IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 256.
#2051 3 years ago

Unboxed my premium over the weekend and I keep getting random ball saves activating and a new ball plunged when my original ball is clearly still in play and never drained. This only happens when ball save is flashing, so I am wondering if it's a trough sensor issue? This is probably not game specific, but I couldn't find a answer to my problem elsewhere. What should I look into for troubleshooting? Newer to the hobby so forgive my limited knowledge.

#2052 3 years ago

If you're only getting saved balls during ballsave, and NOT seeing your ball in play ended early after ballsave ends (bonus count while ball is still on playfield), it's likely an outlane switch is triggering when it shouldn't be. Either an outlane switch wires are going to another switch, or the outlane switch is way too sensitive and being triggered by vibration. Check switches for issues.

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from anago:

Unboxed my premium over the weekend and I keep getting random ball saves activating and a new ball plunged when my original ball is clearly still in play and never drained. This only happens when ball save is flashing, so I am wondering if it's a trough sensor issue? This is probably not game specific, but I couldn't find a answer to my problem elsewhere. What should I look into for troubleshooting? Newer to the hobby so forgive my limited knowledge.

Take the glass off, put the game in switch test mode (remember to pull the white post so switches are energized) and smack the playfield firmly with your hand in various places to see if switches trigger from the vibration.

#2054 3 years ago

Has anyone who ordered a premium from automated services heard anything about their estimated delivery?

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys I've had my premium a couple of days now and I wanted to get some advice on some issues I've been having.
1st. The balls are flying off every Wireform. It's falling out of the captain marvel ramp and it's rattling out of the upper form by the avenger tower. At this point 1 out of 5 shots is flying off. I've tried lowering the flipper and plunger strength and i have also tried bending the main form with pliers. No difference so far.
2nd. Air balls Galore. Balls are bouncing and smashing into stuff everywhere. Constantly having to remove the glass and fish balls from places.
3rd. Balls are bouncing out of the inlanes and into the outlanes. At the point now if they arent returned using ramps they are in the outlanes.

Yeah man .. not trying to be a jerk here but I own both these games Minimal issues and they are a ton of fun . I am sure you can get it tweaked there is nothing inherently faulty with them. Only issue I had was ball flying off the wireform that crosses the playfield and the slight bend did it.

I have not adjusted my flipper power at all , relax man these are two awesome
Games !!

#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Haven't seen anyone else post about this yet, but I've had it 3 times playing on site.
Ball gets stuck at the location indicated, where the 2 ramp feedback rails cross. (didn't take a photo at the time)

Just adjust the 2 habit trails so the ball passes freely under. Did it to mine, easy fix.
there are only two other ball traps I know about, I just fix them with these things.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075KWVTJV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

be nice if stern had a guard there, but those rubber nub things work fine.
20201018_120331 (resized).jpg20201018_120331 (resized).jpg20201018_120344 (resized).jpg20201018_120344 (resized).jpg

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Flippers are way powered down. Just enough to get up ramps. Like I don't know what else to do at this point. Between this and TMNT I honestly feel like I have wasted my money.

As mentioned before, what is the pitch on your machine? I have played around with the pitch on our premium model and personally feel when my machine is set at 6.5 I get a decent amount of ball hops etc. I have our machine at 6.7 and she shoots like butter.

#2058 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Was just about to ask the same thing, where are the balls coming off the rails?
I’ve been fortunate, that mines played great out the box. I turned down the trough eject, auto plunger, slings a little (more to reduce strain on the posts/clear while we have these playfield issues looming) and turned down the VUK power buts that’s it.
Where are you having each of these issues?

On the main ramp in 2 spots the 1st is at the beginning of the wireform(There's a key post about this) and if manages to stay on then it it falls off where it curves right next to the vuk. I have bent the ramp like the key post but I has not made any difference. For the marvel ramp the ball goes up and either the shot is made, the ball rolls down or it gets halfway up and then just falls out. On wireform near portal the ball jumps out right before the exit near upper flipper.

