IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,769 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 256.
#4001 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mezel sanctum is a huge improvement.

That looks pretty cool. Does it have its own install bracket?

The tower mod looks pretty good also.

#4002 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It installs over the same two screws that hold the stock one in.

#4003 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It installs over the same two screws that hold the stock one in.

Not sure if that’s going to fix my problem though.

#4004 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is everyone’s Sanctum target plastic bent on a weird angle like this? Seems like it should be straight but can’t see how.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Pinmonk has a good option to fix this. I used a twist tie to secure the top of the plastic to the wireform behind to pull it close and straight. Totally out of sight. I also added 1/2" spacers to lift the top plastic and allow the "Extra Ball" to be seen.

#4005 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeguy123:

I have played 200 games and never even been warned about tilting (i don't really shake the game). My wife was watching this game and she immediately asked why it said TILT.

I haven't experienced any phantom tilts on AIQ in 700 games...

I would check your tilt bob setting. If you are unfamiliar with it, the lower down on the rod, the less sensitive it will be.

#4006 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure if that’s going to fix my problem though.

What’s broke on yours?

#4007 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is everyone’s Sanctum target plastic bent on a weird angle like this? Seems like it should be straight but can’t see how.
[

Quoted from awesome1:

Pinmonk has a good option to fix this.

I went with the Pinmonk Sanctum and i love it. It has a bracket that attaches to the pop cap to keep it straight and it keeps the flasher above the portal. I can actually see what is lit now lol.

20201215_230343 (resized).jpg20201215_230343 (resized).jpg20201215_230358 (resized).jpg20201215_230358 (resized).jpg

#4008 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Pinmonk has a good option to fix this. I used a twist tie to secure the top of the plastic to the wireform behind to pull it close and straight. Totally out of sight. I also added 1/2" spacers to lift the top plastic and allow the "Extra Ball" to be seen.

Yeah, the sign needs help to stay straight. It's just not a great design as-is. The little bracket I made that comes with the Mystic Bezel set does the job. It is the hardest part of the install because the work space is so small in there, but totally worth it. Here's a pic of it that the artist used as reference for the drawn install instructions...
Step 6_sml (resized).jpgStep 6_sml (resized).jpg

#4009 3 years ago

Come on Stern....i shouldnt have to fish screws out of the cabinet yet. The other was about to fall out as well. Found the missing screw but geez guys. Wtf?

20201228_211658 (resized).jpg20201228_211658 (resized).jpg20201228_211735 (resized).jpg20201228_211735 (resized).jpg20201228_212129 (resized).jpg20201228_212129 (resized).jpg
#4010 3 years ago

Fixed the problem and while i was in there i cut a piece of plex for the marvel ramp. Only played one game so far but it seems to have made an improvement on ball rejects. What is the best solution for black widow rejects? Im thinking just raise the guard up with some small washers?

20201228_220536 (resized).jpg20201228_220536 (resized).jpg20201228_220548 (resized).jpg20201228_220548 (resized).jpg20201228_220557 (resized).jpg20201228_220557 (resized).jpg

#4011 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Fixed the problem and while i was in there i cut a piece of plex for the marvel ramp. Only played one game so far but it seems to have made an improvement on ball rejects. What is the best solution for black widow rejects? Im thinking just raise the guard up with some small washers?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I put 3 washers on both sides of the Black Widow ramp and it has only rejected twice in the last 50+ games so I am happy with the fix.

My CM ramp has been good without any modification. I mean I get the occasional rattle out or reject when I don’t hit it square, but I view it as a narrow shot and only shoot for it as required in gameplay.

#4012 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What’s broke on yours?

The plastic over the pop that supports the vertical plastic/sanctum building is severely bent downwards - almost like it was delve bent.

No idea why this plastic doesn’t have another brace point onto the one way gate immediately to the left.

#4013 3 years ago

Anyone getting crazy sanctum air balls? I hit it straight on and the ball launches all over the table.

#4014 3 years ago
Quoted from steele67:

Still on the fence with the Topper but had to do this fer under $300
[quoted image]

Is that an autographed pro translite? What light frame did you use? My autographed translite got lost by USPS. Hopefully it is found someday soon

#4015 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Stop the clock...lucky last and just in time for Xmas. Must be the last LE delivered to original/home buyers (exception being for NIB sitters/disties etc)? Going to unbox tonight![quoted image]

Well, took just under a week for my subway mech to fail at the infamous weld spot...have put the subway into bypass mode and raised a call with disty/stern this afternoon (disty has already replied to me which is great).

