IMG_2495 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7456 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2448 (resized).jpg
awesome1 Soul Gem Champion 300,250,000 (resized).JPG
003.jpg
002.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,584 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 252.
#12352 3 months ago

Hi, all. I recently purchased an AIQ and I’ve started having issues with the ball not releasing from the tower magnet unless ball search starts (which releases it) or I use the left flipper which also releases it. I’ve seen a few other people having similar issues with the magnet not releasing the ball. I tested all three optos and they’re registering. I also replaced the balls as I thought they might have become magnetized.

Anything else I should be trying? Thanks.

#12353 3 months ago
Quoted from Erich0:

I’ve started having issues with the ball not releasing from the tower magnet unless ball search starts

Any mods that might be letting light in or shining light on the optos? Do the optos test OK blocked and unblocked if you tap on the tower when testing?

#12354 3 months ago

Got five gems yesterday. Four of them on ball one. I was on fire - like, hitting every single shot from one to the next. Not just the best I've ever played on any machine ever, but the first time I felt what pros must feel like: which is being in total control. And I was playing a two game tourney with my son. The other machine was Zilla. I played that first ball on AIQ, then a first ball on Zilla - and had over 600M on Zilla when it drained to ball 2.

The reason I'm sharing this is because part of the reason I bought an AIQ was because I thought it would make me a better player. We got ours in May this year. Six months later I can definitely say AIQ has made me a better player. And I'm enjoying the game itself more with each play. Maybe if I continue to progress into a player that gets all gems and defeats Thanos with regularity, then I might "tire" of the game. But that still isn't in sight. This machine is just a thrill ride I don't get anywhere else. Bravo, Mr. Elwin. Bravo!

#12355 3 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

If anyone is successfully using the latest modded code from Spyder please let me know how you installed it. I can not seem to get it working for the life of me. I have no issues running the 1.06 modded code but when I try to install the 1.07 it just continuously cycles through a bootup sequence but never starts a game. I've updated to 1.07 Stern code via USB so very confused why I can't seem to get this version working, yet have no issues using the older 1.06 modded SD code. Maybe I'm just missing something?!

If you're still having problems let me know via PM. I made two SD cards in case one didn't work. Could send you my second card after verifying it works on our AIQ premium.

I was able to install Spider's 1.07 code last week. It plays great. The new movie/sound code has some content not seen on the prior version. Pretty cool.

I was hoping never to hear the Stern actor who did the Iron Man voice-over say "victory, thanks to superior technology" again. But, it's still there, LoL.

I'd recommend Spider's code to anyone who loves the movies and wishes AIQ had scene integration.

#12356 3 months ago

Ok question for awesome1 i saw some of your videos of AIQ, how in the world were you getting 25+ million victory laps? Is it just a matter of keeping the balls in play for long enough? I know spinning the disc increases the victory laps value but I’ve never seen it anywhere close to that high.

#12357 3 months ago

Try as a might, I can not seem to get Spyders 1.07 movie code to work. I’ve tried multiple SD cards, different software (Balena Etcher on Mac and WinDisk on Windows), and still the same problem persists. It’s to the point where unfortunately I think I’m going to have to abandon the experiment, which is a shame because I really liked his 1.06 code.

Last ditch effort here, but would anyone that’s successfully gotten it to work be willing to burn me a copy if I pay for the time/expenses?! Of course, I’d need you to test it before sending but

Quoted from Nicholastree:

If you're still having problems let me know via PM. I made two SD cards in case one didn't work. Could send you my second card after verifying it works on our AIQ premium.
I was able to install Spider's 1.07 code last week. It plays great. The new movie/sound code has some content not seen on the prior version. Pretty cool.
I was hoping never to hear the Stern actor who did the Iron Man voice-over say "victory, thanks to superior technology" again. But, it's still there, LoL.
I'd recommend Spider's code to anyone who loves the movies and wishes AIQ had scene integration.

Thank you for the kind offer! I was finally able to get it to work, seems I needed to be working from a Windows machine (not a Mac). Up and running now tho!

#12358 3 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Ok question for awesome1 i saw some of your videos of AIQ, how in the world were you getting 25+ million victory laps? Is it just a matter of keeping the balls in play for long enough? I know spinning the disc increases the victory laps value but I’ve never seen it anywhere close to that high.

He's got the lightweight disc mod, which will often spin up to three times as much as what a regular disc will. And make for less downtime of *not* spinning, which is when the value drops.

Besides that, there's also the Captain Marvel ramp multiplier, the Reality Gem, and level-2 avengers that can multiply the scored values.

#12359 3 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Thanks for watching some of my videos!

Spin the disc to increase the jackpot level. Each ball you have in play is a multiplier... Also jackpots are boosted with Captain Marvel multiplier and Reality Gem and Avenger level boosts.

#12360 3 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

He's got the lightweight disc mod, which will often spin up to three times as much as what a regular disc will. And make for less downtime of *not* spinning, which is when the value drops.
Besides that, there's also the Captain Marvel ramp multiplier, the Reality Gem, and level-2 avengers that can multiply the scored values.