Quoted from PDX-Mike:

As mentioned before, what is the pitch on your machine? I have played around with the pitch on our premium model and personally feel when my machine is set at 6.5 I get a decent amount of ball hops etc. I have our machine at 6.7 and she shoots like butter.

Pitch is at 6.6

#2059 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I thought someone said there is a menu option in the Premium/LE to have the ball just go through the subway and use virtual locks. How many ways are there for this to work in the code currently?

If you take the walk lock off and set that adjustment to 'pass through' the subway shot still works but it virtual locks instead.

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

On the main ramp in 2 spots the 1st is at the beginning of the wireform(There's a key post about this) and if manages to stay on then it it falls off where it curves right next to the vuk. I have bent the ramp like the key post but I has not made any difference. For the marvel ramp the ball goes up and either the shot is made, the ball rolls down or it gets halfway up and then just falls out. On wireform near portal the ball jumps out right before the exit near upper flipper.

Pitch is at 6.6

Take the glass off and put the game in switch test and start hitting these shots over and over. It should be easy to see what is causing the ball to come off the main wireform by the VUK. Hell since your flippers are set so weak, you could just set the ball on the wireform and it will come off by the VUK. That’s where you film in slow mo. Something is touching the ball and knocking it off the rails.

The marvel ramp will be harder. Something is physically impeding it’s progress. Again. Do slo mo for a made shot and a rejected shot and compare the two.

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from Dorkboy:

Has anyone who ordered a premium from automated services heard anything about their estimated delivery?

Called last week and was told 4-5 weeks because of Stern delays.

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

Thanks. I had a feeling.

#2063 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

On mine it was falling off right before the curve at the VUK, but adjusting the 3rd rail at the end of the wireform solved it. Even though the problem was further up the rail, the ball wasn't falling off immediately and was instead falling off on the other side of the playfield. That's where taking video and checking out the path of the ball leading up to and at at each place where you have an issue will help you figure out where an adjustment needs to be made to fix it. You might need to bend it a bit more, but you would likely be able to confirm what's going on if you take video and review it.

#2064 3 years ago

Or stern could play test the fucking things at the factory before they sent them out.

I have a gunners coming too and i'm really excited about it.

I'm dreading seeing the Avengers and having to hope the machine is fixable AFTER it's delivered to Australia.

This will be my last nib stern. Just can't cope with their business model.

#2065 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

My glass is also very tight to the cabinet but I honestly prefer it. I like not worrying about the glass sliding out on it's own when I remove the lockdown bar.

When tempered glass is held this tight (mine is too) it is very liable to shatter on its own due to tension. I keep worrying about hearing it explode in the middle of the night and seeing a thousand tiny pieces lying on the playfield. I intend to take a flat punch that fits inside the runners that hold the glass, and tap them with a dead blow hammer a bit to widen the runners just a hair. That's all it would take. I'll report back once I get time to do it.

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Did ya’ll measure or try another piece of glass? If the playfield is square in the cab, maybe its the glass?

I pulled the AIQ glass and tried it in another pin. Fit perfectly loose as normal. Tried a different glass in AIQ and it wouldn't fit. The cabinets are being made slightly too narrow in some cases.

#2067 3 years ago

I’m in the LE CLUB !!!
What an amazing machine ... love it!

4A8BDEE7-C02C-4BA2-9064-43F0BAC8F4E4 (resized).jpeg4A8BDEE7-C02C-4BA2-9064-43F0BAC8F4E4 (resized).jpeg
#2068 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

I pulled the AIQ glass and tried it in another pin. Fit perfectly loose as normal. Tried a different glass in AIQ and it wouldn't fit. The cabinets are being made slightly too narrow in some cases.

Or that cabinet is slightly out of square, or the glass channel plastic was put on just slightly off.

