IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hiker2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7622 2 years ago

I ordered my AIQ Premium and my distributor said it was supposed to be on the line last week. However, Flip N' Out said on podcast that Stern is delaying AIQ for parts. Does anyone have any insight as to is it possible my machine made it out in time or whether it was delayed?

New to Pinball, this is my first NIB.

~ Chase

#7624 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

First off congrats on your first NIB pin, you picked a great one to buy. I had some spare parts on order for my AIQ and they are back ordered, so I think what is happening is supply chain issues. Hope they resolve it soon so you can start enjoying your game, your going to FREAK OUT how fun it is!

Thanks, I hope so too. My entire family is excited to play it.

#7671 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Just closed the hood on my AIQ. Turned out nice. Couple more small changes coming. Sweet game. Touched up the paint on the helipad, and the PYM sign.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks awesome. I cannot wait for mine to ship.

#7673 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Thanks.. up until AIQ arrived, STh premium was getting all the love. Now that we are figuring AIQ out, its been a blast. Congrats on yours.

Thanks. My mods are sitting in the corner. Going to be a blast

3 weeks later
#7880 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Thanks all, ill buy an red spring. Think over week of two i'm finally done with all the mods. Got around 25 mods installed ill share some pictures when finally finished.

I'm glad you posted this because my pin is supposed to ship this week and I have the MODS as well. I went ahead and bought the red spring after seeing this.

#7891 2 years ago

This looks great and I am definitely interested but I want to wait to see if there are any side effects. Is the motor gonna last lifting up metal?

#7894 2 years ago

How much is it? Is it a simple switch?

#7896 2 years ago

Thanks I’ll definitely keep this in mind. My pin should be showing up this week.

#7927 2 years ago

I received my AIQ premium a few days ago (I haven’t posted my photos yet ) and tried to slide the art blades but it was just too close. I removed the playfield. Problem was the coax cable went from the top of the head box all the way to the bottom of the play field. My wife and I ended up pulling it out and she stood it up at an angle While I applied the blades. If I was by myself I could have cleaned it against the machine with a towel. Just remember any time you take something apart… Take photos.

#7954 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

WOW! Sick game. What's your secret or gem sequence? After 3 weeks I can't get above 550 million and that's pretty consistently been my cap. Reached Black Order MB several times, defended Gems vs Thanos and done victory laps...still seem way far off from Battle Royale and ability to blow it up. That said I feel my Black Order MBs have been lackluster overall. Guess it's me

Forget points... lol. I am barely busting 100 million. I am still trying to collect two gems in one game.

#8011 2 years ago

My AIQ showed up last week. I was so excited playing it that I forgot to post. This is by far my favorite game ever. I am a huge avengers fan and the flow on this game is just awesome. And above all the art is just amazing.

589236C6-708D-4194-BFFE-AEE193EAEE99 (resized).jpeg589236C6-708D-4194-BFFE-AEE193EAEE99 (resized).jpeg76AC3446-6F81-4525-9863-AE64EE678AED (resized).jpeg76AC3446-6F81-4525-9863-AE64EE678AED (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#8148 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

The coin door was closed and didn’t receive the warning it was open stating the 48v was disabled, which is weird. Also what’s strange is that 1.02 code is not on Sterns website.

I got mine with 1.02 and the node board had same issue. I read the manual and it said they should all be up, but when I looked closely two of them were down. Switched them on and it works flawlessly. Love this game.

#8212 2 years ago

I am sure Many know this already but I just wanted to make sure… The subway mechanism can be disabled so that the ball roll straight through. It’s in the settings just FYI.

#8214 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Since I just got my game what is the benefit of this? Thanks

Some people are having hang ups with it. Mine is on but I just wanted to put it out there for those having issues.

#8227 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

I've had my AIQpro for a few months. This past weekend, for the first time, I've had three instances where both flippers shut-off in mid-ball...almost like I tilted, but there is no indication of lights dimming or anything on the LCD designating a tilt. When I launch the next ball (if there is a next ball), everything works fine again. At least two of the three times happened in multi-ball...the other may have happened right as the 2nd-to-last ball in a multiball drained.
Anyone experience this? Any ideas/suggestions what's happening?

