me issues and mummy only needed a wire resoldered once. For JP I went pro as there were too many issues with the dino and I wanted to play, not fix. Bad first impression - I broke the dino on the first JP Prem I played at Expo '19

I can always upgrade later on either / both if I want to.

#7204 2 years ago

For those that don't want the headache or delay of the subway/spinner mechs. you can disable the rising spinner. I believe it then works more like a Pro.(this is what is required for the AIQ Pinclash if you have a Prem.) but you still have the CM ramp to shoot. Maybe the best for both worlds for some? I don't have any issues and I'd still be frustrated on buying a feature you can't use reliably.

#7205 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I've never had that issue. With both mechs, the issue for me is with the last finger in the subway not always raising all the way, which puts the 2nd ball lock out of the view of the sensor... So it doesn't know the ball is there, thinks it's in the playfield, and goes into a ball search, thus releasing both balls from the subway.

I posted pictures showing that the last finger in the subway is not raising because it is getting stuck between the long rod on the bottom connecting to all the fingers and the side of the mechanism. The updated subway walk mechanism works great for me. It has welds that are not as thick and it appears harder for the finger to get wedged between the side and the rod. You can search on my user name and find the post from a month or two ago.

Someone also made a 3D "fix" and provided the file that goes beneath the coil and gently pushes the rod over so that it cannot get out of position and allow the finger to get jammed between the rod and side.

#7206 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Not quite true that you always have to hit the sanctum Kev.
There are 4 lights lit at the start of Mind gem, Hulk, Black Widow, Captain Marvel and Black Panther. One of them will be blinking a little faster, and indicates they are under mind control.
If you hit any shot you can then spin the disc to free them. The more shots you hit before spinning the disc the more points it's worth.
Repeat this 3 times.
If you have hit the blinking shot in all 3 stages you don't have to hit the sanctum target. If you have missed the blinking light, even just once, you need the sanctum target.
If I'm in single ball play I'll focus on making the blinking shot before spinning the disc, so I don't have to hit the sanctum. In MB I just want to spin the disc asap so I can then keep shooting for the sanctum.

To make sure I understand: you mean while trying to collect the mind gem, during battling for the mind gem?

#7207 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

To make sure I understand: you mean while trying to collect the mind gem, during battling for the mind gem?

#7208 2 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I posted pictures showing that the last finger in the subway is not raising because it is getting stuck between the long rod on the bottom connecting to all the fingers and the side of the mechanism. The updated subway walk mechanism works great for me. It has welds that are not as thick and it appears harder for the finger to get wedged between the side and the rod. You can search on my user name and find the post from a month or two ago.
Someone also made a 3D "fix" and provided the file that goes beneath the coil and gently pushes the rod over so that it cannot get out of position and allow the finger to get jammed between the rod and side.

Stern is sending me another mech so I'm hoping mine has the better welds like you noted. Unfortunately, he did say that engineering isn't doing any redesigns right now, and the fact that the replacement mech was bad as well means it could fail at any time which is a little disappointing. I'll try to find that post about the 3d printed fix as well - that sounds interesting and maybe a good first print for me to try once I get the bed on my 3d printer leveled properly... (it's a bit frustrating overall LOL).

#7209 2 years ago

I got a replacement mech from Stern to fix the finger getting stuck beside the actuator bar, and the first game I played with the new subway the middle weld broke.

I'm back on my sloppy mech with my 3d printed fix, which works every time.

#7210 2 years ago

if this has already been discussed and if someone can point me in the right direction to earlier in the thread, most appreciated. Does anyone else have any issues when starting gem quests on the pro where the ball doesn't fall and hold with the post? Mine seems to fall and stay there to start the mode properly only about 50% of the time - so quite often I'm having to start my mode with the ball not falling to the left and holding properly - instead it falls to the right, back into the playfield. The ball drop from the ramp seems to be positioned correctly and the game is perfectly levelled. Anyone else with a pro have this issue?

#7211 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

if this has already been discussed and if someone can point me in the right direction to earlier in the thread, most appreciated. Does anyone else have any issues when starting gem quests on the pro where the ball doesn't fall and hold with the post? Mine seems to fall and stay there to start the mode properly only about 50% of the time - so quite often I'm having to start my mode with the ball not falling to the left and holding properly - instead it falls to the right, back into the playfield. The ball drop from the ramp seems to be positioned correctly and the game is perfectly levelled. Anyone else with a pro have this issue?

I'm probably at like 90+% success rate, it has slowly been getting worse since I got it. I think Im gonna do some slow-mo video to see how the ball bounces around as it exits the wireform to see what needs to be done. I suspect I need to move the exit hole slightly to the back and right, or twist the wireform slightly so the ball falls out cleanly but I think the slow-mo video will show it more clearly.