#2069 3 years ago
Quoted from hmannn1:

If you take the lock mech off and set that adjustment to 'pass through' the subway shot still works but it virtual locks instead.

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

So what is a good answer to expect a premium pin? This sucks. Paid in full day 1, told it “should ship” mid October. Ok, I was fine with that at day one. Than calling my distributor around mid October they said they should get their orders in for premiums October 16, than the 19th or 20th. Now the they said possibly the 26th, guess what, no call. Seeing others get their premiums here makes me second guess why I even paid for it it to begin with.

If a distributor has no idea when their orders will be filled, fine tell me that. At least than I can’t be let down. Hate the smoke screen of its coming tomorrow, than next day, etc. Wish I could cancel this order and not lose any money so I can buy another pin to restore instead.

#2071 3 years ago

Referencing my post from Friday regarding my "1 # off" issue in my LE. Got an e-mail from Eddie @ Stern repair, referenced part #509-1003-01 (node board), and sending me a reprogrammed one to correct the problem.

NEXT BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE!!!! Man, anybody that rags on Stern has lost their mind.....

This minor ocd thing doesn't affect my ability to play at all, and had a massive great game (around 400 million) tonight...very good for me, not reading any rules yet. It really is a great shooter, and getting more fun by the day......

#2072 3 years ago

Premium arrived today! Plays perfect out of the box, zero issues.

PXL_20201026_190027849 (resized).jpgPXL_20201026_190027849 (resized).jpgPXL_20201026_193749375 (resized).jpgPXL_20201026_193749375 (resized).jpgPXL_20201026_210522367.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20201026_210522367.MP (resized).jpg
#2073 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Does anyone have information on sounds settings on the LE to get the best sound? I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to the different sound frequency, gain, filter, etc. settings.
For JP2, someone posted the settings they were using and I remember changing mine to those settings and being absolutely blown away by how much better it sounded. If anyone has ideas on optimal settings for this one that would be great.

Thought I'd try again to see if anyone has suggestions on the LE speaker settings. Any ideas as to what ohm, fade, gain, etc. settings give the best sound?

#2074 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Premium arrived today! Plays perfect out of the box, zero issues.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice diverse lineup. How do you like that P3?

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Referencing my post from Friday regarding my "1 # off" issue in my LE. Got an e-mail from Eddie @ Stern repair, referenced part #509-1003-01 (node board), and sending me a reprogrammed one to correct the problem.
NEXT BUSINESS DAY RESPONSE!!!! Man, anybody that rags on Stern has lost their mind.....
This minor ocd thing doesn't affect my ability to play at all, and had a massive great game (around 400 million) tonight...very good for me, not reading any rules yet. It really is a great shooter, and getting more fun by the day......

I emailed them this morning about the power cord mix up, eddie responded with in 2 hrs .... no questions asked, cord is in the mail....

I have no complaints, they've always treated me right

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Yup. It’s definitely the cab...

#2077 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Nice diverse lineup. How do you like that P3?

I love it! The ability to have multiple games in one spot is huge for me, as I can only comfortably fit 4 (maybe 5 if I could sneak it past the wife) games. The P3 is a huge changeup from the rest of the lineup, and I really try and maximize my variety. I would recommend a P3 to anyone who is thinking about it. Heist is a great game on its own, and the fact I can swap in CCR or Lexy is just icing on the cake.

#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

So what is a good answer to expect a premium pin? This sucks. Paid in full day 1, told it “should ship” mid October. Ok, I was fine with that at day one. Than calling my distributor around mid October they said they should get their orders in for premiums October 16, than the 19th or 20th. Now the they said possibly the 26th, guess what, no call. Seeing others get their premiums here makes me second guess why I even paid for it it to begin with.
If a distributor has no idea when their orders will be filled, fine tell me that. At least than I can’t be let down. Hate the smoke screen of its coming tomorrow, than next day, etc. Wish I could cancel this order and not lose any money so I can buy another pin to restore instead.