Sure, you just need the aluminum disc...

3 times the spin? I don't think so, but it does look cool and probably does spin just a little longer than factory.

My fastest RPM record was done with the factory disc...

#12361 3 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Try as a might, I can not seem to get Spyders 1.07 movie code to work. I’ve tried multiple SD cards, different software (Balena Etcher on Mac and WinDisk on Windows), and still the same problem persists. It’s to the point where unfortunately I think I’m going to have to abandon the experiment, which is a shame because I really liked his 1.06 code.
Last ditch effort here, but would anyone that’s successfully gotten it to work be willing to burn me a copy if I pay for the time/expenses?! Of course, I’d need you to test it before sending but

Thank you for the kind offer! I was finally able to get it to work, seems I needed to be working from a Windows machine (not a Mac). Up and running now tho!

I went back to 1.06 due to the clicking in the modified sounds. For some reason it's really noticeable on this game. I don't hear it at all in stranger things. The only significant change from 1.06 to 1.07 is to the gem mania start to after you collect a gem instead of as soon as you collect it at the drops which I'm fine with.

#12362 3 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Try as a might, I can not seem to get Spyders 1.07 movie code to work. I’ve tried multiple SD cards, different software (Balena Etcher on Mac and WinDisk on Windows), and still the same problem persists. ... I was finally able to get it to work, seems I needed to be working from a Windows machine (not a Mac). Up and running now tho!

I know you have had success (yeah!) but for the future, I had immediate success making the SDCard on a Mac using the Raspberry Pi imager tool. I posted on the Spider topic a few weeks ago with a small additional details. You don't need to make any technical choices, just scroll down and select custom image (at which point you select the spider image).

#12363 3 months ago

Just joined the club today with a Premium, now need to digest the ruleset.

A few questions though:
- I'm having a hard time making the Marvel ramp, I've seen a mod that improves it, any other suggestion (besides reducing the playfield pitch, and increasing coil power)
- Is there a mod replacement for the gauntlet ? The stock one is frankly... rather ugly. I've found a mod on the "sticky" posts, but it's just a paint, I would have thought someone would have come up with a better 3D printed version. Also, stones insert are not really bright, and they don't show up correctly it seems, will need to check wiring I assume (the previous owner built a custom topper, and I think he hooked up his gauntlet in the topper to the original inserts from the playfield gauntlet)
- I like the "comics" style, but I must admit I'm also rather fond of the MCU music. Is there a post somewhere listing the various alternate ROM ? (could not find it in the topic list)

Cheers !

#12364 3 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

- I'm having a hard time making the Marvel ramp, I've seen a mod that improves it, any other suggestion (besides reducing the playfield pitch, and increasing coil power)

Clean and polish the area, particularly including the metal ramp entrance that slopes up from the playfield. You want the ball sliding rather than rolling as it reaches the entrance, you don't want it to pick up spin that can create friction against the edges of the ramp. I had to clean and polish (with Novus 1) about every 10 hours of gameplay or the ramp would become hard to make.

Also consider a flipper cooling fan kit. Without it, my Marvel ramp became unmakeable after about 30 minutes of flipper heating.

Quoted from Ashram56:

Also, stones insert are not really bright, and they don't show up correctly it seems

They should be dim during gameplay to start. The lights work like this:

- dimly flickering: the gem has not been contested yet
- bright: Thanos has the gem (you lost it) - it's Thanos's gauntlet, you want to earn the gems OUT of it
- off: you (the Avengers) have the gem - it's on one of the playfield locations instead
- flashing: quest is currently in progress

#12365 3 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Clean and polish the area, particularly including the metal ramp entrance that slopes up from the playfield. You want the ball sliding rather than rolling as it reaches the entrance, you don't want it to pick up spin that can create friction against the edges of the ramp. I had to clean and polish (with Novus 1) about every 10 hours of gameplay or the ramp would become hard to make.
Also consider a flipper cooling fan kit. Without it, my Marvel ramp became unmakeable after about 30 minutes of flipper heating.

I second that. The only suggestion to add is to use actual wax, not just Novus 1. Waxing the PF between the flipper and the ramps gives you a LOT more speed and likelihood of hitting the ramps successfully. A waxed PF also protects the PF and you don't need to use any other cleaners for the PF as the dirt and grime come off when you wipe and polish off the wax with soft cotton cloth (old T-shirts work great for that).

The wax my pintech recommended has worked perfectly: Meguiar's GoldClass Carnauba Plus. Using a wax with carnauba is important.

We recently replaced most flipper parts on the bottom two flippers and it immediately made a huge difference. I've even been able to backhand the Marvel ramp from the right flipper. So making sure your flippers are tip top, PF is waxed regularly and (maybe, if you have long games) adding flipper coolers are all steps AIQ owners should take to heart.