#7212 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'm probably at like 90+% success rate, it has slowly been getting worse since I got it. I think Im gonna do some slow-mo video to see how the ball bounces around as it exits the wireform to see what needs to be done. I suspect I need to move the exit hole slightly to the back and right, or twist the wireform slightly so the ball falls out cleanly but I think the slow-mo video will show it more clearly.

Take a look at the one way gate next to it to see if bending that down a little helps.

#7213 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

A super slight adjustment to the wire form to move where the ball drops can make a big difference in whether it bounces slightly off the ball guide and rolls around the post or if it lands and gets trapped by the post.

#7214 2 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Amazing man, what was your strategy on the Gems?

I'm still trying to figure out how to maximize the usage of gems, but on this approach I went to collect Mind, Reality, Space, Time in that order and it turned out pretty well. That is the extent of my strategery...

#7215 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Nice! I'm guessing the pic was taken after a short extra ball since no combos and only 53 switches hit?

Correct, too brief of an extra ball. Wasted that one big time.

#7216 2 years ago

I just got my avengers premium. Everytime I hit the right center gauntlet ramp my ball will loop around and fly off the rails. Anyone else have this issue and fix? I’m thinking I may need to bend in the beginning top right portion of the rail.

1453D51F-11D6-42DB-9C9A-6FD8CDE2949C (resized).jpeg1453D51F-11D6-42DB-9C9A-6FD8CDE2949C (resized).jpeg
#7217 2 years ago

Is the Thor figure too close to the rail, ball bumping into him?

#7218 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Correct, too brief of an extra ball. Wasted that one big time.

Hate when that happens - which of course is more often than I would like! Worse when it's your last ball and you have everything ready...

#7219 2 years ago
IMG_E0756 (resized).JPGIMG_E0756 (resized).JPG
#7220 2 years ago

My kitten decided to show me how easy it is to defeat Thanos by destroying the printout of the rules...

20210611_101839 (resized).jpg20210611_101839 (resized).jpg
#7221 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

[quoted image]

Sweet SGJP! I’m guessing….a nice 3 ball reality gem cashed in with the soul gem on a boosted CM? Am I close?

#7222 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Sweet SGJP! I’m guessing….a nice 3 ball reality gem cashed in with the soul gem on a boosted CM? Am I close?

You are dead on!

#7223 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Anyone out there have time to give me the comparison in their opinion? I would love some honest feedback vs LZ, pro/prem, etc.

FEB build premium. No issues with disc or lock.

Iron Man lock magnet on the other hand has blown a node board and the power distribution board.

#7224 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

You are dead on!

It was the simplest way I could think of….plus that’s how I got my own biggest SGJP (although it was under 300m).

#7225 2 years ago

So I cut my best battle royale time in half last night, thought this was pretty darn good! 3:23

B81F2ECE-93D9-43EF-811C-58B9132554FF (resized).jpegB81F2ECE-93D9-43EF-811C-58B9132554FF (resized).jpeg
#7226 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

So I cut my best battle royale time in half last night, thought this was pretty darn good! 3:23
[quoted image]

Great job!

I've learned a few "tricks" to improve scoring and reduce time in Battle Royale Challenge...

Wasp will double points and damage
Spin the Disk for Eye of Agamotto to light a shot worth 4x points/damage
Shoot the mini (Hawkeye) loop to light 3x points/damage shots

#7227 2 years ago

Any of you have Deadpool and Avengers, i'm debating a trade of Avengers with Deadpool, both pro versions

#7228 2 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Any of you have Deadpool and Avengers, i'm debating a trade of Avengers with Deadpool, both pro versions

I just did a temporary trade with a friend, swapping IMDN (pro) for Deadpool (pro), just to mix things up a bit. I have an AIQ LE (not pro), but I find it's way more fun than Deadpool. I like Deadpool, the callouts are funny and it's pretty easy, but the depth isn't quite there. It's a good change of pace game, but there's more of a variety of shots and definitely a lot more strategy in AIQ. Overall, I think it's just a better game.

#7229 2 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

I have AIQ premium and DP pro, shots are way more forgiving and the family play factor way higher on DP. It is a nice change of pace but I wouldn’t give up AIQ for it. If you find AIQ too difficult I would say stick it out, it will make you play better!

#7230 2 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

I have both AIQ Premium and Deadpool Pro (along with others Machines) and I love them both!
The art and gameplay is outstanding on both. Both are quite deep with AIQ more freely giving extra balls out with standard settings. Flow is better on AIQ, but DP also has some unique shots.
Deadpool is very much the opposite of AIQ in that AIQ is more foreboding and a darker overall feel to it. Deadpool is all around fun, high spirited, fantastic original music with funny callouts. Hard to say which is my favorite... currently play AIQ more, but I've had DP a year longer. I haven't played AIQ Pro to compare...

