IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 253.
#1401 3 years ago

I sold my nib le to another Pinsider whole lives near me , man he said there were a lot of quality control issues and again this is new in the box . Cpu not working , glass had some sort of defect and some burn in shooter lane . What’s up with these pinball companies ? They don’t check things out before they ship ??

#1402 3 years ago

Here we go boys...LE #260 is in the house. They clearly do not make them in order as my production date was 10/5. I definitely enjoy it so far. A bit dark. Stern should include the topper and speaker lights with LE's. My Monster Bash (Limited Edition) came with both at a lower cost and I love that game as well. Plenty of shots to make and as I'm not a pinball whiz, it should challenge me for some time.

It is too bad that some of you have had issues, I've been lucky so far. Second NIB purchase and I think that is the way I'm going from now on. My Monster Bash (Limited Edition) had one small issue, they sent me the new part and it was perfect. We'll see if something breaks on this or if I luck out.

Looking forward to getting a few mods, the topper and lights.

Avengers 1 (resized).jpgAvengers 1 (resized).jpgAvengers 2 (resized).jpgAvengers 2 (resized).jpgAvengers 3 (resized).jpgAvengers 3 (resized).jpgAvengers 4 (resized).jpgAvengers 4 (resized).jpgAvengers 5 (resized).jpgAvengers 5 (resized).jpg
#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I sold my nib le to another Pinsider whole lives near me , man he said there were a lot of quality control issues and again this is new in the box . Cpu not working , glass had some sort of defect and some burn in shooter lane . What’s up with these pinball companies ? They don’t check things out before they ship ??

Wow, the guy got a lemon?! That sucks

No issues with mine so hopefully he is taken care of. I heard of posts breaking off on the spinner and a couple of issues with the subway. Also, with pretty much every stern you have to check for any metal digging into the playfield So I’m sure people have found some issues with a pin here or there with that. Not sure what classifies as a lot but like usual they do have issues. Out of 500 LEs I’m not sure how many had issues or even how many pros have had issues. The poor guy you sold yours too with all those issues doesn’t seem like a common experience.

#1404 3 years ago

How do you adjust the disc spinner to make it level from all around it? You can’t tell much in the picture but one part is up a bit and is producing huge air balls.

00202DDA-C7EC-4C4C-9DF2-A1372185B337 (resized).jpeg00202DDA-C7EC-4C4C-9DF2-A1372185B337 (resized).jpeg
#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I’ve heard that it’s possible to change the timing of the balls being staged in the subway (to allow for the ball to move quicker via the subway to the vuk).
Does anyone know the setting to do this?

Download the latest code 0.91, it is mentioned in the read me what the setting is...

#1406 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

How do you adjust the disc spinner to make it level from all around it? You can’t tell much in the picture but one part is up a bit and is producing huge air balls.

Mine is slightly off as well, will be looking later.. Side note, the screwed down plastic around the hole on mine is starting to show some wear already, it is minor, but wonder how well it is going to hold up..

#1407 3 years ago

I don't have my game yet so I can't be certain on this, but the manual looks like there is a levelling bushing with 3 nuts that might be able to be adjusted:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

What the hell! Legs on up the stairs?
Get an appliance dolly for god sake!

Honest question. Would it not be easier to get the box up the stairs and not an assembled table?

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Honest question. Would it not be easier to get the box up the stairs and not an assembled table?

It’s heavier. Assembled table wouldn’t be bad at all especially considering how wide their stairs are.

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Ditto...

...And ditto again. Got mine today (born on date 10/6) and played a bit tonight. Noticed my skill shot and Hawkeye shots weren’t registering. Switch diagnostics menu showed a square lit around the inner loop opto switch when there shouldn’t be one (next to the right ramp exit opto in the pic).
I took off a wireform to take pics. The receiver under the plastic next to the gauntlet ramp doesn’t have a red light on. The emitter does show light coming from it though. The same part for the gauntlet ramp exit does have a red light on. So it looks like the receiver isn’t working for some reason.
Bummer, but in looking at the way it’s wired under the playfield my fingers are crossed that it’s just a plug and play solution. It looks like they have connectors so maybe no soldering required.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Somebody can correct me if I’m getting this wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s how Optos work. There is an Emitter, and a Receiver.