IMG_0088 (resized).jpegIMG_0088 (resized).jpeg
#12366 3 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I like the "comics" style, but I must admit I'm also rather fond of the MCU music. Is there a post somewhere listing the various alternate ROM ? (could not find it in the topic list)
Cheers !

Send a PM to Spider and get his latest Avengers movie/sound code for 1.07. It's even got a DJ mixer and you can select songs using the flippers (Zep's Immigrant song, ACDC's Shoot to Thrill, etc). Pretty cool to just play music off the machine once in a while. During a game, those songs play during appropriate modes. For example, while in Thor MB it plays Immigrant Song in the background. During Iron Man MB it plays the ACDC. It's a BIG improvement, IMO. Makes AIQ a very different game visually on the LCD and in terms of the sound.

#12367 3 months ago

Send a PM to Spider and get his latest Avengers movie/sound code for 1.07. It's even got a DJ mixer and you can select songs using the flippers (Zep's Immigrant song, ACDC's Shoot to Thrill, etc). Pretty cool to just play music off the machine once in a while. During a game, those songs play during appropriate modes. For example, while in Thor MB it plays Immigrant Song in the background. During Iron Man MB it plays the ACDC. It's a BIG improvement, IMO. Makes AIQ a very different game visually on the LCD and in terms of the sound.

Totally agree. The added songs bring a lot into those multiball modes and really change the feel of the game overall! Very happy to have finally gotten it back up and running with the new code. Wondering though, is there a way to make the music in the multiballs louder overall? In a perfect world, I'd love to keep the basic soundtrack volume to a minimum but then have the music kick up when the multiball starts, but I somewhat doubt Stern offers this type of adjustment. Curious if anyone out there may have found a solid balance between the two and if so what those settings might be?!

#12368 3 months ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Totally agree. The added songs bring a lot into those multiball modes and really change the feel of the game overall! Very happy to have finally gotten it back up and running with the new code. Wondering though, is there a way to make the music in the multiballs louder overall? In a perfect world, I'd love to keep the basic soundtrack volume to a minimum but then have the music kick up when the multiball starts, but I somewhat doubt Stern offers this type of adjustment. Curious if anyone out there may have found a solid balance between the two and if so what those settings might be?!

Spider had suggested setting Speech Attenuation to 0 and Music Attenuation to -10 in the adjustments menu. His concern is distortion at higher volumes. But I'm totally with you. I really want the music to be louder than the voice call-outs.

#12369 3 months ago

Thanks for the tips everyone

So I seem to have a few issues I need to resolve :
- Gauntlet clearly does not work as indicated above. I need to check wiring, but oddly enough the individual test does work. It looks like ghosting... (yes, the unwanted led turning on at low voltage)
- in a few games the game lost track of balls in the subway. I tested manually, seems the opto are working, but I have a feeling the alignment of the ball when blocked is not fully aligned with the opto beam. Note that I'm on code 1.0, so there might be a bug?

Cheers

#12370 3 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

- Gauntlet clearly does not work as indicated above. I need to check wiring, but oddly enough the individual test does work. It looks like ghosting... (yes, the unwanted led turning on at low voltage)
- in a few games the game lost track of balls in the subway. I tested manually, seems the opto are working, but I have a feeling the alignment of the ball when blocked is not fully aligned with the opto beam. Note that I'm on code 1.0, so there might be a bug?
Cheers

The normal behavior of the gauntlet lights does look exactly like ghosting. They should be dim and flickery, until a gem quest gets started, then that one should flash brightly. If it's doing that and working in the test, it's working.

Yes, update code, that does affect the subway. One change is that when there's only one ball locked, it will be kept in the middle lock position instead of the right position, which tends to have fewer problems. Another is an adjustment for "subway hold time" - this defaults to 1 second (1000 ms) between clicks, but sometimes a ball rolls through faster than that and skips a spot, so shortening this to 800 ms usually helps.

The common problem mechanically is that there's too much slop in the mechanism, so either the ball doesn't sit in the right position for the opto, or it goes around one of the lock "fingers" when it's not supposed to. I never had problems on mine so I don't know the details of fixing it.

The nuclear option is an adjustment for "subway pass through", if you enable that then the subway will never hold balls at all, it will just pass each ball out the Ant-man side, the locks become virtual and it will autoplunge to the correct count when multiball starts.

#12371 3 months ago

Hello Avengers! I think I'm going to join the club soon and apologies in advance, but I have the old Pro vs Premium question. Here's where I'm at.

I really like how the pro plays and flows. I also really like spinners, so the one where the CM ramp is located on the Prem doesn't bother me one bit.

I LOVE the look of the Premium. The CM ramp just looks amazing and I also prefer the Black Panther VUK and the rising disk compared to the Pro. My issues with the Premium is that I don't like how the subway slows the game down, but I understand that you can configure it to pass through and roll right into the VUK?

Also, every time I play the Prem on location, I brick that CM ramp 4 out of 5 times. I've read the comments on this thread and have also spoken to a couple of pinsiders here and the concensus is that 'it's the best shot in pinball'. So, can that shot be dialed in once it's in my home to be more consistent and makable or will I be fighting it more often than not? I just want to make sure I don't regret not getting a Prem once it's in my home.

