04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kneekicklou.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10748 1 year ago
Quoted from MRG:

great video

I was watching this the other day, did he somehow just skip the Battle Thanos wizard mode? It seemed like it started then just finished and gave him 1Billion. Or is that how the game is?

3 months later
#11200 1 year ago

I’ve mentioned it before on other threads but if your on the fence about the precision flippers start with the bushing and keep the regular flippers. If you can always upgrade the shafts and bats later but I think the bushing make a big difference by themselves.

Full disclosure I haven’t tried the halos, people say they are more controllable but I found the full solid flippers too bouncy for my liking. I’m did not have on low bounce rubbers though so YMMV.

I think AIQ would be a perfect game for this upgrade.

#11203 1 year ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

IMO if you need to install modded flippers to backhand the Marvel ramp (premium) is basically cheating. That’s why I don’t have IC and never will. Not even playing fields.

Everything you do to a game makes it different, I just dont get the "that's cheating" argument. It's my game in my home I want to play it how it feels best to me. Everyone else on that plays on the game plays with the same flippers so all scores are even there. If I play on location I play with those flippers. If it makes the game more fun for me at home then I'm all for it.

Pinstadiums make the game brighter so you can see the ball.
HD glass makes things more visible.
Titan rubbers change the bounces.
People have games at higher or lower playfield angles.
Outlanes posts in different places.

2 weeks later
#11275 1 year ago

I have a rules question,

On the premium it seems like lighting STRANGE opens the disc and would lock you out of collecting more portal locks before starting a gem quest is this correct? Can you qualify and lock portal locks while the strange disc is up?

And then in turn on the pro since you start a gem quest by hitting the gauntlet ramp instead of the subway but lock balls virtually can you qualify and lock portals after a quest has been qualified?

#11280 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

On the premium, if portal lock is qualified after the portal is open, the next portal shot will portal lock the ball instead. Portal stays up and next portal shot starts mode.

Nice thanks for the clarification

I guess its might just be easier on the pro since hitting the ramp is less likely to happen accidently than falling into the portal.

1 week later
#11322 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Luckily they went with the comic theme and artwork instead of theming based on the movies or actors, making it more timeless. I’d agree with you on the dated comment if it was a movie based game. It does seem like everyone has it or had it though, that’s for sure. Great game.

I haven’t yet and it’s definitely on my list just looks like such a fun flowy shooter. I’ve played a friends prem a handful on times and have collected a few stones so far away from anything like Thanos or black order.

3 weeks later
#11431 1 year ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

Who here has Insider Connected on their home AIQ? Would you recommend it? I mostly play on my home machines and don't play a lot on location. I love the idea of getting access to the Gem Mania mode without the Topper, but not sure what else it really adds. Any insight would be appreciated. For context, I'm between getting PinStadiums on it or IC.

Achievements are fun, if you don't care about those or tracking scores nothing else really for home users.

#11482 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Holy shit dude I somehow managed to adjust one of them the right side that was so difficult it wasn’t even funny ;
Why would they make that Allen so tight ;
I somehow adjusted the flipper but I don’t quite understand the mechanism of how it works but don’t bother your help has been god send
The Right side is adjusted not sure if it’s tightened all the way but seems hand tightened is enough too afraid to do other side will see how this plays I’m sweating balls
[quoted image]

It has to be very tight so it doesn't slip. Tighten it more than you think you need to otherwise you'll have to adjust it again when it eventually moves from the force of the mech hitting the coil stop. Once you do it a few times it gets easier, it's all part of the pinball maintenance learning curve.

#11502 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of thanos soul for all the help ;
I can now hit black widow ramp but mostly only with right flipper with about 40% rate
Left flipper can only hit black widow lucky off a rolling ball and off tip of flipper ;
Loosening that flipper was hell ; I definitely loosened it too much cause it was going everywhere;
I have the game set to 10 balls because i want to see more of the game but stupid black widow ramp blocks progress or rejects SDTM drains ..
Thanks for all the help I think we have exhausted all options my tech is coming tommrow to do a full game check..
To me after aligning the flippers the clear issue is power… just not enough power…
Even when I hit black widow ramp or big fat ramp (who’s ramp is that) ball barely makes it;
It’s frustrating to play the game when balls can just barely get up either ramp
(Pitch in front of both ramps is 6.3 center of playfield is 6.5-6.6)

