q2 (resized).png
20230615_101026 (resized).jpg
20230615_095125 (resized).jpg
20230615_095139 (resized).jpg
20230512_105453 (resized).jpg
20001188-83075a9c_ALT01 (resized).jpg
20230512_123701 (resized).jpg
yX4CYWE.jpg
MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2YWM3Njc3YmRkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxOTU1MjQ3._V1_ (resized).jpg
portal (resized).jpg
There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 89.
#2401 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Good lord I can't remember a fall season this packed in quite sometime. Just finished up Hellblade (awesome btw, highly recommend), preordered No Ni Kuni this week, picking up Astral Chain tonight, Dragon Quest IX, Ghostbusters remastered on the 4th of Oct. Not to mention The Sinking City and Call of Cthulhu on the radar...
Also for those looking to pick up Links Awakening today, Walmart has it listed for $49.98. Use brickseek to check stock.

I think it's only packed if you're a switch only owner, lol. I have all three (xbox, ps4, switch) and find this fall to be the worst one for gaming in a long time. The switch is getting a lot of games that were already on other systems, but that doesn't really do me a lot of good. There really isn't any blockbuster game this fall.

#2402 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I think it's only packed if you're a switch only owner, lol. I have all three (xbox, ps4, switch) and find this fall to be the worst one for gaming in a long time. The switch is getting a lot of games that were already on other systems, but that doesn't really do me a lot of good. There really isn't any blockbuster game this fall.

Gears 5 on Xbox is actually quite good. It’s fun, totally brain less and they kept the old style hide and shoot gameplay that’s the signature of the serie. I am having a very fun time playing it.

#2403 4 years ago

Finally picked up Mario maker 2. So much fun. The world's people create are fantastic. Just uploaded my 1st world! Def worth a buy!

#2404 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

You won't see any blockbuster releases on PS4/Xbox as they are at the end of their console cycle. Next year you'll see the blockbuster games along PS5.

#2405 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

There really isn't any blockbuster game this fall

Except for Luigi's Mansion 3. I don't really get that excited for new releases, but that game is a top 5 for me. It is really well done musically, visually, and fun/casual gameplay.

#2406 4 years ago

Pokemon Sword and Shield will be a blockbuster release, you can count on it.

Me personally, I've never played a Pokemon game. It does nothing for me. But I respect it massive following, and that game will sell like crazy.

#2407 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Pokemon Sword and Shield will be a blockbuster release, you can count on it.
Me personally, I've never played a Pokemon game. It does nothing for me. But I respect it massive following, and that game will sell like crazy.

i remember as a kid when pokemon came out, i was in middle school, picked up a copy of blue. I remember the first time i "died" but you just "faint" and end up not losing anything... I was like wtf thats lame. I grew up with the brutal nes games like castlevania and megaman and stuff like that. I played thru blue but never bought another version.

#2408 4 years ago

got to play a little zelda today in handheld mode

the frame drop/ slowdown and blur is kinda annoying for sure, definitely noticeable and shouldn't be in a $60 Nintendo first party game. if this was $40 like it shoulda been, I wouldnt be as bummed about it. enjoying the game for sure but cant believe they let that slide and didnt hear anything about it in the few reviews I checked out.

#2409 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

got to play a little zelda today in handheld mode
the frame drop/ slowdown and blur is kinda annoying for sure, definitely noticeable and shouldn't be in a $60 Nintendo first party game. if this was $40 like it shoulda been, I wouldnt be as bummed about it. enjoying the game for sure but cant believe they let that slide and didnt hear anything about it in the few reviews I checked out.

I initially thought it bothered me more on a big TV but I tried playing at night in bed and with tired eyes running around the overworld is brutal. I'm enjoying it but at the same time it's still just a gameboy game and I paid more for it than I did for Resident Evil 2.

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The system itself has motion, so if you’re playing in handheld & a game has motion, you can still do it. They won’t have motion if you’re playing tabletop or docked with these things.

I watched a review on these and the reviewer tested out motion controls in Splatoon and BotW and they didn't work.

#2411 4 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

You won't see any blockbuster releases on PS4/Xbox as they are at the end of their console cycle. Next year you'll see the blockbuster games along PS5.

Death Stranding is coming out soon, The Last of Us 2 is on its way soon. There are some blockbusters still on their way on ps4.

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Except for Luigi's Mansion 3. I don't really get that excited for new releases, but that game is a top 5 for me. It is really well done musically, visually, and fun/casual gameplay.

I'm actually looking forward to that game as well. However, I wouldn't exactly call it a blockbuster, lol. I still think the original was the best game on the gamecube despite the lukewarm reviews.