I have not had this happen but anytime something like this happens... check the connections underneath. All the knocking around loosens things up.

#8230 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Will check. Thanks. Now that you mention it, I guess I did just have the playfield up to close the left outlane gap one notch...maybe I loosened something.

The connector for my trough (the one that puts a ball up to the plunger area) came loose and in the middle of my games it would just launch all six balls. I thought it was possessed lol but realized the connector was loose.

1 week later
#8323 2 years ago

Wow, IDK how that gets past quality control. Sorry to see that

2 weeks later
#8524 2 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

If I already have JP2, IMDN, DP, and Godzilla on order, is adding AIQ too much Elwin for a eight pin collection? I feel like the layouts are all unique in their own way. Maybe DP and AIQ because of the super hero themes? Just wanted to hear from others that own or have owned these titles.

I think AIQ over Godzilla, but I admit I love the theme.

#8553 2 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Happy new owner here. The spinning disc should be perfectly flush with the playfield? Not slightly raised?

Should be flush. Might need to adjust it.

3 weeks later
#8748 2 years ago

Welcome to the club... I really need to get lit buttons. The look great on this machine

1 week later
#8817 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Bent switch close to the shooter lane/trough…or/and check to see if a wire has come loose in the same area under the field.

Mine did this once…. Loose switch

3 weeks later
#8947 2 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

which do you think is the best of the 4?

I think AIQ (Bias I know) but honestly it is fast, deep and art is the best.

2 weeks later
#9014 2 years ago
Quoted from MerseDaddy:

I’m relatively new to the modern pinball world and I’m looking to purchase my first pin. I have a few titles I’m looking at, including this one.
I’m an Avengers fan so I like the theme. I haven’t really played it, but it appears to have pretty good reviews.
This might be a subjective question, but is it worth the roughly 2k to get a premium over a pro NIB? Thank you.

Yes, oh Yes. Captain marvel ramp is amazing and Subway is a lot of fun. This was my first NIB pin and it is bolted to the floor. Very deep game. I suck at pinball and keep coming back to “try again”. Good Luck

#9016 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I do really like some pro models and have a Deadpool pro in my collection, but I really love the Captain Marvel ramp on the AIQ premium!
There are some minor differences in gameplay between the the pro and premium, but really comes down to your personal preference and budget.
The code is quite deep with multiple ways to attack the game and once you learn it and are a fairly good player, the game times can get fairly long. Of course the game can be brutal as well at times.
Great game especially if you are a fan of the theme. The audio and possibly video are the only areas that could be improved in my opinion. The code and physical game play are top notch. Quite possibly the best pinball machine for stringing continuous combos and even after over 3100+ plays and "beating" the game multiple times, that Captain Marvel ramp is still damn fun to shoot!

It’s the timing on the Captain Marvel ramp. Hitting it with the perfect hit just feels awesome. Also want to mention the multi-balls. They are not “gimme” modes like with other games and feel earned. Also the skill shots actually take skill lol .

#9029 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Today.. after I bricked my new UM, added a bunch of mods to my Mando pro, and finished up the new shooter rod and voodoo glass on my wife's STh, I decided to give my AIQ some love. I wanted this damn pin so bad after I originally saw it.. finally had a chance at a really nice used premium and pulled the trigger. $550 in mods later (not including the $200 the prior owner added) and it's gorgeous.. and I can't stand it. No.. really.. this pin aggravates the hell out of me. I collect a single gem about once ever 15 games. I have no idea wtf is wrong with me or this pin. Sdtm, brutal side drains, low scores... I got a 6 ball multiball and have no clue what I did. I lowered the slings some to settle the pin playing by itself.. it just bounces the balls side to side until, well, it drains. I have it on the trade block and really want to love it, but no amount of leveling or adjustments makes it playable. All 4 of my other pins are pretty friendly. AIQ just kicks me and my family square in the... I really hate to let it go, but it's just not fun.

Check this out. I suck at pin but every time I get a little further into the game, I fill super awesome.

http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740

1 month later
#9246 2 years ago

Please please tell me how to time the Hawkeye lvl 2 shot. I’ve yet to hit it.