Maybe if you can take some video as well might be able to see exactly what’s going on. Hopefully the tech will get you sorted out though

1 week later
#11561 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Oh wow that definitely explains it to be one of the 2 in my case probably missing the tower and SDTM;
You see very knowledgeable could I ask another question please ?
I understand how to get gems ; placing them is a different story ..
From my understanding
1)win gem
2)collect gem from gauntlet
Here is my problem in placing the gem;
I see the gem icons on the playfield corresponding to the avenger shot;
So shoot the avenger shot place gem simple enough but here’s my questions;
1) can you place gems only on the 6th main avengers? Seems the only other person would be captain marvel ?
2) by the drop targets there is a gem icon and appears to be human hulk; right past hulk spinner is another gem icon ; why does hulk have two gem icons
3) what is the iron man shot ? The tower ?
4) to change gems just hit scoop and move the flippers to appropriate avenger whose gem lights up for them ?
Thank you for the help sorry I just got game and love how deep it is

1) you can place the gem on the computer gri (drop targets), hulk spinner, captain America, shot between the pops, black widow, marvel, or black panther

2) no one is the computer/vision the othe is hulk

3) iron man doesn’t have a “shot” you collect him through the IRON in/outlanes there the towr shot that builds and starts iron man MB but has nothing to do with collecting him

4) yup

3 weeks later
#11642 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

How does one turn off the updates in Sterns with IC installed at factory? Do I just unregister my game? Don’t want to lose the new sound mod. I don’t use the IC anyway.

Just turn off or disconnect from wifi can’t update without that

#11690 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Figured it out!
Keywords: Game Validation Error, Update SD Card
When you setup a new SD card, it takes you to the “Guided Setup” screen.
There is an option to setup Home Team there. I always used to put “ON FREE PLAY only,” which is the only choice other than NO.
This time though, I left Home Team off and then finished the rest of the setup.
I tried manually logging into my IC profile and it worked! I then played a game and went back to the settings menu and turned on Home Team in standard adjustments (FREE PLAY ONLY).
After that, we had success! I held down the left flipper and it logged me back into Home Team with no error. I didn’t need to wait for any verification so I think this issue that I have is separate from what everybody else was seeing which is why I didn’t get the technician alert.
I guess it needed one manual login for Home Team to work or be recognized even if the pin is already registered to your IC profile. Something in the code was preventing the Home Team from being activated until I actually logged in once the old way we had before Home Team was added.

Nice! might be good big report to send into stern

1 week later
#11748 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Just to give an update for everyone on a few things
; long post summary :
Launch problems fixed !
The Disk screws have no nuts one kept spinning solution: Loctite ;
seems to have held it in place i put it in the hole then screwed it in loosely and also used loctite on this captain marvel screws(those have no nuts either they go into cheap plastic);
the plastic holder that they attached to was stripped probably from the factory….
Stern obviously over-tightened some of the screws and stripped them.
So no nuts on either of those screws FYI…..
Much credit and appreciate goes to awesome1 for the key post write up on launch fix;
I followed All his instructions and ended up working great and fixing it!
-Installed new and more powerful auto plunger coil the 23-700; (set plunge strength to recommended 230)
Made a huge difference finally ball has a chance to make it to the right flipper 95% of the time.
Installed new red tension spring
Centered shooter tip;
The only thing still troubling, is the ball really still keeps trying to get stuck under the glove of thanos , but I have that bumper plastic bumper there;
unfortunately increasing the ball launch strength made this problem worse but it’s fine with my fix...
The bumper is already getting eaten up so I’ll have to eventually change it out…
Game is Finally working as it should !
Thank you everyone for all of your help you guys have all been amazing…
Time to go enjoy my machine!

Great news and good job sticking with it until you got your game playing how you wanted, it’s unfortunate you had to do some much to a brand new game but I’m sure you learned a lot and will hopefully be easier next time.