Your Emitter shoots a beam of light to the receiver which is dark. When the beam is interrupted the switch registers.

I think your screen is showing the switch registering?

If you put the machine in switch test and simply pass your finger or a ball between the optos, does it make an audible sound and display Switch 58?

Hope this helps.

#1411 3 years ago

Big thanks to KingPin Games. Game was here before 9am.

20201015_084536 (resized).jpg20201015_084536 (resized).jpg
#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Somebody can correct me if I’m getting this wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s how Optos work. There is an Emitter, and a Receiver.
Your Emitter shoots a beam of light to the receiver which is dark. When the beam is interrupted the switch registers.
I think your screen is showing the switch registering?
If you put the machine in switch test and simply pass your finger or a ball between the optos, does it make an audible sound and display Switch 58?
Hope this helps.

Switch number is 59 I think. Thanks but yeah I checked all that, including covering it with my finger and slowly rolling a ball past it. In the picture I posted of the switch test the right ramp exit switch is also on the same screen. So the inner loop switch should show up on that diagnostic screen the same way as the right ramp exit switch but instead it's showing different it's not receiving a beam.

The main issue seems to be indicated by the red led on the opto receiver board not being lit like it is for the identical parts on other optos in the game, such as the gauntlet ramp exit opto. You're correct that there isn't a beam shooting out of the receiver, but on the board itself is a small red led. That led being out seems to signal the receiver board isn't working for some reason.

I checked under the playfield also. They have really nice tags on the wiring now that show which connectors are for the inner loop optos. I pushed on the connectors and wiggled the wires a bit and still no led on the receiver board. This morning I pushed on and wiggled CN12 on node board 9 where the optos connect and still nothing.

#1413 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

The main issue seems to be indicated by the red led on the opto receiver board not being lit like it is for the identical parts on other optos in the game, such as the gauntlet ramp exit opto. That led being out seems to signal the receiver board isn't working for some reason.

On sterns opto led off = led blocked.

Is there something in the way?

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Switch number is 59 I think. Thanks but yeah I checked all that, including covering it with my finger and slowly rolling a ball past it. In the picture I posted of the switch test the right ramp exit switch is also on the same screen. So the inner loop switch should show up on that diagnostic screen the same way as the right ramp exit switch but instead it's showing different it's not receiving a beam.
The main issue seems to be indicated by the red led on the opto receiver board not being lit like it is for the identical parts on other optos in the game, such as the gauntlet ramp exit opto. You're correct that there isn't a beam shooting out of the receiver, but on the board itself is a small red led. That led being out seems to signal the receiver board isn't working for some reason.
I checked under the playfield also. They have really nice tags on the wiring now that show which connectors are for the inner loop optos. I pushed on the connectors and wiggled the wires a bit and still no led on the receiver board. This morning I pushed on and wiggled CN12 on node board 9 where the optos connect and still nothing.

It could just be slightly misaligned? There is no lit LED on my receiver either. Only the Emitter.

#1415 3 years ago
Quoted from hmannn1:

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

It could just be slightly misaligned? There is no lit LED on my receiver either. Only the Emitter.

Okay, that's definitely worth checking. I was thinking the led was an indicator the board was functioning. If it's just an indicator that the beam isn't being received then it could be an alignment issue. Thanks!

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from hmannn1:

I just received a response email from Stern. They are sending out a replacement assembly for the opto transmitter/receiver. I explained it wasn't showing red and they asked if it was blocked. When you remove the metal bracket with the optos on it, you can tell they are not blocked. Just bad boards/optos I guess.

Glad I'm able to work on my own stuff - minimally.

#1417 3 years ago
Quoted from hmannn1:

Quoted from MapleSyrup:

That fixed it!!! I had thought the red led on the receiver board meant the board was functional. I didn’t realize it was only an indicator that it’s receiving the beam from the transmitter.

I unscrewed the opto bracket under the playfield and took it out, and it registered correctly in switch test . I put it back in and it wasn’t registering. So it was being blocked.

Long story short, with the bracket screwed in and flush against the underside of the playfield the emitter was sitting too high so the beam wasn’t going through the hole in the guide rail. I put a washer under each bracket screw to lower it and it’s working now. I’ve attached a picture showing my fix.