#9259 2 years ago
Quoted from Defil8de:

So I have ordered a new March run AIQ and am excited to get going! I have seen posts about ramp issues, I think CAPT Marvel ramp issues? Can't remember offhand but anyway, ramp issues one way or another.
What were the issues? And - is this the kind of thing that will be fixed in a new run like this, or will Stern just make it the same as the old ones with an issue and I'll need to fix it? I would really appreciate some help here because if it's the latter, I'd like to be prepared with what I need when the machine gets here. Thanks in advance!

The marvel ramp fix isn’t a must. It just increases the likely hood the pinball makes it all the way through the shot. Like you I bought the ramp fixed before my machine showed up. It does help but I wouldn’t say the ramp needs fixing. Out of my three pinball machines this one was the best out of the box.

#9276 2 years ago

Need help.

Bought new Pinstadium Neos and can’t figure out where to plug the Konekt adapters. Can someone explain or send a pic? Thanks

#9277 2 years ago

Cancel… Figured it out

#9283 2 years ago

I have GNR, WW and AIQ, I love all three for different reasons. GNR is my first music pin and I think it needs to be compared to that genre of Pinball machines. One of the best light shows ever and so many songs that it doesn’t feel repetitive. JMHO.

2 weeks later
#9354 2 years ago

Added this today… It’s the little things, Right?

73443AD0-0F41-4699-9CAE-591B3828278F (resized).jpeg73443AD0-0F41-4699-9CAE-591B3828278F (resized).jpegC3118F3A-CBE1-40E3-B3D1-EB04F342B500 (resized).jpegC3118F3A-CBE1-40E3-B3D1-EB04F342B500 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#9480 2 years ago

I have had AIQ Premium since last August. I finally caved and changed the settings to 5-ball.....Soooo much more fun. Long game to play through. Still love it.

#9483 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I've had my AIQ Premium about a month. I've just about finished putting the normal mods on it (speaker lights, subwoofer, pinstadiums, etc). Suddenly a new behavior has happened and it's very troubling... after a few minutes of play, the flippers will all go dead for about a half second... meaning that you can push the buttons and nothing happens. It is literally about a half second interval that this happens, and then they are fine again for a few minutes, until it happens again. Most of the time it happens when there is a multiball going on but it has happened with just a single ball in play also. I haven't been able to relate it to a specific other coil firing at the same time or anything. Just to make sure it wasn't the pinstadiums (those were the last mod I installed), I unplugged those and electrically removed them from the game (they are still physically installed). Unfortunately, it is still happening even after they are not present.
Any ideas? The game played flawlessly for several weeks and this started happening suddenly.

My pinstadiums did the same thing to my game. I turned the game on before connecting the app to my pinstadiums. I think there is a firmware process that takes place when the app connects to the pinstadiums. Try connecting them to the app and restarting the pin. Worked for me.

#9487 2 years ago

When you say uninstalled do you mean took the wires out too? maybe check the GI connection. Also I connected my diffuser connection to the Vision light.

#9499 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Props to SirSnarf for the killer gauntlet mod!
[quoted image]

Can I purchase that mod

#9503 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Sounds like you need to learn how to catch with the flipper.

I am new to Pinball I am been playing less than a year. As far as I can tail avengers infinity quest is a very vertical game. The second you start going left and right especially on the lower portion i.e. the slingshots, the drain comes

#9514 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I ended up using two hex standoffs. The screwed right into the existing mounts and the existing screws held the other side.
[quoted image]

What length did you use? I don't like putting a bunch of mods in but this seems great.

#9541 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I am noticing that this machine is darker when not in play than my other machines. Is this normal or am I missing something.

My first pinstadium went on this machine. It definitely makes a difference on this machine. The center of the playfield is pretty dark. Just my two cents

1 week later
#9668 1 year ago
Quoted from Gentax:

Looking at my games there is a very frustrating trend I'm having (besides not being able to get the mind gem) and that's if I get a gem then I will drain twice before being able to start the next mode.
I've looked at my patterns so far and if i fail the first quest then I can easily start the 2nd and third gems no problem. HOWEVER if I get a gem in the I WILL drain twice before starting the next gem. Doesn't matter if its reality, power or mind I will drain twice. My latest game my first quest was even the soul gem (2nd ball) and after getting it I drained twice again.
Uhhhh...I have no idea why this is happening. Its VERY consistent
EDIT
I just did another game and had an amazing 1st ball and got the mind gem and triggered the soul gem quest before draining. Then I drained twice before starting the soul gem quest

I had the same struggles. Someone on here told me I should set my game to 5-ball. I am against this because I'm very competitive but he was right. It is the only game I set to 5-ball and as my kids and I get better at the game, we are going to reduce it until we get back to 3-ball.