What a game, has that "one more go" factor in spades, it is definitely in a league of its own.

20201229_134855 (resized).jpg20201229_134855 (resized).jpg20201229_135128 (resized).jpg20201229_135128 (resized).jpg
#4016 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Well, took just under a week for my subway mech to fail at the infamous weld spot...have put the subway into bypass mode and raised a call with disty/stern this afternoon (disty has already replied to me which is great).
What a game, has that "one more go" factor in spades, it is definitely in a league of its own.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you could probably fix it yourself with a 6-32 machine screw, a spacer, a couple washers and a lock nut.

#4017 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like you could probably fix it yourself with a 6-32 machine screw, a spacer, a couple washers and a lock nut.

Yes

0DD191FD-73B5-447B-A151-AF7A3F98551A (resized).jpeg0DD191FD-73B5-447B-A151-AF7A3F98551A (resized).jpeg8B646EDB-8748-4024-926A-BE918298DE17 (resized).jpeg8B646EDB-8748-4024-926A-BE918298DE17 (resized).jpegB69F3DC4-7F1D-4481-ABD1-5D3A3AC47995 (resized).jpegB69F3DC4-7F1D-4481-ABD1-5D3A3AC47995 (resized).jpegF09E7879-489A-492C-BF97-DF22F4281E35 (resized).jpegF09E7879-489A-492C-BF97-DF22F4281E35 (resized).jpeg
#4018 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Yes [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Screw's way too long, but other than that, well done! I'd do this way before disabling the subway for weeks or months waiting for a mech.

#4019 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Screw's way too long, but other than that, well done! I'd do this way before disabling the subway for weeks or months waiting for a mech.

oh yes you are right but I only had that one of screw..but it works well I did about 200 games no issue

#4020 3 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

oh yes you are right but I only had that one of screw..but it works well I did about 200 games no issue

I didn't get too hung up on the aesthetics and keyposted your fix. Should help people as they continue breaking.

#4021 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't get too hung up on the aesthetics and keyposted your fix. Should help people as they continue breaking.

honored, thank you

#4022 3 years ago

I have an uneven disk, one side is higher and the other is lower than the playflied. slow rolling balls from the pops get affected and sometimes i get airballs.
anyone has a fix for me?

#4023 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I have an uneven disk, one side is higher and the other is lower than the playflied. slow rolling balls from the pops get affected and sometimes i get airballs.
anyone has a fix for me?

Check the topic index at the top of any page in this thread. There are at least two different links to fixes for this issue. One requires a warranty kit from Stern. Note that the graphics on the posts you find are pdfs. Click on them to open the documents.

#4024 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the topic index at the top of any page in this thread. There are at least two different links to fixes for this issue. One requires a warranty kit from Stern. Note that the graphics on the posts you find are pdfs. Click on them to open the documents.

thanks, i found them but they didn't fix my issue, since the first one is for leveling and the second one requires the replacement part.
i guess i have to contact my distributor. I just ordered your flipper coil fan kit, coil fade is really noticable for me on this game

#4025 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thanks, i found them but they didn't fix my issue, since the first one is for leveling and the second one requires the replacement part.
i guess i have to contact my distributor. I just ordered your flipper coil fan kit, coil fade is really noticable for me on this game

Yeah, I believe you'll probably need the Stern kit one. Unfortunately overseas that takes a long time.

Avengers IQ is slower than Stranger Things to heat up, but once it gets going on a long session, the fade is pretty bad. You'll definitely notice an improvement.

#4026 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Did you check to see if the brass jam nut on the shaft came out that will cause the disc to wobble around also.

#4027 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Did you check to see if the brass jam nut on the shaft came out that will cause the disc to wobble around also.

Yes, i checked the whole mech. It looks like a new, black plastic disk on the top could solve the issue, since the metal pole is attached there.
Its not too much but still enough to disturb the ball and sometimes getting airballs.

spin.gifspin.gif
#4028 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Anyone getting crazy sanctum air balls? I hit it straight on and the ball launches all over the table.

Check if the post sleeve is upside down as mine was

025C81AD-B3A0-4C44-AD40-3064A19124E1 (resized).jpeg025C81AD-B3A0-4C44-AD40-3064A19124E1 (resized).jpeg
#4029 3 years ago

Speaking of Post sleeves - why are the made out of hard plastic now - switched mine to rubber - much better . As for upside down ? What ?