Now go get those gems and Battle Thanos

#11764 1 year ago
Quoted from thefiend5:

Richter1019 I am actually getting ready to try it out, I pulled the memory card out. Do I just keep the one that I pulled out the way it is and use a seperate memory card? Or can I just overwrite the one I pulled out from the machine?
Also if I do need a second memory card the one I have is a ADATA MLC SDHC #1 I 8 GB
Do I need to get a exact same one? Or can I juse any 8 gb card?

I would keep the one you have as is and just get another one for custom code in case anything doesn’t work you have a good one to fall back on.

I’d also try to match the specs of the current one as close as possible.

1 week later
#11787 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you !
Yeah, I actually have been following your post religiously and set the power originally to 230 but we’re still getting rejects that’s why I upped it to the max;
I will give that wax a try, but I am a bit leery of waxing on a machine; I currently use the Marco specialties, complete appliance cleaner and polish and it does a great job and makes the playfield , silky smooth and cleans ;
My distributor and Tech both said do not use wax ; I honestly don’t know enough about it but I don’t think that will completely solve this issue I’m having, although it may help.
Plan Z once I’m done with all the options and opinions of the great people here is to switch out node board 8 with Godzilla, and see if it still shoots the same…

If there is anyway you can prop a phone up or use a tripod or have a friend help and take some video it would be a lot better for people to see exactly what is going on.

1 month later
#11882 11 months ago
Quoted from Savageroots:

So I finally have been able to play my AIQ this week and my sound from the game was a little echoey so it made me move stuff in my room and the machine. I ended up opening the coin door to just make sure everything with the bass speaker looked ok when I notice this small pile of dust/powder. It was silver and gold. Is this from the flipper coil? It didn’t look like it was right underneath it. I assume normal wear and tear.[quoted image]

Yes and no, it’s normal for the stern coil stops but can be replaced with higher quality ones from Pinball Life

#11885 11 months ago
Quoted from Savageroots:

Is this what I would be looking for from pinball life?
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html
I was looking at pinball life and seems like a lot of coil sleeves on there. Anyone have handy the part?
Thanks for the help all

Yup

5 months later
#12176 6 months ago

Doing a temp trade for an AIQ this weekend, excited to really dig into this game. Been excited about it since I saw Karl playing it when it first came out.

One thing I do really which this game had is the named combos like DNA or City Combos unless I’m missing something I didn’t think I saw these in any of the rules.

1 week later
#12201 6 months ago

So question, for some reason I thought you were always able to get a portal lock with the super secret skill shot, the drops one. I know it will instantly award the square and can complete the bingos but is there a certain one I need it to be on to collect a portal lock or just check instant info and see if one of the bingo is the portal lock reward?

#12205 5 months ago
Quoted from indybru:

Maybe someone can help me out here. I played AIQ pro at expo this afternoon and enjoyed it. So I heard go for mind gem which I did several times. Thanks EaglePin. One time I somewhat completed it but needed one more shot it said hit something but I have no idea what. Thoughts?
Also, out of the blue I ended up in a gem where I had to make shots (a bunch of Avenger's were on the display first) and lost flips. Not sure how that happened.
Cheers. Bruce

So mind gem you hit one of the blue shots then the disc 3 times then you hit the sanctum target to finish, it’s the one behind the disc next to the iron man shot.

The other gem was soul gem which is a limited flip mode that you get when you collect all of the different avengers

#12213 5 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

So question, for some reason I thought you were always able to get a portal lock with the super secret skill shot, the drops one. I know it will instantly award the square and can complete the bingos but is there a certain one I need it to be on to collect a portal lock or just check instant info and see if one of the bingo is the portal lock reward?

I think what I was seeing is that perhaps in competition mode the middle row is always portal lock? I was just watching some expo stream yesterday and saw a couple people hit this skill shot for a portal lock right away.

#12220 5 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Yeah. I just bought a bunch of sleeves from pinball life. Recommend buying some coil stops while you’re at it. We discovered all three flippers on our AIQ have some play in the flipper arm that connects to the plunger. So I’ll be ordering even more parts…
AIQ is a game that absolutely required flippers to be tip top. The game is so much more enjoyable when your flippers are responsive and powerful.

Totally agree, on that point I highly recommend the precision flipper bushing on this game as a replacement for the standard plastic one. It really gives you all the power you need to make all the shots consistently.