#9680 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Not sure about #1 or #3 but the feed from Gauntlet is an easy fix. Just loosen the screw of the closest attachment point of the wireform to where the ball drops (attachment point is over the plastic above the upper flipper), make a slight change to the position of the hole the ball drops through, retighten the screw, and test by using your hand to roll a few balls down the wire. Repeat this until you’ve got the drop hole in a position where you’re happy with the feed.
Good luck with the other two items. I’d work through support on both to see what they suggest.

This was mine too. Fixed #2 right away.

#9703 1 year ago

Am I supposed to replace my coil stops? I’m not that experienced but always wondered the big deal with them is?

2 weeks later
#9892 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I ran into an odd issue while playing last night. After hitting the tower shot, it goes into the Hawkeye countdown like it normally does. However this time it paused after counting down and held the ball for a few extra seconds. It happened a few times after. It doesn’t break the game, it’s just odd. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sounds like Hawkeye level 2

1 month later
#10416 1 year ago

I really try to keep the Stern “Essence” when I put in a toy. I rarely do this. However, Figpins are perfect scale and very detailed. Also, they are very easy to install as the base has a hole for mounting.

-I know some won’t take to this (Wasn’t made and sold for a million dollars on pinside) but there are a million figpins for your liking to choose from. They are also a great scale for pinball. Here are some photos.

-I post this to inspire others and show modding doesn’t have to cost a ton. I got this on sale at my GameStop for $7 each.

4967079C-F38B-479D-8704-F03F98BA975F (resized).jpeg4967079C-F38B-479D-8704-F03F98BA975F (resized).jpeg66700FF1-FC0E-4A70-801C-27E26FCD949A (resized).jpeg66700FF1-FC0E-4A70-801C-27E26FCD949A (resized).jpeg6841058B-F075-41FE-8AF0-24F6AC7776C6 (resized).jpeg6841058B-F075-41FE-8AF0-24F6AC7776C6 (resized).jpegDCC84E0B-3635-43F0-9B3B-101A423D2218 (resized).jpegDCC84E0B-3635-43F0-9B3B-101A423D2218 (resized).jpeg
#10421 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

I am thinking about getting the AIQ topper from stern. For those that own it, what are your thoughts? Does it really add to the look? Is it worth it?

I have four sterns and AIQ is the only one I have the topper for. It is awesome as my family and I are mediocre at best and to see the gems up there is like bragging rights. Especially if you set off the extra bonus multi-ball. I feel it adds to the game. I have Deadpool without the topper because I just don't see how it adds to the game.

Still waiting for Mando and Godzilla.....Jeez Stern lol.

#10455 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I don't like to make modifications either, but this really fits well into the machine. Do you ship to Spain? Greetings

I don’t make these. They are a store bought product called “Figpin”.

4 weeks later
#10584 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Ok, got another weird one here. Anybody who has installed Infinity Gem Stern Shooter Rod, does the stock spring need to be upgraded. I changed out the shooter rod and now a full plunge won’t make it all the way up the ramp. A full plunge barely gets me to the black panther secret skill
Shot

Yes, Order the red spring. I did this and haven't had issues since.

1 month later
#10843 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I was recently asking about the leveling of the agamoto disk.... They told me that you have to remove the white piece to be able to move it. I am a little insecure at the moment of doing it, does anyone know if there is a video tutorial to be more sure of how to do it? greetings and thanks !!!!

That is correct. Don't worry about hurting anything. That disc and nut combo are probably the most solid piece on the game. Just loosen the white piece, adjust the metal part so that the disc is at the level height and the tighten the white piece again. Only takes a minute.

Good luck. Have fun. Pinball is all about the fixins.