#4030 3 years ago

Post sleeves on newer sterns are tapered.

#4031 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Speaking of Post sleeves - why are the made out of hard plastic now - switched mine to rubber - much better . As for upside down ? What ?

hard rubber reduces repound, makes missing shots saveable.

#4032 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

Is that an autographed pro translite? What light frame did you use? My autographed translite got lost by USPS. Hopefully it is found someday soon

Yes it is, I went with the Stern frame but its about 3" to big so I had to insert some purple at the bottom. I'll move it up the wall should I do the topper

20201229_144356000_iOS (resized).jpg20201229_144356000_iOS (resized).jpg
#4033 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Check if the post sleeve is upside down as mine was
[quoted image]

Yeah it's hard to say - I think I saw your earlier post about this. I really think it is hitting the Sanctum and not the post, but I will look more closely at the post. I have new post sleeves on order from Titan.

#4034 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Yeah it's hard to say - I think I saw your earlier post about this. I really think it is hitting the Sanctum and not the post, but I will look more closely at the post. I have new post sleeves on order from Titan.

i have had massive airballs from it with the playfield protector on.

#4035 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

i have had massive airballs from it with the playfield protector on.

My mates had the same issue with his playfield protector I removed it for him and the game plays like a dream now.

#4036 3 years ago
Quoted from steele67:

Yes it is, I went with the Stern frame but its about 3" to big so I had to insert some purple at the bottom. I'll move it up the wall should I do the topper[quoted image]

Where’d you order the Pro Translite from as I actually like this one better then the Premium so may swap them in and out?

#4037 3 years ago
Quoted from steele67:

Yes it is, I went with the Stern frame but its about 3" to big so I had to insert some purple at the bottom. I'll move it up the wall should I do the topper[quoted image]

I think you may have ordered the frame designed for the DMD style translite. I have a Stern LCD one for my JP translite and it fit perfectly. I was considering a LitFrames one for my pro Avengers autographed one once it arrives someday.

#4038 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Where’d you order the Pro Translite from as I actually like this one better then the Premium so may swap them in and out?

http://zombieyeti.bigcartel.com/

#4039 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

I think you may have ordered the frame designed for the DMD style translite. I have a Stern LCD one for my JP translite and it fit perfectly. I was considering a LitFrames one for my pro Avengers autographed one once it arrives someday.

Yeah, I realized it once I opened it - DMD fer sure

#4040 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

What’s the difference between Sterns and LitFrames? Other than the Stern ones appear to be about half the price of LitFrames?

#4041 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Yes, i checked the whole mech. It looks like a new, black plastic disk on the top could solve the issue, since the metal pole is attached there.
Its not too much but still enough to disturb the ball and sometimes getting airballs.
[quoted image]

My pro is exactly the same. Looking at the pdf ( which seems to be only for the prem/LE! ) it's hard to see how the replacement part fixes it? Has anyone fitted the replacement that somehow fixes the issue?

#4042 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

My mates had the same issue with his playfield protector I removed it for him and the game plays like a dream now.

Sorry I am not clear - when you say you removed the "playfield protector" what are you referring to?

#4043 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Sorry I am not clear - when you say you removed the "playfield protector" what are you referring to?

People go crazy and stick aftermarket, die-cut giant plastic mylar sheets over their playfields to "protect" them, and it usually is a bad idea, especially once playfields were clearcoated. He helped his buddy come to his senses and remove it from his playfield, restoring the way it was intended to play.

#4044 3 years ago

Kinda like when your Grandma put the plastic on her new couch !

#4045 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Kinda like when your Grandma put the plastic on her new couch !

LOL yeah that's a bit loco

#4046 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Best 2 mods for this game! they look a million times better and solves a few of issues. The plastic that always breaks, the angle of the plastic, and the cheap looking plastics that make the buildings.

86623A85-767A-4098-9CA5-0CED6D1B78A5 (resized).jpeg86623A85-767A-4098-9CA5-0CED6D1B78A5 (resized).jpeg
#4047 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Best 2 mods for this game! they look a million times better and solves a few of issues. The plastic that always breaks, the angle of the plastic, and the cheap looking plastics that make the buildings. [quoted image]

Isn't there a light on the original sanctum? Does that make it look darker there without it?

#4049 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Best 2 mods for this game! they look a million times better and solves a few of issues. The plastic that always breaks, the angle of the plastic, and the cheap looking plastics that make the buildings. [quoted image]

Who makes these 2 mods? Link?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,769 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.