#12227 5 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The usual cause of airballs in that area is the Sanctum target. It gets bent backwards so it launches balls upwards, and that can happen from either the lower or upper flippers. Bend it back forwards. There are mods for a stronger mounting bracket to prevent that if you want.
Also FYI, a stuck ball (even multiple) doesn't have to end your game or count as a drain. With the coin door open so the voltage interlock is off, get the balls unstuck and put them back in the plunger lane. They'll autoplunge once you close the door, and you can keep playing from there.

There is also a setting in the options called Coin Door Ball saver it should remember how many balls were in play when the coin door was opened and if you just drain the balls it auto launches them back into play.

1 week later
#12266 5 months ago

The way you can go from 2 portal locks gem mode, add in Thor, plus add a ball to one or no balls in play amazes me every time

#12290 5 months ago
Quoted from greben0ts:

So opening the portal after killing Thanos starts one of the wizard modes.
In my case, I opened it once after killing Thanos to start quest to collect Space gem, using Soul Gem, and then opened another time afterwards, but didn’t actually start the wizard mode afterwards. Bummer!
Now that I’m getting quite a bit better at this game, I think I might need to start looking up more advanced strategies.
My standard is:
Mind as soon as I have 2 portal locks (I’m convinced this is the highest scoring potential of any gem quest).
If not 2 locks, then Power.
Then Soul.
Reality as soon as I have 2 more locks.
Time if I have 1 or 0 locks.
Space if I have 0 locks.
I’m beginning to think though, if I pick up space early, I can really push a lot of mind gem uses out of it.
So I dunno. Still having fun, and still have a ways to go to get to consistent 2B+

I’ve had the game for a few weeks I’m still trying to get to Battle Thanos more than points right now, my strategy so far has been.

Mind gem first no locks maybe bring in Thor it seems pretty simple to get through in single ball except the final blow that Sanctum also seems so hard when you need it. Put this on BW

Then usually power with a portal lock from combos, try to put this on Cap or Panther.

Soul gem with hopefully 3 mind gem shots.

Reality with 2 locks at this point mostly for points.

Then work on Time and space if I can survive that long.

After soul I try to switch power to cap or panther whoever didn’t have it since the other is already collected and get that one quickly again.

If anyone has suggestions I’m all ears. I really do dig the strategy of this game if you want to go for points or progress.

#12305 5 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Thoughts on which Precision flippers are best with AIQ?
I have Halos on my SW Premium and love them. Going to order a set for an incoming AIQ Premium but I am torn. I played John's AIQ at TPF, which I believe had the regular Precision flippers.
Any experiences / pics are appreciated.

I put just the bushing on and I really like that combo of regular plastic flipper and precision bushings.

2 weeks later
#12356 4 months ago

Ok question for awesome1 i saw some of your videos of AIQ, how in the world were you getting 25+ million victory laps? Is it just a matter of keeping the balls in play for long enough? I know spinning the disc increases the victory laps value but I’ve never seen it anywhere close to that high.

#12380 4 months ago

I played a few games today and almost avoided gem modes in favor of just collecting avengers it was a fun change of pace. Took portal locks when I could tried to get gems when I was in a mode but made sure I got power to help with leveling. Had Iron man and Thor left to collect for BOBR hit like 4 bingo squares to collect avenger, clear it with a bingo and collect it again to light the mode. Had it lit ball trapped on the right. I thought about backhanding the gauntlet decided to “play it safe” and do widow to gauntlet and you know the story before it’s finished brick drain game over.

I had be getting frustrated not collecting a gem on ball 1 and thinking the whole game was lost. Need to adjust focus when that happens and learn to live with it. So many ways to attack this game you’re almost never locked out of something.

I do wish you could double flip the soul gem animation sometimes lol does give a little breather though I suppose.

2 weeks later
#12417 3 months ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

What's on everyone's wishlist for a firmware update if there's a new CE? The trend has been to make the ruleset more forgiving.
- replay gems
- Thanos attacks doesn't take a gem
- more outline saves

Yeah the lack of any kind of outlane save on this game is kind of strange (get it). Not sure if you know but if you collect the soul gem you can replay a failed gem quest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kneekicklou.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=kneekicklou and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.