#2413 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I'm actually looking forward to that game as well. However, I wouldn't exactly call it a blockbuster, lol. I still think the original was the best game on the gamecube despite the lukewarm reviews.

I played the Gamecube version quite a bit, but felt like the 3ds version was a whole other level of awesome. This looks to add onto both of them and take it over the top.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this one sells like crazy. Unlike a lot of the Nintendo releases this year that were rehashes/re-enhances of originals (Pokemon, Zelda), this is an original title developed for this system. It looks SUPER great, based on the few videos out there.

I know the gameplay isn't over the top difficult, but I think that actually helps this title.

#2414 4 years ago

I have to beat links awakening soon, because LM3 is going to rock my socks off!!! I have a 3ds at work and was thinking of getting the 3ds version so I could try it. I started the GCN version on my wii/wiiu and it was cool, but with the new engine, they could doo sooooo much more.

#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Death Stranding is coming out soon, The Last of Us 2 is on its way soon. There are some blockbusters still on their way on ps4.

I know this is the switch thread but the new Last of Us 2 trailer is incredible. Naughty Dog is just on a whole other level.

#2416 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I know this is the switch thread but the new Last of Us 2 trailer is incredible. Naughty Dog is just on a whole other level.

No pores ‘n hair mocap corpse talk in Switchland!

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have to beat links awakening soon, because LM3 is going to rock my socks off!!! I have a 3ds at work and was thinking of getting the 3ds version so I could try it. I started the GCN version on my wii/wiiu and it was cool, but with the new engine, they could doo sooooo much more.

Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon on 3DS is awesome, and the 3D effect is incredible and adds to the haunted house & ghost atmosphere. I’m kinda bummed the new one won’t be in 3D...but it’s still going to be awesome.

#2418 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No pores ‘n hair mocap corpse talk in Switchland!

I knew before I even posted that you would be in here waving you finger in a matter of minutes. Did you sit front row in school and endless wave your hand in the air. Why do you incessantly police this thread like an 8 year old teachers pet?

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have a 3ds at work and was thinking of getting the 3ds version so I could try i

this-

Quoted from Rarehero:

Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon on 3DS is awesome, and the 3D effect is incredible and adds to the haunted house & ghost atmosphere

#2420 4 years ago

The 3DS was such a great system, it kills me they never released an Advance Wars on it. I thought the Luigi Mansion franchise was a perfect match for the system and playing handheld, I liked it more on the 3DS than Gamecube. It never felt like a full console release, I guess going room to room was like the original game boy.

#2421 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I knew before I even posted that you would be in here waving you finger in a matter of minutes. Did you sit front row in school and endless wave your hand in the air. Why do you incessantly police this thread like an 8 year old teachers pet?

Why can't you recognize schtick for schtick?

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why can't you recognize schtick for schtick?

surejan.w710.h473.2x (resized).jpgsurejan.w710.h473.2x (resized).jpg

Maybe its time for some new material.

#2423 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It surely is incredible, the best part is that they don’t just make beautiful games, they also build fantastic gaming experiences, I’ve already placed my pre order.

And since this is the Switch topic I do hope that Nintendo learned their lesson from the Wii U and encourages AAA exclusive games from third parties. They clearly wont win the battle of pure power but the Switch can definitely do more than indie games and Nintendo in house developed games. For RPGs typically the switch is my preferred platform, I like to start a game on my tv and continue it in bed.

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

[quoted image]
Maybe its time for some new material.

Go play with your corpse mannequins.

#2425 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Cyberpunk2077 (not switch, but a big title)
Borderlands 3 (same as above)
Gears 5 (again)
Luigis Mansion 3 (switch)

Those are enough to keep me busy through the fall, how much time can a guy have?

#2426 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The 3DS was such a great system, it kills me they never released an Advance Wars on it. I thought the Luigi Mansion franchise was a perfect match for the system and playing handheld, I liked it more on the 3DS than Gamecube. It never felt like a full console release, I guess going room to room was like the original game boy.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon on 3DS is awesome, and the 3D effect is incredible and adds to the haunted house & ghost atmosphere. I’m kinda bummed the new one won’t be in 3D...but it’s still going to be awesome.

Did the rename of Luigi’s mansion get out in 3d? Or was it just dark moon?

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Did the rename of Luigi’s mansion get out in 3d? Or was it just dark moon?

Yeah, both are available in 3D in 3DS.

#2428 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Gears 5 (again)
Those are enough to keep me busy through the fall, how much time can a guy have?

I’m having a baby in a month - so Luigi’s Mansion 3 will be enough for me...and I prob won’t have time for it!

#2429 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m having a baby in a month - so Luigi’s Mansion 3 will be enough for me...and I prob won’t have time for it!