Thank you to you guys and also to Kurt Hemispheres Amusements and Stern tech support who all were super responsive and sent me emails pointing me in the same direction at pretty much the exact same time you guys posted.

D1E57D6F-3018-4732-A193-BFB351EB2925 (resized).jpegD1E57D6F-3018-4732-A193-BFB351EB2925 (resized).jpeg
#1418 3 years ago

Knock on wood I have experienced very little if any issues on my NIB Stern pins or demo machines I've purchased. Really hoping this will be the case with my Premium when it comes in next week, but man it seems like there's been something going on with everyone's pin which has me a bit worried. I'm not real sharp at fixing even little things so I'm hoping to not have to go back through a lot of messages to pinpoint the fixes if any pop up. Can't wait to play it though.

#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

but man it seems like there's been something going on with everyone's pin which has me a bit worried.

I wouldn't sweat it. What you aren't seeing is the 1000 games they've already shipped that don't have any issues.

There are literally thousands of failure points on these games.

One process I go through with any game that comes into my possession, either NIB or used, is run through a type of "intake procedure". I usually print out the switch, coil, and light pages from the manual then go through the service menu and test them all and cross them off, before playing the first game. I check everything for tightness, connectors are all pushed on, etc....

Shipping beats the crap out of these things so even if they "QA" in the factory, I expect there to always be some tweaking to get it running optimally. It makes unboxings less flashy to spend 2 hours testing the game, but I'd rather do that than have a sub-optimal play experience.

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

if anyone has figured out how to do this adjustment please share i have the same thing going on

#1421 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

That fixed it!!! I had thought the red led on the receiver board meant the board was functional. I didn’t realize it was only an indicator that it’s receiving the beam from the transmitter.
I unscrewed the opto bracket under the playfield and took it out, and it registered correctly in switch test . I put it back in and it wasn’t registering. So it was being blocked.
Long story short, with the bracket screwed in and flush against the underside of the playfield the emitter was sitting too high so the beam wasn’t going through the hole in the guide rail. I put a washer under each bracket screw to lower it and it’s working now. I’ve attached a picture showing my fix.
Thank you to you guys and also to Kurt hemispheres Amusements and Stern tech support who all were super responsive and sent me emails pointing me in the same direction at pretty much the exact same time you guys posted.
[quoted image]

I was just about to report this and I was so proud of my pinball mechanic skills, but you beat me to it! lol. My sender was aimed right into the rail, assembly worked fine out of the machine in my hand. I shimmed it with two small washers between the bracket and playfield underside and fully operational now.

Out of curiosity, wondering if our rails are too high, or if the sender is mounted too low?

#1422 3 years ago

For mine I just had to push down on the wire form rail slightly and the opto would work again. I had to do it a few times. But it's been fine for over a week now. I play it every day.

Side loop opto (resized).jpegSide loop opto (resized).jpeg
#1423 3 years ago

if you look at eaglepin's photo, you can see the bottomside of the wires don't line up with the playfield bottom. doesn't look like stern pushed the wire all the way through. guessing the wireform rail is too high.

#1424 3 years ago

I got #265...it arrived as an LE box wrapped in a pro box. It would have been nicer if they could have just given me two .

IMG_1512 (resized).JPEGIMG_1512 (resized).JPEG
#1425 3 years ago

Anyone hearing anything on Premiums being shipped out yet, is hoping next week just wishful thinking, this is getting to be a tough wait!

#1426 3 years ago

Sept 11 build on my pro. Balls were very crappy/rusted, otherwise no issues noted.

20201015_130244 (resized).jpg20201015_130244 (resized).jpg
#1427 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Anyone hearing anything on Premiums being shipped out yet, is hoping next week just wishful thinking, this is getting to be a tough wait!

My distributor just asked for balance, game is shipping next week!

#1428 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

My distributor just asked for balance, game is shipping next week!

My distributor is getting 5 end of the week....too bad I’m #7 on the list.

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Mine is slightly off as well, will be looking later.. Side note, the screwed down plastic around the hole on mine is starting to show some wear already, it is minor, but wonder how well it is going to hold up..