#7231 2 years ago

Hi all. I have a Pro. Anyone have some good hacks for wiping/waxing the hard-to-reach parts of the playfield without having to do a major tear down? I'm thinking specifically about the back part of the launch path since launch success is so temperamental on this machine. Thanks.

#7232 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Hi all. I have a Pro. Anyone have some good hacks for wiping/waxing the hard-to-reach parts of the playfield without having to do a major tear down? I'm thinking specifically about the back part of the launch path since launch success is so temperamental on this machine. Thanks.

I use a chopstick, ghetto right?

#7233 2 years ago

Someone please change the music with pinball browser for me! I’ll pay you!

#7234 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

If you pull the playfield forward it's a little easier. I roll the towel up and slide it through that back area and do the same on the hulk shot and the covered portions of the ramps, etc.

#7235 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If you pull the playfield forward it's a little easier. I roll the towel up and slide it through that back area and do the same on the hulk shot and the covered portions of the ramps, etc.

Thanks. My best so far is a towel wrapped around a big plastic thingy that goes in a fancy tropical mixed drink. It's flexible enough to go around bends and you can apply some pressure.

#7236 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I just did a temporary trade with a friend, swapping IMDN (pro) for Deadpool (pro), just to mix things up a bit. I have an AIQ LE (not pro), but I find it's way more fun than Deadpool. I like Deadpool, the callouts are funny and it's pretty easy, but the depth isn't quite there. It's a good change of pace game, but there's more of a variety of shots and definitely a lot more strategy in AIQ. Overall, I think it's just a better game.

Thanks, yes, ive read that can be a long play game DP, just wait if someone can give some inputs PRO vs PRO.

#7237 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I have AIQ premium and DP pro, shots are way more forgiving and the family play factor way higher on DP. It is a nice change of pace but I wouldn’t give up AIQ for it. If you find AIQ too difficult I would say stick it out, it will make you play better!

Yes i find dificult, but thats why i like it... love challeging games.

#7238 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have both AIQ Premium and Deadpool Pro (along with others Machines) and I love them both!
The art and gameplay is outstanding on both. Both are quite deep with AIQ more freely giving extra balls out with standard settings. Flow is better on AIQ, but DP also has some unique shots.
Deadpool is very much the opposite of AIQ in that AIQ is more foreboding and a darker overall feel to it. Deadpool is all around fun, high spirited, fantastic original music with funny callouts. Hard to say which is my favorite... currently play AIQ more, but I've had DP a year longer. I haven't played AIQ Pro to compare...

Sounds a lot of love also for the DP

#7239 2 years ago

Can honestly not understand the excessive love for DP - DP no.6 and AIQ no. 13 on Pinside top100! Should be reversed IMO. In fact AIQ should be easily within the top 5 imo.

Only place Dp wins (and wins easily) is personality and music. The rest is not even close.

#7240 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can honestly not understand the excessive love for DP - DP no.6 and AIQ no. 13 on Pinside top100! Should be reversed IMO. In fact AIQ should be easily within the top 5 imo.
Only place Dp wins (and wins easily) is personality and music. The rest is not even close.

That!

#7241 2 years ago

Deadpool premium was my first pin. Ive owned aiq premium and le now. I get why deadpool is higher. First off its a very straight forward game vs aiq with very complicated rules. For some thats a turn off.

Both have amazing art, but callouts, sounds, etc are better on DP. Layout wise AIQ has a ton more going on and is more interesting. But that katana shot and snkkt shot is like nothing else and feels great.

Tough for me to decide but I can see why people have so much love for DP.

#7242 2 years ago

I have had an AIQ LE since Oct 2020. Also have a JP Pre. Recently got a DP Pre. To round it out, I have AFMR and MonsterBash Remake. The two remakes were up at our summer home and the for quite some time I just had JP and AIQ at home. It was brutal. I am an ok player, but switching between JP and AIQ was just two different forms of getting my ass handed to me game after game. So when I got the DP about a month ago, I also moved JP up north and brought AFMR home. So now the line ups each have an Elwin game and then an offset, “easier” game(s).

The point is, I think having DP, which is more straightforward, funny and an easy to follow rule set, has made playing AIQ more fun. I really like having them both together, and with AFMR in between, a great mix. I no longer get as riled up playing AIQ. Although they should add one of DP’s best callouts to AIQ/Thanos - “Must be hard…. Losin’ all the time.”