Thanks!

#12372 3 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

I LOVE the look of the Premium. The CM ramp just looks amazing and I also prefer the Black Panther VUK and the rising disk compared to the Pro. My issues with the Premium is that I don't like how the subway slows the game down, but I understand that you can configure it to pass through and roll right into the VUK?
Also, every time I play the Prem on location, I brick that CM ramp 4 out of 5 times. I've read the comments on this thread and have also spoken to a couple of pinsiders here and the concensus is that 'it's the best shot in pinball'. So, can that shot be dialed in once it's in my home to be more consistent and makable or will I be fighting it more often than not? I just want to make sure I don't regret not getting a Prem once it's in my home.
Thanks!

Yes, you can configure the subway to skip the locks entirely. There's an adjustment for "subway pass through" that will make it pass balls directly out the Ant-man side. If you set that, then you can even physically remove the locking mechanism, so you don't have to wait for such a ball to click through to the outgoing side.

And yes, you can dial in the Captain Marvel shot at home. Read my posts earlier up this page. Short version, keep it clean and polished, and consider a flipper cooling kit.

#12373 3 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Hello Avengers! I think I'm going to join the club soon and apologies in advance, but I have the old Pro vs Premium question. Here's where I'm at.
I really like how the pro plays and flows. I also really like spinners, so the one where the CM ramp is located on the Prem doesn't bother me one bit.
Thanks!

I ended up going Pro instead of Premium for AIQ and I don't regret it. Sure, the CM ramp is sexy but I also couldn't reliably hit it on a seemingly-well-maintained Premium. The rising disc + subway + Ant-Man VUK combo mech is pretty cool, too, but it's only really the Ant-Man VUK part of that I actually miss. There's also the sculpted gauntlet in the back, which I think looks a bit corny. Really, though... the clincher for me was that I could get a Pro with a show-machine discount after a local festival, and so $6400 for a basically-new Pro (<300 plays) vs. $9799 for a NIB Premium was just too big a price gap.

#12374 3 months ago
Quoted from Npbassman:

Thanks!

I'll be the first to admit that I am biased because I own an AIQ Premium and am one of the ones that thinks the Captain Marvel Ramp shot is the "best shot in pinball".

As vikingerik mentioned, the CM shot can definitely be dialed in.

My Premium is completely dialed in for the CM Ramp (DIY Lexan fix and make sure no binding on the wireform and keep it cleaned and waxed) and Subway (I repaired it after it broke).

I also have DIY Flipper Coil Fans that help quite a bit on AIQ for long games or playing sessions.

With that said, I have only played AIQ Pro a little more than a handful of times and it was quite enjoyable. Definitely different than the Premium though if you are used to the Premium.

I actually have around 3500+ games played on my Premium since I had it a while before adding IC.

I would go with whichever version you enjoy and your budget allows. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Edit: As you can see I have slowed down on my AIQ playing as it can become a long-playing game once you "get good at it". Doesn't mean I like it any less, just don't play as often since I have thousands of games played on it already.

AIQ scores 11-30-2023 (resized).jpgAIQ scores 11-30-2023 (resized).jpg

#12375 3 months ago

I'm not sure I understand the rules for ball tracking and drain.

I had two balls locked in the subway, and started a multiball. When all balls drained, it ended multiball but the game kept considering I still had balls in play, even though I had only the subway balls, and they were still locked. After a while, since there was no switch hit, it started to unlock both balls and returned them to the playfield through the vuk

I know that there's an alignement problem with the first ball (I can clearly see that it does not block the opto path), but even then I don't understand why it would consider there's still a ball in play?

Thanks and regards

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12376 3 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I'm not sure I understand the rules for ball tracking and drain.
I had two balls locked in the subway, and started a multiball. When all balls drained, it ended multiball but the game kept considering I still had balls in play, even though I had only the subway balls, and they were still locked. After a while, since there was no switch hit, it started to unlock both balls and returned them to the playfield through the vuk
I know that there's an alignement problem with the first ball (I can clearly see that it does not block the opto path), but even then I don't understand why it would consider there's still a ball in play?
Thanks and regards

The machine counts the balls in the trough and in the locks. Any difference between that total and 6 is the balls the machine assumes are in play.

So if a ball in the lock isn’t blocking the beam, the machine thinks that ball is in play. So when the other balls drained it assumed that ball was still in play and went into ball search. It kicked both balls out because it was really only trying to kick out the 2nd ball in the lock since it didn’t know the first one was there.

#12377 3 months ago

Hello everyone! I am "new" to the club here and couldn't be more excited. AIQ (premium here) has been on my radar for well over a year now, and I finally picked one up about a month ago.

During the last few months/year I have studied the rules relentlessly, watched all of the tutorials, read all of your posts (thank you / sincerely), and watched countless hours of tournament play etc. etc. What a journey, and she is bolted to the floor forever!!