#10846 1 year ago

Exactly. Have the playfield up against the head of the cabinet. Loosing the white piece. Adjust the metal bearing until the disc is where you want it and then tighten the white nut back. Good Luck.

#10851 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

a question. What is the best strategy to follow to quickly explode the score?

I got this one…….. Take the glass off

2 weeks later
#10925 1 year ago

I guess I could’ve put this anywhere but figured I’ve been a member in this thread the longest. Does anybody take the glass off their pin to practice specific shots?

#10939 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I never have. Sometimes I will just practice or concentrate on certain shots to help "Groove them in", but during normal gameplay.
I did this specifically on AIQ with the Hawkeye upper loop shot, because for a while I was struggling to collect Hawkeye Challenges and also get the Jackpots in Black Order Multiball.

I am horrible at this shot. I probably get it 1/10 times. lol

9 months later
#12044 8 months ago

I’m gonna hulk out my AIQ pro. Here’s my disk mod. I think it’s gonna pull it all together when I’m done.

IMG_5367 (resized).jpegIMG_5367 (resized).jpegIMG_5368 (resized).jpegIMG_5368 (resized).jpeg
#12051 8 months ago

Anyone have an extra leveling bushing I can buy?

I Can’t find them online.

IMG_5454 (resized).pngIMG_5454 (resized).png

#12070 8 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Just got this game last week. I cannot get the manual shooter to get the ball up the back left ramp. It ends in the middle for a skill shot. I replaced the spring to a red and it goes half way up and backs down. The auto shooter makes the shit every time. This is on a premium. What do I do?

Do you have the gem shooter rod? If so you need a stronger spring.

#12077 8 months ago

This is going to sound barbaric but when I put the gem rod on mine I put a small piece of balled up paper inside the shooter tip. Works great for an extra
3-4mm

#12079 8 months ago

For those who are getting rejects off of the Stark Tower Magnet... I replaced my nut and bolt with wrought iron ones. Pure iron is much better for an electro-magnet. Just thought i'd put it out there. I didn't have this problem on my Premium before but my pro does have the problem and I fixed it for about $4.00

#12089 7 months ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Hey everyone, I’ve been on the fence about getting AIQ. I really enjoy playing it on location, the shots are great and the music/callouts don’t bother me at all. I currently have a CCr (family favorite), a AFMr (my love/hate machine), GZ pro and a DP pro. Only have room for 4…….if anything’s gonna go it’s AFM.
I guess the question is, those of you that own it…..is it a long term keeper?

Tough question to be unbiased in. I bought it twice… first the premium and now pro. Pro is my choice of the two for flow. As far as a keeper… great..deep rules and quality replay value. I’m a huge marvel fan, so I’m biased but it’s my favorite Elwin pin. I’ve owned JP and Godzilla also but AIQ was my fav. Totally biased

1 week later
#12101 7 months ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

Finally got my topper I ordered almost a year ago! Looks awesome! Problem is it’s not collecting gems… any ideas??
Also, anybody know of an easier way to replace the two rubbers by BP/subway other than tearing it all down to nothing??

Check your settings. I think I remember being a setting that.

4 weeks later
#12156 6 months ago

I once had my sensors on one side turn slightly. Just enough to trigger the red laser for each of the boards on the tower. I made a slight adjustment so that each of the lasers were clearing the holes. Hope this helps.

1 week later
#12179 6 months ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Anyone have a problem where the opto for the inner loop is not registering the shot to help complete the modes?

Can you be more specific? Are you talking the Captain America shot, the falcon shot or the captain Marvel shot?

#12185 6 months ago

I’ve owned both Pro and premium. They are both great, but the pro is much smoother to shoot. I like the marvel spinner on the pro more than the return wire form on the premium.