I paid in full on 2nd day of release for my Premium and got the call from FedEx late last week that it should be delivered to my house in California on November 3rd.

#2079 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Yeah, I was definitely disappointed. But I don’t turn over games often so one month is not the end of the world. Having to wait who knows how long for my GNR makes this seem ok to me though...

#2080 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I'm in for a Premium. Must've lucked out since my distributor told me October. They also told me November for the topper and shooter rod. I am Excited-man.

Its official, in the club now. Just got my Avengers Premium today! So much fun!

IMG_5339[9333] (resized).jpgIMG_5339[9333] (resized).jpg
#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Thought I'd try again to see if anyone has suggestions on the LE speaker settings. Any ideas as to what ohm, fade, gain, etc. settings give the best sound?

Pinwoofer. Drops mic...
Seriously I have it installed and it's amazing.
If you do try it, be sure and call Dan and tell him you have an LE. You won't need new speakers. Just the amp kit and a woofer spacer ring.

Ok but with a stock LE setup it's not bad, just underpowered. I found setting the backbox to 8ohm sounded a lot better. Set the high frequency to 8khz. Then work on boosting bass on the cab speaker, and use 250Hz. You can select 10 band eq to dial it in best you can, boosting highs for the backbox and lows for the cab.

#2082 3 years ago

Dupe

#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yup. It’s definitely the cab...

When I opened the box the other day when mine arrived I noticed this, however the glass should slide in easier the first few inches as the cabinet is slightly wider as you can see in the pic, cabinet is solid by the way, just wasn’t clamped properly I guess.

I honestly think it’s the glass channel, my glass has a small scratch line (hidden by the channel thankfully) I’m going to try and spread the channel a little at some point, tightest glass I’ve ever had in a pin.

39C99A9C-F57F-4503-B4C0-57D0C6D40A11 (resized).jpeg39C99A9C-F57F-4503-B4C0-57D0C6D40A11 (resized).jpeg

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

When I opened the box the other day when mine arrived I noticed this, however the glass should slide in easier the first few inches as the cabinet is slightly wider as you can see in the pic, cabinet is solid by the way, just wasn’t clamped properly I guess.
I honestly think it’s the glass channel, my glass has a small scratch line (hidden by the channel thankfully) I’m going to try and spread the channel a little at some point, tightest glass I’ve ever had in a pin.
[quoted image]

Stupid question as I don't have mine already. Could they have used a thinner channel so it doesn't get scratched by the captain marvel ramp? I heard that one is pretty close to the glass.

#2085 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lonnie (maybe others, too) does low-level OS stuff that all the machines use in addition to his more high-profile game-specific code. There should be a lock and key system for the low level OS so it recognizes what it is on and blocks code updates that don't match that. It is not hard to do, just takes some planning. It should have been a feature starting with Aerosmith, not left still undone 10 games later. They're going to HAVE to do it for network based updates, so maybe that's the plan? Put it off until there's no way around it?

just looking at the various updates recently, sorry I'm a geek, there is a lot_ going on with how Stern structuring their code. A lot more encryption- I suspect to make the games secure for going online.

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

just looking at the various updates recently, sorry I'm a geek, there is a lot_ going on with how Stern structuring their code. A lot more encryption- I suspect to make the games secure for going online.

Online probably had a lot to do with it, but I also imagine when Dwight's code was disassembled and literally all his easter eggs for a game (I don't recall which one...Munsters?) laid out in a post a year or so ago, Stern probably freaked out a little. Who puts easter eggs in plaintext??

Oh, and I'm sure they want to kill pinball browser, too.

#2087 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Poor Black Widow... Getting no love in the Poll

A little late but I gave her some.

#2088 3 years ago

Poor Black Widow... Getting no love in the Poll

She's a throw away character........too soon?

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

She's a throw away character........too soon?