Quoted from Npbassman:

Thanks!

I too was in the same boat. I ended up choosing the Premium (after putting a lot of time on both it and the Pro) and I have zero regrets. It is for sure to each their own, and you can't go wrong either way. It's an absolute crime in pinball that AIQ Pro and Premium (even LE) are selling for what they are right now, especially compared to other games in general. At least that's what I think!

What I love about the Premium (just in my opinion again), is of course the Captain Marvel ramp, the raising portal, the scoop, and the subway. So, basically everything. Once you get deep into this game, with your shots dialed in, you will appreciate the little break that you get in the subway.

It gives you a chance to look around the playfield and make sure that you keep optimizing your strategy and prepare for your next battle etc. There is sooooo much flow in this game (regardless of the model) and I personally appreciate the subway so my heart can settle a bit. Sometimes, after about 20++ mins of play, I actually wish I could pause it there a bit longer.

Something else that I like about the Premium is that if you have earned a Portal, but drain before you shoot into it, it will still be raised/ready to go, so you can plunge easily into the pops; and then you will most likely end up in the Portal. I feel that's deserving and rewarding, since you already earned it versus needing to flip again to get it. It's also really cool to watch the ball travel through it with the RGB light-shows that happen according to which Gem Quest you might start next (center RGBs).

I could go on and on and on about how thoughtful this layout + code is together (on all models), but when it all clicks together it will leave you in a state of awe and imagination.

For example, how about the scenario where "It's time to go binary" happens (with an Iron Man lock ready) and then you shoot the right orbit/ramp to right flipper, then the Black Widow ramp to left flipper, then the Captain Marvel ramp to right flipper, and then lock a ball at the Tower!!! What an absolute mind-numbing symphony of awesomeness that is!!!

The understanding of the rules will come with research and studying them, and your shots will come with practice. If you get the Marvel ramp fix, and wax it as awesome1 and others have mentioned, you can hit it for days; even on lagging flippers. I've hit it over 60x in 1 game, but of course I used the Power Gem to help with 1/3 of them.

I honestly don't know why AIQ gets such a bad rap for the code being too complicated. I haven't played every scenario of strategy yet (seemingly impossible), but it's very approachable with patience and is easy to understand if you study them. I'm by no means a pro-player, but I've put together 1.3B so far and left a lot on the table. <--- Zero puns intended there.

The possibilities are endless, and you will want to keep hitting the start button. I scream at it all of the time in fun, but I tell it how much I love it much more. It's just like a fun/epic roller coaster ride of adrenaline at an amusement park.

I'm trying not to write a book here with my first post in the group, I apologize, and I will try to wrap it up. And no, I will not come in here again and be as long-winded. I am just excited, and thank you guys for being here and for all of your posts and input. That also helped me jump in without looking back.

Both of the code mods are great, and so is the factory code in my opinion. It's fun to swap them in/out to mix it up.

KME is a mastermind of sneaky-awesomeness, and I'm really happy that everyone at Team Elwin created it. It's a great watch (if someone hasn't seen it) on YT, to see "The making of Avengers..." and compare their initial white-wood to what it has now become.

The subtleties of genius are sprinkled throughout every part of this game, but my favorite thing other than shooting the Marvel Ramp / Black Widow / repeat; is the thought (I think) that went into the instant reward for making 2 of the 3 hardest shots in the game with the Premium/LE.

E.g. if you shoot either the Marvel ramp, or the scoop, the ball returns towards the bottom of the right inlane; for a much more controllable shot next from the right flipper. Instant risk, reward, and beautiful.

Mr. Keith; was that on purpose, or just an awesome accident?

Kudos to everyone at Team Elwin, and cheers to all here!!

#12378 3 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I'll be the first to admit that I am biased because I own an AIQ Premium and am one of the ones that thinks the Captain Marvel Ramp shot is the "best shot in pinball".
As vikingerik mentioned, the CM shot can definitely be dialed in.
My Premium is completely dialed in for the CM Ramp (DIY Lexan fix and make sure no binding on the wireform and keep it cleaned and waxed) and Subway (I repaired it after it broke).
I also have DIY Flipper Coil Fans that help quite a bit on AIQ for long games or playing sessions.
With that said, I have only played AIQ Pro a little more than a handful of times and it was quite enjoyable. Definitely different than the Premium though if you are used to the Premium.
I actually have around 3500+ games played on my Premium since I had it a while before adding IC.
I would go with whichever version you enjoy and your budget allows. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Edit: As you can see I have slowed down on my AIQ playing as it can become a long-playing game once you "get good at it". Doesn't mean I like it any less, just don't play as often since I have thousands of games played on it already.
[quoted image]

Wow. We are not in the same league at all, hahah. My HS on AIQ Pro is 546M and I average 56M. I dream of the days when I can get more than 2 gems in a game.