I believe the Switch was specifically made for Dads with newborns....LOL.... You can play a Switch with a kid passed out in your lap... or so I am told.

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh, and congrats on your first kid! There is nothing better/more satisfying in this world than being a father.

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Gears 5 (again)

cyber punk is slated for april of 2020

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I believe the Switch was specifically made for Dads with newborns....LOL.... You can play a Switch with a kid passed out in your lap... or so I am told.

Can confirm.

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Oh, and congrats on your first kid! There is nothing better/more satisfying in this world than being a father.

Thanks, I'm super hyped!!!! ...and if I can take little Switch breaks, cool....if not, cool. "Raising Kid" is my new AAA game!

#2434 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thanks, I'm super hyped!!!! ...and if I can take little Switch breaks, cool....if not, cool. "Raising Kid" is my new AAA game!

And before you know it you will have a skilled gaming partner !

#2435 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You'll have time. There's intervals with newborns... really busy for 15 minutes, then 1.5 hours of naps.

My brother picked up a Switch for me while I was in the hospital with my twins (he didn't buy it for me, just helped me attain one while I was unavoidably detained).

I played through a lot of Zelda while they slept and I was off of work. I probably ended up depriving myself of more sleep than I should have, but it made me realize what a perfect system it is for someone like me. I could easily bring it into bed while I was 'on the clock' and my wife slept.

#2436 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I played through a lot of Zelda while they slept and I was off of work. I probably ended up depriving myself of more sleep than I should have, but it made me realize what a perfect system it is for someone like me. I could easily bring it into bed while I was 'on the clock' and my wife slept.

Exactly this..... My lack of sleep usually wasn't kid related, it was Switch related. Once the kid was asleep, the smart parent would use that time to catch up on some sleep as well. The 14 year-old trapped in a 43 year-old man's body (myself) used that time to level up in Pokemon.... You can still look super tired in the morning and come out looking like an All-Star though.... My wife- "Thank you for staying up with the kid while I slept".... Myself -"You are lucky I enjoy being a dad so much, it really wasn't any trouble".....

#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

cyber punk is slated for april of 2020

Grrrr, should have researched better, borderlands 3 is keeping me plenty busy anyway, and will for a while

#2438 4 years ago

Any one playing Untitled Goose Game it looks incredible.

#2439 4 years ago

so, it's a game where you get to be an asshat goose and steal stuff from people? pretty funny

#2440 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Any one playing Untitled Goose Game it looks incredible.

Thanks, that looks right up my alley (being an a-hole).... I just pulled the trigger. For $15 its worth a shot.

#2441 4 years ago

I haven't tried it myself but its blowing up everywhere right now, I'll grab it tonight.

#2442 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Thanks, that looks right up my alley (being an a-hole).... I just pulled the trigger. For $15 its worth a shot.

Come back with your full review. Seems like a novelty game for me to get a few laughs, but beyond that...maybe a bit too shallow?

#2444 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Lol just had our first last Thursday.
I can confirm it does. When the wife and baby slept, I was playing links awakening in the hospital lol.

Had dx when I got a gbc as a kid, great remake, yes frame drops happen and it should be 40 bucks. But I'm pretty close to the end and had a great time.

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I haven't tried it myself but its blowing up everywhere right now, I'll grab it tonight.

It’s literally the best game ever made. All other games in development should just be cancelled.

It’s super cute and funny in unexpected ways. A really fun game for people to watch, too. My wife was laughing her ass off as I fucked with people. She’s cracking up goin’ “YOU RUINED THAT GUY’S LIFE!!! BWAHAHAHA!!”

#2446 4 years ago

I need to distract my kids for a couple of hours tonight while my wife works. I think the goose game may be the perfect solution...

#2447 4 years ago

I need to distract my kids for a couple of hours tonight while my wife works. I think the goose game may be the perfect solution...

If they don't play yes. If they do play Mario Party is my winner, you can spend 2 hours on it playing with the family without ever noticing it !

#2448 4 years ago

I have a 5 year old and two 2.5 year olds. I play some games with them on occasion, but it's a true test of patience for me. It can be fun for short periods of time... but something like this seems like it would keep them entertained even if I'm the only one on the controls.

#2449 4 years ago

A new Bubble Bobble game is coming soon

#2450 4 years ago

I have a 5 year old and two 2.5 year olds. I play some games with them on occasion, but it's a true test of patience for me. It can be fun for short periods of time... but something like this seems like it would keep them entertained even if I'm the only one on the controls.

The other option is Mario Kart 8. The switch has an automatic mode where the cars drives by themselves. So kids can play without being frustrated and you can play for real, gain some trophies, unlock new cars etc.

There are 4,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nintendo-switch-super-mario-odyssey/page/49?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.