Never mastered the super hero landing

#2090 3 years ago

This doohickey broke off, so I went to settings and bypassed the portal/subway lock. I think the game might actually be more fun this way. The gauntlet ramp becomes the portal shot with a lot less waiting time. Plus, no need to worry about the inevitable something going wrong with the rising disc. Now I need cool inserts for the subway windows.

20201026_181012 (resized).jpg20201026_181012 (resized).jpg
#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

This doohickey broke off, so I went to settings and bypassed the portal/subway lock. I think the game might actually be more fun this way. The gauntlet ramp becomes the portal shot with a lot less waiting time. Plus, no need to worry about the inevitable something going wrong with the rising disc. Now I need cool inserts for the subway windows.
[quoted image]

Notify stern, they're sending complete replacement subway mechs out. Supposedly with updated build specs.

#2092 3 years ago

metallik and PinMonk thank you both for help troubleshooting my ball save issues. After doing some switch test I believe the left outlane switch just needed wiggled a bit as it must have been slightly catching and triggering during vibrations earlier. Seems cleared for now.

BTW, this game makes you feel like a combo god, even when I only rack up around 44M. I need to keep practicing, but the flow is insane.

#2093 3 years ago

Notify stern, they're sending complete replacement subway mechs out. Supposedly with updated build specs.

Do you have any more details on this ? Is this to prevent or detect the two balls stuck where one ball should be problem and/or the hung ball near the vuk problem ?

#2094 3 years ago

Probably not all related, but it started with a ball occasionally get stuck right before the vux. A small shake of the machine would knock it loose. Then, after .92 code update, balls would occasionally get hung up on the first and second tooth and would release after four or five ball checks. I thought is was an issue with code and that it would be cleared up on .93. Last night, a ball was hung up on the first tooth and would not release whatsoever. Second ball in just stacked on top of first. Had to lift playfield to access when I noticed the pieces on the bottom of cabinet. It is good to hear that Stern updated build specs on subway. I have always had great service from Stern when it comes to parts and maintenance so I am confident that they will get the subways working as intended.

#2095 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Do you have any more details on this ? Is this to prevent or detect the two balls stuck where one ball should be problem and/or the hung ball near the vuk problem ?

I do not have any other info on it. I just know that a number of folks here are waiting on replacement mechs. Motorcitypinball has recieved his, and stated that it had upgraded welds. Post #1950, page 39.

#2096 3 years ago

When trying to obtain the Soul Gem, the Captain Marvel shot needs to be adjusted from Stern. This is shot #6. When I rip my Captain Marvel spinner I can usually get 35 spins off of it. I notice when I'm battling for the Soul Gem when I hit this shot it usually will take 2 shots to complete and move onto shot #7. They need to adjust it maybe down to 20 spins to complete on the Pro. I'm guessing it's set somewhere around 35. The reason I say this is because on the Premium all you need to hit is the ramp shot and any shot that you're hitting solid would go up the ramp so it needs adjusted on the Pro. Please Stern I don't know if anyone else has noticed this?

#2097 3 years ago

Only took one shot for me the couple times I got there. Pro.

#2098 3 years ago

In the Mind Gem quest, hitting any Avenger shot and then spinning the disc progresses the quest. But the game calls out a specific Avenger during the quest. Is there any scoring advantage to hitting that specific Avenger instead of the others?

#2099 3 years ago

For using the gems, they have greater power depending on the level of the Avenger they're placed on. It looks like 5 out of the 6 possible gem locations are on an Avenger that can be leveled up, so when a gem is placed on the computer grid (Vision) is it just limited to only having its base power or am I missing a way to use a higher level gem power at Vision?

#2100 3 years ago

Noticing some wear one both edges of the Ant-Man (mystery) scoop.

Anyone have any ideas for protection on this? Was thinking mylar, or reaching out to Cliff to get some small edge protectors made.

Also, anyone finding the cheap SDTM drains from the pops infuriating. I'm really enjoying the game except for this. Feels even cheap, and less nudgeable than the pop drop in TWD!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,924 (OBO)
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.