#12379 3 months ago

Hi all,

Not an owner but in need of help. I am working on an AIQ Premium on location that is having issues with the Dual Sensor Board that detects whether or not the Strange Disc is in the up (SW 86) or down (SW 87) position. The game was initially shipped with a bad motor which has since been replaced. In test, the crank shaft mechanism will typically register switch 86 and 87 through two or three cycles of up/down movement, then, it loses track of switch 86. When I initiate the test again, the disc moves upwards ***maybe*** 1/16 of an inch, then the sensor detects that the disc is in the up position.

I have tried adjusting the crank shaft by loosening the set screw, repositioning the crank shaft, then retightening the set screw, I've made sure the sensors and magnet are clean, I have made sure that the disc is flush with the playfield.

Im really kind of at a loss of what else I need to be looking for. Any ideas? I appreciate the help in advance.

#12380 3 months ago

I played a few games today and almost avoided gem modes in favor of just collecting avengers it was a fun change of pace. Took portal locks when I could tried to get gems when I was in a mode but made sure I got power to help with leveling. Had Iron man and Thor left to collect for BOBR hit like 4 bingo squares to collect avenger, clear it with a bingo and collect it again to light the mode. Had it lit ball trapped on the right. I thought about backhanding the gauntlet decided to “play it safe” and do widow to gauntlet and you know the story before it’s finished brick drain game over.

I had be getting frustrated not collecting a gem on ball 1 and thinking the whole game was lost. Need to adjust focus when that happens and learn to live with it. So many ways to attack this game you’re almost never locked out of something.

I do wish you could double flip the soul gem animation sometimes lol does give a little breather though I suppose.

#12381 3 months ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

For example, how about the scenario where "It's time to go binary" happens (with an Iron Man lock ready) and then you shoot the right orbit/ramp to right flipper, then the Black Widow ramp to left flipper, then the Captain Marvel ramp to right flipper, and then lock a ball at the Tower!!! What an absolute mind-numbing symphony of awesomeness that is!!!

Shot sequences like this are the beauty of this layout. And it's chock full of these types of moments hitting strings of shots one after the other after the other.... That Marvel loop is so sweet to hit.

#12382 3 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The machine counts the balls in the trough and in the locks. Any difference between that total and 6 is the balls the machine assumes are in play.
So if a ball in the lock isn’t blocking the beam, the machine thinks that ball is in play. So when the other balls drained it assumed that ball was still in play and went into ball search. It kicked both balls out because it was really only trying to kick out the 2nd ball in the lock since it didn’t know the first one was there.

aaah that makes sense ! Thanks for the explanation

Time to fix that subway then...

#12383 3 months ago

Got my new to me LE put back together with Precision Pinball Products' Halo flippers (gray) and spinning disk. Absolute must-have game changers!

No more frustrating Black Widow / Captain Marvel rejections, the ball just plows through them. Not to mention they look stunning!

Can't recommend the product, company, and owner more.

PXL_20231201_162440219 (resized).jpgPXL_20231201_162440219 (resized).jpgPXL_20231201_162536510 (resized).jpgPXL_20231201_162536510 (resized).jpg
#12384 89 days ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Got my new to me LE put back together with Precision Pinball Products' Halo flippers (gray) and spinning disk. Absolute must-have game changers!
No more frustrating Black Widow / Captain Marvel rejections, the ball just plows through them. Not to mention they look stunning!
Can't recommend the product, company, and owner more.
[quoted image][quoted image]

They look cool, but the general consensus is they change the feel of most games too much and for me, they are too expensive. It's a niche product for sure, and it gets a fair amount of praise and hate at the same time. Then again, almost everything in this hobby gets the love/hate treatment when it comes to mods. They probably work best on avengers due to all the long shots that need to be made perfectly, versus on something like Fish Tales.

#12385 88 days ago

Agreed on that last. I'm a big naysayer on the precision flippers, the rigidity robs your ability to do subtle soft ball-control moves and so ultimately drags down your potential skill ceiling... but if there's any game that might justify them, it is indeed AIQ with all the steep ramps.

#12386 88 days ago

Love how the naysayers have to chime in.

I know, it's not "pure" pinball, whatever that means. I play for fun, and they make the game more enjoyable.

My wife played AIQ tonight and said "how could you own this game without these flippers.

They are on 2 of my 5 games. Star Wars Premium and AIQ LE. Frankly they belong on those games, i.e. the games play better as a result of having the Precisions installed. I played those games a lot both with/without the Precisions, and to me it's no contest.

My Road Show, not so much. But if somebody wants to put them on Road Show, or any other game, more power to them! I certainly won't tell them the consensus states otherwise or they are "lowering their potential skill ceiling" by using them.

Do what you want to your $5,000-$15,000 toy, as will I!