You need to turn the white gear above the green line

7CE6D3BA-6B10-4E5A-8C12-614716C38981 (resized).jpeg7CE6D3BA-6B10-4E5A-8C12-614716C38981 (resized).jpeg
#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Just got confirmation from my distributor that my Premium will be shipped next Tuesday or Wednesday.

#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I received an email reply from Stern that they would ship a new one to me. they wanted pictures of it also. I also complained about the "lines" in the playfield... We'll see what happens there.

Did you go directly through stern or did your distributor contact them?

#1432 3 years ago

Still waiting for notification of shipping on my Premium. I’m sure it will be here soon though

#1433 3 years ago

Deleted post

#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I really hope to get a call on my pro soon...

we have pro's in stock ready to ship

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

I got copied on the communications between Stern and the shipping company for mine today, so I'm thinking next week as well.

#1436 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Got my shipping notice yesterday and my distributor (game room goodies) just confirmed the batch my game is in is getting picked up for transfer to the UPS freight hub tomorrow.

#1437 3 years ago

Yep... we have Premiums leaving Stern today and tomorrow

#1438 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

You need to turn the white gear above the green line
[quoted image]

Spinning Disc Adjustment Procedure (1).pdfSpinning Disc Adjustment Procedure (1).pdf

click on the pic to get the pdf.

#1439 3 years ago

Anyone else have issues with doctor strange spinning disc to where it stops raising up half way or raises up really slow? Just got the game and 2nd game in started doing this. Says issues on switch 86 also
Thanks

#1440 3 years ago

Also anyone shoot the avenger tower and the ball comes right back; still counts the lock, but sometimes just doesn’t grab it. Thanks

#1441 3 years ago

Found the issue on the spinning disk; the brass bushing feel out of the holder underneath the machine; pushed back in but don’t know if it going to stay in

#1442 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

Also anyone shoot the avenger tower and the ball comes right back; still counts the lock, but sometimes just doesn’t grab it. Thanks

Yeah I have had that. Not all the time but on occasion.

#1443 3 years ago

Really starting to worry with all the issues. not so much the little QC things like not bothering to locktite screws, but the sunbway sounds like a design issue. Surley they play tested these things before production?

Thinking seriously about asking for my deposit back.

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Really starting to worry with all the issues. not so much the little QC things like not bothering to locktite screws, but the sunbway sounds like a design issue. Surley they play tested these things before production?
Thinking seriously about asking for my deposit back.

George Gomez said that the subway thing was a botched weld. Later LE models (he said the ones built after 3-4 days as I recall?) should be ok.
Just got my LE yesterday so cannot confirm just yet.
I'm not seeing any insurmountable issues initially. Had to adjust the manual plunger but the auto-plunger is great.
Also had to bend the wire form ramp slightly so that the ball doesnt fall off the rail, but havent had it happen since so am pleased with everything so far.

#1445 3 years ago

I'm in for a premium, but the subway thing seems a design fault. People are saying there is either not enough opto's or the design with the fingers is incorrect and stopping it from functioning properly. People are resorting to disabling it. If I'd wanted it disabled I would have saved money and bought a pro.

It's all a bit worrying for someone like me who has to pay someone to do the maintenance.

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from SpidermanDan:

Found the issue on the spinning disk; the brass bushing feel out of the holder underneath the machine; pushed back in but don’t know if it going to stay in

Already fell out again - the piece number is 2 from picture 5.33 - leveling bushing

#1447 3 years ago

LE 300 signing in,
Game plays great out the box,
Disk seems to be triggering the switch without spinning.
Any idea what could cause this?
Thanks.

#1448 3 years ago

LE 59 will be unboxed tomorrow. Fingers crossed, as always.

#1449 3 years ago

Ok anyone know where the dog would go. I saw the extra plastics in the bag for my LE and I was like oh a dog. It's stapled to the side so I don't want to pull it out unless it would look cool somewhere.

PXL_20201016_000809636 (resized).jpgPXL_20201016_000809636 (resized).jpg
#1450 3 years ago
Quoted from Jmxdc:

Ok anyone know where the dog would go. I saw the extra plastics in the bag for my LE and I was like oh a dog. It's stapled to the side so I don't want to pull it out unless it would look cool somewhere.
[quoted image]

Part #K9
Cute Stern

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Bonney Lake, WA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.