2 weeks later
#12252 5 months ago
Quoted from mdmitch2:

I have one more issue I'm working out on my Pro --- the return wireform from the black panther ramp seems to be out of whack. The end of the wireform that feeds the right inlane is angled upward quite a bit, and this has caused there to be a bit of a 'dip' where the wireform passes the Capt Marvel shot. The ball has gotten stuck in this spot when two balls are both returning and one rolls back into the dip. I'm assuming the wireform is not installed correctly, but it's not depicted in the manual, so I'm not sure how to correct it.
In the attached images, the green square is indicating where the ball got stuck and the arrow is indicating where the wireform is colliding with the plastic on the right side of the Capt Marvel shot. You can also see the upward angle of the wireform leading to the inlane. I've tried adjusting the screws at both mounting points, but this is the closest I can get it to 'straight'.
Does anyone have pictures or info on how this wireform is supposed to be mounted at each of the two screw locations pictured? Am I missing some spacers or other parts?
Thanks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The post in the third photo looks like it is the wrong post for that spot. Check the manual, but I think it supposed to be taller.

3 weeks later
#12343 5 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Quick question regarding leveling the spinning disc:
The left side looks fairly level, the right side in just a hair or 2 too high. When the disc spins, then stops, the right side is just a little too high.
For this adjustment, am I just lifting the black plate (or whatever it is called) with the 2 screws, or is something underneath that should be adjusted as well?
Thanks!

First try adjusting the black ring, but you can also add an extra washer underneath the playfield, which will adjust the leveling of the disc.

4 weeks later
#12416 4 months ago

I would like to see Adam Warlock in the game since he’s on the playfield.

1 week later
#12448 3 months ago

I’ve had AIQ for 2 years….. I’ve never played the battle Royale mode. Lol. I feel like I’m a horrible owner. lol

#12454 3 months ago

OK so I did the challenge mode option. That is actually really really fun. Glad I checked it out.

2 weeks later
#12489 3 months ago
Quoted from Enigma311:

This game clicked with me this weekend. It’s incredible. I’m a newish player, started in 2019, excluding playing a few games as a kid. Wife got us going on pinball because she kept banging on Stranger Things and showed pinball was a game of skill that could be mastered. Played a ton of pinball as a result. I was pretty disappointed playing the pro version of this game the first time. That and all the negativity about the game on pinside caused me to write it off way too quickly.
I can’t explain it but this game took a hold of me this weekend. The rules just clicked. I’ve been learning how to nudge and that’s also just worked on this game. It’s so fair and interesting. It’s a top game.

I owned Pro and Pre. I prefer the pro. I do kind of miss the subway, however, the Captain Marvel spinner is 100% shot versus the Captain Marvel ramp was two out of three at best. I like them both. It’s crazy how different they play.

2 weeks later
#12544 84 days ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

New to me AIQ. I believe it’s a 2021 build. Did those have the new leveling bushings for the premium?
So far things are good but my disc is pretty wonky. That and I’m getting air balls off of it and maybe off of the titans I replaced in the portal spinner.
Based on the pics - should I try getting the leveling bushing or using the other key post to level the disc? Just one side looks a bit off and it’s not fully centered within the ring.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You just need to level the disk. Minor adjust the black bevel, and adjust the bearing to get the disc to the level you want. If the disc is canted you can add a washer to the corner of the underside of the playfield (The metal box holding the disc system). This allows for minor adjustments to individual corners. Have fun with it. You’ll get it.

#12546 84 days ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Thanks! Do I need to take the entire thing apart to add the washer?
And assuming by leveling the disc you mean this post/guide -> https://o.pinside.com/a/6e/95/a6e9501ad7ebf2b6df36240d756023483680a872.pdf
Collected my first gem and did the soul gem quest. Lots of fun!

When you’re adding the washer, you just takeoff the screws to the corner of the metal box that you want to add the washer too and it pushes that area of the disc down. It’s a finesse thing.

#12547 84 days ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

When you’re adding the washer, you just takeoff the screws to the corner of the metal box that you want to add the washer too and it pushes that area of the disc down. It’s a finesse thing.

Yes, for the black bevel in the instructions.

#12550 83 days ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

So just take them off and jam the washer between the two metal plates right? Assuming these would be them - I get almost no play take off one full side, guess I gotta loosen everything first.
Edit - was able to put a washer under there. Think I got it a BIT better. Hard to tell compared to before but attached a picture. It’s not centered within the hole but it’s a bit flatter.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yes, exactly like that. I don’t think I saw it mentioned here anywhere but that’s how I got it to be perfect, angle wise.

#12552 83 days ago

Sure thing, no problem.

2 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Trade
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hiker2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=hiker2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.