#12387 88 days ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Love how the naysayers have to chime in.
I know, it's not "pure" pinball, whatever that means. I play for fun, and they make the game more enjoyable.
My wife played AIQ tonight and said "how could you own this game without these flippers.
They are on 2 of my 5 games. Star Wars Premium and AIQ LE. Frankly they belong on those games, i.e. the games play better as a result of having the Precisions installed. I played those games a lot both with/without the Precisions, and to me it's no contest.
My Road Show, not so much. But if somebody wants to put them on Road Show, or any other game, more power to them! I certainly won't tell them the consensus states otherwise or they are "lowering their potential skill ceiling" by using them.
Do what you want to your $5,000-$15,000 toy, as will I!

Hear, hear! I’ve got em on most of my pins because they’re shooters with tight shots (JP, AIQ, Venom) and the precision flippers improve my gameplay and thus my enjoyment. Even on GZ, which is more forgiving, it just feels better to me. And I own the games and I’m basically their only player. “Limit the potential skill ceiling?!” Hahahahahahahahaha. My skills are mediocre, and I’m not gonna become an IPFA ranked flipper anytime soon.

#12388 87 days ago

Hi Guys, I have a brand new AIQ premium that I have just unboxed. The game displays a fault indicating Node board 9 not responding. I have checked everything (swapped boards/cables etc) and traced the problem to connector CN12 (orange connector) on this board. The red +V cable on CN12 is causing the board to fail to operate properly. With this red cable disconnected from CN12 the board runs normally, but obviously the opto's that are powered by this red cable are inoperative. It is my understanding that this red cable supply's the voltage to run the three opto's on Node Board 9. 

So where to from here do you think? How can I further test each opto to identify a possible short? Thanks in advance!

#12389 87 days ago
Quoted from swampy:

Hi Guys, I have a brand new AIQ premium that I have just unboxed. The game displays a fault indicating Node board 9 not responding. I have checked everything (swapped boards/cables etc) and traced the problem to connector CN12 (orange connector) on this board. The red +V cable on CN12 is causing the board to fail to operate properly. With this red cable disconnected from CN12 the board runs normally, but obviously the opto's that are powered by this red cable are inoperative. It is my understanding that this red cable supply's the voltage to run the three opto's on Node Board 9. 
So where to from here do you think? How can I further test each opto to identify a possible short? Thanks in advance!

Someone on here might have experienced this, too. In the meantime, I would definitely submit this to the Stern tech support system. I've found they are very responsive and often have parts to you within a week (if parts are needed).

#12390 87 days ago

Someone on here might have experienced this, too. In the meantime, I would definitely submit this to the Stern tech support system. I've found they are very responsive and often have parts to you within a week (if parts are needed).

Thanks yes I have also sent this to Stern tech support.

#12391 86 days ago

If anyone is interested, I’m looking to sell this Pym Building mod from my AIQ. This mod came with my game but I’m not loving it, and suspect it will be a pain with the Pinstadiums I’m planning on installing. Building is in great shape and I everything works as expected. Only negative was the fact that the felt siding was peeling up so I’ve removed that. It can easily be replaced with a trip to the fabric store. Including the original wiring/hookups as well. Feel free to ask any questions. Asking $90 which will include the shipping cost.

3B78A2BF-1FBC-4C4D-8620-8623BBC29E20 (resized).jpeg3B78A2BF-1FBC-4C4D-8620-8623BBC29E20 (resized).jpeg76B13CD5-5AFD-4EEA-B9B5-D891BFD91670 (resized).jpeg76B13CD5-5AFD-4EEA-B9B5-D891BFD91670 (resized).jpeg80953C2B-4E56-4548-9148-749A515B65BC (resized).jpeg80953C2B-4E56-4548-9148-749A515B65BC (resized).jpeg8993D217-8E17-4AAE-A0B4-87D14E4DB4DF (resized).jpeg8993D217-8E17-4AAE-A0B4-87D14E4DB4DF (resized).jpegD76FE743-9C30-4D00-987C-190386CBE198 (resized).jpegD76FE743-9C30-4D00-987C-190386CBE198 (resized).jpeg
#12392 84 days ago

Hi everyone!

I have a few points I would need clarifications on:

- on occasion, I have a SDTM drain from the exit of the left to right orbit. Usually happens if I shot the right orbit not strong enough, the ball rolls down slowly and it's path is slightly diverted by the end of the ball guide, straight to the middle. Can this be adjusted?

- on not so rare occasions, a ball gets stuck right on the flasher in the middle of the pops. It's just like this particular flasher is not flush with the playfield. Common issue? Can this be fixed? Note that I have a playfield protector

- unlike other games, it seems I can't switch the inlane/outlane insert position with the flipper buttons, so the only way to kit the outlane insert is precisely to drain a ball. Is this expected?

Otherwise having a blast with this game, quite nice integration and immersion.