#7243 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

OK... I MAY have found a good solution to the auto launch issue. I've tried all of the 'solutions' and so far have had the best success with this.
A shooter lane cleaning and wax or wipedown with "Wizards Mist and Shine" will result in almost 100% success for the short term and then slowly the auto launch plunger will no longer make it fully around and down to the right flipper. No adjustment to the power setting makes much difference in my case. I've shimmed the shooter lane ramp, secured the outer lane guide, etc... nothing has offered a long term solution so far in my case.
Last weekend I changed out the auto launch coil from a 23/800 to a 23/700 to give just a little extra boost. (remove the diode if new coil has one).
Before changing the coil I was at 0% success as it had been a week since cleaning the shooter lane. I replaced coil, didn't clean shooter lane and I'm now at around 95% success rate for the ball getting all of the way around back to the flipper and I have the auto launch power setting at only 215.
I've played several games including a 1.4 Billion game this week and the success rate is so far staying very very high.
I'll do my normal cleaning this weekend and report back after getting many more games on it this holiday weekend to see if this is in fact a good solution.
[quoted image]

*** My Best Fix for Auto Launch and Manual Launch Problems with ball not making it all the way around to right flipper ***

I have a couple weeks of time and many, many plays on my AIQ Premium with my "fixes" for the Auto and Manual Launch / Plunger issues. (I've tried many and these are by far the best continued success I've had... your results may vary.)

I changed the "Orange" OEM shooter rod spring to the stronger "Red" version.

I changed the 23-800 Auto Launch coil to a stronger 23-700. (Remove Diode if coil has one)

That's it!

You may need to play with the Auto Launch strengh settings for best results. I have been at 230 for over a week and a half now. Success Rate for Manual plunge is probably ~98% and Auto plunge ~95%. Very rarely a launch won't make it all the way around to the right flipper now.

Keeping the shooter lane clean/waxed also helps, but not as critical to success now. Centering the plunger rod tip and also the adjustment of how the auto launch tabs hit the ball can impact the launch success rate.

Note: I also added a bent lexan piece under the gauntlet to keep occasional stray ball launches from lodging under the gauntlet.

I also removed an earlier "fix" of raising the shooter lane left side of the ramp slightly since this with the stronger plunges would sometimes get air under the ball and lead to more balls going under the gauntlet.
IMG_0663 (resized).JPGIMG_0663 (resized).JPG

#7244 2 years ago

I love this game! I just got a pro a month ago after selling my JP:DE due to its simplicity and its like these games are complete opposites. Still getting my butt kicked sure, but crazy fun things happening for the first time like hitting Ironman multiball after two portal locks during the reality gem quest keep me coming back!

#7245 2 years ago

Anyone with the Stern Infinity Stone shooter rod find that it's a lot weaker than the original? Spring color looks to be the same, but I can barely get TO the ramp when plunging, let alone over it....! It even feels weaker just pulling it back.

I guess I can try what awesome1 said above and replace it with a red spring and see what happens. Or swap springs between the original...

Regarding the shooter itself, I was a little disappointed that the light isn't actually in the shooter. It makes sense though as I could never figure out how they were going to power it otherwise! Me being dumb.

20210613_161922 (resized).jpg20210613_161922 (resized).jpg

#7246 2 years ago

Just missed my high score by only 25 million... and didn't even get to Battle Thanos!
In my high score game I got 1 Billion for getting to Battle Thanos with all 6 Gems.
3 Ball, standard settings with default Extra Ball awards.

IMG_E0783 (resized).JPGIMG_E0783 (resized).JPGIMG_E0779 (resized).JPGIMG_E0779 (resized).JPGIMG_0782 (resized).JPGIMG_0782 (resized).JPG

#7247 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Anyone with the Stern Infinity Stone shooter rod find that it's a lot weaker than the original? Spring color looks to be the same, but I can barely get TO the ramp when plunging, let alone over it....! It even feels weaker just pulling it back.
I guess I can try what awesome1 said above and replace it with a red spring and see what happens. Or swap springs between the original...
Regarding the shooter itself, I was a little disappointed that the light isn't actually in the shooter. It makes sense though as I could never figure out how they were going to power it otherwise! Me being dumb.
[quoted image]

The shooter rod does look cool!

Yeah, I would change to the original spring and upgrade to the Red if needed.

#7248 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

[quoted image]

Make sure that external spring is not too long.
You may have to swap it with the one from the original shooter rod.
If its longer, the rod won't make as much contact with the ball.

#7249 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Make sure that external spring is not too long.
You may have to swap it with the one from the original shooter rod.
If its longer, the rod won't make as much contact with the ball.

Oh, didn't think to look at the outer spring. I'll check that, thanks!

#7250 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Can you explain this strategy in more detail - i still haven't got my head around optimum placement of gems to max out scoring opportunities

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
$ 19.00
5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 16.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.