Cheers

#12393 84 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Hi everyone!
I have a few points I would need clarifications on:
- on occasion, I have a SDTM drain from the exit of the left to right orbit. Usually happens if I shot the right orbit not strong enough, the ball rolls down slowly and it's path is slightly diverted by the end of the ball guide, straight to the middle. Can this be adjusted?
- on not so rare occasions, a ball gets stuck right on the flasher in the middle of the pops. It's just like this particular flasher is not flush with the playfield. Common issue? Can this be fixed? Note that I have a playfield protector
- unlike other games, it seems I can't switch the inlane/outlane insert position with the flipper buttons, so the only way to kit the outlane insert is precisely to drain a ball. Is this expected?
Otherwise having a blast with this game, quite nice integration and immersion.
Cheers

Do you have a Premium/LE or Pro? For the SDTM on the roll back from the right orbit, the Premium/LE has a post with rubber on it near the end of the orbit ball guide that should bounce the ball over to the left flipper. Pro's don't have this and are designed to have the ball go to the right flipper. If you have a premium/le check that post to make sure it's screwed in tight. If you have a pro check your pitch and also make sure the game is level left to right. A change to pitch should change the path of the ball.

The inlane lights change when the disc is spun. So if an outlane is unlit, then you need to hit the disc to try to move the unlit lane to an inlane.

#12394 84 days ago

Watch here: https://youtube.com/watch/WQkccyqWTs0

Order Here: https://www.interactivepinball.com/

Upgrade your Avengers Infinity Quest Pro with the AIQ Teamup Ramp. This ramp set integrates ball paths from the premium into the pro. The first shot being Captain Marvel where you’re able to shoot the ball through the spinner, up the ramp and back to your right flipper just like in the premium. The second ball path changes the standup Antman target into a ramp that returns the ball to your right flipper. Similar to the Antman VUK in the premium. This Antman ramp has an integrated switch and even though it is a difficult shot, the switch will register even if the ball only goes halfway up the ramp. This kit comprises of engineered components that are easy to install and are non-damaging to your playfield but require a small cut to your black panther plastic as seen in the images. If you choose to, your game can fully revert to the original without a trace of the AIQ teamup ramp ever being installed.

This kit includes all hardware necessary for the installation with detailed instructions.

IMG_0211 (resized).jpgIMG_0211 (resized).jpgIMG_0556 (resized).jpgIMG_0556 (resized).jpgIMG_0210 (resized).jpgIMG_0210 (resized).jpgIMG_9502 (resized).jpgIMG_9502 (resized).jpg
#12395 84 days ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

Watch here: https://youtube.com/watch/WQkccyqWTs0
Order Here: https://www.interactivepinball.com/
Upgrade your Avengers Infinity Quest Pro with the AIQ Teamup Ramp. This ramp set integrates ball paths from the premium into the pro. The first shot being Captain Marvel where you’re able to shoot the ball through the spinner, up the ramp and back to your right flipper just like in the premium. The second ball path changes the standup Antman target into a ramp that returns the ball to your right flipper. Similar to the Antman VUK in the premium. This Antman ramp has an integrated switch and even though it is a difficult shot, the switch will register even if the ball only goes halfway up the ramp. This kit comprises of engineered components that are easy to install and are non-damaging to your playfield but require a small cut to your black panther plastic as seen in the images. If you choose to, your game can fully revert to the original without a trace of the AIQ teamup ramp ever being installed.
This kit includes all hardware necessary for the installation with detailed instructions.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Okay now that is cool! I just ordered one for my Pro.

#12396 84 days ago

For anyone interested, I listed my discounted Pym Building on market: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/168820

Took the price down by $10 in hopes of getting it sold quicker. Let me know if you have any questions!

#12397 82 days ago
Quoted from InteractivePinball:

This Antman ramp has an integrated switch and even though it is a difficult shot, the switch will register even if the ball only goes halfway up the ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Impressive integrating the switch as well!

ps. If you ever produce a shallower captain marvel ramp for the premium, i think it would sell and would really convert some of the haters of this pin

#12398 77 days ago

So I got around to modding the Gauntlet and replaced the gems. First I drew out the design on the original, dremelled the grooves, then a gold wax. Also used a copper wax on the Dr. Strange logo I attached to the disc.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpegFullSizeRender (resized).jpegFullSizeRender 2 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender 2 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender 3 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender 3 (resized).jpegIMG_8987 (resized).jpegIMG_8987 (resized).jpegIMG_8988 (resized).jpegIMG_8988 (resized).jpegIMG_8990 (resized).jpegIMG_8990 (resized).jpeg
#12399 77 days ago
Quoted from pixelpete:

So I got around to modding the Gauntlet and replaced the gems. First I drew out the design on the original, dremelled the grooves, then a gold wax. Also used a copper wax on the Dr. Strange logo I attached to the disc.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's amazing work! Never seen a Stark Tower even close to being that nice. And the Dr. Strange spinner is a great look and concept. Wicked cool!

Soooooooo... gonna make any of these available for sale?

#12400 77 days ago

That's amazing work! Never seen a Stark Tower even close to being that nice. And the Dr. Strange spinner is a great look and concept. Wicked cool!
Soooooooo... gonna make any of these available for sale?

Thanks! I typically don't sell the mods. I'm not really in to the production side of things, but I'd be glad to share the 3D print file so you can make your own.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.00
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Lafayette, IN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,584 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 252.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/248 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.